Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Video Game Suggestions

Hiya!

So....my xbox looks like it's dying and my pc is all I have left for gaming. With that in mind, I'm desperate for some suggestions for new video games. Ideally free to play games. I've tried Star Wars TOR, WoW, Dota2. None of those really thrilled me. So I would really appreciate some suggestions of games that are either free or cheap to acquire.

(I own:
The Sims 3
Civilization
Minecraft)

Hmm, depends on what types of games you're in the mood to play, and also your PC specs.

If you're into open world, creativity games such as Minecraft, and your hardware is beefy enough, might I suggest Space Engineers, (or alternatively Medieval engineers). I've got a few hours clocked in SE, and I must say I've had a solid good time with it. I will say that it has a rather steep learning curve when first getting into it. So much potential with this game, though.

As for the civilization-esque genre, I'm pretty sure you can find a copy of Civilization V with a bunch of DLC along with it for pretty cheap. It's still very popular and a lot of people play the shit out of it. Also, might I suggest Age of Wonders III (It's only sale right now on steam for 8.99USD, also a very solid game).

There are a lot of people playing the Sims 4, but it's pretty expensive to get into from what I understand. I wouldn't personally recommend it unless you're a diehard sims fan.

Hearthstone is pretty fun, if you're into card games.

Also, you can occasionally check www.humblebundle.com to see what they have. They usually have some pretty great deals for really cheap.

As far as free to play goes, Warframe has been a pretty solid experience for me. Plenty of content, fun and varied gameplay. Granted there is a pretty fuckin' huge microtransactions store, but if you put in the time and effort then it's definitely possible to craft whatever you want.

Team Fortress 2 is probably the best multiplayer FPS out there, and is free too.

Garry's Mod is reasonably cheap and has a slew of gamemodes available if you're able to sit through a fair bit of downloading.

Binding of Isaac. Cheap, god-tier addictive and fun.

Do you like any sort of genre or style of game in particular?

Solid Sharkey has been collating lists of the best freeware semi-annually for a long, long time. He's worked a lot of places, though, so the best I can give you is this google search.

As far as MMOs go, Aura Kingdom is a good wow-like, and Dungeon Fighter Online is an RPG beat 'em up, much like the old D&D arcade games, and Dragon's Crown.

There's probably over a thousand games across Sharkey's various lists, though, and most of them could run on a toaster, so you're sure to find something good.

Thanks to everyone. I'll give those some looks. I wish I could narrow it down, but truth be told, I don't even know what I want right now. That's kind of the problem.

But I appreciate all the help.

Virtual beers for everyone.

If you are down for a cyber-punk RPG type of game, then you should check out Shadowrun. The first two in the recent reboot are only like three dollars, and the newest one is going for ten dollars. I'd highly recommend all three. I do think the low price is due to a sale, so you'll have to move quick.

toritaynympho said:
Hiya!

So....my xbox looks like it's dying and my pc is all I have left for gaming. With that in mind, I'm desperate for some suggestions for new video games. Ideally free to play games. I've tried Star Wars TOR, WoW, Dota2. None of those really thrilled me. So I would really appreciate some suggestions of games that are either free or cheap to acquire.

(I own:
The Sims 3
Civilization
Minecraft)

Hi I love playing games I know how u feel I love playing games but it depends in what kind of mood I'm in....I like to bounce around in any kind of game from dishonored to call of Duty black ops 1 and 2.....Anyways my point is u should try dishonored it's a great game,or grand theft auto 5 it's bomb specially if u can play online with friends

If you like tf2 and have money to drop overwatch is pretty epic

Starcraft 2 is fun if you like strategy

Heroes of the storm is my favorite Moba to play and relax

Craft the world is a fun little side scrolling fortress game(city builder with outside forces trying to kill you)

Gnomoria is another fortress I've enjoyed playing

My personal addiction right now tho would have to be Starcraft 2 of these games only heroes of the storm is f2p

Back
Top Bottom