Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

An Awesome Sexy Pathfinder Game [OOC]

Outside-the-Box Jellyfish

Banned
Banished
Behold, and welcome to hopefully Awesome, aspiringly Sexy, Pathfinder Game hosted by yours truly.

This game discussion is continuing on from this Interest Check, which I have offered to GM. As such, preference will be given to those interested parties who have already posted in that thread (though I might be able to handle one or two more players).

The details of this game are under construction pending player input. The Rules and Character threads will be up shortly, and subsequently linked here.

Links:
Pathfinder Rules: http://paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/prd/ | http://www.d20pfsrd.com/

Campaign Set-Up: http://bluemoonroleplaying.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=71885
Character Thread: http://bluemoonroleplaying.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=71887
Dice Rolling: https://rolz.org/dr?room=BlueMoonPathfinder

Right now, I have the following particulars in mind:
1) Characters will be at 5th Level.
2) Currently throwing together a simple homebrew setting. Just a small fantasy kingdom full of adventure, nothing fancy.
3) I want a character-driven story. As such, I will appreciate as many personal hooks as you can give me.

Beyond that, I'll need some input as I continue to piece this together.
Obviously, I want something heavy on story and character development. What I need from everyone else is how much of everything else do you want? Action, mystery, intrigue, exploration, erotical stuff, etc. Mainly so I know I and my players are all on the same page.

Well in that case. What I just sent Sweet and Khan in a PM was this story:

The latter that drew them all here had been the same.

Please join me at the Round Table of the Eight Legged Mug Inn in the village of Eledsford on Oathday, the third of the coming month. I offer profitable and righteous adventure, but most of all I sincerely beg you aid.

Rather than a signature a small lock of amethyst hair was folded into the parchment.

For whatever reason each of them came, they found a shapely young gnome awaiting them at the round table by the fire come dinner time, her hair exactly like that she'd sent, greeting them with a smile and by the name they were best known by in these parts. The girl was hard bodied and curvy. She wore a black loincloth skirt, leather boots and pouches, golden belt and headband, and for a top a black silk band that joined between her breasts in a golden ring.

“Thank you for coming," she began when all were assembled. "I'd like to tell you a story.

“Once, in the village of Vree, there lived a little girl named Zazy. Her father Zarzuket was a master alchemist and her mother Fijit was a beauty loved by all.

“Kraetos, king of the goblins, sent a great army against Vree. Though the gnomes fought with all their cunning and all their strength the goblins soon had them all in chains.

“Zarzuket and his family were taken to the castle of the goblin king as slaves. Zazy and Fijit had to work as scullery maids, but were spared the worst suffering the goblins could inflict so long as Zarzuket used his alchemical skills to arm the goblins with fire and poison.

“When little Zazy discovered what her father had too do, she whispered, ‘Defy him, father. Defy the goblin king. The black angel will protect mother and I.’

“Her father smiled fondly and asked her, ‘Why is your angle black?’

“Zazy giggled, ‘So the goblins can't see her when the candles are out silly.’

“For many years Zarzuket never did as his daughter asked. Sometimes, she forgot about her angel, but in her dreams, the dark skinned woman held her while she cried.

“As Zazy grew closer to womanhood, her father was so fatigued by thought of the suffering his work caused that his orange hair faded 'til it was white as snow. He groused and grumbled 'til Fezle the Overseer dragged his wife and daughter before him to teach him the price of defiance. Fezle bound Zazy's hands over her head and laid open her back with a whip.

“Zazy clenched her teeth and made no sound.

“The vile bugbear stroked her back again, and Zazy bit her lower lip 'til it bled.

“A third time the white hot pain caressed her back and Zazy screamed her mother's name.

“The gnome girl knew another stroke was coming and pledged before the gods that she would not cry out for her father, would not give the goblins any more power over him. As the agony scorched across her a very different name ripped form her soul.

“‘Ater Angelus!’

“Then it was Fezle's turn to scream as the black angel ripped out his right eye with her claws. Ater Angelus slashed Zazy and her mother free and fled through a window with a gnome in each arm. She had no wings yet, but magic enough to jump the wall.

“In a free city far from goblin lands, Fijit gained the aid of a friend of her husbands. Zazy and Aeter Angelus studied together, learning alchemy, magic and the arts of war, pledging to one day cast down the goblin king and free Zarzuket.

The tiny woman young woman closed her eyes for a moment, gathering her self control. She spoke again without closed eyes. “That was five years ago. The goblin’s are now at the border of this nation, and my father is still their slave.” When her eyes opened, the black angel appeared behind her. She wore the same garb as her summoner, but was tall and shapely as a human maiden. Wings of black fire extended from her back, whipping in the wind like sheer black silk. “Ater Angelus and I have grown strong and are ready to take the fight to them. Will you help me?”

I'd love it if we played a team of friends and lovers Zazy assembled to take on our mutual enemies. :)

Meep! *Sweat drop*

Okay, I guess the fact that that's the worst reaction i've ever gotten to that story should be something heartening. ^_^;; Could have certainly been a much worse reaction.

*Self depricating laugh*

Maybe if I explained my misgivings.
First is that it feels like Zazy is the "main character" here, when that spotlight should be shared by all the PCs.

Second is, since it's a character created by a player, it makes it a bit tough for me to handle them. Making them a major part of the story binds my hands a little if I'm not super into playing the character, but always have to bring them along and have to constantly involve them, might become a chore for me.

Also, since the character belongs to someone else, it makes me feel I'd be subject to disagreement from the player on how they were handled, and it'd feel dickish if I killed them off or had them betray the party (always strong possibilities for NPCs in my games).

Could have you control them, which I often let players semi-play relatives/contacts of their characters (which are relatively more safe than other NPCs), but again, if they're in such a big role that wouldn't seem fair to others.

So it's not the story itself (which I think would be awesome for your character's motivation, or heck, if Zazy herself was your character), in so much as concerns with how much of a role Zazy and her angel would play.

Hence why I asked for feedback from the others.

I thought Zazy was going to be Tenshi's character u,uU

Wasn't sure how the Summoner class worked either, so I can't be faulted for not following it a 100% and I like the story alot

But for an NPC, I'd agree with the GM it would be more problematic than anything, specially for Jelly, not to be a drag but I would much prefer having my character explore her own stuff that have some NPC (As cool as it might be) dragging her along

Hoping over from the old thread; would "as many players as I can handle" exclude me, or did you mean after everyone from the old thread?

TheAnnoyingNoob said:
Hoping over from the old thread; would "as many players as I can handle" exclude me, or did you mean after everyone from the old thread?

If you were in the initial interest check, you are welcome.

christian7_41king said:
pity... well if you have time maybe you and i can do a game for just my character? i don't know if that work for you?

Okay, I mean, I'd said this was for the people who'd posted the interest check and MAYBE a couple others.
Really, though, I was just trying to be polite.
But since you had the gall to just up and ask me to do a solo game for you, when I'm not even in the market for one, and am currently here trying to plan a group game for these guys, I'm just going to be blunt.
I say 'no' to you joining because, at a glance, I just don't like you. Please don't post in here again.

Outside-the-Box Jellyfish said:
Maybe if I explained my misgivings.
First is that it feels like Zazy is the "main character" here, when that spotlight should be shared by all the PCs.

Second is, since it's a character created by a player, it makes it a bit tough for me to handle them. Making them a major part of the story binds my hands a little if I'm not super into playing the character, but always have to bring them along and have to constantly involve them, might become a chore for me.

Also, since the character belongs to someone else, it makes me feel I'd be subject to disagreement from the player on how they were handled, and it'd feel dickish if I killed them off or had them betray the party (always strong possibilities for NPCs in my games).

Could have you control them, which I often let players semi-play relatives/contacts of their characters (which are relatively more safe than other NPCs), but again, if they're in such a big role that wouldn't seem fair to others.

So it's not the story itself (which I think would be awesome for your character's motivation, or heck, if Zazy herself was your character), in so much as concerns with how much of a role Zazy and her angel would play.

Hence why I asked for feedback from the others.

Huh. Okay, I certainly didn't intend to propose Zazy as an NPC. She's a character I wanted to play. (Gnome female unchained summoner. :) ) She comes with some built in antagnoists, so I specificly thought of her when you asked for a player driven story.

When I went digging around for Zazy's hitstory, the only write up I could find was from a game where I used her as an NPC to assemble the party, and I pretty much just coppied that in. Maybe that was the soruce of your confusion? I was using it to introduce the character and the ideas surounding her more than as an aplication.

Also, while she comes with some built in antagonist, Zazy wouldn't ask people to help with her mission if she wasn't prepared to help with theirs.

Does that help?

Just a note... I have a questionaire in the character thread. Please PM that and your character sheet to me when you finish them, and I'll approve them, before posting your characters in that thread.

As soon as someone has a finished character I'll probably start the IC and let people join in as they are able.

Looking great, you guys.

--------------
Setting Musings

Here's just some ideas I had. A little exposition for a town that will serve as a "hub" for the group and they're activities. There'll be opportunity to adventure in the immediate area, or to launch expeditions to elsewhere.
It'll be a place for some regular NPCs, and places like shops, healers, etc, to provide services in between adventures.

Your adventures take place in the Unclaimed Lands, a region not ruled by any unified kingdom or ruler. Most consider the land to be ruled by the city-state of Lorrond, but it exercises little authority beyond its surrounding farmlands. There are many adventuring locales in this way and that, i.e. there's like a desert region, a forest region, a mountain region, etc., that will be fleshed out in-game. But it's pretty much like a Zelda map, ok?

Blackseed
Blackseed is a small settlement in the midst of the Unclaimed Lands. It's popular with adventuring types, being close to everything of interest, but out of the way enough that there's no real traffic. As such it has much more character and quality to it than most villages of similar size.

The Base
First things first. The area is littered with abandoned buildings having been built, renovated, and inhabited by adventurers who have since moved on. The group will be taking residence on an old piece of farm property where they can kick back between adventures.

The Ochre Ogre [Tavern, Inn, General Store]
This is a big, multi-winged building, the central structure of the town. Its owner is Ingwe Hellclaw, a retired catfolk adventurer, who is more or less the leader of the town. One wing is an inn for more transient folks, one serves food and drink and is commonly used to play games of chance or skill, and one is a general store outfitted with mundane equipment. Ingwe is a total bro, and while he won't give material aid for free, he's always up for giving out advice or rumors.

The Temple of Bast
The local spirituality joint. It's a pretty swanky stone building, having been given lots of renovations and improvements over the years from generous donations by powerful adventurers. Occasionally parties, plays, or other entertainment is put on here, and there are hot springs in located on the rocky hill behind it. It is run by Nightshade Whisperwhisker a distant cousin to Ingwe. She is sworn to give healing and sexual gratification to anyone that visits the temple.

Stronghammer Smithy
The main purveyor of arms and armor, particularly magical armaments, as well as enchanted jewelry and a few other simple magic items like wands and the like. The proprietor is a transgender half-minotaur artificer named Patchouli Stronghammer, whose skill at smithing is rivalled only by her pride, though she's still pretty friendly and down to earth.

Oh, and that thing she forges weapons with is not the hammer.
The hammer is her penis.

The Curiosity Shop
One part pawn shop and one part black market, this shop specializes in the rare and esoteric (yet also miscellaneous junk). One can find unique magic items here, and can sell or trade anything they don't want (especially if it didn't originally belong to them). The owner is, Amethyst, a drow alchemist, and as such the shop sells a lot of potions and alchemical goods. She has a reputation as being the own person in town you really don't want to f-k with.

Back
Top Bottom