Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

He said, she said (Candira and Fish)

Candira

Singularity
SPLAT!

That was the sound of a fist full of clay beaming a student in the head. Someone was very displeased with the fact that their best friend had slept with his girlfriend. The carnage that followed was like something out of a dream. Roxxi barely managed to dodge art supplies on her way to the door. She came within an inch of her life as a knife came flying past her head. She screamed and everyone but the two made a dash for the door. She was splattered with clay, glaze, and paint when she managed to get out of her art class. Hand over her chest, she walked herself out of the art building and back to her dorm.

"Okay, maybe being an artist was more dangerous than I thought," she grumbled. A shower was definitely in order. She ran her fingers through her chocolate brown curls only to discover that she was going to have to spend some time in the bathroom. Clay and paint were taking up residence there. Groaning, she flipped of someone who pointed and laughed at her before grabbing clean stuff from her closet and her shower kit and heading straight to the bathroom.

About an hour later, she came back out, looking just as beautiful as usual her. Hair was back to shining chocolate curls that framed her face perfectly, her pretty face was free of paint and clay and had traces of make up that enhanced her natural beauty, and her sexy, curvy body was dressed in a short denim skirt and a green sweater. She wondered briefly if he would be tutoring her again today, but quickly shook that out of her head. Her next class had her newest friend and most wonderful confidante. He would get a kick out of this story.

Anna really just wanted to bury her face into a pillow. She'd just spent another day of classes with her ex, who was clearly trying to make her suffer. She left the building as quickly as possible when classes were over and now she was resting in the student grill with a smoothie. She hadn't been able to focus at all today. Her tutor really had his work cut out for him today. She would need lessons in all of the classes she'd spaced out on. The poor guy was a real trooper, and he had the patience of a saint. She would have to remember to thank him.

She brushed her strawberry blond hair over her shoulder. It was straight today, resting in a loose ponytail that tended to sneak onto her shoulder when she least expected it. She wore a very short pair of shorts that showed off her sexy legs, and a blue tank top. Her chest was beautifully endowed, though not quite fantasy esque. She smiled and bought an extra slice of cake for her tutor, figuring he'd appreciate the gesture.

Speaking of her tutor, she should get going before she was late.

(I had to make a diagram to try and keep it all straight. XD So Roxxi is the friend of the tutor that has a crush on the tutor, correct? And Anna is the girl the tutor is in love with. I think I got it.)

Xavier sat in his normal seat in the philosophy class, waiting impatiently for Roxxi to arrive. He had sat his things on the seat next to him to save a spot for her, fending off anyone that might want to plop down next to him. And who would blame them? Xavier was a great looking guy with short brown hair and intoxicating green eyes. He, as many, wore a simple t-shirt and normal-fitting jeans to the class, and was overall a pretty above average, average guy. He was fair height for his age and gender with a standard build. His day had been long but he always looked forward to philosophy because he would get to meet up with Roxxi.

Images of her popped into his head along with her sweet name, and he began to wonder what it was that she was wearing today. Over time he had been slowly getting closer to her and thought maybe he was cracking her from her bizarre crush on Matthew, yet internally feared that it wasn't working. The door opened and there she was, a smile spreading across his lips.

Matthew sat at the normal meeting spot for he and his "student" (as they liked to joke), Anna. Oh, Anna... He began to picture her strawberry blond hair, her great chest... sexy legs... He shook the images from his head. It would be most embarrassing to be caught thinking about dirty things in such a public place. He was resting in one of the many resting areas throughout the school, littered with chairs, couches and... loveseats, sitting in the latter.

He had all of his books ready and drew a pencil from behind his ear, then adjusted his glasses. Matthew was more of the "booky" type in looks and mannerisms. He was a little less assertive, he was generally shy at first and quiet, yet underneath it all he was a very different and open person. He liked to help people so he had become a tutor, and his first assignment had been this hot piece of work, Anna. Over time they had gotten to know each other and Matt had begun to fall for her pretty hard. They had similar interests, they liked the same music... When he saw her his eyes began to water. He was just having trouble getting through to her.

Matthew was a very tall young man, standing at over six feet with a lean build, yet not disgustingly skinny, longer, blond hair and blue eyes. He had a very deep voice and very warm hands.

((You got it! ^^ Good job!))

Roxxi's face immediately lit up when she saw Xavier. "Hey!" she smiled and came to sit by him. He was such a nice guy, as evidenced by the way he always listened to her and gave her hugs when they were requested. And he always seemed to be available when she really needed him. In return, she tried to do the same for him. She took her bag off of her shoulder and asked if she could move his stuff to sit next to him, knowing the answer would probably be yes. "Oh my gosh, I have to tell you what happened in my art class today," she said, her eyes lit with excitement to be able to share her near-death experience.

Anna smiled as she saw Matt waiting in their usual spot. She admired how reliable he was. "Hi there," she said, a small box in her hand. "I wanted to bring you something for being so patient with me all the time. I hope you like cake," she said, handing it too him, brushing some hair over her shoulder again. "You won't have to work nearly as hard next semester. I'll be able to focus better."

Xavier felt warmth in his chest as Roxxi came and sat down next to him. He moved his things upon request and listened as she told about the crazy art students. "Haha, I thought art people were supposed to be the most laid back of all." He smiled. "You alright, though? I can't tell that you were covered in anything." He said, running a hand through her curls as if he were searching for clay or paint, the scent of shower-cleanliness fresh on her body swept over his being.

Matthew was delighted. "Aw, thanks." He said, smiling, thinking that if they were together it would be an opportune moment to kiss her. "So thoughtful." He opened the box and took a bite out of the cake as she spoke to him and sat down, getting her things ready. "I understand." He said after swallowing a few bites. "It's always hard when there's someone on your mind.." He smiled, wondering if she got the subtle hint, then worrying that it sounded like an innuendo. "So just don't sweat it. I'm here to help you through your classes and your relationship woes."

(Yay!)

Roxxi smiled as he ran his hand through her hair and blushed a little. "I'm okay. I hopped in the shower. You should have seen me before then. I'm gonna have to do laundry tonight, but I'll get over it. It was the knife that flew past my head that really got my heart to stop. I'm better now though." Count on Xavier to ask if she was okay after he got done laughing. But he did it in a way that didn't make her feel bad for telling him what she'd been through--not like Matthew did. Then again, he was just worried about her. "So what about you?" she asked.

Anna smiled, glad that he was happy with his present. "Thanks. You're a sweet guy, Matt. I really appreciate all your help. Hey, before we start...if you were me, how would you get over someone like my ex?"

He saw the blush on her cheeks and smirked inwardly. His thoughts danced of her in the shower, cleaning the muck off of her body... But he couldn't let himself stay in that daydream for long. "Yeah. Want me to kick those guys' asses for you?" He asked, flexing and suggesting it as a joke.

He sighed and rolled his eyes. "Oh you know, my life is eventful as always." He said, laughing. "Not too much going on here, really." He wondered if she was thinking about Matthew.

Matt smiled back at her, hoping there wasn't traces of cake crumbles on his face. "Thanks." He said, blushing a little bit, his eyes looking down and into the cakebox due to embarrassment from a simple compliment. "It's no problem..." He said softly. He took another bite of cake before answering her question, thinking of how to say it without sounding creepy or trying to be her rebound.

"Uh... Well I've found it's difficult to get over exes." He said, wiping his lips with the napkin. "Relationships are pretty much time multiplied by effort, and when you lose the relationship you have a lot of both free time and a lot of effort with nowhere to go. A lot of people pick up new hobbies." He said, taking another bite and swallowing it quickly, sure not to talk with his mouth full. "But I've found it's easiest to find someone new." He said, looking up at her from over his glasses for a moment.

"Aww, the scary thing is that I think you actually might if I asked you to," she teased. She noticed he seemed a little less enthused than before when he started to talk about his day, and she wondered if he was unhappy about something. She scooted her desk a little closer to him and put her hand on his. "Hmm, kinda dull on your end huh? As long as you're not sad or anything. Tell you what, the student center is hosting a concert tonight. Why don't we meet up there?"

It wasn't the first time Roxxi suggested that the two of them get together, but it was one of the first she hadn't mentioned Matthew in prior conversation. It seemed promising. She wondered if he would be there as an after thought, but brought her focus back to Xavier, knowing that she really needed to get over the guy that didn't want anything but friendship from her.

Anna nodded as she listened, watching him eat his cake. She caught herself staring, however, and she wondered if she'd made him uncomfortable since he didn't seem to want to meet her eyes. Still, what he said made sense. "Hmm, I guess you're right. Maybe I should do more of the fun stuff on campus," she said softly. "Do you know of anything fun happening?" Leave it to her to alienate the one guy she didn't hate at the moment...At least he had cake to comfort him. She opened her book and notebooks to the right pages and pulled out her pen.

He laughed. If she wanted him to, Xavier knew he probably would. It almost seemed sad, but at the same time, he couldn't see it from that perspective. He wanted to protect her. If that knife had... He shook the image from his head, only to be surprised by her hand on his. A light gasp escaped his lips as his eyes fell upon their hands, and he looked up and into her eyes. "Sure, yeah!" He said, smiling. "That sounds great." Maybe this was Roxxi getting closer to him... Xavier began to wonder if he would be there.

He could feel her eyes burning into his body as he shyly ate the cake, trying not to squirm or bring any more attention upon himself. He looked up to her gaze, only to flinch and look back down. He finished the slice of cake and looked down into the empty box, realizing his escape from her sight was gone. He dried his lips with the napkin and put the box on the table in front of them. "Well, I think there is a concert tonight..." He said, grabbing his books and pen as well.

Roxxi's smile brightened a bit. "Good. I'll see you there then. Where do you want to meet?" she asked, as the professor came through the door and set her things down. Roxxi couldn't help but think that this was the perfect time to get away from Matt for a little bit--at least this way she wouldn't have to hear about Anna 24/7--and she could get to know Xavier better. Who knew? Maybe she'd finally see some sense and stop caring so much about Matt. It was pretty obvious that he didn't want her. Xavier, however, had been a rock through all of this, and she'd come to count on him. She wanted to know him better so he could count on her.

Anna tilted her head to the side as he mentioned the concert. "I haven't been to a concert in such a long time. What kind of music is it?" she asked, hoping to glean some more information from him.

Xavier smiled back. For the first time, Roxxi seemed generally interested in him. "Uh, I could meet you at your dorm room and we could walk together if you want, I don't know." He laughed, thinking about the concert in a million different ways. He couldn't believe they were really going to go together. Matt was getting pushed out of the picture.

_____

"Uh, you know, I'm not positive, but I think they're like a rock group, semi-local to the area, but not the same kind of crap that plays on the radio every day, you know?" He said more than asked. "I was kind of thinking of going, but I don't know." His eyes shifted from under his glasses to Anna.

"Sure. You can meet me there if you want. Just call me before you come up," she said, squeezing his hand before she let go. She was excited to be going to the concert with a new friend instead of Matt for a change. She would be clear to have fun for the first time in awhile. She would be sure to hang around with Xavier and give him space when appropriate. Her excitement, however, was soon dissipated by the philosophy teacher who had begun her lecture already.

Anna was delighted with the information she received about the concert. "That sounds like fun. Would you mind if I tag along? My friends all go to the community college, so they're studying for their midterms already. I don't want to go by myself....but I understand if you don't want me to tag along." She hoped she hadn't put too much pressure on him, but she really needed something to lift her spirits after Jeff left her. Ugh, who dates a guy named Jeff? She shivered and frowned as she thought of him again, and found that of the few men she could trust, Matt was the one she most wanted to be around as of late.

Xavier retreived his sweaty hand by dragging it along the table, his face turning red as it made a bit of a squeaky noise, audible mainly only to him and Roxxi, but still embarrassing nonetheless. "Alright." He said, smiling. His heart was pounding in his chest.

Xavier found that he couldn't really focus on the lecture, though. He was too busy thinking about what Roxxi would be wearing... what she would say... if she liked him, what her lips tasted like. He tried to clear his mind but found it impossible. The class ended eventually and as the two bid their separate ways Xavier began to get ready for their "date." He went to his dorm and took a nice, refreshing shower, shaved and put on a different t-shirt and jeans. He groomed his hair and just to be safe, shaved his nether-regions. As he checked his watch he saw that the time was coming and he headed out the door to go to Roxxi's room, daydreaming about the night as the dusk began to set.

_______

Matt coughed and blushed a bit, turning his head to hide both things as she asked to "tag along." He smiled and faced her again. "S-sure!" He said, his blue eyes gazing into hers for a moment. "That would be fun for me." As the words escaped his lips he internally scolded himself for sounding so idiotic. "Would you like to meet there or where would you like to meet?" He asked, doodling in his notebook to calm his excitement.

Roxxi took notes dutifully, but she was relieved when class was over. She waved good bye to Xavier as she headed off to her dorm. She was glad that philosophy was her last class of the day. It was always nice to end things on a good note with him. She practically skipped back to her dorm room and smiled as she got ready to go. She decided that her skirt was probably a bad idea, despite it's cuteness. She wondered briefly what he'd be wearing and shrugged. Skirts were bad ideas in crowds.

She pulled on a pair of dark jeans and a low cut, three-quarter sleeve shirt that was just the right color. She looked even better like this, in her opinion. She pulled on a pair of nice shoes and smiled softly at her reflection. She spritzed on a little more perfume and combed out her hair, the curls still looking smooth and beautiful.

"Why don't we meet outside of the student center? We can go in together from there." She smiled and decided that today would be fun after all. She smiled at him and then put her focus into her work. The session went well when she explained her issues and asked for help, but Matt seemed a little distracted. She shrugged and decided that it must be an off day for him. When she left for the night, she went back to her dorm and showered, looking even prettier than usual after. She smiled and applied her make up, more than Roxxi wore, but still tasteful. She pulled on a white shirt and a pair of shorts. She stepped into some nice sandals and then headed off to the student center to meet Matthew.

Maybe I should have brought flowers... Xavier thought as he waited at the dorm door for Roxxi. He decided against buying them, but with the way Roxxi had been acting, maybe it would lead to a romantic night. When she opened the door he smiled, looking her up and down. She, of course, looked as beautiful as always, but he was slightly dishearted by her choice to change out of the... skirt. "Hey." He waved, smiling. "You look great!"

Matthew went home after the lesson and took two showers in a row, shaved himself and put on just a little bit of cologne. He brushed his long, dark blond hair and stepped off to the student center. Anna had said to meet there at a specific time and he checked his watch. It was okay though... she was only a few minutes late. His heart began to pound, wondering from which door she'd appear. His eye was caught by his friend's bouncing curls, and he turned to see Roxxi with Xavier. A fire built in the pit of his stomach, but he didn't know why...

"Not too bad yourself," she said with a little wink. In no time at all, she had him in a hug, glad that he was going with her. Though Roxxi let go of him pretty quickly, she wouldn't have minded staying in his arms a little longer. "Mmm, you smell good." Grabbing some cash, and her phone, Roxxi slipped it into her pocket and got her keys. "Alright. I'm ready when you are," she said with a smile. Already she was excited. She hadn't realized how much she really was attracted to him physically until now, but she was paying attention now. Before, she'd been so focused on his sweetness that she knew he was cute, but didn't really allow herself to acknowledge it. Now, she walked with him out of her room after she locked it, and then slipped an arm around his waist in a friendly gesture that invited him to do the same. "Are you excited?" she asked, looking up at him. It was because she was looking at him, that she didn't see Matt as they headed into the student center.

Anna showed up not long after the appearance of Roxxi and company and smiled when she saw Matthew. "Hey!" she called out, waving and jogging up to him. She bounced a little as she ran, but most people were able to ignore it. He looked very nice, a bit more meticulous than usual. "Sorry I'm a little late," she said. "I forgot where I put my keys," she said with a smile. "Are you ready?" she asked.

He smiled, hugging her, he felt her breasts squish against his body and closed his eyes, but before he knew it, the embrace was over. "Thanks, you smell good too." He said, taking in her intoxicating aroma, letting it sweep over him. "I'm pretty excited." He said, smiling, wrapping his arm around her waist as well. Her small... little round waist... That's when Xavier saw him.

Roxxi might have missed seeing him, but Xavier most definitely did not. His eyes met Matthew's in a cold stare and Xavier tightened his grip around Roxxi's waist more as if claiming his territory. They walked past the student center and Xavier graciously paid for the tickets. Maybe he should have brought flowers...

_____

Matt turned and saw Anna coming and smiled. Why do I feel... jealous? He tried to shake the thought which became easier as he watched Anna bouncing down toward him. He watched as her eyes looked him up and down and tried to keep cool. "No sweat." He smiled back. "Indeed I am." He held out his arm for her, actually being a bit forward for once, hoping she would take it or put something of her on him... They got to the ticket counter a good four or five couples behind Roxxi and Xavier. "You excited?" Matt asked down to Anna?

Roxxi noticed that he felt more tense now as he held her. They even seemed to walk a bit faster by the student center. Roxxi frowned, wondering what was wrong. Instead of accusing him, she hugged his waist a little tighter and smiled at him. "Hey, is everything okay?" she asked, looking into his eyes. She watched as he bought the tickets and smiled. "Aww, you didn't have to do that. Tell you what, I'll buy you a drink later." It was clear that she was focused completely on him at the moment and making him happy. She was worried about him.

Anna smiled and took his arm, happily linking up. "Are you kidding? I haven't been out on campus since I broke up with that loser. I'm thrilled. And I get such a gentleman to lead me around. Thanks for letting me come with. I hope it's not too weird."

Xavier laughed a bit and smiled, shaking his head. "Yeah, no. Everything is fine, Roxxi." he reported, looking back down at her. A warm smile spread across his face and warmed his body completely. "Thanks, I'd like that." He said, pulling her closer and leaving the ticket stand. It was best for him not to think about Matthew now. He should just focus on Roxxi-She seemed to be really focused on him. "Wanna go find our seats?" He asked, leading her along anyway.

_______

A shiver went through his body as she took his arm. He smiled, trying to remember if this Jeff character went to this school or would be here. Matt wasn't exactly a fighter, but if it came down to it, he could act like one and impress Anna? A gentlemen? He smiled stupidly. "No, I wanted to come with you." He admitted purposefully, wanting to gauge her reaction. He felt on top of the world. They got to the counter and he paid for both of them, not really a fan of the penis-holder paying for everything, but a fan of getting the girl. He saw Roxxi and Xavier walk away and focused on Anna as they began to walk to the actual venue.

"Sure." She felt better now that he seemed more relaxed. Happier too. Fortune seemed to be in her favor tonight. Not one sighting of Matt. It felt good to not be bogged down with his undying affection for Anna. The worst part of the whole situation was that she had been about to confess her feelings for him when he told her about Anna for the first time. Not wanting to stand in the way of his happiness, she'd stepped aside. Big mistake to fall for your best friend. Now she had to listen to every agonizing moment of tutoring the prettiest girls in the world. Shaking those thoughts from her head, she brought it all back to Xavier. He was being very nice to her tonight. And very cuddly. Not that she minded at all. "I'm really glad we got together for this. We don't hang out nearly enough."

Anna blushed a little as she heard him say it. "Really? Is it because I brought you cake?" she teased, nudging his shoulders with hers. She smiled and looked at him. "Did you want me to come with you after I asked? Or were you going to ask me?" To be honest, she wasn't sure which she would prefer. The former implied that he just wanted to be her friend, and the latter implied that he might have wanted more. On the one hand, it felt good to know that she was desirable, on the other, she would have been relieved if he just wanted to be friends. The less pressure on her the better. But for now, she just wanted to have fun. "Thanks for buying my ticket," she said with a smile. "I'll pick it up next time."

He straighened up, feeling a bit embarrassed. "Y-yeah." He said softly. "We should do this more often.." He said, checking the tickets to find their seats and leading her along the way. A few guys whooped for them and Xavier simply brushed it off. "Don't let them bother you." He said, pulling her close. His hand was on the other side of her body, and it slid up and down her side softly... He wondered what she was thinking about. Him? Or [i[him[/i]?

"Here they are." He said, sitting down in one of the seats and brushing off the one next to him. It wasn't a huge place, but enough to have cushioned seats, and he was glad, because he didn't want Roxxi to get hurt by a bunch of idiot moshers.

_________

Matt blushed as well, looking away for a moment as they walked, finding it hard to look at her face, because he knew his own was rather pink. The questions came like silk from her voice. He stammered, and tried to look back at her, his eyes meeting hers for a lock. "I-I was going to see if you wanted to come.." He said, nervously, his voice cracking slightly. "But if not that would have been okay..." He looked away again, fighting with his words. "But I wanted you to!" he said, sighing. He checked the tickets, his hand a bit sweaty, so he was glad they were just arm in arm. He scanned the aisles as they arrive to where they were seated there was...

She laughed at his embarrassment at the calls they got and squeezed herself a little tighter to him. She kissed his cheek and smiled at him. "I don't mind. Thanks for being so nice about it though," she said with a little smile. And that's when the smile got wiped off of her face and she saw that Matt was indeed at the concert and he was with her. Why it hurt her, she couldn't imagine, but it did. She took a deep breath and looked toward the stage, praying that the two of them weren't coming this way. Why did he have to be there now? Why did he have to show up when she was just starting to think she could get over him?

Anna was surprised by how nervous he was and thought it was sweet. He was the polar opposite of Jeff, and she was very happy about that. She really hoped he wouldn't be there...and then she saw Jeff in the row behind theirs. Her heart nearly stopped. She tugged on Matt's arm and shook her head. "Can we trade tickets with someone else?" she was starting to panic. "I just saw Jeff, and I would really like to not have to worry about him."

He smiled as she kissed him, surprised at her forwardness. "Y-yeah no problem.." He said, his hand gripping her side more as she warmed up against him. Xavier got into his seat and smiled as Roxxi sat down next to him. He double checked the tickets, oblivious to Roxxi's revelation of the other man in her life coming this way. The smile was still dancing across his face as he looked up to see her expression, his eyes following hers to the sight of Matt and Anna. His expression mimicked hers and they walked closer and closer...

(Hahaha, oh fuck. Shit has hit the fan.)

Matt smiled, noticing Anna taking note of how he was acting. He had never met or seen Jeff before, but knowing that he was in the vicinity had alerted Matt a bit. "Uh, sure. Let me see if anyone I know is here..." He looked and saw Roxxi again with Xavier. It hurt a bit, but this was an opening to at least talk to her and find out what the deal was between them. "Yeah, I think I see a friend over here." He brought Anna with him to their seats and waved. "Hey Roxxi." He smiled, feeling the tension in the air. It was going in four different directions and it was almost palpable.

"Uh, could we trade seats with you? Anna's ex boyfriend is a row behind us. Pretty please?" He asked, his arm somehow losing Anna's arm in the few seconds so he could make some sort of hand gesture to help convince her.

Knowing that she couldn't really afford to be a frigid bitch here, Roxxi looked up at him and smiled softly. She glanced at Anna who looked very uncomfortable herself and frowned. Well, if one of them couldn't enjoy this concert because of a man that couldn't be gotten rid of, she didn't want it to be her...but she felt for Anna and sighed. "Where are your seats?" she asked. She felt guilty for even asking, but if it wouldn't have helped to switch anyway, she could get off the hook without having to ask.

Anna could tell that Roxxi was upset about something, but, not knowing her, she assumed that it was probably because the two of them had inserted themselves on her date. She felt bad for asking the two of them to move when they already look so uncomfortable. They looked like they had been enjoying themselves before they had come closer. Why was that? Relief hit her as Roxxi asked where they were sitting and she handed over her tickets. Hopefully her date wouldn't mind.

Xavier fidgeted in his seat but decided to see where this would go. So this was Matt, huh? Why did Roxxi like him so much? He was a little nerdy punk. Xavier knew he could easily take him if he needed to. But Roxxi was giving their seats up for him. Xavier smiled and got up with her as they exchanged tickets and Matthew thanked her. He put his arm around Roxxi to show that she was with him and then walked off in the direction the two had come.

____

Matt felt terrible. He was always being put into sticky situations like this. "Thanks, Roxxi." He said, holding his arms out for a hug? But stopped, realizing how foolish it was. "Uh, they're in F16." he said, pointing to it on the ticket. Matt's eyes met Xavier's and it felt like the pressure was on. Matt had always been fond of Roxxi... but never thought she was that fond of him. Was she? He looked as they walked away, and caught her eye as she glanced back. His eyes widened and all of the little hints along the past few months came to his mind. His heart sank and he sat down.

"That's my best friend." He said, pointing in their direction as he and Roxxi sat down. I'm not too sure about the guy, though. He smiled, and put his arm around Anna, trying to get his mind off of Roxxi. "You alright?"

Roxxi felt bad for making Xavier move, but at least, their new seats were closer. She smiled at the two of them, hoping that she looked happier about it than she felt and nodded. "Sure. I hope you two enjoy the show. Have fun, Matt." That said, she made her way past him with Xavier and noted how much better she felt when his arm went around her waist. Like he hadn't abandoned her. She put her arm around his waist in return and headed off with him without another word, trying not to look at Matt as they passed. She'd done her very best to get things back to normal between the two of them, but so long as he liked Anna and continued to rub it in her face, she knew that their friendship was in trouble. So she walked away.

Once they were in their new seats, Roxxi kissed Xavier's cheek again. "I'm really sorry," she said. "I hope that was okay. Thank you for being so nice about it, even if you're mad at me. I know I talk about Matt a lot, and I know he's not exactly your favorite person...but I don't know Anna very well, and it's not fair to hate her too, and...." she trailed off and looked down. "I'm sorry if I ruined this for you. I understand if you want to leave..."

Anna watched Roxxi and Xavier leave and wondered what was going on between them as well. She knew Xavier from a few classes they'd had together and he seemed like a nice enough guy. They hadn't talked much, but she considered him to be a nice guy. She listened to Matt as he told her who Roxxi was and she smiled at the mention that she was his best friend. Well, she was certainly very nice to give up her seats for them. "You'll have to thank her for me. She seemed really nice. I feel a little guilty though. It seemed like she and Xavier were on a date."

Back
Top Bottom