Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Goldilocks And The Three 'Bears' - (Quix and Cyanide)

"Neither ha--" Goldie couldn't get the rest of her protest out before the boys were shooting back and forth. Had she realized they were competing for her attention, she would have blushed and giggled, but for the moment they were just squabbling brothers and so she looked between them with a small smile on her face.

She turned that smile right to Edmund once Papa gave his permission and flashed him a warm smile. Of course, she couldn't forget Walt, so she sent him a small smile too, saying: "There's lots of time as I don't plan on going back any time soon, so I'm sure we can swim together sometime." She eased off of her knees in the dirt and brushed her dress.

Walt's own protest was missed by Goldie, who only had a mind for cool water washing away the day's grime. Part of her felt as if she was washing away her Step-Father too, getting him off of her skin and out of her mind. With that thought she looked between the three Bears; Edmund had a grin from ear to ear, while Rupert was comforting Walt, whom just seemed to want to spend more time with his new house guest. It warmed her heart to see them so close and so happy, and she only hoped she wouldn't be a bother. At the mention of a bed her shoulders slouched and she smiled dreamily.

"I will, and again.. thank you so much. I truly mean it." She couldn't help but give Rupert one of her largest smiles, fingers clenched around each other over her chest.

"Bye Walt," she called after them, waving as they disappeared into the forest.

Although Edmund was all ready to bathe she was still staring after the other two, but when she finally did turn to speak with him she lost all her words. Now, Goldie had seen men in many states of undress before, she had worked on a farm after all. But Edmund wasn't just fit like the other farm hands, he was broad and muscled and his skin was kissed by the sun. Her pale eyes followed his vest as it fell, then they followed the trail of dark hair. Her cheeks were on fire as she looked at him, dazed by his masculine beauty. She wanted to tell him, but it felt as if her tongue had swelled in her mouth.

That fire on her cheeks travelled quickly south, until she felt an odd twisting in her belly. He was gentle, and sweet, and his whispered voice near her sent a torrent of butterflies in her belly. He lead her gently, her fingers caught in his, warm and strong and calloused from hard days working. Goldie stayed close, soaking his heat through her dress from their proximity.

When the water came into view she was stunned. It was beautiful, all shimmering and blue, the setting sun casting an orange glow across it's face. "Wow.." she breathed, before remembering their purpose.

"I.. uhm..' The blush came back in full force and she let go of his hand to spin. She gathered her mass of golden hair and exposed the ties of the corset on the back of her dress. "Could you.. uhm.. untie those for me, please?" she asked sweetly, thankful for the moment to gather herself.

When the ties come loose the whole back of her dress loosens, slipping off of her pale shoulders, exposing inches of ivory skin only marred with the occasional freckle. There was a small band wrapped around her chest though, covering her breasts. She wore lacy white panties that her step father had gotten her once, but she tried not to think of that as her dress pooled around her ankles.

Edmund was proud of his physique, and if he thought things couldn't get any better after Walt and Papa had left, he was wrong. He caught the expression that came on to Goldie's face at the sight of his bare torso, and the boy swelled with pride. As well as something else. He couldn't wait to get Goldie into the water, or on the grassy bank, or wherever else they may end up, now that they were alone. However, he'd remembered what he promised Papa, and told himself to not do anything rash. As pretty as Goldie was, she was also fun, and good company, and he liked her. That couldn't be said for the girl from Town he and Walt occasionally messed with from Town. Jacob Slint, and how he treated Goldie was also on the elder boys mind.

His jade-green orbs met her blue ones, and he nodded reassuringly. Her hand felt so soft and small and his, and she almost fragile next to his large frame, as he led her to the grassy bank by the water. "It's beautiful, isn't it?" Edmund followed Goldie's gaze, to the river, aglow with colour, then moved them back to the young woman who's hand he still held. His eyes widened, and his jaw dropped when he noticed how the settings sun's rays reflected of her glorious blond hair, and caused it to shine with even more brilliance. Edmund was tempted to add, 'and so are you', before he decided that might sound a little weird. Instead, he smiled his boyish smile, and was smart enough to keep his mouth shut when the blush came across her face, and she requested he help with her dress.

A jolt of electricity coursed through his entire body as she twirled in his arms, and gathered her hair in her hands. He took in the graceful curve of her neck, and his large but nimble fingers trembled just slightly as he reached for the ties. Edmund was silent, as he slowly pulled them loose, and allowed his gaze to drop so that he could savour each inch of ivory skin that was revealed as the dress slid down her body. Soon, it fell to her feet, and Edmund had to bite back a gasp as his eyes slid down to appreciate Goldie's butt, clad in nothing but lacy white panties.

Once the dress had pooled at her feet, Edmund moved closer, so that the coarse, fine hairs of his broad chest brushed against Goldie's back. He had no further excuse to touch Goldie, but touch he did. Not with any rashness of urgency, but in appreciation. Her body felt soft and warm under his palms, and his fingertips danced across her smooth skin as his hands made their ways slowly down her sides, starting from just under the swell of her breasts, and not stopping until they came to a rest on her hips. "I guess we should bathe". Edmund whispered against her ear as he tightened his grip, and turned Goldie around to face him.

His eyes held an expression of gentleness, but also more than a hint of desire, as he stared into Goldie's. He smiled, arched an eyebrow, then slowly lowered his head, and pressed his lips to hers. The kiss was soft, and only lasted a moment, before he pulled back with a grin. "I've been thinking about doing that all day." Then the boy lowered his hands to the back of her thighs, and, with his strength, easily lifted Goldie off the ground, into his arms, and stepped into the water, still in his breeches. What he didn't tell Goldie was that more than just a little kissing had been on his mind, and depending on her reaction to what he'd just done, he intended for it to happen. As gentle and caring as Edmund could be, he was still a man.

She let out a little sigh of relief as the dress came loose; it wasn't so skin-tight she couldn't breathe, but it was tight enough to be uncomfortable after a long day. Goldie took a moment to roll her pale shoulders once she was near nude, lips twisting into a warm little smile. The smile froze when she felt his heat come closer, nearly burning her back.

Breath caught in her throat when his rough hands touched her sides-- but there was no panic there. It wasn't the same touch as when Slint tried to touch. Edmund's hands on her sides made her stomach twist and her cheeks glow pink. The long few moments where he held her to his chest were glorious for Goldie, in it, she thought about her luck. who else could say they ran away from home, but met a family of warm, helpful strangers (who were all gorgeous, if she were honest with herself)?

I guess we should bathe came across her ear on a whisper and her fingers trembled around her mass of blonde curls. The trembling only got worse when he spun her, although she gave no fight. There was no fear in her eyes though, Edmund had been nothing but kind, slow, and gentle with her and she felt there was nothing to be afraid of.

Especially when he kissed her.

"Oh," she breathed, dazed still. But it lasted only a moment before she yelped and wrapped her arms tight around his neck. "Edmund!" she laughed, all awkwardness momentarily forgotten as she clung to him, gasping when the cool water touched her feet. "I can still walk, you know," She teased gently, pulling one arm away from around his neck.

Agile little digits wormed up and against his sides. "I'm not afraid to defend myself, sir," she continued, that teasing grin on her lips. She danced her fingers along his sides, tiny and delicate. Goldie lifted her pale eyes to his in mock defiance, thighs unconsciously tightening around his hips as she leaned away to tease him.

The water came up to Edmund's knees, but he didn't notice if it was cold or warm, as with his gaze locked on Goldie's face he held his breath and awaited her reaction to the kiss. As soon as he heard the 'oh' slip from her mouth, and felt her arms encircle his neck, the elder boy exhaled, and broke out into a wide grin. The water was just fine - though at that moment, with the young women who felt so good in his arms, he couldn't have cared if it was filled with Icebergs, and he waded deeper. The way Goldie's fingers danced up and down his sides caused everything to feel as fine as fine could be, and he bit his lip, emitted a sigh of contentment, then laughed aloud.

His eyes shone with mirth. "Oh, so you would prefer I let you go, is that what you're telling me, Ms Goldie?" Edmund shot her an evil grin as his rough calloused hands moved up her soft skin to the backs of her thighs. "Your wish is my command" An eyebrow raised, and his knees bent. Edmund lowered his body until his lower torso was submerged, then sprung up so that water splashed against both of them, and his grip loosened, as if he were about to let go of Goldie, and launch her in the air. The split second before his grip released completely, he tightened it again, pulled her back down, and took the opportunity to plant another kiss on her lips.

"Go ahead, and defend yourself then, Miss", he chuckled as she leaned back, and her thighs tightened around him. At the feel of her body under his fingertips, and their close proximity, that wasn't the only thing that was tightening. So were his breeches. Edmund took a further into the water, and and shook his head at the woman he held in his arms. 'You might be able better Walt". Any excuse to diss his brother. "But against me you have no chance, and Papa's not here to save you."

He hoped he wasn't frightening the young lass, after the troubles she'd had with Slint, and he winked to ensure she'd know he was jesting. One of his hands moved from Goldie's legs to the small of her back. "So, if I want to do this, I will." As he spoke his rough palm caressed her, and he leaned in to kiss the tip of her nose, then pretended he was about to bite it. The grin still on his face, with his mouth at her nose, and his head titled, he cocked an eyebrow. "Stop me if you can." He paused like that, with his eyes locked on hers, and his tone softened to a whisper "Or just tell me."

His gaze remained on her face for a few moments longer, then the hand under the water wrapped around Goldie's thigh, and pulled her leg more tightly around his back. Edmund bit back a groan as the movement cause her body to press against his burgeoning erection, and his head dipped so that he could kiss her throat. Almost without thinking, the hand which had rested on her back glided to her waist, then ran up her side, and Edmund had one of Goldie's breasts cupped in his palm, and was gently squeezing it as his lips moved over her neck.

b]"No no no no!"[/b] Goldilocks squealed, her arms only tightening while cold water splashed up on her bared skin. She was prepared to scold him when he stole a second kiss from her, leaving her breathless for another moment.

With a sudden grin she fanned herself softly, acting feint. "Against you? I'm surely lost." Her lip quirked as he moved them deeper, more of her bare skin submerging against his. Goldie shivered as the level brushed her navel, goose-prickles rising up her arms and back.

Soon the shivers weren't from the water. Edmund's roaming hands and proximity were shooting electricity from her toes, and stealing her train of thought. "Oh I will," she whispered back a short moment later, thin fingers begin to move along his skin, almost mimicking what he had done.

With locked eyes Goldie broke into a soft smile, that quickly dissolved into a small gasp. Her cheeks instantly began to burn has he held her there, and she had to bite her lip when his head descended. Another gasp and she was shaking against him, biting down again on her lip. The blush spreading from her cheeks and down her throat.

"Edmund.." she began softly, her hands moving to his shoulders. "Slow down, please." Goldie only pulled far enough away to see his face, opened her mouth to speak, but no words come out. She frowns for a moment, before leaning back in and kissing him, her hands still on his shoulder. She lets this kiss linger a little, before she pulls back again, "Just slow down for a minute. I just met you earlier in the day, maybe we should.. talk?"

Goldie cocked her head at him, nervously spinning a slightly damp lock in her finger. "Maybe between kissing?" She offered with a giggle, raising her own eyebrow.

"Yes, yes, yes". Edmund giggled, and laughed, feeling as happy as he could ever remember as he leaned in to steal another kiss from the beautiful young women in his arms. His eyebrow raised, and he pecked her lips again, then deepened the kiss a little.

The water was up his thighs, and he shivered at the touch of Goldie's finger. As he pulled his head back, the laugh became a full blown bellow, reminiscent of Papa Bear's, and he shook his head. "You are a cheeky little thing, Ms Goldie, aren't you? Edmund raised an eyebrow, then shivered in pleasure, as her little fingers made their way down his skin, mimicking his own touch.

He leaned in to pretend to bite her nose, but instead lowered his head further, and nipped and kissed her neck. His grip automatically tightened on her body to draw her closer, and his hand moved of it's own accord to Goldie's breast. Edmund's eyes closed, and he moaned softly at the sensation; her firm mound in his palm; the heat of her body against his, the smoothness of her skin as he kissed and nipped, and the water which lapped at his thighs. He was unable to see Goldie, with his head lowered, and had become lost in the moment.

"Edmund........Slow down, please."His head suddenly snapped up, his hand fell from her breast, and slapped the water with enough force to cause a splash which reached his chest, and an expression of fear crossed his features. "I - I - I', he stammered, glancing away when he noted the flush that had spread across her cheeks, worried that she might now hate him. That fear receded somewhat as Goldie leaned in for a kiss, however Edmund returned it only absently; too busy mentally scolding himself for having moved too fast, and scaring the young woman.

At least she wasn't that mad. Edmund's look was one of contrition as the kiss broke, and he repeated her words, "Um yeah, we should talk." However, the boy had no idea of what he should say. "Or just kiss?" His expression brightened momentarily - at least that meant he needn't speak - and the palm of his wandering hand slipped back to Goldie's waist under the water. He allowed the kiss to linger, keeping it soft and gentle as his lips rolled over hers, then began to pull back before he decided another peck was in order. Then another. And another. And a few more. The soft, teasing kisses finally stopped, and he dared meet Goldie's eyes with his.

"I'm sorry, about. You know" Edmund gaze automatically dropped to her breasts before his attention shot back up so rapidly that the boy almost gave himself whiplash, and he thought of a conversation starter. "So you've nev... Are you?.... You have'n" The boy quickly realised that he was digging an ever deeper hole for himself with each half-formed question, and could think of nothing else to do to save his skin but duck in for a further kiss.

When his lips left hers, Edmund had regained some composure. Or so he thought. "Do you believe in Ogres?" Oh shit, where had that come from! Right then and there, the elder boy wished for the earth to open up and swallow him whole. Why did Goldie have to be so damn adorable? If it was any other girl, he wouldn't have cared; she'd have been laid out, naked, on the river-bank by now. All he could do next was shoot her a shrug and a smile.

Goldie instantly felt guilty for the fear that spread across his face, lips already forming around tiny silent 'no's as she tried to reassure him, but his mind was visibly preoccupied. So when her kiss brought him back she shot him a little smile, grabbing hold of her bottom lip with her teeth, just as nervous for stopping their progress as he was.

Edmund wasted no time, and she shivered slightly when his hand dipped again, his mouth gentle against her own. Goldie didn't pull back, instead she leaned into his warmth and let her fingers drag along his naked skin, slick from the cooling water. The kiss broke only to be followed by another, and another, and Goldie could only giggle against him, thin legs tightening so not to lose her balance.

Her head tilted and her mass of half damp golden curls followed. "Don't be sorry," she said honestly, unable to keep the smile off her face. She had to cover her mouth when his head snapped up, panic in his eyes, so he wouldn't think she was laughing at him.

The laugh was inturrupted by yet another kiss. Soon her hands were on his shoulders and she was honestly sad when he pulled back. He tasted like berries and pine and bonfire, she realized when she licked her lips afterward.

The awe lasted a moment before her own head shot up, brow raising in questioning. ".. Ogre's?" She repeated, lips unable to stop the twitch into a smile. She burst into uncontrolled laughter when he shrugged and grinned. It took a few moments, but when she had herself back together she nodded her head feircely. "Oh yes. And I believe in giants, and fairies." She didn't mean to tease him, but his panic was adorable.

"I love fairy tales, especially the ones with dragons and danger," she admitted a moment later with an honest smile and shrug. "Slaying a dragon would be magnificent, no?" Goldie tilted her head up to him, all wide blue eyes filled with wonder.

The young man's face flushed even further as he heard the giggles which his question brought forth from Goldie. Usually so confident, and sure of himself, what he felt now wasn't something he'd previously experienced. His eyes darkened and narrowed, and the fingers which held onto the young woman tightened their grip. Then he looked up, and saw the expression on her face, and her laughter rang in his ears. His gaze locked on hers, his face broke out into a broad grin, and fingers playfully poked her ribs. "Are you mocking me, Ms Goldilocks?"

His eyebrow raised, Edmund leaned in for another kiss. Any excuse. His soft lips pressed against hers, and one rested on her waist, as his other palm pressed to the small of her back. With her fingers teasing his sides, her small, firm body almost his, and her gorgeous blue eyes; one's he become lost in if he stared too long; meeting his, he pulled back, and shook his head. "Don't make me kiss you again."

He shot her a wink, and did it anyway. This time, his lips pecked the tip of her cute nose. "Yes, Ogres. You know my Grandpapa, once rescued a princess from a tower, guarded by an ogre? He slew the beast, then returned the girl to her rightful place, as the next to be Queen in a far-far away land." Edmund's voice rose in pride and awe, and his eyes gleamed with excitement. The thoughts of bedding Goldie hadn't disappeared, but had been pushed a little to the back of his mind. He hadn't spoken of this to anyone before.

"He was a hero. But a dragon? Even Grand Pater never bested one of those." The young man nodded at her, and the words slipped from his mouth at an ever increasing pace. "Papa says they don't even exist any more, but I'm certain they do. Maybe one day we can adventure, and find ourselves a dragon. Me, Papa, Walt and you." His face lit up, then his hands dropped from her body. How would that be?"

In an instant, he'd bent at the knees, wrapped his arms around Goldie's legs, and lifted her high in the air. Drops of water sprayed from his matted hair onto the young woman as, instead of threatening to throw her as he had minutes before, his strong grip pulled her legs around his waist, one hand dropped to the small of her back, and the other tangled in the hair at the nape of her neck. "Do I possess the strength to slay a dragon?" Edmund grinned as he leaned in and, this time, kissed her a little more deeply. The tip of his pink tongue slipped out as he took her lower lip into his mouth, and gently probed, almost, but not quite, urging her teeth to part for it. Then he pulled back, and administered a friendly swat to her butt. "Or would I need a brave woman to protect me?"

There was a teasing to his tone, but also a sincerity. Edmund had an appreciation for the capabilities of the young woman, and felt as he could just stay there, thigh deep in the water, with Goldie in his arms, kissing and talking, until the sun rose in the morning sky. However, kissing did also have a habit of leading to other things; and Edmund wouldn't rule out that possibility either. "Do you know of any?"

If Goldie smiled any harder she felt her face would break in half, she giggled warmly and tried to wriggle away from his hands. "Never," she said with another giggle, before being silenced with his kiss. "I've never made you do anything," she teased, scrunching her nose at the following one.

When Edmund began to speak she relaxed in his arms, her legs kicking in the water around him, ankles brushing along his calves occasionally. She nods with his story, just as certain that they exist and just as certain that she would join him in the hunt for one. "Sounds like a dream," she admits to him softly, shooting a shy smile his way.

The shyness was gone the moment he lifted her-- she squealed in delight and gripped his shoulders to steady herself. instinctively wrapping her legs around his waist when he brought her back down, her damp breasts pressing against the solid planes of his chest. Goosebumps rising on her skin when his fingers danced along her neck, blue eyes going wide as she watched his face. Numbly, she nodded, eyes drawn to his lips before they connected again.

This kiss was unlike any she'd had before. It was anything but chaste, and she gasped when she felt his tongue along her lip, giving him the access he seemed to want. She returned the actions, more tentatively, but she tried, her face going hot and red next to his.

Yelping, Goldie's hips rolled against his after the swat, as if trying to escape it. She didn't pull back any afterwards, letting them stay nice and close, "I know one, but I've heard she's not very strong."

Goldie straightened in his arm, this time taking charge to kiss him, mimicking his movements from early and letting her tongue prod at his lower lip. She let the kiss linger until she needed to breathe. Her eyes sought his quickly, "I can be brave, if you can be strong."

To Edmund, the beaming smile on Goldie's face lit up the night sky even brighter than the moon, and he couldn't believe that what had at first appeared to be a day of misfortune when they'd discovered the open door of the cottage had turned out so well. "Well, I guess I kind of did it by myself, because you're nice to kiss." Edmund admitted with a grin.

The young woman in his arms, who appeared to appreciate his company and conversation as well as the kisses, was unlike any he'd ever encountered. She was fun to be with, and he enjoyed being alone with her, just talking. However, instinctively, the older Bear boy was aware, from the looks he'd seen from his sibling, and even the odd glance from his Papa, that once they returned to his home, things would be different.

They were both as keen on Goldie as he, though the Patriarch might not admit it, even to himself, and as much as he may desire to, once they returned to the Cottage, Edmund wouldn't be able to monopolise her. He'd need to make the most of this rare opportunity, and get to know Golide without interruption, and the immature annoyances of his brother.

The kiss she'd returned to him of her own volition, and the slight parting of his lips at the urging of his tongue, not to mention the feel of her breasts pressed against his solid chest, and the curve of the buttock he now held in one hand, had once again set his mind racing. His fingers played with damp hair, lifting it and running it between them, before letting it fall back down. Edmund was entranced by the sight, and could do nothing but nod as she spoke.

"I love your hair." The words were spoken in wonder when he finally realised she had gone silent, and the palm which cupped the nape of her neck drew her in for a further kiss. "I already know you're brave" Edmund whispered against her lips. "And I think you're strong, more than you realise. Papa says it's strength of mind that counts, not how many muscles you have." He recalled her words to Slint, and how difficult things must have been with her Step Father, but though curious, he didn't press matters. Instead he pulled back and threw her a wink. "I'm lucky I have both."

The next time his mouth found hers, Edmund probed with more insistence, pushing his tongue gently between her lips, and pressing it against her teeth. His lower lip captured hers, and when he reluctantly drew back to take breath, a sigh of contentment slipped from his mouth. Prolonging it as long he could, he captured her lower lip between his teeth and tugged, before it finally dropped free of its own accord.

"A dragon, and an Ogre, and we could save another Princess. However, I'm sure even she wouldn't be as beautiful as you." The words were not intended to flatter or issued with any ulterior motive, but truly meant, and as they were spoken, Edmund's touch left her hair, and his rough, calloused palm ran down her side. This time, not daring to touch her breast, but coming to rest close enough so that she'd feel its proximity. With her legs wrapped around his thighs, the deepening kisses, and the sight of her water dripping off her skin, gorgeous blue eyes and blonde hair, and lingering sensation of the roll of her hips against his, Edmund had begun to lose focus.

Still, he didn't want to frighten her as before, and the hand on her ass only subtly increased its pressure to give her cheek a slight squeeze when he pulled Goldie even closer, and lightly pressed himself against her. "If you want to demonstrate your bravery, Ms Goldie, I dare you to ask Papa about allowing us to adventure. He's tired of Walt and I asking."

"My hair?" She began before he captured another kiss, and she gave no resistance. Only a few moments later, she was laughing in his arms. "Oh do you?" She taunted him, a playful grin on her lips. "Lucky man," she added with a giggle and a wink of her own.

Edmund almost felt like a mirage to her-- how could she, after everything she dealt with with Slint, be so lucky to find such a gentle boy? One so eager to steal her away from any sort of bad or pain. It made her heart squeeze in a sort of joy she thought was fictional, and the realization made heat flush her cheeks. Only doubling when his kiss became insistent. But Goldie found she liked it. Liked it a lot. The way he tasted, the way his hands felt on her skin, the way he breathed so close to her face. When they finally untangled themselves Goldie's face was pulled in a warm smile while her bright eyes roved his face.

The blush came back in force when he spoke again. Her hands moved from his shoulders to wrap around his back, crushing her nearly naked body against his, laughing softly. "No? But she would be a princess. And I'm just a farm-girl.Are you not interested in her gold, lands, or even kingdom?" She teased, before bursting into giggles. "I'll take that dare." She leaned back only a little to offer him her hand to shake, a glint in her eye.

"Maybe I'll just.." she began before she slipped off of Edmund, the water coming up to her waist now. She didn't let him lose his hold on her, but once she was standing she craned her head back to regard him, put on her best puppy eyes and slipped her bottom lip between her teeth. She gave him a couple sweet blinks before asking: "Do you think this'll work on him?" her tone just as pouty as the rest of her face.

"I can't adventure alone," she continued, giving him a look through her eye lashes. "Are you sure you wouldn't rather your boys there to protect me?"

The façade shattered when she couldn't hold her giggles in.

"Yes, your hair, I've never seen anything quite like it." Edmund allowed the blonde strands to run through his fingers like silk, then focused his attention back on Goldie. The boy was smitten, no doubt, only exacerbated by the girl's cheekiness. So different from the frightened young woman they'd come across in their cottage, what now seemed weeks ago, but was in reality only a matter of hours. "That I do, Goldie, and I'll show what you want can be done with them, if you continue on with that attitude."

The tone mock-serious, his eyes twinkled with glee, then he sighed into the kiss as his fingers left her hair, and his touch roamed soft warm skin of her back, and sides. The next kiss was deeper, and Edmunds's tongue slipped momentarily into her mouth. She didn't appear to mind, but he forced himself to stop before his actions became too insistent; the sweetness of her lips lingering like the taste of honey on his as he pulled back.

For the young man, it was a new experience. He found kissing, conversation, and just holding a girl in his arms with her body pressed to his, was almost; only almost, mind you; as enjoyable as having his way with her. He was certain, however, that very much depended on the woman, and the one in front of him was quite unique in that regard.

The feel of her breasts pushing into his chest was momentarily forgotten as he pondered her questions, and Edmund's demeanour took on a seriousness. Fingers tapped her waist, and water dripped between them as his eyes locked on hers. "No. I love my Papa, and Walter -, though he can be a huge pain, so don't dare tell him I said that -, and the cottage, goats and cows. Papa always said the most valuable treasures in the world are the simple things in life, and freedom to do as you wish. It's all we need."

Edmund smiled, then leaned in to playfully bump his head against hers, and peck her lips. "A farm girl can still be a Princess." He was about to continue, but then she moved back and proffered her hand. He took it, and laughed. "Deal, though you haven't seen Papa mad."

The laugh became a full-on bellow at her next words, and the oh-so-adorable pout. Edmund's chest heaved, and his entire body shook with mirth. Chocolate brown eyes lit up, and he almost dropped Goldie. The boy had to pull his gaze away, in attempt to stop himself, however each time he thought he was done, his gaze would flick back to Goldie, and the laughing fit would commence all over again. Oh my! You're....you're. " That was all he was capable of expressing as giggles and chuckles escaped his lips between each panted word.

Eventually, he recovered his composure, lifted a hand to wipe the tears from his cheeks, and shook his head in admiration."Papa has no idea what he's in for. I'm not sure if it will work, but I can't wait to see you try. At least it'll keep Walt and I out of trouble for a while." The boy teased before he pulled back, and allowed his gaze to drift over her shoulder to focus on the moon high above them. It was getting late.

"So, Goldie?" Edmund's eyes returned to her after a few seconds, and his voice was somehow different. Unsure "Should we return home?" A pause as he scanned her face."Or shall we stay here and kiss?" The young man's brow raised, and he swallowed the lump down in his throat; the next words barely above a whisper. "Possibly more"

Her laugh was light and teasing, but her smirk was anything but innocent. Nor were the ways her tongue was moving in their kisses, or the way her hands greedily dragged along his spine and skin. Goldie had never simply been.. held before. It was sweet and warm and oh-so delightful, especially compared to the affection she was used to with Slint-- peering eyes when she bathed, sneaking fingers under the dinner table. Even the boys they employed had caused trouble trying to gain Goldie's 'favour' before. It was inexplicably nice to be felt up by someone she genuinely enjoyed.

The tease on her lips died as she watched Edmund's face go serious, she didn't want to interrupt and tell him that his thinking face was adorable, either. So she listened patiently, her fingers still tracing his sides, head tilted far up to regard him. She giggled in the right spots and in the end was smiling as brightly as him.

"So you're.. happy where you are? I thought all men lusted for power and princesses and..." she waved her hand, "those sorts of things." Instead he gave her a small head-butt and she burst into laughter again. "If she marries a Prince," she points out with a smirk. "Are you telling me you're secretly a prince?" She waggled her eyebrows at him.

A moment later, still in his arms, she laughed a little shakily. "I'll be honest, Edmund, I'd rather not see your Papa mad, he could flip the forest by the looks of it." She showed what she meant by actioning out the idea of someone flipping things by splashing through the water, grinning like a fool. "I doubt that very much, you two are beacons for trouble, yes?"

In the moment he pulled back Goldie sprung from the circle of his arms and dipped back into the water, she allowed herself to get submerged before she surfaced again moments later, breathless but staring up at the moon-lit sky between the canopy of trees. His question got her to cock her head in his direction, big blue eyes zeroing in on him quickly. She floated closer to him, curious as to the strange tone in his voice, before she stood right before him again, skin only an inch away.

Instantly, her face began to burn bright pink as she stared up at him. She stammered before getting control of herself, her blushing only growing worse. "More? Like..." her voice faded as she let out a small, uncomfortable chuckle. "Well, Edmund I uhm..." Her tongue felt like it was swelling from the embarrassment. "I've never... done anything.. ahem, more. Slint had... tried, with alcohol and coercion but I never did.. ahem, more." She looked up at him slowly, hoping he wouldn't be disappointed as she continued. "I'm scared, you know?" She said quietly, drawing her fingers down his forearms to play at his wrists. Why was it so damn hard to say it?

"I'll never say no to kissing you, if that helps any." She tried to lighten up the mood, offering him another smile.

"Papa, I think they must have gotten lost."

"I'm sure they aren't lost, son. Edmund knows the forest like the back of his hand." Rupert placed the cured slab of meat on the bench, next to the vegetables fresh from their garden that he'd already chopped in preparation for dinner, and turned to his youngest boy, who stood at the front entrance.

"They've been gone for hours, it's almost morning." More than a slight exaggeration. "What if they need help?" The boy jumped from foot to foot, and his next words were spoken with downcast eyes, and in a whisper." It doesn't take that long to bathe."

Ah, there it was the real reason. Jealousy.

"Edmund is capable of looking out for himself, Son."

One of Walt's legs slipped out the door.

"Slint could have snuck up and hit him over the head. I'm going to see if they're okay."

Walt's second leg was now out the door.

"No. Stay here"

"Sorry Papa."

"WALTERRRRRRRRR"

Rupert dropped the knife in his hand as he watched his youngest boy slam the front door behind him. For a moment, the Patriarch remained motionless, then shook his head and chuckled. He hoped Walt wouldn't interrupt anything that could scar him for life.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"I'm happy, and you don't need to live in a Palace to be a Princess, or have power to be strong. It's usually the weak who need to try and prove their strength. All I lust for is adventure and a good life." Edmund answered her question seriously, then his demeanour become one of amusement as, with his hands moving up and down the young woman's side, he playfully poked her in the ribs, and pressed his lips to hers. "Possibly I'm a frog who'll turn into a Prince, with a kiss."

"Nope, didn't work.". He grinned as he broke the kiss to peck the tip of her nose, and his fingers roamed her body. "Papa doesn't get mad often, not really, it's just pretend angry, and Walt causes all the trouble, not I." The elder boy shot her a wink, then pulled back and hesitantly asked the question.

Edmund Bear had never felt so content, yet unsure, in his life as he scanned Goldie's features for her reaction. It was an unfamiliar, and strange, sensation. The gorgeous young woman in his arms was a delight to kiss and hold, ever so easy on the eyes, and her voice so sweet. He wanted more, and usually would have pressed the matter to achieve his desired end.

However, on this occasion, all he could do was to lightly caress her skin, and look at Goldie with his eyes wide open, and a hopeful expression on his face. One which soon changed to disappointment at her response. "It's okay." Edmund muttered softly, and stared down at the water between them. He remained like that for a moment or two, then he gathered himself, and lifted his head.

This wasn't just another town girl; this was Goldie. He could wait, though he was aware that once they returned to the Cottage, he'd need to share her affections with Father and Sibling. His countenance brightened, and his tone was gentle as turned his arms so that both of his hands could take hers and hold them. "I'd never harm you, Goldie. Neither would Papa or Walt, but I understand. When you're ready." Edmund nodded in reassurance and comfort to ease the young woman's obvious embarrassment, and smiled. "Until then, kissing sounds good."

It was when his head tilted, his mouth founds hers, and tongue began to part her lips, that a rustle in the brushes was heard, accompanied by an angry, and recognisable, voice that pierced the still night silence. "Papa wants you home." Walt's pupils narrowed at his sibling as he approached the river bank and stared.

Edmund, startled by the intrusion, jumped up to look around, and locked eyes on his brother in a matching glare that lasted a few seconds. "Though, I may do him harm," he finally whispered under his breath, then turned back to Goldie, and squeezed her hands. "I guess we should go."

"NOW," screamed Walt; the stubborn posture of his arms folded across his chest as he waded ankle-deep into the water an indication that he didn't intend leaving until followed.

"I don't know, you look like a Prince to me."

The teasing slowed when he questioned her, and she knew her words were going to hurt him, but the disappointment on his face nearly broke her. Her eyes fell and her lips parted as she tried to think of ways to apologize, or maybe even cave in? But she didn't want to betray herself like that, so instead she stayed like that, looking sadly down at their waists until he took her hands. Then, she looked up at him, a hopeful light in her bright blue eyes.

His words made the smile return to her face and she eagerly kissed him back. "Thank you," she murmured within the kiss, taking a moment to gather breath before his tongue tried to pass her lips. She giggled against him, arms winding around his waist so her hands rested on his back. She could feel the strength there, even when he wasn't moving. The muscles were hard but his skin was soft.

A voice snapped through their bubble and Goldie gasped, arms winding around herself to cover her breasts. Instinctively she dropped into the water, eyes wide with horror as she looked for the voice. Edmund didn't seem nearly as surprised as her, standing in the water defiantly with water still dripping down his chest. She peeked around him eventually to see who it was, and sighed into the water. She stayed behind Edmund though, using his wider chest to block the intruders view of her own pale skin. She blinked at Walt, confused at the glare he was sending his brother.

Edmund broke the tension and she smiled softly up toward him, before she swatted his arm. "You'll do no such thing." She took a moment to look up and finally noticed how long they had been there. The sun was long gone and the stars were gleaming above them. Their skin was cool to the touch now, and she was surprised their lips hadn't begun to turn blue. "We should, we have been out here for a while. I'll apologize to your Papa when we get back, it's my fault we were out here so long." Goldie returned the squeeze of Edmund's hand with a smile.

Goldie jumped when Walt yelled, her eyes going wide as she stared at him. With a reassuring smile at Edmund, she started out of the water. She hoped Walt wasn't going to be too mad at her for making Papa worry. So she hurried to her skirts, still in the mess she left them in next to Edmund's clothes. With haste, she began to slip back into her skirts, only hesitating once she was in them, but the back of her dress required a second set of hands.

"I don't mean to delay us any more, Walt, but.. could you maybe do me up?" She asked softly, turning back back and raising her damp golden locks to expose the ties of her dress. "Please?"

Edmund's eyes lit up further with her compliment, "A prince needs his princess, will you be mine?", and pecked her lips lightly again and again. The thought of coercing or manipulating her into agreeing to bed him quickly slipped to the back of his mind as he noted her head fall down, and eyes lock on the water. The young woman's day had been burdensome enough, and the elder Bear boy felt a sensation of guilt. It wasn't fair that he in any way add to her worries, and his demeanour swiftly brightened. Just spending time in her company was enough. For now.

"That's okay, you're unlike any girl I've met before." He maintained eye contact, and nodded to affirm the truth of his words as her slim arms moved back around him, and his larger, more muscular ones, embraced her. The soft swell of her breasts pressed against his barrel-chest, and he pressed a light kiss to the top of her head when another voice cut through the night air. A voice he heard every day of his life, and that he'd recognised anywhere. He didn't have to turn to see who it was before he issued his threat about harming him.

"Just wait until you get to know him; you'll want to hurt him too." Edmund hissed under his breath as Walt barked out his order, and began to enter the water. The elder boy glanced at Goldie and rolled his eyes; not caring that it was dark, or late until it struck him that her lips had turned blue, and if they remained longer, she could well catch a chill, and for that, she could blame him. He squeezed her hand in return, "Don't concern yourself with Papa. I'll wager my life, this has nought to do with him," then shot her the best smile he could muster, and swivelled to face his sibling.

The curve of Walt's lips turned from a scowl to a smirk when her hand left Edmund's and the young woman approached him. The elder Bear muttered a curse under his breath that may have shocked Goldie if she'd heard it, and restrained himself from calling his brother an interfering fool. That'd only encourage the idiot. Instead, he watched in silence, with stomach twisted in a jealous, irritated knot, as his sibling enjoyed the sight of a dripping wet Goldie reaching for her clothes, and the younger boy flicked her a grin. "You're not in trouble or anything. Papa just wants us all home for dinner, and to work out sleeping arrangements for tonight."

Edmund exited the river as Walt reassured Goldie, and watched his sibling's nimble, and slightly trembling, fingers touch the ties of Goldie's dress, and bit his lip at the way his hands deliberately brushed her skin when he completed the knot. Then Walter placed his fingers on her elbow, "Do you recall the way, or shall I guide you?." and began to lead her subtly, but firmly, away. He shot a satisfied smirk over one shoulder to Edmund, who stood with hands clenched into fists by his side.

Walt knew full well that his brother wouldn't dare threaten physical violence, or reveal the full extent of his jealousy in front of Goldie, so that had given him renewed boldness. "Why don't you gather the remainder of Goldie's things, and we'll see you back at the Cottage, Ed." The youngest used the shortened version of the name he knew his brother despised, then leaned in to whisper in Goldie's ear, his lips close enough to brush her blonde hair.

"Maybe you and I can bathe together next time?"

"Bye Goldie." Edmund's voice was hoarse, and the anger barely restrained, as he slipped his shirt on over his head, and tried to bore a hole straight through his sibling with the heat of his gaze.

Walt ignored his brother, and arched a brow at Goldie as they reached the edge of the forest, and spoke loud enough to ensure Edmund could hear. "I'm much more fun. Sometimes I think poor Ed was born without a sense of humour. Are you hungry?"

Goldie laughed warmly at Edmund, no malice in her tone, shaking her head. "Of course I concern myself with your Papa! I can only imagine what he thinks I must've done to you to keep you out here so late, and after being so kind as to offering me a place to live." She took his smile and flashed one of her own, patting his hand comfortingly before pulling away to fetch her clothing.

It was a bit awkward trying to slip the dress back on with her skin so wet, and as soon as it was on fully, she began to soak through the under-most layer. But she kept a sweet smile on her face and ignored how the breeze made goosebumps rise across her skin. She would be happy to get to her new home, enjoy the warmth of the hearth and the taste of a hearty meal. She lost herself in her day dreams for a few moments, "Oh." She seemed alarmed as Walt's words brought her back from her own mind. "Oh, oh, I see." Goldie bobbed her head, acknowledging his words. "I'll apologize still. I did say I would help him make dinner!"

Walt made quick work of the ties on her dress, while Goldie tried to ignore how cold water was dripping down her legs still. Her skin was a little cool, so his hand at her elbow was hot in comparison. She chuckled a little after his question, a bit sheepishly as she admitted she did not remember the way clearly. However when Walt stopped to ask Edmund to grab her things, she gasped and flushed. "Oh no, I can't have that. It's okay, I can carry my own things. It's not a problem!" She protested, a moment before he dipped his head in to whisper in her ear.

It broke her panic and she laughed warmly. "I don't see why not, though we may have to do so during the day- the water is just so cold once the sun goes down."

Goldie kept trying to stop and wait for Edmund, but Walt was insistent at her side. So when she heard Edmund's barely audible voice she finally managed to stop the younger brother. "Let's wait for Edmund, it's getting dark; wouldn't it be best if we traveled together?" She smiled warmly up at Walt, patting his arm reassuringly. So she spun to face Edmund, still smiling, cocking her head to the side as she waited for him.

"You and your brother are so funny," she laughed warmly at him, not truly understanding his barbs towards his brother. They were clearly flying over her head, but as she stood beside him she did lean against him, more subconsciously than anything.

"Hungry? Oh yes. I'm starved! I didn't eat anything before I fled this morning." Goldie chuckled at her self, shaking her head. "I am looking forward to a meal with you all, you've all been so kind."

As soon as Edmund had caught up, she smiled brightly at the two of them. "Onward?"

Edmund went to respond to Goldie, but by the time his mouth opened, she'd already exited the water, and his white hot gaze was upon his brother. He'd noted the manner in which his sibling's fingers deliberately brushed Goldie's skin as she slipped back into the dress, and decided it best not to speak. Edmund wasn't certain he'd be able to control his anger and annoyance if he did. That damn Walt, always interfering.

The elder boy's mood wasn't assisted by the smirk Walt threw in his direction as he grasped the young woman's elbow; the woman Edmund himself had just recently been holding and kissing; as if to lay claim to her, or the mocking tone of his voice as he instructed his brother to collect Goldie's belongings. As he stared, and curled his hands into fists under the water, the elder Bear thought that his face must be brighter than the scorching, blood-red sun of earlier that day, and his words, when he finally mustered the composure to speak, were uttered through clenched teeth. "Goodbye Goldie."

Meanwhile, Walt's face had been lit up by the most boyish, charming and beaming smile imaginable. "Possibly, tomorrow, you can help me with my chores, and after, we can bathe in the stream. I know of one that lies under a waterfall." And which afforded even more privacy than the river they were now at, but Walt decided there was no need to mention that. If she agreed, he'd still have to try and attempt to sneak her past Papa and Edmund, who he was certain would have their own plans for the new house-guest. The offer seemed to provide a distraction to her protestations about Edmund collecting her things, which was a part of its purpose, however, he hadn't noticed that her words had caused his elder sibling's countenance to calm for the first time since he'd interrupted.

At least she hasn't forgotten me completely. That was Edmund's relieved thought, and his anger dissipated altogether when she suddenly looked towards him, with that gorgeous smile painted on her features, and demanded Walt wait. His gaze caught his brothers, and he briefly poked his tongue out as he exited the river; shirtless, and with gleaming droplets of water dripping down his broad chest, and the muscles of his torso rippling with each movement.

Beside the young woman, a few steps into the forest, Walt stiffened, and his mouth fell open at his brother's obvious display as he collected Goldie's possessions, then caught up with them. "Yep, my brother is a comedian." Edmund grinned as he extended a hand to apply a good-natured smack upside his sibling's head. Or one, which to an outsider would appear good-natured, but from extended practice, contained much greater force than could be expected."

"Ouch." The younger boy rubbed the top of his scalp, and scowled at his brother, but any pain or anger was soon forgotten by the sensation of Goldie's body resting against his. The wetness of her dress was cool against his breeches, and contrasted with the warmth of her skin when he threw an arm over her shoulder, and smiled. "And my brother's a real charmer," he replied as he nodded in acquiescence to her question, and once more began to lead her away. "I wager he attempted to sweet-talk you, didn't he?" The younger Bear ignored the warning cough, which came from slightly behind him. "He does that with all the girls. There's this one from town, her name's..."

Walt couldn't ignore the foot that hooked around his ankle a split second later, and caused him to stumble, or the whispered threat from his brother to shut up, and issued in a tone of voice that the last time he'd heard had resulted in him being consigned to sleep with the goats for the night, and told him he'd best stop whilst ahead. Unfortunately the trip caused him to release Goldie from his grip, and by the time he'd recovered Edmund had taken her hand, and kept hold of it for the remainder of their journey. "Papa's a great cook. He learnt from our Mama." The elder boy engaged her in conversation as the younger sulked beside them in silence.

The smell of cured ham being heated in a skillet wafted from the open front door of the cottage, and as they entered, Papa stepped into view. He first appraised Goldie, then his gaze moved from son to son, before it came back to rest on the young woman. "I hope my boys were gentlemen?" His brow arched, "You already know the layout of the cottage, from your earlier adventures, so why don't you come assist me with the meal and tell me about your night, whilst my boys take your belongings upstairs and ready your room."

There was a smile on the Patriarch's face he then turned his back to re-enter the kitchen, whilst Edmund stared at Walt, wide-eyed with curiosity and confusion. The younger had neglected to mention Papa had earlier declared that, from this night on, the siblings were to bunk together whilst Goldie was to have a room of her own. Whose, was yet to be decided.

Now Goldie embodied as much innocence as the next girl, but watching Edmund flaunt himself as he came out of the water was just something she couldn't take her eyes off of. The way his muscles rippled and flexed as he picked up her things brought unbidden images to her mind. Things that made her feel the urge to giggle, and blush and pull her skirt up to cover her blushing face-- however she fought those urges and instead just oggled him. Blinking it away before he got too close.

As she watched them interact she laughed, happy to see such familial bond. Though as Walt led her away her brows slowly began to crawl up her forehead in surprise. "..with all the girls..?" she asked very softly and cautiously, but didn't get an answer before Walt was gone. Goldie tried to give them privacy, as it was obvious a sore spot had been hidden, so she took a few more steps ahead, linking her fingers behind her back.

Goldie nearly jumped out of her skin as Ed returned to take her hand. During the moment away her mind had wandered somewhere else entirely, and she had to blink up at him a few times before realizing he had already swept her along the path back to their home. "I have no doubt of that. How else could he have raised such healthy, fine young men?" She asked warmly, even shooting a grin back at Walt.

The moment she smelled the ham her stomach gurgled loudly and another blush spread across her pale cheeks, and she smiled sheepishly. The cabin was warm and inviting as she stepped in, completely different from the silent, cold house she had invaded before.

"Of course!" Goldie replied to Papa, smiling warmly as she swept inside. She nodded along and smoothly moved around to meet him in the kitchen. She took a few moments to familiarize herself with the layout, and scrub her hands clean. She shot the confused boys a grin before jumping into the cooking fray with Papa.

"So! What are we making and what do we need?"

Turned out, Goldie was a master in the kitchen. She wielded a knife like she was born holding it, and glided around the kitchen as if she were dancing. She got so into their cooking she would hum songs, stopping only to ask a quick question or compliment the way Papa did something. When her hands weren't busy she would knit them behind her back and stand to his side on her toes to watch his hands and what he was doing. If he explained anything, she was attentive to a fault. Not realizing her water had boiled over for the potatoes until it had already made a mess.

Laughing, the girl readily got her to knees to clean it up. "So, Mister Bear, do you mind me asking how long you have been around these parts?"

Of course, Walt had nothing to be ashamed of in the physique department either, it was just that, unlike his sibling, he had no excuse to rip his shirt off and flex his glistening and water-coated, bronzed muscles in front of the young woman beside them. The younger Bear muttered insults under his breath, but at the same time was totally aware that if he'd been in the same position, he'd have done the same as Edmund. Why did the elder boy always have to get in first? After the smack on the head, he remained contemplative for the remainder of the journey, but his mood slowly improved.

How it could it not, hearing the laughter and sweet sound of the voice of Goldie, even if it wasn't his arm around her shoulder, however, he could have done without his older sibling's cheery conversation, and teasing. He consoled himself with the fact that he thought he'd caught a reaction from Goldie at his mention of all the other girls, which had caused a brief scowl to flit across Edmund's face. "One fine, strapping young man, and well, I don't know what Walt is, possibly a man one day." The scowl had swiftly formed into a grin and that was the last word the brothers spoke to each other for the remainder of the journey.

When they entered the Cottage, the smell of food caused any remaining remnants of Walt's sourness to disappear. At least he'd known about the surprise Papa had in store, and he grinned mischievously at Edmund before the two scampered up the stairs, and left their new guest alone with Papa. "I've already decided she can have my room." Walter ensured that he spoke loudly enough for Goldie to hear, so that there'd be no doubt about whose generosity had been granted.

Papa shook his head with a smile, flipped the meat over in the skillet when they entered the kitchen, and responded to Goldie, "Ham and vegetables, with fresh-baked bread," then listened to her hum a tune in comfortable silence, and admired the way she worked the knife. "However, I've a feeling our meals will improve now that you're around." Papa finally spoke again as he began to remove the cooked slices of Ham from the skillet, and his timing was impeccable. At that very moment, the potato's over-boiled. "Or maybe not," he chuckled, and handed a cloth to Goldie when she bent to her knees. "Careful, don't scald yourself with the hot water."

His eyes met hers, and he pursed his lips at her question, lost in thought for a moment, before he twisted to slide the pan with the bread dough from the fire of the fire, and leaned against the kitchen counter. His expression of sadness had quickly faded. "Since I was a little boy. My papa built this house, and it's where I was married, and the boys were born. I've thought about leaving it once or twice, but I just can't bring myself to leave behind the memories. They're mostly good. What about you, Goldie. Do you think you'll be happy here?"

Papa's eyes raised to the ceiling, where the footsteps of his sons could be heard overhead, then pulled his gaze back to the young woman. His tone and demeanour had become a little more serious. "You know, boys will be boys, and I'm not going to ask them to deny their natural instincts, but I've also raised them to be gentlemen, as their Mother would have wished, so if either ever cause you any trouble, or give you reason to be scared, you come see me. Do you understand?" As for his own natural instincts. Papa had attempted to push thoughts of those aside.

Back
Top Bottom