Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

The Beast Within - Reborn and Frogger

Trinity blinked, obviously taken by surprise for the… what, fifth? Sixth time? Quickly she tore her gaze away, a light, delicate pink blush spreading over her cheeks in just seconds. “No… I don’t hate… your kind…” she finally admitted, albeit in a low murmur and under her breath. “Every time I Hunt, it’s because one decided to try and rip my throat out… not because… I hate vampires or werewolves. To me… everyone is just trying to survive in this messed-up world. That’s all. I still don’t get why you’re recruiting my help, though…” It didn’t take long for her pink blush to drain away… only for a pasty white to fall over her features next. “Look… I’m losing a lot of blood, and fast… so if you don’t… I need to head on home… or something. If I don’t get moving, I’m gonna pass out, and I’d hate to draw attention onto myself…” Trinity drew in a deep, shaky breath, only for a groan to slip past her throat seconds later. “Goddammit…” Her fingers slick with blood, Trinity applied more pressure to try and stop the bleeding.

IqbfnSd.png
MYqcVOE.png
APoSB3t.jpg
Damien realized that she was quickly losing blood and he ignored his own injuries shifting into his wolf form. He walked up to her and licked the wound the way he had that night, healing them almost instantly for her. The internal bleeding would still be there but it would subside slowly with the healing he did. He shifted and picked her up. "I don't care if you want my help or not... you're getting it." He said regardless if she put up a fuss or not. He lifted her body into his arms against his strong chest, one arm under her back and the other under her knees. Still ignoring his own injuries, as they would heal on their own eventually, he walked back towards her home. He knew where she lived because he had stalked her. "You and I aren't so different, Trinity." He said. "I too fight hunters to survive. I prefer not fighting them at all... Your brother has hunted me for quite some time... or I assume that man is your brother?" He asked slightly. "It's fine... I understand the feelings towards werewolves and vampires, I completely do." He made it to her house and put her down by the door. "If you need help, ask away. If not, I'll be going... Be careful... I won't be there to help you every time..." he said, teasing a little bit. "Humans are so fragile... makes me want to protect you." He said smiling softly, his icey blue eyes shining brightly at her.

No, no, no… Wait a goddamn second! Trinity was about to protest, however, the words could never form. It was as if… all the words got jumbled up in her throat, making it impossible to speak. Not only that, but… it didn’t help matters any, being swept up into his arms like she was… or being carried like a princess… Feeling a bit light-headed, Trinity scowled, which only looked like more of a pout on her. “I don’t know about all that…” she grumbled. “It seems like we’re plenty different, thank you very much…” Trinity lifted her head, threads of dark brown falling against her features… which were quickly taking on a healthy pink blush. At her house, Trinity was put down by the door. “If you need help, ask away. If not, I’ll be going… Be careful… I won’t be there to help you every time…” Damien told her, with a teasing note to his words. “Humans are so fragile… makes me want to protect you…” Wait, what? Trinity’s eyes widened, silvery moonlight reflecting off dark chocolate brown… and her lips parted, though no words escaped. Finally… she tore her gaze away, looking elsewhere. “I… I, um… I’m still feeling a little shaky…” she admitted, albeit reluctantly. “If you could just help me inside… I’d… you know… appreciate it…”

IqbfnSd.png
MYqcVOE.png
APoSB3t.jpg
He smiled at her protests to the claim of her being different, their only difference was the side they fought on. He smiled as her eyes widened at his statement. She seemed to be perplexed by his eyes and she finally managed to look away. She requested for him to help her and he nodded. "Of course..." He said, wrapping his arm around her waist as he helped her inside. He helped her find a seat, standing back up strongly. "Do you need any food or water or anything I can assist with?" he asked. Now that she was in, he wanted to make sure she was going to be okay before he left. There was food in the fridge, no doubt, and there was also very likely to be water from the tap, and several other things that this woman would have access to that he did not, living in the woods. He smiled and pushed a strand of hair from her face with his finger tip. "You're unlike the other hunters. You have compassion... that is what makes us one and the same..." he said. "I've long felt a closer attachment to humans then I have my own kind... by the way... I'm not just a werewolf..." He said. He knew no one was home, so it was safe to talk with her. "I'm the only known Hybrid." He said. "My mother was human....while she was pregnant with me though ... she was turned by a vampire... I came out vampire, but my wolf blood fought it viciously... and well, here I am today. I drink blood, but, Not for survival like vampires. I live on food, meat mostly. I've always found myself more accustomed to humans, it was easy when I was younger, a smaller wolf, I passed as a common dog, now... people know I'm a wolf... but I can still pass for a a human's companion these days." he said, explaining who and what he was. "The reason I am telling you this is I trust you... I don't know why I trust you, but I do... and I want you to trust me." He said. "My only weakness is a combination of wolvesbane and deadmans blood, neither of them alone affect me, at all."

Once inside, Trinity was made to take a seat… and then, had to endure yet more questions. Light red spread over delicate pink in a heartbeat, which only brought out small, insignificant details of her features no one will notice at first glance. “I… Ah… I think I can take it from here…” Trinity murmured, tearing her eyes away… looking anywhere but at him. It’s just too… weird, having him here, in her house… and without a knife closeby. As he delved into explaining himself, Damien pushed a strand of hair from her eyes with a fingertip… making it to where her heart skipped a beat, ridiculous thing it is. “You’ve… You’re… What?!” A hybrid, how is that even possible? Vampires and werewolves are natural enemies, have been for centuries… It just… isn’t possible… Despite everything she knows, the proof is before her… isn’t it? Trinity studied the young man standing before her, taking in the strong, bold features of his face, his broad shoulders… the bright blue of his eyes, and his wild black hair. In other words… Damian is neither vampire or werewolf… but both, rejected by everyone… accepted by no one. Somehow… she understands him, if only somewhat. Ever since she was young, every Hunter expected the very best from her: Uncle, Brayden… others whose faces blur together in her memories. Trinity doesn’t really see anyone as a friend, because everyone kept their distance. “Huh… Is that so…?” she spoke up at long last, rolling her shoulders and examining what used to be her wound. It was nothing but a faded scar by now… and, if she’s not mistaken, it’ll fade completely by morning. “Well then, Damian… since you’re so adamant on this whole… us working together idea, I suppose I have no other choice but to give it a shot and see where it takes us. Um… you can spend the night here. I don’t really care. It’s just me, we won’t have to worry about anyone discovering you. Help yourself to the fridge.”

IqbfnSd.png
MYqcVOE.png
APoSB3t.jpg

He knew that she was having difficulty looking away from him. It was his natural allure from the vampiric eyes. The ice blue eyes were meant to draw in a victim, they represented calm, kindness, understanding, and peace, when in fact the eyes were screaming the opposite. Humans only picked up on the blue, not the red hues dancing through the retina. regardless, he smiled when she reacted to his species. He expected as much. She likely thought they were impossible didn't she. He shrugged it off and smiled at her question, nodding. "It would mean a lot to me to stay here with you..." He said. "It's been a long time since I have socialized with anyone, let alone humans." he said. She offered him access to the fridge which he politely refused, thank you but I am alright." Before her very eyes he shifted into his wolf form and curled up on the floor by the couch. He didn't even need a bed, his paws were more than comfortable enough for him. He yawned and closed his eyes, curling up tightly as he started to think about the day, and this new friend he found. He was in a comfortable position and fell asleep quickly on the floor by the couch.

He slept through the night and woke the next morning to some delicious smells wafting in through the kitchen doorway. He sat up and stretched, wiggling the stretch right down to his tail before he pawed his way into the kitchen and sat on his haunches to look around. She was cooking something and it smelled wonderful. He shifted his form and walked over, shirtless and nothing but his pants on. His clothing resembled cheap sportware, from the sweatpants that helped him when shifting, to the Tshirt that he had shrugged off. Even though the clothing vanished when they shifted, it really just became part of their body, ripping how it needed to to blend in, so the stretchier something was the better, his top had ripped so he shrugged it off of himself. "What's cooking, it smells fantastic." He said smiling softly. Was this how humans woke up? Greeted eachother? Was this what it felt like to have family?

“Back off. It isn’t done yet, and I won’t have you helping yourself.” Trinity lifted her spatula, using it to indicate that he needs to keep his distance. In nothing more than a grey sports bra and a pair of pajama pants, blue, with silvery stars… light danced over ivory skin, the subtle dips and curves she both worked so hard for and inherited. Her long, dark brown hair was up in a ponytail, silhouetting her tall, slender frame quite nicely. “If you have nothing better to do, why don’t you set the table? Plates are in that cabinet there,” Trinity told him, indicating one with a dip of her head. “You can find glasses there, and silverware in that drawer.” Her lips curved into a faint smile, Trinity went back to breakfast, which a mixture of onions, green peppers, bacon, sausage and eggs. It was something tasty, especially with coffee or orange juice. “Which do you prefer having?” she finally asked. “Orange juice or coffee? I also have milk, if that’s what you want…” Water is always an option, too, not that anyone drinks it with breakfast. Trinity used the spatula to scoop a generous amount onto one plate, and then the other. Usually she doesn’t eat breakfast… but that’s because there is always something going on to prevent herself from eating this early.

The place may be small, however it's big enough. Trinity rather liked it, herself. The dining room is adjacent to the kitchen, having just a small mahogany table with three chairs situated around it. Farther down is the living room, with a large, curving couch, two armchairs and a fifty inch television. In a stand is about a hundred DVDs, and a few video games. Down a hall is two doors, one leading to the bathroom, the other to her bedroom. Trinity walked to the table, setting down both plates in front of the chairs.

IqbfnSd.png
MYqcVOE.png
APoSB3t.jpg
Was this what it felt like, to rely on friends, family, to have someone? Damien didn't know, and he didn't care, at the moment he had it and he was smiling. He felt like a person, respected like one instead of being treated like a dog. he smiled at her and nodded, getitng some crystal dishes out for them to dine with. The plates were pretty, they looked rather antique with the soft gloss the plates had. He sat 2 of them out, then got out 2 glasses. He listened to her options and opted for water. "Thank you, Trinity." he said smiling softly. She was actually treating him like he was someone important, and it felt amazing. He was eager to finally sit down and eat. "Smells amazing." he said, the smile widening as he picked up the fork and knife, clearly a little inexperienced with such things, but he figured it out quickly and cut into the sausage to eat. Eating with forks, knives, silverware, glasses, plates, instead of knawing flesh off bone. This was what it was like to be in society. He didn't know though, how long he had to be this way. Would he eventually be affected by this in a negative way? He sat eating and complimented her on the dish just after finishing. The look on his face said he wished this could last forever, but he knew better. He wasn't human, he couldn't live a human life, no matter how much he longed for it. "How long till your brother returns, I have to be sure to be out of here by then." He said.

Trinity rolled her eyes, a smile pulling at her lips. “You’re full of it,” she told him in a heartbeat. “Tell me the truth, it stinks, am I right?” It’s not often she gets to come home and play her hand at cooking. Noticing the look on his face, which sort of reminded her of… well, sort of like a kicked puppy, or a puppy that didn’t want to go outside while it’s raining, Trinity rubbed the back of her neck… not sure what to say now. “Um… Brayden will probably be back sometime tonight… Anyway, want to help with the dishes?” Trinity pushed back from the table, already gathering all the plates together, the silverware. “I can wash, you dry… or the other way around.” A shrug rolling through her shoulders, Trinity started heading into the kitchen again.

Back
Top Bottom