Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Me and Deep - In war an enemy can be an ally

Jaden raised a brow. "That's ridiculous, I'm not even from this land. Hell, my family hates this country" He couldn't think of a reason why they would move to operated in this country unless they were out searching for him, and he sincerely doubted that they would be out looking for him. "Must be a poser" He concluded, either that or a particularly distant cousin. His parents were retired and his brothers were all egotistical pricks that wouldn't be caught dead in a country they considered to be backward. That said, it had been many years since he had been home, opinions could easily change.

"Either way... " He could feel his body getting heavier from the blood poisoning. "If you didn't put that in the spring, who did..." he found himself leaning on the wall and his vision started to blur. He found himself collapsing, yet again. He fell down against the wall, his back pressed to it and his head low. "Dammit." He closed his eyes and suddenly he raised his head. 'oh fuck...' he sniffed at the air and realized something very bad was on it's way there. Was he hunting him? That smell it was the same man from before, the one he failed to fight off. he knew that he couldn't take the wolf one on one at full strength, did he weaken him just to take him out..? He couldn't have known he was coming here without inside intel. "G-Get me out of here..." He said, trying to stand.

nonetheless grumbled as the man collapsed to the ground, which was expected considering he was still recovering and most likely used the last of his energy darting out of the room like that. The hunter was beginning to wonder if this was even worth it anymore. The time time he decides to help out an innocent bystander on the side of the road and he gets caught up in a potential conspiracy and forsaking his duties, his next assignment had already arrived for all purposes he should've been long gone out of town at that point. 'You better be worth it' He grumbled under his breath at how utterly inconvenient this was turning out to be but nontheless made his way over to Damian and supported him with his weight, balancing a bit before heading back to the room so he could force the man to stay in bed and actually recuperate. "All you're turning out to be is nothing but a whole mess of trouble"

He glanced at the door. "Are you certain that it's not someone related to you?" he asked. "Because the man has a similar scent to yours..." He said. "And your blood type is identical." He grumbled. "I'll make it worth your while... leading a whole group has it's bonus's... Give you more money than you know what to do with..." he said, hoping to get his attention. "Now listen to me, Go out and get me blood> I don't care what blood, human works best but I don't want you killing an innocent human, also... play it cool... whoever poisoned that water is here, and he is looking for me, and likely for you." He said. "Bring me as much blood as you can, I will work on draining myself. They had a basin in the house, a sink basin that drained directly into the sewer, just no running water for obvious reasons. "Please?" He asked. He got up and moved into the kitchen with the basin, grabbed a chair and sliced his wrist longways up his vein. The hunter was quite patient with the wolf, he would have to pay him back.

"We don't operate in this land, we've our own guild" He grumbled as he made his way out of the room once more. Even so, if one of his own were in the area that would make things that much weirder. They had been raised to fight swiftly, kill cleanly, he and his brothers fought similarly which only added to the list of reasons of why they wouldn't be in this country. He had his own motives of course, his brothers however he wasn't too sure of.

-

It was roughly half and hour when Jaden made his way back to the room, female in one arm as they chatted away happily on the way back to the inn, into the kitchen. "Tell me again misteh, how many monsters did you really kill?" Jaden just laughed. "More than you can count love, but let me just tell you that ain't gonna be what you'll be thinking about in a moment" The woman giggled, her face blushing as the hunter opened the door and roughly pushed her inside. "Whoa a rough man" He spoke, not immediately noticing Damien. "Just how I like it" Jaden however immediately frowned, ignoring her as he gaze fell back on the hybrid. "Your list of debts is only growing" He called out, obviously irritated. The woman however raised a brow. "Wait, wha'?"

Damien had drained about 96% of his blood and he was very hungry, the thirst proven by the crimson eyes he had when the hunter tossed the woman in. In any other shape he would have rejected a live 'sacrifice' he didn't kill humans. But his thirst was controlling him. He looked over at him letting the last bit drain as he used the rest of his strength to grab the woman and latch on, sinking his vampiric fangs into her neck as he drank from her. He drank every last drop, causing her to die of bloodloss for obvious reasons. He laid her body down and looked at her and then looked up at him. "Believe it or not... that's the first human I've ever killed." He said. He stood up and licked the blood from his lips then glanced down at the dead girl. "Hm." He said. "Debt, yeah...yeah... I know." He rolled his eyes. "I will pay you back, hush." He said.

"I think you're full of shit" He replied, half-serious. He'd watched the entire scene without battling an eyelash, leaning against a support beam with his arms crossed. At the very least he was happy Beatrice was nowhere around, tending to her flower shop at the moment most likely. "Lucky you're hot" He muttered then made his way out to see if he could swipe a bottle or two from behind the bar. "I ain't helping you clean your mess by theway"

"Full of shit about what, ya prick?" He asked, his eyes narrowing almost playfully at him. "Don't worry about the mess... I have a way to clean it up..." He said. "You just won't like it so I won't tell you." he smirked at him. Hybrids had their own way of doing things...

"I think I already know" He muttered back, not wanting to picture the idea. "Just almost die again in the process, I'm getting tired of having play rescuer without getting paid" That said he finally left back toward the bar area and jumped the counter. Not wasting any time he scanned the various labels, for a drink or two to take on the road. The inn keep wouldn't mind... much.

Damien waited for him to leave and then he shifted his form and took care of the mess by dragging it out and burying it. He got the job done extremely quickly burying it deep. While he was outside he was approached by someone while in his wolf form. He growled and heard a click of a gun being cocked and he bolted just as the shot rang out. He quickly ran off into the forest, he didn't want to get anyone hurt or kill another human so close to that house. He did bury her, but at this point it didn't matter. Whoever that man was, he had that Sigil, he was here for Damien, to finish what he started. Killing Damien, that was his goal, he was likely the one to poison the water and was likely stalking him. Did the man know Jaden was in on this?

The sudden sound of a firearm echoing through the air drew Jaden's attention as he hurried back to the kitchen and got the front door, not even realizing he was carrying two bottles of brandy with him along the way. Damien was nowhere to be found but a curious, almost familiar looking man stood in the clearing right before the forest. Noticing another the stranger looked back toward the inn, looking back at the hunter with a similar look of surprise. "Lars?" Jaden called out, not actually believing the sight of his brother. The other male looked him up and down briefly, not immediately speaking, but sneered the moment he noticed the two bottles of brandy in Jaden's grip. "I see you haven't changed, brother. Thought the material life would've left you for dead by now" Lars then turned back to peer into the forest as he inspected his firearm. "I received word that you were in the area, was not expecting to be forced to do your work for you however" He frowned. "Your mark got away"

Jaden paused, thinking quickly. "I- he wouldn't have gotten away if you hadn't scared him off" Lars shook his head as he reloaded his pistol and pocketed it at his side. "Don't blame me for your own incompetence" He spat on the ground. "Your target was under your nose this entire time and yet you failed to act proper... It is of no consequence however, as this is not the reason why I'm here. Mother wishes you home. She worries sick, I cannot fathom why, and feels you have gone too far astray" It was Jaden's turn to frown. "I'm finding that hard to believe" Lars shook his head. "Me as well. Alas, here I am"

Damien stayed in the trees as the two argued. 'So he does know him...' he figured he did. He took off deciding to come back later, hopefully killing this man that was apparently known as 'Lars'. Jaden was a great fuck, but it wasn't worth dealing with the danger right now. He left and went off towards his home, leaving the two there for the moment. He needed to find his other packmates and arrange for the war he was starting unintentionally. He didn't know what the man was going to do when he didn't return for a short time, but it would be 5 days till he finally saw him once again. It was in the middle of the night and he couldn't sense the other male known as Lars , but he did hear Jadens heartbeat after tracking him down.

Jaden had been stalking the countryside that night, doing some investigative work of vampire sightings in a quiet border town out by the mountains. It was a bit of work finally shaking off his brother, for all the disdain the man apparently had for him he had been pretty adamant in his attempt to get him to come home. He continued to try to play it off as their mother being worried sick, something Jaden knew wasn't the case at all, however Lars failed to reveal any further details whenever he tried to push the subject as to why he was really there. The best he could get were cryptic words that something big was on the horizon, really big, and if he stayed in that land he'd inevitably be caught in the crossfire.

Whatever the case, the hunter still firmly refused until his brother had just vanished altogether, just as mysteriously as he had arrived. Maybe something big really was going to happy, the way things were it sure seemed to be the case, however he felt he could weather whatever storm was headed his way. If push turned to shove he'd flee once more across the border and be done with it all, maybe join a hunter's guild in the Southlands. Whatever the case, so long as he wasn't home and got a paycheck he'd be content.

Damien was stalking Jaden - the thing he did know about Jaden was that he thought before he acted, at least most of the time so he could keep his head by jumping him as long as he was able to successfully disarm him. He wasn't stupid though, Jaden would fight him if he jumped him, but Damien enjoyed the thought of getting punched by him so some godawful reason. He watched as he walked back towards the inn where he was staying, with a glance to the woman at the front desk, she said nothing and let him in. He walked down the corridor waiting for the other to retire to his room, it was late so it wouldn't take long he hoped. He finally heard everything go silent and he slowly slipped inside. He could hear the man's heart beat slowly in rhythm with his breathing which also was quite low. It meant he was asleep or close to it. Damien quietly snuck over and pulled his weapons off of the table, keeping them away from him just in case. He then quickly moved over him and pinned him down. The moonlight reflected into the room would show the glint off his fangs and off his luminescent blue eyes. He had his hands wrapped around Jaden's wrists and he was sitting on his thighs. He didn't want him figuring out that it was him until he got himself loose from Damien's grip. He enjoyed these games. Especially if they ended up almost getting him killed half the time.

After turning in from his preliminary investigation Jaden awoke with a start in the middle of the night. His hands held back he was unable to even move as he stared straight into the dark blue eyes staring straight at him in the middle of the night. Despite the mounting panic welling deep inside he did what he could to calm himself as he stared straight back, watching. He'd wait until the intruder attacked, or let down their guard, the timing would be short but the very moment pressure came off his hands or legs he'd spring away and launch his own counter-attack.

Damien looked directly into his eyes and he smirked slightly. He thought about biting him and decided to go for it, leaning forward but keeping him pinned down. When he leaned down to bite him, he didn't bite him with fangs, just his teeth with the feel of his fangs grazing his flesh. "Hey Jaden..." he whispered in his ear before pulling back smirking. He hadn't been around for a while, so he didn't know what was up with the hunter. He had been gathering up intel and working with his pack leaders to bring him back money and other things he wanted.

Jaden just continued to glare in the darkness. Still pinned down as he was, the man wasn't able to actually retaliate but potentially being bitten did cause adrenaline to shoot through his veins. "Fuck off" He fired back, half-serious. He couldn't see worth anything in the darkness, but the voice was definitely unique enough for him to pinpoint exactly who it was. Besides, out of the few people he was still on speaking terms with there wasn't many who would just barge in in the middle of the night. "Said you were a pack leader, yeah? This some sort of missions of yours or do you get hard off of causing my blood pressure to spike?"

"Oh, the beating of your heart does help, I suppose." he grinned letting him go. "easier to meet up in the middle of the night when you can't jump me.... since I can get the first move in. I had to make sure your brother wasn't here. And it felt good to pin you, I'll admit." he laughed softly. "Well, Jaden... yes, I'm a pack leader, no, I don't have a 'mission'." he laughed, producing a bag for him. "1000 there." He said. "Likely more than you've gotten on a couple hunts combined. More where that came from." He dumped the bag on his chest and then leaned down. "Now... I went back to talk to my pack, and there are bigger things going on back there, because your brother targeted a peaceful tribe... the other tribes, you know, the ones that aren't so peaceful and kill humans for a living, they have declared war on Hunters. I did my best to stop it, but, innocents are about to start falling all over the land unless we do something. I can help you kill the leaders of 4 of the other packs, other 3 are peaceful." he said. "That will stop the fighting, I hope. Cutting off the head." he said. "Now, whats in it for you, do you want to see millions slaughtered for a pathetic war between hunters and supernatural, or... do you want to stop it? Because if you don't wanna stop it, be my guest, wrack up bounty after bounty." he said.

"Prick" Jaden muttered in response. "He's gone if you curious. Doubt for long. Warned me to get out while it was still quiet" He shrugged. "Couldn't get a word on why he was here to begin with but the guy's schemeing big time, could just tell"

The moment the bag of coins fell to his chest he reached in, judging their weight. "Sounds like big things are happening on both sides" He spoke as he pulled out a couple of coins and inspected them in what little moonlight he was getting from the window. "Not bad though, this almost makes up for having to save your ass twice" He smirked and scratched the man a couple of times under his chin. "I'm more curious about what you get out of this though. Kill off every other leader, create a power vaccume- that puts you in a pretty good position be put into control of everything" He chuckled. "Or is there something more?"

Back
Top Bottom