Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

NightStalker73au and Nightsorceress

Maximus smiled and watched her move closer to the bed, his hand reaching up to lightly brush her hair back already knowing the bruise was there. His eyes met hers as he spoke. "Which servant did this?"

Lily wanted to pull back when he went to move her hair but she didn't. Her eyes just closed as she he moved her hair "no one did this my lord i just fell." Lily knew it was a weak lie and could get her in trouble with the king, but if she told the truth she was for sure going to get hurt again.

Maximus did not hear her words, he was almost disgusted in the other servants. His eyes moved from Lily's as he spoke. "Lily I always ask for the truth to be given. If you can not do this how can I trust you."

"i am sorry sir, i am so sorry, but i fear the others so that is why i did not what to tell you the truth" Her purple eyes fell closed as Lily waited her punishment from the king for lying to him.

Maximus was more disgusted and angry with the other servants than her, taking the food he ate some. His eyes moving towards her body occasionally. After a large bite he spoke softly. "Lily relax and sit on the bed please. I will attend to those bruises later."

Lily paused and did as he asked not wanting to anger him. She was at a lost for what to say. She watched him eat. She knew once he was done she would have to return to the other servants her heart already filling with dread.

Maximus watched her sit down, soon he was finished his food and set the plate down on the tray. Reaching across he lifted her chin with one hand and lightly traced fingers across her bruise. "No more working with the other servants from this day on. You work for and sleep in my area only."

His hand felt so nice on Lily's cold flesh. She was always he cold, she was given very little to eat so she did not have a drop of fat on her. "oh sir, you can't want me to work in your area there are other servants more suited to the job"

Maximus's eyes locked with hers, fingers traced even lighter down one cheek before pressing a finger to her lips. Moving only slightly he picked up the tray and stood from the bed. Contact broken as he walked casually across to the door and stepped out into the hallway. Opening the small chute he sent the tray and plate down towards the kitchen. Entering his room and closing the door he opened the top right hand drawer of the large dresser, taking out the small kit before returning to the bed. "Lily you will need to show me all of your bruises."

Lily seemed to be entranced by his touch. She seemed to relax with every touch of his finger. She couldn't understand it but being this close to him made her heart race. But lily almost whimpered when he moved away from her to clean up his tray. "my lord you do not have to trouble yourself with my bruises"

Maximus attended to the bruises on her face and arms, his touch light and caring not like he would show the other servants later. His eyes once again meeting hers as he spoke. "Lily show me all the bruises"

Lily closed her eyes at his touch then open them again. Lily paused a moment when he asked to see the other bruises there was one on her stomach where a girl punched her, one on her breast where the same girl had went to punch again in the stomach but aimed a little to high and then there was a mark on her bottom where one of the male servants had struck her with a wooden spoon very hard. "my lord the are other bruises are not so bad. thank you so much for your help"

Maximus shook his head and did not believe her but would not push it. In time he would see them, setting the large case down on the floor he stood up and opened the door to the adjoining room. It too was huge as he spoke. "Lily you can sleep in here from now on."

Lily watched as he open the other door. It was explained to her that one day the kings bride would take the room as her own. "it is so large, are you sure, i mean a place on the floor more than suitable for the likes of myself"

Lily's heart jumped in her chest she couldn't remember the last time she slept in a bed "Thank you sir." Lily smiled warmly at him "sir what is my new role then as your servant? what do you need done every day aside from cleaning a fetching your meal?"

Maximus could tell she was excited but feared something too. Listening to her words he smiled and spoke softly. "Lily those are the only jobs you have."

"But sir there has to be more! i mean a servant should not have any time to themselves and with only Cleaning your chambers and fetching your meals i feel i would have far to much time doing nothing" Lily looked very shocked at him.

Maximus heard her words and shook his head, a little more vigorously this time as he moved back closer to her. "Lily my orders remember, that is all I wish you to do."

Lily looked him in the eyes. Her face was so soft as she looked at him for a moment "yes sir" She agreed to what he wished her to do. She started to wonder though why he would do this.

Maximus had been searching for a bride for the last year, he never realized just how close one was right now as he smiled and moved back from the door way to her room. Walking casually back to the bed he felt how lonely that had been and wanted it to change too.

Lily watched him go over to the bed. She knew he must have been tired and knew she much leave him alone to rest. But she didn't want to. She didn't understand it but there was just something about him that made he want to never leave his side "I am sure you probably like to rest My lord so i will leave be if there is nothing else you need"

Maximus did not want her to leave at all, his eyes meeting hers as he removed his boots. Placing them next to the bed he spoke softly. "I would like you to stay a little longer here with me."

Lily couldn't help but smile at his request. She tucked her hair behind her ear and walked over to him "of course my lord, i would happen to stay as long as you wish me to"

Maximus noticed the smile on her face and watched her move across closer to him. His hands removed his socks and eased his body back slightly on the bed never breaking eye contact with her. "That is good to hear. Do sit on the bed but if you would be more comfortable out of that uniform I will understand."

Back
Top Bottom