Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Scarlette's Howl

Absinthresher

Banned
Banished
(Just a story that I wrote based on a former roleplaying partner's
character interactions with my own. The lyrics obviously don't belong to me, but
I want to see how many people can figure it out. Google is cheating, by the way)

The forest held a kind of smoky quality that night, fog rolling across the ground,
wisping between the trees. The only sounds were those of the night life, crickets
and frogs and chattering rodents, and the peculiar sound of panting.

Blood dripped across the pine needles, and he was starting to regret the loss of his
shoes. It was probably his fault, well, all of this was actually. He’d pissed her off, made
her that angry, triggered her transformation and paid the price. No shirt, tattered pants,
and several long, thin claw marks decorated his torso.

“If you could only see,
The beast you’ve made of me,
I held it in but now it seems,
you’ve set it running free

Screaming in the dark,
I howl when we’re apart,
Drag my teeth across your chest,
To taste your beating heart ”

Her voice sang through the trees, lilting and lovely, terrifyingly accurate in the situation he
was in. He had poked, prodded, and then hadn’t seen it coming when she’d attacked him.
He really shouldn’t have pushed her buttons, but what kind of Carver would he be if
he hadn’t at least tried?

Jesus christ, his arm stung. He could feel blood pouring down it, dripping from his finger tips
as he gripped the opposite hand over the wound to try and stem the bleeding. She’d done this
much damage just from a partial transformation. Damn those claws.

‘Where am I even going?’ he wondered as he ran.

“My fingers tie our skin,
Try to tear my way,
You are the moon that breaks the night,
for which I have to howl,

My fingers tie our skin,
Try to tear my way in,
You are the moon that breaks the night,
For which I have to…”

The howl was long and loud, piercing the night with an odd, ethereal musical quality that Daniel
hadn’t ever heard before.

There was a flash to the right and he barely dodged, seeing strands of his hair fluttering to the
ground as he leapt away from her. He’d barely seen the glint of bloodied claws and hadn’t seen
them after she swiped at him.

He turned and started running in earnest, moving much faster now as she followed after him,
letting out a barking laugh that, any other day, might have angered him. Now it just meant
that she was toying with him.

“Now there’s no holding back,
I’m making to attack,
My blood is singing with your voice,
I want to pour it out!

The saints can’t help you now,
The ropes have been unbound,
I hunt for you,
with bloody feet,
across the hallowed ground”

Daniel stopped and turned to face her as she approached. All that pale skin, that gorgeous red hair
and even the blood splattered across her naked form, so flawless and perfect in the moonlight, made
her look like the goddess Numbatwe should have been. If anyone could ever find an image of the perfect
female werewolf, they’d probably be looking for this memory.

“Like some child possessed,
The beast howls in my veins,
To find you, tear out all your tenderness,
AND…”

She threw her head back and let out that howl, arms outstretched as the sound hit Daniel like a force of
nature, leaving him breathless and gasping. He backed away slowly, her teeth gleaming in the night as
she grinned at him. Even that was wolflike, her canines making him shudder. He’d felt them grazing more…
intimate parts on more than one occasion.

“Be careful of the curse,
That falls on young lovers,
Starts so soft and sweet,
And turns them to hunters!”

She drew the last word out, crying out into the forest as Daniel turned and started running once more.
His feet padded along the ground as he weaved through the trees. For whatever reason, and he felt like
Scarlette had something to do with it, he couldn’t flashstep, at least not at full blast. Just abnormal reflexes
for a literal second was what he got when he tried.

“The fabric of your flesh,
Pure as a wedding dress,
Till I wrap myself inside your arms,
I cannot rest!

The saint’s can’t help me now,
The ropes have been unbound,
I hunt for you with bloody feet,
Across the hallowed…”

More howl’s joined with hers, voice singing to the heavens as he started running faster, pushing past the pain and
shock to move faster and faster. He wasn’t sure what she was going to do to him if she caught him, but with all
these cuts as foreplay, he probably didn’t want to know.​

Back
Top Bottom