Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Telling Stories Together (Seeking F for Fun)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi.

I want to tell stories. In PM, IM, threads, or even by smoke-signals. Like every other post on this forum I'm after an intelligent, witty, engaging writing partner.

Having had a chance to lurk here for a wee while, I'm getting a clearer idea of what I want - I want to tell stories. I don't have a fixed idea of the kind of pairings I want. To me, stories are kind of like a dance: you need two to tango (and an orchestra, and probably a rose too). So I think about stories like dancing.

But first a brief tangent. Oddly, I also think about stories as I do about food. Stories are the main course, and the smut is like spicy sauce. I'm here because I like spicy food, not because I want to drink a bottle of hot-sauce.

But back to the dancing. I think in terms of genres:
  • Drama! In the sense of plot rather than of llamas.
  • Science-fiction! from Star Trek to Star Wars, by way of Mass Effect through to the Expanse. From Hard Sci-Fi to Space Opera, I'm there.
  • Swashbuckling! Pirates are always fun. Ships, adventure, drama, excitement, and corsetry. Think Pirates of the Caribbean, Hornblower, 7th Sea, Black Sails, and so on. Musketeers are also good if you'd rather follow more landward pursuits.
  • I'm also a fan of post-apocalypse-type stories. Survival in the graveyard of the civilisation that came before us. Fallout, Rifts, Mad Max.
  • I'm a big fan of cyberpunk - the style-over-substance kind of setting in which the line between human and machine is blurred. Think Shadowrun, the Matrix, Neuromancer, Altered Carbon, and of course bladerunner.
  • I like supernatural-type stories - vampires and werewolves, fallen angels. But more in the tradition of Anne Rice than sparkly necrophilia. There's something engaging about stories of personal, gothic horror.
  • Fantasy, but more at the low-end. So more Game of Thrones than Forgotten Realms. Conan is a good example.

I also have a thread elsewhere on this forum for more system-based pen-and-paper games if that's your thing.

For me, RP was always about sitting around a table with friends, telling our stories. So I'm kind of new to the idea of playing canon-characters. I can do it, but I'm a wee bit nervous about my ability to deliver the exact-same interpretation that you have about, say, Picard.

I don't have an F-List. But that's because I think kinks and sensuality are a matter of dialogue and discussion. F-list and the like feel too much to me like a shopping list: "Hi. I'd like 30kg of anal with a side-order of busty." My own views are fairly negotiable. If you have one, I'd love to read it. I see them as shopping lists and indicators, rather than hard-and-fast rules.

Send me a PM. Tell me your ideas. We can work out something wonderful.

Now, have a fantastic Thursday.

MT.

This is not a bump.

I am by nature a GM-type when it comes to stories. World-building, interaction, and so on are what makes me want to tell tales after all.

To my mind, in a place like this, words are what makes something hot. Elegant, eloquent prose is what I aim for; words are the only tools we really have here, and I hope to use them well.

Enough rambling from me for one day. Have a wonderful Wednesday.

mystictiger said:
Hi.

I want to tell stories. In PM, IM, threads, or even by smoke-signals. Like every other post on this forum I'm after an intelligent, witty, engaging writing partner.

Having had a chance to lurk here for a wee while, I'm getting a clearer idea of what I want - I want to tell stories. I don't have a fixed idea of the kind of pairings I want. To me, stories are kind of like a dance: you need two to tango (and an orchestra, and probably a rose too). So I think about stories like dancing.

But first a brief tangent. Oddly, I also think about stories as I do about food. Stories are the main course, and the smut is like spicy sauce. I'm here because I like spicy food, not because I want to drink a bottle of hot-sauce.

But back to the dancing. I think in terms of genres:

Pirates are always fun. Ships, adventure, drama, excitement, and corsetry. Think Pirates of the Caribbean, Hornblower, 7th Sea, Black Sails, and so on.

I'm also a fan of post-apocalypse-type stories. Survival in the graveyard of the civilisation that came before us. Fallout, Rifts, Mad Max.

I'm a big fan of cyberpunk - the style-over-substance kind of setting in which the line between human and machine is blurred. Think Shadowrun, the Matrix, Neuromancer, Altered Carbon, and of course bladerunner.

I like supernatural-type stories - vampires and werewolves. But more in the tradition of Anne Rice than sparkly necrophilia. There's something engaging about stories of personal, gothic horror.

I also have a thread elsewhere on this forum for more system-based pen-and-paper games if that's your thing.

I don't have an F-List. But that's because I think kinks and sensuality are a matter of dialogue and discussion. F-list and the like feel too much to me like a shopping list: "Hi. I'd like 30kg of anal with a side-order of busty." My own views are fairly negotiable. If you have one, I'd love to read it. I see them as shopping lists and indicators, rather than hard-and-fast rules.

Send me a PM. Tell me your ideas. We can work out something wonderful.

Now, have a fantastic Friday.

MT.

Good afternoon,

I saw your thread today and am inquiring on if you are still in need of a partner?

Have a good day!

I'm still looking for people to write with. Sure, we might not agree and you'll have wasted your time. But by the same token, we might hit it off immediately and work out wonderfully!

Much improved. Post-apocalypse itch well and truly scratched. Any other ideas or stories out there? Well, time to find out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom