Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

It's The Future, Science Has No Boundaries. (Caph x Daltin)

Daltin

Withdrawn
Withdrawn
"I promise dear, this is just a routine test for everyone who works on the ship. I was informed that everyone else has already been selected for the processing and nothing eventful happened," explained Daltin as he made his way out of the crowds of guests. The wolf was a strong, firm male, brown fur covered the entirety of his body and only enhanced the piercing, deep blue eyes that examined his surroundings with focused precision. Like all of his kind, his hair was mostly short except around the back of his head, feathering around and down his neck, to his back and chest. It was without a doubt, the perfect place for a female to nuzzle and bury her muzzle to wash away the woes of a hard day. However, there wasn't much time for cuddling. He needed to get to his exam and back to work, his job was vital to the safety of all the passengers on the immense space star, he was master maintenance. In many work places, this is a menial job, but on this colossal space station, nothing was more important than the work he did.

Selthias, an enormous space star and pleasure cruise. As space travel became more common among even low economy individuals, travel to foreign planets for particular features became more popular. One day, a great woman had the idea to take the most interesting and beautiful features of planets in a single galaxy and perfectly replicate them on an enormous space station. In one location, you can travel from the Fuchsia oceans of Rygalla 8, to the red snow caps of Moferius, or perhaps the sex entertainment and shops of Nyphos. The point was, that in this one place, you could experience all of the wonders of an entire galaxy, without the space travel fees. Now, having such diverse worlds and extreme natural replications meant tedious and lifesaving maintenance. Just the other day, he was repairing a weak spot on the hull containing a synthetic ocean. In a breath, a blink, an ocean could come pouring down through the metal above him and kill him instantly; shooting him from the maintenance shoot like a hydro rocket. That was one of many dangers he faced, but no one seemed to have the skill at repairing as he did.

Approaching the medical wing of Selthias, Daltin noticed some of his fellow employees leaving, most with large smiles on their faces, men and women. He never noticed anyone leaving a check-up before with such excitement and happiness, but who was he to judge. The main doors opened with a hushed, "Wooosh," the twin doors sliding to either side and allowing them entrance. Sterile walls attempted to create a warmer environment with subtle colors and textures, but nothing could hide the fact that this was a medical waiting room. The current occupants were either scanning in, or bored to tears.

As Daltin stepped inside, he suddenly jerked back as a young tiger ran across his feet. He knew his wife would be repulsed by the feline species, adult or child, but he just smiled and tried to hold back a chuckle. Daltin loved children, all of them. Yet, with work it was difficult finding the time to actually get to start making a family of his own. With that tiny distraction fleeting, he made his way to the main desk and checked in. No attendant was necessary in these times, simply scan in with your bio-identity chip and go to the room appointed to you when prompted. Surprisingly, and despite the other people clearly waiting, a room number instantly displayed for Daltin, "Room 138. Hmm, that was fast. Come on, hon."

"Excellent, finally the test subject I have been wanting to get my hands on all week," said Dr. Reeves as he examined the cameras tracking the wolf's approach. The female was of little consequence to him, a typical, average bitch. But this male, such possibility. No intense display of muscle or size exposed an alpha wolf, but there was a certain air about them, even on video, to the trained eyes. And no one had better eyes then Reeves. For under the white, sterile clothing of a doctor, were the soft, down feathers of a bird. A hawk to be more specific. Round, enormous eyes with pupils fully dilated took in every detail of his approaching patient and he was very pleased. So much so, that when Daltin finally arrived at the door, the bird nearly jerked him into the room as he shook his hand. "Hello, Daltin. It is a pleasure to meet you today. Now, I don't want to seem like I am rushing, but I know how crucial your job is and would like to get you back on your way," raced Reeves voice as he took the wolf by the arm and began guiding him to a room in the back of the current room.

No words were actually spoken, at least not by his rigid beak. Anthromorphs of the avian variety lacked the ability to speak with their mouths, instead using a machine attached to their neck which projected words based on the contractions of the sensitive and varied neck muscles. No plumage either, that biological trait was lost long ago with the power of flight.

"Well, I," stammered Daltin as he attempted to assert himself and catch his breath. Reeves was clearly not having any delay, and he was correct about time being precious. So, he allowed the bird to guide him along, bringing him to a large booth in the middle of the room. This was only getting stranger. Stepping inside seemed obvious, but when the door closed behind him, he was a bit startled, "Hey, what kind of exam is this? You can't even see me."

"Now, now Mr. Daltin, there is no reason for alarm. This procedure is a bit different then you are used to. We are going to expose you to certain stimuli and observe the reaction. It is as simple as that. The main door will be locked from the inside, so only you can choose when to come out, no one barging in unexpectedly," pausing to take a breath, Dr. Reeves emerged from the room after locking it to return to his wife and continued discussing with her. "As I was saying to your husband, he will be exposed to a number of test subject today, testing an important hypothesis we have. Try not to be alarmed by their appearance, I promise you he is quite safe inside."

Stepping to the viewing window, he offered the young bitch a seat, a nice, comfy, inconspicuous looking chair. Who could possibly deny such a kind offer?

Back
Top Bottom