Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Kiko's journal, enter at your own risk

*Hugs MM!* :D

It's just a dishwashing job at a local thirties-themed diner, but the people there are pretty nice, and fairly laid back. :D Apparently the last dishwasher was promoted to cook in a week when the last one quit without warning. XP I chose the next day to show up.

It's going to take a bit of time to balance school and work though. I kinda bombed my essay outline because I assumed I'd have time to do it today, and was very wrong. Turned it in with less than a minute to spare, and not the quality I like. >< But live and learn.

Anyway, thanks for your encouragement, MM!! :D I do appreciate it!

Update:

My husband was fired from his job. >< Seemed the owners wanted to cut back on managers, and just poof... One day things are going great, the next it's utter shock. Make things worst the manager where I work said if I don't get my speed up, I might not be able to stay either. DX

So, in addition to working on my speed I've been devising ways to make myself more valuable to the company. >D They have NO advertisement, really. A blank, sad little facebook page, and two reviews from years back. I am pitching to work on making a refined facebook account and group, twitter account, virtual menu, and new everything online. One of the owners and the head manager seem impressed so far, so fingers crossed!!

Yeesh, that's awful about your hubby! And I'm sorry that it's difficult to get your speed up. I mean, speedy is necessary, and ultimately it's good, but it's rough to do it until you adapt. Here's hoping! Keep a good attitude and keep it up. Good that you're taking initiative as well!

Doing school and work and home, organization is going to be key. You have to double-check and be certain about deadlines and schedules, so write things down and call to check and stuff like that. You've got a lot on your plate (no pun intended), but you can do it, I just want to encourage you to keep organized about it! :) You'll do fine, once you get habits down.

Last one hired, first one fired. =_= Now my family has no real income, what are we going to do?

I begged, BEGGED, to boss to let me do the advertising. I said if you're downsizing because the customer base is too small, just give me the facebook password, and permission to advertize. No charge upfront, only if business picks up. She had nothing to lose! Why refuse?

Ah sorry I didn't respond Hahvy, I put it off that day and then forgot to. X_X But thank you. *Hug*

Also for an update: I found a new job, and I am hanging onto it by the skin of my teeth. I managed to keep from being laid of because of economical reasons a second time by spinning myself as a kind of internet genius and marketing wonder. >.> ((Shhhhhhh....)) But now I have to revamp their social media sites, get some good reviews coming in and make a whole site just for the business.

Suggestions are welcome.

What's the business about? You could probably find interesting graphics spinning around the idea of what they do and making it attractive but not overwhelming depending on the color scheme they would want.

It's a little Mexican Restaurant. It's a good place, honestly. The food is surprisingly good, but can run for just a few bucks an entree, and little more for a meal. Their problem is that they sit just outside of town, so people don't go there often.

Yeah, then it would be a good idea to emphasize on the good food and the low prices and not make them the focus exactly, but a definite deal. Like, don't make huge banners about the cheap price, but don't make them too small either. They just need to be eye-catching and tasteful.

Took some pictures of the food here, to post online. :D

Steakandshrimp.jpg

ThreeAmigo.jpg

Shrimp.jpg

MmmmmFajita.jpg

Fajita2.jpg

Sometimes things get complicated and what is important get lost along the way. We get caught up in who likes us, who does not, and pay too much attention to undertones looking for reasons to think that other person is being unjust. Those feelings become long help grudges, and the original intent is lost somewhere along the way, leaving only deep rooted pain, where it never should have been to begin with. Don't let time distort things out of proportion, I suppose would be the moral to take.

Still, sometimes it's those same little things that can brighten a mood so very much. I've been MIA from the site for some time now, because of financial issues, my work schedule, and a number of people in my family falling very ill. For some time my husband and I were worried that we would lose our home, and in just the blink of the eye, everything started falling in place. Now my husband is employed again, albeit for short hours. I am finding my place at my work, despite having no ability to waitress whatsoever. The business cards that I designed and ordered a few weeks ago for them came in today. When I went to deliver the small package, found myself reimbursed for what I spent ((Which I did not expect)), and given a free meal for myself and my daughter. It was nice to feel that the efforts I put in are appreciated, and I am so happy that I've found a job that I look forward to going to each day... Even if the hours are insane.

Back
Top Bottom