Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

The dying (Strawberry_kiss & fogu_s_tofu)

It had been a hectic week in the town of Bishop Hill. Four missing cattle, three horses and nine dogs. Then, yesterday two children and their grandmother vanished. Hours later, the man appeared again. the police decided to bring him in.
The deputy, the sherif and seven volunteers, it took them all to get him under controll so he could be chained. three went to the hospital after, four others were beaten pretty bad, but the reward was well worth it, the strange maniac was now jailed.

Rodger, the local sherif fancied himself a writer, and recorded his experiences as if writing a book. He was trying to cronicle yesterdays arrest but the suspect kept making such a racket.
"What the hell! Shut him up, Gomer!" He barked out.
There was no answer and the law man got worried. "Gomer?" He asked standing and looking to the cells. The deputy lay knocked out cold after having stepped a little too close to the cell.
"It's only been one day and I'm tired of this shit!" He grabbed his phone and dialed. "Yes, give me the state bureau of investigation, please."

It took about 2 days for the state bureau of investigation to send someone to Bishop Hill. The report included several cases of missing animals, along with two children and a senior citizen. To the bureau, they had far bigger cases to worry about, so they sent one of their newest recruits to the small town. Young Amelia James headed straight to the police station as soon as she set foot on the Bishop Hill's train station. She held a folder of the sherif's report in her hand, having read it over and over throughout the train ride, trying to make sense of it. But to truly understand the situation, she needed to hear it from the sherif himself, and meet their suspect.

Once she she was there, she presented her badge to the sheriff, "Amelia James, from the state bureau of investigation" She introduced herself, before stuffing her badge back in her pocket, "I've heard of these cases of missing animals and people..What kind of information do you have to help me with the investigation?" She slipped thin-rimmed glasses out of her jacket's pocket, slipping it on

Rodger gave her a warm smile. "Well, the only one who knows anything is in there." He pointed back towards the cells. "I should warn you, even chained he's still very dangerous. It took nine of us to get him in there, not one came out unharmed." He turned, saying grimly. "Follow me if you dare."

As his cell came into view, you could see the man looking as if he were ready to put on a magic act, chained up tighly in a standing position with chains anchoring him to the wall. "We did this all just for him." He commented sounding proud of himself.
The strangers eyes locked onto the sherif, cold piercing and Roger paled some. "Well, here's the keys. Please wait till I'm at my desk to open the cell." He took a quick glance back at the prisoner and hurried to his cubicle.

Z stared at the young woman, his eyes still sharp, but nothing like the glare he'd givin the sherif. This was almost as if he were staring into her soul, or trying to read her mind. "Hello." The word was delivered by a smooth, low and predatory voice.

She raised an eyebrow slightly at the sheriff, but said nothing of it. She followed him calmly, but froze when she saw just how chained up this man was in his cell. She wasn't sure if she felt sorry for him or scared of him, nonetheless she stepped in a bit closer, but still kept at a safe distance. She glanced back at the sheriff as he hurried back to his cubicle before turning her attention back to the chained up stranger. A shiver ran down her spine when he spoke to her, clearing her throat before she replied, "Hello...My name's Mia James..and you are..?" She smiled politely, pulling a chair up for herself

He watched her get seated and smiled at her name. "It's a pleasure to meet you, Amelia." Though she'd only given her nickname, he spoke it full as if he'd known it all along. "You may call me, Z." He gave what resembled a bow before he spoke again. "After the letter, just the letter." The more he spoke, the more he sounded like a well educated gentleman, the more he seemed like he really shouldn't be here. The evidence; however, along with his body language proved that there was a darkness in him. Something very dark indeed.

She remained silent, her eyes never leaving his sharp ones. She kept on a firm facade, but that darkness that seemed to loom around him did scare her quite a bit. She was surprised by how well-spoken he was, and that only made her more and more curious about this man, "Huh...So...Your name is a single letter...Alright..." She opened the folder, taking a look over it before glancing up at him, "Alright...It's said here that you're not a native in this town..and that these events have started when you came here.." She looked up at him, watching him carefully

He gave an amused huff when she was done speaking, he couldn't help it with the thoughts that came through his mind. "So the hick sherif deduced that much did he. I suppose he's right. This was a nice place, now they all cower in fear. I bet it is the first time they've locked their doors since the witch scares of the sixteen eighties." He moved around him being a native or not, and right on to the heart of the matter.

"My dear, Amelia. May I call you Amelia?" He questioned, but before she could answer he continued on. "This isn't about weather I've done these things, it's about closing the case. This, this, I assume was quickly passed on to you, because your superiors feel just that..." Hi grinned broadly, miscief showing through. "...Superior, and you have something to prove." He licked his lips as he eyed her over. "Yes, the egomaniacle titans see you as a pretty face, but imagine the blow they will recieve when you break the biggest case in state history." He hinted to having insight of things, telling her it was far bigger than orrigionally thought. "Too bad you just care about the paper work." Some of what he had said was true, but the rest was just him pushing her buttons as he tried to talk his way out of the cell.

Mia narrowed her eyes slightly, remaining silent as she stared right back at him. Her hands gripped at her coat a bit as she looked at him. Once he finished speaking, she remained silent for a few minutes before she spoke, "Biggest case in state history? You sound very sure about that..." She whispered softly, leaning a bit closer, "How about you try and tell me more about those cases...Did you kidnap those animals? The children and their grandmother?" She asked quietly

He too leaned in, and whispering like he was telling a dirty secret he spilt a little of the beans he had. "Me? Oh no, i'm just here to settle an old score. However, I know what did." At this time, she could probably see that Z's canines were long, quite like a vampire. "If you get me out of here, i'll be more than happy to help. Though i cannot say much for the safety of those two." He motioned to the sherif and deputy. "I do promise not to hurt them too bad, and never to harm you. Yet, I do advise that you make your decision wisely. the deal you'll make, might just be with a devil." there was a teasing tone here, yet it reaked of the sour truth.

Mia's eyes widened a bit when she caught sight of his canine's, staring at him quietly. She bit her lower lip as she thought it over, curiosity filling her head. f she let him go, he could just kill her and run away, but he might also actually help her solve this case. She leaned back a bit, before looking at him, "Settling an old score...That wouldn't be with the very person causing this mess now, is it?" She asked curiously, arching an eyebrow. She smiled a bit, "I'll make that deal...Only if you promise to tell me everything to do with this case.." She paused for a moment, "There seems to be something pretty big behind all of this..."

"Settling an old score...That wouldn't be with the very person causing this mess now, is it?"
Z's eye's narrowed, they shone with a hint of amusement. "Well, if you don't catch on quick." The wry expression stayed as he looked over her shoulder to the others. "I want to be deputized, by the bureau. So that those two can't take me back once I've done what I'll do. That, and I'll feel much better if we were actual partners, and not just the help." He added that to the options, but even if he didn't get deputized, he wanted out of these chains. "Of course, the last one is optional." Looking back at her he softened his hard expression. "Now, please do get me out of these." He shook his bindings for emphasis on how badly he wanted to be free.
"I'll only bite i you want me too." This last statement held a different tone, was spoken low and was directed right at her. "I promise."

Amelia raised an eyebrow slightly, curious of what he'll do, "Don't hurt the sherif too bad..and not right now...Or we'll be in bigger trouble...Help me out. here alright?.". She stood up, blushing a bit at the last comment he gave her, lightly scratching her cheek, "I'll be back in a minute..." And with that, she headed back to the sheriff. After a long discussion, a few calls, and negotiating, Mia finally got her way and got Z deputized as was requested. The sherif wasn't happy with this arrangement, but played along. She was with the sherif and the deputy as they carefully unchained Z, glancing at her new partner with a small smile, "I stuck to my end of the deal...I expect you to honor yours.."

Before she left his proximity he replied to her warning. "Understood." He eyed her the entire way, rather enjoying the view.

He was quite pleased as he watched everything be done. It had even gone faster than expected. As they undid his chains she told him that she expected him to stick to his end of the deal as she did hers. "Can I still be scary? No matter, you've already got my word and proven your own. as far as I'm concerned I'm as harmless as a declawed cat." As more and more binds were losed, he stretched, loud pops could be heard from his stiff joints and happy groans followed. As the last shackle came off he gave a last reach up and stood on his toes. "My belongings if you may?" He questioned the nervous Gomer who ran quickly to gather the four items from a draw.
the moment he had them, he was back all held at arms length by the shaking man. "H-here."
"Thank you." He took each, the pen going in his shirt pocket, a book, worn and old he handed to Amelia. Head phones and an MP3 player were connected and went to their rightful spots. Headset on his neck while they were idle and the player into his front jeans pocket. "I shall follow you, we can talk in the automobile." He smoothed out a wrinkle in his duster. "They can stay here." His voice was uninterested when he spoke of Rodger and Gomer, but yet his actions were kind as he motioned for her to proceed ahead of him.

She sighed a bit, knowing that having him around was going to be a bit troublesome, and yet very, very helpful. She found it quite amusing how with each pop of his joints, Gomer and Sheriff would give a little jump, as if expecting him to suddenly stab them or something. She watched quietly as they handed him back his stuff, blinking in surprise as he gave her an old worn out book. She raised an eyebrow at him, but thought other than to open it in front of the sheriff. She thanked the sheriff quietly before heading out to her rented car outside the station, getting in to the driver's seat, waiting for him to get in with her

The predator stalked her with his eyes, staying close but notto where she'd worry. As she entered the car, he did so as well, buckling himself in the moment he occupied the seat. "What do you know about the occult? Demons, angels, magic and what not." He'd brough the topic up as if they were at a coffee shop and was obviously waiting for an answer. He occupied himself, in the short span of time, by turning on and tuning in the radio. soft and low chamber music soon filled the car and he leaned back into the seat.

She couldn't help but feel a bit uneasy around him, but acted as natural as she could around him. As soon as he spoke to her, she froze, slowly turning to look at him. She blinked a few times, a bit speechless at first before she quietly replied, the chamber music filling the car start to spook her out a bit, "I would have to say that...I don't really know that much about mythological creatures or magic..." She couldn't help but stare at him, wondering what he was getting, even regretting what she has done only a few moments ago of releasing this mad man and hiring him to help her..

Her reply made him give her a bit of an annoyed look, but he continued with his same clinical dangerous tone. "Than I shall fill you in." He pointed to the book. "Everything I've come across, everything I've seen. I've got many more, carried down through generations. But this..." He reached over and tapped the cover, not caring if the action made her uneasy or not. "It's the one we need. I suggest you start reading. First, we need rooms." He was careful to say rooms, he didn't need her thinking he was a letch or something.

She looked down at the book, flinching slightly as he tapped the cover. She shot him a doubtful look but played along nonetheless. "Right..." She replied simply, placing the book in her purse before she started the car, driving off to the town's only motel. Once there, she grabbed her purse and her bag from the car as she got out. She was silent throughout the whole car trip, thinking things over, trying to put two and two together, but still rather confused. She suddenly turned to look at Z as they reached the inn keeper's desk, sighing, "You don't mind if we share a room, do you? I'm sorry but...I can't say I trust you enough to let you have your own room. You can so easily escape, turn out to be the kidnapper, and I'll never hear the end of it from the bureau.." She turned to the inn keeper, paying him for the next few nights before taking a key for their room

He enjoyed the lack of conversation as they drove, the sounds of Mozart's Fantasy in D minor drifting from the speakers. He watched the scenery go by at least untill they stopped. The radio sopped with the car and he stepped out. He followed her through the doors, ignoring the accusing gaze he recieved. She said something about sharing a room, something he vaugly registered. "As a lazy tailor says, Suit yourself." He finnished staring down one of the guests and reminded the clerk. "Two beds." He hoped there was a room with two. It would keep her safe from him.

She couldn't help but smirk slightly at the tailer comment, but her smirk soon faltered as the clerk spoke up, "Sorry...All the two bed rooms are taken at the moment" "Oh...How come..?" She asked curiously, her lips curled to a frown. The sound of sharing a room, let alone a bed, made her uncomfortable. The elderly clerk shrugged his shoulders, avoiding looking at Z, keeping his eyes on Mia, "Well... People do enjoy fishing in the nearby lake.." She nodded gently, "Thanks anyway.." As she reached to grab the keys, the clerk gripped her hand, staring her right in the eye, "Careful with that one.." He mumbled softly, shooting a fearful glance to Z's direction. She stared right back at him, gripping the key as she slowly pulled her hand away, "Again, Thank you.." She mumbled politely, before turning around to head to their room, turning to look at Z, "Let's go.."

He grinned showing his fangs to the clerk, who paled, on their way out. He followed quietly, making himself busy with thoughts of what exactly they were going to face. He had a damn good idea of what they were, but if he'd said that exactly, earlier, they wouldn't be here now.

as they came into the room he layed out the few things he posessed on the dresser. "I'll be kind and take the floor... Partner." He rather enjoyed the term the more he thought of it. He took a pillow and dropped it next to the bed then looked at her. "I'm quite sorry for the... smell..." He wrinkled his nose as he sniffed his coat. "If you want, you can shower... I don't exactly know..." He actually seemed to be at a loss of words. "I'm not saying that you smell, I just didn't know if you'd like one or not. I thought I would offer you the option of going first. Just, your trip must have been long." The thought of her being nude just in another room caused him to ramble, yet he finally managed to stop and gather some composure.

She placed her bag on the bed, taking out some of her own clothes to hang in the dresser. She shrugged as he pointed out where he'd be sleeping, "If you want to, sure...Thanks.." She smiled slightly. She blinked as he started to ramble, turning to look at him with a slightly raised eyebrow. She never expected him to be the rambling type. "Uhh...Yeah....Actually, a shower sounds nice....You don't mind if i go first?" She asked curiously, as she let her hair down from its ponytail

"Not at all." His self assured demeanor returning. He looked around and noticed a computer in the corner. "I'll kill the time online." He pulled out the little chair and took up his MP3 player. "I've been wanting to update this anyway." He flashed a smile then took the spot in front of the machine as it started up. "Take your time, Amelia. Don't forget to enjoy yourself." His tone was teasing yet friendly.

She smirked slightly back at him as she got into the bathroom, closing the door behind her, stripping off her clothes, she placed them asie before stepping into the shower and turning it on. She let out a deep sigh as the hot water wash over her body, relaxing her muscles. She started to wash her hair as she thought over the day's events, wondering about what was within that book, and just what was Z up to, exactly..? She let out another sigh, closing her eyes as she rinsed the shampoo out of her hair

Z had managed to keep his attention on surfing through some music sites, that is, untill he heard the water running. Slowly his mind beganto wonder what was beyond those doors. He put a playlist together and turned the speakers on. Logging into a website he left a message for an old friend.

"Preacher. In a town called, Baptist Hill. I need you to send me some history on the place. I know about the witches, but I'm more interested in a massacre. Hurry, please. - Z"

He logged off and mulled over a few things, downloading the songs he enjoyed and passing over those he didn't. Soon it was once again quiet in the room. Headphones plugged in he relaxed patiently awaiting his turn.

Back
Top Bottom