Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

The dying (Strawberry_kiss & fogu_s_tofu)

Turning the water off, Mia stepped out of the shower with a sigh of satisfaction,wrapping a towel around her petite, but feminine body, before taking another towel to dry her hair with. She stepped back into the room, smiling at him brightly while she dried up her hair with the towel, "It's all yours.." She chuckled, walking over to the bed, pulling out her clothes to wear

Z caught movement from the corner of his eye and turned to see her there, wrapped in towel. He pulled his headset off and stood. "Thank you." He gave a slight bow and stepped through the door. As he stripped down he tossed everything behind the door. He could see her clothes neatly folded and thought about how different their behaviors were. Thoughts aside he stepped into the shower. He scrubbed days of grime sweat and dirt away happily. He dried himself and turned the faucet off. Z then located a robe and dressed himself in it.
he exited into the room and smiled. "I'm taking this." He indicated the blue garment adding "I'll not let you stop me either."

By the time he got out of the shower, she was already in a pair of shorts and t-shirt, her usual comfort and sleep wear, her hair still slightly damp and her reading glasses placed over her eyes, reading through the book he handed her. She looked up at him as he spoke, smiling softly back at him and nodding, "Go nuts..." She replied softly, as she returned to reading it, completely engrossed in it

"Go nuts..." She told him this and he actually gave a laugh.

He sat across the room from her, eyeing her with an amused grin. "A good read, yes." He placed his headset around his neck and continued with his conversation. "It was a little girl's diary. She wrote a few actual entries, then it became her story book. She rather fancied fantasy, her father didn't." Z's eyes were dark as he got to the girl's father. "This was a good thing, because he'd use this book to fill out the nine blood-stained pages of terror." He actually shuddered as he recalled a few passages in the book. "Pages he never finished. A boy, came out from hiding and had the sense to write what he had saw and did see. Even drew a few pictures." He put the music on and gave one last input. "She never knew her real family, but they collected the book. came across it while searching for her. Now, here it is in your lovely hands." Then the hunter watched over Mia with his hungry eyes hidden by the shadows cast across the room.

She listened to him carefully, looking up from the book to stare at him, glancing every now and then down at the passages of the book, flicking through the pages. She stared down at the words before her for a few moments, before looking up at him, gulping slightly, " where is this girl now?.. and I can't say that I follow how that is related to the events happening here..." She whispered softly, her face getting paler

He leaned into the light. "She's long gone. One of the missing ones." he said softly. He made her feel nervouse with what he'd told her, and felt a little bad. "The thing that did that to them... the beast did the same thing to a village in Africa when I was there with my parents." He took the headphones off and set them aside rolling the chair over to the bed. "It's why I am as I am. Why i do what I do. It's why I'm here. The damn thing came back!" He just about growled, but she would be able to see the sorrow in his eyes. He put his hand on her lower leg."I'm not letting it do this again. That's why I need your help." He seemed to plead to her with that announcement.

She watched him slide his chair over to the bed closer to her, looking back at him as she listened to what he had to say. Her eyes softened when she saw the sorrow in his eyes as he spoke about himself. She smiled softly as he placed his hand on her lower leg, looking back at him, "Alright...I'll do all that I can to help you.." She replied softly, before she leaned back a bit, "Just...What is this beast you speak off..? A demon..?" She asked quietly, a serious look in her eyes

he noticed what he'd been doing and brought his hand away. "Not sure, but it's a good guess." He had run out of things to say for now, with his facade broken down, he asked of her. "So. Why a state agent, detective?"

Letting out a deep sigh, Mia placed the book aside, slipping her reading glasses off and placing it beside her on the bed, " Trying to follow on my father's footsteps, I guess.. Not doing such a great job at it, either" She smirked, amused by her own words. She closed her eyes for a moment, letting out a deep sigh, before opening once again to look at him, "Can I... ask you something a bit personal...?" She said softly

He nodded his head, understanding what she'd meant. It was hard to live up to a parent's accomplishments. "Can I... ask you something a bit personal...?" She asked softyl.

"Absolutely." He replied. If he didn't like the question, he didn't need to answer.

She looked at him, her face completely blank as she asked, "Just...What are you..?" She asked quietly, her eyes darting to take a peak of his fangs

The question, he'd expected it later. Most people never asked it at all. He had to think a moment before he answered. "I don't even know any more. After all I've done to myself and all that happened." His voice resonated within his own head, but he continued. "My family's always been close to the supernatural. Nobody comes through what I've been through without being tainted and corrupted. The latter I've managed to avoid so far."

He pointed to a small hardly noticeable scar on his neck. "Vampire hunt, I was twelve. I'd be one if it weren't for the magic our father used to keep us from turning." He pointed to the fangs. "Still, I have these and of course the strength. I don't even know what else could have taken a toll on me." He waited calmly for her reaction.

She watched him quietly, blinking slowly as she listened to him. As he pointed out the scar, she tilted her head curiously as she stared at it, slowly leaning forward to take a closer look at it. Her eyes never left it, as she leaned closer to his neck enough for her to trace her finger over the small scar on his neck, "Wow...Vampires..." She whispered softly, biting her lower lip softly, "So....You don't crave human blood...Or are scared of crosses or anything of that sort..?"

She traced her finger along it and he resisted the urge to flinch away, contact of this nature virtualy alien to him. "Sometimes, but I'm no beast." He admitted, adding the fact that he wasn't like them. "Raw meat, it's a good way to squash those rare urges." He took a breath. "You're afraid of me arent you?" Quite less than the locals here, but he could tell. Z hoped it would fade in time.

She smiled, taking her hand back and leaning back a bit, staring into his eyes, "I see..." She spoke softly before she sat back on the bed, "I am...But...Not as much as I was when I first met you.."She smiled softly, stretching her arms over her head, "So...What are we going to do?"

"Stay here the night, and in the morning I will take you to see the last place those children and their grandmother were seen." He felt better knowing she wasn't as afraid of him now.

"Alright..." She nodded softly, picking up the book once again and slipping her glasses back on, continuing to read it quietly to herself

When she said okay, he gave her an affirmative nod and returned to his place in the shadows. His eyes once again roaming over her body as he let the soft melodies fill his ears. Tonight was going to be very long indeed, he worried that he was right about what they were facing, and worried about the attraction he were developing for this woman.

It wasn't long before she drifted off to sleep, the book laid open beside her as she dozed off in exhaustion, curling up in her sleep. She needed all the energy she could muster for tomorrow..It'll be a long day..

Z stood when she finally drifted off. Taking the book he sat it on the endtable, then he removed her glasses and sat them on the book. He pulled the covers over her, and looked pleased that he'd taken care of his partner. He found a second blanket and lay it on the floor with the pillow he'd tossed down earlier. After turning everything off he lay down in his pallet and soon was sleeping.

Mia woke up early the next day, rubbing her eyes with the back of her fist as she glared in annoyance at the open curtains of the wndow, where sunshine has managed to sneak in. Looking down at the covers, she frowned, not remembering getting covered up the night before. She glanced over to where Z slept, smiling gently when she saw him fast asleep on the floor. She slowly and quietly slipped off the bed, tiptoeing her way to the bathroom as noiselessly as possible

Z woke some time when Mia was in the restroom. He stretched before he gathered up the dirty clothes. He'd gotten them from the restroom in the middle of the night and decided he was going to wash them before they left today.

He stepped out and headed for the check in area. People did not give him a good morning, now wish him a good day. Walking up to the clerk he layed out a bills. "I need my laundry done. I would also like to order breakfast. Two orders of the special, please."

Nervously the clerk took the money and repeated Z's requests. "Laundry service. Five dolars. Two orders of bacon, eggs, hashbrowns toast and fruit. Thirty dollars. Would you like coffee?" Z thought a moment. "Yea, bring a pot. Everything to sweeten it, I don't know how my pertner takes it." He pt out another twenty. "Don't bring the change when you deliver our meals. You can keep it." The man gave a nervouse smile. "Thank you."

By the time he came back, Mia was already out of the restroom, brushing her hair slowly, already dressed in a pair of jeans, tank top and a black blazer. She sat on the edge of the bed as she slipped her knee-high boots on, smiling up at him, "For a minute there, I thought you ran off when I was in the bathroom..You had your chance there.." She smirked, zipping her boot up

He gave her a wide grin. "I thought about it." He moved across the floor to sit at the end of the bed with her. "But it is kind of hard to avoid the authorities when you are running around in a blue robe." He pulled off his boots and set them aside. "So I figured that a nice breakfast while I wait for my laundry would be splended. Unless you would rather ride up hungry with me smelling foul."

She smiled as he sat with her, brushing her hair behind her ear as she sighed, "Well I don't know...A man walking around in a blue robe..Oh you won't stand out too much" She chuckled softly, smiling as he mentioned breakfast and laundry, chuckling, "That's very thoughtful of you, thanks! I am pretty hungry..." She sighed softly, lightly patting her stomach

Back
Top Bottom