Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

The Beast Within - Reborn and Frogger

IqbfnSd.png
MYqcVOE.png
APoSB3t.jpg
Vampires and werewolves were at war and inside of poor Damien, it was no different. He was an abomination and as such lived like one, alone, only leaving his home occasionally. He lived in a small shack, hunted for his own meat and made a trip to the river for a bath and water. He didn't live too lavishly, working on a lumber mill not too far from his home for some money for the occasional beer or piece of meat. He made it okay though. It didn't take him long to adjust since he had done it since he was a small child. He woke on a particular morning and went out for a stroll through his woods and he heard a scream. He looked up, the sun had not come up yet but he could still see perfectly well. It was a female screaming and that alerted him to his sorroundings as he shifted to his wolf form to go off and find the source of this scream. He rounded a opening in the trees where she lay, ripped open by her own blade it seemed. He could already smell her blood as well as the blood that had previously been on that knife. She was hunting. The blood on that knife was hers, and deadmans blood. He swallowed his fear and moved up to her slowly, she seemed on alert and likely would attack him if he got too close so he stayed his distance ever so slightly. His eyes trained on her as he moved a bit closer and lowered his muzzel to the ground to pick up the knife she was reaching for with his mouth. He picked it up in his teeth by the handle to attempt to show her he was friendly, and he put the knife next to her. He tasted some of her blood and the vampire within him awoke but he kept it under collar. He couldn't let it out right now, not here. He looked at her wound on her stomach, she had been almost slashed in half, there was plenty of blood to concrete that finding into fact. He leaned down and licked at the wounds as soon as she passed out from blood loss. He healed the deep gashes and then shifted to his human from to lift her into his arms. He didn't say anything as he started to carry her away towards the nearest town. He left her in front of a tavern, the same one he planned on going to that night but, he was thinking of canceling his plans. Dropping her off he took off, leaving only a couple witnesses who had seen a flash of his face.

A man ran up to the girl on the ground picking her up, calling her name. This man was related to her, but Damien didn't know how. And he didn't want to know, he was gone after that.

Damien returned back home and went to the lake to get the blood off ot him, the sun started to come up and warmed his skin as he bathed in the clear water. It was a couple hours later that he returned home and got curious about the girl.. He could heal wounds but if he didn't heal enough she wouldn't be okay. He didn't know why he cared but he did, returning to the place he saw she was no longer there and put it out of his mind, heading back home.

Months down the road he decided to visit the tavern in town just before sunset, and to his surprise that girl was there. He was relieved that she had lived, he had helped her and because of that she was safe...to hun him. That thought crossed his mind, would she? She was a hunter, that is exactly what they did. If she knew he was here and what he was... she would kill him without questions, he assumed. But maybe that's why he did what he did next. He walked up to her table and smiled. "Can I get you anything?" He asked. This was likely to be the first mistake of many, in this fucked up situation he was dragging himself into.

Trinity

For years, centuries even, vampires and werewolves have fought. It’s not a big deal, really… if it wasn’t for the fact that humans were caught in the crosshairs. It’s for that exact reason Hunters exist: to protect those who can’t. Okay, it sounds a bit cliche, but it’s true. The training is vigorous, excruciating… more like torture than anything else, hell, it’s supposed to be, however… she’s gone through it all. Trinity has put in that effort ever since she was little. Killing is what drives her to get up in the morning, to make it through the night, morbid as that sounds… besides, she doesn’t really have anything else to live for. How much longer that will be, well… it’s hard to say. Trinity pulled her hand away, threads of crimson red trailing over her fingers and palm. The pain was dull, muted, somehow… almost like a distant memory, only the reality is cruel. A soft groan left her lips as the young woman tried to get up… only to collapse seconds later against a strong oak. Her knife fell away… out of reach, dammit. Does it matter, though? Little bits and pieces of brown fell against her jawline. Trinity rested her hand over the injury… only to jerk upright when she heard a noise. What was that?! Her senses on high alert, Trinity drew in a deep breath, keeping an eye out while reaching for her knife… but… the wolf managed to reach it before she could. Is it…? Could it be? With her luck, most likely. Trinity yanked her hand back as the wolf came closer… thing is, he… she, it put the knife next to her… What is going on? A strange, fuzzy quality falling over her eyes, Trinity passed out from bloodloss, losing her touch with reality. Everything that happened after that, she had no idea. The next thing she knew… she was waking up in her uncle’s arms, in bed… at home. It was so weird. What happened while she was out? Aching all over, Trinity sat up and rested a hand over her stomach… just in time to realize that she wasn’t bleeding anymore. There wasn’t even a sign of injury. What the hell?! Flabbergasted, Trinity looked herself over and over again… only to come up with the same conclusion. How is this possible? Injuries don’t just disappear on their own! It’s just… It’s just not possible… No explanation within reach, she had to forget it ever happened… despite its weirdness.

Months passed by since that night. Trinity has killed vampires and werewolves alike, night after night. Things went back to normal… or whatever qualifies as normal. Her hands will always be stained with blood.

One night, Trinity decided to sit back, relax… even if it is for just one night. In the local tavern, men laughed, clapping each other on the back and telling old, rusty jokes. It’s nothing fancy, but at least they serve good beer… Trinity waved a hand, taking a seat towards the back. Maybe it’d be fun… hooking up with someone tonight, but honestly… she’d hate to wake up next to any of these guys. That’s just a nightmare waiting to happen, period, the end.

“Can I get you anything?” Hm? Trinity blinked, lifting her gaze and finding herself… looking into the most beautiful blue eyes she has ever seen. There was a deep, captivating quality… just slightly wild, or maybe… more than slightly, and his hair was a wild, wavy black. If she didn’t know any better, she’d thought he was a pirate, right out of the pages of some fairy tale. Trinity shook her head, brushing aside such ridiculous thoughts. “Ah… I already have a beer coming…” she told him, averting her gaze. “Thanks, though…” Most guys tend to steer clear of her… Why isn’t this guy doing so?

IqbfnSd.png
MYqcVOE.png
APoSB3t.jpg
Her brother had taken her home to their uncle who took care of them, it was him who hunted for the ones that hurt her. When he found her she was covered in blood, but no wounds he didn't know why why was bloody but had no wounds. When he asked her she hadn't told him a whole lot, likely because she didn't know either. He hunted and hunted for answers but none came, soon the event was forgotten and pushed behind in history by them all. He went back to hunting alongside his sister every so often.

Damien didn't waste time often, but something about this woman made him want to. he wasn't nessesarily rejected - and she seemed to love his eyes. He sat down in a chair that was clearly empty by her. "I couldn't help but coming over here..." Okay, maybe he was using his Alure just a little ... maybe... "You're just very beautiful." Most men would say sexy, or arrousing, or some other word that said she was less than then and to be used as a sexual deviation, but not him. Beautiful described her to him. He smiled at her and placed his glass down in front of him. "I'm Damien, what might I call the pretty gal in front of me?" he asked. Little did he knows, she wasn't alone here.
"Her name is Trinity, and I'm Brayden..." The man took his seat.
Damien cursed to himself for a moment before hearing the next words after several moments of eye contact with the male. "I'm her brother."
"Nice to meet you both." He said. "I couldn't help but express how beautiful I think Trinity is. I'm a pretty open guy who usually sticks to my own... but I was drawn to her, I apologize if I am being too frontal with you, my dear..." he said bowing his head respectfully a moment. His hair fell into his face slightly until he raised it again.

“I can speak for myself, Brayden.” If there is one thing Trinity can’t stand, it’s other people speaking on her behalf. It’s infuriating, for one thing… and demeaning, in a way. Flashing her brother a disgruntled scowl, Trinity rolled her eyes, letting her chin rest in the palm of a hand. Little bits and pieces of dark brown, whimsically curling ever so slightly, fell against the young woman’s cheek. Beautiful? Trinity blinked, taken by surprise… finally comprehending everything else that was said earlier and that is being said.

How often do men use the word ‘beautiful’? It’s usually sexy, or arousing, or something along those lines… but beautiful? Not so much. What did he say his name was? Damien… right? Intrigued, Trinity swept her gaze over him… tilting her head as she studied the handsome stranger. “Please… ignore my brother,” she spoke up, gesturing to the young man who decided to intrude on this little moment of… whatever it is. “Brayden has a tendency to… butt into things that don’t concern him. I believe he was just about to leave… right, Brayden?” After all, there’s no reason why he needs to be here. Trinity just wants a drink, and from the looks of things, she might be able to engage in conversation not related to Hunting… for once.

“Right, Brayden?” she repeated, lifting a brow and this time, giving her brother a dangerous look.

Obviously not pleased, Brayden shoved back from his seat… placing both hands on the table and leaning in close. “Do anything to my sister… anything at all, and I’ll be back to wring your neck.”

“Back off,” Trinity shot out, letting out another sigh while shaking her head. “Excuse my brother, we try not to let him out of his cage too often.” A finger tapping against her cheek, Trinity rolled her shoulders before relaxing in the seat. In a black tank top, a pair of dark blue jeans, and a jean jacket thrown over it all… she looked cute, without trying too hard. “Your name is Damien, is that right?”

IqbfnSd.png
MYqcVOE.png
APoSB3t.jpg
Damien sat and observed the two, the hotheaded one known as Brayden, and the other female that he was introduced to as Trinity. Brayden glanced at his sister and left the area where he had been leaning, taking off out of the bar. He already didn't like Damien much, but he did respect the guy for being a gentleman about it. That was his sister after all. Damien looked back at her. "Yeesh... hes' uh... protective." He said. he didn't know the half of it. Damien was likely much more naturally protective, being a wolf at heart. He watched the male leave and turned back to Trinity. "Yes, I'm Damien." he said, lookign back at her connecting his icey blue eye contact to hers. He couldn't help take in what she looked and smelled like, a dream in all honesty. "So why is he so... protective? I would think your job is dangerous enough for you to handle a man going out of control against you, no?" He asked, glancing to her weapon. "Don't worry, your secret is safe with me." he said, glancing around at all the people here who didn't know hunters were even a thing, or needed. Some were fortunate enough not to have run into one of him, or other creatures in his food chain. He kept his vampire side in check as he leaned forward to grab his drink and raise it to his lips to drink down the malt liquor. He then set the glass back down and looked back at her, giving her a glimpse of his canines. Unlike popular belief, wolves didn't have huge fangs that gave them away, but they certainly were more fanglike than a humans teeth, to most it made werewolves more attractive. he also had another pair of fangs that were hidden in his gumline, but those wouldn't be coming out any time soon around this girl, or at all.

Trinity ran a hand through her hair, a low chuckle escaping her lips. “‘Protective’ is a bit of an understatement. No, Brayden goes beyond protective, but I think it has something to do with him being my older brother…” The conversation progressing in a direction she didn’t expect, Trinity immediately stiffened, hand flying to her sheathed dagger. “Don’t worry, your secret is safe with me.” Safe? How is it safe? Dark brown eyes focused intently on him, Trinity played with the idea of taking him outside, of solving this problem once and for all… but decided against it. There was too many potential witnesses, and besides… it’d be better if she figured out just how, exactly, he came to know such information… right? Trinity let her hand fall away, though she did touch on her other weapon, to make sure it was within reach. “I was attacked a while back,” Trinity spoke up after a long minute or two. “I was hurt pretty bad, and no one knows what really happened. It’s the reason why Brayden is so paranoid.” Once again running a hand through her hair, Trinity opened an eye as several pieces of brown tickled her jawline. It was then that her beer arrived… though it could have arrived, oh, two minutes ago. The glimpse of his… fangy smile did wonders to her heart, and silly as it is, it sent a certain kind of… thrill through her body. “Anyway… If you know what I am, why are you even here? Most men steer clear of women who can defend themselves, talk for themselves, ex cetera and so on.” Trinity rolled her eyes, light making it to where light and shadows danced along her features.

IqbfnSd.png
MYqcVOE.png
APoSB3t.jpg
He just chuckled about the girl being overly protected. "Brothers do that." He said simply. The waiter brought out a salad and another drink. He didn't seem at all affected by her sudden jump to her dagger. "His protectiveness makes sense, then, doesn't it?" He asked. "I imagine he doesn't want to lose you." He said. He could tell she was fishing, but she wouldn't find anything, and if absolutely necessary he would use alure. The most peculiar thing about this whole event was the silverware. They were made of silver, coated in it, and he was eating off it as if nothing happened, that would alleviate those thoughts for her but might be an event brought up later on. "Don't worry, I won't hurt you, that's far out of my list of things to do." he said. He watched her react to his smile, feeling her heart beat a little faster. He smiled and shrugged. "Is that supposed to scare me? I'd prefer it that way..." he said, leaning forward to pick up his drink again. "A pathetic woman with no confidence is quite a turn off." He said. The waiter finally brought their meal rather than the appetiser they had previously. He had ordered a beef steak and veggies as opposed to the salad he had already. "My family were hunters, killed off my wolves." He said, a play on words, but it held it's own truth. "So I know a hunter when I see one." He said smiling softly at her.

“I’m asking because I want to know, not to try and scare you off.” Trinity looked to the waiter for answers, knowing for a damn fact she didn’t order any dinner. He chuckled at her questioning look, lifting his hands as though in surrender. “It’s on the house, for helping us the other day,” he supplied as an answer, making a quick and hasty retreat once the words came out of his mouth. Trinity scowled… only to sigh moments later. “I told him no…” she grumbled under her breath. “That old man never listens.” Shaking her head this time around, Trinity studied her steak, mashed potatoes and buttered corn… the scowl melting away to a fond little smile. “I see… Your family was killed by wolves,” she spoke up, helping herself. “I still don’t really see a reason why you decided to join me here tonight. I came in for a drink: nothing more, nothing less. Others tend to only get in my way.” It’s true. Every once in a while, Trinity will join forces with another Hunter, maybe two… however, their alliance ends the moment their goal is achieved. It’s better to work alone, because then, there is no way to be disappointed or let down. Trinity cut her steak into small pieces, eating one and groaning in the back of her throat. “I swear… that old man makes the best steak…” she mumbled, not paying him much mind at this point.

IqbfnSd.png
MYqcVOE.png
APoSB3t.jpg
He had ordered his at his other table, it didn't occur to him that she hadn't yet. It was solved without too much fuss though when he said hers was on the house. "It really is." He said. "I come here quite a bit... I just happened to see you and I recognized you from a couple months ago... you were bloodied and pretty much looked like you had died. I wanted to make sure you're alright, and that you were the same person." he said. He left it open WHERE he had seen her, letting her assume it was that night out in front of the bar. "you know, you can never be too careful around here.. " he said. "Oh, I'm no hunter by the way, I just saw your dagger that night, and then again from across the room a moment ago, so I figured you were the same girl that was dropped outside the bar." Smooth. Like butter. He was pretty good talking himself away from things, making them less of an issue than they really should be. "So, what do you know about werewolves, and vampires?" he asked, his voice low just in case anyone heard him, "The myths, of course." he said a little louder to cast off any stares or questions he would have gotten. He'd never really understood why he was what he was, but he had no doubt that he knew more than she did... much more.

Little whimsical pieces of black curling just so under her jaw, Trinity blinked, once again taken by surprise. Something didn’t seem right about his story… but for right now, she won’t say anything. “Uh huh… Well, as you can see, I’m perfectly fine. As for what I know about werewolves and vampires… I don’t share that information with just anyone.” Okay, maybe she doesn’t know much about either personally... but what else does she need to know, besides the fact that both species are a harm to humanity? Trinity let her mind wander, traveling down Memory Lane. Dozens of times, she’s seen vampires rip apart humans to drink their blood… werewolves, kill humans for the pleasure of it. Yes, it puts her at great risk, protecting humanity as a whole… but really, what’s one life, if she can protect hundreds? Letting out a sigh, Trinity continued to enjoy her meal in the awkward silence that has fallen. Maybe she’s avoiding the issue at hand… maybe not, but in any case… she has to figure out why this guy is so interested in her. Does he know something about that night? Is he… a vampire? Or a werewolf? No, he’s touching silver… so… what, then? What is his story? “Why the interest in ‘myths’?” Trinity threw out there, tilting her head and giving him a smile many men has fallen for over the years.

IqbfnSd.png
MYqcVOE.png
APoSB3t.jpg
"My grandfather got me started on it." he said. "Did you know there are actually 5 types of werewolves?" He asked. Hunters knew little to nothing about their species, usually because they didn't care to find out. They thought wolves killed for sport, for the fun, but there were other reasons his brethren did what they did. Outcasted like he was for what he was still didn't cause him to hate his family. He still loved them, they were still special to him, even if he wasn't. He continued eating on the silver without issue, considering only liquid silver actually did anything to hybrids. Injected Silver that was melted with wolvesbane was the only way to hurt a werewolf with silver in general, or shoot them with a bullet that shards. They weren't too lucky in this day and age to have access to weapons strong enough to kill this wolf, and that was lucky for them that he didn't want to kill them either. He waited till she said she had no idea before he went on with his story. "My grandfather sat me down as a child one day, explaining the world, vampires, werewolves, ghouls. Things people pretend don't exist but we know they do... After my family were killed by wolves my grandfather taught me not to hate them, and I never understood why until I saw you hurt that night..." He went on. "Five types... The cursed, unable to control their shifting, changing during full moons or heightened stress... the partly cursed, they no longer change on full moon but if they don't keep their emotions in check, they do turn and are uncontrollable even for themselves. The Dire... Werewolves that have learned to rely more on the wolven form and not on the human form, they lose all parts of humanity and kill for the sake of killing, the naturalist, this wolf is most common, switching between forms to increase survival, speaking the language of the town they are from, growing up amongst human children or as household 'pets' even ... and then there are human-wolves, they don't embrace their wolf form, condemning it and hunting other wolves or staying out entirely. But why am I telling you all this? I believe when I saw you that night those wounds..." By the time she had been seen at the tavern, she didn't have any, but he let that detail slip. "were caused by a dire. I am almost sure of it." He said.

How had she gotten from the forest, to the bar...

Come on. Really? Trinity lifted a brow, a note of skepticism tugging at her lips. How coincidental is this? No, there is just no possible way that this is a coincidence… “Look, I have no idea what role you play… but do you really expect me to believe you saw me that night, bloody… when I had no wounds to speak of. You are engaging me in a conversation involving werewolves… when most people don’t even know of their existence… What is going on here?” Deciding not to beat around the bush, Trinity’s eyes narrowed… light reflecting off dark brown as she placed both hands on the table, rising up out of her seat. Threads of dark brown fell forward over her shoulder, curling just so. “Are you a werewolf yourself?” At this particular idea, Trinity reached at her hip, touching the dagger there. “Is that why you’re playing this mind game? Look, I have no interest in playing… and I suggest you beat it before I stab you through the eye. All I wanted was a night off. I wanted to have a drink, relax, maybe have a cute guy take me home so we can have some fun… I did not ask for a strange man to be inviting himself to my table, informing me of werewolves… and insinuating that he has something to do with the night I was injured. Leave, and we can bring up this issue another night. Got it?” Trinity frowned at him, trying not to look into his blue eyes, not studying his features like she was earlier. Oh no, if she did that, she’ll only get distracted again.

IqbfnSd.png
MYqcVOE.png
APoSB3t.jpg
He knew her reaction would be this exact thing. "Think about it Trinity. How did you get from that forest to this tavern... how exactly did you live... who...or what... healed you?" He asked. "You can attack me if you wish, But I won't raise a hand to defend myself against you. Whatever I am, human, wolf, vampire, I don't mean you any harm." he said simply, staying in his seat. "I want to help you." He had risked his life to save her because perhaps, she could save him, give him a purpose other than hunting humans to live. He didn't hunt humans, he didn't enjoy it nor was he alright with it. "If I was a werewolf... how would I be touching, and eating with silver?" he asked. That night he thought of killing her, but the look in her eyes told him she didn't want to die. That act of dropping her blade beside her, that told her that he didn't want her to die. A very simple action, but none the less the reason she was alive to threaten him today. He leaned back in his chair looking at her, wondering what her next move was. He wasn't going to run, there was no reason to. He was stronger than her, he knew that much. He wasn't weakened by wolvesbane, nor was he affected by Deadmans blood. No, only together were those dangerous to him. "Will you trust me Trinity?" He asked, staring into her eyes with his icey blue ones.

Trinity froze, a thousand and one questions swirling within dark brown. Where is he going with this? Why-? Every muscle in her body tensed as the puzzle pieces finally fit together… creating the overall picture that she didn’t -no, refused- to see before. It was not long until she shifted away… hand still lingering over her knife, however she was far more tempted to use it now more than ever. “You brought me to this tavern…” she realized in a low whisper. “You found me in the forest, and did… something… to heal my wounds. You may not be a werewolf, but you’re… something… not human.” Trinity shook her head in disbelief. “Why? Why did you go out of your way to help me? Why do it, when you know I’m going to hunt you down, sooner or later?” It just doesn’t make any sense. Damien seems to be a sweet guy… but… No, there’s no question about it: Trinity has to hunt him, as she would any other vampire or werewolf. “Trust you? How can I ever trust you?” Quickly she shoved away from the table, eyes narrowed again. Trinity met his icy blue eyes, fierce determination burning in hers. “Why don’t we step outside?” she murmured, making sure no one can hear their conversation.

IqbfnSd.png
MYqcVOE.png
APoSB3t.jpg
He knew it would be hard getting on the hunters side, he wasn't expecting it to be easy. "I'm not werewolf, and I'm not human... " he said. He looked around and people were watching now due to the strange occurrence so he agreed to go outside. He let her go first so she didn't stab him in the back. Once outside he stayed clear of her attack range. "I helped you because you can help me. That simple." he said. "I saw you lying there and I chased off some wolves to help you out." But wait, he made one move that he couldn't explain. His wolf form dropping his blade by her. "If I told you what I am, you wouldn't believe me. Go ahead, kill me. Then your race will be in more danger than you ever thought possible." he said. "I am only trying to protect you from what is about to come. I want to help eradicate those wolves which slaughtered my home. The Dires. The ones who forget their humanity and become nasty beasts... But I need your help. I am outcast by my family, despite everything I've done for them. The only chance I have is humans. Hunters. We can be allies, I can provide you help that otherwise you couldn't get yourself." he said. He still wasn't cluing in on exactly what he was, and she wouldn't see that form if he could help it. He wanted to help in human form. Even if it was merely protecting her or alerting her to incoming danger. Anything he could to stop the Dires. More and more werewolves are joining the Dires to hunt hunters because of a desire for either peace, or power. They either want to be left alone or they want power and want all the hunters gone. You and I both know that those creatures wouldn't know what to do with power if they got it... everyone would be in danger... and I'm one of the puzzle pieces for what is going on.... so if you kill me... you face it alone, and unsure of what exactly you're up against." He walked up to her putting her within arms reach so if she wanted to kill him, it would only be to simple.

Didn’t he just confirm that he isn’t human? Trinity played her fingers over the dagger’s hilt, tracing over the intricate design woven into the leather. Something just doesn’t add up. Damien wants to eradicate the wolves that slaughtered his home so long ago… and yet, he’s an outcast, too? Why protect her kind, anyway? Doesn’t he hate humans, view their kind as nothing more than prey? “I have a feeling this won’t do much damage against you…” Trinity finally spoke up, letting her hand fall away from the dagger. “It doesn’t mean I have to trust you, or believe your story. I don’t know what you are… and that gives me more than enough reason to let you go. I don’t want anything to do with you, ‘Damien’. Yeah, you may know something about these… Dire wolves… but you also might not. It’s not worth the risk. I’d much rather do my own research, see what I dig up, and go from there.” Trinity placed both hands on her hips, the black fabric of her tank top moving smoothly along her skin as she shifted her weight from one foot to the other. “I don’t know for sure whether or not it was you who saved me, either. You could have easily heard the story from someone who saw me that night, and decided to put your own special little spin on it. I don’t trust you, and I really doubt you trust me. Why don’t we cut to the chase, and just part ways from here?” Her lips pursing in a cute little scowl, Trinity lifted a brow again… this time offering her hand to him, as if to shake. “Bye. Thanks for… the compliment earlier, I guess. I had a nice enough time, but I think it’s about time I head on home.”

IqbfnSd.png
MYqcVOE.png
APoSB3t.jpg
He figured she was going to be hard to convince, but he expected as much. "I don't expect you to trust me or believe me right away." He said. "And no, that dagger won't do anything much to me... other than piss me off... but like I said. I wouldn't hurt you if you decided to attack me I'm not like that. You're welcome to do your own research, but be careful.. Dires are a little harder to take down than werewolves, and a lot of werewolves are becoming Dires. You can tell it's a dire when it's canines have grown larger than your forearm and it's tail is shorter, it's back is slightly curled and it's muscles have strengthened. That is a Dire, and those are dangerous. Silver doesn't work on them at all." He said. "you're coming across so many because of what is going on in this world... we're at war... and hunters are the last to be alerted." he said. He shook her hand and nodded. "I'll see ya...." he said, 'again' he thought to himself. He wouldn't just let her go, now that she was attacked by a dire they had her scent, and they were hunting her, he could smell them from the dinner. "I'll leave you be...but be careful out there." He said, turning his back on her and walking away. Once he was out of sight he shifted and waited. She had two weapons with her, the xbow on her hip, and that dagger. It would do nothing to help against the 4 wolves that were stalking her. He would wait. As she left to go home the wolves followed, and so did Damien.

Black threads fell against her features, bringing out the dark brown of her eyes, the full, sensual shape of her lips. Trinity may be a Hunter, honor-bound to protect humanity from vampires and werewolves alike… but she is still a woman. “I will keep that in mind,” she spoke up, shaking his hand before taking her own back. “Thank you for… your concerns… but I will be just fine. I’ve trained for years.” Besides… she goes nowhere with her bow or her dagger. It’s the first rule of Hunting. Trinity headed towards home, her thoughts revolving around the handsome man with bright blue eyes, and his words. “Dire Wolves… huh?” Trinity said into the silence, shadows dancing along her features and engulfing her tall, slender frame every once in a while. “I will definitely have to look into it…” If this really is becoming an issue, she will have to tell the other Hunters, and go from there. Hunters usually hunt alone, but in these kind of situations… it’d be best if they hunt as a pack. Trinity went to make a turn down a street… only to pause, a noise having caught her attention. I’m being followed… she realized, closing her eyes with a tiny smile. Fine by me. My night was ruined, so I might as well take my aggravation out on somebody… Her fingers went to her dagger, the moonlight playing along its sharp edge as it emerged from the sheath. “Come on out!” Trinity called, studying the darkness. “I know you’re out there, might as well show yourself!”

IqbfnSd.png
MYqcVOE.png
APoSB3t.jpg
The wolves had stalked her to an empty street, no innocents would see or get hurt at least. One wolf came out, it's size had to be twice the size of a wild wolf, and about 1/4 larger than a shifterwerewolf. The wolf opened it's maw and growled, one for now. that was until he tossed his head back to howl, 3 more appearing at all 3 sides of her. If she took out two of them there would still be two more. The wolves started moving towards her, prepared to attack her.

Damien waited, watching from the shadows. He wanted to see how she handled them. They weren't normal, they didn't die to silver like most did, they weren't even affected by wolvesbane... Damien had only found ONE thing that killed these dires... Him. His blood. The blood of a Hybrid. He knew she was in over her head, and he waited till she knew that before jumping in. First, he bit his own arm to draw blood into his mouth, he then attacked and injected one of the wolves wtih his venom coupled with his blood, this brought one of them down while it roared and eventually screamed as it's death brought out it's true form. He turned on another, biting at it the same way. While he was attacking the 3rd, the second and first lunged at him. The second grabbed his spine in his mouth and bit down hard, with a cracking sound Damien was thrown off of the 3rd by the 2nd, sent flying into a wall which only furthered his back injury. Unable to stand but able to bite when the 3rd lunged for him he bit it's throat injecting blood and venom into the 3rd causing it to collapse, the same as the first had. now only the 1st and 4th remained.

A wolf emerged from the shadows, massive, muscles rippling beneath its dark brown fur. It had to be twice the size of any regular wolf, but… if she didn’t know any better, she could have sworn it was bigger than a werewolf, too. Trinity adjusted her grip, ready for the fight… only for it to howl, summoning more friends to the party. Great. The more, the merrier, right? It’s a shame she didn’t bring any chips or dip. Problem is… will she be able to take them all at once? Trinity can take down two, maybe… but four? That is really pushing it. The first tell-tale signs of nerves fluttering in the pit of her stomach, Trinity leapt in. Normally she wouldn’t make the first move, but… well, someone has to. Besides, maybe it will be to her advantage this time around. Her dagger slashed through fur, bit into bone… and she heard a yelp, however… it was just seconds later that fangs sank into her forearm, crimson red spilling over her arm and onto the asphalt. Pain ripped through her, though Trinity tried to ignore it… to the best of her abilities, anyway.

“Fuck!” Trinity cursed, stumbling back while covering her arm. Just her damn luck. Her ponytail ripped free, little bits and pieces of dark brown framing her features, Trinity glanced over the injury with a critical eye. It’s bad, she can tell that much… thing is, there isn’t anything she can do about it. Not right now, anyway. Trinity drew in a deep, shaky breath… about to leap back into the fight, only… another wolf intervened. No, not just any wolf… the wolf she remembers seeing that fateful night so long ago, back when… she should have died. Her eyes wide, Trinity watched as the new… wolf took down two, though not without getting hurt in the process. Trinity watched he/she/ it -whichever it is- go down, after just receiving a brutal bite in the spine. “Okay… My turn…” she growled, lifting her bow. At this range, it was their best bet. It should work. No, it will definitely work. Trinity shot the first in the eye, blood splattering onto the asphalt again, though this time, not her own, and got the other in the neck. It may not kill them… but at the very least, they’ll be seriously pissed off and hurting pretty damn bad. What should she do now, though? Help this wolf, take care of yourself? Kill these wolves while the opportunity is in reach?

IqbfnSd.png
MYqcVOE.png
APoSB3t.jpg
He was able to take out 3 of them, but the last was still coming. He got bit again only for the female to attack the dire. He glanced over at her knowing that wouldn't work. The wolf had to switch his form in order to tell her why. In the position he was in it hurt to shift his form due to all the wounds. "My blood. Use it." He said. Damien looked at her, planning on her actually killing him too now that she was in the position to leave him and let him die. Blood pooled around him

The dire turned against her and lunged at her when he was cut. He snarled and lunged too far, jumping right over her - his back legs hitting her and sending her forward towards Damien on the ground. The wolf landed on the other side and growled as he turned to lunge again at her.
"Quickly..." Damien said coughing up blood as he let himself relax a bit, focusing on healing the deep wounds.

Wait, what?! What just happened? Trinity’s features pale, she looked from one wolf to the other… studying the bright blue eyes she found herself so drawn to earlier that evening. Little ribbons of crimson red trailing down her arm still, staining her jeans and dripping onto the pavement, Trinity grasped her dagger in the palm of her other hand, albeit a little clumsily. The tip, she pressed against his injury… making his blood glisten along the blade and shine brightly as it pulled away. Maybe she was losing her damn mind, but… this wolf did decide to save her, so maybe she can trust him… at least for now, that is.

The other wolf lunged, paws outstretched and jaw wide… but Trinity put an end to all that business. Drawing her arm back, she thrust her blade up… right through its jaw, and into other places she didn’t care to think about. Fresh blood splashed onto her hands, this time, not her own. With a grunt Trinity yanked it out… only to stagger back, fatigue washing over her body.

Dammit… Dammit, dammit! Trinity threw out a hand, leaning against a nearby building as she tried to steady herself.

IqbfnSd.png
MYqcVOE.png
APoSB3t.jpg
She seemed alarmed at him revealing himself, and rightfully so he was still a wolf. He lay there a moment as he healed up his body, glancing over at her leaning on the wall. He looked over her seeing if she was hurt, during the battle she had been attacked but he couldn't tell for sure if she had been seriously wounded. "Are you okay?" He asked, coughing and sitting up. His wounds were healing rapidly, so he wasn't too worried about himself. He slowly stood and moved over to her, limping a bit and holding the wound on his side and stomach. He just looked at her, hoping the situation itself would prove to her what he had been saying. "I'm the key..." he said, his only words until... "These creatures have developed an immunity to your weapons, they are honed, their powers outwit my own and are destroying my kind, both of them. They can not be stopped by you, or I alone..." He said. "If I die, you lose the battle forever. If you refuse to see this or understand this, we lose the battle... " he said. "Please, let me help you." He glanced around at all the dead bodies of the Dires.

"I'll be fine," Trinity grumbled. Oh yeah, she's just peachy. How could she not be? First of all, she gets attacked by four wolves... right in the middle of town. A handsome stranger she just met comes to her rescue and, oh! He's a werewolf, too. Great. Just fabulous. Trinity applied pressure onto her arm, little rivulets of crimson trailing down her forearm still as she tried to make sense of the situation. "You're the key, huh?" she finally spoke up, thrusting her chin up and leveling him with a glare. "I get that you can't stop them alone, but why me? There are other Hunters more experienced, more... knowledgeable in how to take down wolves. Go bother them." Trinity twisted away from him, only to stagger while a dizzy spell overtook her senses. With a groan, the young woman leaned against the nearest house, nearly panting. I didn't realize I lost so much blood... Bowing her head, Trinity tried counting the tiles beneath her feet to center herself. It didn't help a whole lot, but it helped some. "Okay... say I believe you..." she murmured. "Again, why me? Why are you asking me to help?"

IqbfnSd.png
MYqcVOE.png
APoSB3t.jpg

He smiled at her sarcasm, enjoying how her tone dripped in it. He liked this about the hunter. "Honestly??" He asked. He paused and thought about telling her. Her knowing the truth was going to cause quite a few things to happen. He shrugged it off. "That day, when I saw you...no..heard you in the forest being attacked, when I came in I thought about killing you, but something about the way you looked at me - passion burning in your eyes. You didn't hate my kind. You fought us because we fought back." He said. "You don't have the 'stone killer' look about you... beyond all of this sarcasm there is a woman that just wants to live with your faces in the light rather than the dark, your heroes in the limelight rather than the shadows. I understand that, trust me, I really do understand how you feel." He said. "Ever since I was a pup and that man came into my home and killed almost my entire pack but me and my brother, I vowed to get him back. The bath of hatred has brought me to you for a reason. We have been given an option, fight, or join forces and become stronger together. Or kill each other and continue the path..."

Back
Top Bottom