Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

SAMOK (EveningSky & G23)

Fifteen minutes after Samantha pulled into the dimly lit parking lot, Luke appeared. Parking right next to her. After locking her truck Samantha entered the car, smiling at Ezra.

"Hey.." Luke grinned

"Hey" Samantha buckled herself in, biting her lip nervously.

Luke backed out of the parking lot, setting out for the big city. He sensed her nervousness and reached into his glove box, passing her a bottle of alcohol. "This should help you relax" Luke smirked a bit, returning his eyes to the road. He glanced at the pretty prim blonde, putting the rim of the bottle to her pretty little mouth, taking a large sip. Samantha frowned, closing the bottle and putting it back. Wiping her mouth with the back of her sleeve.

"What's wrong?" Luke asked curiously.

"I don't really drink..." She shrugged slightly "I don't drink at all actually...you should know that" Why is Ezra being weird, She thought

Luke busted out in laughter "I'm sorry..." chuckling some more.

Samantha glared at the boy, slightly offended by his laughter. She may be a junkie, going through withdrawal. Samantha Beckett was still herself inside, she simply needed to find that person again. So far it had been easier said than done.

Luke drove through the city till he reached a street laden with nightclubs. Leaving Samantha in the car, he set out in search for the usual suspects. Twenty minutes he returned, angry and slightly scared. Without a word Luke started the vehicle again, driving away as he muttered to himself.

"Is everything alright?"

"Yeah...it's cool" he smiled tightly "Its all fine..." Luke could not understand why the club showed interest in the girl. She was a Beckett after all. He knew some of the history between the families, mostly the struggles and loss the reservation faced because of it. Luke brought Samantha down to the city for her fix. A place he thought the club could not touch. Now Luke was learning the hard way.

The car stopped in front of rickety old house, the front yard littered with old junk pieces.

"I've got a friend here who can help us" Luke jumped out opening the door for Samantha.

Her eyes scanned the area cautiously. "Is this...safe?"

Samantha had not known much about the life of drugs. Colin being her only connection to peyote in Wilmington. She did not know the dangers of overdosing, the dangers of being surrounded by boys who were high as kites. As they stepped into the house her stomach dropped, instant regret seeping into her soul.

Smoke filled small space, a foul odor along with it. The house had a few occupants, all of them seemingly filled with an illegal substance. Luke took Samantha to the living room, sitting her down next to a girl, who had been currently sticking a needle into her arm. Samantha's brown eyes stared at the scene in front of her. Hands clasping together tightly, an urgent need to run away building within.

Luke found his friend, almost high in his bedroom "Just give me the strongest thing man"

"Why don't you just buy from Big Al man, you'll get what it is you need"

"I can't buy from dealers right now...it's complicated"

Jake sighed "Well I can give you from my personal shit but you gotta gimme something ya know"

Luke smirked, dropping a hundred dollar bill on the Jake's bed.

"My man!" Jake pulled a black box from under his bed. A black box filled with needles and small bags of white powder. "Two needles, two bags of hero....enjoy my friend"

Luke grinned "knew I could count on you"

When he returned to the living room, his eyes widen. Luke dropped the drugs, rushing over to Samantha. Her body laying unconscious on the couch, two needles attached to both arms.

"What the fuck happened?" He shouted

"She looked a little jittery" A blue eyed boy to his left answered "Gave her some coke, and I think Amber shot her full of meth too" The boy shrugged nonchalantly, to far gone to care.

"Shit.shit. shit" Luke began panicking, yanking the needles from the bride's arm. His fingers pressed to her neck, no response from her pulse. "Fuck...." He scooped her up, bolting out to his car. Luke threw her in the backseat, hopping into the front, glancing back every now and then to see if she came to her senses.

Thrity minutes later they were back in town, Luke pulling into the dark parking lot that he met Samantha at.

"Keys..." he dug though her pocket, eventually finding the keys to her truck. Carefully Luke carried Samantha to her truck, laying her down across the seats in the front. The boy's eyes scanned the area quickly before he drove off, heading back to the reservation. His heart racing a mile a minute.

It had been wrong of him to leave her, but there was no other choice. What if Samantha Beckett overdosed, then Luke would be left with a dead body. The dead body of a girl SAMOK sought to protect. Things wouldn't end well for him. So he left, Luke returned to the reservation, gathered his things and left Wilmington. Heading two states over, at least until everything blew over.

Morning rolled in, the red truck still sitting in the empty parking lot. An unresponsive blonde girl laying on the front seat.

Luke didn't even make it out of the county. The four separated at his friend's house. Two got the needles and the exact name of the dealers out of the helpful junkies, while the other two followed Luke.

They watched him dump Samantha then followed him home. They let him get off the rez, then ran him off the road. They dragged him out of the car, knocked him out, tied him up, and dumped in front of Sean's police station.

As for Samantha the two who had gotten the drugs made a call and were met at the parking lot by one of their protected dealers, an actual doctor and chemist, who had already injected Samantha with neutralizing agents and a serious sedative. Gloves on the three first searched the truck for any sign of any other drugs, then lay the unaltered needles on the dash, with the confession from Luke's friends as to what they had done, and more importantly who they had done it for.

Once Samantha was breathing safe again and out cold under the sedative, they covered her up and made their calls. Luke was found three hours after being dropped off, cold and far too scared to dare lie, as the ambulance had already been called and found the still unconscious but stable Samantha in her truck.

Sean was called instantly, first learning that his daughter had been found drugged and abandoned in her truck by Luke, had been injected with a toxic mix of cocaine and meth, yet somehow she had survived, though her blood showed signs of serious blood recent blood use, and that Luke had been found trussed up in front of the station.

Through it all Ezra slept in peaceful ignorance. He would have approved of most of it, but the biggest surprise was yet to come. Two witnesses also waited at the police station, one with undeniable proof that Colin Samuel had purchased and used peyote while dating Sean Beckett's daughter, and the second was certain she had seen him share it with Samantha who also used it. The officer on duty had heard the story and had them in the conference room, terrified how his boss would react when he found out.

Thomas and Red were also fast asleep, while the four took great care to ensure that their presence went unknown, as none of them had worn cuts, all of them had been in heavy hoodies, worn stolen gloves with latex gloves beneath, and had stayed out of sight of all cameras and lights. The car they had borrowed and the doctor was an upstanding member of the community.

The new day came with an uproar, but without any sign of involvement from SAMOK, the Willowfoots, or any other Natives.

The witnesses also recalled that Colin had purchased peyote because it was cheap, potent, and the only powerful intoxicant available.

Sean Beckett arrived at the police station, angry, distraught and unforgiving. Samantha had just been transferred home, were Sean hired a private doctor to make sure his daughter recovered safely. Marcia insisted Samantha return home. Wanting her baby girl to be comfortable. Both parents disappointed in their child, but most of all with themselves. Everyday they saw her smile, laugh and entertain her brother's. Helping around the house, working in the stables and garden without hassle. As a mother Marcia felt like a failure, it had been her duty to notice. To see that Samantha was facing things that led her to drugs. If only she had been there for her, to catch her when she fell. How lonely she must have felt. Marcia needed to believe something drove Samantha to those decisions.

So when Marcia found Sean sitting near theirs daughter's bed, she spoke her mind. Hands gentle, yet drinking gripping his shoulder. A sign of comfort, letting her husband know that she too felt the pain.

"Something was going on..." Her voice soft and low "Samantha is not the type to just....use drugs..." Marcia swallowed, stifling her tears in the process "We need to find out what affected her so much."

Sean sighed, carefully holding Samantha's hand "You mean we need to find out what we as Her parents should've seen from the start"

Marcia nodded, salty tears staining her cheeks "Go down to the station, and deal with the son of bitch who did this to our girl. Someone put those drugs in her hand Sean, Samantha did not go looking for them."

Marcia's words resonated with Sean when the chief summoned him to the office. Sean waited briefly outside the office for a moment, gathering himself before entering.

The chief eyed his deputy, a look of sympathy plastered on the old man's face.

"Look Beckett..."

"Where is he?" Sean inquired, his clam scaring the chief.

"He's in interrogation..." Chief Sanders shook his head slowly, as if debating something still. "I don't think it's wise for you to be on this case" his eyes met Sean square on "But as my second in command....because I love Sammy like my own...I'm giving it you"

Sean felt his fist clench when the chief began speaking. Almost as if he had removed Sean from the case. A huge sense of relief washed over him when the chief said otherwHise.

"Thanks"

Sanders nodded with a sad smile "The facts aren't pretty though...just a heads up"

Sean gave a court nod, turning on his heels and heading right out. Straight to the officer who processed everything. It took everything Sean had in him not to scream, when all the evidence showed the sick things that someone planned to do with his daughter.

"He says it's was an accident..."Officer Joey scoffed

Sean grabbed the file "Well we'll see about that"

Upon entering the interrogation room, Sean Beckett slammed the door. Causing Luke to jump slightly, palms sweating at the sight of the tall dark haired brown eyed Beckett. The hard gaze of the man, enough to make anyone urinate all over themselves. Instant regret flooded Luke's being, many different outcomes running through his head. All of them starting with the fact that abandoning Samantha had been the wrong thing to do. Luke knew he messed up the moment he had been jumped by SAMOK. Ratting them out, would only mean signing his death sentence.

"So Luke..." Sean laid opened the file, leaning on the table, both palms facing down. His attempt at not knocking the boy down. "You left my daughter for dead in her truck..." Sean's chuckle mixed with restraint, the scariest thing one could ever hear. "Tell me why I shouldn't put a bullet between your eyes....this is your only chance.." He pulled the chair out, taking a seat.

"I-i- I.....s-si-sir..." Luke fumbled with his words like an idiot.

"Did you stumble like that when you thought about leaving Samantha out there all alone?" Sean growled "Did you stumble when you took her some fucking junkie house!" The man's fist slammed into the metal table with a loud bang.

"I'm sorry..."

"Sorry?" Sean scoffed "Is that all you can say?"

"I just wanted too have what was Ezra's....i swear that's all I wanted Sir. Samantha was already taking some sort of drug, word on the rez was that no one could sell her anything. No one could even get close to her."

Sean frowned "What do you mean?"

"Ezra is worshipped, like some God damn Prince" Luke sounded disgusted. "He may have a lot of them fooled but some of us aren't. The guys and I decided to take what Ezra wish he had..."

"Ezra has nothing to with my daughter, she has nothing to do with him. You're mistaken."

Luke smirked "He even has you fooled"

Sean narrowed his eyes "Look here you little piece of shit, Ezra Willowfoot has nothing to do with the fact you took my daughter to do drugs."

"He has everything to do with it" Luke grinned "Samantha was doing drugs before I got to her, I went after her because of him. Your precious little girl had been going through withdrawal for weeks. I took her tonight to gain her trust, left her for few minutes and those dipshits dosed her up. I panicked, left her in their truck. It was wrong, and I'm sorry. Samantha was never suppose to be hurt, just Ezra."

Sean swallowed, a sick smile on his face "I have solid evidence of yo and your friends intent to harm my daughter and you sit here spewing this bullshit" Sean grabbed Luke's head, slamming it down onto the table. Officers rushed in, pulling Sean out. Saving Luke's life in the process

"I never planned that!" Luke shouted, tears welling in his eyes. Blood trickling down his nose.

Two hours later Sean was able to corroborate Luke's story. Two witnesses naming Colin as Samantha's source of drugs. His dealer and a girl who saw the boy passing it on to Samantha. By the time noon rolled in Sean had been exhausted, and still just as angry. Colin Samuel's parents had been shocked to learn of their son's drug use, even more so when he admitted to giving Samantha peyote. Sean Beckett had been bothered by the fact that his daughter accepted peyote. Why would Samantha take it? He thought as he pulled in front of the Willowfoot's compound. Calling for Red Willowfoot, needing to know why someone would want to use Samantha to hurt Ezra.

Ezra met Sean. his already natural swarthy features were eerily pale. "How is she?"

Once assured she was alright he sat down taking calming breathes. Red and Thomas welcomed Sean onto the compound and lead him into the chapel, the door shutting behind them.

The building was solid cherry oak paneling and floors, surrounding a jet black twenty foot table, with the image of the Sons of Anarchy carved deep into the top. Red took his place at the head, where the pulpit used to be, while Thomas sat to his left. They gestured for Sean to sit on their right.

Red studied the man for a long while then spoke. "First i want to address the accusation the little fool made against my grandson. Ezra has never touched your daughter, except when saving her life. But he considers her a friend. He's a very protective friend. Hence the concern. He has stayed away from her, at her request after an incident your wife witnesses the night he was supposed to stay at your home. Which i am grateful to you for protecting him."

Red held up a hand before Sean could ask how Red knew about that. "We paid for his lawyer to ensure he doesn't try to drag Ezra in, or hurt your daughter any further. She's suffered enough."

He then looked at his son, who pulled out a heavy file. Red rook it, studied it a moment, then lay it on the table and slid it to Sean. "This is a record of every crime Colin Samuel has committed against the people on the rez, this town and her three counties, and most importantly young Miss Beckett." He opened it to the largest section, where clear pictures of bruising from a beating were on Samantha pretty young face.

Red said nothing for a long while, then turned the page, revealing photos of Colin beating Samantha. "According to his bragging, Colin had landed the prettiest girl in town, but she was too uppity and needed to be brought down. He used the peyote to ensnare her mind and soul as he had her body."

Red turned to another page where a lengthy transcript went through Colin's brags and boasts. "He at least seemed to think that you would accept him and make him the Prince of Wilimington, his words, and he could do what he wanted." Red took in a breath. "Like you do with Marcia."

Thomas leaded forward holding up a hand. "We know you are loyal to your wife. We almost wish you weren't. But you are. And a good father. Ezra refuses to speak about this, as he promised your daughter he would not, but he did confirm our belief that Samantha hid it from you because she was ashamed she had let herself be so ensnared, and she likely thought she loved Colin. That is between you and your daughter."

He gestured at the file. "This is no judgement. Despite everything that has happened to her, Samantha is a sweet, lovely, and kind young lady. A tribute to your family. We offer this to explain why we did not come to you. None of that is admissible. It's hearsay. Or on federal land. Or illegally obtained initially. Such as the pictures. They were taken by one of our local sex offenders, who was near the school as he shouldn't be when he took those. But he and others came to us with their knowledge and their fears. And we give them to you."

Red nodded. "No pricetag. No catch. A little girl isn't a place to score points. We simply wish to help Samantha. Take the file. Burn it, store it, do anything you want with it. If there is anything we can do to help please let us know."

Thomas stood and offered his hand to his enemy, ensuring Sean could see it was empty. "A father to a father I hope you won't need anything from us."

Red watched them both. He was certain Sean would have questions and concerns. SAMOK was protected. None of the evidence had been coerced or forced out, or even paid for. People Sean could trust could and would account for every moment of Ezra's life since he and Samantha had first 'met' again in the library, and every one of them could categorically state that Ezra had never laid a hand of intent on the girl, and certainly showed no carnal interest.

Red did speak into the silence. "As for Colin we only ask that you build the case first. Right now you don't have anything you can really use. He's a minor, again you can't legally prove what he did to your daughter, and arresting him now would be career and case suicide. Let him push on for a while. Until he fucks up big. Then crush him."

Red was well aware of the two witnesses. They might confirm the accusations against Colin, but the DA would never take them as evidence for a trial, not against the Samuel family who were nearly as rich, powerful, and well known as the Becketts and Willowfoots. The file in Sean's hands was useless legally. Red was also very very very careful not to mention the club, or it's business or it's hand in any of this.

SAMOK was omnipresent in the chapel, and seemed a living presence at the meeting, but officially had no part in any of it. And both men had made sure to guard Ezra just as carefully.

Entering the Sons chapel gave Sean an eerie feeling. When Red and Thomas Willowfoot showed the second eldest Beckett the file they kept of his daughter. Many things manifested in his mind, a tornado of anger hurling itself towards Colin Samuel. The boy who thought it had been alright to put his hands on Samantha. Hurting her without thought.

Sean closed the file slowly, his eyes meeting the older man sitting at the head on the deeply carved table. "Thank you for the information..." it hurt him to know that Samantha was suffering and the Willowfoot's said nothing. Like always they did what benefited them. Their crown Prince's name ha been called, so they came.out guns blazing. Revealing the abuse Colin Samuel inflicted on Samantha Beckett. Sean felt disgusted, but kept those thoughts too himself. True to his word, he had been grateful to them for telling him. Yet Sean couldn't help but wonder how long they would have kept it hidden, holding it as their trump card. The way Sean Beckett saw the situation, the Willowfoot's may as well have beaten his daughter and with their own hands.

"How I handle things from here is my business..." His eyes met Red Willowfoot "I won't involve SAMOK..." Sean's gaze travelled to Thomas "It won't ever involve your son either...you have my word" Sean Beckett had been true to his word in such aspects. Samantha was not dead, and he would make certain she never suffered by anyone's hands.

Sean stood from his seat, tall and rigid "Enjoy the rest of your day gentlemen" He got in his car, buckled up and drove away from the Willowfoot compound. His body numb from shock.

~~~ ~~~ ~~~

Marcia Beckett gasped, small dainty hands covering her mouth in disbelief. "How?" The woman's eyes watered at the pictures her husband laid on the bed in front of her. It could not be true, not her precious Samantha.

"How could our daughter be in this state..." Marcia flung a picture at Sean "And we didn't even know!"

"It's my fault Marcia"

"This isn't your fault....it's our fault" The woman collapse onto the bed, unable to stand any longer. "We need to make it right Sean" Her teary eyes stared at her husband.

"I will, I'll deal with it."

Marcia nodded "How?"

Sean remained silent, deep within his thoughts. "Samantha needs to leave...." His face turned grin "She needs to leave Wilmington."

"And go where Sean? "

"Anywhere but here"

"She's sixteen! you can't just send her away"

"I'm not keeping her here if that's what you want. Samantha should have known better, especially as a Beckett. Not foolish enough to let herself be caught up in this dipshit Colin, being abused, doing drugs and God knows what else." Sean took a deep breath, calming himself. Forcing himself not to let Marcia know of the Willowfoots involvement. Not wanting to ruin her relationship with Fauna.

"Well the friend that gave you this should have knocked Colin Samuel out and drag him by his fingers to the police station. Samantha is a victim Sean...she's a scared sixteen year old girl who was abused and almost died of an overdose." Marcia glared at him "Sending her away will not change what's hurting her on the inside, and none of us know the truth. The best solution right now is to arrest that son of a Bitch and help your daughter"

Sean clenched his fist, storming across the master bedroom to the door "I'm sending Samantha away till she graduates....and that's final"

Marcia jumped when her husband slammed the door, his anger lingering in her presence much longer.

Colin's parents sent him out of the country after Samantha's father left a picture on the doorstep of their son beating his daughter. The Samuel's not having any clue as to who left the picture or why, flew their son out after he confessed to them. Despite having money, the wrath of the Beckett's were not something they wanted to face. Especially with Henry Beckett setting up permanent residence in the second Beckett home in Wilmington suburbs. His children fully integrated into Wilmington high school, suddenly gaining his brother's fully trust.

Sean Beckett, true to his word had been organising to send Samantha away from Wilmington. Neither of her parents brought up the abuse with her even though they both knew. Samantha spent a month away from school after the incident, no one allowed to see her except Tiffany. Today she roamed the halls of Wilmington high one last time, a sad smile on her face. She made her way to the empty ballet room, laying her knapsack on the ground, taking off her boots.

Samantha glided across the wooden floor in her black socks. Sundress spinning in graceful movements as she danced to the music in her head. Twirling and extending her legs like the swan she was. The art ballet encompassing her, with closed eyes and an open mind, the young Beckett girl lost herself in the last dance at Wilmington high.

Colin did not escape unscathed. When his parents left him at the jetway and turned the corner of the walkway he started for the plane, but suddenly fa hand clapped over his mouth.

"Always knew you were a coward."

He was flung into the wall where his hair was yanked back and a crushing knee was driven into his gut, snapping him around the neck as if he would break in two. A series of drilling elbow blows to his kidneys prevented him from catching any air. Then he was thrown head long into the opposite wall, making his still tender brain and concussion clamor with pain. He collapsed and was left in a heap.

Just as he began to fade out the voice spoke again. "Never come back. Or you and your family die."

Colin was left there until two paid EMTs boarded the jetway, scooped him up and took him to his seat. They surreptitiously hung iv, blood, and treated him, allowing him to arrive alive, never to return."

-------------------------

Ezra sent Samantha several books, and her brothers a number of toys, though anonymously, and made sure Tiffany received similar gifts.

He also sent both girls flowers, though nearly everyone in town sent Tiffany did, and everyone who knew about Samantha sent her more daily.

During this period Ezra had had to focus even more on his upcoming fight. The football team was still undefeated, and the basketball team looked even better without Colin and his showboating. By the end of the month he had developed such a popularity and chemistry with his teammates, that all three, and most of the other teams, as well as many other citizens, crowded onto the lonely field where the caged in ring waited, the large canvas tent stretching over the lot of them, even on the six row high seating. The ring was in the lowest part of the field, what once had been a pond, allowing everyone to ascend the hills surrounding it, creating a makeshift arena.

The rules were rather simple. No maiming or lethal attacks or moves, no biting or attacks to the groin or other soft tissues such as eyes, and at no time could the padded gloves be removed.

Oliver of course was the highest seed, and everyone was eager to see him, and until he arrived, no one had realized who Ezra was, but everyone, except the club and his of age friends, were betting heavily against him.

The first four fights went, quickly, especially Oliver's. The monster grabbed his opponent and body threw him over the cage wall into the crowd. Everyone, except those backing Ezra, put even more money on Oliver to win it all, while Ezra, stripped to his shorts and gloves only, his hair tied back, walked up the steps onto the apron, then into the cage. He squatted in his circle, the blue one like his gloves, and waited while his stats were called out. They were sparse but the crowd seemed impressed.

Until his opponent came out. His opponent was seven years older than the sixteen year old, six inches taller, within a foot more reach, and outweighed him by a whopping two hundred and fifteen pounds. The monster ducked in and leaned against the cage, making it groan. The ref called them forward and gave his instructions. The two touched gloves and waited, one hulking and menacing against the cage, while the younger man once again squatted and waited.

The bell rang and the hulking brute lunged forward, while Ezra kicked off the floor and the wall, and leapt into the air, snapping his right knee up and driving it into his opponent's face, then vaulting over the fellow, landing with a spry bounce his fists raised defensively.

The ref and crowd stared in awe, then the ref went to the man and started to count, then seeing the man's blank stare and glazed eyes he instead waved the fight over.

Now the crowd went wild, thinking Ezra either wildly talented, or just as lucky, and unsure where to fall, they continued to bet on Oliver, but here and there more money fell on Ezra.

Oliver won back all of his support seven fights later when he entered the ring to find a man two feet shorter than him, but thickly built and weighing more than 500 pounds, and once the bell rang he brought his right leg up and caught the shorter man with such a brutal roundhouse kick, the man's teeth were found six rows away, ending the fight almost instantly in knockout.

Seven more fights later, as for some reason the tournament started low and went high in the brackets, Ezra was back in the ring. This time he faced a rather short but extremely fit dark skinned fellow with a number of poorly designed prison tattoos. The man began to brag even as he started for the ring, and did not stop until Ezra walked up to him once the bell sounded, stepped on his middle, then his face, kicking him back into the cage while flipping back to land on his feet in time to catch the rushing back fellow reached him. Ezra drove both of his fists into the man's sides, cracking the the ribs, then brought up his right elbow into the man's chin sending him up and down onto the mat, where he struggled to move, then collapsed, ending the fight.

This process went back and forth. Oliver and Ezra both finished their fights as quickly as possibly, upping their support, and the bets laid on them, and proving to everyone just how impressive they were. Oliver agile and quick despite his size, Ezra possessed of an acrobatic agility and style of move, yet also immense striking and kicking power. Neither of them exhibited much in the way of technique or knowledge of the arts of combat, but their athleticism was undeniable.

Oliver dropped his opponent in the final four with a broken leg, while Ezra drop kicked his opponent through the cage door and out of the ring. Now both men were given thirty minutes to rest as the fan service began. The ring filled with girls in skimpy bikinis dancing and playing around, supposedly wrestling or fighting in their own tournament but truly just serving as a buffer and an enticement to the fans. Ezra took the time to sleep, letting his body relax and heal, while Oliver went and pumped iron, jacking himself up as his trainers injected more and more enhancements into him.

When the insanity of the girly show ended, the presenters made a big deal, playing music with a big light show and showing off a rather ugly belt supposedly made of gold, shaped like the state of Oklahoma. And out came Oliver, wearing four others exactly like it one atop each other, while he held five others on his arms, prancing around and showing off. Finally Ezra was called, and he entered, looking small and plain without any decorations. Oliver began to boast and taunt the younger man as the announcement went on and on. Ezra studied the large man for a long while, then marched over. "Make ya a bet big boy. Bet you fifty large against all your belts that i can take you."

Oliver smirked. "Fifty thousand? Like you?"

"I'm good for it. Come on. you scared to take the bet?"

"Fuck you little man."

Ezra grinned. "So is that a bet?"

"Sure thing kid. but when I crush you don't welsh. Or try to skip out on paying up."

Ezra smirked and went back to his corner squatting in place again, waiting silently until the announcer shut up and left the ring, the lights coming up shining bright on the ring. The announcer resumed talking as the belts were removed and fastened on the wall behind Oliver, while the current one rose high over the ring casting a shadow on the ring. The announcer finally finished his speech and fell silent, as the bell rang. Oliver did not rush the smaller man, having seen how he reacted to that, as Ezra had seen the bigger man, and the two began to circle each other. For a full three minutes. Nothing happened. Some small quick jabs were thrown but easily blocked or deflected. The crowd were beginning to call out when Oliver flung his right leg out at Ezra's head, then snapping the floor back and down to drive it at Ezra's chest. But Ezra wasn't there.

He spun away from the kick, as he dropped, letting his spin turn his movement into a sweep kick, knocking Oliver's standing leg free, while Ezra spun free, kicked off the cage and landed across Oliver, driving his elbows into the man's chest and stomach, then his knees into his side and shoulder while he clamped a hold about the larger man's left arm and neck, trapping both as he drove off his knees and feet, forcing his knees under Oliver and forcing him to twist in Ezra's grip. Once Oliver was on his side, Ezra shot his legs forward and wrapped them around Oliver's right arm, yanking it back as he wrenched the man's head, while Oliver's own left arm protected Ezra's head and his weight and size prevented him from escaping or pulling free.

Oliver began to wrench himself about, trying to brute force his way free, unknowingly bend his own arm around the wrong way, until with a lurch then a scream, his right arm popped loudly, then cracked twice as loudly, hanging wrong at the shoulder, and bending the wrong way.

Ezra did not release the hold until the man tapped, then he went to the belts, collected all nine, grabbed the tenth as it was lowered, and walked out of the ring ignoring the shocked cries, his blubbering opponent and trainers, and even the cheering crowd.

He learned that his grandfather and the club had managed to make nearly 750 thousand dollars, especially on all the betting against Ezra. He was now cleared with his grandfather, and had a tidy cut in his account, and had already proven himself an exceptional earner for the club.

-----------------

The next day he had gone down to the school to see the doctors and get checked out, though he had not been touched. They cleared him and after a shower he went toward his locker, only to see Samantha, walking down the halls. He started to withdraw then sighed.

He followed her to the ballet room then watched her for a long while before speaking. "Good to see you Ms. Beckett. been a while. Glad you recovered."

Samantha stopped halfway through her dance, a familiar voice pulling her from the blissful trance of ballet. It been over a month since she had last laid eyes on him, or even heard his voice. The day her hands collided with his face had been the day their unspoken friendship came to an end. There was a part of her that wanted to see Ezra again, so Samantha Beckett turned around. Coming face to face with the person who played a part in saving her life.

"I was bound to make a full recovery sooner or later I guess" her voice was soft, slightly hesitant. "Thanks for your concern Mr Willowfoot" The blonde made her way to the bag, sitting on a nearby chair to slip on her boots.

Samantha stood up, slinging her pink purse over her shoulder, walking in Ezra's discretion. His lean frame blocking part of the doorway. "Tell your sisters goodbye for me" she smiled slightly, slipping past Wilmington's all American boy.

Ezra shifted aside blocking her path, his hand gently raising to block her from wriggling by him. "Samantha...I'm sorry for being a jerk."

He turned his hand holding it out to her. "Truce? I'm willing to let bygones be bygones. And yes I will tell the girls goodbye. They wish you weren't going away." He looked ready to say more, but he held it back, swallowing the words.

He was even more darkly tanned now, and much fitter than ever before, and had grown a full inch in the intervening mouth, and the trimming down made him even taller, yet somehow also wider.

He studied her for a long while, his blue eyes bright as the sky for the moment. He smiled. "You know you haven't looked that free in a long time. It's good to see. I hope you can stay free and happy. Good luck out there."

Her eyes followed Ezra's movements Oh great! just what we need, another confrontation, she thought. When Ezra raised his hands Samantha backed down, her inferior brown eyes meeting his superior blue orbs. The words that proceeded, not what the junkie blonde had been expecting. An apology.

Samantha took a moment to process the situation, her gaze falling from Ezra's face to his extended hand. The symbol of their truce, the start of a new friendship. One that would stand against it all, leading them into an unknown future. Her hand extending, grasping his. Porcelain skin, as clear as the clouds above. Caressing the dark wood of strong tree trunks. The symbolic nature of the of opposites in the same realm. Both co existing separately, yet desperately wanting to intertwine with each other.

"Truce..." Samantha said softly, shaking the boy's hand. "I'm sorry for slapping you..." a blush crept onto her face, reddening her hair skin.

Her eyes briefly marveled in his newfound form. Remembering the whisperings of his victories on and off the field. Samantha's blush deepened at the mention of her relaxed demeanor " I hope so too. No more boyfriends for me" she said in serious tone. " Wherever I'm headed now, I'll fix myself. For my parents and my brothers...for me." Samantha smiled at Ezra "Good luck to you too..and try dating in your senior year...bye.. " With a sad smile she slipped passed him. Heading down the long hallway. Sad at the feeling of missing the senior dances, home coming and many other events that she looked forward too. The memories that she wanted in her last years.

He smiled and nodded. He started to let her go, then called after her.

"When you get where you are going give me a call. I'd like to come see you. bring the girls as well."

He chuckled at the thought, then considering her reaction he was struck with inspiration."

"Hey...if you haven't come home by then I'll ask now. Wanna go to the senior prom with me Samantha?"

He held up his hands before she could react. "A girl deserves to go to the prom with her friends and with me you wouldn't have to worry about me trying to get in your pants or anything. Just having a good time. Just think about it."

Samantha glanced back at Ezra with a grin "You can't bring your sisters where I'm goin" her uncle Jason had a reputation. The bad boy Beckett, leather jacket wearing and motorcycle riding Casanova. "I still have the card..." The neatly engraved card with the willow tree carved into its body.

Samantha turned back to continue on her way when he called after her again. This time the blonde spun around in bewilderment. When Ezra explained himself Samantha's eye's dropped to the floor, a sense of relief washing over her.

"Think about it" she mumbled, shifting her feet nervously. Samantha raised her head, and with a shrug of her shoulders she replied in a typical Samantha fashion "I don't have anything to wear..." after a few seconds of pouting she grinned "I'll think about it"

A loud horn blared out in the parking lot, Samantha's eyes widening in the process. "Goodbye Ezra!" She waved, running down the halls. Her blonde hair bellowing behind.

He smiled and nodded. "You do that."

"Bye Samantha."

He followed her out to the parking lot, curious just what had made that noise. He stayed inside the school itself, just inside the lobby, not joining the crowd that had gathered to see her off. This was their time. He had not been expected, and doubted he would be welcomed. He leaned against a pillar watching through the new glass doors, wondering what had triggered that violent reaction at his suggestion.

He ran a thumb along his jaw, going over the options in his mind, then shrugged deciding not to worry about it.

Or the pack of girls who had gathered to watch him, giggling in the hall and irritating him greatly.

The loud noise had been Marcia is Beckett honking for her lost daughter. They were carded to be on the way to Arkansas twenty minutes ago. Only stopping at Wilmington High for Samantha to collect the things in her locker. Giving her the opportunity to say goodbye to her friends. Most of the students gathered outside when word got around of Samantha's departure. Physical proof of Samantha Beckett's popularity.

Not exactly what Marcia had been expecting, preferring that a big spectacle not be made out of the situation. Spectacles raised questions, and certain things the town need not know when it concerned the Beckett's. It was human nature to crave privacy. Assumptions were welcomed, facts however, painted an entirely different image. An image the Beckett's hoped to protect their daughter from.

Samantha entered the truck, flashing the woman who birthed her an apologetic smile "Sorry"

Marcia shifted her truck into first gear " Did you tell the entire school?"

"No, but word got around"

"The usual.."She glanced at her daughter sitting solemnly in the passenger seat. "Did you see him?" Marcia whispered, maneuvering her vehicle onto Main Street.

"See who?"

"Ezra..."

Samantha frowned slightly "Jeez mum...you're like a witch"

Marcia laughed heartily "If only...The things I would do" Especially to your uncle Henry, she thought.

"You'd spy on dad for sure"

Marcia took offense "For good reason!" She reached over flicking her daughter's nose "When you find yourself with genuine feelings you'll see. If you're anything like me..."

"I'll be possessive..." Samantha finished "Dad told me"

Marcia mumbled, pulling on to the freeway. Wilmington slipping further and further away. Marcia alone making the trip with Samantha, her husband and sons staying back to hold down the fort. Sean needing to fulfill his responsibilities as deputy, keeping Wilmington relatively safe. No one knew where Samantha was headed beside Marcia, Sean and Jason Beckett.

Samantha and her mother pulled into the parking garage of a high rise apartment building in the upper city of Arkansas. Jason Beckett's apartment was located on the tenth floor. A spacious living room with two large windows overlooking the park across the street. A medium sized kitchen and two bedrooms with separate baths attached. The perfect bachelor pad for the self proclaimed bachelor.

With ease Marcia and Samantha carried two bags into the lobby, hoisting it onto the elevator. Soon, Samantha stood in front the door of the place she would call home for as long as her father deemed necessary. Before Marcia knocked, the door swung open. Jason Beckett sporting a big grin and wide arms "Come here you"

Samantha smiled, wrapping her arms around her uncle, hugging him tightly. Jason had always been the favourite uncle, he cared for Samantha just as much as Sean did. Yet he was viewed as the black sheep of the Beckett's. The one Beckett that cared not for his families past with the Willowfoot's, much less their status in Wilmington. So at the age of twenty he left, moving out to Arkansas to live life on his terms.

"Jesus!" Jason eyed his niece, holding her st the shoulder as he gave her the once over "You're not a fucking kid anymore" Marcia cleared her throat "Sorry Marsh..." Jason rubbed the back of his head like a kid who got caught in the cookie jar.

"That didn't do anything to make me feel remotely better about this" she quipped as they entered the apartment. Jason bringing Samantha's bag in from the hallway.

"Uncle Jason is best, I'll be fine....kids in school would say a lot worse"

Jason winked at Samantha, a silent thank you for defending his potty mouth. Marcia loved the guy and everything he stood for. Despite The smoking, drinking and fights he would engage in. Jason Beckett was a sweet and kind soul, a reliable person and man of his word.

During his teenage years he was different yet similar to Sean. Jason would often break rules, but still followed his father's command. As he got older the bad boy in him did as well. At the age of sixteen he met Sarah, a girl from the reservation. The only woman Jason Beckett ever loved. She was also one of the reasons he left Wilmington behind. Living life with a new woman in his bed each night. Now here he was, taking in his niece. Another Beckett that strayed too far from the family's image.

When Samantha left the two adults standing alone in the living room.Marcia's loving green eyes landed on Jason, the woman's arms wrapping around her brother in law. "Thank you for this"

"Dont mention it, you know I'd do anything for Sammy"

Marcia nodded "She's hurting even though she smiles still."

"She'll get better Marcia. Samantha is not a junkie..." Jason smiled sadly "Just a lost teen, we all had our days"

"Indeed..."

Marcia Beckett returned to Oklahoma two days after. Seeing Samantha settled in a new school and life. The Beckett's survived a week, then two without their daughter. Before they knew it time had flown Samantha was gone for three months. No more Saturday morning Market or the image of a blonde riding her bike along the road to and from school. Her absence had been noted by almost everyone old and young.

Ezra watched Samantha get in the car and shook his head. He knew everything know. And he knew that without her here he would have only three jobs.

Win his games, win his fights, and take care of his sisters. He did notice a certain rather plain grey car that followed Marcia and Samantha out of the school lot, and then all the way to Fayetteville, Arkansas. Ezra had not been told where she was going, nor had the club, but they couldn't let any Beckett vanish unknown. Fayetteville meant her uncle.

The car stayed with Marcia until she returned home, then the car returned to the Willowfoots, the club members giving their reports.

Ezra was told this as well, then instructed to get to work. And he did.

He hauled hay, feed animals, built fences, cut more wood and lumber, tended the gardens, guarded the Saturday markets, and attended every pep rally, game day challenge and other school function. Alone. His buddies were always happy to have him as he was friendly and warm with them, but the girls found him even harder to speak to or reach out to now than ever before. Some tried to tie a link between this and Samantha, but it had been abundantly clear the two had never dated, and had not even been friends when she left. So it was assumed that instead it was his drive to win.

And Wilmington was winning. The baseball championship came and went and once again All-American first baseman Ezra lead the district and state in defensive percentage, runs batted in, home runs, and outs made, as well as several other stats, even breaking the state home run and put-outs records. Football also came and went, and Ezra was just as stellar there, breaking six separate defensive records, including sacks and tackles, and being named both an All-American, and Oklahoma player of the year. And basketball was looking the same. The team was undefeated, and had already beaten the five best teams in the state, while their district fellows were literally terrified at the very idea of playing them and their once again All-American shooting forward Ezra Willowfoot. He was not truly tall enough to play forward, but he was stronger than any other player, could jump higher, and had a animal cunning for defense that even other All-Americans could not face him down in the post. He even held the invited defending national champions and their record breaking scoring machine shooting guard to just ten points when Wilmington slaughtered the team.

His coaches were ecstatic, the school was going wild, and even Conklin couldn't argue with the results. Alumni support and money were pouring, though the association had specific rules for it's use. In November, a meeting was called, and Conklin was fired, then arrested for fraud, while the job was given to Nicholson, who set to with gusto.

The whole area was going wild with Wildcat fever. School attendance was at an all-time high, the school store sold out of merchandise every week, and tests scores had exploded. Parties went on every night, including official school parties every week. Ezra was seen at these, but only long enough to be noticed. He was proud of his team and their success, and thrilled with the news about attendance and test scores, which was even leaking into the rez schools as the teams gave away tons of free stuff to the rez schools. And the other school teams and sports were doing just as well, if not better. The track team was exploding with championships and medals, including three new US record holders, and one within a breath of world high school record. The tennis and golf teams were on a tear, the volleyball team had lost only one game, lacrosse, swimming, cross country and the girls basketball teams brought in even more medals, trophies, rings, and other signs of success. The cheer team was everywhere and was touted as the best and most impressive in the state, with even more medals going to those brilliant supporters.

Even the band, chess club, computer department, acting group, debate team and other clubs and groups seemed to have caught the fire. The band won best band in six separate showdowns, and they had been asked to perform a concert for the Governor. The chess club took home all honors in every tournament they attended, the computer department fielded the most impressive robotics and computing display seen in years and was called a breakthrough in the world of computer science. The acting group put on a marathon of brilliant productions which were all adored by critics and fans alike, with every performance packed with eager watchers, and glowing recommendations fell upon them like rain. The debate team was currently undefeated and was being called the most eloquent and skillful team ever seen in the state. And on and on and on.

Wilimington could do no wrong. And they only seemed to be getting stronger. Students were being scouted and recruited from colleges all over the country, and the math and science departments actually had a visit from Oxford. Letters of intent were being written, as Wimington had gained some twenty seven All-Americans, not including Ezra, in addition to their existing six. But one young man was notoriously absent from all this attention.

Ezra Willowfoot.

He was heavily scouted and recruited, but he refused all offers, save one but demanded it be kept quiet. He had agreed to go to the University of Oklahoma. To become a Sooner. On one condition that had required a visit to the young man from the President of the athletics department, the president of admissions, and the dean of students. They had come to him home to find him training in his ring, just as impressive there as he was on the field and court. They had tried to argue, but he would not back down. And they wanted him. Bad.

So it was that on a clear but chilly and windy December day, Jason Beckett was given a large envelope with the logo of the University of Oklahoma and a large picture of the Sooner mascot on the front. Within was a full four year scholarship to the University of Oklahoma for one Samantha Beckett. There was no mention of Ezra, her family, or Wilmington, nor any expectation other than that she would have to maintain an excellent grade point average and the proper decorum as a student of the University. She had her choice of programs, and the school made clear their many prestigious graduates, their powerful Alumni Association, and their numerous ties to the fields their students would enter. It was a golden ticket to her future.

Back in Wilmington, Ezra eschewed all the frivolity and play to train and work. Everything became something to make him better. Baseball had strengthened his arms and legs, as well as his running and jumping. Football his running, quickness, power, and his take down ability. Basketball running, strength, quickness, power, and timing. All of it combined with his MMA training to fashion him into an elite athlete. He had won four more tournaments since his first, and twelve different exhibition matches. The schedule was insane but he insisted and he dominated brutally and clearly, yet it was easy to find fools willing to bet against him, often at wild odds. The club gained millions of dollars from these bets, but more importantly dozens of favors and debts owed.

The stories of his achievements were numerous, and often frightening.

And on he worked. Christmas came and went. Samantha received chocolate, flowers, and a large teddy bear.

Willowfoot Farms had their biggest year in decades, and SAMOK received a dozen transfers in, six new prospects, their five previous prospects patching in fully. They were now the largest, most powerful, and richest charter the club had, and had complete control of their entire state. This progress and success lead to a visit from a coalition from the other charters, including the mother charter. The Redwood Original.

SAMOK stood strong with more than sixty members at the moment. Each of them large, powerful, and a study in strength. But even they showed nerves when SAMCRO rolled in. They were lead by the King. Clay Morrow. Then followed his VP, Piney Winston. Behind them were two young men with brand new patches on their backs. The smaller blond was clearly Jax Teller, the only son of the first King John Teller. Beside him was a monster of a man, Opie Winston. Then came Tig Trager, Bobby Munson, the Scot Chibs, as well as Big Otto Delaney, Lenny the Pimp, and other legends that had made the Sons of Anarchy in the powerhouse they were. Though small, and certainly not among the established power clubs, their cunning, will to kill and fight, and their skills made them one of the most feared in the entire world of bikers.

Every charter had sent members, even SAMBEL, and as the compound filled up, a large black van rolled in going to the house. It stopped and out came Luann Delaney and several other old ladies, then the Queen herself stepped out of the shotgun seat. Gemma Teller. Wife of JT and Clay, mother of Jax.

Ezra watched as everyone settled in place around the compound, staying in his place by the center of the compound. Today was January 7th. His birthday. Samantha's too.

He watched silently as SAMCRO rose from the bikes, as did the others, including the Nomads, and went toward Red and Thomas, embracing as Gemma joined Fauna and the other ladies on the porch of the house. Red came to Jax last, congratulating him on earning his top rocker, and offering his condolences again on JT's death. He then gave Jax the prospect cut.

Jax turned to Opie, and both of them walked toward Ezra. Any other prospect would catch hell when they hung their first reaper, but Ezra was SAMOK royalty, and even Opie doubted they could bully him. He and Ezra were of a height, but though Ezra was a year younger, he was bigger even than Opie. The three did not speak as Opie and Jax helped Ezra put on his first cut. Then they embraced. The club whooped proudly and happily as the three, the young future of the Sons of Anarchy, show their union.

While half of SAMOK, and the leadership of the other charters went into the chapel, once again Clay would push for SAMOK to join the gun trade and be voted down unanimously, Ezra lead the others over to his ring while the ladies went into the house to eat. SAMOK didn't allow wild parties as each of their members were married, and they would not have it on their land, but there were gallons of beer and liquor and tons of food, and an impromptu fight tournament began almost instantly.

After the meeting things got real interesting. Tig and Chibs had gotten into an argument on the ride to OK, and had a brutal and bloody fight that ended, as they all did, with the brothers embracing. Clay and Red went a round, Clay stunned when Red beat the hell out of him, and Old man Piney and Lenny the Pimp even threw a few punches before startling the others and spraying them with beer. Opie wound up facing the infamous Happy, and startled many when he drove Happy into the dirt, while another young SAMCRO member, Kyle, got crushed by a Tacoma member, Kozzik. Things went on this way for hours, while the watchers ate, drank, swapped stories, and showed off their bikes. McGee from SAMBEL went the round with Big Otto and got pummeled though he broke Otto's nose. SAMOK didn't lose a single fight though, and finally only one member, well potential member had not yet fought.

Jax hopped into the ring his hair tied back, his slim figure well muscled but almost scrawny due to his side. "Hey Ezra! You wanna prospect in my club you goota earn it!"

Ezra smiled and carefully peeled off his cut, then pulled on his gloves. The other charters laughed seeing this, as did Jax who was bare fisted, then they all fell silent as Ezra peeled off his shirt. He was only seventeen but he was massively muscled with trim powerful fighter's muscle. He hopped from the ground onto the apron, then easily over the ropes. Jax didn't back down, but even he was clearly nervous at the sight of the larger man.

The fight began and though Jax was quick, and strong for his size, it could not be more clear that Ezra had him outclassed. Even with Ezra wearing gloves Jax was soon bleeding heavily over and under both eyes, from his nose, and his lips. Finally Jax dropped coughing up blood and laughing as Ezra bounced, showing no sign of fatigue or pain.

Ezra scooped him up and let him down to get patched up, and took on all comers.

An hour later he was still untouched, relaxing before a fire and laughing when the others found out that he was a professional fighter and everyone wanted Red's head for the trick, though Jax, cleaned up and sitting close to his new friend, while Opie, also bleeding from his own bout with Ezra. The trio were fast and happy friends and quite enjoyed watching the old men squabble.

"So do they let up on the razzing when you patch in?"

"No. Cuz then you're the baby brother. And you may have gotten a pass because of your name and cuz you throw a helluva punch but you're still on shit detail kid. So watch yourself."

Ezra nodded.

The next morning a knock rang through Jason Beckett's apartment. It was bright and early, but the hand knocking was quite insistent.

Samantha assimilated into the Arkansas community with a little difficulty. Being away from home affected the teenager tremendously, she stuck to herself in school, attending all classes and avoiding all social events. Samantha Beckett spent her days trying desperately to find herself again. She ran around the park opposite her uncle's home everyday. Jason found a dance studio in walking distance of his home , and after many attempts at persuasion. He finally got Samantha to join.

As someone who struggled to overcome his own addiction, Jason knew the struggles. Sean Beckett refused to admit his child to rehab. Instead, he opted for the next best thing. Sure enough, little by little she began to feel like herself again. Dance allowing her an avenue for expression and a way de-stress. Unlike Wilmington where ballet had been her forte. In Arkansas Samantha learned many forms of dance, excelling at every single one. Soon she had been partnered with an African American dancer, the pair performed in small state competitions. Representing the Julia Warren dance company of Arkansas.

Due to her love and success of dance. She yearned to attend a performing arts school. When her uncle handed her the envelope from Oklahoma, for a four year scholarship. Samantha's heart felt torn, being away from Wilmington high school meant her chances diminished. Now she had the opportunity,yet the blonde felt conflicted. Then the feeling of confusing seeped in at Christmas, chocolate, flowers and a big teddy bear showing up at her uncle's apartment.

"Who the hell knows I'm here..?" She placed the flowers in a vase, displaying it on her bedroom vanity.

"I don't know...." Jason inspected the chocolates and teddy bear. "I'm of half a mind to throw these out....it could be that asshole who laid his hands on you." His fist clenched.

Samantha's heart felt uneasy at the thought of Colin "He disappeared.."

"Doesnt stop him from coming back" Jason muttered softly, not wanting her to hear.

"I want to keep them..." Samantha smiled carresing the teddy bear

"Fine.." Jason opened the chocolates, taking a few into his mouth.

"Are you testing them?"

"Your parents would kill me if someone drugs you"

Despite Jason's carefree demeanor the fact that Samantha received two packages bothered him. He stayed home a lot more, accompanying her to dance rehearsals and school.

When a loud urgent knocking came at the door, his body shifted into alert. Before Jason could make it out of his room however, Samantha had been already at the door. Swinging it open, coming face to face with the person on the next side. Her eyes staring right into theirs.

Ezra stood across from her, proud and stronger than ever, his jeans, black tshirt and leather vest speaking of a hard ride.

"Hey Samantha. Sorry for not calling. But neither did you. You look good."

He handed her a bouquet of red, pink, white, and yellow roses, a wrapped present, a cheerleader's uniform. "The ladies miss you. Wanted you to know how much and that they did well. My sister's too."

He looked at Jason. "Mr. Beckett hello. Good to see you." He tossed Jason a flat box. "From a mutual friend."

He turned back to Samantha. "Could I take you for a walk Miss Beckett?"

Samantha Beckett stood absolutely stunned as she stared back at the tall lean boy in front of her. The last person she was expecting to see. Her eyes travelled from the flowers and gifts to Ezra Willow foot a few times before the numb blonde snapped out of her trance at the sound of her uncle's voice.

"Who's this Sam?"

She turned, glancing at her uncle, her voice as soft as ever "Ezra....Willowfoot"

Jason nodded slowly, laying the flat box on a nearby table. Ezra had been just a young boy when Jason left Wilmington, not he seemed like a man and not a teenager.

Samantha smiled slightly stepping aside, allowing Ezra to enter the apartment. "Let me just...throw something on" her attire not quite appropriate for walking outside. The jeans shorts and tank top, showing every curve she possessed.

While Samantha fixed the roses, put away her things and got dressed. Jason approached the Indian whom his family held beef with for generations. "I'm not one for bull shit so I'll cut to the chase....what are you doing here?" His eyes narrowed. "Samane never mentioned you were friends...in fact the only person she calls is someone name Tiffany. I would imagine her best friend would show up on her birthday and not...you" Jason wondered if the boy was aware of the families history.

Ezra laughed. "I asked Tiffany but she's been dragged off for a big cheer competition. That's why I brought the cheer stuff."

He shifted slightly, his posture calm but still defensive. "I don't claim to be her friend but we did say we would try. And no offense but Wilmington is her home."

He leaned against a wall. "As for who, and more importantly, what I am yes I am aware of our family's history. Likely even more than you. As I have forged whole new chapters for it. I saved her life. Twice. Which is why there is currently peace between our families. Even Henry hasn't been misbehaving."

He folded his arms. "I am also one of the people who ensured that she could not find the poison she was killing herself with. I am here to check in with her. Any further questions?"

Jason sighed, a running a frustrated hand through his dark chestnut hair. Many things had happened back in Wilmington and the youngest Beckett felt like he had let them all down by not being there. He could not argue with the boy, or fault him for his tone of voice. "She's doing better now. Dance is keeping her grounded, plans for university and what not." Jason's eye did not miss the parchment Ezra Willowfoot wore. Nor did the thirty-six year old man miss the way he spoke about his niece. At seventeen Jason Beckett had been secretly seeing Sarah Elderberry. The young lovers meeting in the forest, in the old wood cabin.

When Samantha appeared from her bedroom, wearing a red fitted sundress and white sneakers. Jason wondered if history had been repeating itself with Samantha and Ezra. The man said nothing as his niece smiled and waved at him as they left.

Samantha pressed the elevator, trying her long blonde hair into a messy bun. The elevator chimed, doors opening. Presenting the two with an empty space. Silently she entered, pressing the ground floor. Her eyes travelling to the numbers that appeared on the small screen as they descended. Her fingers fiddled with the hem of her dress, in an attempt to calm herself. "I'm sorry for not calling..." She whispered, glancing up at Ezra. Her eyes landing on his cut, knowing exactly what it meant.

He nodded. "It happens. I hear you are dancing again."

He smiled into the reflection before them. "Like I said you look great."

He gently touched her arm as he peeked outside as the elevator stopped and the door opened. He nodded. "There were these big guys moving a couch. Nearly crushed me."

He offered his arm. "We're going through the park. Keep you from getting cold." His own hair was brushed out and lay heavy but nice on his shoulders, the sweep back opening his dark skinned face.

A tingling sensation was sent soaring through her body when Ezra gently touched her arm. Relax Samantha, she thought. They both barely had time to settle their differences, their last encounter ending with him asking her to the senior prom. "Yeah I'm dancing.." She whispered

Samantha Beckett stared at Ezra Willowfoot's arm for a minute, before finally taking it. Hesitant to touch him, fearing they'd be seen. In Wilmington they were important. They were no longer in Wilmington. Ezra drove out to Arkansas, where no one knew who they were, and no one cared. Samantha interlocked her arm with Ezra's as they both exited the lobby, crossing the street to the large park on the other side.

It took a while but soon she felt at ease, like they were kids again. "So...you're joining huh?" She indicated to the leather vest. "I guess that means you aren't going to university or college"

"Actually I'm going to University of Oklahoma. They want me to play either basketball or football. both if they can get me too. happy Birthday by the way. Enjoying being 17?"

He smiled and pointed at their destination, a large indoor mall. "But yes I am joining the club. They want me to go to college too." He seemed unconcerned about the whole subject.

"So tell me something. How does it feel to be normal? Just a pretty girl who goes to school and dances. Not the crown Princess of the Beckett Clan?"

Samantha eyes widen "I got a scholarship from them too....wow...that's strange." Never in a million years would she have thought that they both would attend the same university. "Then again, I'm not sure if I'll go there...I got two offers for performing arts schools." Samantha shrugged "I'm not sure what to do. Thought being 17 would make me wiser. I don't feel a thing" she laughed.

Samantha poked Ezra's cheeks playfully "So you think I'm pretty huh" she teased. Her eyes stared ahead as she pondered his words. "I miss home...but I don't at the same time." A sighed escaped her plump pink lips. Her eyes glancing up at Ezra "Why are we going to the mall?"

"Because it's loud, big, and crowded enough for us to be just two people in the group, and to be alone and protected by the numbers." He gently squeezed her arm with his own as he lead her away from a malfunctioning fountain going a longer way toward the mall.

"Actually I think you are beautiful, even more so than your mother." He prevented her reply by leading her through a group of posing tai chi practitioners and tapping the sensei's shoulder. "I am terribly sorry but that fountain is going to end up spraying you and your people. Normally no big deal but it is January. Flu season."

The sensei nodded and bowed to Ezra and ordered his people to move, while Ezra lead Samantha on. "Well I'm not sure what Oklahoma's performing arts school is like so i won't try to convince you to go there instead. Gotta do what you feel is best for you. So you wanna be a dancer?" there was no judgement, just simple curiosity in his voice. He was utterly calm and relaxed.

He gently pushed her toward the stairs down into the mall itself, holding the doors for her as the warmth of the mall's heaters washed over them.

"Outside is so nice" Samantha mumbled walking into the mall at Ezra's command. Her body rejoiced at the warmth inside the mall, not realising just how cold she was. "I take that back...this is better" her hands ran up and down her bare arms, spreading the heat.

"And I don't want to be just a dancer. want to be a perform, I'd liks my dance to tell a story. Maybe dance on Broadway one day" Her eyes lit up like the stars in the night sky.She glanced at Ezra in his jeans, dark shirt and leather cut. He thinks I'm beautiful, she thought. Driving all this way to bring me flowers and say happy birthday.

A smile broke onto Samantha's face as she launched herself into Ezra's arms "Happy birthday!" She hugged the unsuspecting boy tightly. "If I knew you were coming I'd have gotten you something..." Samantha had no money, and was unaware of how long Ezra would be in town. Still, she racked her brain for ideas on what she could gift Ezra Willowfoot, the boy who had everything hew wanted.

Samantha walked ahead of Ezra, taking in all the sights in the windows. She had not been shopping in months, her father refusing to give any money. Fearing Samantha would purchase drugs again.

"So...how long are you here for?" The drive to Arkansas had been no joke. Samantha did not expect Ezra to return to Wilmington right away. She did want him too "I'm sure my uncle won't mind if you stay with us, you can sleep on the couch."

Back
Top Bottom