Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

To have and to hold (Nia & Malfrost)

Niah

Star
"Those aren't the flowers I ordered! I ordered large white and lavender chrysanthemums! These are white and lilac! The whole day is ruined! I can't walk down the aisle with these!" It was currently midday and already the bride had downed a few glasses of champagne and was now suffering through a meltdown. Jordan watched, dumbstruck as her sister began to hyperventilate and begin crying. "No, no sweetie, you'll ruin your make-up." Their mother began to console her. "Riley, it'll be fine, they're just flowers." Jordan tried to say nicely, however this was clearly like waving a red flag towards a bull. "Just flowers?! How can you say that?!" Riley then began crying even harder and Jordan gave a helpless look to her mother. Her expression clearly showing that she had no idea what to do or say.

Her sister could be quite melodramatic at times. When she says quite, she means intensely and when she says at times, she means all the time. "It's ok darling, look these flowers are just as beautiful." Their mother tried to convince her. "But I wanted lavender to go with the dresses!" Riley began to whinge. Jordan and the bridesmaids had been put into lavender dresses. The others were frilly and princess like, whereas Jordan's was more mature since she was the maid of honor. It was strapless, form fitting and stopped just below the knee. Jordan's long brunette hair was pinned to the side, allowing it to flow over her left shoulder completely. On her feet were a pair of matching opened toed heels and in her hands she held a bouquet of flowers, the same ones that were currently causing her sister to go senile. Honestly Jordan couldn't see what all the fuss was about. They looked pretty much the same kind of purple as her dress.

"Riley the wedding is starting in twenty-five minutes, we don't have time for new flowers honey." Jordan explained softly. Sometimes it was like she was the older sister. Perhaps she was being too harsh on Riley, it was her wedding day after all. Maybe when Jordan gets married, she too would turn into a raging bridezilla over flowers... she doubted it though. Riley began to sniff and nod as she stood up and gave her sister a smile. "Ok... you're right, it's fine... you look beautiful..." Riley said, looking Jordan up and down. She had complained several times about the maid of honor dress. It was too tight and too short in her opinion. No one could look prettier than Riley, especially at her own wedding. So to be honest she would have preferred Jordan to be in a burlap sack, painted lavender.

As her sister looked to the dress on more time, Jordan could feel another tantrum coming along. "Not as beautiful as you!" Jordan blurted out, her eyes darting around the room, pleading with people to agree with her. Suddenly everyone came rushing over, telling Riley how gorgeous she looked and that every pair of eyes would be completely focused on her. Luckily they seemed to catch her in time and she soon calmed down. "Ok... ok... lets go." Riley said, taking several breaths before grabbing her bouquet and heading for the limo. Lord give the groom strength, he would need it with a wife like this.

Michael was waiting in one of the rooms at the church where they would be having their wedding. He was tapping his foot impatiently as many thoughts were running through his head. First and foremost was wither or not he should even go through with the marriage. After all, he didn't really have feelings for Riley....she was nothing but a stuck up and high strung bitch at times. Who he really loved was Jordan, who was much more intellegent, kind and just more fun to be around. Still, could he really just leave Riley at the alter after all they had been through? Jordan would hate him if he did that for sure, so he let out a sigh and accepted his fate.

He was told that Riley and her group were arriving at the church now and he prepared himself as he stood up and moved to the main hall where he would await the arrival of his beautiful bride, and the by far more beautiful maid of honor. He wondered if he would be able to control himself or not...

The car journey was torturous, want to know what's worse than Riley's complaining? Riley's complaining in a confined space! Everything from the weather to the traffic bothered her no end, apparently. Jordan began rubbing her temples, she could feel a migraine coming on. It wasn't that she didn't love her sister, she did. They just never seemed to be able to get along though. Both of the women were just so different from one another. To the point that whenever Jordan went to visit Riley, she found herself getting along better with Michael instead. The groom and herself had a lot in common and got on like a house on fire. In fact Jordan would be lying if she said that her feelings for him were completely platonic. Possibly, if Michael had met the family a few years later, he would have ended up with Jordan instead of Riley. However that's not the way things went and now here they were.

The limo parked up outside of the church, which was situated right across the street from where they were having the reception, in a lovely hotel. Jordan exited the vehicle and began to help Riley out. Everyone fussed over the train on Riley's dress to make sure that it looked perfect, before they all ventured on inside. They had arrived with moments to spare and there was just enough time for the Bride to double check her make-up. The wedding march then began to play and the doors leading into the alter room were opened. The bridesmaids then began to walk in. "Jordan! Stand up straight!" Riley hissed. The brunette simply rolled her eyes, before following after. Everyone stood as the bride came last and Jordan gave a supportive smile to Michael as he waited at the end. She then took her place on the Bride's side and stood waiting for her sister to reach her groom. Their father shook Michael's hand, before passing Riley over to him and taking a seat, the ceremony then began.

Michael's eyes locked not onto Riley when she walked into the room, but to Jordan. She was so beautiful, and even with Riley looking good in her dress, he could not take his eyes off her younger sister. He gave the girl a smile as she smile at him and then tried to pay attention to his soon to be wife. He shook her father's hands and then the vows were said, he kisses Riley but was looking to Jordan the whole time. Afterwards came the reception.

He had managed to get away from Riley because she was busy talking with her friends and crying about how good it felt to be married. He managed to find Jordan and grabbed her hand with his own. "Jordan...I need to talk to you, it is urgent." He stated, his voice nervous and shaky as he quickly led Jordan down the hall, not wanting anyone to see them leaving together.

The ceremony was beautiful, all the guests cried and celebrated as was expected. Throughout; Jordan had found herself glancing to Michael, only to see him also glancing back. She had simply shrugged it off to nerves though or an accidental reflex. After posing for some photographs outside of the scenic church, the wedding party then crossed the street and entered the hotel. Everyone got booked in and then met back downstairs in the main hall, where Michael and Riley were officially introduced as husband and wife.

After about twenty minutes, everyone was relaxing with a drink from the bar. Riley had scarpered off to a corner with her bridesmaids, half crying about being blissfully happy and half eyeing up the gift table. She probably wouldn't even wait for Michael before digging into the pile and opening them up. Jordan had been at the bar, trying to buy a drink, when she realized that her purse was back in her hotel room.

All of a sudden Michael came running over and led her out into the hall. Jordan hadn't been paying close enough attention to notice the urgency in his voice. She was busy with patting down her dress looking for her room card. "Hang on Michael..." She said, struggling to keep up with him. "... got it!" She retrieved her card and looked to the male, who seemed somewhat shaken. "Oh God, what's happened? Don't tell me the ice sculpture she ordered didn't arrive, she'll throw a fit." Jordan ventured towards the elevator and pressed the button. It sent them upwards and she headed towards her room.

"Whatever it is she's just going to have to wait. I've been working my backside off all year and haven't had one drink yet today. So let me just get my purse and then I'll deal with it." Pushing her card key into the lock next to the door, she swung it open and headed on inside. She left it open, assuming Michael would wait for her in the hall, she was only going to be a few seconds anyway. "There you are!" Jordan said triumphantly, as she grabbed her purse from off of the bed.

Michael followed Jordan up to her room, wondering if he should actually tell her what he was about to tell her. He wondered if she would hate him for this, or run off and tell her sister and parents. He couldn't know, but he had to get this off this chest before it ate away at him even more.

He quickly followed Jordan into her room and closed and locked the door behind him. He grabbed her shoulder and firmly but gently pushed her up against the wall. "Jordan...listen carefully to me...marrying your sister was a mistake." He admitted with a heavy sigh before he worked up the nerve to continue. His hazel eyes locked onto hers, the only barrier was the glasses he constantly wore. "I don't love your sister, I love you, Jordan....I love you way more then I could ever love Riley." He confessed, finally getting the deep, dark secret off his chest.

Jordan had been making her way back to the door, when Michael came rushing in and cut her off. She was taken aback as he pushed her against the wall and began speaking in a panicked way. His first statement made her confused, almost as if she hadn't heard him correctly. "What?! What are you talking about?" Then came the punchline, the reason for why he felt that the wedding had been a mistake, he wanted Jordan instead. There was a moment of silence as the young woman just stood there in shock. Her eyes searching Michael's for some hint of joking or inebriation. "How much have you had to drink?"

Back
Top Bottom