Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

One Simple Job (MissM & causeway25oclock)

RE: One Simple Job (Solo campaign)

"I'll have one ready for you next time," the Panther said, his voice deep and breathy as the redhead worked on him. The brunette, unable to get up with Krystala pinning her to the bed, chose instead to grind her hips against the bed below her, trying to get even a little friction against her pussy. It seemed to work, as the wet spot below her grew steadily. She squeezed around the fingers in her ass as she got closer to a second climax.

Feeling her victim... err, partner... approaching a second climax, Krystala went deep, pistoning her fingers in and out rapidly, and used her other hand to spank the brunette's ass repeatedly, until climax. She nodded at the Panther.

After the brunette's second orgasm, she collapsed beneath Krystala, her body completely spent. Aside from the involuntary twitch in her leg, she wasn't moving any more. There was a huge, wet spot between her legs and between her thighs as cum dripped from her pussy.

The Rakshasa let out a low growl as the redhead moaned from under the desk. When she crawled back out, there was an even bigger mess on her face than the one Krystala left, all the way down to her tits. She fell back against the bed with a wide grin as she licked her lips, looking dazed yet content.

"Well, I'll say this..." Krystala said, sliding off the brunette and laying next to her. "You know how to entertain..." She folded her hands behind her head and reclined into the soft, luxurious bedding.

"I do my best to be a gracious host," the Panther said, fixing his clothes before standing again. It was a good thing he had allowed the slave girl to service him, or else he might not have been able to resist ravaging the naked, freshly fucked human. "I'm afraid I won't be staying. I have other business to attend to. But feel free to enjoy the amenities until you leave tomorrow. Someone will clean up after you once you've left."

"In that case, good night, and I'll see you again when I've dug up some info that you'd find useful," she said in a languid voice, gently wrapping her arms around the two naked elves at her sides. She looked forward to her next visit; perhaps then the Panther would not so as much self-control.

The Panther donned his cloak and lifted the hood over his head before leaving the room. He locked the door behind himself as he left so that it would only open from the inside. There was no one here foolish enough to try and rob him, but he always found it better to be cautious. He gave the tiefling a set of simple instructions and left.

A few minutes after the Panther left, one of the serving girls from the bar came in with towels and clean water so the women could wash up. The rest of the night passed without incident, at least from without. Krystala was free to act as she wanted within the room. Without windows, it was difficult to tell when morning came, but another servant took care of that. She came knocking at the door around mid morning.

The bounty huntress had a keen internal sense of time; she would have awoken long before that, and, leaving the elves behind, she sought out a simple meal before departing.

The tiefling wasn't at the bar this early in the morning, but the serving girls would be able to provide a quick meal of meat, biscuits, and some leftover stew from the night before. It would be filling, and mostly safe, but probably not very appetizing. That was the best Krystala would be able to find in the undercity. The crowd was sparse compared to the night before, but a few rough looking individuals seemed to be doing the same thing as her - getting in a warm meal before leaving the city.

Krystala had eaten worse, which said something as she examined the bowl of still-wiggling grubs that had been set out before her. Still, one did not survive long on Lyra with a squeamish tummy.

Once she had eaten her fill, she sat back and considered her next option, twirling a dagger. Her best bet would be to find someone who knew about the lizardfolk, which likely meant finding a ranger who could serve as a guide.

In a place as dangerous as Lyra, it wouldn't be difficult to find a ranger selling their services. It was next to impossible for anyone without combat experience to make it between villages without one. But even a cheap guide would likely cost her every coin she had. Her best bet would be to find someone who was already heading in that direction and offer her swords as payment. A travelling merchant or trader would have hired a guide already - she might be able to find one near the city gates who needed a little extra muscle.

Leaving the tavern behind, making sure to check its name so she could find it again, Krystala headed for the nearest gate. The streets were filled with creatures of all shapes and sizes, most of whom regarded the tattooed redhead with suspicion and disgust, and those that didn't, blatant lechery.

The front gates were heavily fortified, with travelers departing in convoys. Guards armed with bows and manning ballistae kept an eye on the wilderness, never knew when a monster would rear its ugly head. She scanned the crowd, looking for prospects.

Each group showed the guards their proper paperwork, or paid them off if no such paperwork existed, and passed through the massive gate. Each time one caravan went through, the gates closed until the next one went through the same process. The whole thing seemed to be going without a hitch, which made the group standing off to the side stand out even more.

A lithe woman in green armor and a bow on her back was arguing with a rather portly half-orc. Even from a distance, it was obvious that they were both growing incredibly impatient. The half-orc slammed his fist into the side of his cart, but the woman didn't budge.

(If you want to listen in from your current position, I'll need a perception check.)

Leaning against the wall, Krystala directed her ears in the direction of this unusual group, to try to figure out what their trouble was.

"I don't see what's so hard for you to understand," the woman said. "My job is to get you through the jungle. Not to protect you life. You were supposed to hire someone else to do that. It's not my fault you chose someone unreliable."

"And I told you, delivering these goods is more important than my life! If I don't make this delivery by tomorrow, I won't get paid for any of it," the large man shouted.

"And I can't get paid if you're dead," the ranger hissed. "So you can either pay in advance or hire someone else. Otherwise, I can leave and find some less troublesome work."

"Pardon me, love," Krystala said, approaching with her swords visibly strapped to her back, clad in her studded leather armor. "But I could not help but overhear that your caravan was short a blade. I happen to have two blades, and business that takes me through the jungle. So perhaps we could cut a deal?"

"See! A bodyguard! And a fine one at that," the half-orc said, as if he'd planned the entire thing. "So we can go now, can't we?"

The ranger looked her up and down appraisingly. "I'm sure she's quite capable. But I'm also sure there's a reason she's approaching people out at the gate instead of waiting for an assignment from a guild. You're a mercenary, I'm guessing."

"Oh, who cares what she is," the merchant said, cutting her off. "Come on, name your price. I'll give you half upfront, same as this one." He nodded at the ranger.

Considering how much she'd charge for a bounty, 100 gilders didn't seem an unreasonable fee to ask just to walk a man through the jungle. Especially considering she would have accepted for free if it meant having a guide. The man didn't balk at the asked price and paid her 50 out of his own purses. "Good, we're all settled then, aren't we? Aren't we?" he asked Krystala first, then the ranger. "Then let's get introductions out of the way. My name is Del, and this ray of sunshine is Elizabeth. Wonderful working with you both."

With introductions out of the way, they boarded the cart and Del led the horses up to join the line. It took only about fifteen minutes for them to reach the gates, where he showed the guards his documents. Then they were out in the jungle.

She nodded, indicating her acceptance. "Krystala Noctrix," she said, offering her hand and accepting the fifty gilders he offered upfront. Once the coins were stowed away, she took her place at Del's side. She was amoral and violent, true, but she did have enough of a sense of ethics to do her job. She was being paid to protect Del, and she would do so as long as it was profitable to her.

Krystala swatted at the biting insects which buzzed around her. The jungle was already practically eating her alive, and her skin glistened with sweat. Turning to Elizabeth, she asked, "What do you know about the lizardfolk in this jungle?"

Once the gates closed behind them, Elizabeth raised her fingers to her lips and whistled. A young wolf loped up to the cart and jumped into the back, nuzzling up to the ranger. It was slow going, leading the horses through the difficult terrain of the jungle. There were trails and roads, but even those were overgrown in places. When they reached those, Elizabeth got off of the cart and cut their way through, something she insisted on doing alone.

Returning to her seat, she raised an eyebrow at the question, but didn't see any reason not to answer. "They're reclusive and cultish, even more so than most of their kind. They mainly stick to the uncharted parts of the island and stay with their own, although there are times when they're forced to trade with others. They aren't as uncivilized as people think, and they keep to their word for the most part. But it's difficult to find them unless they want to be found, which means you'd have to have something they want."

"Would probably explain why I didn't see many in Nobilis. And just what sort of things would they want?" At the odd look, Krys said, "I have a professional interest in the lizardfolk."

Elizabeth shrugged. "There's no real rhyme or reason to it, really. One year they trade food for artifacts, the year after that they trade artifacts for food. The only constant is their obsession with their god. If it has a a lizard or a serpent on it, they'll salivate over it." She accepted that whatever interest Krystala had in them was her own business and chose not to press any further. She found it best to mind her own business whenever possible, even out in the jungle.

"Oh, really? I'd heard that they worship some sort of serpent god." Even as they spoke, Krystala kept an eye on the jungle. She was starting to get the familiar sense of danger in the pit of her stomach, one she had learned to never ignore.

"I've heard as much, but I don't know any more about it than that. It seems like-." The wolf's ears perked up and it raised its head, making Elizabeth paused. It sniffed at the air and started to growl. "Del, stop the cart and take cover," she said, hopping down as he did as he was told. The wolf followed her, eyes scanning the trees. Something, or several somethings, were approaching quickly.

"Time for you to earn your pay."

Back
Top Bottom