Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

The Missing third wheel (whtbitch4u2own & not2sweet)

It’s been 5 years already since the day of graduation. She still remembered her life back then, mainly because it was nothing but FUN. She had her share of fun as she was…not so much of a party girl but definitely knew how to party. Having perfect group of friends, she really didn’t need anyone as she was more or less invincible. Then the lift hit her and slapper her right back into reality.

Having graduated from a Nursing program, she didn’t want to stop there. She decided to go for Masters, thinking her life would be much more easy than chaotic. She learned, the definition held different meaning to different people. Sure, it was way lot less work load than typical nurses but she was still working just as hard. With a higher position came more tasks that were no way simpler. At least when you’re a nurse; you go to work, take report, give report and go home.

With what she signed up for, Nurse practitioner, she was overlooking various tasks as a nurse manager as well. She only worked on floor as a nurse for about 3 years. For the past two years, she had been promoted and it had sucked the life out of her. At times, it felt like that. Money was good but she could be a housewife and not work since her husband was making money handsomely with his lawyer firm. She just wanted to be out and about rather than be bored at home.

James was his name. Their story was a little atypical. Normally, she was the kind of girl who would date the guy, test the guy and then get into a relationship, as in sex, but on this one specific night, he was able to woo her with his charms. In their relationship, sex came first since they were each other’s one night stands. It wasn’t until after few weeks into her semester, she switched her classes and found him in that class. It was awkward at first but she was glad that they moved past all the awkward stuff.

He wasn’t you typical black dude. He was a very well-mannered and a sophisticated guy. She liked that about him, apart from being a beast inside the bed. What more could she ask in a guy. He satisfied her well and they really thought they were made for each other. She was surprised when she didn’t hear much debate from her folks when she told them she was marrying James, an African American male. Looking back at it, she was glad that it all worked out fine. While it was a happy story with a possible happy ending, certain people aren’t just made for marriage material. Amongst which was one of her best friends, Priyanka. Priyanka and Vita had dormed together in their first year and they really hit it off.

740full-vita-sidorkina.jpg

Vita was friends with before she met James. In the beginning, Vita remembered how reluctant the Indian girl was. But, as time moved on, Vita’s influences started to take effect on her roommate. Before they knew, they were best buddies. Since then, they have been good friends and have been in touch ever since. They at least try and talk every 3 to 4 days. If one gets busy, the other one calls. Priyanka went for a medical school who was also her motivation for Vita to go into nursing. Vita was really saddened by the new that she was getting divorced one month back. Finally, it was processed in the court last week. Having been a week already, Vita could feel her friend was unusually sad and so she decided to book her a ticket without having a conversation. Vita insisted-no- demanded that she comes over to stay with her for a few weeks, her call, but at least a week. Having given no chance to say no, Vita was glad that Priyanka had agreed to come over. Though, she really had no choice.

James was ahead of Vita and Priyanka by two years. So by the time he got acquainted with Vita, he barely got to hang out with her friend Priyanka. Though, it was for better because he always felt as if she was giving him a cold shoulder. Now that she was coming over, he didn’t want to come home. He was out for drinks after work with colleagues with whom he cracked a case in court today. He had just texted Vita that he should be home in 20 to 30 minutes. She was reading it when she heard her doorbell ring. She put her phone away, not caring anymore since she knew who it was most probably. She pushed the curtain aside to see who it was and saw her. It took her less than a second to pry open the door. “Oh my god! You’re finally here! Urh….” She said and spread her arms wide to hug the dark haired beauty. Dressed in a sweat pant and a loose top that bared her left shoulder a little as well as displayed her midriff if she held her hands up high, she hugged her friend into a tight embrace, not letting go or inviting her in just yet.

The butterflies of excitement started to hit Priyanka as she got closer to the house. She was excited to see her friend after such a long time. They did try to keep in contact with each other as much as they could but sometimes life gets in the way. Vita was busy and so was she, being a doctor was no walk in the park. With her good for nothing ex-husband she had to do all the work. That was the main reason the relationship had ended. She loved him, but he just wasn't contributing anything to the relationship. She felt she could do better without him, even though now she felt alone. This getaway was just what she needed. She was tired of being around everything and everyone that reminded her of her ex.

It was true she didn't really like James, but the truth is she didn't know him either. She figured she would just keep her mouth shut about him. If he made Vita happy, so be it. At least one of them was happy and found a decent man. She was there to have fun and spend time with Vita. That is really all she cared about. Stepping out of the car she straightened herself up. It was sunny out but she had rented a convertible so she was fully dressed for the wind and the sun hitting her while she drove.

5-201402-316485.jpg

She smoothed her hands over her leather jacket. Her hands moving over the faux leather pants as the door opened. Her smile was from ear to ear as she saw Vita. Hugging her tightly so happy to see her again. The two friends held each other close as she breathed in the slightly sweet smelling air coming from trees and flowers that adorned the area. "I am so glad I had the right house. I was scared I'd get lost." She laughed as she still held her friend. She had never been there, but yet it felt like home. A fact that made her happy, yet showed her how in ruines her life was too. Finally taking a step back and looking Vita over. "You look amazing as usual."

Vita was very excited to have her friend come over to live with her for a while. She had planned this perfectly as she wasn’t expecting her work place to get busy anytime soon. But she’s been surprised before so she was also hoping that upcoming week would be relaxing. There was so much she wanted to do with Priyanka. Be silly, go to parties, take her places and visit few touristy places since she was here.

If it wasn’t for Vita being aggressive, Priyanka would have never agreed to come. Vita could forget her husband for a few days if she could. But, she couldn’t because they were married and lived together, of course. Hearing her speak in her thick tone of voice, “Oh you got the right house all right! Come here you!” She said as Vita hugged Priyanka who seemed to be standing taller than the blonde. “And you smell amazing!” She chuckled and moved sideways, hugging her body before pulling back, “Oh god. Am I glad that you’re here?” She said and chuckled, holding one hand, she ushered her inside, “Come on in.”

Vita walked ahead as the door closed behind them, ushering Priyanka into her fancy house and into the living room. The blonde moved over to the couches and looked up at Priyanka, “Take a seat…” sitting beside Priyanka, noticing the white band around her ring finger. “Before you say anything, rule number 1: I don’t want to hear your ex’s name. 2. We are not going to talk about anything from your marriage. I know we should but this is you moving forward. And rule number 3….umm nothing. I will tell you as it will come to me!” she laughed as she joked.

Priyanka smiled and Vita's excitement to see her. She hugged her friend tight and eager accepted her hand. "I guess some things never change. Still wear Dolce Gabbana Light Blue, glad you like it." She followed the slender blonde into the house. Her eyes scanning the room as she was taken to the living room. "You have a beautiful home. I am glad you two are doing so well." She listened for signs of her husband being home, but guessed they were alone. As much as she disagreed with her being with James, she vowed to give him the benefit of the doubt. Even going so far as to be eager to meet him.

She sat down and smiled at her old friend. Crossing her legs, the material over her pants going a bit tighter as sat back. "Rules already huh? I think I can live with those. I don't want to think about whats his face anyways. Rule 3 should be consume as much wine as possible." She adjusted her ponytail before once again straightening out her top. "You look great, you have always been gorgeous though." Looking around still admiring her surroundings. She had little choice in coming, but now that she was there, she was glad she came. "So..what's been going on with you? What's on our agenda?"

It seemed they both were just as much excited. Vita was surprised that her friend actually got a week off from work. Unless of course, she didn't hear some latest news where she may have taken a longer break or even quit her work for now. Whatever the case, Vita knew she was strong and would get through this....and with her help, it would be much better. "Ha ha..." she said sarcastically, "Look at you. You've upped your style sense too it seems." She said noticing how fancy the doctor looked now. It was definitely money talking and there was no harm in it. It just meant you spend it if you have it, that's all. They've done very well for themselves and it was about time.

Vita really wanted Priyanka to meet James since they've never had a chance to spare words other than hellos once or twice. The tiny bombshell went about telling her friend about the rules and gave her a pert smile and a nod, "You bet! My house, my rules!" She laughed out loud. "Yeah...no really. You look awesome. You can get any guy now and that's why we are going to go out, probably tonight. Girls night out. Remember those?" Vita smiled and looked at her. "As for our agenda, we will take it one day at a time. Today we are going to relax and if you are up for it, we can go out to a bar, take it easy. Not a club. I was joking earlier..." Vita smiled, and thought if James was up for it, even he can join. "But yeah, this is the life now. We are doing good as you can see. I have a good job and he's got a great one too. So I am really happy."

Vita quickly stood up and walked over to the kitchen where they kept wine bottles. She returned back with a bottle of wine and two glasses. "Well, you said it so there you have it!" She said as she started pouring wine into their glasses, "We are going to consume as much as wine as possible! Starting now!" She said and leaned down a little to clink her glass with Priyanka's before tipping against her lips.

She tapped her glass against Vita's and took a sip of the sweet Moscato. Nodding at her friend's words. "I am very happy to see how well you two are doing. I know money doesn't mean everything but it certainly helps. We have both put in a lot of work to get where we are and where we go from here. How is the PHD progress coming along?" She sipped at the wine before putting it down. The climate in the house was much nicer than being on the open road. She slowly took off her jacket, making herself more comfortable.

"A bar or lounge sounds nice. Yeah, I am not ready to deal with all the club people just yet. I would rather have some nice place you and I can sit and chat, enjoy the scenery." She chuckled before picking her glass back up. "Will James be joining us? I can play the third wheel." She smiled and touched Vita's leg in a joking sort of way. "We can do whatever you like to be honest. You are the hostess, I just don't want you to go too much out of your way. I know you lead a busy life."

Watching the brown girl take a sip of her wine, Vita nodded back, "Well thank you. It means a lot. I know you two haven't spent time together apart form the pleasantries so I would love for you to meet him now that you are here. I love him. I think you will like him." She said and nodded, "Money definitely does provide the luxury. As for PhD, I am not doing it. I mean it's too much. I already did my Masters and I am happy with. Less work load but I have a managerial post so at times, I have plenty of paperwork. But it pays off at the end. Keeps me busy at times."

"Confirmed then. We will hit the lounges so we can sit back, relax and maybe dance if you want to." She said and smiled. "He can if you are okay with it. I was thinking a girl's night but I don't see why not. He's fun to be around so we will take him too. We may need a designated driver after all." She winked at her, "You can be the third wheel anytime babe." She joked back and hit her shoulder playfully.

Just around that time, James parked the car and walked up to the door. He unlocked the door and saw the mess in the foyer room. "And she's here." He said and inhaled a unique scent. It did smell good and the bags on the side, he knew the guest had arrived. He could also tell that from the chatters went on in the other room so he put his keys in they key holder and walked over to the living room. A tall and dark handsome man walked into the living room, standing well above 6ft easily with a full body about him as well as slightly muscularity can be seen in his features. He's kind of man that would feel like invading your privacy if he stepped right in front of you.

"And finally, she will stop bugging me!" he said and smiled, looking at Priyanka and then his wife, Vita. He leaned down to kiss Vita's cheek before hugging her. Should her brown friend stands up, he'd lean down to hug her as well, "She was so excited that you were coming here. How are you? How have you been?" he asked and walked over to another couch to take a seat. The plush leather seat squished with air leaving from it. Vita smiled and looked over at Priyanka, cozying up to her before she placed her head on her shoulder, "Who are you by the way?" she joked with James and smiled at Priyanka before sitting an inch apart.

Back
Top Bottom