Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Hiding in Plain Sight [Nothing_Is_As_It_Seems & GhostOfWinter]

5e8c56506716e498c767b97bcf6e53cf.jpg

It was a warm spring morning at Viscount Augustus Montecroix's private estate at the edge of Isembard.

The grass was still wet with dew and sunlight poured into Gabriela Montecroix's room through the ornate stained glass window her father had installed right after her birth. The fifteen year old girl rolled over onto her stomach and flung a pillow over her head to keep the rays of pink, red, and green light from shining into her sensitive gold eyes. Hissing with displeasure, Gabriella tried desperately to get comfortable and fall back into the slumber that she was rudely woken from by the sun.

Least to say, this girl was not a morning person, she hated mornings with a passion because most of the time it meant that her father, the Viscount Augustus Montecroix, had to leave for his duties or check in at court.

4rosewindow2.jpg

93ac473e99967fa0b859c2d4d423e73a.jpg

After much deliberation, Gabriela sat up, stretched and rubbed her eyes. She really did have to get up today, father was going to take her into town to go shopping, a fairly rare occurrence because of her recent growth spurt. Being a Dhampir wasn't so bad before she hit puberty, she looked mostly human with the exception of her very pale skin, but after she turned fifteen, he teeth and ears grew out, making her appearance much more conspicuous. Isembard's common folk were the most tolerant of places toward mythical creatures, especially toward the "half-breed offspring" of a monster and a human.

RE: Hiding in Plain Sight [Nothing_Is_As_It_Seems & GhostOfWinter}

The Viscount Montecroix, a tall, solidly built man of imposing stature, had been up for several hours, working through the finer details of an upcoming grain shipment to the capitol. Though Isembard was a smaller province, her fertile lands and bountiful harvests played an important role within the Kingdom, and Augustus, a loyal vassal of the throne, took his administrative responsibilities seriously. He ran his fingers through his dark brown beard as he penned a letter to a local Baron, before being interrupted by a knock at the door to his study. "Sir," came the voice of one of his servants, "the young lady's breakfast is ready."

Augustus set the letter aside and stretched, before making his way to the door of his study. Opening it, he took a fine silver tray from the servant, before dismissing her. By his order, none of the staff at the Montecroix estate were permitted to enter the eastern wing of the second floor, where Gabriela's quarters were situated, and this prohibition was strictly enforced. Gabriela was a Dhampyr, born to a human father and a vampire mother, and would never be truly safe in this world. To the common citizens of the kingdom, vampires were a hated enemy, deadly monsters which could not be permitted to live, and to her vampire kinsfolk of the Night Court, she was a liability, a mortal who could never truly fit in with their kind. To Augustus, however, she was his most precious daughter, and he would do anything to keep her safe, even if the strict rules he had put in place for her protection sometimes caused friction between them. He simply couldn't risk anything happening to her, which is why he brought her all the way to Isembard, away from her mother's world, and where he could leverage his meager authority to its fullest to protect her.

Augustus carried the tray to the eastern wing, down twisting corridors and past empty rooms to the sanctuary he had set aside for his only daughter. Though these halls were dustier and gloomier than the rest of the mansion, he felt his mood brighten and his step lighten. Today was a special day, one which he had reserved from his usual duties to spend time with his lovely daughter, and though he would never be able to fully let down his guard, he deeply enjoyed the time he was able to spend with her, the light of his life. He knocked gently on the door to her chambers, but entered without waiting for a response. "Bree, my child, it's time for breakfast. Are you excited for today?"

After rubbing her eyes and stretching once more, Gabriela slide out of bed and let a sweet sigh out her lips as her toes touched the warm stone beneath her feet. She glanced at the sundial in the courtyard out her window and decided the first thing she would do was empty her full bladder and wash up, since her father would arrive to her room soon with her breakfast. Slowly she made her way to the bathroom and answered nature's call.

As she splashed some cold water on her face, she heard her father's footsteps echo down the long hall of the only eastern wing. Gabriela understood why she had to be hidden away, but that didn't mean she liked it at all. Unlike Vampires, Dhampyrs were social "monsters" and enjoyed being around both magical creatures and humans. However, the situation could not be helped. Luckily, her father was very understanding and tried his best to accommodate her needs to socialize, when he could find the time.

By the time Augustus entered the room, Gabriela was sitting crosslegged on the foot of her bed with a bright smile plastered on her face to greet. She was still in her nightgown, a thin and sheer black gown that clung snugly to her slim frame. The high neckline accentuated her slender long neck with cream colored lace, the long sleeves with matching lace cuffs that highlighted her slim wrists, and a hemline that barely grazed the tops of her knees.

"Good morning Papa!" She said, the excitement clear in her tone. "I am indeed, it has been so long since our last outing, and I am in dire need of new gowns for when you present me at court soon." She replied, patting on the bed next to her, signaling her father to sit with her. "While I eat will you lay out my clothes?"

Augustus beamed at his daughter's cheerful disposition, though her reminder of her upcoming court debut made him nervous. Gabriela was strikingly beautiful, and he knew that she would draw attention at court. With every passing day it seemed her features became more refined, more elegant, more reminiscent of the ethereal creatures of the night from which she was descended. Even now, he felt his gaze linger overlong on her slender legs and bare toes, or the nape of her neck. He knew she would grow to be an irresistible beauty, and if he could have his way, he would keep her hidden away here forever.

Today, however, this was not to be. He set the tray on his daughter's bed, leaning in to kiss her on her cheek, and walked over to her wardrobe. He had kept her clothed in the finest silks and laces, soft and smooth fabrics that were gentle on her delicate skin, but she was rapidly outgrowing her attire. For today, he selected a mid-length flowing dark blue dress, with detached sleeves, and set them down next to his daughter. It would leave more of her skin uncovered than he preferred when taking her out in public, but he would have to make do with what they had. He also selected some stockings and a silky pair of panties. Sitting next to his little girl and setting the garments down, he idly ran his finger along the ridge of his daughter's ears, stroking the telltale points that were forming, evidence of her vampire heritage. "We'll have to be careful today. You're looking more and more like your mother, and people will begin to notice. I want you to wear your hair down today, and you'll need to keep your distance from strangers. Can you do that for me, sweetpea?"

Gabriela's heart fluttered slightly at the sparkle in his eyes that she saw whenever they were together, but she could sense the worry and fear behind his smile, knowing how he felt about her debut. Mother had warned her in their correspondences that he would be hesitant and how he should be, both her parents were, but this was a part of being nobles. Her cheeks flushed a bit as she felt her father's gaze linger on her, Gabriela knew that she looked a lot like her mother, and that her father was very fond of her.

When her father set the tray on the bed, she began to eat, first starting with the human food to settle her stomach, sipping from the glass of viscous bright red liquid between bites.This wasn't blood, but essence of sexual energy, something that this little monster needed to grow strong and stay healthy, a vital part of a Dhampyr's diet. She nodded obediently at her father's request, cooing softly as he caressed her sensitive ear, and then quickly finished her meal.

"Did you and mother order the dresses already, or do I get to pick some this time?" Gabriela asked as she began to slip her gown over her head. It raised slowly up her body, revealing her pale and hairless form underneath. First her plump thigh, then her smooth mound, to her stomach with just a slight amount of fat and her small perky breasts, barely handfuls unlike her mother's generous bust. She let the gown fall to the floor as she reached for her stockings first, securing them to her thighs with a black ribbon, and the slid the panties up her clothed legs. Next she put the dress over her head and slipped her arms into the sleeves. She took a step closer to her father so that he could tie the laces on the back of her dress and at the top of each detached sleeves. "I wish we could spend more time together Papa. Maybe after my debut I can join you and mother in court more often? I am so lonely here by myself." Gabriela confessed with a pout.

Augustus shouldn't have been caught off guard by his daughter's nonchalance as she revealed her naked body to him before dressing in the clothes he had selected, but he often was. He tried to keep this thoughts pure, to focus on his fatherly pride and adoration for the bright and cheerful young woman in front of him, but her sensual magnetism was hard to resist, and she captivated his gaze with her graceful motions and delicate form.

Her question snapped him out of his reverie, and he began to answer, while lacing up his daughter's dress. "Actually, Bree, I've had the best tailor in town close his shop for the morning, just for us. We'll visit and you'll be able to browse his entire inventory of gowns and dresses." He paused for a moment to run his fingers through his daughter's hair, leaning in to kiss the top of her head and take in her scent. "We'll have lunch at the cafe by the river while the tailor makes adjustments, and spend the afternoon shopping for accessories. Provided you don't order too much, your dresses should be delivered to the manor this evening."

When she asked her second question, Augustus leaned in then, wrapping his arms around his baby girl, holding her from behind, and speaking directly into her ear. "I know you're lonely, and I'm sorry that I can't be here more often." He loosened his grip and turned her in his arms, pressing his forehead to hers and looking directly into her eyes. "But for today at least, there's no business, no court, just you and me for the whole day."

Gabriela's cheeks grew warmer as she disrobed, but she wasn't quite sure why, her body did though, and it enjoyed the energy that was radiating from Viscount Montecroix's body at the sight of his naked daughter. While her father laced up the back of her dress, she slipped her small feet into simple black ankle boots with a small heel.

She gave him an excited smile when she heard that she got to choose this time. Normally her mother and father picked out her attire. She did always loved what they picked out, but Gabriela always wanted to see what else there was and try on new things. "Really father? Thank you!!" She exclaimed and did a twirl.

She sighed as her father embraced her in a hug, Gabriela knew he was being honest and that he really did mean what he said, but it still didn't change her situation. She smiled once more as her father pressed his head against hers and promised that the day was all about them. "Then lets go already Papa!" Gabriela said, taking his hand and dragging him out of her room.

As they rode in their carriage into town, Gabriela snuggled close to her father, but her eyes were glued to the window, watching as the countryside passed by. It had been nearly three months since her last trip out of the manor and the scenery had changed along with the season. The trees were in full bloom as were the wildflowers that lined the dirt road that head toward town. Her eyes followed the butterflies and wildlife that was out enjoying the warm spring day. She wished she could frolic as freely as they did, and let out a small sigh as the thought crossed her mind.

"Mama said that the first debut is soon right? It has been so long since I have seen her. She also mentioned that a few Dhampyr's have joined court in the last few months, so I won't be the only one there. Have you met any of them? Are there any my age?" Letter's from Gabrela's mother came often, about once a week, but she rarely talked about anything important, only now has her mother started writing about the going-ons of court to her, since she is coming of age. "She also said that I will have to start my lessons again. Is it really necessary? I know how to act in court and I promise I'll keep myself under control."

The Viscount of Isembard held his daughter close, gently stroking her as she peered out the carriage window. He did his best to answer his daughter's questions, though even he was not privy to all of the goings on of the Night Court, the shadowy network of vampire lords and ladies integrated into the upper echelons of the royal court. Ancient and powerful, they preyed upon the King's enemies, keeping him in power in exchange for his help in keeping their society secret and hidden from the common folk. It was true that Gabriela would not be the only Dhampyr at court, but like the others, she would be under intense scrutiny from the Night Court. Most vampires within the kingdom were centuries old, and bitterly remembered the human-vampire wars of old, which had passed into myth and legend among the humans. They would regard a newcomer like Gabriela with suspicion and distrust until she proved that she was not a risk of exposing their society. And there, Augustus had limited sway with which to protect his daughter. In many ways, he was unwelcome in vampire society, his dalliance with Gabriela's mother, Adelina, had broken a cultural taboo, and while she would be forgiven and her halfbreed daughter tolerated, there would be many among the vampires who would hold a grudge against Augustus until the day he dies. He reassured his daughter, however, that her mother was working hard to make sure that she would be accepted among her kin when she arrived, though as a father, he knew he would always worry for her safety.

Augustus subconsciously pulled his daughter closer at the thought, wrapping his arms around her and kissing her on the head. He would simply have to do the best he could to protect Gabriela, and to prepare her for the complex political landscape of the royal court. As the carriage pulled up in front of the tailor's shop, Augustus called out to his servants to stand guard. They knew their orders, to keep commoners at a distance until his daughter had made it into the store, empty save for its illustrious proprieter, who respected the Viscount's need for privacy, and having frequently designed clothes for his mysterious young daughter many times in the past. When his men were in position, Augustus opened the door to the carriage, stepping out, before turning back and offering his arm to his beloved daughter. "Here we are, Bree."

Gabriela listened patiently to her father as he reassured her, but she could tell that he wasn't even certain of how her presence at court would be received. However, she did know that her father, and her mother, would do all that was in their power to keep her out of harms way. She was her father's only child and her mother's only heir, as such she was very precious to both of them, both emotional and socially, even if her kind was not easily accepted into either society.

Gabriela melted into her father's arms and relaxed more as he held her close. His touch always calmed her, but deep within another feeling was stirring as well, which caused her cheeks to flush, just like that morning when his gaze lingered on her body. She pushed the thought aside and tried her best just to focus on how nice it felt when her father stroked her hair and kissed the top of her head, despertaly trying to ignore the warmth between her legs and a deep hunger gnawing in her lower belly. She was grateful when the carriage finally stopped and her father exited, the hunger subsided a bit when he let her go.

With a smile Gabriela took his arm and gracefully stepped out of the carriage. Her heels clicked on the cobblestone as they walked into the establishment. She gasped as they entered and her eyes grew wide, Gabriela could not believe what she was seeing! There must have been hundreds, no thousands of dresses in this vast store, some hanging on the walls or on rods, some displayed with accessories on mannequins. They came in more styles than she knew existed and in colors that she didn't know the names of, it was glorious. "Dear lord..." She whispered under her breath as she looked around her in awe. "Papa, I don't even know where to begin looking, or what to look at!" She exclaimed in a hushed tone.

Augustus smiled at his daughter's quiet delight, leading her further into the store. He nodded to the proprietor, who would wait at a distance until summoned, silently thanking the man for this favor. Augustus steered his spellbound daughter towards one section of the store, where the owner had stocked rich gothic attire, abundant in complex, multilayered dresses. Some had open backs, others were cutout on the sides, still others sported low hemlines. Some would cover his daughter's shoulders while others would leave her perfect neck hauntingly exposed. Some were long and elegant, split up the side to tease his daughter's slender legs, while others had short skirts that would show off her thighs. Almost all were made of dark silks or satins, and trimmed with lacy frills.

This was the style of attire that Gabriela's mother, Adelina, wore at the Night Court, representing her mastery over her own sensual magnetism. When Gabriela was a young girl, she had asked to dress in the same manner, and her father had chosen to humor her, being wealthy enough to afford the garments and enjoying any opportunity to spoil his little ball of joy. However, if he were to be honest, Augustus would have to admit that as his baby girl developed into a young woman, with her trim figure and subtle, inviting curves, that he continued to dress her this way for his own benefit. As she remained within her own forbidden wing of the manor on most days, a private world for only her and her father, he saw no problem in dressing her in revealing, often nearly scandalous clothing. He wanted every opportunity to appreciate her beauty, every opportunity to touch her skin as she embraced and cuddled into him. He wanted to kiss her everywhere, not just her forehead, her cheeks, and the back of her hands, but her neck, her shoulders, her bare legs... no, he thought, stopping himself there. He shouldn't think that way about his daughter, no matter how pleasant it was to spend time with her, no matter how affectionate she was or how much of a vision of loveliness she presented to him. But there was nothing wrong with looking, and appreciating the sights that were reserved for only him, he thought, as he glanced back and forth between his daughter and the garments hanging on the racks and walls.

Gabriela would need to dress more conservatively at court, of course, but Augustus intended to give his daughter every opportunity to show her skin within their home. He began suggesting various dresses to his daughter, a mix of more formal attire, more casual fare, and even some slinky semitransparent garments that would more properly be thought of as lingerie. "What do you think, my child? Does anything catch your eye? You can try on anything you like, and we can have the tailor make any adjustments you need."

As her father led her deeper into the shop, her pupils grew even wider. The outfits that her father led her to reminded her of her mother. Each gown more regal, sophisticated, and sensual than the next. Gabriela always admired how her mother looked in her portraits wearing the dark colors that only brought more attention to her perfect porcelain skin. She yearned to look just like her mother, maybe then Father would spend more time with his little girl.

Her eyes scanned all around her, and she quickly noted eight outfits that she wanted to try on right away. Some, she felt, would be perfect to wear at court with their more traditional and modest necklines, hemlines, and silhouettes . Others were clearly more for just her father to see her in, which showed off more of Gabriela's skin, and she hoped, would entice him to look upon her more than he already does.

"I have a few idea's Papa." Gabriela said with a smirk as she began to quickly collect the items that caught her eye. "Please tell me which you like best, okay? I want to be sure that I pick things that Mama would approve of as well as you."

Then she rushed into the dressing room and began to try things on. The palette she stuck to was mostly dark colors, deep purples, reds and greens with black and brown mixed in. These were the traditional colors of her mother's kind and Gabriela felt they also looked best on her.

First she wanted to show her father outfits fit for court. With each outfit she came out in, she gave a twirl and a smile to her father.

Screen%20Shot%202016-01-31%20at%202.17.12%20PM_zpsyxkrhlmj.png
Screen%20Shot%202016-01-31%20at%202.12.04%20PM_zpsg1stphxr.png
Screen%20Shot%202016-01-31%20at%201.33.32%20PM_zpswcl1zizz.png
Screen%20Shot%202016-01-31%20at%202.03.07%20PM_zpslramskcf.png

Augustus had taken heed of the articles his daughter picked out, yet each time she emerged from the dressing room, he was surprised by the elegant visage of the dress suspended from his daughter's thin, regal frame. With each dress, he would scan her from head to toe, then direct her to twirl or to curtsy, to better assess how she looked from all angles. He complimented her choices, as her taste was spot on, and he knew that she would look the part at many a refined soiree among the Night Court. Occasionally, he would take her hand, and guide her through a few steps of a waltz, taking the opportunity to place his hand on her slender waist, hold her close to him, and feel how she felt through the soft fabrics. He let her know that the second garment she selected, the flowing red and black dress, would be perfect for special events and ballroom dances, while the third outfit, a charming article of gothic fashion, would be perfect for everyday wear and made her look like a proper and respectable young lady. Running his fingers through her hair, and gazing intently into her eyes, he teased her that he would have to keep a closer eye on her if she started dressing like this, as she would draw plenty of attention from the young men at court.

With each outfit she tried on and each compliment she received from her father, Gabriela's mood lightened even more and her smile shone brighter. She was so happy that her father approved of her choices so far and loved twirling and dancing around with him. Each time he touched her, Gabriela's cheeks blushed and she felt the warmth and hunger deep in her lower belly grow once more.

"You don't have to worry about the other men Papa." Gabriela assured her father. "I am only interested in attention from you." She said softly and peered at him through her long lashes and then went back to the dressing room.

She showed him a few more modest outfits, with slightly higher hemlines that she anticipated she could wear on outings.

Screen%20Shot%202016-01-31%20at%201.45.02%20PM_zpsj8ev7ps8.png
Screen%20Shot%202016-01-31%20at%201.37.25%20PM_zpseinrrqgl.png
Screen%20Shot%202016-01-31%20at%201.50.04%20PM_zpsyumejs31.png

This time she would model the more...reveling outfit that she had found. As he changed into the last outfit and looked at herself in the mirror, she blushed brightly. The clothing that she had chosen showed a lot more skin than she was ever used to, but she hoped desperately that it would please her father. "Okay Papa, this is the last outfit. I would only wear it at home though." Gabriela explained through the dressing room curtain before she came out to show him. "What do you think?"
Screen%20Shot%202016-01-31%20at%202.21.13%20PM_zps1knwqebz.png

Augustus reveled in his daughter's affections, beaming at her declaration that she was interested in no man's attention but his own. He found himself pulling her close, embracing her, tickling her sides or tracing his fingers along her neck or reaching underneath her hair to stroke the pointed tips of her ears. Augustus was no fool, and he knew well the feeling of a vampire's dominance, the ability of the nightfolk to bend the minds of mortal men to their will, for the Lady Adelina had used it on him in the past. He knew that his daughter's hold on his attention was not wholly natural, that she was instinctively and effortlessly applying the abilities her dhampyr biology granted her, but there seemed to be no malice in her actions, no ill intent. She simply expressed her love for him openly and plainly, and it made it easier for the reserved and cautious Viscount to let down his guard and express his own deep affection for his one and only daughter.

Even so, he began to feel he may have crossed a line as his daughter stepped demurely out of the dressing room for the final time. His daughter was absolutely stunning, and it took him a few moments to collect himself. It seemed the dress left more exposed than it hid, revealing every part of her slender figure, from the delicious curves of her neck, to the rise and fall of her subtle chest, the taut, trim muscles of her back, her slender midriff, and those legs that seemed to go on and on, their form emphasized by a rather creative form of footwear that covered little. She looked exposed, vulnerable, innocent and unsure of herself. Augustus' mind conjured up an image, of pinning Gabriela up against a wall, his hand running up her thigh, underneath the garment that barely covered her, his other arm holding her firmly in place. What it would feel like to lean in, to nibble on his little girl's neck. Another, of Gabriela on a bed beneath him, her hair a mess, as he holds her arms at her sides, her subtle breasts threatening to escape from their flimsy covering. He stood transfixed, a hot and forbidden desire burning in his eyes as he looked his daughter's young body up and down. Then, catching himself, Augustus quickly forced the images from his mind.

"You're right, young lady. There is no way you're wearing that outside the house." he teased, but in his heart of hearts, he knew. He wanted his daughter to wear this dress for him. He knew it was a bad idea, that this dress would inspire very un-fatherly thoughts and desires, but he couldn't help himself. He was proud of the beautiful, charming, and ever affectionate daughter that he had raised over the past fifteen years, and he knew that she would not be with him forever, that someday she would find her own way and lead her own life, and for now, if she was willing to show this much of herself to him, to leave so little in the way of barriers between them, he wanted to enjoy it. He wanted to hold her close, to embrace her, cuddle her, feel her skin against him, share the warmth of her body. He wanted to watch her transform from an adorable girl to a beautiful woman in front of his eyes, and he didn't want to miss a moment of it. He reached for her and pulled her to him, holding her close and breathing in her scent. "I love it. We're definitely buying it. Just remember your promise. This is only for home, only for us."

Gabriela couldn't help but giggle as her father tickled her sides, he knew very well that she was ticklish, but the giggles turned into pleased sighs when he ran his fingers song her sensitive neck and ears. He always knew just how to caress Gabriela's body to relax and put her at ease. She loved her father immensely, and meant what she said. She had no interest in other men, and wanted nothing more than to be by her father's side, forever and always.

When Gabriela stepped out in the final outfit, her whole body blushed as the Viscount's eyes drank her in. The dhampyr blood inside her began to warm every inch of her body, causing her lady-hood to swell and dampen while the hunger in the pit of her stomach became nearly unbearable. The monster within her was greatly enjoying the sexual energy that her father was giving off with his thoughts and gaze, though Gabriela was not quite aware of the situation, she just knew that she needed to feed, and as soon as possible. She tried her damnedest to keep from reacting to the feelings being stirred inside her, and smiled through the desire growing inside her, casting her eyes down to the ground in hopes of lessing the intensity. She nodded at his statements, unable to find words at that moment to reply.

When Augustus pulled Gabriela close to him, she let out a small desperate whimper, unable to keep quiet anymore. She shivered as he took in her scent and shyly brought her gaze back up. "P-p-papa..." She stuttered nervously in a hushed whisper. "P-p-papa, I-I'm h-hungry...." Gabriela managed to say though another whimper and her shivers. The human part of her hoped that he had brought some extra essence, just for this purpose. However, the dhampyr in her wanted nothing more than to feed off of her own father, a man with plenty of essence to spare for his only daughter. Her knees wobbled and she held tightly to her father as she began to feel faint, the hunger growing stronger and stronger with each second she denied the dhampyr within a taste of her father's lust for her.

As his daughter gazed up at him with a hungry visage, Augustus realized he had made a mistake. He had let the teasing and flirting go too far, and Gabriela, who still had not attained mastery over the vampiric instincts she inherited from her mother's people, was growing desperate. Truth be told, these were exactly the sorts of close calls that made him reluctant to let his daughter leave the manor in the first place, but now that it was upon them, it was a situation that must be dealt with. As she spoke to him, through her whimpers, he could see her incisors elongating slightly into the telltale fangs of her people. He glanced around quickly, confirming that the proprietor was on the other side of the store. A dhampyr's fangs were not as pronounced as a full vampire's, but it would still give her away if they were seen. The carriage was still parked out front, but it would be incredibly risky taking his daughter outside in her current state. He didn't know how strong her cravings were at the moment, but it was within the realm of possibility that she would pounce on someone if he denied her too long.

Quickly assessing his options, Augustus took Gabriela's hand, and led her back inside the dressing room, drawing the curtain closed. It was less than ideal, but hopefully the proprietor would grant them their privacy. He could feel her gaze upon him, her eyes tracing the line of his neck. He could feel himself being drawn towards her, a sort of pull in the back of his mind, as he could feel his senses soften as a supernatural wave of calm and relaxation took hold over him. He tried to focus, reaching into his cloak and drawing out the small phial of essence, the precious red liquid that could be used to control Gabriela's cravings, but a growing part of him told him to let go, to let it be, to let his little girl climb into his lap and curl her body around his, to breathe in her scent and relax as she sinks her sharp teeth into his neck. The Viscount had fed Gabriela his blood before, it was one of the quickest ways to help a Dhampyr recover from an illness or injury, but always in a goblet or saucer, never directly from his own body. He knew from experience with Adelina, though, that it would feel marvelous for both of them, intoxicating and arousing all at once. They would become of one flesh, little different from the other ways a man and woman could join themselves together, as she would directly take his essence into her body. He knew that she would writhe against him, that she would welcome his touch anywhere on her body, that she would mewl and moan and consume his affections with an insatiable hunger. The possibilities filled his mind as she seemed to glide towards him, her voracious appetite expressed plainly in her beautiful eyes.

Augustus knew, however, as he felt a heavy weight bearing down on his conscious mind, that this was very dangerous. Gabriela was inexperienced and untrained, if she didn't kill him outright, she could drain enough blood to incapacitate him, and be discovered, covered in his blood while he lay powerless to protect her. As much as he wanted to satisfy his daughter, he knew that this was the wrong time and the wrong place. Drawing upon his own training, he steadied his mind, and pushed back the effects of her vampiric charm. Against a mature vampire lord, Augustus would stand no chance, but Gabriela was young and acting on instinct alone, and he was able to break her hold on him, if only momentarily. Popping the stopper off the phial of essence, he lifted it to her lips, forcibly tilting her head back and forcing her to swallow the viscous red liquid. Watching her taut neck as she swallowed the liquid, drop by drop, he felt a pang of regret, knowing how much better they both would have felt if it had been his warm blood, fresh from his body, flowing across his young daughter's tongue and down her throat. Once the liquid was gone, he stumbled back against the wall, dizziness crashing down on him from the mental exhaustion.

Gabriela shut her eyes tight as she waited for her father to reply. The vampiric instincts screamed at her to just tackle him and suck him dry. Her teachers hadn't taught her a lot about controlling the urges yet, they hadn't deemed it necessary, but they did give her a few tricks. She forced her muscles to stiffen and tried to think about anything other than the heat she was feeling within, the warm sun shining on the flowers outside, butterflies flying across a blue sky, the woodland creatures that basked in the sun on a warm spring day, anything but her body and her father.

Gabriela could also feel resistance coming from her father, which send a pang of guilt through her breast, but also slight relief because it helped her , if only a little. She felt her fangs grow and her father pull her back into the dressing room, setting her down in a plush chair and tilting her head back. Gabriela greedily gulped the liquid as it passed her lips and soon a feeling of peace washed over her whole body. Her heart stopped racing, her body cooled, and she relaxed her tired muscles.

When she opened her eyes, she saw her father slumped against the wall and again a pang of guilt struck through her chest. Quickly she grabbed a dressing robe to cover herself with and kneeled beside him. She gently kissed her father's cheek and whispered in his ear. "I'm sorry Papa...it won't happen again. I'm sorry..." She pleaded quietly, trying to remain calm as tears welled in her eyes. She knew deep down that he would be fine, he just needed a minute to compose himself, but it didn't help the guilt she felt for putting them in that situation so far from home. "I'll be much more careful, I promise...I'm sorry."

As Augustus' head cleared, it took him a moment to collect himself. His daughter, mercifully covered up in a robe, was kneeling in front of him, teary eyed and apologizing non-stop. It was a heartbreaking sight, more so because he knew that it never would have happened if he had been more diligent. He was Gabriela's father, he should have been more responsible. Oh well, for the time being, his daughter was his only priority. He leaned forward and gave her a quick peck on the lips, before mustering his confidence and declaring "Nonsense. You have nothing to apologize for. These sorts of things... are in your nature, and there is nothing wrong about who and what you are." He wiped his daughters tears from her eyes and gave her a quick hug, patting her on the back and letting her know everything was alright.

Climbing to his feet, he straightened his clothes. In the event the proprietor saw him hastily drag his scantily clad daughter into the dressing room, there was no reason to give him any additional reason to believe something untoward was happening. He looked upon his daughter with great fondness, and told her "Get changed back into your own clothes and we'll get these items paid for." Wanting to reassure her that she had done nothing wrong, he teased "I promise you, the next time I see you in this dress, I'll be ready for it." He tousled her hair once more and ducked around the curtain of the changing room. As he had hoped, the proprietor was still on the far side of the store. He walked the aisles a little bit, selecting a few additional items on his own to concoct a possible explanation for his momentary absence, and then returned to collect Gabriela and her selections. She seemed somewhat flustered, but calmer now than before. Bringing them to the front, he made idle chitchat, complimenting the tailor on his fine designs and workmanship. As expected, the man said nothing about the Viscount and his daughter's brief absence. He may or may not have noticed, but either way, it seemed he was more interested in retaining the Viscount as a lucrative client than confirming any suspicions he may have had. Augustus arranged to have the articles delivered, and then took Gabriela's arm and led her from the establishment.

Once he and his daughter were safely back in the carriage, and on their way to their next stop, he inquired how she was feeling. "Are you doing alright? If you want, I can take you back home. Or should we continue on?" his gaze softened, and he teased her, "That is, if I didn't spoil your appetite!"

Gabriela nodded and sniffled as her father reassured her. "Okay Papa. I guess I still have a lot to learn." She said with a shy and sad smile. As her father hugged her, she pecked at his cheek lightly with her small pink and soft lips. Gabriela smiled other father's promise and her dhampyr side was eager for the second chance it would soon be presented. She stood up and waited for her father to leave before she began changing. She tried to change quickly, though it was difficult to lace up the back of her dress and her sleeves on her own.

Once she finished, Gabriela quickly made her way to the front of the store where her father and the proprietor were exchanging words. She held onto her father's arm as she waited for them to finished and then followed him back to the carriage.

Once safely inside Gabriela gave her father a big smile, pointy teeth and all, to show him that she had recovered from the upset earlier. She gave a small giggle at his joke. "I am much better now Papa. I am just regular hungry now. Maybe we could get something sweet?" She inquired with a encouraging smile, wanting her father to get something to eat as well. He probably needed it after what she had put him through in the dressing room. Also, it had been a while since they had both eaten breakfast. They had spent a long time in the dress shop and it was time for lunch.

Gabriela's bright smile and her cute little giggles warmed Augustus' heart. At times, he felt he was out of his depth trying to raise the young Dhampyr by himself, but he was always grateful for her cheerful nature, her positive outlook. It seemed that no matter how tricky their situation, she was always ready to do her best to make things work. And while her abilities could be quite intimidating, it was important to Augustus to remember that she wasn't just a powerful creature of the night, she was also a human girl, who needed love, affection and attention as much as any person. With fewer opportunities for socialization and making friends, Augustus knew that he needed to give her as much love as he could.

Pausing for a moment to consider his daughter's request, Augustus decided on a course of action and issued some instructions to the coachman. He sat back down next to Gabriela, wrapping his arm around her slender waist and pulling her close to him, enjoying the feeling of having her close as they traveled to their next destination.

A short while later, they arrived, and once more Augustus offered his arm to his beautiful young daughter, helping her out of the carriage and into a fine pâtisserie which Augustus had frequented in the past to find some of his daughter's favorite treats. They served cream custard tarts with honey, waffles with strawberries and whipped cream, honey cakes topped with almonds, freshly baked lattice apple pies. The location was a little more public than he would have liked, but he wanted to treat his little girl and felt that the risk of anyone paying them too much heed while they ate was fairly low. "Well, my princess? Does anything catch your eye?"

Gabriela was beyond grateful for her father. Not only for the support he gave her, a house to live in, food to eat, and acceptance, but also all the love, affection, and care that he offered to her. She felt that he was in no way obligated to do any of these things. Though she was his daughter, existing, that is being found out to be Dhampyr, could cost him his social standing and his reputation.

As they made their way, to the next stop, Gabriela cuddled with her father, closing her eyes and relaxing into his body. She did really feel much better, both physically and emotionally. She loved her father so very much and didn't know quite how to express it properly to him. The last outfit she showed him seemed to really excite him, and she yearned to see that excitement in his eyes once more, but it would have to wait until after they got home.

When they arrived at the pâtisserie, Gabriela gladly took her father's arm and glad walked with him. Her eyes widened and sparkled at all the choices laid in front of her. A little drool slowly leaked out of the corner of her mouth, but Gabriela quickly wiped it away, hopefully before anyone noticed. "Oh Papa, there is so much to choose from!" She exclaimed excitedly. Gabriela took in a deep breath to enjoy the scents of all the amazing parities that the store had to offer.

After thinking for a few moments, Gabriella made her choices. She turned to her father with a smile. "Papa, can I have custard tart, a waffle, and a small slice of apple pie?" She asked with her sweetest voice, putting on a sweet smile just for her loving father.

Augustus nodded as his daughter made her requests. He relayed them, along with his own orders, to a trusted servant, who set off towards the front of the restaurant. Taking Gabriela's hand, he led her towards a small table in a less occupied part of the store, near a large window overlooking the busy street. He knew that she was endlessly curious about other people, and that she had precious few opportunities for people watching at the Montecroix estate, and felt she might appreciate the chance to take in the hustle and bustle of the town on a busy day. He held his daughter's chair out for her, waited for her to sit, and slid the chair in behind her, before sitting across from her, giving him the perfect vantage point both to watch over his daughter and to keep his eye on the other patrons on the restaurant.

It was only a few minutes before their food arrived, delivered by the pastry chef himself. "Viscount, Miss Montecroix," he addressed them, as he set in a semicircle around Gabriela a wide array of generous portions. Though she had not ordered very much, Augustus had embellished her order somewhat, and the chef, who valued the Viscount's patronage, did not want to miss the opportunity to impress a favorite customer. Arranged before the young Dhampyr were a wide selection of tarts and slices of pie, a stack of waffles, fresh fruit, candied nuts, and chocolate pastries. It was a rather comical amount of food for a girl of her size, but the Viscount was enjoying the opportunity to spoil his only daughter. As the chef set down the final plate, he looked to his patron for approval, which Augustus gave and dismissed him. He looked back to his daughter, seemingly buried behind the small wall of sweets and treats between them, and waited for her reaction with a mischievous glint in his eyes.

Gabriela smiled at her father and followed him to the table. As he pulled out her chair, she smiled and nodded her head to him in thanks. Her eyes then darted to the window and she watched the other people going by with great interest. Gabriela was utterly fascinated by how others interacted in the world outside and the attire they chose to express themselves in. She could feel her father's gaze look lovingly at her as she people watched, and smiled a little brighter just for him.

When the pastry chef addressed her, she nodded her head and gave him a smile, careful not to show her teeth. Her eyes quadrupled in size when she saw all of the treats the chef had prepared for her, the portions were huge! Gabriela could feel her mouth water more and more as her gaze passed over each item that he brought to her. "Thank you very much sir, it looks divine." She said in an amazed hush. Once the chef left, Gabriela looked up at her father with shock, and an expression that read 'I am not going to be able to eat all of this, please help Papa'.

After another few moments of awe, Gabriela began to take small bites of the delicacies in front of her. First some tarts, then a few bites of pie, next the waffles with cream, and a handful of nuts. "Papa, everything is so good!!!" Gabriela exclaimed with awe. "I want to share some with you too."

Augustus chuckled at his daughter's bewilderment, as each new dish was set down before them, enjoying the chance to surprise and treat his favorite little girl. He was impressed by Gabriela's patience and her polite response to the chef, but felt a pang of guilt watching her remain cautious not to give herself away, wishing that he could have raised her somewhere where she could feel free to be herself. However, his heart soon lifted as he watched his little girl so clearly enjoying herself, for this moment at least, her mood clearly unencumbered by the need to conceal what she was from those around her. Gabriela truly was the light of his life, and he felt such a strong and fierce pride to be her father.

When she invited him to share with her, he lifted a spoon and began tasting the various offerings arrayed before them. Though he was not normally particular to sweets, he could tell that the chef's work was of the highest quality, which pleased him. He wanted nothing less than the best for his only daughter. As Augustus idly sampled various pastries, he found his gaze being drawn to Gabriela's tiny mouth. He was captivated watching her pretty pink lips close around her silverware with each new bite, or her tongue dart out to lick up loose crumbs or whipped cream. He found his eyes drifting lower, to her exposed neck, watching the gentle undulation of her throat as she swallowed each new morsel.

A though took root in his mind, and the Viscount Montecroix reached for his spoon. Having sampled a slice of blackberry pie, and finding it a pleasing balance of sweet and tart, he took a second spoonful and, leaning in closer, he lifted the spoon to his Gabriela's lips. "Try this one, my dear", he insisted, as he had done when he used to feed her when she was just a little girl. "I think you might like it".

Gabriela could feel her father's gaze watch her as she savored every bite she took. The vampire blood within her relished in the sexual tension that was building between them and made her cheeks flush bright and a dampness in her panties grow. She wriggled around in her chair a bit to blush off the feeling of arousal building up between her legs.

She smiled as her father offered her a spoonful of pie. Gabriela leaned over, stretching her torso and neck across the table, and opened her mouth ever so slowly and delicately as she approached the spoon. She took the spoon into her mouth slowly, darting her tongue out a put before closing her mouth, just as slow, engulfing the spoon's head between her lips. Gabriela closed her eyes as the flavors touched her tongue and could not help but let out a soft and almost sensual 'Mmm' sound as she swallowed the bite. "It is very tasty father..." Gabriela said in a low, almost husky whisper, her cheeks flushed and a giggle escaping her lips, followed by a wry smile.

Back
Top Bottom