Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Changeling

Violina

Meteorite
So, I have an idea for a good rolelpay, and hope that there are others interested in this idea as well...

The core group of characters involves four people. Other supporting characters can and should be involved, but the bulk of the main plot will revolve around the scruples, addictions, loves, and ties between the four main characters. Anything else will be subplots that can most decidedly affect the main characters.

I think the perfect setting (although I am open to other setting ideas) for this rp would be in victorian england, or even america. Really, I'm more into the time frame than the geography, because socially, it was strict and there were simply things you did not do.

As for the characters, they can be played however their writers see fit...I would only ask that a few guidelines be followed that I will write here. I love creativity and don't feel that anyone should have to be dictated completely to what they, using their own creativity, can write.

This idea involves two of the characters being changelings, which are mythological creatures that can physically alter their apperance to look like anyone they wish to. These abilities are supposed to gradually lessen as the changeling grows older, but these two have found a way to maintain and grow their powers and abilities, to keep their youth and vitality. In all actuality, the two changelings were born in the 1400s, and have been alive for centuries.

The other two characters are actually husband and wife...a respectable couple that is quite rich. All of the money is on the husband's side, they are one of maybe a handful of love matches in the entirety of local society. Again, these roles can be played however the mood strikes you.

So, all in all...there are three main roles open...because I'll be playing one of the changelings.

The Husband: He can have any profession, any name, any background...etc, the only hard facts right now is that he is married to the changeling's "sister" and that his mistress is the female changeling.

The Wife: Again, any sundry details are yours to make...hard facts are that she is the "sister" of the two changelings...and she has no idea that her husband has a mistress, much less that said mistress is her own sister.

The Changeling: I will be playing this character...name to be determined...but the facts I have decided upon are that she and the other changeling were brother and sister in the first place...and when they passed through the centuries they found it easier to hide amongst families that had multiple children. She now makes her money as an actress, as well as carrying on a stream of lovers who support her...her newest lover being her 'sister' s husband.

The Changeling's brother: He is the one who found a way to live through time, to keep his abilities and keep his youth. He shared this secret with his sister, and they together watched history. He has varied interests...and is a most curious and analytical creature. He spends a lot of time being an apothecary, and makes his living selling his medicinals and potions to the masses. He sells these out of a cart in the streets, and also has silent interest in many varied businesses. He is the more observant, and patient of the two changelings.

Hopefully this hasn't bored any of you and some people will be interested...believe me, I've had this entire thing mapped out in my head for ages, I just don't know if anyone will be interested enough in joining such a roleplay.

Please reply here if you're interested!

I'm interested in playing the changling brother. Nothing like being noisy and unhealthily curious. If you can corral a couple others, lemme know.

Hmm, I think it would be fun to play the brother. I love characters with a lot of potential for mischief, though I could pull off the husband as well. It's also fun to play a character led into temptation and the initial resistance that eventually gives. This sounds like a lot of fun either way. ^_^

This sounds very interesting, and I too, would love to play the brother, but, since, Rage posted first, I doubt that I will be able to, I would love to be involved in the RP in some way, though, but I really don't feel that I would fit in any of the other roles.

Darn, everyone wants to be the brother. But ha! I was here first! XD

But seriously, like eragon said, I don't feel that I would fit any of the other roles all that well.

Why not create another character then? Changelings are not the only supernatural creatures that can exist...those are merely the central figures I thought of.

It is between the three of you to decide who plays the brother and who plays what other characters there may be. I would feel rather despotic to say 'you play this character and you play this one'..so go mudwrestle or something? :)

This sounds absolutely great. I really do like the sound of this RP idea. Since no one else wants to play as the Husband and since I can't think of a good character, I'll play the husband Lol. If that's alright that is.

I have a couple questions, are we just making up the rest of the plot ourselves? (I think so, but I am clarifying Lol.) And also, are their any pairings and fetishes anybody has real problems with? No matter what I like where this Rp could go.

Alright, so I'm seeing:

Changling Sister----Violin

Changling Brother---Myself, Rage, or Eragon

Wife---------------Rubi

Husband------------Rage or Chris Khaos

Random other-------Myself or Eragon

Soooo....the wife and sister both are fixed, but there's issues on the mail departments. Obviously, since we can't meet each other in real life, the idea of a gung-ho fight to the death for who gets to play the part of the fictional character is out. Also, it seems Chris Khaos there is only up for playing the role of the husband, which limits Rage to only being able to play the role of the brother, which limits Eragon and myself to playing somebody else if we are to get involved at all. Then again, that could just be how things work out. I'm okay with that cause I have ideas for who or what else I could be. If that's okay with Eragon, then we might just have ourselves a thread.

Sounds great...just remember, it's actually victorian, not steampunk. I'm not saying this to be mean, or anything...I just want to be sure we all know it...and I never did specify. The brother might have a few tinkering inventions along with his potions and all that...but that's the extent.

Let me know when all the roles are worked out, just to be sure everyone has a part they are happy playing, and I will start the thread!

Lol, well I hope I get the husband. At first I picked the role cause everyone else had the brother as first choice, but since then I've been thinking about the character and developing him on my own, I can't wait to RP. I guess if I am forced to I'll make my own character. Hopefully things will work out and I get to be the husband. From what Palaios said, as long as Eragon makes his own character, then we should really be okay.

I wish I knew. I know I'm good to go, and so is Rubi, but hellifiknow what Violina, Eragon, or Rage are up. If Eragon and Rage are meh about things, that's all fine and dandy, but this is kinda Violina's idea and she does fill in kind of a necessary part, so we don't really know what's up till she says something.

Just wanted you to know you are using the wrong classification for a changeling - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Changeling

As for what you are looking for - I believe it's more closely related to a Mimic. ^_^

Well, the story, the RP, was her idea regardless of the classification of the fantasy creatures it had in it. I thought it was a fun story myself, and was kinda hoping she'd not be...you know...dead. :s

I am still interested in a role as either a changling or husband, if needed

correction, IF you need a changling I will play the second one, if not if you have any other male roles that are not submissive, then I would LOVE to play them, misrtead, lol

Back
Top Bottom