Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Difficult plots / fandoms to find partners for

H

HeyThereLittleBear

Okay so, a bit of a spin off of the difficult kinks thread

But!

I have to complain that I can never find anyone even remotely interested in playing out something based off Swan Song by Robert McCammon. I want to cry just thinking about it. I would kill a virgin to find someone capable of playing Roland. Or even The Man With The Scarlet Eye.

I also have a difficult time finding people that are interested in a Sansa/Hound pairing for Game of Thrones.

Boooo.

What about you guys?

I've been wanting to start a fandom-roleplay in the Skies of Arcadia universe for a while, but surprisingly hardly anyone has even heard of it. Such a wonderful old Dreamcast (And later, Gamecube) game, it is. :)

Hello Bear,

I just want to say that over the winter break I started reading Swan Song. I haven't gotten too deep in the book, I'm up to the part where Josh discovers the grass that grows around swan. I don't think I will be finishing the book within 2016 since I'm going back to college and I have dozens of books to read for classes.

As for Sansa/Hound... I would actually love to play that so maybe you can message me later or I will message you when I get the time ;)

The Smilodon Fatalis said:
Hello Bear,

I just want to say that over the winter break I started reading Swan Song. I haven't gotten too deep in the book, I'm up to the part where Josh discovers the grass that grows around swan. I don't think I will be finishing the book within 2016 since I'm going back to college and I have dozens of books to read for classes.

As for Sansa/Hound... I would actually love to play that so maybe you can message me later or I will message you when I get the time ;)

I could cry. I love you.

You haven't gotten to King Alvin yet!!

Mortal Kombat is pretty damn difficult to find a fandom roleplay to start for the simple reason that I wouldn't want rape or sexual gore in that universe, and that appears to turn people away from playing that universe with me. It seems like people think that a violent universe like that is always so, and that simply isn't true...entirely, anyway.

Also on my list are Need for Speed, Guitar Hero, EA's Skate, and more. I think those are more of a lack of potential characters as opposed to lack of ideas, but hey.

how_is_you said:
Mortal Kombat is pretty damn difficult to find a fandom roleplay to start for the simple reason that I wouldn't want rape or sexual gore in that universe, and that appears to turn people away from playing that universe with me. It seems like people think that a violent universe like that is always so, and that simply isn't true...entirely, anyway.

Also on my list are Need for Speed, Guitar Hero, EA's Skate, and more. I think those are more of a lack of potential characters as opposed to lack of ideas, but hey.

I think another issue might be the daunting size of the series. Unless you know everything about all the games, the comics, and the expanded lore, then it all goes in one ear and out the other. With Harry Potter, you just need to have seen all the movies, same with any anime.

I've noticed that it's hard to write plots for Pokemon fans, not that it's hard to find people who are into Pokemon. That fandom is all over the place with it's kinks, some want TrainerXTrainer, others want PokemonXPokemon, TrainerXPokemon, Humanized PokemonXHumanized Pokemon, the list goes on. So anytime I see someone who's into Pokemon I just hope my plot is something they'd be into.

This isn't a kink, though I wouldn't call it a plot so much either. But it's very hard to find people who are truly willing to write more than a single character (i.e., anything outside the realm of your and their main). It's the saddest thing in the world to me because, for me—someone very big on both character development and world building—you NEED that to truly craft a story. You stick to having just two characters and the entire thing is just boring to me, something that'll die after a short burst of creativity, which is so very sad. If my partners were a bit more willing to create side characters, recurring characters, what have you...oh an epic of wondrous greatness could be created, which would lead to amazing plots filled with twists and turns and glorious intrigue. But alas, it's hard to find people who truly like this, understand how to both broach it and write it and contribute toward the whole thing so that everything comes together like a story, not a disjointed piece where you only learn about two individuals. >//////////<

Darkangel: AMEN! Any story that doesn't feature more than two characters is a smut for me..

Mine would be Sissification via brainwashing.

I don't typically find femboys particularly sexy (ie, I don't necessarily find them attractive more so than males/females). Therefor RPing as/against a femboy won't really have any special appeal to me. To see the transition, however, is a totally different story. I enjoy seeing alpha men 'out-manned' and bimbo-fied; forced to assume the role of women. To me since its a bigger transition, it is a more exciting humiliation kink. I want a partner that focuses on that aspect; the mental transition and the psychological issues and doubt within the sub characters.

Now, non-consensual can mean aggressive rape or it can mean implicit brainwashing. I don't really like violence all that much, so brainwashing appeals to be more. I only found one partner who was skilled and interested in such an idea but he vanished after a few months of writing. I really wish I could have an RP like that again, even if with switched roles. Our idea had a futa demoness with magical powers who slowly seduced this male teacher into adopting a feminine mindset that later reflected on his decisions, sexuality and ultimately, bodily appearance. It was easily the best RP I ever had.

Right? I'll freely admit that I get bored if there aren't characters my writing partner and I can utilize to help flesh out a well crafted story. Meaning, I'll more or less find a way to incorporate side characters just so I can at least write for more than one. >.< And it's not so much that I get bored with the central pairing or stars of the story, if you will. It's just that what story typically only features two mains and no one else to help influence things??? It's a rarity to find otherwise and this otherwise doesn't overly appeal. I also just think there's a higher chance of story survival if you have things to pull and build from. Maybe this is just me and my style, how I think and like to write...whatever. BUT it's hard to find others who think similarly in order to create the sorts of plots I love to tackle. >//////< Epic worlds with layers of story? Yes, please. XD

Its been off the air for a while now....but Buffy the Vampire Slayer.

I used to know quite a few good buffy players, but haven't seen them in ages :(

I've been wanting to do a Baten Kaitos based fandom for quite awhile now. But in all the years I've had it I've only met 2 people who knew of it. One never finished and another never played, so I sorta gave up on it.

I was thinking of a Vampire Hunter D(Bloodlust) setting for roleplay, but I haven't found anyone interested yet.

Basically everything on my request thread in general.

The one plot I have that I haven't written down on my RT is a kind of "Monster Hunter x Monster Hunting Sorcerer" but it's... really specific cause the world I want for it is this kind of highfantasy epic thing that's a mashup of a bunch of different ideas, such as Dark Souls, as well as Soul Sacrifice, Steampunk and Avatar: The Last Air Bender.

What I REALLY want is someone to kind of partner up with me on making this world to make it more awesome.

Rauk said:
I've been wanting to start a fandom-roleplay in the Skies of Arcadia universe for a while, but surprisingly hardly anyone has even heard of it. Such a wonderful old Dreamcast (And later, Gamecube) game, it is. :)

Skies of Arcadia? How could you possibky have trouble finding interest in RPing in that setting? That was a great game!

...Now I have to go play it again.

TheCorsair said:
Rauk said:

Skies of Arcadia? How could you possibky have trouble finding interest in RPing in that setting? That was a great game!

...Now I have to go play it again.

He said instead of roleplaying with that person, thus proving a point.

I have a really big kink for historical fiction and it is hard to find people who know enough or will put in enough effort to write competently about it.

Panties are a real big turn off when I'm reading about anything pre-20th century. I also have a sad distaste for women wearing corsets without anything underneath. I have a problem where I just have been so curious about what people wore under their clothes and I have done too much research and it's not like it's common knowledge but somehow my brain expects it to be.

darkangel76 said:
And it's not so much that I get bored with the central pairing or stars of the story, if you will. It's just that what story typically only features two mains and no one else to help influence things??? It's a rarity to find otherwise and this otherwise doesn't overly appeal. I also just think there's a higher chance of story survival if you have things to pull and build from. Maybe this is just me and my style, how I think and like to write...whatever. BUT it's hard to find others who think similarly in order to create the sorts of plots I love to tackle. >//////< Epic worlds with layers of story? Yes, please. XD

Thiiiiiis. I dunno. I feel like. If you aren't willing to play other characters or build up side characters or something that it deprives you of so much tension. And I really like tension. And stakes! Other people means higher stakes. And so does a world outside your two characters. I think even if you're writing a modern, non-fantasy you can still build an epic world because it will give meaning to what your characters choose to do.

love-apple said:
I have a really big kink for historical fiction and it is hard to find people who know enough or will put in enough effort to write competently about it.

Panties are a real big turn off when I'm reading about anything pre-20th century. I also have a sad distaste for women wearing corsets without anything underneath. I have a problem where I just have been so curious about what people wore under their clothes and I have done too much research and it's not like it's common knowledge but somehow my brain expects it to be.

darkangel76 said:
And it's not so much that I get bored with the central pairing or stars of the story, if you will. It's just that what story typically only features two mains and no one else to help influence things??? It's a rarity to find otherwise and this otherwise doesn't overly appeal. I also just think there's a higher chance of story survival if you have things to pull and build from. Maybe this is just me and my style, how I think and like to write...whatever. BUT it's hard to find others who think similarly in order to create the sorts of plots I love to tackle. >//////< Epic worlds with layers of story? Yes, please. XD

Thiiiiiis. I dunno. I feel like. If you aren't willing to play other characters or build up side characters or something that it deprives you of so much tension. And I really like tension. And stakes! Other people means higher stakes. And so does a world outside your two characters. I think even if you're writing a modern, non-fantasy you can still build an epic world because it will give meaning to what your characters choose to do.

The biggest problem, especially with newer roleplayers in regards to this last part, is that it seems like the newer ones find it too much effort to add more characters past their own. They'd rather have a DM than be equal partners (I could make so many jokes about feminism right now).

Of course there's also the problem about their character not being necessarily fleshed out to begin with (Another problem, I've found) and there's no real polite way to broach the subject because a lot of people these days simply cannot handle real criticism, instead citing it as "Attacks" instead of what it is. The most constructive criticism is the kind that doesn't mollycoddle, instead playing it straight and clearly explaining the problem.

"Oh well, maybe if you played your character with more feeling. Maybe try giving them a more indepth background?" is a lot less constructive than "Your character lacks depth and substance. You're playing an archetype, a collection of tropes instead of a real person".

Not saying that playing jut the one character is the wrong thing to do, but like Love-apple stated, there's a lot to be desired unless you've previously agreed to DM the world around them.

Absinthresher said:

The one plot I have that I haven't written down on my RT is a kind of "Monster Hunter x Monster Hunting Sorcerer" but it's... really specific cause the world I want for it is this kind of highfantasy epic thing that's a mashup of a bunch of different ideas, such as Dark Souls, as well as Soul Sacrifice, Steampunk and Avatar: The Last Air Bender.

What I REALLY want is someone to kind of partner up with me on making this world to make it more awesome.

What?! You are having trouble finding partners? Why, I can't imagine why. Certainly couldn't be your judgmental, entitled attitude. You just seem like such a charmer. :rolleyes:

Oh, hey, let's take some potshots at feminism! Because that shows how incredibly clever and against the grain you are! It's not as if they aren't male writers who are so precious over their own stories that anything more than a walking, breathing sex toy gets in the way of their narrative. But nah, that gets in the way of your assertion that bad writing happens in one genders. Clearly the lack of a y chromosome is the sole cause.

UH......

So I'd really kill for some Pride and Prejudice type plot. Something about that era, the dress, the cadence of the speech. It's all so appealing.

I had a partner, but he had work issues and has not been on. Which is sad, because he was really nice and thoughtful. I hope he comes back. Or that one day, someone else will share my love of Regency England.

xanaphia said:
Absinthresher said:

What?! You are having trouble finding partners? Why, I can't imagine why. Certainly couldn't be your judgmental, entitled attitude. You just seem like such a charmer. :rolleyes:

Oh, hey, let's take some potshots at feminism! Because that shows how incredibly clever and against the grain you are! It's not as if they aren't male writers who are so precious over their own stories that anything more than a walking, breathing sex toy gets in the way of their narrative. But nah, that gets in the way of your assertion that bad writing happens in one genders. Clearly the lack of a y chromosome is the sole cause.

Wow, I didn't even notice this post until I decided to come back here and see if anyone wanted something I could actually give.

I'm having trouble cause I have high standards. Also that, yeah.

And I wasn't taking potshots at feminism, or even saying anything similar about women in general. Most guys want a fucktoy that breaths (Sometimes not even the breathing part), and I get that. I was, however, using gender neutral terms to denote the fact that most people, men and women both because apparrently I now have to DIRECTLY STATE THESE THINGS, want someone to do all the work for them so they can fap. Or shlick. Whatever the female term for fap is.

The feminism joke in itself was just me being a smartass. I don't have to be anti-feminist to prove I'm against the grain. Most people get that just from talking to me for 2.5 minutes.

For the record, you're not exactly the most open minded or unjudgemental person (Damn not-words) I've ever met, so, y'know, pot meet kettle.

Absinthresher said:
so they can fap. Or shlick. Whatever the female term for fap is.

That. We also would have accepted fiddle, jill, or flicking the bean.

tumblr_lmfmy4dnEm1qdsrgto1_400.gif

I honestly have had some time and no success on a supernatural plot I have in mind ad wekk as my Viking x Women plot on my thread.I guess I'm just vanilla with no spice lol

No matter how many sites I have tried, no one seems interested in a Katawa Shoujo rp. I think I missed my chance, since it is several years old. But since I played it, I can't get the desire out of my head! T.T

Back
Top Bottom