Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Mistaken Identity (ReadandWrite&Autore)

Autore

Planetoid
The piece of paper was so crumpled that Michael could barely read it. A heavy box teetering in his grasp in one hand and the other pulling the paper closer to his face deciphering the chicken scratch he himself had written hurriedly just a week earlier. This roommate thing was a godsend, and he hoped the other person was easy going. His cousin had said they really needed someone to offset the price of rent. Hell that was something he was very familiar with.

What with his ex taking everything but a few crumbs in the fridge when she had moved out, he was left with all the bills and piss poor job that couldn't maintain the ritzy apartment she had insisted on. His small used car had been his best friend til Sarah had told him about her coworker that was looking for a roommate. Taking a chance and the last few bucks he had saved up for gas til payday, here he was wondering if that was a 6 or an 8 standing outside of a slightly older apartment building. A small breeze ruffled his dark blonde hair. Annoyingly he knew he had to get it cut soon, if not it curled embarrassingly. Taking a guess that it was a 6 he nudged open the front entrance and walked to a single elevator, pressing for the 6th floor. The horrible elevator music had him wishing it would hurry up. His reflection showed a sturdy frame beneath a simple dark tshirt and blue jeans, Warm green eyes behind a pair of slim glasses and blonde hair hanging just past his ears. The doors finally opened and he stepped out rebalancing his box and walking down the hallway towards what he hoped was the right door.

Putting on a smile he knocked on a sturdy door and waited .

Alisa thought the name Sarah had said on the phone was Michelle, so naturally she assumed that her new roommate was going to be a woman. In her friend's didn't come right out and tell her no men, but she automatically assumed that Sarah would know she'd be uncomfortable sharing an apartment with a guy.

Alisa opened the door with a friendly smile, the words "Hi, come inside" coming out of her mouth even before she saw that it was a man on the other side of the door instead of the woman she'd been expecting. Wearing gray denim shorts, pale blue tank top tucked in, fiery red hair braided, but a few rebellious strands had escaped.

She assumed you were helping her roommate move in, and after you came inside, waited expectantly for a woman to walk in after you. When that didn't happen, Alissa poked her out out in the hall and looked down the hallway.

The door opened into a room that was a combination kitchen and diningroom. There was a vase of fresh flowers on the round table that looked line one of those old fashioned tables from the diners in the 1950's, red and silver, with four matching chairs. There was a doorway, on the right that led intoi the living room. Only one bathroom, small with a tub and shower stall.

"You're my new roommate?"

Michael stumbled momentarily over the thresh hold of the door. He was sure his cousin had said that he would be moving in with another guy, and yet before him was this cute minx of a girl. Shaking his head slightly he took in the quaint space and dropped his heavy box to the floor.

"Uh, yeah I suppose so. I'm Michael." Sticking his hand out towards the girl he couldn't help but notice how her eyes widened slightly at him and how she kept wanting to see someone else walk thru the door. "Is everything alright? Are you waiting on someone else? I am in the right apartment aren't I? Sarah said you knew I was coming."

His hand started to drop slightly worried he had already messed up somehow and ended up at the wrong place. He did think it was a guy that he was moving in with. Come to think of it Sarah never did specify who he was moving in with.

"I'm Alisa," she clasped his outstretched hand. "No, you're in the right place, it's just that. I could have sworn Sarah told me your name was Michelle so I was expecting a woman." If this was Sarah's desperate attempt at match-making she was going to kill her. Not that she was getting a bad vibe from him. He wore glasses, refreshing, most she knew chose to wear contact lenses. Her glasses were for reading though and right now was placed on top of one of her romance novels lying on the kitchen table. She decided she liked his green eyes. They were warm and she saw kindness in them, decidedly ignored the voice in her head that told her looks could be deceiving. Sarah would never have sent him over if he was dangerous.

Just like that she decided it didn't really matter that much that her new roommate was a guy. "Would you like to see your bedroom? That is if you don't mind that your roommate is a woman."

Her hand was soft and fit just right in his. He had a moment where he didnt want to let go, but even to him he knew that would have been creepy. With a small chuckle he let her hand go and shoved them into his back pockets.

"Well at least you got a name, she just said here, this is the address and start packing your bags. Is she that pushy with you too?" His eyes glimmered with mirth behind his small frames. He couldn't be sure but he thought she was checking him out a little so he did the same. She wasn't all that shorter than he was and had the prettiest red hair he had seen, not the carrot orange most red heads had, but that soft strawberry mixed with blonde. He itched to tuck away a strand that was laying across her cheek.

Clearing his throat he nodded. "Yeah sure, I'd love to see the room." His smile was honest as he followed her down the small hallway. "It's not a problem with me, as long as your ok with it. You don't look like an axe murderer, orrr the Lizzie Borden type. So I feel pretty safe."

Grinning he stopped short to keep from running into her back when she stopped in front of a small doorway.

"That's Sarah, and yes she is that pushy with me too. Very annoying, she tells me to do something and expects me to do it," she didn't sound annoyed though. Far from it. "Embaresing to admit, I usually do do what she tells me." It was true pretty much, except she hadn't gone out with any of the guys Sarah had tried to fix her up with. Alisa is hoping that one day Sarah would give up on that, but that's like trying to win the lottery. Possible, but the odss are very much against it happening.

She opened the door that was to be his bedroom, a small gigle escaped, "You may want to change the covers and pillows into something less girly."

There was something strange going on here. She didn't feel uncomfortable around him at all. And that was odd. She wasn't nervous, wasn't fidgeting, was speaking in co-herent sentences. Wasn't looking for a piece of furniture to hide under because he wasn't just a guy, he was an attractive guy.

It was his eyes. Those warm, green eyes. When she'd gazed into them she got the feeling that he would never hurt a soul. Not deliberately. It was sill of course. And then there was his easy smile and sense of humor.

'Ah so shes a bully to you too. Thought I might have been the only one." He chuckled softly and scooted past her, ever so careful to let his hand brush against hers. A flurry of tingles grew up his hand and he had to quickly cover a blush to his cheeks by taking in the bright room before him. A riot of colors made his eyes blurry and he rubbed his eyes beneath his glasses.

"Wow..yeah I think I'll need to tone this down just a little before I go blind, or crazy."

He teased her about the colors wanting to make her smile. She had the cutest dimple that popped out on he cheek when she smiled, and he wasn't disappointed when she grinned at him.

Walking around the small room he knew he could easily fit his stuff in here and not invade too much on the living space out front. "I only have a few more boxes out side in my car so it wont take very long to get it all in here. You can leave the door open if you want and ill just go get them now. If that's alright?" He had made his way back to her and tilted his head slightly to the side noticing how she stared into his eyes. "Or if your busy, I can always just take a key and come back later with my stuff. Give you some time to do what you need to..."

A few strands of blonde hair fell over his face and he blew a breathe trying to get them away from his eyes.

Back
Top Bottom