Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Looking for Vector Artists, CSS Artists

Vekseid

Most imposing inkwell.
Administrator
I am looking for vector artists (SVG specifically - Inkscape, Adobe Illustrator, SVG-Edit, etc.) to make custom iconography (smileys, logos, buttons, etc.) for upgrading Blue Moon to Elkarte. These icons shall be unique to Blue Moon Roleplaying, and will not be shared with any other forum or site.

In order to avoid duplicated effort, and to ensure that related elements share a visual style, I want to coordinate efforts somewhat.

It will be a couple months - I need to compile a full list of icons that will need categorization, as well as actually make the code changes to Elkarte to support this properly. I wrote a little utility over the weekend to help prepare things on Elkarte's side.

I have slogged through about 50% of the css changes needed to begin getting css stylists on board. As with the iconography, it would be nice to be able to make Blue Moon's entire theme unique.

If you are interested, please reply to this post with what you are good at (css styling/web design or vector art). I will get in touch.

Since people have apparently been asking, all pms and posts will be retained in the upgrade, except for those that have been deleted. I will be doing dry conversion runs with the staff to make sure things go smoothly.

Send me a pm if you want your deleted threads restored.

Thank you for reading, everyone. : )

We have site artists already--Mitsu, Ariamella, Forbidden Fruit, lait. They should be the ones to tackle this, if able. And if they need additional assistance, then that should be addressed afterwards.

I've been getting some confused PMs >_>

Vector graphics are a bit different than the raster art most people are used to - both in terms of designing and what it is ideal for. My current avatar is vector art, converted to png. It is a graphic format that speaks mostly to people who draw, render, design, and manipulate. It is not difficult, per se, but it is certainly different.

The idea is to make our own icon set (see Fontello or IcoMoon), with a healthy selection of our own iconography so that BMR has its own unique look and feel that you will not find elsewhere. Font Awesome is well, nifty, but it's used everywhere. So is every icon worth using that you will find on those sites. We will be needing about a hundred glyphs, so my idea was to break things down into 3-5 teams (Logo team, core team, smiley team(s), control team, widget team) to cover the various icons needed.

• I'm extremely well versed with vector graphics ~ I have a sweet portfolio of icons I'll be posting up on my personal website shortly (I'm a computer science student, so naturally I have my own digital portfolio, yeis).

I'm also fantastic with web design and CSS (SQL, JavaScript, PHP and Ruby/Python also are a part of the package).

As of right now, I'm pretty hammered with a personal project - some classmates and I are working on a game in Unity, so needless to say I'm spending half of my day writing pages upon pages of code anyway, but with that said, I don't mind piling on a little bit more

Hey! I'm Ariamella, but feel free to call me Aria. Everyone does, and that's super cool. I'm one of the Artists for BMR (along with Fruit, Mistu, and lait), and I thought I should drop you a line here.

Anyway, I'm mildly familiar with vector graphics, and I'll be more than happy to help with iconogrgaphy. It's not difficult, but I'm willing to brush up on the things that I haven't taken a look at in a while. I absolutely adore smileys (no doubt from my excessive use of emojis), and I was wondering exactly what you wanted from them? What kind of unique look were you after? And what kinds of icons will be unique to BMR?

This all being said, I saw you were looking for this to take place over a few months... How much of a work load were you looking at? I'm a dual chem/bio student, and I have my MCAT coming up this summer, so you can imagine that, like Echoplex, I'm swamped with work.

I'm still learning Inkscape, but since I need additional practise and my motivation is MUCH higher if that practise serves a purpose I'd be willing to help.
I've got a lot of time until March 15th, then real life will get horribly busy....

Back
Top Bottom