Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Here To Help [MRAZ and Fuu]

Fuu

Super-Earth
The sign read: Looking for help to change that life around even if you don't think you need it in the end you won't be searching anymore, because we are here. This cooperation was meant to help young adults who did not quite make all the right choices or who were lost not knowing which way to turn. Some had even committed petty crimes or formed really bad habits. Whatever the reason, Here To Help was ready for action.

Why just today new mentee's were going to assigned to their mentors. That is when it all begins a new road but damned sure not an easy road. Those who completed the program and became mentors themselves new that first-hand.

The building where mentor and mentee would met was very homey not some stuffy office building but warm and inviting comfortable, it was a nice atmosphere to try and draw away some of the tension that was sure to be their from the mentee's among other feelings.

The brunette girl looked around at the room and huddled in her chair, she had been waiting for several minutes by then and still no sign of anyone coming, it was making things a bit harder on the girl, overall since the thought of just getting up and leaving was starting to become more and more tempting to follow. For one Dani, as was this young woman's name, felt as if she really had no chance of really sticking to this program that her friend had told her about, for other she had never, ever, liked to get help.

Still, here she was, and the blue eyed nineteen years old girl was not feeling all that up to it anymore. They had separated the group she had been in and put each of them in a room to wait for their mentors, but, until now, twenty minutes had passed by and still no sign of her mentor, maybe she should really escape while she had the chance, it wouldn't be that hard, right? She had escaped from places a billion times, so once more, what damage would it make?

Still, as she was getting ready to leave, Dani saw the door opening just in front of her, her mentor had just arrived.

It was a bit of a test really.

To keep the mentee's waiting a bit just to see what they would do to test patience endurance a bit from the get-go. Just as the young mentee were losing it -they all had that sign, that twitch, that itching look- the mentor would come out. Exactly how Evelyn Banks did now. as her sharp -although not long- heels tapped against the wooden floor of the waiting room as she moved around the door shutting it not yet revealing her face since she was turned slightly. Yet her body showed off full hips and a nicely made figure as well as crisp skirt, blouse and jacket combination. After pushing the door shut with lick the woman did turn around, her black hair was cut short in a bob style, her face was a bit narrow, her lips formed into an indifferent line on her face and her eyes zeroed in on Dani. Upon a first look, her eyes looked brown yet a closer inspection showed the lighter colors swirling in them making them dark hazel.

"Good afternoon Dani," between her armpit and left breast snuggled a clipboard. The mentor came over and sat in the chair next to the younger placing the clipboard in her lap before offering a hand as well as a soft smile which showed the fullness of her lips, "I am Evelyn Banks pleasure."

Dani, literally, jumped at the sound of the woman's voice and, with staggering movements, she sat back down on the couch before the surprise vanished and she frowned lightly at the woman. What the hell had taken her so long? With a huff the girl half shook the woman's hand in greeting and nodded before looking away, so this 'Evelyn' was her mentor... it really sounded strange and it made Dani want to get up and leave but, this time, she just kept in place and turned to stare at the woman with a half confused and half annoyed look.

"They said you'd be here in ten minutes, I was about to leave." She said, just like the mentor woman had done, the girl was testing this Evelyn gal, wanting to see if she could be shaken, or what her reactions would be.

Evelyn watched the young woman's reactions to her entranced Evelyn placed her hand on her skirted knee watching the girl speak noticing the way she looked and spoke. The older lady only gave a short nod to her little sentence before speaking, "Miscommunications in the information line they happen sometimes," the woman said in a non bothered way angling the clipboard on her lap taking a pen out of her breast pocket, "Glad you decided to wait it is a good sign, after all this is for your benefit." The woman's eyes ran over the basic things that Dani had supplied them with about herself then she flipped to the back and offered the pen, "I just need you to sign this form agreeing and stating that this was your choice and we accept each other as mentee and mentor.

The girl huffed and looked at the door, she could run now, just get up and deny whatever help they would give her, she just wanted to get out of the situation there and have a smoke and return to her routine, but, then again, that would just be the usual, right? With a silent snarl, the brunette girl took the clipboard and signed the fucking paper. What could be the worse? She could simply disappear from this in any case and keep on doing her thing.

"There, so that's all, huh?" She asked while getting up and giving the woman the papers back. "See you some other day then?"

The look on Evelyn's face was incredulous to say the least as Dani moved to stand and leave thinking that was the end of their meeting. Still with the look on her face the woman moved her head with quick sharp shakes of a no. "Not quite Dani, we just met after all and have plenty to discuss," dark eyebrows raised up quirking slightly as the mentor added, "Or do you have something more pressing to attend to?" the slight empathsis in the ssentence was clearly saying there was nothing more important than where Dani was standing right now. The woman kept her gaze calmly in Dani's blue eyes waiting for a response.

The girl glanced at the door nervously and tried to come up with an excuse for the woman. "N-not exactly, but they didn't tell me I had to be here for long, so-so I didn't had it planned, maybe we could put the discussion for another day or something?" She asked, avoiding the woman's gaze and starting to believe that this had been a very, very bad idea.

Evelyn watched the nervous girl eying her closely listening to her rushed little excuse hearing the nervous hics in her speech. The mentor just crossed her legs casually flicking her eyes to the nearby wall clock just to be sure, "It's been less then ten minutes I am sure we can chat a bit longer before parting." her tone crisp and cool, "Why don't you have your seat back?" it however was not a suggestion in the way of her speech.

Dani looked at the woman and, with a rather nervous look, she sat back down, although not that willingly. Keep her blue gaze on the floor, the tomboyish girl tried to calm herself and sighed. "What do we need to chat about?" She asked then. "T-they suggested this group to me, but now I think maybe it was not the best idea t-to join." She whispered.

Evelyn watched the girl with a keen gaze and decided to address what she said secondly rather then first, "Why do you find it such a mistake to join? Pretty early on to start judging one would think." her dark hazel orbs move to the clipboard before she tapped it lightly, "I don't know much about you nor you anything of me, so let's share some things." she paused for a moment clearly thinking, "This will be my 7th year as a mentor here in the company. You are my 3rd mentee."

"O-Oh..." Dani whispered while sighing. "I'm not sure if it was such idea to join s-since it's already uncomfortable to be here having to say that I need help." She said before looking around. "They told me that if I wanted to s-stop smoking or getting in trouble I could come here. That it was cheaper and better than anything else."

Evelyn sat listening again addressing the last bit first, "True, the reason why we are known as better is because most of our mentors have another aspect then just degrees and the like," she paused for a moment, "we have our own personal experiences of being in similar places it helps make things a tad bit more relateable." Evelyn gave a small smile to her new mentee, "the hardest part is admitting help," she made an invisible swipe like checking something off the list, "you already passed that part so it will get easier." the woman assured.

Dani looked at the woman and then sighed heavily. "O-okay then... what do you need to know?" She asked lightly. "About me o-or about anything?" The girl was still one step away from running the hell away, but she wanted to stay. Sighing in defeat she looked at the floor and tried to relax. "I-I have some problems... I kinda can't solve them. I don't know if you know how's that."

Evelyn re-crossed her legs lightly giving her head a gentle shake, "We can talk about what you like to talk about," at least for this first session. Evelyn did not want to push it so she tossed out, "Anything talk about anything," the pretty experienced mentor know it might take a while for the girl to get something out. But Evelyn was patient one of her best attributes. She did not write anything down not know since thee teen finally started to relax, "I feel in this life we all have our problems, can you give me an example of a problem that troubles you?" she prodded gently.

“Huh…” The girl muttered to herself and looked down at the floor. “A-anything?” She asked out loud before sighing. “Problems, huh? L-life is my problem…” She grumbled. “Everything to do with life… I’m just not quite good at living, according to others I kinda suck at it.” She confessed. “Guess my problem is that I don’t want to do the shit I should be doing, I’m pretty chill doing what I do…” She confessed while shrugging. “I don’t really care about anything.”

Evelyn gave her a nod as she asked again if she could speak freely and she could. The woman took metal notes as she listened, "I think I see," she said in a neutral way giving away no opinion on how she felt. "so what you are saying is your not interested in the social norm? The regular deal. You don't want to go to college or even get a job? You don't want a boyfriend... or girlfriend? You don't have any plans to get married or have kids? You just sort of feel like you are floating by, day in and day out and that is okay with you?" she gave the girl a questioning look, "Is any of this hitting the nail on the head?"

Dani winced at the woman's voice and looked away as she began to list of what could be wrong with her, some things were spot on, others were not, still, for a guessing work that was pretty impressive. Giving a light nod the girl sighed and looked at her hands, she wanted to smoke so badly in that moment.

Evelyn looked straight ahead away from the girl slowly letting a silent sigh brush out of her lips. It was really sad to see someone so young this lost. But it was her job to help repair it. "Life is not that meaningless, this world is huge, this city is huge," Evelyn reached out taking the girl's chin firmly locking blue and hazel eyes, "There is a you out their we just have to discover her, unlock her." the woman's eyes were firm but searing with passion. She believed in the words she spoke. The mentor let go of the girl's face and pulled a stick of gum from her breast pocket. Oh yes, she saw the signs of wanting a smoke many times, even in herself once. Evelyn offered out the item.

Dani took the offered gum and began to chew on it, she was getting somehow uncomfortable by then. The world could be huge but there was nothing worth to explore in it either way. "For what?" She heard herself asking the woman as she looked to the floor, really, even with the slight relief of munching gum she still felt quite desperate for a smoke, sighing she looked at the door. "Think we talked enough already, then?"

"That is what we have to figure out," she pointed out. Dark hazel eyes grew sharp as they watched the girl glance to the door, she flicked her eyes at the clock maybe it was enough but..... "do you have smokes on you right now?" the woman asked eyes zeroed in and keen to see lying. Evelyn wanted to try and start breaking the habits asap.

"Huh?" Dani muttered before nodding cautiously. "D-do you want one?" She asked then, reaching for one of the two boxes she kept in her jacket and offering a smoke to the woman before her, relieved to be asked that so she could take it as an excuse to retire and also have a smoke break.

Evelyn shook her head lightly, "I don't just want one, I want them all." her voice firming as she continued, "smoking is a disgusting health hazard, one you will need help stopping so let's start now," she held out her hand palm up, "Give me all your cigarettes." she commanded her face ever so serious.

"W-what?" Dani muttered, taking her cigs back. "H-h-hey, I know it's a bad habit and all, but how about we wait to leave it?" She said quickly, getting the small box back to her pocket. "W-w-we could start it next, week, see?"

Evelyn just gave a sharp shake of her head, palm still face up waiting expectingly, "No. it starts now," her tone still serious and firming even more as she continued, "If I wait a week when that time comes you'll ask for another week and another. No, no, we will start today. Now hand them ALL over." Evelyn wiggled a few fingers, " Please, do not make me take them by force."

Back
Top Bottom