Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

English 2352 {DearestDarling & Dane Stalling}

Luke woke to the sun in his face. The lake reflected the glare and he squinted through the rails of the balcony. He didn’t remember climbing the stairs.

Rose was gone. He remembered that much, remembered trying to gather his thoughts to stop her, to say something that would make her stay, trying through the haze of the champagne and the persistent excitement of his body, even as the dust rose up red in the tail lights of the truck, to understand what he had said that had changed the air between them.

He remembered finding the bottle of bourbon as he went back to the mansion to find his pants.

That explained the headache and the raging thirst and the way the tiny waves that broke on the pebbled beach below grated on him. The nausea though, wasn’t from the liquor. He was sure.

She was gone. What had he said to set her off? He staggered to his feet, needing the bathroom. He had found his jeans in the night, dragged them up here even, but hadn’t managed to get into them in the dark. He had slept on the folded duvet and as he took the first few tentative steps toward the bathroom, he looked down and saw the black silk rope wrapped around his ankle. Bits of the night flitted in and out of his mind. He couldn’t be sure which parts were drunken dreams. Pink champagne, a snarling dog, lying on a cliff with his arm hanging over the precipice, damp hair, boiling in a soup, overturning a boat. He had dreamed over and over of throwing stones into the lake. Stone after stone. Some of them were gemstones, emeralds, chocolates, rings.

He looked at his left hand. He could hardly see the indentation where the ring used to be. Only a slight tan line. That part wasn’t a dream. He shook off the rope and used the bathroom, drank what seemed like a gallon of over-aerated water from the tap. He needed a shower to wash off the chlorine and the alcohol sweat, but he couldn’t use the one here. He kept seeing Rose, pinching her nipples for him, luring him into the water.

He showered in a guest bathroom shower cubicle, barely wide enough for his shoulders. The grief formed itself into a ball and pushed his organs out of the way. Settled in his belly. He felt clean at least and he wandered the mansion and its property, setting things back to the way they had been. The canoe, the bed, even the silk rope tied innocently around curtains instead of Rose’s wrists. He worked in just the jeans. She had taken everything else. Even his shirt.

That was a strange thing she did. He didn’t remember her getting the shirt but he was sure it had been upstairs. It was gone though. Along with all of her clothes. He had his phone and his jeans and nothing else. He turned the phone on again and slipped it into his pocket. He didn’t want to see the messages that would spin by. He found a work shirt in the garage and put it on. It was too small for him.

The phone buzzed in his pocket. Dozens of messages he’d have to sift through later when there wasn’t a headache, when there was less raw humiliation.

He pulled the sliding door shut, locked it, put the key back into the fake rock. Every meaningless small action he could think of to undo the night. It didn’t work. When he was done he stood outside the gate on the road, the lock looped through the hasp, pulled the phone out finally and dialed.

“Hey Josh. I need a ride.”

——

Josh fumed in the driver’s seat of his practical green car. Luke leaned against the passenger window, his head against the glass, his eyes closed.

“You fucking tell them and they never fucking listen. Every fucking time. This. Who picks up the pieces? The stupidest fucking friend in the world. Me.”

He spoke more to himself than to Luke. “Is she going to press charges?”

Luke shrugged. “I didn’t rape her.”

“That wasn’t the fucking question, asshole. Try to keep up.”

Luke closed his eyes again. It didn’t matter. His head hurt and he kept wondering if Rosalie’s imaginary study group were real, what kind of insane students would have invited her to it.

“Look. You sleep this off in my pool house. Then we need to have a postmortem on this. You have to tell me everything, and I mean everything because the shit is going to come down on you when your hot little piece of ass starts calling news stations.”

Luke snorted humorlessly. At least Rosalie wouldn’t do that. She would consider it beneath her.

"Just take me to my house and leave. I’ll take care of myself.”

“Fucking every time,” Josh said under his breath, “unbelievable.”

The house looked like someone else’s. The sage green looked duller than he remembered. He wondered if the locks were already changed. But it didn’t matter. He didn’t have a key anyway.

He got out of the car, jumped the side gate and walked around to the back. He lifted the sliding door off the tracks and made a space he could squeeze through. He could tell Isobel wasn’t there just by the feel in the air.

He threw a bunch of clothes in a backpack and picked up his car keys.

——

The numbness settled in as he pulled out of the driveway in his own stupid, fuel efficient safety winner of 2009. How had he ended up in a car so aggressively dehumanizing as this one? He knew the answer. It started with “I.” He drove out of the neighborhood, parked in the McCallum High School parking lot and pulled out the phone. Twenty seven messages from Isobel. She had gone from concerned wife to separated with the intent to divorce in fifty seven minutes. He didn’t even read them all. She was staying in an undisclosed place where she would “feel safe” from him. He recognized the narrative. He had heard her give it each time one of Isobel’s friends got divorced. Now it was her turn to shine.

Twenty seven messages from Isobel, and one from Juniper.

Hey cowboy. Heard there’s trouble back at the ranch. What say you drop by for a little neighborly comfort? I got a guest room with a door that locks and a bed that don’t squeak much.

He deleted Juniper’s and wrote one to Rosalie. What did I say? and sent it.

He picked up energy bars, cans of tuna, a commercial size box of saltines, a flat of water bottles at the Fresh & Pack, then he turned his car south and drove back to Lady Bird Lake with his windows down and the radio silent.

He could sleep in the mansion bed for a night or two. They hadn’t done anything in the bed.

——

The email came the next morning as he was getting ready to introduce Chopin. He had promised, but she wouldn’t be there to appreciate it.

Part of him was relieved, the smaller part. The rest of him could still feel her sliding off of his cock in the hot tub, tapping the empty bottle by accident with her toe to spin it. When it stopped it pointed away from him toward the truck. She went where it pointed.

“Kate Chopin wrote about a strong woman,” he said, leaning against the table at the front of the lecture hall. The empty desk seemed to laugh at him. “And guys, if you’re lucky, you’ll never piss one off.”

They weren't his words. She knew that from the moment she heard them, but did that even matter? She had hardly slept Sunday night, turning the evening over in her head and trying to make sense of it all. The buttery warmth of his lap in the cab of the truck. The way her heart had stuttered as he pinned her wrists above her and burned her with that kiss, that kiss that was fully cognizant, demanding... He never questioned if he deserved it, why she had made an exception for him. He took it because he knew she wanted to give it to him. He wanted her lips for his.

She watched every minute of class tick by. What if she left now, showed up to class and pretended like nothing had happened? Was that even an option? No. There would be the roses at his neck, still blooming. He would look at her and she would feel and the thought was too damn much. She wondered if he would still teach Chopin. It hardly mattered, but at least his lesson plans might've improved from the tryst.

She scrolled through her contacts, found Alex. She thought of texting him, of fucking Luke out of her system, but just the thought made her sick. She scrolled down further-- Luke. Had he tried to call her? Text her? She unblocked his number out of curiosity, and instantly a text came through.

'What did I say?'

Her stomach twisted. The cursor blinked back at her, taunting her. He would be in the middle of class. Usually her favorite time to tease him, but there would be no teasing now.

'You tried to take something that I don't have to give.'

She sent it, then scrolled back up to Alex, tapped his contact page. It had always worked before.

'Pick me up at the library in ten minutes. I'm not wearing any panties that you can steal.'

That wasn't true, not yet, but by the time he picked her up it would be.

***​

"Fuck, Rose. Bend over, I want it from behind..."

It was a mindless frenzy of physical sensation. Rose's mind was miles away as Alex shoved her over the edge of his bed, pounded into her like an animal. He didn't murmur sonnets in her ear. He didn't worship her lithe body as though she were his own personal goddess, he didn't savor her like a moist, strawberry cupcake. When she said 'go' it had just been a race to the bitter end, contorting into halfhearted positions as they both got their fix. Or tried to. All Rose could think about was the lake.

"Rose... Hello? I feel like I'm doing all the work here..." He smacked her soundly on the ass and grinned. "I missed this. Who's the guy that did this to you, I want to thank him..."

"None of your fucking business."

He smacked her again, making her yelp. "This again, the secrecy? You know I'm going to find out, you might as well tell me. God, you're so fucking wet... He did a number on you. You have it bad for him..." His hips kept a sloppy pace as he eased in and out of her. Rose sighed, crawled onto the bed and away from him.

"What, did I strike a nerve or something? None of your stupid boyfriends ever work out, Rose, I don't know why you even bother. I thought you finally got it. This is what you can sustain. Nothing else is going to satisfy you." He pushed back his mop of blond hair, smiled at her. The words weren't cruel, they were true. It hadn't worked out before, and it wasn't likely to now. That was why she ran, before she had been swallowed whole by it.

"Yeah... Look, I've gotta go." She couldn't look at him, couldn't bear to see his smug face. He grunted indignantly, gestured to his cock.

"I didn't even finish!"

"Well, neither did I. Next time, keep your mouth shut, I told you, you talk too fucking much."

***​

"You're moping."

"Moping?" The question came from a ridiculous mound of pink bubbles. Somewhere in that foam was Rosalie, but Jessica could hardly make her roommate out. She sat on the bathroom counter, swinging her legs.

"Yes, moping. You only take baths when you mope. Did you pour the whole bottle of bubble bath in? That shit is expensive, and it's mine." The telltale green glass bottle rested on the edge of the tub, empty. Two more glass bottles, brown ones, rested beside it, also empty. 512 IPA.

"I'm only borrowing these bubbles. I promise I'll give them back..." That made Jessica grin.

"So since when do you drink IPA? Are you really this hung up over Professor Campbell? It's not like you. I thought you were just playing with him."

"I thought I was too. And I was, and then..."

"Do you have some kind of... Feelings for him, Rose? You know he's married. And your professor. I was all for a night of debauchery, but the night's over. Time to face the music." Jessica turned to the mirror, tousled her hair a little.

"He wanted to eat Chinese with me in San Francisco."

"I've never heard of that one before. Oh wait-- is that when the girl is on top, but she's bending his cock so that it--"

"What? No! God, Jess, your mind is like an inner-city playground. Such a dirty place to play." But Rose was laughing, and that had been the point.

***​

Jessica waited until his office hours the next day, bouncing with anticipation as she found his cramped little office. Her professor was there, obscured a bit by the stacks of books on his desk, but she didn't bother to knock or announce her arrival. Couldn't anyone drop by during office hours, anyway?

She locked the door behind her, strode to his desk and slammed the green glass bottle on the desk so hard that it threatened to break. It looked weirdly out of place there, like a magic potion that had been stolen from a fairy tale.

"You owe me $32.50. I'm a student, Professor Campbell, do you think I can just drop that kind of money any time I want?"

Luke picked up the bottle, sniffed it, wiped the wet ring it left off a page of notes. "Did you just lock my office door?"

“What, are you afraid I’m here to jump your bones or something? I’m just here to talk, sorry to say, and I’m not sure you want just anyone passing by to hear about you and Rose and your filthy romance novel fantasy on Saturday night… Am I right? What did you do to her?”

Luke’s phone buzzed on the lecture hall table and Rosalie’s panties lit up his screen. He’d have to change that eventually.

You tried to take something that I don’t have to give.

He slipped the phone into his pocket. It wasn’t true. He knew what she had to give and he wanted it, but he couldn’t think how he had tried to take anything from her. He wasn’t going to try to engage Rosalie one sentence at a time in phone messages though.

Kate Chopin split the class along gender lines. Luke could see the change in posture. The girls straightened up a little and several of the guys sprawled, barely suppressing groans. Rosalie’s empty desk seemed to have its hand raised perpetually on her behalf.

Jack raised his hand. “Can’t we read something cool, like, I don’t know, by Rick Castle or something?”

Luke squinted at him and a few students giggled. “You know there is no Rick Castle, right Jack? He’s a character on a television show and the books he writes in the show don’t exist. You know this?"

Jack shifted in his seat. “What happened to your neck? Looks like the wife tried to suck your heart out through your neck."

Luke’s left thumb touched the place where his ring used to be.

“Accident with a curling iron, Jack. Beauty has its costs."

When class was over Luke escaped as quickly as he could to the privacy of his office. Rosalie’s presence was stronger there, but at least he didn’t have to suffer through it with twenty students looking on.

——

He hadn’t been there five minutes though, when Jessica barged in and frowned at him across his desk. "What did you do to her?”

"I don’t know. I don’t know what I did or said. Something set her off and I don’t even know what it was. I mean, I kissed her. She said something about not kissing and I kissed her. She seemed to like it.” He held the bottle up. “What is this? Dish soap?"

“Bubble bath. Very expensive bubble bath, but would you really rather— wait, what? You kissed her… Like, on the mouth?”

“It kind of doesn’t count anywhere else.” He had kissed her pussy right here on this desk. His mouth watered and his stomach hurt. He didn’t mention it. "You’re Jessica, right? Dirty pictures in front of Christmas lights?"

“That’s me, I moonlight as a boudoir photographer. So you kissed her. That’s… Fuck. No wonder she’s all screwed up now.”

Luke put his pen down. "What do you mean ‘screwed up’?"

“I mean ever since I took those pictures, she won’t tell me what’s going on and she always tells me about her wild escapades… Until you. She wouldn’t tell me about you— why? She showed up sometime early Sunday reeking of wine and rambling about Shakespeare… Now she’s taking bubble baths and drinking IPA. She’s talking about not playing our gig tonight and my cousin Brandy is going to be pissed if we don’t, because she pulled a lot of strings to make it happen. I’ve never seen her like that. So… Uncertain. It’s not like her.”

“Yes. Wine. And dark lady sonnets… she had pulled away earlier. On the balcony.” He remembered the look on her face. “She wanted to feel something, she said."

“So that’s what you did. You made her feel something. Fuck. What did you say? She acted like you proposed to her or something… She nearly drowned herself in bubbles bath, listening to Aretha Franklin… I didn’t even know she liked Aretha.”

“I didn’t say anything like that. I mean probably. I was a little fuzzy on some of what happened. I don’t drink a lot of champagne… especially not…” He could still taste it, mixed with her hair. “I might have asked her to meet for coffee…"

"See, that's what I told her. You were drunk. You had no idea what you were saying, didn't mean any of it... She doesn't do second dates. She doesn't do dates. She was supposed to take you to a club and dance on you, fuck you somewhere dark and quiet and then drop you back off at home. It sounds like exactly none of that happened.”

Luke leaned back in his chair. "There was dark and quiet. There was... quite a variety of, yes. Anyway. She didn't drop me back off at home. I didn't know any of this. I would have..." He would have done it all again and he knew it. "Shit." He pulled a couple of twenties out of his wallet, rolled them, and put them in the mouth of the bubble bath bottle. "Here, anyway.”

“I know, she left you. I told her that was fucked up, but… I think she panicked.” She ran a hand through her hair, shaking it out nervously. “Look… I feel bad, I encouraged her, but… I didn’t know this was going to happen. I need you to talk to her because I can’t live with her when she’s like this. It’s only been a day and she’s already driving me crazy.”

Luke snorted a laugh. "I think the last person in the world she want to talk to is me. I wouldn't even know what to say- she’s a minefield, all these things going on that I can't see." He missed her skin though, and the taste of her.

"Why am I paying for your bubble bath?" he said, and regretted it. The hot tub, her head on his shoulder, bubbles in the water, bubbles in her hair.

“She takes bubble baths when she’s moody. And drinks pale ale, apparently, but that’s new.” She eyed him suspiciously, pursing her lips. “You know… I’m glad you aren’t going to talk to her. It’ll be better this way, a clean break. You got what you wanted, right? A little excitement?”

Luke shook his head. "I got a little excitement, sure. But I didn't get what I wanted." He looked at Jessica between the stacks of books. Tried to read her face. She wouldn't trust him- anything he said right now, but it didn't matter. "I wanted her to feel. I didn't want her to feel pain or fear, or... whatever it was that made her bolt like that. But I did want her to feel. She made me feel too."

“You’re just as bad as she is.” She took the bottle, pulled out the money and counted it. She was making $7.50 for her troubles, barely minimum wage. “You didn’t get what you want, so what are you going to do about it? Just… let her go? Never see her again? Is the thought of… talking to her scarier than that?” She stood, fished a crumpled paper from her pocket and smoothed it out. “We’re playing at Emo’s again tonight at ten, the outdoor stage. Grow some balls and come talk to her.” She left the flyer on his desk, bright yellow and cheery.

Luke watched the flyer rewrinkle itself. "You know what's scary to me," he said, folding the flyer carefully in quarters, "Is hurting her. Can you know I won't do that? Because I'm not buying you any more bubble bath."

Jessica sighed, resting her hand on her hip. “I’m not cut out for this relationship counselor crap. If I thought it would hurt her to have you come to the show, I wouldn’t even be here— what kind of friend do you think I am?” She clutched the glass bottle in her hand, sizing him up, debating whether she should say anything further. “…She misses you. She’s never missed someone.”

Luke looked at the small square of yellow in his hand. "Maybe," he said, then smiled and shrugged. "You do play a mean set.”

——

The ink spread in a circle where Jessica’s green bottle had been sitting. Aretha Franklin and IPA. She had told him she didn’t drink beer. She wanted parts of what had happened Saturday night, and she didn’t want other parts, and he didn’t know which was which.

And what did he want? To tiptoe through minefields?

He put the yellow square in his pocket. He was done tiptoeing.

Hours passed, and she stayed in the tub until every last bubble had popped, revealing her in the tepid water. She smoothed her hands over her thighs, remembering... His pen digging into her skin, scrawling promises that he wanted her to make, but she had laughed. Didn't he know that promises were part of a language she had never learned to speak? That one had been funny, but then the others... More last times. In a tent, under a tree... In his bed. She sighed, wrapping her arms around herself. Maybe he had meant it, maybe he hadn't, but the risk of believing in anything past the next hour seemed too terrifying.

He had touched her everywhere-- with his supple hands, his devilish tongue, and maybe worst of all, those eyes... He had seen her, caught a glimpse of a Rose that usually never saw the light of day. And for good reason. She fingered the necklace around her throat, tugging a little and thinking of when he pulled her down to meet him for that kiss. She wanted to bottle that moment and feel it whenever she liked-- how raw it was, how electrifying. He had claimed every bit of her for himself, and she had begged to be claimed.

Now her body didn't feel like her own. She touched her neck where he had given her a twin mark, a matching tattoo. It would fade in a few days, but long after the physical evidence was gone, she would still feel it.

"Look at the stars, Rose." He was pulling at her hair gently, and she hummed her approval, opening her eyes as he gently pulled her head back. Tiny witnesses blinked back at her, so bright away from the haze of the city, so many that it would take years to count them. She had mocked them on the balcony, but that was before. They were just fucking, then, and the stars' presence felt like overkill somehow, cheap rose petals and satin sheets, gimmicks that were only sexy because someone had decided they were. Artificial sensuality. These were the same stars glittering back at her, but somehow they had irrevocably changed. Or maybe they were the same, and she had.

"Luke..." She wanted to tell him everything, all of her new discoveries, but then she felt the champagne soaking into her hair, into her scalp as he gently massaged it in. She shifted in his lap, feeling his cock pressing against her back, patient but ready to take her again.
"There's time." She remembered him saying that, but how much? Minutes, hours, days? Who set the clock?

Then he pressed his lips to her hair and greedily drank. His tongue swept over her back and collected every stray drop, and the only word her lips could form was his name, quiet, pleading. Did he know that usually she had already forgotten the guy's name when they reached his bedroom, his car, some other neutral territory? No, he couldn't know.

He didn't text her back. "It's fine," she said to the glass bottles on the rim of the tub, as though somehow saying it out loud would give the thought more power. He was probably pissed at her for leaving; he had every right to be. Or maybe he just couldn't think of what to say. Or maybe... Or maybe she was right, and now that he had opened her book and found the pages blank, he thought it would be better to leave them that way, save his words for someone else.

"It really is fine," she insisted.

***​

"Come on, Rosalie, I don't have time for this shit. Get your bass and your ass in the car and let's go." Jessica rapped her knuckles on Rose's door. No response. Something dark and alternative blared from the other side, Radiohead. "Goddamn it." She jiggled the handle, the door was locked. Of course. She already had a screwdriver in hand and started on the hinges. Rose had more finesse when it came to breaking and entering, but Jessica could still get the job done.

"Real cute, Rose, like I'm not going to take this door off the frame..." She had it halfway unhinged before she heard something behind the door. Rosalie turned the lock and opened it quickly, poking her head out.

"Yes?" she asked innocently.

"Are you kidding me? I've been trying to get you out of your room for half an hour. Don't play dumb, we both know you aren't. Are you ready to go or what?"

"Or what." But she opened the door, and she looked ready, at least. Black velvet dipped between her breasts in a sweetheart neckline, smoothed over her belly, flounced out in a skater skirt. She had curled her hair, glossed her lips with baby pink. She looked ready, but she wasn't.

"What are you afraid of? What does whatever is going on between you and Professor Campbell-- Luke, whatever-- have to do with the show?"

"I invited him... So he'll probably be there." Jessica smiled guiltily, deciding not to mention that he had been invited twice.

"So what if he is? You've had exes come to our shows before-- remember that guy that stalked you for like, three months? You just laughed. What's so different now? He was just a one night stand. A poorly chosen if incredibly hot one night stand-- by the way, I need to hear more about the shower later--" She cut herself off, realization smacking her in the face. She knew what was different. "You aren't afraid of him showing up. You're afraid that he won't."

"It doesn't matter. He shouldn't-- that's what I want. It just needs to be over, before he starts thinking that we could be anything more than--"

"Rose, can you... Can you fucking chill? He's not going to come. If he does, he's not going to talk to you. If he talks to you, you can walk away. So what's the issue?" She pulled her phone out of her pocket, checked the time. "If we don't make sound check, Alex is going to flip his shit. Do you want to hear him moan all night?"

"Definitely not," Rose said almost too quickly, remembering their last rendezvous with a touch of nausea. She had to stop fucking him, it was only making things worse.

"Then grab your bass and let's bounce," Jessica pulled on her jacket, tucked her phone away. Had it been a mistake to get involved, to confront their professor? She was starting to wonder.

***​
There was a decent crowd outside already, groups of drunken, squealing girls crowding in front of the stage for selfies, a bouncer removing some creep for trying to flip someone's skirt up, beer mules shuffling inside for drinks, then back out. Another band had played before them with a bigger reputation and it had caused a major dispute; The Violent Delights were supposed to open for them at seven, but that's where Brandy had stepped in and worked her magic. These were the leftovers, and depending on how they played, they would stay and get drunk here or leave and get drunk somewhere else.

Alex was giddy through sound check. "All of these people," he said to himself, but Rosalie heard.

"All of these people came to listen to Sun Meets Horizon, not us." She was busy with something, wrapping black around her microphone stand, tying it so that the ends dangled against the cold chrome. A good luck charm, maybe.

"So what? They suck anyway, it's all about the haircuts and guyliner. You ready? Jessica, you? Let's play."

They zipped through a quick instrumental, setting the mood for the rest of the night. Jessica had worked out some kind of deal with a light techie from the theatre department-- what the deal was, Rose could probably guess-- and the results were spectacular, moody blues and purples sifting through the misty fog. Rosalie's focus was entirely on the strings in front of her, and not once did she try to search the crowd for her professor. Even with the fog, the churning sea of people below her, she knew with one glance she would be able to discern whether he was there or not, and she didn't want to know.

Rosalie nodded as she set up the heavily distorted baseline, her curls bouncing in time, crooning as Jessica crashed in on the drums.

"Good times, for a change...
See the luck I've
had, can make a good man turn bad
So please, please, please,
Let me, let me, let me
Let me, get what I want, this time..."

It was a shorter song, with none of the sad wistfulness of the original. Rosalie almost growled the lyrics, made them dark pretty curses that fell from her lips.

Luke sat in front of Emo's in his little economical Nissan. He could hear the bassline and the drums from the parking lot, inside his car with the windows closed. It was loud in there, but the music wasn't The Violent Delights. The band that was playing must have been a Scandinavian bikini team, because their music was definitely not the draw.

The lawyer had served him papers at his car when he was finished with his classes. They sat fanned out on the seat, their order determined by the turns, the starts and stops of his driving, the parking here in front of the club. Half of them had slipped onto the floor. Somewhere in there was an X next to an empty line and the freedom his signature would bring would be uncertain.

"Better than nothing," he said to himself, but it sounded flat even as he said it.

The band shuddered to a stop, mercifully, and a few clutches of girls staggered out, leaning on each other and giggling.

Luke waited, heard a guitar run through the pedal profiles for a sound check. He got out of the car.

The stage was smoky, the effects engineer was trying to get a haze up ahead of the next set and it was at the awkward unfinished stage where the heavy clouds billowing out of the stage only served to emphasize how empty the air was everywhere else.

Luke stood at the bar, ordered a beer and unbuttoned the second button on his shirt. He pulled the collar away from his neck. He had been unable to cover all of Rosalie's marks from Saturday night, but now he wanted them all to show, if only to remind himself that for one night she had wanted to mark him.

The set started and he stood in the back, just out of the hanging lights of the outdoor venue. The lighting guy had gotten it right though, and a mist softened every edge and made the bruise colored lights stab out of the rack for the lead up to a Smiths cover. The interpretation was a melancholy take on the original tune, and Rosalie made the most of the sound.

She stood in black in front of the mic, black everywhere and it sounded like she had drunk ink before the set. The liquid darkness of her voice seemed to settle in the spaces between the people in the crowd. They didn't know what to do with it. Some danced, but most just stood, stricken, and listened.

Her voice settled into the spaces between Luke's organs, joined the ball of grief, and softened it somehow. It was a miracle that she existed at all, and that she could do this to a crowd, to anyone. And he knew he should have been content with that, but he wasn't. It wasn't enough.

He started to move through the crowd, edging between the natural clumps of people, drifted together like sand dunes. He found an empty spot halfway to the stage and he stood and watched her, saw her body move on stage the way she had moved under the stars, on the pier, every time she took a step, he saw her hips swing as she led him from the balcony into the shower.

At the end of the song, the crowd applauded, and as it died down, a few seconds of silence stretched before the next song started.

Luke felt like the only person standing in front of the stage. He called out then, just loud enough to reach the stage, "I can still taste your hair."

Someone near him laughed.

"I can still taste your hair."

For a moment she was back in his class, sending him dirty pictures and texts. Back when she had been winning the game. 'Everything I eat tastes like you now.' She shuddered and exhaled into the mic accidentally, a moment so small that even Alex probably wouldn't catch it, but Luke would. A soft release of breath that he would probably taste if she let him. Her gaze flashed down to where he was standing, electrifying her with his presence.

He hadn't needed to say anything; Rosalie could've sworn that she felt him come in, felt his eyes burning into her as she played, the intensity of that heat growing with each step he took towards her. She tossed her hair to the side on a downbeat, trying to focus on the slide of her fingers across the frets, ignoring the nervous trembling as she pressed on the strings, eased off of them. She had never felt stage fright, but this had to be close. Silk snakes writhed in her belly, knotted into complicated pretzels. She felt too hot under the lights, and that searing way that he looked at her did nothing to help. Velvet hugged her body tightly and she felt stifled by it.

They were halfway through another song when her hands drifted from the neck of the bass, drawn to the side zipper of her dress. She found Luke at the foot of the stage, and her eyes didn't leave his as she started to pull. Somewhere, miles away to her right, she could hear Alex hissing "What the fuck?!" but she didn't stop, tugging until the zipper tread stopped at her hip. The dress dipped down and she peeled the black away, hot pink cupping her full, soft breasts, a sweet bow in the center. Her cheeks were so flushed that they nearly matched. But if Luke wanted to make her burn, she would make sure he burned along with her.

Why had Luke come to the show, after what she did? Anyone else would've been pissed, but he didn't seem angry with her. Her gaze lingered on his unbuttoned shirt, the marks that he didn't try to hide. He was proud of them, but why? Weren't they painful reminders of how she had rejected him, left him? He didn't seem to think so-- he wore them proudly, like a tattoo.

She began to play again, jumping back into the song with ease, smiling as though she wasn't half-nude in front of a hundred or so people. With each movement or swing of her hips, the dress slipped a bit lower, and the strappy sides of her matching panties winked out at the crowd, teasing. One little yank would strip her of it completely, but she didn't bother.

"Take it off! Let's see those tits!" someone called out, practically moaning with frustration. The crowd pressed closer to the stage, eager to see if the bassist intended to continue the unexpected striptease.

Alex seemed to get over his initial shock at her impromptu undressing and crossed the stage as they closed out the song, talking low and quickly, a huge grin on his face. The conversation wasn't audible to the expectant people below, but Rose scoffed shook her head at what Alex suggested. Jessica stood from behind the drums and chimed in with abundant enthusiasm, nodding and urging Rose, her hands fluttering like frantic birds. Rose relented, rolled her eyes and muttered under her breath, but Alex seemed satisfied, stepping back to his place on stage. He began to play before Rose could back out of the last minute arrangement, and she growled just close enough to the mic that something like "cheap gimmick" could be heard.

Compared to their usual stock, it was almost poppy, a stupid gag that Alex had come up with on the spot and Jessica fully endorsed. But Rosalie played along, putting aside the jitters that her professor gave her with that smoldering look and playing the part faithfully.

"I love myself, I want you to love me
When I feel down, I want you above me
I search myself, I want you to find me
I forget myself, I want you to remind me..."

Her lips were pouty and candy pink as they formed the lyrics, begging to be tasted. Slowly she swung her hips with the beat, until the dress slid down her hips, her long legs, soft and sweet as a lover's hands. It felt good to be free of it, surprisingly natural.

Her bass came down just low enough to cover most of her thin panties, but as she moved to the music, she allowed small, thrilling glimpses. It had been a stupid idea, a superficial way to capture an audience's attention, but Rosalie couldn't deny that she was enjoying it. So many eyes were fixated on her, her feverish body, and it eased the intensity she felt from her professor's gaze-- now he had a reason to stare. Her eyes were half-lidded, sultry, watching Luke's reaction, and then she closed them as she moaned into the microphone, biting her plump bottom lip. It was an unabashedly salacious performance, and she hoped that it would shake him to his core.

Luke saw Rose with a double vision as she unzipped the dress. She was on the edge of a precipice again, the stage, looking down. He saw her from the front, and he remembered her from the back, her hands tied up over her head in front of another precipice, her breasts pushed against the glass of the mansion, the moon and the lake in front of them.

The color in her cheeks betrayed more than just the heat of the music, the lights. He moved toward her, pushing through the crowd as the music went on as though nothing as beautiful as a dress falling off of Rosalie was happening.

Rosalie's shudder he had heard before, just before jumping in the lake.

He started to hear cheers, whistles as her zipper dropped. He leaned close to a drunk jock with a baseball hat backwards and low on his head. "Tell her to take it off," he said, and kept walking.

The quick conference on stage resulted in an old song, clearly not one from their repertoire, but one that Luke remembered memorizing in secret. The idea that a woman would masturbate had been a revelation as a teen, and he hadn't ever recovered from the shock and delight of the discovery.

He stepped up to the barrier just below the stage. He was looking up at Rosalie, her panties clearly visible from this angle. The picture on his phone was better, but it wasn't dancing. He rolled up his left shirt sleeve and pulled the pen from his pocket. He wrote, bold, on the inside of his forearm, pausing to appreciate the dress falling away from strawberry underwear. She had matched it to her lips and he realized for the first time that she had expected him to be there.

He listened to the song, waiting for the right time.

Rose growled it, making the most of the moment,

I close my eyes and see you before me,

Luke held out his arm so Rosalie could see the word he had written there: "FOOL"

Think I would die if you were to ignore me
A fool could see just how much I adore you
I'd get down on my knees, I'd do anything for you

Luke grinned as she sang the line. And to show it was mutual, he looked in her eyes and let his hand cover his cock, hard in his pants. He licked his lips and smiled at her, hungry. He had been hard since the moment she had walked onto the stage, black skirt fluttering her thigh. He rubbed himself and watched her flush. The song ended and he held both hands up in the air. He looked down at his pants. A wet spot the size of a quarter darkened them just to the right of his zipper. He looked back up at her and shrugged.

When the band took a break, he slipped around the side of the stage to find her.

Suddenly she wasn't playing a show, she was engaging in foreplay. Luke was far from the only one enjoying it, but there was no question of who she peeled her dress away for, who she sang to. She tossed her glossy hair, thick and heavy on her neck, and she wished that he was there to hold it, to kiss it, to wash it in whatever drink he chose. Why had she stranded him again? That night seemed so distant now, so stupid. He had recited a sonnet, drunk as he was easing her up and down on his cock, and that's what she was upset about? Words addressed to a dark lady, not her? He had used that word she hated, the one she mockingly sang into the mic, but there was no way he could've meant it, right? Jessica had said the same.

She watched, riveted, as he pulled out a pen to write on his arm. It would've been better if it was her pen, the one that he had used to write his poetry on her, that she had slowly circled her clit with, tapping the swollen flesh delicately, easing it in where the wet satin dove deep inside of her, as she imagined what his cock would feel like. She had that precious pen; it was on her nightstand. She couldn't make out the word, but she felt jealous of his skin, that he would use himself for paper instead of her.

Then he revealed it to her, that bold word, and she grinned, picking up the mic stand and moving it to the edge of the stage. Luke was directly below her, and she watched, riveted, as he palmed himself through his jeans. Her pulse was racing, and the moans and breathy crooning was no longer manufactured, but real. He was beyond lewd and it thrilled her. She watched as he caressed himself, finding his eyes and flushing-- not with bashfulness, but with want. She wanted him to go further, to start undressing too, but while she had the excuse of performance art, he would probably be kicked out for public indecency. Having breasts pardoned her from those inconveniences.

The rest of the set had been a blur, and she hadn't bothered to dress after they'd ended the Divinyls cover; her dress was still in an inky heap on the stage floor. As soon as she rested her bass back on the stand, Jessica bounded over to her, twirling her drumsticks excitedly between her long fingers. "That was awesome," she gushed, "you should strip at every gig. Your ass looked fantastic from back there..."

"It would bring in more people," Alex said with a smirk, fiddling with his guitar strap. "So who was that freak in the front? Your latest fucktoy? I didn't know you were into older men..."

"He's not just older! He's our professor!" Jessica squealed before she could stop herself. Rosalie pinched her arm discreetly, causing her to yelp.

"Rose, you serious? You're fucking your professor?"

"So what if I am? Anyway, I only fucked him once... Well, four times technically, but all in one night. Not that it's any of your business." She turned to walk away, and he caught her arm.

"I guess it's not my business," he said, though his tone disagreed with the sentiment, "but you gotta know how stupid that is. Stop putting out and he'll flunk you."

"You're an idiot." Rose pulled her arm free from his grip, resting her hand on her nearly-bare hip. "He wouldn't. Besides, I'm not even..." Was she really going to drop his class? She said she would, but she hadn't pulled the trigger yet. "He wouldn't."

"Is it the tricky ethics that get you so hot and bothered? You were always such a teacher's pet...." Jessica had slinked off to busy herself with the band equipment, anything to let her escape from the conversation she had sparked.

"You'd love all the juicy details, wouldn't you? You wanna hear how he tied me to a curtain rod and fucked me from behind? His cock is so big and he knows how to use it, but I guess that's the difference between a boy and a man, isn't it? You want me to tell you about how I was riding that cock on the balcony, how he pounded into me in the shower? He was so fucking deep, I wanted to scream...." Jessica had edged closer to the two again with some feeble pretense to keep her looking occupied. "That's enough spank bank fodder for one night, huh? Now if you'll excuse me, I have a very eager fan I need to meet--" She could see Luke entering the backstage area; had he heard her?

She left Alex to fume and Jessica to fantasize, her boots clicking on the matte floor below as she left the stage, finding Luke in the wings. His jeans were wet, and she touched her tongue to her lip, sizing him up.

"I really didn't think you would come." She grinned at the double entendre, resting her hand on his forearm, where he labeled himself. Her fingertips traced the letters, the contact delicate and precise. She missed his heat, his ink... Him.

"You said if I wanted something from you, you would give it to me." She slid her hand down to his own, her fingers sliding into the spaces between his fingers. They fit. "I want you to buy me a drink. I want to know what you're thinking, this very moment. I want you to take me somewhere, I don't care where. That's what I want. What do you want?" Her eyes were wide and wild.

The argument on the stage had Rosalie in the guitarist’s face, and he was white with anger. He hadn’t ever seen her so incensed. But when she turned to walk toward him, her expression changed completely. She looked hungry and delicious all at once.

“I didn’t come,” he said as she traced the letters on his arm, “I was drawn, teased, serenaded, and you of all people should recognize a little slickness in a heated moment.”

He leaned close as she slipped her hand into his. “So forgive me, Rose, if I take your requests in reverse order.”

He drew her away from the stage steps, into the labyrinth below. He opened and closed a couple of doors without knocking. Closets and storage rooms, then a dressing room. He pulled her in and flipped the lights on. It was a simple room, a bulb up high, a make up mirror with its square of globes, a couch, a chair. A few pieces of old equipment darkened the corners, cannibalized amplifiers, an old mic on a stand, a rack of ancient equalizers and preamps.

Luke turned on the mirror lights and pulled the mic stand to the middle of the room. He turned Rosalie away from the mirror. The little room was dark, painted black decades ago. They could have been anywhere- in a cave facing away from the opening, or backlit on a stage, a dark audience in front of them.

“I’ll tell you what I was thinking, what I am thinking right now.”

He stood behind her, smelled her hair, her skin. He recognized the faint scent of the expensive bubble bath. He put her hands on the mic stand.

“You were on stage and I saw you sway, but I saw you the way you were Saturday night too, from behind.”

He closed his eyes, feeling the stage around him, the lights behind, the tips of his fingers touching the smooth of her back. "I am behind you on stage, my hand on your back. I feel your voice on the tips of my fingers as you sing something soulful, slow, not a song I know, but it moves me.”

He gathered her hair and lifted it, kissed high on the back of her neck.

“You are making love to the crowd, stroking their minds, your sound caressing them around their ears, your voice filling their mouths and it is beautiful, but who is making love to you?”

He bit her shoulder gently, kissed her neck again, her hair in his right fist as his left hand unzipped his pants.

“It is so unfair, so as you sing I touch you, your ears, your throat. I bare you to the crowd, and you are no less exposed than you are just singing to them.”

Luke unhooked her bra, slipped it away. He cupped both of her breasts from behind, felt her nipples in his palms. He pressed his lips against the back of her head and his chest against her back. He held her, his cock pressed against her bottom. He pressed her flesh, lifted with his hands, smoothed over her skin with his fingertips, teased her nipples with squeezes.

“Your voice is changing as you sing. Something flowers as the notes leave you, a desperate sound. I run my hands down your front, slip fingers into your panties, I find you ready, slick and hot. You have been making love with nobody touching you.”

He took a breath and whispered in her ear. “I touch you.”

He slipped his hands down, pulled her panties down her thighs and let them drop to the floor.

"You think that I was singing just to you?" But her grin gave her away. She had expected this meeting to be more than a little uncomfortable-- after all, she had last seen him in the rear view mirror of the truck, looking so confused and trying to convince her to stay. But he didn't seem to hold it against her, or maybe the promise of spending this night together was enough of an apology. Maybe he would take her somewhere dark, fuck her until she was begging to come, and then leave her, just as she left him. Even if that was what he planned, she would still follow him.

As Luke led her back stage, they passed the light guy, the cute one that Jessica had finagled into mostly-free labor, and Rosalie took one of the tequila shots he clutched in his hand, knocked it back quickly and thrust the glass back into his hand, her movements so fast that he only started to object after Luke had pulled her halfway down the hallway. "That was for Jess!" But Rose shrugged and smiled, her mouth full of smoke, but the grin sweetened it. He didn't need the tequila anyway, she knew Jessica would likely take him home tonight.

"What is this place?" At one point it must've been a dressing room, but the junk that sat against the walls of the space suggested it hadn't been used for its intended purpose for years. Still, half of the globe lights flickered to life as Luke flipped the switch, and he seemed satisfied enough with the space. She watched him, curious, waiting for him to explain why it was superior to the nicer dressing rooms and even closets that they had passed by. Ones with locks on the doors. The air was stale on her bare skin, smelling faintly of paint, rusted metal, but it wasn't unpleasant. He dragged a rust-speckled mic stand to the center of the room, and Rose's heart started to beat in double time. He wanted to play a game, and she loved his games.

He was behind her then, and she wasn't sure if she was glad he hadn't tried to kiss her, or disappointed. It was probably better that way, less complicated, but then his fingertips were tracing tantalizing patterns into her back, and thoughts of what he wasn't doing no longer occurred to her. Her eyes fluttered shut and she clenched the cold chrome in front of her, seeing the stage with him, the expectant crowd below. Her skin was hot, even in the drafty room, and she shuddered as Luke lifted her hair away, pressed his soft lips to her neck. From far away, she could hear the distant rumbling of music pumping through the speakers, distorted, as though they were listening from an underground cave.

He painted the scene in her mind and she could feel that incredible high from performing— it was still fresh in her blood— and she sighed as he nipped her shoulder, tasting it for himself. The familiar sound of his zipper being pulled made her squirm, her thighs rubbing together, anxious for friction.

He was so close behind her… Then she felt his hand trail to her bra clasp, deftly freeing the tiny teeth, and it tumbled to the floor. “Luke…” So he did have a thing for publicly exposing her. She wanted to tease him, but she was too caught up in the fantasy, the hundreds of eyes looking on as Luke filled his hands with her breasts, squeezed until she breathed out quiet curses. His touch and the scene he had set made her head swim, and she gripped the mic stand for dear life as he tugged at her swollen nipples.

“Your voice is changing as you sing. Something flowers as the notes leave you, a desperate sound.” At that moment she moaned, pressing into his cock, but he wasn’t relenting. Her lips were parted, breath caught in her throat as he tugged her panties down, completely exposing her to the imagined crowd. The thought of so many people watching as Luke toyed with her was more than she could take. The damp cotton fell to the floor and she stepped out of them, now in nothing but her chunky boots and her charm necklace.

“I want them to see it,” she breathed, eyes still shut. His breath was so close she could taste it. “I want them to watch you touch me, hear me sing until I can’t remember the words anymore. I want you to take them from me.” She felt disorientated, dizzy with lust.

***​

"Just wait till you see our apartment. But don't wander in Rose's room, you'll get lost in all the junk--" Jessica giggled, giddy as she dragged a very flushed looking Nate out the back door of the bar. They came around the corner and stumbled upon Alex, throwing beer bottles at the brick wall in front of him, broken shards of brown glass glittering under the street lamp.

"What the fuck?" Jessica grabbed his arm before he could throw another. "Seriously, what the fuck are you doing?"

"She's not going to talk to me like that anymore," he growled, rounding on Jessica, clearly drunk and upset.

"Who, Rose? Dude, you started that. It's not your business who she spreads her legs for, besides, why the fuck do you care?"

"I don't. I mean, what's going to happen when this guy's done with her? It's not good for the band. You girls and your goddamn guy drama."

"You're so full of shit." There was something else bothering him, but Jessica couldn't put her finger on it. She was too buzzed and happy to care much. "Whatever. Enjoy your pity party. I hope you don't get arrested for being drunk and disorderly." She took Nate's hand, turning her back on her bumbling bandmate. "Anyway, that's Alex. He's kind of a tool..." She led him out of the alley. Alex smashed another bottle.

“The mic catches every sound you make, the singing, your breath during rests, your moan as my fingers surround your clit. There’s a murmur from the crowd, you hear them shifting, restless, transfixed by your voice and your desire.”

Luke matched his hands to his words, trapping Rose’s body against his own. His left hand pulling her nipple, his right hand pressing into her folds. He slipped his cock between her thighs, just under her heat. He bumped into his own fingers, buried his face in her shoulder, breathed on her skin as he slicked the tip of his cock with her moisture, ran his finger around the head, thumbed across the tip, mixing his fluid with hers.

“You sing and the song changes too, the notes you sing shorten, are mixed with moaning. You are pressing back against me, wanting to be found, to be seen, to be filled. You forget the mic for a moment. ‘Fuck me,’ you whisper, and the mic echoes the words across the startled crowd.”

Luke pressed into her, slowly, in time to the dull, distant music and the pounding of his heart.

“The music swells, a break, and I take your hair again, in my left hand this time, I turn your head as I thrust into you, I am the audience, every eye, every hand of it, making love back to you, grateful and amazed. I kiss your lips, reaching for them with my own.”

The kiss lengthened, swayed by Luke's thrusts, It became difficult to make thoughts come together. The rhythm of their bodies followed the dim music. Luke's hands settled on Rosalie's hips. He held her, fingers dug into her smooth curves as he drove into her, his pace speeding, out of time with the distant music, but in a perfect rhythm of his body against hers.

"Oh Rose," he whispered, breathless against her hair,

His orgasm gathered and turned, spread to encompass them both in their dark room, and exploded.

It could not have been cheering that he heard, the sound of an audience on their feet, but he would never be sure, later, that it wasn't.

----

The show had gone spectacularly well. Nate was surprised that they had given him full access to the lighting board. Smoke, pyrotechnics, every kind of trigger and control he could have wished for. The fireworks tubes were empty, of course, but there was no wind and the smoke hung beautifully over the audience.

They hadn't cued him about the bassist stripping down, but he managed to get a warm pink spot on her anyway that brought out the color of her bra. A part of his brain stored the image for later. Theatre shows had some provocative scenes sometimes, but what was happening here was something different. Not artificial, and he wondered if he shouldn't look into venue lighting as a side job at least. Maybe more. This could get into his blood.

Jessica was bubbly and bright after the show. She must have found her own alcohol, which was good, because the bassist and her groupie had snatched the shot of tequila he had stolen from an unconscious guy.

She grabbed his hand like it was the most natural thing in the world and started talking about taking him home, which was great, except he had no idea what to do in a girl's room, let alone a girl with the amount of skin Jessica's outfit showed. It was one thing up on the stage in the smoke behind drums, but face to face in an apartment could get awkward fast.

On the way to Jessica's truck, the guitarist was breaking bottles and swearing. Whatever it was, Jessica really let him have it. He missed a lot of the conversation. He was focused on Jessica's cleavage. She used it in an entrancing way when she was yelling at a drunk. He would remember that.

He strapped himself into her truck. "So am I 'goddamn guy drama?'" he asked, genuinely curious.

Rose followed him eagerly into his fantasy; the way that he described it was so complete that she could feel everything. The spotlight beat down on her skin, compounded by the heat of hundreds of curious eyes, and Luke's hands trailing fire between her thighs. Her breathing stalled as he played with her wet, pink petals, teasing her. She felt his cock joining them, not quite where she needed it, and moaned quietly in frustration. Her patience was wearing thin, and she wanted him now, but she had given him the control. Her heart skipped, tripping over a beat or two, and she knew he could feel it, hear it.

He said ‘fuck me’ and she arched her back without thinking, using the mic stand to keep her balance. “Fuck me,” she echoed, but it wasn’t a whisper, she demanded it. Finally, finally, he eased into her, hot and thick and fucking perfect. “Luke—“ He turned her head then and she kissed him, not just uncaring but thrilled that everyone could see it, the mic picking up the smack of their hips as he filled her, over and over, too many times for her to count. Her thighs were wet with her passion and she spread them, wanting him deeper.

”Oh Rose.” A deep shiver traveled the length of her back, and she pressed her round ass into him, meeting every stroke. She felt the rhythm change and braced herself for him to finish, crying out as he held her to him, shuddering through his release.

After a quiet moment, she led him to the forgotten floral sofa, straddled him, and without a word she kissed him. His cheek, the corner of his lips, his jaw. 'I'm sorry', she was saying; her pride wouldn't allow the words to fall from her lips, so she pressed them to his skin instead. She found the pulse at his throat, slowing now, and kissed it in time. Her hands cradled his head, featherlight on each side, and she gently turned it to give her access to more delicious skin. She didn't know if he understood the apology, but it didn't really matter. He would or he wouldn't. He was here, even after she had pushed him away, and wasn't that proof of his devotion? Did she want that devotion? Too many questions for her pleasure-addled brain.

She paused in front of his lips, less than a hair away. "I couldn't stop thinking about you." Her eyes searched his, wide and blue as summer skies. She hesitated, then kissed him fully, her lips shaping to his, pressing, pulling away. She broke it, tasting his air. She wanted to know how he did it, how he stopped her from running from him without saying a word. She had thought that she was the one that held some kind of power over him, and maybe she did, but it went both ways.

"So what did I miss, the last few days? Besides Chopin." Did he still introduce the book, even though she hadn't been to class? "Does Isobel have you camped out in the garage? Are you sleeping in your office? That loveseat isn't very comfortable-- believe me, I've tried it..." She smiled mischievously, pausing, considering something. "You know, I'm homeless too, for the night. I'm pretty sure Jessica took her lightning bug home, and three's a crowd. Well, usually." Her grin broadened. Would he want to take her home with him? She left the unspoken question in the small breadth of space between them. The other option was Alex's place, and giving him the satisfaction of leaving Luke for his company wouldn't thrill her.

***​

“If anyone is ‘guy drama’, it’s Alex.” Jessica grinned, sliding into the driver’s seat. “Don’t worry about him. He’s just cranky because he’s the only one not getting laid tonight.” She eased her seatbelt over her bandeau top, not bothering to pull it up or adjust it. She liked the bashful way Nate looked at her, stealing glances at the clingy fabric and then away again, as if he weren’t allowed.

She drove through downtown, filling the cab of the truck with her enthusiastic chatter. “The light show was amazing. Usually I’m forgotten about, all the way in the back and behind the drum set.” She took his hand, resting them on her thigh, where her short cut offs frayed and met her skin. “You made me shine.” She squeezed his hand, glancing at him, then back on the road. “Lucky Rose. She can strip in front of everyone and get all the attention… I could play naked back there and no one would know.”

They reached the apartment complex parking lot and she killed the engine. A streetlamp bathed them in a warm, orange glow, and she looked at Nate expectantly. “You know… Usually at this point, my top would be on the floorboard, and your pants would be around your ankles…” He seemed… Hesitant. Cute but hesitant. She pressed his hand to her thigh; was it trembling? “Are you okay?”

Rosalie's kisses were all in the wrong places- his cheek like a sister, the edge of his mouth, almost intimate, his jaw, his throat, the place where she had bruised his skin. She was speaking a language of skin and heat that he wasn't sure he understood completely. But it was a language he thoroughly enjoyed. Whatever she meant, she was happy to see him.

I couldn't stop thinking about you.

Her kiss then was straight to the point and Luke let himself rise into her lips. He felt weightless, relieved, surprised. Why had she left? And why the warm welcome back? He had been prepared for security to escort him off the premises when he showed up at the concert.

He had so many questions, but he didn't ask a single one. "I can't sit at my desk without seeing the color of your pussy," he said, "I feel your scalp when I wash my own hair."

He ran his fingers down the length of her back, eyes half closed with the sheer pleasure of her closeness.

"My fucking class again," he said, chuckling. "Why are you so fascinated with my curriculum? You'll be pleased to know that Jack is pissed that Awakening won't be easy to jack off to, although it won't hurt his imagination to try." He had seen the jock looking at the author's portrait on the back of the book.

"Isobel, though," he expected to feel something when he said her name, but nothing happened. "I got served divorce papers at my car. They're still in there burning a hole in the floorboards."

Luke wondered what Rosalie had done on his loveseat. He'd ask her sometime, although he could guess. Homeless. The word was appropriate tonight. It had been appropriate for a couple of years, at least.

"Let me make a call," he said, and reached for the phone in his jeans.

----

"Fuck. Not you," Josh answered, his mouth full.

"Yeah, lucky, right?" Luke said, one hand trailing up Rosalie's ribs.

"She pressing charges already?"

"You're really hoping she does, aren't you?"

"Just a matter of time, Luke. Question's not if, it's when."

"You're full of shit. Can I use your pool house for a few days?"

Luke heard chewing on the other side of the connection.

"I'm not testifying on your behalf, you know."

"So deal then?"

Josh sighed. "The key's under the mat."

Luke smiled and pressed his lips to Rose's collarbone.

"Save some popcorn for me."

"Asshole."

----

Luke made circles around Rosalie's navel with the tip of his finger. "I'm not homeless any more," he said, "I have a studio apartment with floor to ceiling windows on one wall, convenient access to both swimming and croquet, and a tub full of water wings. I'd love to give you a tour."

----

Nate had a hard time concentrating on anything Jessica said. Her top was thin and kept creeping lower. He didn’t want to be rude for staring, but she didn’t make it easy. He’d noticed her in his classes, of course. All the guys did. Her round elvish face and the raspberry blue hair. She made things bounce when she came into the room.

She did go on about the light show though, and his mouth curved with a pleased grin. It felt good to do a good job, but it felt great to have someone else notice.

He had made her shine. It was true. Jessica’s blue hair begged for a halo and he had been able to get two spots to interact in the smoke over her head. He wanted to kiss that ring gobo as soon as it was cool enough.

“You’re, uh, kind of hard to forget about,” he said. There was very little he would forget about this show. “I mean, your hair really stood out, and I crossed a tight beam with this ring gobo…”

She had pulled his hand over to her thigh and he felt his pulse race.

“…and it was …”

He hadn’t touched a girl’s thigh since his cousin’s pool party the year before, and never before that. Jessica’s skin was warm, smooth. He wanted to curl his fingers under the edge of her shorts, feel that smoothness as high as his hand could reach. He felt his face flush.

“…glowing.”

She drove, her eyes on the road, still chatting as if this were the most normal thing in the world. “…I could play naked back there and no one would know," she said.

“I’m pretty sure I’d know,” he said, his voice a little tight in his own ears. He hoped he didn’t sound strange to her. His cock was swollen in his jeans, and he couldn’t really adjust right then. “I mean, I was watching you the whole time. I would definitely notice if you stripped.” He noticed when she licked her lips, when she twirled a stick, when she took a sip from her water bottle.

Then they were parked. Jessica was talking about being topless right there in the car and talking about him with his jeans down. He shivered.

She had her hand on his. “Are you okay?”

Nate nodded. “Yes. Great, actually, it’s just that when someone’s not getting laid, it’s usually me. Always. It’s always me. You know, me not,” he took a breath, held it for a moment, “getting laid.”

He snapped his seatbelt off, then reached over and clicked Jessica’s seatbelt. He let the spring roll the belt off of her body. He slid his hand to her knee and back up to the edge of her shorts again. He smiled at her.

“But I’d like to.”

"Don't you know, that's my endgame. This is all just a gambit to get you to change the course material." It wasn't, but Rose was sure that Luke would give her nearly anything she asked for now. That felt good, the power. Even if she didn't use it, she was comfortable with having it.

She relaxed in his arms, completely bare where he was fully clothed, but it felt natural. The divorce papers came as no surprise, and she chose not to comment on them. That chapter was over, and Luke would be better for it... He didn't seem remorseful, and Rose certainly wasn't. The sooner he had them signed, the sooner whatever temptation there might be to return to his mediocre life before her would cease to exist.

She played with his hair while he spoke on the phone, slowly scratching his scalp with her nails. She was learning more and more just how much she liked to linger after sex. It was weird at first, but... As long as he wasn't proclaiming his love to her, she liked it.

"He doesn't like me." It wasn't a question, but she was smiling serenely, completely unbothered by it. She could make out snippets of Josh's side of the conversation, but the tone had been clear: he was disapproving, downright condemning of this... Relationship? She didn't like the word. She didn't know what else to call it. It wasn't a one night stand anymore, and at the moment, she had no plans to end it. 'Fuck buddies' seemed juvenile and ill-fitting, but then why did they need a label? Josh wouldn't like her no matter what status she held.

"I'd love to give you a tour." She smiled, eased herself off of him to collect her underwear from the floor.

"Perfect... I guess I should probably find my dress, unless you think Josh would find me more favorable like this?"

***​

She tossed the divorce papers into the backseat without a care, as though they were trash; they might as well have been. Luke's car was just as she imagined it would be, compact and neat, unremarkable. "You should go the whole hog and get a Ferrari or something. Complete the early-onset midlife crisis." Was that what this was?

She smoothed her rumpled dress across her thighs, sighing. They needed to talk about when she left him, but the thought made her squirm uncomfortably. "Saturday... This is fun, and I want more, but... You can't..." She wrestled with the words she needed, trying to work them out. "You just... went too far. I just want to have fun, you know? When it stops being fun, I want to stop and not feel badly because I made some kind of commitment to you. No promises. No obligations. Okay?" She glanced at him, then away.

***​

Nate was watching her. That was new. She didn't begrudge Rose the attention she typically got on stage; that came with the territory of being lead vocals. Fuck, Rose had practically performed a strip tease on stage, sang that silly, flirty song. It would only be natural for Nate to look at her instead. He had to light her. Jessica had been a flurry of motion behind the drum kit, kinetic but stationary. Not the object of the audience's interest, but somehow, the object of Nate's. She liked that, she wanted to glow for him.

"You're in my truck. I'm taking you into my apartment... What else would we do? Play a board game, bake a cake?" Mm. That didn't sound half bad. Playing a gig always left her starving, and since Rose had disappeared after the set, their plans to order Chinese had been scrapped. She definitely couldn't fuck on an empty stomach. Her eyes glittered, studying Nate. He was so damn cute, so nervous, so inexperienced.... He would be so fun to play with. She wondered if he flushed like that when he came.

He unbuckled her seat belt and she shifted to face him, thinking about what he had said. "It's usually you not getting laid.... You mean, usually? Or never?" Was he a virgin? He had to be around her age, twenty or close to it. He was like a unicorn, so pure... So ready to be corrupted. She glanced down at his lap; even his cock was adorable, begging for her attention, but somehow she had the good sense not to comment on it, for once. It was probably as pink as his face. She wanted to see it, but she sensed that he would take some nurturing. Some gentle encouragement.

"I'm glad you'd like to. I'd like to, too." She touched the side of his face, slowly leaning forward, as though a sudden movement might startle him. Had he ever kissed a girl before? She licked his lip, then kissed him softly. He was so sweet, and she deepened it, cupping his cheek and pulling him to her gently. They were moving much slower than she was used to, but... She liked it. There was something to savoring the moment that she had never appreciated before.

"Unless you do something spectacularly wrong, you, Nate, are getting laid." Even then, she would probably fuck him anyway. He had agreed to creating the light show for free, but Jess could tip him at least. "Come on. You don't want your first time in a truck, take it from someone who's been there."

She led him through the dark complex, up a flight of weathered stairs. Her breasts bounced enticingly with each step, the flimsy top doing its best to contain them and failing a bit. When they reached the doorway she kissed him again, took his hands and brought them to her taut belly. She was still hungry, for sex and Nate's cute, shy smile and something sweet.

"Do you like cake?" It was one in the morning. She unlocked the door and flipped on the lights. "I was joking earlier, but now I'm craving it. Is chocolate okay?" The kitchen was just to the left of the tiny entryway, hardly big enough for two people to stand in.

She turned to the cupboard, leaning over the counter slightly as she reached for a mixing bowl on a high shelf, knowing full well how little her cut offs were covering. "Want to help?" She set the bowl on the counter, turning back to him and biting her lip. Her eyes were bright. "You should probably take some of that off. We wouldn't want to get your clothes messy..." She touched where the hem of his shirt met his jeans, slid her hands under it, tracing slow circles across his hips. "Relax, okay?"

“It’s not that Josh doesn’t like you. It’s that he likes me and he thinks you’ll destroy me,” Luke said, as Rosalie put her strawberry bra back on. “What we disagree about is whether you're worth the risk.”

He stood and passed her on the way to the door and ran his hand across her flat belly. “I’ll get your dress… if some deranged fan hasn’t already framed it and put it in his bedroom.”

It was still there on the stage, almost invisible among the black coils of mic cable and monitor leads. Luke stood there, where Rosalie had sung. The lights off and the venue mostly empty. A few stragglers laughed at the bar. He could feel a thrill, one he remembered from a long time ago. Standing in front of a mic, laying out a poem. Foundation, build, twist, and flower. The audience had been in the palm of his hand.

He picked up Rosalie’s dress, shook it to get some of the dust off, turned, and stepped off the stage.

——

“No promises. No obligations. Okay?”

Luke drove, his window down. He could hear the papers rustling in the back seat. Let them rustle. No promises… so that’s what had set her off. He must have said something that sounded like he was trying to get his hooks into her. He didn’t know what it was though. He hadn’t declared his undying love for her or anything. Although the sonnets… maybe.

“I racked my brain after you left, which was hard because I wasn’t very sober. I couldn’t think what I had said. I couldn’t remember. I was very confused. Then I found the bourbon and things didn’t get clearer, but at least they had an excuse to be confusing."

“Every time is the last time, Rose,” he said, “I’m not going to claim anything more from you than that. Just next time drop me off somewhere a little closer to home. I don’t want to have to call Josh for a ride again. He’d flip.”

They pulled up in front of a tract home, two story on a nice street where kids could leave their bikes on the front lawn overnight and still find them there in the morning.

“Josh is going to check the car for you when he opens the door. The gate is on that side. Wait next to the gate and I’ll come around and open it for you.”

Luke rang the doorbell and shifted his duffel bag on his shoulder. Josh answered.

“Hey Josh.”

“Luke.” He leaned over and checked the car. “So where is she?”

“She’s hiding in your garden, Josh, so she can sneak in and fuck me in your pool house. Do you think I’m an idiot?

“Yes, I do. And if you weren’t an idiot, you’d be sleeping on your California king instead of my pool house futon.”

Luke followed him through the house. The smell of popcorn hung heavy in the air. He had popped another bowl.

“I appreciate this, Josh.”

“Whatever. There’s stuff in the fridge out there. If you need something else, the kitchen’s yours. I told Chrissy you’d be here a few days and that’s it. Friday at the outside edge, okay? She wanted to give you the guest room. I said you’d be more comfortable in the back yard. Don’t make me regret this.”

Luke skirted the pool, picked the key up. Josh was still standing in the back door, watching. Luke opened the sliding glass door and went inside and finally the back door closed.

He went back and unlatched the gate for Rosalie.

“Sorry,” he whispered, grinning. “I hope the garden gnome didn’t give you too much trouble. They can be horny little buggers.”

——

Nate leaned into the kiss. Jessica’s mouth was softer than he had expected. She made him happy and horny and for once he wasn’t rushing to get somewhere solitary to take care of himself.

“That’s me,” he said, and for once he didn’t feel embarrassed about it. “Never once.”

She had her hand on his cheek, Every place she touched him felt wonderful in a different way. And kissing… he couldn’t figure out why everyone was so casual about it.

“I like kissing you,” he said, and it sounded lame, but he didn’t care. It was true. He leaned in again and kissed her harder, let his tongue touch hers, her lips, he touched the roof of her mouth with the tip of his tongue, exploring.

“You taste like… wow. I don’t know,” he said, “But if it were ice cream, I’d never stop eating it.”

He was getting laid. This was it. He hadn’t expected it- he would have been content with her smile and a thank you. Besides, the show had been so much fun.

He followed her up the stairs, taking them two at a time. The kiss standing up was different, better, more face-to-face and her breasts were touching his chest. He ran his hands around her back, felt her breathing. “I could kiss you all night,” he said. His insides were fizzing.

Then she wanted to bake. Nate was a little disappointed at first, but chocolate cake was always good, and the idea of bumping into each other in that tiny kitchen seemed like fun and he thought maybe turning down cake might be Spectacularly Wrong.

“I love cake,” he said, and stared as she reached for a bowl. “I love those shorts,” he said, and when she slipped her hands up under his shirt, he sucked in a big breath. “Take it easy,” he said, “I’m a little ticklish.” But he felt the tickle change to pleasure as he relaxed a little, let himself go.

He pulled his shirt off and tossed it over a dinette chair. He didn’t look too bad, he thought, he went kayaking with his dad on weekends and some week nights.

“You must think you’re much neater in the kitchen than me,” he said, and touched her again, her belly, ran his fingers under the edge of her top. He was getting laid. He pulled the top up over Jessica’s breasts, over her head. He never saw where it landed.

“You’re beautiful,” he said, but he wasn’t looking in her eyes. His hands floated an inch off her skin. “Let’s make cake."

He was ticklish? "You should not have told me that," Jessica said with a grin, considering him with this new knowledge in mind. She had expected to cajole him into taking off his shirt, but he was eager enough. Her lips parted in a surprised smile when he reached for her top too, pinching the thin fabric and tugging until her breasts were free and bouncing in front of him; he seemed to like that. He liked everything. He loved everything. He was so easy to please, so grateful for every morsel of attention she gave him. She thought he would want to touch them, cup them in his hands and squeeze, but he seemed to have used up what bravery he had.

She took his hands, brought them to her body so that his thumbs met between her breasts, his hands fanned out across her ribs. Slowly, she leaned up to kiss him again, and she wondered if he had ever kissed a girl before her. He wasn’t slobbery or too aggressive with his tongue and teeth, the way she remembered boys being in high school. He was tender and kind with her, and she savored that sweetness.

"So have you ever kissed a girl before?" She sensed the answer was yes... Or maybe he was just that good. "I bet the light booth is a great place to make out. You can see everyone but they can't see you... Dark and quiet... Have you ever thought of bringing a girl up there?" Her lips trailed to his ear, flicking his earlobe with her tongue before kissing it, tenderly. If he hadn't thought of it before, he probably would now.

"I think that would be really fun... I did quick changes for a student-directed show last year-- I didn't really need a headset, but they let me wear one anyway. It sounds nerdy, but I thought it was really cool." She turned to preheat the oven, smirking.

"Then during dress rehearsal one night, I heard it... It was so quiet at first, I thought maybe I was imagining it? My mind wanders when I have nothing to do backstage, usually to pervy places..." She took his hands, brought them to her breasts. They were so warm, she wanted him to play with her. "It was this girl... She was breathing heavily into the mic, and every so often she would whimper, or moan quietly... Begging for someone to fuck her already. Once she said a name, I won't say who, you know him, and I heard a guy moan too. They were fucking somewhere in the PAC, and they forgot to turn the headset off. I listened to the entire thing... It was really, really hot. There are so many places to hide there, but I think maybe they were on the catwalk..." Jessica's eyes had darkened at the memory, and for a moment, she seemed far away, remembering.

BEEP BEEP. The cake. Jessica smiled sheepishly. "Oven's ready... Let's make the batter."

Eggs, milk, butter. She set them beside the mixing bowl, then turned to face Nate, wanting another sweet kiss. There was a squeal curled up in her chest that she wanted so badly to release, but weren't virgins easily embarrassed and overly-sensitive? He was just so cute, and she didn’t want to scare him away. She reached up into a cabinet for the dry ingredients and could feel his gaze burning into her. It felt so good to be looked at for once, the way that he looked at her. In awe, adoring.

"I'll measure, you pour, okay?" She knew the recipe by heart. "Have you ever seen a girl's breasts before tonight? Have you ever touched them? Tell me all the juicy details," she requested gleefully.

***​

Rich people were careless with their possessions. Rosalie was overly-familiar with that concept, though she didn’t often take advantage of it. Bikes gleamed under the street lamps, an open invitation to steal in her neighborhood, but not here. They probably didn’t even lock their doors. It was insulting to a novice lock pick.

Rose debated whether or not to play along and hide from Josh, but ultimately she slinked into the lush, dark yard, finding the gate that Luke instructed her to wait by, and hid in the shadow of oversized elephant ears. She waited. And waited. There was a window beside her, and her fingers were itching... Unlocked, just as she suspected.

She slipped through the window and into the house, wandering through the sitting room, taking a fistful of buttery popcorn from a bowl on the couch. She could hear Luke and Josh approaching and ducked quickly behind the coffee table-- an extremely close shave. "...She's hiding in your garden, Josh, so she can sneak in and fuck me in your pool house. Do you think I'm an idiot?" He wasn't an idiot, he was a fool. She grinned, her heart racing, waiting until their voices drifted down the hall before she left her hiding place. How stocked was the liquor cabinet? It wasn't Josh that owed her a drink, but close enough.

She was back at the gate in plenty of time, grinning as Luke opened it for her and pressing a bottle of wine in his hands. "It's not champagne, but it'll do. Consider it a housewarming gift," she said, leaning up to kiss him. "You should tell your friend to lock his windows. Lots of crazies out there."

The backyard was neat and green, perfect. She could see Sunday barbecues and pool parties, boring events that married couples planned. She had thought Luke was joking about the croquet set-- how many times had he come here with Isobel to play? She couldn't imagine the same Luke that had just dragged her to a dressing room to fuck her, brandishing one of those silly mallets and playing such a stuffy game.

What if Josh looked out his window and saw her? She thought of what Luke said. Josh thought that Rosalie would destroy Luke, and didn't agree that she was worth the risk. She exhaled. She was inclined to agree with Josh.

She followed Luke inside the pool house, taking a quick look around. "Ooh, a futon. You're a real bachelor now." She made herself comfortable, reclining, her long legs draped across the length of it.

Luke laughed quietly when Rosalie handed him he wine. “There aren’t crazies here,” he said once they were out of earshot of the house, “These are perfectly sane people. Disturbingly sane. Their sanity is hard, worn, and brittle. Their psych prescriptions are fashion statements.”

He tripped on one of the croquet hoops and pulled it out of the lawn. It left a divot that he fixed absently with the toe of his shoe. The habit of keeping things perfect died hard.

Luke slid the glass door shut behind them and sighed with relief. The fussy yard had always been vaguely uncomfortable, a trophy rather than a place to live. Isobel had made it the gold standard of home maintenance and he resented the obsessively trimmed and edged grass.

Luke took the wine over to the kitchenette and found a corkscrew shaped like a parrot. “The last time I was in here, they were having a luau. A couple of summers ago. Josh spent all afternoon making big fruity drinks with umbrellas and pineapple chunks. Fucking tiki torches.”

The tiki torches were still stacked against a corner of the room along with a few neon boogie boards, a bag of plastic leis and a sign that said OOL. Notice there’s no P in our pool. Let’s keep it that way.

There weren’t wine glasses in any of the cupboards, just plastic martini glasses branded with an antidepressant logo. Luke poured.

Rosalie was stretched out on the futon and Luke handed her some wine. He sat on the other end of the futon and stretched out in the opposite direction, her feet in his lap. He pulled off her left shoe and dropped it on the floor. He took a sip of wine and pinched each of Rosalie’s toes in turn. He took the pen out of his pocket.

“Don’t spill your wine,” he said, and began writing on the sole of her foot.

Fools rush in where angels fear to tread.
Fools get cake, sad angels just get bread.

——

Jessica’s skin was as smooth and soft as it looked. Nate lost himself in another kiss, and was searching for her lips for another when she asked him if he’d ever kissed a girl before. Jessica backed up to the counter and pulled herself up to sit on it. Her eyes were on a level with Nate’s. He picked up a whisk, put it down again.

“Well, I came close once, but I guess the dare was that she was supposed to get me to think we were going to kiss, then split.” There had been a lot of laughing. He had laughed too, of course. There was no alternative.

"So, I was your first kiss?" Jessica stared at him, ruffled her short hair through her fingers as she considered that. That kiss in the truck had been sweet, but not nearly special enough for a first kiss. Despite how pleased he seemed, she felt like she had let him down.

"Let's do it over." Her eyes were soft and searching. She tilted his head, the tips of her fingers grazing his chin. "I don't know what the fuck that girl was thinking, the one that almost kissed you. Playing games with people like that... That's cruel." She traced his bottom lip with her thumb, so sweet and soft. "But that's okay, the joke was on her. You gave the pleasure to me, and I know enough about kissing to savor it. You're good at it... Fuck, you're brilliant at it." She grinned, still looking at his lips. "Once the secret's out, you'll probably have girls lining up to make out with you in the light booth.”

“The lighting booth… yeah. That would be a great place. I’ve just never- you know, had anyone to take up there. I mean, one time I…” Jessica’s arms around his neck stopped him.

She pulled him close, so that he stood between her parted legs, and she wrapped them around him to keep him there. She drew lazy circles across his ribs, slowly, urging him still closer. "There's no reason... I just want you to know that. There's no reason why you're still a virgin, why you've never been kissed. Nate, you're... special." She smiled. She sincerely believed it.

She squeezed him gently with her thighs and finally kissed him, one hand resting against the side of his neck. It was far from her first kiss, she couldn't even begin to guess where it fell numerically, but for some reason, butterflies fluttered and flurried inside of her. It felt somehow new, the pull of his lips against hers, the slip of his tongue. Inexplicably, he made no amateur mistakes. When she pulled away, she found his eyes again, resting her forehead against his. "Mm. I want you to kiss me everywhere... And I want to kiss you back."

Nate hadn’t ever imagined a second first kiss like this, the smell of flour and chocolate in the air, the ticking of the hot oven. Jessica’s legs wrapped tightly around him, her breasts pressing against the skin of his chest. He moaned into her mouth. “Delicious,” he said, and closed his eyes, kissed her again.

She brought his hands up, her breasts soft, full under his hands. She wanted this. He wanted to give her whatever she wanted. He ran his hands over her breasts, the tips of his fingers circling her nipples. He pressed them together, such tempting handfuls. He didn’t know what he was doing, but everything was fun with Jessica. Everything seemed easy.

The batter came together messily. He was distracted and kept puffing flour out of the bowl with the whisk.

Jessica’s questions were all about first times. Was this his first kiss? The first time he’d seen a girl’s breasts?

“You want first times?” he teased, “Fine. Yes. This is the first time I’ve seen a girl’s breasts.”

He brought his hand up again, fascinated. He palmed her left breast as she cracked an egg. The weight of her pleased him. He kissed her shoulder.

“This is the first time I’ve kissed a girl’s shoulder,” he said, “and this is the first time I’ve licked a girl’s ear.”

“And you know what I’ve always wanted to try?”

Nate looked in her eyes, and sucked her left nipple into his mouth. He ran his tongue over her skin, feeling the textures change, tasting her. Her skin tasted like her lips, or similar anyway. He wondered if all of her had that one pleasing taste. He’d find out.

“First time,” he said, licking again. And again.

The batter was in the pan, although he hadn’t seen how it got there.

He kissed her chin, her neck, her other breast. First time, first time, first time.

“My ear over your heart,” he said, listening, closing his eyes, hearing the beating. “I’ve never done this."

He took Jessica’s hand, brought it to his mouth and kissed her palm. He knew flour was probably getting on his face. He didn’t care. He put her hand on his chest, ran it down, over his stomach, slipped it into his jeans. He blinked slowly when her fingers touched his cock.

“Second time,” he said. He waited a moment, smiling, looking into Jessica’s eyes, then he couldn’t stop himself from kissing her again.

There was something incredibly cute and sexy about the way he played with Jessica's breasts, experimenting, squeezing and filling his palms with them. Her heart was racing, and she moaned as he dipped his head down to her breasts, his mouth so delectably warm and wet. He didn't need experience, instinct was enough. Her hands were in his hair as he found her right breast, easing him to right nipple in hopes that he would lick and play with that one too. "Nate, yes." She wanted more, for him to suckle at them, tug with his teeth, but he pulled away and she didn't stop him. Time for that later; she really wanted to play with his cock, and he seemed just as eager for it.

Then she slid her hand into his jeans, finding his cock so warm and eager for her attention. "I want to see it." It took her a second flat to free him from his jeans, and she looked down at him, then up to his face. It was just as pink as she thought, straining upward for more of her touch. "Gorgeous." She grinned, tracing from the tip down to the base with a curious finger. "Second time, huh? I hope I don't disappoint now that you have a basis for comparison."

She traced the underside with two fingertips, her movement slow and teasing. "When you fuck me, I want you to watch it. You'll want to close your eyes, but don't. Trust me. I want you to watch your cock move in and out of me, so wet and tight, over and over." She cupped his cock in her hands, stroking, exploring. "You're a man that appreciates visuals. You'll-- you'll love it. You'll wonder how it fits so perfectly." It was making her hot to talk about it, as much as she loved to talk, and she shifted on the countertop, her thighs rubbing together.

She slid off the countertop, kissing him, unbuttoning her shorts. She took his hands and helped him slide the shorts down her thighs, till they dropped to the floor. Her panties were barely there, tiny, lacy things.

"It's your special day, so how do you want it?" She turned to lean over the counter, her pert bottom almost completely bare. She smiled at him from over her shoulder. "You could try it from behind... I won't be able to see, but you can fuck me so deeply this way." Her thighs were spread, an open invitation. Her gaze fell on the cake pan, completely forgotten. She grinned.

"But first... We should probably taste test this batter. I'm starving." She picked up the whisk, dipped it into the chocolate, and licked at it with her small, pink tongue. "Mm." Before she could catch it, a drip of batter fell from the whisk and spilled between her breasts. She didn't seem concerned, in fact, her eyes were bright and playful. "Here, want a taste?" She brought the whisk to nearly to his lips, then touched it to his chin deliberately. "Oops." She leaned up to lick the chocolate from his skin. Then she kissed him, her mouth dark and sweet, and handed him the whisk. "Try it." What she was asking him to try, she left for him to interpret. He was a smart guy, he would figure it out.

***​

Rosalie took the cup from Luke, frowning at the logo emblazoned across the plastic. "Lexapro... Isn't it frowned upon to drink and pop pills?" Wasn't Josh a psychology professor? It struck her as strange, but she dropped it. The way that Luke spoke about the luau, so strangely bitter about it, caught her interest. He had so narrowly escaped whatever bleak suburban fantasy that Josh and Isobel and the rest had been caught up in, but why? Had something inside of him broken when he came to see her play, that first time? Had she been the one to break it, or was it inevitable? She didn't know what answer she preferred.

The click of his pen brought her from her thoughts. He had taken her heavy boot off, rested her foot in his lap, and she had to bite her lip as the tip of the pen pressed into skin, moaning in surprise. She wanted to yank her foot away; the scribble of the pen tickled so badly, but he held her ankle in place as he wrote. No one had ever... She squirmed and clutched her glass, the red cresting dangerously close to the lip of the cup as she wriggled. "Luke-- oh, what are you writing?" Or was he even writing words? Was he just using the pen to play with her?

He finished and she leaned to take her other boot off, casting it aside and standing. The foot he had written on felt different, marked, claimed by him. She liked that. "I want more words," she said, standing in front of him, and took his hands and brought them under her dress, rested them on her hips. "You said you can't sit at your desk without seeing the color of my pussy."

She hooked her fingers into her panties, pulling them down, then brought his hand between her soft thighs. "I'm glad you couldn't sit and grade papers without thinking of me." She guided his hand, bringing his fingers where she wanted them, his thumb at her swollen clit, two fingers just at her entrance, hoping he would fuck her with them. "Touch me, and tell me what color it is, my pussy. Make me blush." She brought the hem of her dress up, just enough to tease him with a glimpse of it.

"Alcohol and pills. Fortunately, the Lexapro marketing department is targeting clinical psychologists, not patients. I hear they have some pretty crazy bashes down in Cabo during spring break. Josh disapproved, although he wasn’t too proud to take a branded luau in a box. The improvements to the garden were expensive though- why would you make a tiny plastic Hawaii in Texas if you could go to Maui for three weeks on the same money?"

Rosalie wriggled as he wrote the little little doggerel couplet on her foot. "Oh, it's nothing of consequence," he said, drawing a slow flourish underneath the tiny poem. He read it to her “…Fools get cake, dull angels just get bread.”

He edited slightly even as he read it, liking it better. He would have changed it if he had written it on paper.

The big "FOOL" on his arm kept drawing his eye. He was surprised Josh hadn't noticed it. Or maybe he had, and it didn’t seem out of place.

“I’m glad you couldn’t sit and grade papers without thinking of me,” she said, standing in front of him, shoeless, her hand around his wrist. His fingers touched heat and moisture, just the tips, and he smiled.

“I was hopeless,” he said, thumbing her clit a little, experimentally. “I couldn’t settle on a color.” He ran his dampened fingers over her outer lips. “See, this is damask here, dark, a promise.” She was in the shadow of her dress, turned away from the light. Luke turned her around and knelt in front of her, curious, staring.

He spread her open with two fingers, and her petals shone in the warm light of the room. “I don’t think I can make you blush more than you already are, Rose,” he said. He touched her, naming tints and shades as his touch moved across her flesh. “Jaipur, Grenadine, Anemone.” He uncovered her clit, touched it with his nose again, like he had on the desk. “Cotton Candy, Watermelon, Verbena, Impatiens.” He flicked it with his tongue, ran his fingers along the length of her folds, rippling them.

He pressed in with two fingers, turned them slowly around inside her, found the spot he was looking for.

“Slipper,” he said, “Blush. Rose.” He circled the spot with the pad of his finger, his thumb brushing her clit. He sped the circling, touched the center of the spot and pressed. A clear drop of fluid trickled down his finger and he licked it off.

“Your taste is wild, though, like mist in pine woods, like dew on mossy boulders early in the morning.”

Luke pushed his fingers in deep, drew them out slowly, He stood in front of Rose, one hand on her hip, and put his middle finger in his mouth, closed his eyes, tasted her morning, her freshness.

“I saved one for you,” he said, and touched his slick index finger to her lips.

——

"i seriously doubt you could disappoint me," Nate said, gasping as Jessica ran her fingertips up his cock. "The first time was... rushed.”

She seemed fascinated with his cock, not as a curiosity, but as something she longed for.

“How could I close my eyes?” Nate laughed, “Look at you. There’s so much to see. Your hair, your dimples, your breasts, your stomach…” He touched each place he mentioned, as though his fingers were involved in each observation. And when she slipped her shorts off, he had so much more to look at.

“Oh lord,” he whispered. He slid his hands over her bottom, imagining what it would be like to watch the curve of Jessica's back, her hips, the perfect shape of her all there in front of him as he pushed into her for the first time. But he loved her face, her dimples, the way her eyes got hazy when he had her nipple in his mouth.

The damn cake interrupted again, but chocolate on her body delighted him, and he accepted her sweet kiss hungrily. He bent to lick the batter from her chest, catching the drip at the bottom and sweeping the chocolate off her skin neatly in one lick.

She handed him the whisk and he touched it to her nose, a tiny dollop. He licked it off with the tip of his tongue, fussily. He rolled the whisk across her right breast, leaving a series of lines across her skin. He licked each one, bottom to top, from the soft inside skin of her breast, across the rough pink pebble of her nipple, to her smooth outside curve.

He dipped the whisk in the batter again and rolled it around the tip of his cock, coating it in chocolate.

“I’ll keep my eyes open if you will,” he said, and handed the whisk back to her.

"Oh lord." Jessica had expected a slap or a pinch, the usual displays of appreciation, but he smoothed his hands over her round ass in an unexpectedly reverent manner. Was it that this was his first time, that made him so gentle and tender? Or was this just... Him? Maybe a second time was in order, just to test that.

Jessica giggled as he flicked his tongue against the tip of her nose, but the laugh melted into a moan as he painted her breast with chocolate, his mouth quickly following. She exhaled softly, brushing his hair back as he sampled her, his tongue so soft and warm. She was starting to wonder if it would be a waste to bake the remaining batter; this was so much better than cake. Nate seemed to be of the same mind, and she laughed as he boldly spread the batter over his cock.

"Nate... You're tempting enough without chocolate." She was smirking, one of the dimples that he liked so much was winking at him. She playfully pushed him backward, easing him towards a dinette chair and having him sit. "Make yourself at home." More than anything, his face fascinated her; the disbelief, the sugary smile, his eyes bright and expectant. He trusted her with this, his first time, and she took it seriously. She wouldn't dream of looking away.

She knelt in front of him, cradled between his spread legs. Her gaze fell onto his sweetened cock, begging for her mouth to meet it, and she paused. He was already so flushed, so worked up... He wouldn't last long, and she knew it, but they had all night.

She kissed the trembling tip first, licking the chocolate from her lips. Her eyes were wide and curious, fixed on his face, not wanting to miss any reaction he had. Then she slowly took him between her moist lips, leisurely sucking the batter from his hot skin, savoring him. "Mmm," she hummed, her eyes fluttering shut for just a moment. She flicked her tongue over the head, over and over, long after every bit of chocolate was gone. She eased up and down his length, greedily, watching his face, the tightening of his jaw, the movement of his lips. He was perfect.

Bzzzz. Bzzzz. Something was vibrating against Jessica's breast, Nate's pocket lighting up with a familiar glow. Jessica released him with a wet pop, reaching into his pocket and finding the their interruption. MOM CALLING.... She palmed his phone, considering it for a moment, his ringtone breaking the comfortable silence. She grinned and handed it to him, her head returning to the warmth of his lap.

"You should totally answer it." She smoothed her tongue over his cock, licking fire across his skin. "We wouldn't want to worry her, right? Tell her you're sleeping over." What was his mom doing, calling him at two in the morning? She took him into her mouth again, her lips stretching around him as she began sucking in earnest. Her eyes never left his face, gleaming deviously at him.

***​

Rosalie felt heat spread across her cheeks as he knelt in front of her, staring at her intimately. She had never been shy about her body before, but Luke's intense gaze as he studied her pussy made her want to squirm; she loved it. She sighed as he spread her open, his face inches from her wet, quivering flesh. She trembled as his thumb brushed over her clit, her hips shifting, seeking more touch, more sweet contact. He had teased her all evening, and she didn't know how much more she could take.

"I don't think I could make you blush more than you already are, Rose."

She shuddered, wanting to ride his hand, but she forced herself to remain as still as she could. His warm breath fanned over her and she said his name quietly, losing the thread of what she wanted to retort with when he teased her with his tongue. It had gone on too long, she needed to come, but he wouldn't let her, bringing her just to the brink before pulling away. Was she above begging for it? Was that what he would make her do? Her knuckles were white as she clenched the hem of her dress, wanting to rip it from frustration.

Finally he pressed his fingers into her silk, and she bucked her hips involuntarily as he passed over the place she needed them most. She moaned wordlessly as he played with the ruffled flesh and her clit at once, grinding desperately against his hand, so close, so fucking close.... "Blush. Rose." He didn't need to tell her to, her cheeks were deeply flushed, pink flowering down her neck, across her chest.

Then he withdrew his hand from her and she moaned again. He knew what he was doing, and she hated him for it. He touched a drenched finger to her lips, wanting her to taste, and she took it into her mouth obediently, sucking and lapping the dew from his skin. When she opened her eyes, they were cloudy with lust.

"What do I have to do?" She kissed him then. She tasted better on his lips than his fingers, and she took her time tasting, her tongue sliding against his in a slow dance. "You come to my show, you stand in the front and fuck me with your eyes, you drag me to the dressing room and fuck me with your words, and your cock, then you sneak me in here and tease me... Fuck, Luke, what do you want?" She kissed up to his ear, tugged at it with her teeth. "Want me to take care of myself? Want me to scream and wake up Josh?" She kissed the soft spot behind his ear, licked it. "I'm not afraid of him finding me... Are you?"

Nate couldn't stop smiling- everything that was happening was fun, new. Everything was allowed, welcomed. When Jessica backed him into the chair and started teasing his cock with her lips, he felt like the situation was getting seriously, delightfully out of control.

Jessica’s eyes never left his. He had imagined this moment many times, of course, but there was so much more to it than he had imagined. Jessica’s body between his legs, warm, soft, eager, the smell of the chocolate in the air.

The phone call was at the worst possible moment. Nate had barely registered the guitar strumming when Jessica slipped it out of his pocket and handed it to him.

“You should totally answer it,” she said, “We wouldn’t want to worry her, right?”

She dragged her tongue across his cock between each phrase. “Tell her you’re sleeping over.”

The last thing Nate wanted to do was talk to his mom, but Jessica’s enthusiastic attack on his cock made him twitch his finger and suddenly he was watching his call counter displaying elapsed seconds. He heard his mother’s voice faintly from the tiny speaker. He raised the phone to his ear with one hand and put his other hand on Jessica’s head, whether it was to stop her or encourage her, he was never clear.

“Hey Mom,” he said, trying to sound casual, “What’s up?”

“Yeah, I had to break down some of the gear. Most of it belongs to the venue, but I borrowed a few instruments from the…”

Jessica giggled, just quietly enough to not be picked up on the call, and kissed his thighs, nipping and licking them. She found his cock and cupped it gently, stroking the wet length slowly.

Nate took a huge, silent breath. The heat on his cock made him giddy. He struggled to stay with the conversation. “Mom, Mom, listen, it’s not…”

He was about to come. He bit his tongue, squeezed his eyes shut. “It’s kind of an after party. I mean… there’s… a cake.”

The forgotten pan was still on the counter, and Jessica released him at the mention of it, rising between his legs and stretching. Cinnamon freckles danced across her skin as she stretched, scattering down her shoulders, across her chest. She sauntered back to the counter, teasing him as she bent down to open the oven door, sliding the pan onto the rack. She stole a final swipe of chocolate before easing the door closed, standing in front of Nate and eyeing him hungrily, thoughtfully.

“No. There aren’t any drugs,” Nate said, absently. The dollop of cake batter worried him. He would come if she touched his cock again.

“Or alcohol. That I know of.”

She finally settled on his moving lips, painting them with chocolate as he spoke, then waited for his mother to go off on him before rushing in to kiss him greedily, licking and sucking the chocolate away in sweet, frantic motion.

Nate almost dropped the phone. The kiss was delicious, soft, hot, “I know. Sorry- I’ve just been kind of… distracted by everything.”

“Oh. I was thinking… I wouldn’t come home tonight. I’ll just spend the night with some of the band. I’ll swing by to pick up my books tomorrow before school.”

“Please, Mom. Girls? There aren’t girls.”

“I know, Mom. You told me about your college parties. This isn’t like that. Nobody’s vomiting under the coffee table. I’m looking at it right now.”

It was stifling in the tiny kitchen, and Jessica made quick work of his jeans, unzipping them fully and sliding them down Nate's legs, off of his ankles, leaving him naked on the dinette chair.

“Come on, Mom. I told you. No sorority sluts either. Sheesh.” Nate tried to wave her off, but she didn’t pay any attention to him. In fact, it seemed like she was enjoying his discomfort.

She slid her hands down her own body, across each freckle, until she reached the lacy waistband of her panties. Grinning, she slid them down and let them join the heap of clothes on the floor. She began to kiss his neck as he spoke, masking her muffled laughter.

Nate almost groaned with pleasure. The warmth of Jessica’s lips on his neck made him hiss a little though. “I’ll be fine. Mom. Stop worrying so much. This is a good crowd. You’d like them.” He tried to push her away, but his hand pressed into soft flesh. A breast. His cock throbbed. He had to get off the phone.

“Oh. Dinner at our house? Uh, I can ask.”

——

Luke felt the heat radiating off Rose’s skin as they kissed, slow and soft, with a desperate edge. She bit his ear and he moaned.

“What do you want?” she said, and he let his eyes close as her tongue touched his skin.

“I want to watch you come,” he said, “But that’s the wrong question, Rose.” He pressed her breasts together under the black dress, kissed their tops where her skin met the fabric of her dress. “The question is what do you want?”

He was hard again, straining against his zipper, but he kept his hands on Rosalie, kneading. He kissed her again.

“I’m not afraid of Josh finding you,” he said, and ran his hands behind her back, “but I’d like to sleep here tonight, and it would be inconvenient to find somewhere else.”

He held her close to his body, one hand between her shoulder blades, the other holding her bottom. He kissed her neck and backed her up to the futon. He sat and pulled her down to sit between his legs. He ran his hands up the insides of her thighs.

“What do you need, Rose? Do you want to touch yourself?” He circled her clit with his fingers, imagining what her fingers would look like doing exactly the same thing. “Just ask.”

"What do you think Josh would do if he found me?" Rose gathered her hair and pulled it to the side, baring a pearly shoulder. "Do you really think he would chase me out? Don't be silly. He doesn't like me now, but he would by the end of the night." She smiled confidently, sighing as he kissed where the dark velvet met her skin. She shouldn't have left him at the mansion, but he didn't seem to hold a grudge. There was something disconcerting about that, the blind way he forgave her for abandoning him... But now wasn't the time to reflect on it.

"What do you want?"

She hadn't thought about it. Luke made it infuriatingly hard to think, and his hands creeping up her soft thighs, spreading them open for himself didn't help. Thoughts blurred and pulsed as he found her wet pearl, tracing around it idly, as if he couldn't hear her breathing grow shallow, strained from his touch. She didn't want to think anymore. She wanted to feel. She watched his fingers dance lazily between her petals and tried to remember what he had named them with. Grenadine. Cotton Candy. She leaned into his chest, her breasts rising and falling as she struggled to string a few words together into something witty and coherent.

"Ask? Please Professor, can I play with my clit?" She laughed, but the sound was weak with longing. "I need your permission now, is that it? But you so like it when I do things without it..." Blindly she felt for hands, and slipped one down the front of her dress. "I want to touch myself, but I need help. I don't have enough hands." She took the other and brought it against where she ached the most. Blush. Rose. She wouldn't forget those. "Don't watch me come. Feel it." Then she let him go, mimicking the way he had touched her moments before, tracing small circles around her clit before tapping it and moaning breathily.

"I... I haven't dropped your class yet," she admitted, the words quiet and strained. "I was going to. I mean, I planned to, but then..." But then she didn't like the idea of never seeing him again, even if she had done everything to indicate just that, in the early hours of Sunday morning. "Did you..." She shuddered, bringing her fingers to Luke's mouth so that he could lick them. She was getting close, but she needed more of him. "Did you drop me?" Would it be better that way? "Do you want to?" It would probably get Josh off his back.

***​

Nate was too fun, too delightful to play with. He looked almost pained as Jessica teased him during the call, teetering between pleasure and something like annoyance, but she showed him no mercy. He tried to push her away and she pressed into his hand, her eyes bright and playful as he inadvertently cupped her breast. "Yes, Nate, just like that," she encouraged him, just loud enough for the receiver to pick up. She snickered as his mom asked him something about sluts. She had no doubt what Mrs. Powell would think of her, especially if she had any idea of what was happening on this side of the call.

He wouldn't last much longer. Jessica knew that. She kissed his neck again, then glanced back at the timer on the oven. 45 minutes. Perfect. She sat sideways on his lap, making herself comfortable as she gently pried the phone from his grip.

"Hello, Mrs. Powell? This is Jessica Hinkley... I would be delighted to have dinner at your house, maybe tomorrow, is that cool? But right now, Nate is really tired and I think it would be best for me to put him to bed." She winked at Nate, taking his cock in her free hand and playing with it idly. "Mmhm. He'll be home bright and early to get his books and stuff for school, Girl Scout Honor." She circled the tip, pausing as she listened. "Yes ma'am. I sold the most in my troop, ten years running. I'm responsible, you can trust me." She held the receiver away from her mouth for a moment so that she could silently giggle. "Yes. Okay. Good night, Mrs. P."

She ended the call, slamming the phone down on the little table beside them.

"Okay Nate, I'm going to teach you a little trick." She hopped off of his lap and worked herself between his legs again, her hair bright and electric in his lap. "Great fucking is all about timing. You're worried right now because you think you're going to come too fast, right? Right. So let's remove that worry...."

She cradled his cock in her hands. "I'm going to make you come right now. Then we'll have... Maybe 42 minutes to make this happen again--" she kissed his cock, flicking it with her tongue, "-- and before we need to take the cake out. I wasn't lying to your mom, I fully intend on bringing you to bed. Then I think I'll fuck you silly... Does that sound okay?" Before he could answer, she took his cock in her mouth and hummed, her lips vibrating against his hot skin. Her hand slipped down, cupping his testes and squeezing softly, watching for his reaction.

Nate tried to get the phone back, but Jessica was already talking. And playing with him. It was his best fantasy and his worst nightmare rolled into one. Jessica's bare bottom on his lap, the sound of his mom's voice faint on the phone, Jessica's fingers making him crazy with lust, the fear of getting caught literally with his pants down. He bit his tongue and gripped the chair with both hands.

"Uh, you better stop that because..." he said, feeling his balls start to tighten. And she did stop, only to drop between his legs again, like it was a perfectly natural place to be.

She said something about timing, some tips about fucking, but none of it really registered until she had her fingers cradling his balls, his cock in her mouth. He thought it couldn’t get better than that, and then she hummed.

“Yaaaaaaa,” he said, and tried to say something, to warn her, but she ignored him.

He inhaled, mouth open, and came, one hand on Jessica’s head, one still gripping the chair. He shook, eyes wide, fingers full of blue hair.

“Oh lord,” he said, and smoothed Jessica’s hair down, “That was… I… wow.”

She knew a lot more about sex than he did, obviously. And fucking her silly sounded like a good idea.

“That was a first,” he said, as he caught his breath. “That was a whole bunch of firsts.”

Then the phone call came back to mind. “My mom is going to kill me,” he said. He kneeled on the floor in front of Jessica and relaxed back onto his heels. “She’ll love you though.” He laughed and kissed her and was surprised to taste himself on her mouth. He hadn’t ever tasted his own…

“Another first,” he said, grinning, and kissed her deeply.

“So now what, do we just sit here and wait or do you want to show me how to do that to you?”

——

Luke wondered what Josh would do. Probably get rid of him right away so the chancellor wouldn't think he was an accessory to what he would undoubtedly see as an abuse of power.

"Josh thinks of you as a plaintiff," he said, "and possibly as a victim. If he had to choose who to protect, it would be you, not me. You're safe"

He laughed at the irony of the statement. Rosalie was anything but safe, but that didn't really matter. What mattered was public perception.

"Please professor, can I play with my clit?"

Luke smiled into her shoulder and kissed the back of her head as she positioned his hands. He rolled her nipple with his left hand, and slid fingers along her moist petals, getting them ready. He slid two fingers inside her and found her little center. He worried it, slipping across, around, pressing over and over.

Her back fitted against his chest and he could feel her breathe, every move of her hands. He took her fingers into his mouth and ran the tip of his tongue over them, tasting her again. "I love your flavor, Rose," he said, giving them a last lick.

"If you drop the class, who's going to tell me I'm teaching Chopin wrong?" he said, and pressed that spot inside her a little harder. "Who's going to criticize my Power Points and judge my Philistine taste in literature, life, dress, and art?" He pressed again.

He filled his left hand with her breast and squeezed, gentle, in time with his other hand, then harder. "Who's going to play with my mind? Seduce me? Make me sweat in front of all those students?"

He was trying so hard to hold back. Jessica closed her eyes for a moment as his fingers ruffled through her hair, and for a moment she thought he might start fucking her mouth, but he didn't. He was rigid, gripping the chair for dear life, the poor guy. So sweet. So afraid of doing something 'wrong', but maybe that was her fault... Hadn't she said that if he did something spectacularly wrong, it would all be over? Had she scared him?

'Just let go', she willed him, but her lips didn't leave his cock. She didn't want to risk missing anything, not one single delicious quiver, one delightful, breathless sigh. He told her to stop, but the command was so half-hearted, she responded by licking and stroking his cock in tandem. He didn't want her to stop, not really. She was breaking him... She wanted to laugh when he tried to talk and only a wordless groan came out. She felt him strain and tighten in her cupped hand and she began sucking greedily, knowing that he had seconds left. He came and she committed his flushed face to memory, his eyes wild and almost disbelieving, his mouth open slightly. She wanted to kiss it, but she spent the next quiet moment licking the sensitive tip, smiling serenely. Everything about him was sweet.

He slid down to the floor beside her and she kissed him, his hot cheek in her hand. She hardly gave him an opportunity to breathe, she just wanted more, kiss after eager kiss. "That was a first, that was a whole bunch of firsts--". She cut him off with her lips, tugging at his hair. "You're perfect," she finally said as she released him, nearly as breathless as he was.

Jessica looked up at the stove, checked the time. 43 minutes remaining. "Wow, we have an extra minute. I wonder how we'll spend it..."

"She won't kill you, don't worry. Parents love me... Well, dads love me. I don't have a lot of experience with moms." Wearing something skimpy probably wouldn't work in her favor, but then, was she really going to dinner? Or did she just say that to get Mrs. Powell off the phone? It was free food, maybe more... What did Nate's bedroom look like? "She's gonna like me so much, she'll want you to sleep over all the time. It's gonna be great."

She laughed. "Sit here and wait? On the cake? Oh, Nate, no. I'll let the cake burn before I miss out on fucking you tonight. Come on, time for an extremely abbreviated tour of my glamorous apartment." He wanted her to teach him how to 'do that to her'... He was so weird for a virgin, so unselfish... She offered him her hand and began pulling him quickly along through the dark apartment. It didn't take long.

"Living room," she said dismissively, as they passed by a tiny sitting area, dominated by a massive, ancient stereo set up. "Hallway..." A blink-and-you'd-miss-it stretch of carpet, three doors leading off of it. She picked the door on the right, swung it open. Jessica's bedroom was small but very tidy, posters of Karen O hung neatly over her bed, a vanity mirror with photos of herself and a familiar-looking bassist tucked around the square of glass, but otherwise the walls were bare. "My room," she finished needlessly, easing him back onto her polka-dotted sheets.

"So tell me what you wanted again? To learn how to do 'that' to me?" She straddled him, sighing as she pressed into his bare body. He felt amazing beneath her, and she knew exactly how she wanted him, then. "Some guys just want to jump right into it, but there's a trick... At least with me." She leaned down to kiss his throat, her breath fanning over his skin as she spoke. "It's perfect. You like kissing. I love to be kissed. But not just my pussy, although that does feel so fucking nice.... Time for that later. Try here first." She traced between her breasts, her heart racing. Why was it so fun, so exciting this time?

***​

"A plaintiff? He thinks I'll take you to court?" The thought made Rosalie smirk, but it was short-lived; she shuddered, leaning back into him as his clever fingers pressed, searched, found where she needed them most. She gasped silently, fighting the urge to buck her hips. "I think... I think you're more valuable to me this way, at least until you sell that novel... Then maybe we'll, um, revisit..."

A fresh flush spread down her chest as he began to press harder, his tongue tickling fingers. She touched them back to her clit and moaned, every moment bringing her closer to the edge. Luke spoke, but there was something funny about his voice; it almost sounded as though it were underwater, liquid and somehow distorted. Rose inhaled raggedly, tugging the top of her dress down-- it was hot and she wanted him to play with her breast, unhindered by the heavy fabric.

"Okay, you've convinced me..." She hardly heard what he said, but it wasn't his words that had swayed her. He probably knew that. "If I stay though... No PowerPoint. And are you sure you can teach effectively if I'm--oh, Luke-- if I'm... If I'm seducing you in class?" Could they carry on in class without giving it away? Rose wasn't sure, but the thought was thrilling enough. She almost wanted to get caught.

She tilted her head up and to the side, catching his lips in a kiss as he fucked her with his fingers, over and over. She could feel him, hard again and pressing against her. "Tomorrow in class, I'm going to be thinking about this." Her voice was faint, mostly breath. She was so close, her thighs were wet, trembling. "I'm going to make you regret keeping me on your r-roster. I'll make you do more than sweat... Fuck..."

She was losing her ability to taunt, her mind was fuzzy, incoherent. "Right-- right there..." She closed her free hand around his wrist, guiding his hand as she came, squeezing his fingers in her wet, tight heat. She rode it out, unable to focus on anything but delightful relief and pleasure.

Luke felt every movement of Rosalie’s body. The trembling in her thighs, the curve of her spine against his chest, pressing into him. Her hand around his wrist tightening along with her pussy, a pulsing ring around his fingers.

“Wrapped around my finger,” he whispered, but he doubted she could hear him through the middle of her orgasm.

He let his lips find the back of her neck as she began to relax and sucked on her skin again, made another mark. He kept his fingers inside her, still, as her breathing slowed. He could feel her heartbeat against his chest slowing. He slid his fingers from her then, and on an impulse, ran them through his hair.

“I won’t have a chance,” Luke said, “In class. But to be honest, this is the first time I’m looking forward to teaching in a very long time.”

He didn’t suppose he would do very well at the lecturing part of it at all. On the other hand, things might get remarkably better. If he didn’t get fired.

His novel. Rosalie had brought it up again and he wondered if the thing would actually sell. It didn’t follow very many of the bestseller tropes, but maybe it would find its own audience. He’d have to check with an agent. Finally.

He curled around Rosalie, one hand still over her breast, feeling her breathe, breathing her hair.

He pointed up toward the old style intercom screwed into the wall. “We should ask for a wake up call in the morning. How does breakfast in futon sound to you?"

——

“My mom’s weird,” Nate said, kneeling on the floor with Jessica, his thigh touching hers. “She’ll probably think I’m going to corrupt you.”

He laughed with her as she dragged him through the apartment. He didn’t see any of it. He watched her bottom jiggle as she walked, and it wasn’t far enough to her room.

“I could watch your, uh, your ass all night,” he said, but she didn’t let him keep watching. She twirled him around and dumped him into her bed and straddled him before he could get a real look around him. It didn’t matter. Now he was looking up at her, the undersides of her breasts creamy, tempting. She pressed herself against him, all heat and a tiny spot of moisture.

She showed him where to kiss, and he tipped his head up to touch his lips between her breasts. He could smell a faint perfume, and her sweat. He smiled into her chest, let his cheek caress the inside of her left breast, and he kissed her again, in the center, lingering, letting his lips slide across her skin. He let his tongue touch the inside of her right breast. That flavor again, the one on her lips. Nate was curious. He let his lips drift between her breasts again and licked her, slowly, tongue wide against her skin.

“You taste like you,” he said, and kissed her neck. “You’re perfect too." He was getting hard again. So many new things to try. He let his head drop back against the bed and looked up at her. She was almost silhouetted against the ceiling, the light caught the edges of her curves and he ran a hand up her side and watched her skin dimple under his fingers. The light made her hair a blue halo around her head. The back of his mind evaluated the look- no key light, no fill, just backlight. He wondered if she’d be willing to do a photo shoot for light studies.

But the heat of her body against his shut down every thought but skin. He pressed his lips to her again and ran his hands up her back, and down again, lower, until he was cupping her ass in both hands.

“Am I doing this right?” he said. He kissed her ribs, as low as he could reach with her on top of him. He pulled her up his body, so he could kiss her navel, running his tongue around the smooth oval of it.

Back
Top Bottom