Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Help with a signature

Gluttony

Meteorite
Hi, I'm currently trying to create a signature, I was wondering if someone can help me with it. I'm still a beginner at designing and re-sizing images. If anyone with some expertise can help me, that would be awesome.

Thank you in advance!

The image I wanted to develop a signature with are these. I'm not sure which to select honestly, one looks really well done but resizing it may crunch everything together and it wouldn't exactly look good. The second image is simple and authentic, I like it too, but I was trying to add color to it's black and white original. I have hit more road bumps then expected though so I'm walking away from it for now.

gluttony_by_anitajoyholland-d4loipa.jpg

https://media.licdn.com/media/p/1/005/063/3e5/322bc43.png

Also, does anyone know what I should do to convert a png file to jpg?

Hey Gluttony! Welcome to the beautiful realm of Photo Shop! It has so many buttons that you'll feel like you're flying a space ship but you'll feel more comfortable the more you fiddle around, I promise you :3

First Image: A good practice is to first crop the image so that you only include the parts you like, and then scale it down. In your case, I don't think you really want all that empty space on the margins. After you crop it, down size it as you want. It could still look too crunched for your liking, but it is the best that can be done really.

Second Image: The more black you have in a black and white image, the easier it is to color, so it is no surprise that you found it challenging. Here are some tricks you can use;

- Look at your layers tab on the right (If you can't find it, go to Windows -> Layers), find the b&w circle at the bottom. Click it then click "Photo Filter", play with the settings as you like. You can also play with the blending option for that new filter if you like. This will give you a uniform color throughout the picture.

- Click the same circle, try "Gradient Map". This is more difficult to control, but it will offer a nice color scheme if you know how to control it. Adjust the colors and blending option/opacity as needed.

- There are other options you can access by clicking that b&w circle and I encourage you to play around them, but an alternative technique that works is to add a new layer, pick a soft brush and just brush around the places you want colored, then turn the blending option of that layer to something that works. Typically "Color" or "Soft Light". This won't really be helpful if you're trying to add a dark color to your whites.

(.psd example: http://www.filedropper.com/colorchangepractice)

JPG to PNG: Open up the image in PhotoShop then save it (File, Save for Web) and choose the extension you want. Typically you want it to be .png though because it is higher quality and supports transparency.

Back
Top Bottom