Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Near future Supernatural world (Cravings thread.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Evo Var

Supernova
This thread is for my current cravings and will change as time goes on. If interested in any ideas pm me and we can go from there.

Fantasy
Idea 1.

I am looking for a near future story with elements of Supernatural and post apocalityic elements. This idea is not fully fleshed out so ideas are always welcome.

In this world vampires, werewolves, fey and more supernatural beings alive and had been revealed to the modern world.

Not surprisingly humanity was split between wanting to co-exist with them but the fearful or the powerful didn't let it happen. No one knows who fired first but not long after the existence of the supernatural races the world war broke out and lasted for (Length can be decided upon) years. This war severely decreased the human population as they either were killed in the fighting, being used as food or being turned into either vampires, werewolves or another kind of supernatural creature.

When the war came to an end South american and northern Africa, and most of Romania as well as other parts of the world ended up under the influence of the vampire. While they do not directly govern theses areas they rule from behind the scenes. In areas where the old gods used to accept blood sacrifices such as in south america their hold is the strongest.

While north america and most of Europe are still controlled by humanity as well as India, southern Africa and Australia. (Still deciding what areas are under human controls) These areas are severely under populated leaving many of the old cities deserted or populated almost completely by non humans that sided with the humans.

When the supernatural world was revealed dormant genes in many human bloodlines giving those people the ability to pulled energy from other dimensions and use it to control and alter the world around them. When theses bloodlines regained their abilities the few true magic users who had been laying low like the rest of the supernatural world made themselves known and helped to re-educated those who had just regained the ability.

This roleplay could take place during the war, after the war when the new borders have been defined.

I am open to hearing ideas that people might have for pairings.

Idea 2.

Darkest Dungeon: I am really interested playing out a story about heroes that leave the estate broken and haunted. This could be a redemption story or they could spread the corruption to other estates.

Idea 3.

GoT Inspired but can be adapted for a world similar to Dishonored:

After watching season six of game of thrones I got the idea to make a plot where there is a small but powerful province/kingdom that occupies either a choke point for either land or sea which gives them control over the trade in the region. Through some circumstance the young daughter of the ruling family is now the ruler. After she is in power her councilors advise her and help to keep her family lands powerful and secure. I think it would be fun to how the main characters be the trusted councilors. They do not need to be the original people advising the young ruler. Instead they could be people who have earned her trust either through valor or through by exposing the corrupt members of her council.

I would prefer to have the land the kingdom controls being a harsh northern area maybe something like a very narrow and high altitude mountain or sea passages. The main thing is I want the environment to make the people in the kingdom strong and harsh people like the northerners in GOT. This could also work with the land in the kingdom being a harsh desert with a few fertile rivers like the Nile in Egypt that both provides food for the kingdom and acts as major trade networks.

Sci Fi

I re-watched the movie Moon and wanted to come up with a few ideas that pull inspiration from the movie’s plot. If you are interested in anything here let me know.

This will probbaly updated and expanded upon as I think of more eventds or more pairings.

2025: the first Lunar base is founded.

2036: disaster strikes as the Eurasia research station stationed on the south pole of the moon is hit by a micro meteorite storm that hit sections of the station that were not properly shielded depressurising over half the station. Only three out of the ten crew members survived.

2047: all fifteen bases are either moved underground or their shielding is strengthened.

2060: the first helium 3 fusion reactor is brought into operation on the moon.

2070: the first fusion reactor comes online on earth projected to last a hundred years before it's next injection of  fuel.

2082: Eight more reactors came online spread out over the world producing 70% of the worlds power with that expected to increase as the reactors become more efficient.

2090: The first colonists leave Earths orbit to start their trip to mars. All supplies for the first wave and construction of a small colony.

2093: Disaster strikes. The long predicted Kessler event finally happened. All that is known is that there was a routine satellite launch that was either hit by derby or its orbit was miscalculated and started the chain reaction.

Setting for idea A will be set her in the time line. The idea is that we play one or more characters each who are living on the moon and realize that they need to consolidate their resources to ensure that they will be able to survive until rescue comes. This could involve some bases powering down and moving themselves and some of their equipment to other bases.

We could play any number of people in this time peroid.

2160: Some disaster either natural or man made has covered the earth is a thick layer of ash blocking out 85% of sunlight from the planet. When there is a break in the ash clouds it has been observed that sea levels have rissen to flooding many costal cities.

2180: Flashes of light were observed under the ash cloud and are speculated to be nucluar detinations. It is unknown if anyone survives and until a way of getting through the wreckage of the Kessler event it is believed no information will be known.

2250: The moon is now a flourishing world that had survived through its population bottle neck and now has built up the infustructer and technologies to send its own mission to mars to make contact with the mars colonists if they survived or investigate and report of the viability using the colony as the Lunar foot hold to colonising the planet.
The setting for idea B will be around here with our characters either being citizens of the moon, descendants of the mars colonists.

As always I am open to ideas for this setting as well as the ideas below. I am looking to make this hard sci fi but I am fine with working ways to fit not so hard sci fi in as well.

2. There is a rotating crew of two or more people on the station at once for three year period. The paid is extremely high and for the most part all you do is pick up containers and sent them back to earth. So for this idea it could be two people getting to know each other over that period of time and growing closer as they are forced to deal with situations that lie outside their comfort zone. For example they could end up needing to repair their habitat after a section depressurizes or there was a near miss from an asteroid that knocks out their communications.

3. For this idea the pairing would be Human X Alien. The idea for this one is that a ship is either discovered by the person stationed in the base and finds an Alien alive in stasis inside or the Alien decides to learn a little more about humans by coming to the base and having a face to face chat.

Thanks for reading this post and have a good day.

RE: Moon/Mars Sci fi idea. (Time line added with two starting points)

Bump to start the day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom