Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

One Simple Job (MissM & causeway25oclock)

MissM

Star
The island nation of Lyra is a temperate, almost tropical place whose beauty is rivaled only by its danger. It has no true government – various orc warlords, reptilian chieftains, and powerful wizards battle for control of the land. There are few villages or cities – most are too difficult to defend from the wandering monsters – but those that do exist are dens of crime and corruption. Many more civilized countries use the nation as a penal colony, but the truly desperate or foolhardy travel there of their own free will.

There are many rumors of powerful artifacts, ancient treasures, and portals to other worlds existing on Lyra, but few have ever been able to find them, and fewer still survived to bring them back. More prudent individuals tend to hire mercenaries to do the work for them, claiming the prizes for themselves afterwards. You’ve heard that one such individual comes to the same tavern in the city of Marn, on the last day of each month. It’s the first promising lead you’ve heard in weeks.

RE: One Simple Job (Solo campaign)

The city of Nobilis, a less fitting name there never was, was the largest in Lyra, both in size and populace. A sprawling, filth-ridden labyrinth of cobbled together structures of half-rotting wood and mold-covered stone, it was the sort of place that chewed up and spit out the unwary.

Amongst the sprawling warrens that were dug beneath the streets, originally for the vain attempt at sewage control, then later moved into, there was a particularly nasty tavern that catered to all varieties of vice. And it was into this den of villiany that Krystala Noctrix strode into.

1210f9f9196b22214db9a2b70f28c660.jpg

Inside, the tavern was dimly lit, with only a small handful of torches for the entire place. It was surprisingly crowded for mid-week - it seemed like many of the patrons came here to gamble. There weren't many free seats except for the ones at the bar.

As soon as Krystala entered the tavern, several orcs and goblins stopped what they were doing to watch her. Even the Tiefling barkeeper raised an eyebrow as she set another mug on the counter for a particularly nasty looking orc. "Not many humans come around this way. You sure you in the right place, girly?" she asked.

As the human woman sauntered towards the bar, she projected, or at least attempted to project an aura of danger about herself. Any wayward glances cast her way were met with a challenging glare.

When she arrived at the bar, she turned her russet eyes to the tiefling. "Spare me. I'm here to see the Panther." She didn't know the man, or whatever he was name, but she'd heard enough to know that he was here, and that he was known as such.

Most of the tavern patrons were put off enough to stop staring so directly, but continue casting surreptitious glances as they return to their games. The tiefling woman raised an eyebrow in surprise, then let out a low chuckle. "Very direct. But not just anyone gets to see him. And especially not by acting like that." She turned around to fill another much with ale before placing it in front of Krystala. "No one's allowed to sit at my bar without a drink." (You can make a perception check)

"He's expecting me. And I'll have a Stirge's Venom." Krystala pulled out two sterlings (SP) and dropped them on the counter in front of her.

The tiefling palmed the two coins and leaned over the bar in one fluid motion, crossing her arms in a way that displayed her already prominent cleavage even more. "Stirge venom? I don't remember him asking for anything like that. But I'll tell you what, Girly. I'll tell him you came by, and if he says he wants to see you, I'll set it up for tomorrow. How's that sound?"

As she spoke, one of the goblins who had been staring at Krystala since she came in crept out of his seat and towards the back of the tavern. He slipped quietly through a door in the corner and pulled it closed behind him.

"Wha-? No, I said I'll have a Stirge Venom, but if you don't know what it is, I'm certainly not trusting you to try to pour one..." She begrudgingly took the ale.

"Sorry, Girly. We've got what we've got, and pickings are slim around here. Ale, water and...well that's about it." The barkeep shrugged. The goblin came back out of the side room and gave her a nod. "Look, you seem like a decent kid. At least, a better kid than any of the lowlifes who lurk around here. I'd hate to see something nasty happen to you. It's not too late for you to just get out of here. But if you really want to meet the Panther, head to the back."

Krystala snorted at the barkeep's statement. "Well, I suppose that shows how good you are at judging people." Chuckling, she stood up, leaving the ale untouched, and followed the goblin into the back.

The goblin waved her into the back room, closing the door from the outside. The back room stood in stark contrast to the rest of the bar. It was set up like an office, with an expensive, oak desk in the middle of the room. Sitting behind it was a man with the head of a panther and hands that went the wrong way, wearing ornate robes trimmed with gold. In the corner behind him was a four-poster bed with two women lying on it - a pair of elves wearing slave collars and foreign underwear. Along with the rugs on the floor and artwork on the walls, the contents of this one room were probably more expensive than the entire rest of the neighborhood put together.

"You're here for work?" the Rakshasa asked in a deep, growling voice.

Krystala was impressed by this display of wealth, but did not let it show. If anything, it gave her the confirmation that this "Panther" was indeed capable of meeting the price he had offered in his initial letter.

The young woman was not familiar with Outsiders, and did not know what a Rakshasa was. If she had, she might have been a little more apprehensive than she currently was. As it was, she did find the man's appearance to be at all alarming, given the menagerie of humanoids present in the bar's main rooms.

Regarding the pair of eye candy on the bed eying her up, Krystala crossed her arms over her chest, looking at the Panther. Her back was to the elves, giving them a decent view of her ass-huggingly tight leather pants. "The sum you mentioned was rather eye-catching."

"Yes, that was the idea," he said, curling his lip in what was probably supposed to pass for a smile. He opened a desk drawer and retrieved a sheet of parchment, setting it down between them. It was a map of Lyra, but with one large section in the center left mostly blank. He pointed a sharp claw there. "Somewhere on this part of the island is a temple dedicated to an ancient, long-dead god. Within is an artifact of great power. The person who can bring it to me will be paid a sum of 10,000 platinum. However, you can earn a smaller reward simply for bringing me reliable information about the area. I should warn you not to take this assignment lightly. Over the last year, I've sent dozens of mercenaries and cutthroats into the jungle, and only a handful have returned with anything even remotely useful. If you attempt to waste my time, or deceive me with false information, there will be...consequences."

(Give me a will save on your next post)

(This should make things interesting: )

"Ten thousand sovereigns?" Krystala's pussy practically quivered with the staggering amount of wealth that was being offered. "I don't take any job of mine lightly. I won't waste your time. What does the artifact look like, and what information do you already have?" She leaned forward over the map, an act which afforded the Panther a generous view of her cleavage.

The rakshasa could hear Krystala's excitement as clearly as if she had spoken it out loud. Not that she was making much of an attempt to hide it. He licked his chops and stared openly at her breasts. The girls on the bed noticed and giggled, whispering to each other in elven.

"The artifact is the skull of a giant serpent. Unless you are much stronger than you look, you'll need some sort of magical container to hold it. If you even want to get close, you'll have to get the blessing of the reptiles who control the area. But do be careful, many of them revere the artifact as a god. If they catch you trying to steal it, they will hunt you down. It also exudes an unholy aura that attracts all sorts of evil to it - monsters and intelligent beings alike. I recommend you avoid them when possible."

"But it is getting late. You should wait until the morning before you depart. Until then, I offer you my hospitality." Each word he spoke seemed to vibrate through the room, spreading warmth through anyone who listened. It seemed like the most reasonable suggestion in the world, to stay and accept his kindness, rather than leave into the cold night. It would be difficult to even consider doing otherwise. Without waiting for an answer, he stood and crossed the room, then poured two glasses of wine. He offered one to Krystala.

Normally, Krystala would've threatened anyone who so brazenly leched after her with violence, but between the Panther's unnaturally convincing words and the money he was offering, she let him stare as he wished.

"I have a magical container, so that won't be a problem. What sort of reptiles are we talking about? Lizardfolk? Those I can deal with..." She watched as he poured the wine. It wasn't Stirge's Venom, but it was a lot better than the ale served above, and it was offered in a masterfully crafted crystal goblet. She accepted it, smelling it both to determine what vintage it was, and to try to figure out if it was poisoned.

The wine seemed perfectly safe, and of a very fine quality as well. The Panther drank from his glass without hesitation. He said something in elven as he circled around Krystala and the women on the bed laughed. "Yes, I'm sure the Lizardfolk won't trouble you much. You seem a very capable woman. You've seen your fair share of danger, haven't you?"

She took a small sip from the wine. "I've gotten into and out of a few scrapes, yes. Most of the time I'm the only one to walk away." She couldn't help but feel like she was being sized up by a predator, even though she was fairly certain what he was after.

"Sounds like you have yet to find someone who can keep up with you," the Rakshasa said. He came closer and placed his hand on the small of her back, in a way that might have seemed innocent if it weren't for his obviously lecherous gaze. As he spoke, the low growl of his voice seemed to grow smoother. "You must be very tense from all of your travels. Why don't you go ahead and join my girls so they can help you relax?"

(Go ahead and make another will save)

Krystala smiled, and looked down. "First of all, what makes you think that just because you hired me to do a job for you, that includes whoring for you? For that matter, why do you think I'm interested in your pointy-eared broads?"

The huntress happened to, in fact, be interested in said pointy-eared broads, but she wasn't about to admit that.

The Panther chuckled and held up his hands in mock surrender. "Who said anything about whoring? I'm just offering you some of my kind hospitality. And the girls have quite the interest in you. But if you'd rather spend the night alone, there are rooms upstairs. The decision is entirely up to you."

The two elves, a pale redhead and a dark-skinned brunette, leaned closer to each other. They both looked up at Krystala, pouting slightly, trying to silently will her to join them.

The huntress looked at the Panther, then at the elves, then back at the Panther. She sighed. "What the hell, you seem the sort that likes to entertain." She undid the strap that connected the pair of exotic-looking curved blades over her back, and set them on the table. "And I have a soft spot for buxom elves." She winked at the pair.

The Panther poured himself another glass of whine and sat back down as the brunette stepped off of the bed, taking Krystala by the hand and leading her over. Once she was closer, the redhead grinned and started undressing her with deft hands. They made room for her to get in the middle, but neither of them was very forceful with her, allowing her to do things at her own pace.

"Oup, one second," she said, sitting down in the middle of them. She reached into her cleavage and pulled out a dagger. She reached down into her boot and pulled out a dagger. She pulled out the dagger strapped to her forearm, and she pulled out the dagger in her hair braid. Placing them on the table, she felt a little naked being now unarmed, but she was about to get naked soon enough, and that didn't leave room for having bits of metal on her.

"I've found it wise to be prepared. Now, where were we?"

Once the last of her weapons was on the table, the girls went back to the task of stripping off her clothes. As the brunette unlaced her bodice and started pulling off her top, the redhead knelt down to pull off her boots and started pulling off her pants. As they undressed her they started to kiss her skin, hands slowly caressing her body. One hand found it's way between her legs and began to tease her through her panties as another massaged her breast lightly.

Back
Top Bottom