Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

The dying (Strawberry_kiss & fogu_s_tofu)

She blinked in surprise at the sight of his scar, her eyes widening slightly. Just...what in the world gave him such a deep wound..? Mia slowly traced a finger gently along the deep scar, biting her lower lip as she did, as if the gentlest touch might caused him pain. Her lips curled to a frown, before she wrapped her arms around him and held him close. She remained silent, trying to comfort the pain that once was there

He somehow felt what she was thinking as she touched the scar and hugged him. He put his hands on her arms holding them in place. With a mixed emotion of humor and an appreciative gratitude he finally broke the moment of silence between them.

"It's touching. I've never had someone show so much concern for something that has long passed." He kissed her bicep and nuzzled it with his cheek. "I got this, the day I lost so much." He'd already told her about that day. To him, it hurt like a dull ache, and played back now and again as if it were a fragmented movie trailer. "It's of no matter now. I've got you to focus on now." This time he kissed her hand as he brought it up to his lips. "And the world already seems so much better."

There was one certainty, whatever this was, it was after his family. Trying to whipe them out when there were so few in a generation. Z knew that to protect the future he could have with her meant ridding the world of what ever vile creature this thing happened to be.

She smiled softly back at him, nodding softly as she listened to him talk about his scar. As he kissed her hand, she smiled, leaning forward to peck his cheek softly. She took the washcloth, getting it all nicely lathered up and soapy before she started to wash his back for him, smiling as she washed it for him. She smiled, starting to hum a soft tune as she rubbed the cloth onto his back in a gentle massage

Her fingers worked their magic on him, and he felt tired muscles relax. the humming drifted to his ears and it all seemed to hypnotize him. He remeained quiet through this so far, having nothing to say. For now, he just enjoyed Amelia's presence and this atmosphere they currently shared.

Her humming continued for a while as she washed his back, eventually coming to a stop when she was done,, setting the cloth aside. She leaned forward to wrap her arms around his neck, hugging him from behind and letting out a soft sigh

When her arms went around him he took her hands in his. the buzz of the alcohol had turned into a hazy good mood for the not so human man. This was the first time in so long he'd thought so little of the creature, and the task he set out before him. "I like that tune. What is it?"

"I'm not sure...my mother used to sing when I was a kid.." She smiled, before she slipped back in front of him, resting her back against his chest

As she rested against him again he rested his hands on her stomach, palms down and drawing little circles with his index finger. "It's pretty." The water had managed to stay warm for the time they had spent soaking in it, but now a bit of cool feeling started to be noticed now and again. Z's solution was to turn the hot water on in a light trickle that allowed heat to return, the warm currents washing over them. He was certainly enjoying this moment. Sadly, he knew that they would soon have to finish washing and try to rest up for any tasks they had to face in the morning. He kissed Amelia's neck before resting his chin on her shoulder. "If it starts to overflow, don't mind. I can pay for the water damage." He was both jesting and serious with the words as he wispered them into her ear.

"It's alright..Let's just get out of the tub..and get to bed..We do have a big day ahead of us" She purred softly with a bright smile. She took his hand before reaching back to turn off the water before slowly standing up, and then stepping out of the tub. She turned back to Z, a warm smile upon her lips as she reached out for a towel beside her

He lightly mumbled about her being right and with great interest he watched every move she made. He himself standing and steppig out to grab a towel for himself. "And that's just a day filld with little things, we cannot know what will take place over this night." Dried himself quickly, a trait developed on the road. He smiled as he stepped past her, turning to get a look at her beautiful figure letting out a little growl of approval when he grabbed the robe he'd worn earlier in the day.

She giggled at his little growl as she dried herself off with the towel, wrapped tightly around her body. She walked out to the room before she took a seat on the bed, sighing deeply. She laid back on the bed, smiling up at him as she let her hair down from its messy bun.

He smiled at her, while he gathered up a few things from his jacket and sat them on the night stand. his MP3 player and some change in case he woke up wanting a soda. He crawled into the bed laying on his stomach. Chin resting on his arms a moment before he looked to her. She had a beautiful face and he wanted it to be the last thing he saw before he fell into slumber.

Slipping into the covers and pulling the towel off, she smiled at him with a soft chuckle as he rested her head on the pillow, cuddling up to him as she purred softly and closed her eyes, wanting to feel his warmth against her own as she falls asleep.

He let out a happy sigh as she cuddled up to him, he in everyway assisting her in getting as close as possible. As she drifted off he listened to her slowing breaths, then, at last she was sleeping. He lay there wondering of tomorrows coming surprises.

The next day, Mia slowly began to wake as the sunlight from the windows began to tease her eyes. She let out a yawn as she sat up on the bed, rubbing her eyes with the back of her fist before turning to glance over at Z, smiling warmly. Leaning over him, she planted a soft kiss on his forehead before she carefully slipped off the bed, putting on a robe and heading off to the bathroom.

By the time Mia was finnished Z was up and around gathering up the items he seemed to constantly have. "Good morning." He turned and gave her a smile. He'd woken up a little after she left the bed, it had felt empty and stirred him to wake. "Though today started of good, he felt from the dream he'd had last night, some bad news was coming their way. dropping the last object into his pocket he walked over to her, giving her a tender kiss and a hug. "Did you sleep well?"

"Good morning.." She smiled, smiling at him as she got dressed, slipping on a pair of jeans and long sleeved shirt. She smiled at him as he walked to her, gently kissing him bag, nuzzling him as he hugged her, "Mm...Better than I have in a long time" She replied, "What about you...?" She stepped back a bit from him, turning to gather up her own things, grabbing the notebook and her purse with all her stuff.

"I don't remember the last time i've slept so good. I am more into the nightlife after i became what i am." He patted her bottom before giving her another hug, this time from behind. "Breakfast?" he asked.

She smiled, purring softly as he hugged her from behind. She nodded, "Sounds good.." She replied softly, lightly squeezing his hand.

He kissed her neck and gave her hand a gentle squeeze. "Eat here or sample some local cuisine?" He didn't want work and the motel room to be all that they see or do while here, yet he wanted to know if she just wanted to rest or get out in the world.

work would only pick up if a new crime scene turned up. Z had been finding old ones on his hunt of the creature for some time now. Already contaminated by the police and with no bodies to examine, and you could only learn so much from an incomplete picture.

His free hand slid onto the bare skin of her hip and he gave a small squeeze there. "Maybe explore the town. However small it is, there must be something to see."

She shivered as he kissed her neck, tilting her head back a bit with a smile as he kissed her neck, smirking as he squeezed her hip a bit, "Some local cuisine does sound nice.." She smiled softly, looking back at him, "Let's go look for some diner or something..." She cupped his cheek, grinning back at him.

"that sounds delightful." he licked her earlobe before he released her from his now roaming hands. no need to be worked up in public. "Maybe we can find some possum in the place." his reference to how backwoods the town was made him chuckle, but he had to admit, this place wasn't so bad any more.

one more kiss he planted on her cheek before he grabbed his mp3 player from his pocket. "I'll be leaving this in the glovebox, as i would much rather talk with you." He gave a cheesey grin and took up the car keys. "I shall be awaiting you in you motor vehicle."

he would rather watch her go about collecting her things, but he needed a little time to ponder the oddities in his dream. it unsettled him, though he wouldn't let it show.

She shivered as he licked her earlobe, blushing as she looked back at him when he released her. She smirked at him and chuckled softly, rolling her eyes a bit while she gathered up her things. As he kissed her cheek, she grinned back at him, nodding, "Ok..I'll be out in a minute" She smiled, waving to him before he went out the door.

As she grabbed the motel room's keys and her purse, she pulled out the notebook, taking a quick look at it. She flipped through the pages briefly, but something caught her eyes, stopping at a page, running her hands along the spine of the book, feeling the tiny remainders of the page that once was there. She's never noticed it before, and it was barely noticeable as it is, "That's odd.." She whispered, frowning a bit before leaving a bookmark at that page, then slipping the notebook back into her bag and heading out to the car where he was waiting for her.

Z opened the door as she approached. leaning across the passengers seat. He was sitting in the drivers seat, the car already running. "It was cool, so i thought i'd warm the car up." music played softly from the radio, music that he promptly turned off. "I'll take you wherever you wish, my dear."

She smiled as she slipped onto the passenger's seat, bruhing her hair back as she shrugged her shoulders, "Anywhere would be fine" She answered with a light nod and a grin, before taking out the notebook again, staring at it closely, lightly sliding the tip of her index finger along it's spine.

Back
Top Bottom