Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Maid for you... {Chasseybaby ~ deadmanshand}

Evy Grey: https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/8c/fb/67/8cfb67b288f05862301fe2ab850a1a82.jpg
Mary Grant: http://vignette3.wikia.nocookie.net/lesmiserables/images/d/df/Lucky-Magazine-amanda-seyfried-5755401-1200-1598.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20131206103529
Evy's Apartment: http://www.blogto.com/upload/2007/10/apartment590.jpg

"Oh... I see. No, thank you for your time. good bye." Evy Grey hung up her cell phone and dropped he head onto the morning newspaper where several help wanted ad were circled and crossed out in red. She groaned and sat up blowing a red curl out of her face, "Great, guess Ill be eating ramen and crackers again till I find another job..."Her stomach protested as she searched the paper again for any job that would pay decent. She was still seething after being let go from the bar after a married man had the balls to slap her ass. Granted banging her metal serving tray upside his head was a bit overkill and kicking him in the groin...twice. Evey moaned and covered her face in shame. Why coudlnt she control her temper? It wasnt so hard, was it? She sat up straighter and took a few deep breath, something her best ,and meddling, friend Mary said to do that would calm her. Some yoga thing that helped you find your center or something. It made her feel a bit better, but her stomach still growled.

A knock sounded at her door and she jumped to answer it. She slid to a stop at the door and checked the peephole to see who it was. Mary waved a brown paper bag and two cups of coffee in front of the hole. "I could hear your stomach two blocks down..." Evy wasted no time throwing the deadbolt back and the other forty locks below. She opened the door with a big smile as Mary hugged her and waltz in as if she lived there too. "Whats with the visit? And why arent you at work?" Mary smiled and sat down in her seat looking at the paper with a frown. "Half day, have to do reach for my bosses client. No luck with the job hunt?" Shaking her head, Evy took a seat and pulled her leg up to rest her chin on. "Nope, that fancy restaurant downtown turned me down too. Said I had a long track record of terminations for them to hire me. I guess their right, I mean seven jobs in one year is a lot. I was lucky to even get that bar job." Mary shook her blonde head back and forth. "That place was a dump and you were barely scrapping by. Freaking city doesnt know how to tip..." Mary pushed a Carmel latte her way as well as the brown bag. Evy nodded and took a bite from her warm bear claw and watched her friend. Mary was so different then her. She had her life together, a good job, a nice apartment, on the good side of town, and I dotting fiance who loved her. Evy on the other hand was a mess. No job, a shitty apartment in the backwaters of the city, and no man wanted her unless it was to freeload off her. And yet Mary still considered Evy her best friend. Granted they had been together since they were in elementary school. She was there when Evy lost her parents and was still helping pick up the pieces of her life. Mary put down her cup and gave her a pointed look. "Dont look at me like that?!" Evy smiled, "Like what?" "Like Im some movie star and your my stalker, it creepy...." Evy laughed, "You got a little something on your face Mary." Mary glared at her but patted her face anyways. "That's right touch yourself, now say my name..." Evy laughed but started to laugh harder as her friend started whacking her with her new coach bag. "I swear to God there is something wrong with you, Evy Grey!" her friend laughed as she continued to beat her friend.

Once they were settled again and the giggling had died down Mary leaned in with a smile, "So my boss asked me to find a maid for one of his clients." Evy's eye perked but continued to eat her pastry, "Why not hire a maid service?" Mary shook her head and chewed on her lower lip, "This client is a bit testy and a bit bullheaded to let anyone in to clean and cook for him." "Pshhh... thats a first..." Evy counter licking her sugary fingers. Mary etched her fingers over the worn wood of the table, "I was thinking maybe you would want the job..." Evy narrowed her eyes, "Mary.... what did you do?" Mary took to the defense and batted her baby blues, "Evy its a really good job, twelve hour shifts, off on the weekends, $3,000 a week plus benefits and vacation pay. I mean its a cleaning job but the money will help you on your feet and back to what you do best." Evy glanced at her empty canvas, it had been years since she last painted, ever since her parents died. Mary touched her hand with a gently smile. "You deserve this. Its been almost ten years now you need to move on. Please take the job. Not just for the money but the man who your working for needs someone like you to get his shit together, and I think you'd be just the kinda person to do it." Evy shook her head, "I dont know Mary, I mean I dont even know this person. And Im going to go into his personal space and..." Mary smiled and held back a giggle. "What?" Evy frowned. "Oh nothing just that you do know this person... very well..." Evy's eyebrows screwed together in confusion, "Huh?" Mary smiled and leaned back in her seat, crossing her arms to enjoy the reaction of her friend when she found out exactly who she would be working for, "Gideon Hall."

The Next Day

Gideon's House: http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-hzunOLtReKg/UVMQOGdfw_I/AAAAAAAAAnA/Kh7cZuLJk-U/s1600/River+house.jpg

Evy turned off the engine and stared at the cozy little house that laid before her. She still was reeling by the fact she would be up close and cleaning the Giantslayer's toilets. Mary nearly pissed herself with laughter when Evy fell out of her seat and stuttered at her in shock. She wasnt a big fan of MMA, but Gideon Hall was her celebrity crush for many years. Working at bars for most of career she was exposed to it a lot of his fights and always cheer for him. She still remembered the first fight she saw of him. It was suppose to be a date but her boyfriend at the time wasnt the brightest when it came to women and romance. He had gotten 'good' seats, right up front where the most rowdiest of fans were to elbow her in the face. She was pissed the whole time and had a mind to leave him and take a cab home. But once Gideon walked out she was hooked to him like a moth to a flame. She had herd his name on the tv and by most of her customers, but never really paid attention, till now. It was a long fight and violent. But Evy was transfixed. After that she never missed a game and looked him up on google and MMA websites. When he injured his leg she was devastated that it had happened to such a man as him who was a renown champion. She tried to find any hint of him in the new wasnt never mentioned or only gave vague details. Now she was going to be his maid. She had signed all the paperwork the day before and given a list of her duties of what to do in the house, a spare key and rules to follow while working. Non disclosure crap, as if she would blab any ones secrets to strangers. Who would believe her anyways... Besides Mary of course.

She checked the review mirror make sure she looked alright and realized what she was doing, "Yeah as if he'd fall for the housekeeper. Probably got one of those playboy bunnies up in his bed..." She looked down at her black bar shirt faded jeans and boots, 'yeah, definitely not what his looking for in a woman.' She thought as she opened the car door and locked the little black Mercury. Mary had let her borrow the car to make it out here and back home safely. It broke her heart when she had sold her dads Camaro awhile back. Money was tight and bills were racking up. Afterwards she had always used the bus or cab to get around in the city but now that she had this kinda money coming in finding a little junker to get her too and from work wouldnt be a problem. Mary was happy to have her man drive her around till Evy sorted things out. She took a deep breath and slowly made her way toward the house. With every step she took the house grew in magnificent. What she wouldnt give to live in a house like this. She finally made it to the door and took one last deep breath. "Here goes nothing..." She pressed the doorbell and stepped back to face off the Giantslayer.

-

The Week Before

"You want to do what now?" Gideon asked giving his friend an incredulous look. Martin had said a lot of strange things over the ten years they'd known each other. Weird PR stunts, trying to convince him to appear on a number of tv shows, and even one drunken suggestion to marry a particularly friendly stripper at a Vegas after party - all strange but based around a desire to "grow his brand" as the managers say. Except for the stripper. That was just the absinthe talking. This seemed like a bad joke.

"I want to hire a maid. Someone to pick up, do a little cleaning, maybe cook a meal or two for you," Martin said leaning back in the leather back English styled chair. "Whatever it is maids do in this country besides fulfill low rent bdsm fantasies."

"Let me get this straight," the fighter leaning forward over the table between them. "You want to make some poor girl clean up after me? Like I can't-"

"Gideon," Martin said softly but cutting off the inevitable tirade. His normal smile was gone and his eyes were focused on his friend. "We've been through a lot together. Good and bad. And thanks to a lot of hard work and sweat and pain... neither of us has to work ever again. Maybe we thought it'd be another decade or two before you got here but here you are and it sucks. But look around you."

Reluctantly Gideon did as he asked and what he saw drew his lips into a tight line. The house wasn't dirty per se but cluttered. Things left where he'd finished with them. Glasses left on tables, a few bits of clothing here and there, an empty 2 liter of Dr. Pepper sitting next to a recliner, and more. He didn't need to see the rest of the house to know it looked the same. Wet towels piled next to the hot tub. All his clothes clean and dirty mixed together in a hamper next to his bed. It was no way for a man to live.

"Alright," the broad shouldered man said wearily. "You find someone and I'll give them a shot."

"That's all I can ask," Martin said flashing a lightbulb smile.

The Day

The buzzer sounded loud and foreign. An intruder into the little world Gideon had built for himself. It'd been months since he'd heard it and it was a harsh counterpoint to the staccato clack of his cane upon the tile. Today, like most days anymore, he looked little like the champion he'd once been. His hair was a shaggy wolf's mane of dark brown surrounding a young, haggard face. Deep bags fell beneath guarded green eyes. Lips twitching in a tight grimace with each step. Underneath the overly large t-shirt and shorts he still showed signs of being in good shape but it was hard to tell.

Leaning on his cane he pulled open the door started to speak and paused, "You must..." He hadn't known what to expect from the maid. Maids weren't really a thing where he came from. Maybe he'd half expected some Latina woman who'd complain about prices or some British nanny type. What he wasn't expecting was a gorgeous redhead who had apparently escaped from his fantasies. Shaking away his hesitance he gave a tight smile and continued, "You must be the maid Martin hired. I'm Gideon."

-

Evy counted her heartbeats and tried to contain her excitement as she waited for the door to open. Martin and Mary had warned her that Gideon wasnt as he use to be, he had a bit of a bullheaded temper and not to give in to him. Evy had to smile at that, Gideon Hall was a champ he couldnt have possibly be any different that what he use to be. She could see his injury as a set back, but he had a golden will to bounce back after every fight. This was just an obstacle that he couldnt do alone, and she was happy to help. She herd footsteps on the other side of the door and held her breath as the wooden door slid open and there he stood. Her eyes raked him in. He looked... different, weathered and tired but she could still see his determination and spirit fighting to shine through. He looked to still be in good shape, his hair had grown but gave him a rougher edge. But his face was a different story, he looked to be in pain and it sent a ache to her heart. He was taking her in and seemed very surprised to see her, didnt Martin tell him she was coming? He seemed to hesitate with his greeting and Evy tilted her head to the side confused but smiled as he introduced himself. She held out her hand to shake his, "Hello Mr. Hall, I'm Evelyn Grey, But I go by Evy." She pulled her hand back and clamped it in front of her to keep from looking a fool in front of her new boss. Her mind was ecstatic that she had just shook his hand and that she had met him in person. She cleared her throat and gave him a bright smile, "You have lovely home, Ill enjoy working here very much." She tried to keep herself from fidgeting in front of him and keep a more professional out look. "May I come in and you can instruct me on what to do today?" She asked hoping he wouldnt have second thoughts and turn her down on her first day.

-

"Evy - you can just call me Gideon. Mister doesn't suit me," he said flashing a quick boyish grin before a shift in posture sent a thrill of pain through him tightening his lips. For a moment he'd almost forgotten the pain. Lost in a bright smile and a soft skinned hand. Acting like a damned teenager seeing a pretty girl. It actually took a second for her question to register.

"Yeah - yeah. Come on in," Gideon said shuffling to the side to let her in but not really seeming to know what to do from there. After a moment and just shook his head laughing. Thought at what was hard to say. When he spoke again his voice was dripping with self deprecation. "I am the world's most inept maid employer, I think. I don't have a clue what I should have you do. Clean I guess but that feels weird to say. Never had anyone clean up after me before. Not even mother did that. Cook? I really don't know how this works. Kinda feeling like an idiot right now."

Talking too much... the sure sign that he wasn't comfortable or didn't know what else to do. And it didn't escape him. Told him he'd been holed up too long. Cut himself off a little too completely. As he was thinking this he rubbed absently at his forehead like it was headache he could just massage away.

-

"Thank you, Gideon." Evy noticed right away that she liked Gideon's shy, boyish smile, it suited him. She also liked how sexy he made her name sound, it made her cheeks redden, which she hoped went unnoticed. But she frowned at the slightest movement of his leg caused that grin to turn sour. Her eyes dropped to his leg and how much he was trying to hide by not leaning on it with his full weight. Her hands unfolded automatically and she had to stop herself from reaching out to offer him help. He didnt need her help unless he asks for it. She chewed on her lower lip out of worry and waited for his reply. She nodded and gave a curt nod as she enter his home make sure not to jar him and cause any further injury.

Evy's first thought as she entered that house was.... "Shit..." she said under her breathe. The place was huge, massive even. Her apartment could fit three times in his house and still have closet space. The wood work and detail that went into the design to build this house was phenomenal. Big full windows that over looked the wild woods and peaceful river just outside his porch, was breath taking to her. Second was the mess that littered the home. Oh boy, she had her work cut out for her. It wasnt as bad as it could have been, but she could tell he hadnt been keeping up with what was piling up around him. Old pizza boxes, cans of different beverages, clothes, and other things out of place. She removed her jacket and purse from over her shoulder and turned when she herd him laughing. She had a puzzled look as she tiled her head to what he found so funny.

Evy smiled and let out a small laugh herself, "Im new to this too, so dont feel completely bad. Just think of me as one of your staff. You know when you got ready for a match. Ill get you what you need and make sure your gears in order before your fight. If I make a mistake or anything its in your right to tell me." She laid her jacket and purse down in an empty chair. She then anchored her hands on her hips and surveyed the room. She was quiet a few seconds before turning with a smile. He looked tired and possibly having a headache by how hard he was rubbing his forehead. She cleared her throat politely, "How about you go rest in the living room and I fix you something to eat while I start on organizing and tiding up in there. You can get to know me a bit better so Im not a complete stranger in your home. After that Ill stay out of you way till dinner, unless you need me." she asked. He seemed a bit stressed and she hoped her being there wasnt too much of a hazard on his health. But this was Gideon Hall, he was a champ he could beat this. Maybe it was her she was new, foreign and he wasnt use to her being there yet. She hoped to change that soon as she had to again fight to not fidget and chew on her lip.

-

"Fight staff..." Gideon said softly as if tasting the words. It was a good analogy really. One that worked for him. One that was comfortable for him. And one that said she knew who he was. Or at least who he had been. "Yeah... I can do that."

Though I don't know what fight I'm getting prepared for, he thought.

"Food and getting to know each other sounds more like a date than fight prep though," he said shaking away his thoughts and giving her another quick, boyish grin to take any sting out of the joke. "Not that I do much of either these days. So - yeah - that sounds good. Just as a warning my kitchen is full of protein, natural sugars and vitamins, whatever the hell makes Pop-Tarts so tasty, and enough caffeine to make the heart of a bull pop like a zit - and that's about it. Just about any combination of these things makes me happy."

He started towards a chair before turning, flashing another grin, and pointing down the hall before saying, "And the kitchen's that way. That is probably useful information. After breakfast I'll give you the grand tour."

Once Gideon was settled in his chair he turned on the tv but he wasn't watching it. Not with the image of Evy blushing playing in his head or the light sound of her laughter still ringing in his ears. She looked like a model. Shit... better honestly. There hadn't been women that looked like her hanging around when he was champion. And now she was here in faded jeans and boots playing maid? If she wasn't being paid to smile for a camera or walk a runway it was a cruel joke on the world's part.

-

Evy had to pinch herself when he talked to her, it was almost as if she were in one of her fantasies though in her dreams he was a bit more cleaned up, but she knew it was just a off day for him that or it was early for him to be dressed and ready for the day. She could see the wheels in his head turning as he processed what she had said. Her eyebrows lifted in worry that she had offend him and sucked in a breath to apologize but let it out as he agreed with her.

Evy's face flushed red when he referred to her cooking for him as a date. 'Oh, if only Gideon,' she thought to herself, 'You wouldnt have to step out the house to give me a good time....' She shook her head to dislodge her dirty thoughts and plastered on a bright smile. God his smile was doing something to her that wasnt very business professional on her part. Maybe she had better jump in the ice cold river to cool her heated blood before she jumped the poor man. He was talking and her ear immediately picked up on every word. Her smile slipped and she wondered why anyone would not want to date the famous Gideon Hall? He was good looking and polite, no matter what the tabloids said, and could only dream of what he was like in the bedroom. Oh no, was he one of those Christian Grey type guys? Was she going to find a playroom full of whip and chains that he used on women. Strangely that turned her on even more. 'Damn it Mary for making me read those damn 5o Shades books' she though and planed to straggle her best friend later but for now she had to get her boss brunch and started on the house or she would be out of a job, again. She gave a short laugh to his comment and nodded, "Its probably better then my kitchen but Ill see what I can whip up for you."

Evy watched him move towards the living room and turned to what she though would be the kitchen area but stopped short when he pointed the other way down a hall. She gave a sheepish grin and turned herself in the right direction. She enter the kitchen and stopped in her tracks with a sigh, yep sure was a guys house. Dishes and empty pizza boxes littered the counter space. She had her work cut out for her. She checked the fridge and found it well stocked expect for a few things but was glad Mary had given her a number to call for Gideon's groceries as well as a credit card for any expenses.

With a heavy sigh she pulled her red mop of hair up into a messy bun, tied a black apron around her waist and set out to work. She could hear the hum of the tv in the next room and had to smile again at where she was and who she worked for. She sighed looking at the doorway and pulled out her phone setting the volume on low as she opened her Pandora to her Halestorm station. She smiled as one of her favorite songs started up and she dived into the stack of dirty dishes. "I've tried but I just can't take it, I'd rather fight than just fake it ,cause I like it Rough," she sang along shaking her body to the music like a giddy teenager. Once she had most of the trash gathered and the dishes clean, she started on fixing food. She saw bacon and bread an figured a BLT with homemade fires would be good start for him.

Evy lost herself in her task, Pandora jamming away song after song that she hummed or sand too, aware to keep her voice down to not disturb Gideon in the next room. Food was smelling delicious as she pinched a hot fry from the fryer and munched away licking the salt of her fingertips. Her bowl of frosted flasks paled to the food in front of her. She loved to cook, had been cooking for herself since she was small with her mother. The thought of her cooking Gideon her mothers recipes made her smile as if she were honoring her memory. She mixed a special family sauce for his fries and plated his food with more care then she should have. Pouring him a cold glass of Dr. Pepper she found in the fridge and placed everything on a tray for him.

Evy stopped short of entering and wondered how she should enter a room with him in it. All those old shows where the maid addressed the master of the mansion as sir came to mind but they were the only two in the house would it really matter? Maybe being herself would suit him better. She steeled herself and walked in smiling when he noticed her, "I hope you like bacon. I didn't want to outshine myself on the first day," she teased as she set the tray down on the coffee table close to him. She took a look at the room and began to pick up random clothing and garbage. "You have an amazing kitchen by the way, you may find your stove missing one of these days..." Evy bit her lip and scrunched her eyes closed at her slip up of talking about stealing in front of her boss. "I mean..." her brain scrambled to come up with a come back that would save her from this mistake but faltered as she turned to Gideon.

-

She tried to keep it down but he could hear the radio and her singing along with it. Gideon smiled fully. Unfettered by pain for a brief moment as the heating pad worked it's magic on the scarred mass of his leg. Halestorm. Probably the same station on Pandora that he listened to. And if her singing was any indication she was enjoying listening to it more than he had for a long while. It was enough that his mood barely flickered as he took his handful anti-inflammatories.

Steroids were something he'd avoided like the plague while competing. Used the word like a curse. Now it was one of few things that could give him any relief. That bothered him for the first year. Set anger wolves to howling in his brain. Now it was a momentary thought and sense of relief.

When Evy brought him his food the awkwardness returned briefly till the smell hit him and his stomach took over. The plate was barely on the table before a piping hot fry was slipped into his mouth. It was good. Heavenly after the months of what passed for cooking from him. It was also ridiculously fucking hot and a quick not quite panicked but not quite casual drink of his pop was necessary. After his mouth cooled he gave her a smile.

"Maybe it's all the bachelor chow I've been feeding myself lately but that tastes amazing," Gideon said looking more relaxed than he had since she'd met him. "I'm not gonna lie. Getting to eat real food again? Kinda fucking nice. And, apparently, you would get more use out of that stove than I do. The abominations I have created in and upon that poor thing..." The exaggerated shake of his head and the long suffering penitent look upon his face had nothing to do with anything serious. A brief flicker of the man who used to talk shit with the best of them peeking out.

But then the tv had to go and ruin it.

"Up next we are talking to UFC welterweight champion Roan Carceres. A man who many claim may be the best pound for pound best fighter on the planet at 22-2 and with 4 title defenses under his belt. And a man without a challenge waiting for him in the once stacked division many also say -"

The reporter's commentary was abruptly cut off by the tv turning off. Gideon dropped the remote onto the table contemptuously. His face had gone flat. Hard. And an ocean of rage roiled behind his eyes as he stared at the black screen. The source of his sudden anger was easy enough to guess. Roan Carceres. A man who'd challenged him for his belt twice and been finished in the cage twice. A man who'd been given the belt after Gideon's injury and acted like he deserved it.

-

Evy smiled as Gideon dove right into his meal with gusto and was happy to at lest to feed the man a meal that didnt come from a box or with freezer burn. He even brushed off her joke as what it was and lifted a huge weight off her shoulders. She laughed as he took a drink when the fry he had grab was too hot for his mouth, knowing she would have to make sure they had cooled next time she cooked. She snagged a fry off his plate and continued picking up and watching her boss eat, glad to have been of some use today. She listened to him talk and had to giggle at him talking to her like a normal person. He seemed relaxed and happy even as he was just shooting the breeze with her. "Well thank you, Gideon. It does help to have such an advanced kitchen to work in. If your lucky I may even be able to bake some things as well if I have enough time." She stopped what she was doing and turned to him placing a hand on her chest. "You havent lived till you have had my brownies, Gideon. Mary, my best friend, swears I put ambrosia in them they are so heavenly." She laughed and folded shirt she had found and placing them in a hamper she found. "But then again shes a chocoholic so Im not so sure I can trust her judgement." There was a slight pause then Evy remembered what she ment to ask him while she was cooking, "That reminds me what kinda foods do you like?"

Evy turned to face him but found his attention directed at the tv and none to happy to hear what was being said. She glanced at the screen and the name Roan Carceres rang a bell. But she couldnt place his face with the name. The reporter had started to explain he was the best fighter on the planet 'Pshh as if...' but she lost most of it when the tv was cut off and Gideon slapped the remote down. Evy went still as she watched his emotions play over his face. At first she feared for her safety the man had hundred plus pounds on her and could snap her neck like a pencil. But then the face came to her and everything made sense. She let out a pent up breath and set the last towel down on the pile as she made her way over to her employer. She remembered the last fight he fought, had cried in outrage when Ron won and Gideon was left broken on the mat. She swore if the bugger crossed paths with her she would knee him in the balls to see him suffer in shame on the floor for once. The man had no pride in sportsmanship and even commented that Gideon 'got what was coming to him.' The memory of his words made her hands clench. But the look on Gideons rage made her think how much worst it had to be for him, even now that the bastard was winning every fight and climbing up the ladder of fame.

Standing next to Gideon she reached out and placed a warm hand on his shoulder, "Gideon? Is there something I can do?" Her voice was soft and gentle, soothing even as she searched his face for an answer to his troubles. She sat next to him and turned her body towards him, never letting her hand left his bicep her eyes pleading to let her know what she could do to buffer the hurt and pain of loosing his fighting career and championship.

-

"Not unless you can heal me or make him very, very fucking dead," Gideon said through a tight, violent smile that had more in common with a grimace. He let loose a hot explosive breath and leaned his head back. Eyes closed he just concentrated on breathing. And on not breaking things or screaming himself hoarse. On not looking like a lunatic in front of the sweet woman who had just made him breakfast.

The former champion opened his eyes, let loose a much softer breath, and looked at Evy. When he talked he sounded tired. Weary. As if his anger had wrung him dry but he said, "Sorry. There are better sights to see on your first day than me about to lose it. Shouldn't be angry. Not really. He's just talking shit. It's how you get people to tune into your fights. Nothing more. At least it shouldn't be anyway."

Gideon was silent a minute longer but then he placed a surprisingly soft hand on hers. He did his best not to think about good her skin felt against his - and failing miserably - as he gave her a small tired smile and said, "Thanks. How about we just put the tv idea behind us and I give you a real tour of the house? My taste for tv has soured."

-

Evy tried not to show how much she wished she had a healing touch and magically fix the leg that pained him so much. Though she did hope she had the chance to off the so called new champ Roan Carceres in a dark ally. Either way she could see that the man had caused a rather big rift in Gideon's life and she had her work cut out for her. She applauded him for holding back his temper as he sat there either counting down from ten or just too full to trash about like a mad man. "If I had a healing touch, I wouldnt be in this line of work. But sadly these hands are destined to wash dishes or fold laundry for the rest of my life," she joked to try and lighten the mood.

When he finally opened his eyes, her heart split in two at how tired and worn he looked. She wanted to curl up next to him and kiss away all his troubles, sooth away all his anger, and protect him from the world's harsh tracts to bring him down further. As he spoke she shook her head softly, "Dont be sorry, I understand you'd be upset, I mean I am myself, but only because his a coward who is baiting you and your former title."

Evy waited till he was a bit himself again and was about to remove her hand when his engulfed her's in a warm embrace. She held her breath at how big his was to her one hand, how smooth and rough they felt all at once. She was suddenly in her own little daydream of them being a couple and her comforting him as any good girlfriend would do. She would play with his hair and kiss his ear telling him that no matter what she would always be there. That Carceres could take anything he wanted from him but she would always be by his side. A warm fuzzy feeling grew inside her, but soon popped as his words caught up with them. "Oh... Sure! Then maybe I wont walk into a trap door or something...." she teased reluctantly pulling her hand from his, already missing the feeling of his powerful touch.

The tour was short but sweet. It was after all the home of a bachelor. Rooms were well designed - obviously an outside influence as he seemed to take little note of it - but only a few were really used. What was obviously meant to be an office had slowly become some kind of man cave complete with video games and home theater. A bedroom that could only be described as rumpled. A gym complete with hot tub and sauna. And about a half dozen other rooms he had not an idea of what to do with.

It was something of a recurring theme in his life.

"I know how to live don't I?" Gideon asked with bitter edged sarcasm like he was swallowing broken glass. His mood had soured with the interview on tv and grew worse as the pain of each step nagged at him. Never pointed at Evy though. It was a directionless bitterness. "A home most would kill for and I use 3 rooms. Seems a waste."

Evy was amazed at the home and all the luxuries that were inside. The man had a heated pool! And she would have never guessed he owned a home theater and was a little jealous that he had all ready had the new Deadpool movie to view at his own leisure. She would have to 'accidentally' press the play button and find some mess to make... find in there... She also noticed the untidiness in onlky three rooms and knew she had her work cut out for her but all and all would be clean in a matter of hours and up-keeping it would be cake. She smiled at some of the empty rooms and imaged herself living there with him. She shook her head and banished the idea, it was crazy to be thinking like that she just met him. Besides he probaly had a girlfriend, some hot playboy bunny or sports model, or even an actress. She covered her face and took a deep breath, she needed to get her shit together or this was going to be a lot harder then she thought.

Evy smiled as he commented on how he lived and gave a half hearten laugh, "I promise I havent seen anything like this before. The only good thing about my place is the five minutes of hot water in the shower..." she comment as she bent to look over his collect of books and dvds. She could hear the roughness in his voice and knew he was still a bit ticked about the tv still. She stood and turned to him, wondering how to get him out of his bad funk. It wasnt her job but she felt a knot in her chest for the pain he was feeling. "It does, but you can always change that." She moved to usher him into a chair hoping he would take a breather to rest his leg. She leaned over to pick up his discarded lunch and any other trash that needed to be tossed. "I mean its your house Gideon, you pay all this money for three rooms, thats crazy. What else do you want to do with it?" she asked as she moved to the kitchen to clean up. She washed dishes and piled up trash as she talked hoping she could lighten his mood. "I mean you have a ton of guest rooms, turn one into your office since your man cave seems to have eaten it. Or a stress room, you know one of those rooms you let out all that stress with a baseball bat and vases. Or a porn room, if that happens im going to need a hazard suit to clean in there." She stopped what she was doing and pointed at him with a serious face, "If you make one a red room of pain, from that 50 shades movie, this work relationship is over." She held in her giggles as long as she could till it peeked out till her whole face broke out into a hundred watt smile as she went back to work. "But like i said its up to you. Do something that will make you happy." She had never felt so comfortable like this with a man before, it was so easy to talk to him. She looked up and took in his gruff apprentice but could see that hard lines and sexiness that still appealed to her. She blinked and cleared her throat wondering how to ask this next question and not sound like she was a fan girl. "Gideon, just so know... Is anyone else living here or visits often? I mean i dont want to kick out your girlfriend or whatever I just need to be clear just in case i have to explain myself to your guests..." She twisted the dish towel in her hands till she cuoldnt feel her fingers. The silence drew on and she swallowed hard maybe this was another sore subject. 'Great job Evy, twice in one day. Your on a roll.' She shook her head and put on a half heart smile. "Never mind Gideon." She folded the towel down gently and moved toward his bedroom. "Im going to start laundry, if you need anything let me know." She ducked out quickly not meeting his eyes, a bit ashamed of herself for asking such a personal question. 'Stupid...' she told herself as she started to strip his bed and pick up articles of clothing string out around the room.

"Offices are for people who work. I don't do anything," Gideon said with a deep creased frown - Except sit and ache and bitch. - before it grew into a tight smile. "A rage room sounds fun though. Just a baseball bat and junk to hit with it. Might have to do that. But I think I'll skip the Red Room. Leather and chains was never my style."

What is my style anymore? he asked himself. It had been far too long since he'd had to have anything resembling a bedroom style. He wasn't sure anymore that he could even remember the last time he talked to a woman who wasn't a family member or employed by him in some fashion. The last party was even longer off.

"You don't have to worry about startling anyone. Most days it'll be just you and me. I don't get too many visitors these days. An injured fighter is like an injured race horse. Nobody comes to see them," the once champion said trying to make it sound like a joke and failing. "Nobody 'cept you now, I guess."

He said the last as Evy was trying to make something presentable out of his bedroom. None of it was anything he was comfortable with. Everything was off. Wrong. Not what it should be. He should have a belt and be prepping to prove that he deserved it - not limping around like a broken hermit crab huddling in it's shell. She should be a model or movie star and not some struggling woman needing to clean up after him to make ends meet. Everything was fucked up.

Gideon sighed, popped a couple vic, and left her to her work.

Months had passed and Evy turned Gideon's house into a home. Hot meals, clean clothes and towels, and the occasional company when she felt her was lonely. He had grown on her and she felt her heart warming every evening she spend with him. She even found herself growing on him. He cleaned up after himself and started to put his clothes in the hamper time to time. Talking with him was easier now and even cracking a joke or two to see him laugh was her mission everyday. She found herself wanting to stay then go back to her own lonely apartment. But she was always excited to pull into his drive. On her off days she found herself painting again. Mary was amazed at what the job had done to her best friend. As she looked over Evy's finished pieces. "Evy these are amazing. I love this one." She said as she stopped in front of the larger canvases. Evy smiled as she stood from her stool a smug of red paint on her cheek as she stood beside her friend. "I do too," she smiled at the picture, admiring the follow of colors and texture. "So what bring you and your brown blackmail bag this time...." she nodded to the pastier bag and coffee on the table. Mary elbowed her friend and rolled her eyes, "You love that job so dont give me crap about it," she huffed and took a sip of her coffee. "There's going to be a Halloween auction this week. I wanted to see if you would perhaps donate some of your artwork and come and talk art to the buyers." Evy raised an eyebrow. "Why is the MMA company hosting a auction party?" Mary shook her head, "Not mine Ted's gallery is," her fiance. "He had an artist drop out on him and I told him about your new projects and he was thrilled to put them in the show. Come on Evy, its for a good cause." Mary begged with her big blue eyes. Evy groaned and folded her legs into her big chair. "Fine, fine, take what you want." Mary yeahed and danced around before giving her best friend a big hug. "And youll come to the party? Is costume, so wear something sexy. I met my Ted at one of these things and no joke there are a ton of hot single guys at these things." Evy rolled her eyes and shook her head, "I dont have anything to dress as and besides i work that night." Mary waved her off, "Im sure Gideon can spare you tucking him in to let you go." Evy chewed her bottom lip in thought. "I dont know..." she would much rather spend her evening with Gideon then with a bunch of stuffed shirts who didnt know the first thing about art, besides the price tag. "Come on it will be fun and youll get to spend it with me..." she batted her lashes at Evy. Laughing she gave in to her friend, and was promise a costume for the party.

Gideon was in fact okay with her taking off early, though Evy still felt like she twisted his arm in doing so. It was the day of the party and she had cleaned the house twice over and had even set out a bowl of candy for Gideon to hand out to the kids who came by. But she had a funny feeling Gideon would eat the whole bowl of snickers before the kids even ventured out. "You sure youll be okay tonight?" She asked while she changed into what Mary had dropped off for her to wear. "I mean if you feel I need to stay I will, I mean its not like they..." she stopped mid sentence for a few moments. "Damn it Mary! I going to kick your ass, I swear to... What the Hell...Ughh!" A minute or two later she stormed out of the guest bathroom in a sexy little maid outfit. She pulled out her phone and dialed her best friend. She looked at Gideon and pointed a finger at him, "Not one word Giantslayer, not one word..." She paced the floor, her high heels clicking over the wood floor in time with the dial tone. The little dress was cute if not reveling, her bust was on full display the top button missing for some odd reason, the skirt stopped at the curve of her ass and showed off her long socking covered legs and guarder straps. A little white apron was tied in front and a feather duster tucked into the belt. "Voicemail, yeah you know you did wrong... Your super lucky your my best friend, because Ill be nice enough to pay for your gravestone when Im done with you!" She hung up and huffed looking down at herself. "Out of all the costumes to buy she got me this?" She looked up at Gideon and turned around in a circle, "I looked like a Halloween hooker. Do I look like a Halloween hooker?" Her eyes pleading for an answer. She still had a couple of minutes before the taxi showed up maybe she could buy another costume. But she would be late for the party and being one of the artists she couldn't be late. "Gideon I dont think I can do this, not wearing this, no one will take me seriously. It be like working at the bar again where they feel like if its on display, its ok to grab." She wasnt crying but the distress was in her voice as she wrung her hands over and over the short skirt, pulling it down only to pull it up to cover her chest. "Gideon I know this is way out of line and I work for you but could you come with me? Id feel a lot better if you were there..." She asked in a pleased voice. "I understand if you have big plans with the candy bowl but I promise Ill make it up to you, please Gideon..." she asked putting her hands together and pouting with her bottom lip.

The last couple of months had been good for Gideon. He hadn't realized how far he'd pulled into himself after the accident. How far away he'd pushed everything away. Evy had brought life into the house. Music, conversation, some basic care of the house so it didn't look like a bear lived in it, and more. To be honest he'd started to miss her not being there at night and looking forward to her being there during the day. He'd even started picking up after himself more. Gideon would say it was so he didn't feel bad about her cleaning up so much of his crap but he really just wanted her to have less to do so they could spend more time together.

Those same months had seen him return to the weight room. He'd never fully lost his old shape but it had gotten rough around the edges. A few months spent with weights had begun to show some results. Shirts a little tighter across the shoulders. Neck a little thicker. Stomach working itself slowly back into the slab of muscle it had been. With great care - and a decent amount of pain - he'd even started working his leg again. It would never be what it was but it could be better than it had become.

All in all things were looking solid. So when Evy had asked for the night off he had given it without a second thought. The way she overcompensated for leaving left a small smile on the once fighter's face. Cleaning the house twice was definitely unnecessary - he wasn't that messy - and the bowl of candy was just as unnecessary as no kids came out into the woods to trick or treat. Not that the snickers would go to waste. One benefit of no longer being an active fighter was that you could eat whatever you wanted. The diet was not a part of his old life that he missed.

"I'll be fine. Go have-" fun was what he meant to say when she let out the curse against Mary. He felt a smile tug at his lips. When she came out the smile melted into something significantly less amused and more interested. She might not have been happy with the way she looked but he had no complaints. Other than a small one about shifting in his seat to conceal how few complaints he had with the costume.

"Well... I definitely wouldn't say hooker. But dressing you up as a sexy maid is like dressing me up as an asshole with a cane. It's not a costume," Gideon said before realizing what he said and running his hand over his face. Smooth, Gideon. Real fucking smooth.

Her next words brought a jumble of reactions from him. Parties had never been his thing - too many people in too small a space - and the last couple of years had done little to change that. So the knee jerk response was to say no but that fell silent on his lips. The distress in her voice wrenched at him while the thought of strange men groping her brought a rush of jealousy boiling through his veins. The last was not expected.

"Don't worry. I won't let anyone molest you that you don't want to. I might not be much good in a cage but I'm more than good enough to fend off drunks at a party," Gideon said pushing himself to his feet with the aid of his cane. Despite a twinge of pain he flashed her a smile. "It'll be fun. I'll finally get to see some of your art, have a few drinks, and finally meet your friend Mary. Just let me change into something more appropriate."

Upstairs he took a moment looking through his closet. Party wear he still had but that wouldn't fit a Halloween party. Costumes were in short supply. But then a brief twisted grin split his face and he knew what to wear. When he came back downstairs he was wearing a pair of fight trunks, handwraps, a knee brace doing double duty as both brace and hiding the last bit of scar tissue, and one of his t-shirts that just read 'You're either David or you're Goliath'.

"What do you think? I think I pull the costume off well," Gideon said with a faintly self mocking tone but there was some genuine amusement in his eyes.

Evy could have kissed him, honestly she could have jumped into her sexy employer's lap and smothered him with hot opened mouthed kisses while grinning into the bulge he was trying to hide. Which would in turn either get her fired or all hot bothered the rest of the night. She saw the way his eyes lit up when she exited the guest bathroom and the shifting he was doing to hide what he thought of her costume. It made her feel a little sexy and in control in a way as she waited for him to get ready the taxi had showed up but she wasnt about to rush him till he felt comfortable. She worried her bottom lip, he looked so unsure when she asked she wondered if this was a good idea to pull him out of his element and come with her. On the other hand, she wanted to enjoy a night out with him, show off her work and met Mary and Ted. She always wondered what he would be like in a crowd, how he would react to people recognizing him and even the exchange of a fan if they saw one or forty. She smiled at his early words, he would make sure no laid a hand on her and in turn she would do the same. Even though no one came to the house she could only imagine the women who would die to be on the arm of Gideon the Giantslayer. She turned when she heard him coming down the stairs and nearly dropped her phone. Her eyes took their time grazing over Gideon, she knew he had started working out but Lord, it was almost like looking at him form before the accident. Fuck the party, they could make their own upstairs, she took a step toward him wanting her hands do what her eyes just did, and feel the hard muscles under her palms. The honking of the cab outside stopped her and she dropped her hand with a nervous laugh. "You look good," she cleared her throat, "Might have to stop a few drunkin pat downs myself." She smiled and retrieved her purse and coat. Oh no, what did she just invite Gideon into, she wondered. She didnt know if she was going to be able to keep her own hands to herself. She took a few breaths and mentally prepared herself for the rest of the night before she attacked her boss in his living room, "Ready?" she asked when she turned around.

The gallery was a three story building made of iron and glass deep in the heart of the city. To Evy it stood out like a sore thumb for robbers to easily steal works of art. Though they were in the richest area of the city and the police station was only a few feet away, Ted found it the perfect place to sell thousand dollar pieces of art. In all honesty she thought her painting would only sell for a few hundred, but then all the profit was going to children with disabilities who wanted to play sports. Mary invited a lot of the MMA fighters and some other athletes who lived in the city to the party, others were artists and founders for the charity. The turnout was good thought Evy as they walked into the gallery shaking hands with a few people and taking a pamphlet of the works on showcase. Trays of food and champagne floated around the room, a bar was set up in the back open to all. She smiled at Gideon and linked her arm with his, "I have to confess something..." she whispered as she snagged a bubbly glass off a tray, "Ive never been to one of these things before. So if it makes you feel better I have no idea what Im doing either." She took a sip, scrunched up her nose and swallowed, "I though this stuff was expensive because it tasted nice?" She returned it to a server’s tray and spotted Mary waving at them. “Oh my, Evy! How did you ever, Gideon welcome! I didn’t think you would be interested in coming.” She looked at Evy with a giddy little smile, “And you,” she whistled, “Now that is a costume.” Evy gave her the bird as Ted came up behind his so to be wife. “Hey Evy, glad you made it.” He stuck out his hand to Gideon, “Hello, I know you must get this a lot but Im such a big fan, Ted Steal.” He turned to Mary and put his arm around her waist. “I must say Im so glad Mary asked you to put in your work, Evy. People are going crazy for the large piece you donated, ‘Champion’ I believe it is called.” Evy’s eyes lit up and she gave a shy smile. “Really?” Ted nodded and pulled out his phone to check the auction numbers. “Right now, it’s at $75,000. I people are asking for you contact for commissions.” Evy’s face turned a few shades darker as she looked at Gideon, Mary and Ted. Mary put a hand on her friend’s shoulder. “Don’t worry we have kept your name anonymous so don’t feel pressured.” Evy thanked her as Ted took Mary’s arm, “We should go and mingle, love. You two look around and enjoy yourselves.” Evy nodded and looked at Gideon. “Well let’s take a look around and see if we can find a good beer in this place.” She was a bit rattled but in a good way that she was getting such big feedback from her artwork.

The gallery was much like the other galleries he'd been to in other cities. Big, flashy, and modern. A place for rich people to gather and celebrate the fact that they were rich by buying artwork that most of them were too boorish to understand. Full of people drinking too much, talking too loud, and trying far too hard to be your friend. A throng of fake people who couldn't survive a food fight. The only real thing at most of the showings was the art. It was the kind of place that got Gideon's hackles up. But tonight he had two things that distracted him. The first being that it was a charity auction so the gathering was at least useful and the second being Evy on his arm.

The second helped more than the first.

He laughed at her confession - and her question - and said, "Don't worry. I've actually been to a few of these before. Other charity auctions for the most part - Martin loves these for PR - but a few were for me. Picked up an original Frazetta at one. That was nice. So if you don't what to do just stick close and follow my lead."

"To be honest I've always had a passion for fantasy art of all stripes. Enough of one that Martin had told me to take up painting after the injury but there was one tiny problem. I don't have a lick of artistic talent. Not a jot. My attempts looked more like the finger paints of an epileptic gibbon than any serious attempt at art. Just painful," Gideon said with a rueful shake of his head as Mary spotted them and headed towards them.

"Pleased to meet you, Mary," he said taking in her rapid fire sentences with a bemused look. His tone was light. Joking. Actually enjoying himself. "I wasn't intending to come but after seeing Evy's costume it seemed cruel to send her to a party without a bodyguard. Like throwing steak to starving dogs. What kind of man would I be to allow that?"

In order to shake Ted's hand he rested his cane against his hip and did a little awkward balancing act as he gripped his offered hand firmly. It might have been awkward but the fierce grin he gave was genuine. Between the costume, the work he'd done, and the grin he almost looked like he had before the accident. It was the closest he'd come to being normal in a long time as he said, "I don't get it as much as I used to, Ted, but I always appreciate meeting a fan."

The news about Evy's painting brought a smile to his face. He'd heard in small bits and pieces about her work but he'd never seen any of it. It was something he'd been meaning to rectify and if the auction prices were any indication it was something he needed to do so quickly. The look on her face made him laugh and the request only made that stronger.

"You need something better than beer," Gideon said guiding her towards the bar. "Beer is for unwinding after a hard day or shitty parties. Not celebrating your first big art sell. You need something top shelf for that. After I won the belt Martin and I split a bottle of absinthe and... I don't actually remember what happened the rest of the night. Tough drink absinthe."

Eve was a little shocked and embarrassed to say the least when he said he had been to these opening before, and she was an artist. “So your saying Ive been dusting an original Frazetta all these month? I thought the thing was a knock off. Glad my art teacher isn’t here to witness all this.” She joked. She cocked an eyebrow at him and gave a cheeky little grin, “Well then it’s a good thing for me that you dumped your date with the tv remote for me,” she teased. She looped her arm through his, more for his befits then her own, she wanted to make this as painful as possibly. She leaned in close to his ear, so no one else could hear her, but took the advantage of savoring the husky cologne he was wearing. “If you need to rest and sit down let me know.” She moved away and patted his arm in a gentle gesture. Something else caught her nose and she turned as a tray was presented to her by a waiter. She smiled and started to pick one, when he told her what the dish was. Her fingers recoiled and she cleared her throat before she gagged in public. “Sorry Im… vegan.” Giddon would know this to be a lie. She’d eat Ben and Jerrys every night if she knew it wouldnt end up going to her ass. She turned to him and gave him a look of, ‘Don’t’.

They kept a slow pace. Eve listened to Giddon retell how he tried to paint and she laughed in good naturally at him. “As long as you have the passion, that’s all you need. Art is different for everyone. Sometimes a simple line has a deep meaning. A color could be an emotion. The strokes and median a way of relaying a message. Its us as viewers to interrupt that message through their art. Sometimes people relate their own life experience through the piece. The message may be different for everyone but as long as there is a message.” She smiled and winked at him as Mary and Ted approached and left.

Eve laughed as she followed him to the bar, “Ill have you know, thank you,” he helped her up on the tall bar stool, “That I attended a lot of those shitty parties and still had a good time drinking beer.” The bartender looked at them both and asked what they would like. “Two Absinthes please.” With a nod he started to perp their drink. She turned back to Giddon, “Before this stuff hits me, Ill try and remember to show you my work, though if you ask me any questions about why I did it I may give you some pretty crazy answers.” She moved a disobeyed red lock of hair behind her ear, “Mary said one time I got so wasted I stared stripping to lady gag on a poker table.” She laughed at the memory, “No before you make it into a sexy scene, keep in mind in three sheets to the wind and throwing poker chips at people not too nicely I might add.” The bartender then set the two glasses before them and Eve’s eyes widened. “Uh what the hell is that?” The guy looked at her with a funny look, “You asked for Absinthes right? Well that’s it.” He moved over to help a couple who came up to the bar. “That’s not a drink that’s a jack ass accident waiting to happen.” She watched the blue fire melt the white cube and turned to Giddon with a surprised and uneasy expression.

"Don't get me wrong. Shitty parties have their place and that place is mindless entertainment on a Saturday night when you have nothing else to do," Gideon said wearinga grin as he helped her up onto the stool. On his own he just kind of did a push up on the bar and settled himself down. It looked like long practice. He just kind of leaned on the bar and looked at her. "Celebrations though... those just require something better than what you'd use for beer pong and games of 'I Never'. And - as a piece of advice - never play 'I Never' with a reporter in the room. Not that I've ever made that mistake personally... more than once."

That had been an interesting night. A bus full of fighters, coaches, managers, and a single reporter all blithering drunk spilling every secret they had because of the decision to play "I Never" with a bottle of tequila. Lots of laughs till the next morning when the hangover set in and they remembered the reporter. The cold sober light of day was not a fun time. Thankfully the reporter had been a little man with little tolerance for alcohol and all he could manage to do the next day was pray at the altar of the porcelain gods. No matter what he felt it was better that way. And that's why he'd banned drinking on the bus.

"Every artist sounds crazy when they give honest answers. That's true from painters to sculptors to martial artists. We all sound crazy when someone asks us why we do what we do," Gideon said sounding almost philosophical for a moment. It wasn't a common occurrence. Her next words wiped away any solemnity on his part though as his mind brought a very vivid image to life. It was an invigorating image - no matter how she tried to downplay it but he just nodded, shifted on his stool, and desperately latched onto a new subject that didn't make him feel like a high school kid trying to hide an erection in front of the class. "Don't worry about it. The absinthe is strong but it's not going to get you wasted on a single glass. You will feel it though. It's potent. Tastes like licorice."

To lead the way he took a drink of the absinthe. It was strong and smooth and just slightly bitter. Not taste of alcohol to it. It was one of few liquors he actively enjoyed drinking. It wasn't a drink to have and get rowdy. It was for relaxing and unwinding. He needed a good bottle for the house. Something for him to drink as he sat in the hot tub. Maybe she'd enjoy that too...

"You know, Evy, I've been thinking about something," Gideon said shaking away the images in his head and focusing on her. Well focusing on the real her and not the vision his mind kept bringing up. He kept his voice deliberately light as if he wasn't talking about making part of his home hers. "Your art is really important to you and I can't imagine you get a whole lot of time to work on it with as much as you're at my place. So I was thinking about converting one of the extra rooms into a painting room. Give you a place to paint there when the mood strikes you. How does that sound?"

Evy grinned at Gideon, listened to him, “I cant say I haven’t done the same. Common sense tends to fly on the window once Im drunk.” She giggled at his story and could picture Gideon telling Everyone his life story in a drunken stupor. “If we ever play I promise not to sell your secrets, too cheaply.” She joked as she turned to glass a bit, watching the flame dance. She turned her head as he spoke and her eyes shimmered when she heard his voice and how wise he sounded. “I think Im rubbing off on you…” she sang and watched him tip the glass back and drink. She screwed up her nose and looked at her own glass. Took a deep breath and followed suit. It was different. He was right it did taste like licorice, but had smooth finish that melted into her stomach. “Mmm not bad…” She set the glass aside and looked out over the crowd and just watched as they moved from piece to piece. She was feeling a lot more relaxed now and not so jiggery as she was before. It was nice to have Gideon here. She had nEvyr seen him leave the house before and to be honest she was happy that he had come with her. The past few months she had grown to really care for him. And now with him coming to her show it almost felt like a…

Gideon’s soft voice broke her train of thought and she turned to face him again. A bit of fear crept up her spine as he seemed to want to ask her something, was he about to fire her? Did he not need her anymore? She could see he was trying to be as gentle as posable with her as he could. Her hands shook and she clapped them in her lap. At first she was about to protest about her art. She was just fine painting on the weekends when she had time off. Besides she loved spending time with him and making sure he was taken care of. But then the rest of his statement hit her. Her eyes grew big and for some reason she forgot how to talk. She was speechless. “But Gideon… I don’t, I mean, Wow..” She smiled and laughed, a blush crossing over her cheeks. “Are you sure about that Gideon? Id hate to be paid for painting when I should be looking after the house and all.” She couldn’t hide the excitement in her voice. “But I do love the idea, thank you.”

Mary was soon next to her and waved to them both. “Hello, how are we doing tonight?” Mary gave Evy a look and smiled. “Since you two are in such high spirits, Evy should show you her painting before they are sold off.” Evy’s smile faltered a bit as she turned from her best friend to him. “There’s no rush, were having a good time…” Mary ignore her and turned to Gideon. “This is her modesty speaking. I urge you to go and see it, no demand, because she will keep you at this bar all night, the scary cat.” Evy glared at her friend. “Why are we friends again?” Mary grinned and tapped her cheek, “Were not were sisters.” With that she was gone milling into the crowd. Evy sighed and looked to Gideon chew her bottom lip, a nervous tick. “I guess she is right.” She hopped from the stool and smoothed the short dress back into place. She again looped her arm into his as they made their way into the gallery.

They took their time and admired a few pieces, Evy comments on a couple, explaining how well the artist used texture and color. She Even put a bid on one, knowing her two hundred dollars wouldn’t win, but said it would look great in her new studio at his house. Soon they were coming to the end of the show and even slowed her pace, her grip on his arm tightening a fraction. The first few where of places in different times of day and seasons. But once you looked closer you could see they were painted over cuts of photos that still made the same picture. The others were the same, some people and other popular places here in the city. Evy gauged his face her eyes darting to the painting and back to him. It wasn’t a Frazetta, but she really wanted to know what he thought. Soon they approached a crowd of people hoovering around a larger piece. The Canvas was a good six feet tall and even behind the masses they could still see her artwork. It was a black and white of Gideon in his home gym training. She had sketched him over and over again till she finally had the right pose to use. She wondered if he even noticed her sitting in the doorway drawing him, so focused he was. She turned back to the wall, his body was a million tiny phots of each winning fight. While the punching bag was all his losses. She had brushed over the pictures but they were still visible through the thin paint. The overall picture was black and white but there were specks of red on his knuckles and the presence of sweat on his brow. It took her months to finish this piece, she poured so much money and time getting Evyry photo the way she wanted it and softening his form. She was too scared to ever tell him what she had painted, but now looking at him now she wondered if she should have. “Well? Am I fired?” she asked trying to break the tension.

"It'll give you something to do in the down time. Even I'm not messy enough to keep you working all the time," Gideon said laughing as he finished his absinthe. The warm glow was already there in his stomach. Relaxing away tensions he hadn't even noticed. Tensions he'd come to experience so often that he never realized they were there. The anxiety of his first real public appearance in years one of them. The drink helped but Evy's presence helped more. Made him feel almost normal again. "I'll talk to Martin about it tomorrow. It'll be ready by the end of the week."

Then Hurricane Mary blew in, fired off an impressive number of sentences in a short period, and blew off. He wasn't quite used to that anymore. When he'd been a champion there had been a tide of people around him from the time he got up to the time he went to bed. Ebbing and flowing with media appearances, training, and the fights themselves. But the last couple years? They'd been quiet. At least until Evy came along and brought with her some semblance of an actual life. It was an ongoing adjustment.

But some adjustments were easy. Walking arm in arm with a beautiful woman through a gallery was one of them. It was easy. Fun. Felt like a date. He found he truly enjoyed talking about art with her - watching her face light up as she spoke about it. Hearing the passion in her voice. It reminded him of a time when he'd been passionate. Then he saw the picture. It was his life laid out before him. Every battle... every struggle... every moment of sweat and blood that made him who he was. A road map detailing the course of his life presented in damn near life size black and white. It was spectacular.

"Fired? No... not at all," Gideon said softly. His eyes were bright and wet as he turned to look at her. Over the last several months she had seen him angry and amused and irritated and even a few rare moments of happiness but he'd alway been guarded. His emotions carefully controlled. But now he was vulnerable. Human in a way he never was. "It's beautiful, Evy. I don't know what about me could inspire that kind of beauty but thank you."

Evy blushed and glow coming over her as she turned to look at the huge self portrait of her employer, “I want everyone to see the great man that I see every day. The one that struggles but doesn’t give up without a fight. A man who pours blood, sweat and tears into his passion and doesn’t let what life dealt him make him weak. His determined and strong. But is also human. He had dreams and ambitions. His my Champion.” She looked back at Gideon, her hand squeezed his arm gently as her eyes sparkled in the dim light. It felt good to final tell him, or show him, what she felt when she saw him fight or train every day. What it meant to her when she saw him push through the everyday pains of his leg. Why she put up with his tempers or his depressions. In a way he helped her too. He showed her even with the loss of her family she still had to keep going. With every lost job or rejected painting, she had to still keep fighting. She looked over his face, the deep vivid shades that made up his green eyes, the hard edges of his cheekbones and chin that softened when he smiled or laughed. The slop of his more than once broken nose and the fullness of his parted lips. Her own lips parted as she took a slow inhale of air. Her heat was racing in her chest and the butterflies in the stomach were soon fluttering down to her panties and making her tighten her thighs together. She had been dodging and avoiding these types of feelings for him for months, unsure of how he felt for her. But now with him making a room, literally, for her in his home she wondered if he would do the same for his heart. Her eyes slowly traveled back up to his, as she moved in closer, hesitantly. She gradually stepped up on her tiptoes her lids fluttering closed as her lips ghosted over his for a kiss….

“There you are!” Evy jumped back and whirled to see Mary linking arms with Ted who held a tray of glasses filled with amber liquor. Mary had a sly grin on her face as if she were a cat that caught a mouse. Evy didn’t share the same look, but was turning as red as her hair. Ted looked to bust at the steams with excitement, “So I’d like to announce the success of our new artist, Evelyn Gray. Thank you Evy, your works have pulled so much money for this foundation. Id be honored for you to continue to provide more pieces to our gallery in the future.” Ted said. Mary smacked his shoulder, “I told you she was good! Didn’t I? She just needed the right motivation,” she said while looking at Gideon. If Evy wasn’t in public she would have tossed the blonde to the floor like she did when they were kids. Mary only winked and cuddled up to her soon to be husband. “A toast!” Ted interjected handing the glasses of top shelf whiskey, Evy’s personal favorite. They clinked glasses and drank and Evy felt a well of pride at what Ted had said. Finally, a gallery who would display her work, maybe even purchased. She felt the alcohol relax her as they started to talk about art, MMA, and other mundane things that they all found interesting.

It had been a wonderful night, Evy mused. Drinking shots, with the occasional absinth, laughing at Gideon’s MMA stories, Mary’s confession about her fiancé’s parents, and having a great time all around. Evy couldn’t remember seeing Gideon smile and laugh so much since she knew him. Now they were in the back on the cab on their way to her apartment. She insisted she could make it on her own, but when Ted caught her from toppling head first into the waiting cab Mary asked if Gideon would take her home. “I don’t like the people, or the neighborhood she lives at,” her best friend confessed. Evy was now curled up next to him, eyes closed and a plastered smile on her face. She wasn’t drunk, just a little buzzed was all. She nestled closer to him enjoying the smooth ride in the back of the cab. “Thank you for coming Gideon. I had a wonderful time,” she interrupted the silence. The need to lean in and continue their kiss was on the forefront of her mind. But she didn’t want to ruin the moment they were having and settled her head on his shoulder instead. Suddenly the cab stopped to an abrupt halt and an officer approached the window. Yellow caution tape was wrapped around the worn down apartment complex that looked like a trap house. The cab driver rolled down his window and asked, “Whats going on? Drug bust?” The officer tipped his hat, ‘That and there was a gas leak and everyone is being evacuated as well as being evicted. Place is condemned, don’t know how the tents lived in this hell hole…” Someone was trying to cross the tape and the office yelled and paying them a good night and went to pulled the man back from the tape. The cabbie looked at Gideon with a questioning glace in the mirror, “Well, then where too boss?”

Gideon never had the chance to respond to her admission shocked and then interrupted by Mary. His mind whirling as they drank and told stories with Mary and Ted. In truth he had no idea how to react. After the injury he'd given up. Gone into seclusion. Hid from the world and all the sympathy and wellwishers and interviews. He had no plans. No dreams left to pursue. No ambition left in him. Barely took care of himself till she came along. She was why he'd started acting like a human again. Started taking care of himself - even forcing himself to work through the pain of his leg. All because he didn't want to disappoint her. Not many people had ever treated him like she did and he didn't want to ruin that. Is that what a champion was? Someone who just didn't want to disappoint one of the few people who didn't treat him like a crippled race horse?

It was a question he had no answer for by the time they were in the cab and the ride to her place had been taken up by the pleasentness of her curled up next to him. His thoughts were finally winding down when she interrupted the silence. He gave her a genuine smile and said, "Thank you for bringing me. I've spent too much time holed up in that house. And thank you for -"

What he was about to say was lost as they came upon the apartment building. He listened to the cop but stared at the neighborhood. This wasn't the kind of place he would have felt safe walking in before the injury. This was a neighborhood for addicts and gangbangers and the hopeless. Evy didn't belong here. So when the cabbie asked Gideon gave his address without hesitation.

"Apparently you're staying with me for a while, Evy. I hope you don't mind," he said trying to make a joke of it but there was something in his voice. Too many emotions to be easily dechipered.

Evy wasn’t aware of anything outside the cab and nodded her head in agreement to what Gideon had said, as long as she got to stay curled up next to him for a few minutes more, oblivious to the fact that she was now homeless. So warm and solid he was, she thought, she would have figured men with muscles like his would be hard and boney to cuddle with, not Gideon. Her soft curves melted into his as if they were two lost puzzle pieces finally put together. She dozed in and out of sleep as they made their way to Gideon’s home and came awake when the cab came to a complete stop. She moved her head up and her hooded eyes took in the soft glow of his porch lights of his front door. She had never stayed over at Gideon’s before but she was a bit excited to do so now, wait why was she staying at his again? Her head was a jumbled mess of booze and sleep, but she was able to manage making it to the door. She then forgot to pay the driver but saw that the cab had already driven off. “He forgot his tip…” she said in a sleepy voice and a jaw cracking yawn. Once the door was open did she stumble inside and kicked off her heels, stupid torture devices they were. She staggered to the couch and fell into the cushions with a sigh. “I love this couch…” she said on a whim and giggled to herself. “Only because it smells like you…” She opened her eyes and smiled at him unaware that her dress and ridden up and she was flashing a lot of leg and bit of panties to her boss. She sat up and tittered to the kitchen and rummage to find the potato chips to snack on since the food at the gallery sucked… She hopped on the counter, again displaying her lacy panties as she began to munch on her salty find. She looked like a drunk teenager and she smiled and waved Gideon to enter, offering to feed him a chip. “I know you want it…” she said not knowing the double meaning behind what she was saying. She popped the wafer between her lips and moaned in delight. She smiled and coaxed him closer with her finger. Once he was in front of her did she feed him a chip, tracing her fingertip over his bottom lip. Evy licked her own lips as she realized he was between her spread legs and nose to nose with her boss she had been crushing on for months. She let her hand drop between them as she stared into his eyes that she could fall into for hours. The whole house was quite beside the thumping in her chest and the ragged breath. Her head was spinning to what to do till finally she threw caution to the wind and kissed him. It was a soft kiss at first to see if he would push her away, but she could tell she caught him off guard and moved her mouth and tongue. Her legs automatically wrapped around his middle as her arms tangled into his hair. Her whole body was on fire and she couldn’t seem to touch enough of him. She mewed softly and moved her hands back and under his shirt. The ripples of hard muscle and warm skin had her purring. She wanted to touch more of him but a sudden thought accured to her and she broke away. “Im sorry. Im so sorry Gideon. I get a little handy when Im drunk, if this isn’t what you want. I meant I like you, a lot ,and I just want to know…” her voice dropped as she watched him. God he was handsome standing there with her red lipstick smeared over his face and hair rumpled. She tried to finish her though but couldn’t get her mind on track.

The ride was long. It should have been awkward but having her curled up against him was relaxing. Comfortable. Easing away tensions he hadn't even realized he still carried. Doing more to get him loose than the drinks had. Gave him time to actually take a moment and examine his feelings for Evy. Introspection had never come naturally to Gideon. He had two modes most days - action and brooding - and relationships were not his specialty. He thrived on conflict. Fed on testing himself. Neither had ever lent themselves well to anything healthy but these past few months had been different. Peaceful and pleasant. And it was all thanks to her. She was always there and smiling and helpful. More than was honestly necessary for the job. At least that is what he'd hoped.

But tonight? The picture she'd made... what else could he think?

He was still deep in thought when they stumbled into the house - too many drinks and a cane were not a good combination for graceful movement - and quickly found his ability to think clearly demolished by her careless flashing. Some part of him said that she was drunk and unaware. That he shouldn't stare but he couldn't bring himself to look away. Evy was the most beautiful women he'd ever seen in person and she was right when she said I know you want it for all the wrong reasons. The chip she fed him could have been the best he'd ever had and he wouldn't have noticed. Even the pain of his leg was forgotten when she kissed him. The feel of her legs around his waist drew a groan from his lips - and then she broke away.

"You... don't have to apologize," Gideon finally said breathing heavy standing still between her legs his hands propped upon the counter. A lot of things were running through his head. Doubts and fears and other thinsg less identifiable but mostly the urge to kiss her was there. The desire to just lean back in and press his lips to hers - and before he realized that's exactly what he was doing.

Evy’s eyes darted over his face as he told her that she didn’t have to apologize, not moving away from her as he said it. God damn the man was sexy, crippled leg and all, that fine ass grin he wore had her toes curled every time. He had her caged on top of the counter, unable to move away, but she didn’t feel crowed or trapped, but safe and protected almost. She watched his eyes and could see that he was running over a lot of things in his head but he was leaning in towards her. Her whole body sang as his lips covered hers again and she couldn’t hush the moan of delight to have him press against her. She knew this was probably a bad and drunk idea, but she had been celibate for over a year and having to work for a man candy like Gideon was the closes thing to sexual torture she ever had to endure. She weaved her finger through his soft hair and down his toned neck, kneading the muscles there as her hands continued to explore him. She had edged herself closer to him, locking her ankles behind his torso. Her costume had ridden up higher displaying plump pale thighs and soaked lacy knickers. Fuck, she wanted to touch more of him, she broke the kiss and stripped him of his shirt in two seconds. If she wasn’t turned on before she was now, sketching and painting him topless was nothing to seeing him up close and able to touch every detailed edge of his chest and stomach. Her breathing was ragged as her eyes finally met his. She could only image the mess she looked frizzy hair, smeared makeup and rumbled clothes, half naked on his kitchen counter, but the look he gave her made her feel as if she were the sexiest woman alive and it empowered her. Without looking away she undid the apron and zipper of the dress and discarded it to the floor. Naked in only her bra and panties, she felt a bit shy but didn’t hide her body from him. Instead she moved in closer and assaulted is mouth with her, thrusting her tongue and nipping his bottom lip. Her pussy ached and hummed for him and she didn’t want to rush something, but the need to have him touch her was fraying her nervous. Tensely she slid her hand lower down his body, passed his abs and navel till her fingers hovered over his groin. She slowly grasped the thick member, excited over how hot and hard he was, and started to rub him through his shorts. She was careful, waiting for him to remove her hand or any sign for her to continue to pleasure him.

Her grasp through the thin fabric of his shorts drew a ragged, groan from his lips. It had quite literally been years since a woman had touched him like this - years since he had allowed himself to be this close to anyone. Years since he had craved anyone's touch like this. Without thinking he pushed himself into her grip enjoying the sensations rippling through his groin. It was lightning running through him. Intense. Electric. Pent up need taking over and erasing any doubts he may have had. He drove his mouth against hers hungrily. Pressed his body against hers and wrapped his arms around her running his hands over her back. With surprising ease he undid the strap of her bra and leaned back long enough to strip it off of her before kissing her again. Now it was skin to skin. Chest to breast. He ached and burned in turns for her. Slowly he worked his hands down her back and slipped his hands beneath the fabric of her panties to girp the soft flesh beneath. Gideon wanted to just rip them off and take her here. In other days he might have done so but even now pain beat at him through the haze of lust. A growing heat in his leg. An ache wanting to sear into him and growing more eager to do so with every passing moment. It was enough to dig through the instincts guiding him. Enough to return some semblance of thought.

He broke the kiss, gave her a grin, and said, "Not that this isn't romantic but how about a bed? Or the couch? I'm not picky but standing and delivering isn't gonna be my best performance."

Evy smiled in the kiss as she herd Gideon's approval and the girth in his shorts grow hard in her hand. He touched her like he was starving for her yet wanted to savor every kiss and caress of her heated skin. His hands were rough but gentle as they explored her back and hips, she had dreamt of him touching her like this, but now that she was living it she never wanted to go without his hands on her again. She felt the clips of her bra fall away and giggled at how quick he had disrobed her, 'Must have had a lot of practice doing that...' The though unnerved her but when he pulled back to remove the scrap of lace, she could see he only had eyes for her. In the months that she had worked for him the only women to come to the house was her and Mary to pick her up if a ride wasnt available. Her breasts swelled and her nipples were rosy and pebbled with anticipation to be touched. When his chest met hers, the friction of skin on skin contact nearly had her come off the counter. He was so big against her, dwarfing her in sheer size alone, bu they fit perfectly together as if she were made for him alone. His mouth had her mesmerized, with every lap of his wicked tongue she could feel her clit pulse as his hot mouth was there teasing her. She moved her hand in time with their kiss, making sure to give the head of his shaft extra attention when his erection rubbed against her wet and achy nub through her panties. A jolt of pleasure sizzle through her when Gideon's hands gripped her ass pulling a needy whine while they kissed. God he was addictive drug she couldn't come off of. His touch alone made her hot and needy, ever since she had started working for him, she had to consistently control her urges to jump into his lap naked. Though with how he was touching her now, she thought perhaps he may have liked to see her cleaning around the house, naked for him. But now they were here and she was still unsure where they stood, but pushed it from her mind to deal with later once they were both satisfied.

She didnt want it to stop, she prayed that he never stopped, but he soon pulled away and she shivered at the lack of warmth he took from her. She released his shaft and crossed her arms over her forearms to keep the chill away peering up at him with big soft gray eyes. She was in a bit of a daze, the buzz from drinking still flowing through her. She first thought was he was having second thoughts or even to say this wasnt doing it for him, but that cork of his lips, melted all her thoughts into a puddle of nothing. When he asked to move to the couch or bed, Evy felt like a ton of bricks hit her. "Oh God, Gideon why didnt you say something earlier?" She shook her head, her fiery red hair hiding her smile and blush. She pushed off the counter, her sexy slim body sliding down his and moved away. She looked over her shoulder and winked as she made her way to the upstairs bedroom. She stopped at the first step and hooked her thumbs through her panties and bent to remove them. She made the movement slow as possible, though it was only a few seconds. She smiled as stepped out of the wet lace, showcasing her perk ass for her employer. After bending over for a few seconds more then necessary did she stand and hooked them on the banister. She glanced at him over her shoulder then made her way up the stairs, her ass and hips swaying with each step till she disappeared into the shadows of the second story.

Evy was laying on Gideon's huge bed, knees up and legs spread for him to see how wet and ready she was for him. Her arms were spread and hands running over the cool sheets. Her eyes were closed and hair fanned above her head. The large window provide enough moonlight to make out every detail of her body, right down to the tiny thatch of red between her thighs. She was cooing as a shy smile spread over her face. Her heart was hammering in her chest at the thought of Gideon coming for her, finding her invading his personal space, and joining her. She didnt have to open her eyes to know he was there, she could feel his presents. Something she had picked up while working with him and found to be a comfort for her at times. "Ive dreamt of laying in this bed so many times..." she confessed and slowly pulled herself up on her elbows, "But in my dreams I was never alone..." her breathing was becoming ragged and she wanted him to touch her again, she needed him against her. "Gideon..." she whispered his name, a plea for him to not to turn back, to not leave her alone, to show her at lest one night of passion that she had been wanting since she laid eyes on him at her first match.

Gideon's eyes had been glued to her as she made her way to the stairs and his attention was reward when Evy bent over and oh so slowly slid her panties down her legs. It felt like a fever rolled over him as he watched her watch him as she straightened and slipped her panties onto the bannister. Heat flushing from one end of him to the other with every step she took up those stairs until she disappeared at the top of the stairwell. Quick, hobbled steps carried him to where she had put on the show and with one trembling lifted the wet lace she had left there to his face. That smell - her smell - filled his nose and set his blood to pumping. When he sat it back down he felt himself hard and ready. Harder than he had been in a long time. Maybe than he had ever been. Felt like steel jutting from the tight muscles of his groin starining against the cloth. Leaning his cane against the railing he repeated - in a far less graceful and sensual manner - to remove his shorts and underwear kicking them aside. He paused at the knee brace knowing what it covered before unbuckling it and letting it fall to the ground before following her up the stairs.

The sight of her eager and ready on his bed brought him to a stop. He'd dreamt more than a few times of this moment. Of her naked and willing in all the splendor that his mind could conjure - and now he found that he had not even been close. She was perfect in ways that he had not known a woman could be perfect. Sensual and alluring and needing him in a way no one else ever had. Pleading for him to come to her.

"Evy," he said stepping gingerly into the moonlight almost shyly as his cane hit the carpet. Gideon was not a classically handsome man. He would never have been a leading man in Hollywood nor graced the cover of any magazine not devoted to fighting. No one would ever accuse him of being a model but there was a strength to the high cheekboned face. It was the face of a warrior. Broad and strong like the rest of him. Slabs of muscle stretched over a barrel chest. It was the body of a working man rather than a body builder. A body hard and ready for her but it was below there that the source of his shyness could be seen. His right leg from hip to knee was a mass of scar tissue. Some from surgeries attempting to repair the damaged tissue and other from where bone had broken the skin.

After a moment he kept coming limping his way across his bedroom to crawl gratefully and excitedly onto his bed. Their bed for this night. He slid close to her till his lips were inches from her own and said, "You're not the only one to have that dream." And when he finished he could help himself no long and pressed himself against her skin to skin. His lips against hers. His arms wrapped about her drawing her close. Losing himself in the feel of her again with nothing to break him free of it.

Back
Top Bottom