Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

A Blood Offering (L337 & Katie)

L337GAM3R

Super-Earth
It was a stormy evening in the land far east of the death of Christ, past the lands of sand, into the mountains of the far east. The snow was blowing, overshadowed by a dark sky, lit up by chains of crackling lightning. A large castle ominously looked down over a mild, everyday village. The owner of the castle was the only one who lived within its walls, a tall man with a lithe figure. The mans name was Trevor, Trevor Ispel. Trevor was what most people called an undead, a dark Lord of this land. A month ago he had been challenged for his rule over the land, and the village that he watched over had been attacked.

In the attack that was made by another dark Lord two of the villagers that lived within the shadow of the Castle Ispel had lost their lives. The attacking Vampire had been a stripling compared to Trevor who happened to be an elder among his kind. A second generation Dark Master, the direct descendant of a Source Blood Vampire. The vampire, whom Trevor had made a point of forgetting his name, now set in pieces before his castle, on the large stone path approach. Four spears stood in the ground, one for each limb, two arms, two legs. The body had been burned, the head was impaled on a large black flag above the central tower over the castle.

Now sitting among the shadows was Trevor, who watched intently as two shadows danced for him, their feminine forms picturesque to the eyes that beheld them. His silver eyes cold, bored, watched on as the forms intertwined to the form of a small fire, black flames dancing as sweetly as the two shadows had been. Blinking softly Trevor watched as the flames died away.

Yawning the young looking master of the castle waved his hands and the shadows dispersed. Light orange flames erupted all around the room on candlesticks and on the large chandelier in the middle of the room. It took him a moment to arise from the throne and start to idly walk down the plush purple carpet of the main hall. The carpet was soft beneath his feet, which were bare his pale flesh almost glowed in the light of the candles.

Trevor walked idly to the large bedroom of his castle, a large four poster bed set in the middle surrounded by various furs. Looking in on the large room he yawned and straightened his black long sleeved shirt, the buttons buttoned all the way up to the third button from the top showing off his light skin. Black riding pants met with that tucked in black silk shirt to complete his attire.

“In my long life nothing has come free, it is in that aspect that I look on in this room and realize that my life has come to a boring grind to a sullen halt.” Trevor said shutting the door and walking to look out a large, oval window that looked down over the town that was currently alight with fires.

Helena Rascol was nothing more than an eighteen year old girl. She was not overly intelligent, or excessively wealthy, she was just a member of the village. Of course, to the eye she was quite appealing, but that hadn't gotten her all the way to marriage - the most important goal in a young woman's life. Most of her childhood friends had been wed by at least 15, and now, she was getting older. There weren't any true options left for the girl, as most men already had a wife, and a back up mistress as well. And so, her only real task was to stay at home and help around the house. And that was what got her here.

As she didn't have a real task in life, the girl was deemed available for the offering. And, out of the few other girls put up, she was the most attractive. And therefore, a small bag was packed, and her body was pushed into a carriage - off to the castle. As drops of snow fell around the cart, Helena held on tightly to the shawl around her. Her light blond hair had a silver tinge to it, just like the ground around them, and was now in tightly ringlets around her face. There were two men opposite her, and she paid little attention to them. They were just there to make sure she got in safely, and so why should she care of them?

After another half hour of horses trotting against the dirt road, the castle became closer and larger, engulfing the horizon. Bright blue eyes scanned the area, absent of emotion. She wasn't scared really, nor was she excited. The whole situation seemed neutral to her. If she didn't leave home, she would remain a 'scape goat' to the family until she found a husband and produced children. This was just another version of that life, with slight twists to it. She could be dead in a matter of days if he decided he didn't like her.

And yet the girl still was not afraid.

Finally the carriage rolled to a stop, and the two men jumped out of the door. Taking her bag, Helena stood up and slowly escaped the cart. Looking around her, she suddenly felt small. The ominous castle towered over her, and a strong hand gripped her arm. A new pit filled her stomach, some sort of anxiousness? Clearing her throat Helena shook her head, trying to dissolve any possible fear. "It'll be okay." She mumbled to herself.

Looking down from the window at the small band of townsfolk Trevor smiled and strolled slowly to the grand entrance. Taking a moment to slip into a pair of shoes that were simply for show he opened the large door to the elements and walked out to greet those who lived in the town below his castle. His eyes still filled with that bored icy glaze danced from one person to the next, until he found the smaller blonde female. She was a lovely sight to behold. It had been far too long since he had entertained guests, that is now that he saw one of his guests seemed to be enticingly beautiful.

Approaching the group Trevor gave a slight bow, his left hand softly moving over his midsection. “A good evening to you all, by what do I owe the honor? I was not aware I was throwing a party, although this delightful evening would be marvelous for a moonlit serenade.” Tilting his head to the side he looked up, almost like a young child who was puzzled by something. “Tell me, do any of you know how to have a moonlit serenade without a moon showing?” Trevor was not fond of guests and normally bid them all leave a fast as possible.

Though, at other times like tonight, Trevor also like to play games with people; he liked to get inside their minds and make them question just what in the hell he was doing. Tonight Trevor was a bit bias to both, after the question about the moon he cast an icy gaze upon the group. “What, pray tell, do you want?”

Helena didn't raise her head from the frozen earth until a low voice filled the air. A quiet gasp came from her, and her neck bolted up to see the face. The strength inside her seemed to fall a bit, but instead of pushing her body back, the brunette kept her chin steady. "Well, I... uh..." The large man in front murmured for a moment, not quite sure how to respond to the vampire. The burly creature that was holding Helena's forearm decided it would be his responsibility.

"As a gift of thanks, we are here to offer you her." Suddenly Helena was pushed forward, and her legs jellied. Her bag fell onto the ground, and she awkwardly stood inches away from the lightly dressed castle dweller. Her eyes glanced down at the snow once more, and her teeth began to chatter quietly. Curling her arms under her chest, she didn't dare speak, and instead just stood their hunched - like a rag doll.

"Thats all there is. Do with her what you like." And with that, the two men ran off towards the carriage, like school girls afraid of a spider. Helena watched them in disgust as the horses galloped off. And so she was there in front of the man, alone, and in the cold.

The men scurried off before Trevor even had time to speak; so he didn't, he simply chuckled and looked at the small shivering girl. Shaking his head as he watched the carriage pull away into the cold night he sighed. “Come then, if I am supposed to be your new...” He stopped short in his sentence as he looked at the young girl and leaned forward looking at her closely for a moment. “What does one call someone who is in charge of something given to him as an offering? You are not a cat, therefore not a pet. You are not a shackled slave, therefore not an object. You are living breathing...” Taking a deep breath, allowing a smile to cross his wicked lips. “Blood filled, human female, who has been given to a being that cannot know most of the feelings that you know young one.”

Turning he walked back to the open door and motioned with his hand for her to follow him. “What is your name?” Turning he looked back at her. “You cannot be a present, they failed to put a bow on you.” Laughing softly Trevor walked through the door looking at the snow that had accumulated upon the entrance floor. “Hurry in now girl before you freeze, and before I cannot shut my door.”

Helena moved her eyes off the ground, but not far enough to meet his own. She stared at his stomach, his chest, perhaps a leg. There was a fear inside her, whispering in her mind that if she looked up to his face, stared into his eyes, something drastic would happen. The mature part of her knew that this was silly, and that even if he wasn't human, looking wouldn't kill her. But still, paranoia was something hard to overcome.

"I suppose I'm a sacrifice." She mumbled quietly, a hint of sarcasm in her voice. That hint was why she feared talking. Helena had a habit of being rude to others, angering them or causing a fuss. Normally this didn't bother her, but now, some sort of present to a man who could easily devour her pushed some sense into her mind. "My first name is Helena, but I won't mention the last." Coughing into a fist, she hurried past the door, and into the similarly cold castle. "I'm not sure if I have disowned them yet or not."

Pulling her bag over her shoulder, she wiped some of the extra snowflakes off of her clothes, and ran finger tips over her face in hopes of getting warmer.

Trevor looked at the young woman who was sent to him. Growling softly he walked in behind her and dusted the snow off his clothes. Pulling the heavy wooden door shut he eyed her. “I would not label you a sacrifice, those usually are brought in alive then killed. I have no plans to end your life, I just don't have any plans on what I will do with you. I haven't had a guest in the manor for a while.” Looking around he walked past her with sigh. “Please follow me.”

Trevor took her soft pale wrist and led her down the long hall towards a row of doors. “These are the chambers, you may pick the one you wish to use while you're here.” Closing his eyes the doors all swing inwards opening. All the rooms seemed almost identical small beds, with a dresser in each. “The rooms are all equipped with full amenities please feel free to use them all, and there are clothes in the dresser.”

"Well, they would." She said gruffly, referring to her being a sacrifice, and then felt herself being tugged softly down a corridor. Glancing around, she noticed the immense size of the castle. Of course, it was a castle, they were supposed to be large. But once inside the sheer shock of it all was overwhelming to her. Finally gaining the courage to look at the man's profile, there was suddenly an awkward air around her.

Trevor didn't seem at all like he was 'excited' about this girl. Of course, if she were in his position, her feelings would most likely be the same. What exactly is one supposed to feel when a random human is dropped on your door step? "If you don't want me here I can go home." She muttered, but deep down she knew home wasn't much of an option.

Looking into the rooms, Helena's lips twisted to the side of her face. It wasn't home. There weren't the nice sheets and piles of pillows, no vanity with jewelry, none of her girly childhood. It was empty. All of them were empty. "Where do you sleep?" She asked keenly, twisting her head back at him.

Trevor smiled at her softly. “Where I sleep isn't that important is it? But if you really must know, I sleep in the basement of the castle.” Sighing Trevor stretched a little. “However I don't sleep in a coffin or surrounded by blood, those rumors are stupid.” Smiling Trevor looked around for a moment and then shook his head. Closing his eyes a row of fire exploded along the rafters, lighting the hall as well as shedding its warmth over the two in the hall.

“As for you going home, I doubt that's a good idea.” Smiling the Lord of the house chuckled. “I am awfully lonely up here, an if you go home the others in your village may think that you were unfit to become...whatever they wanted you to become.” Placing his hand on his chin he smiled. “How about this, you can live here, eat here, and basically have free reign of the place on the accord that if I ask you to do something for me you will follow my will and command. In return I will not drink from you or turn you, or kick you out. Sound fair, you will basically be an independent pet?”

"Well, if for some reason I need you it would be nice to know where you spend your nights. Or days, I suppose." Taking a few more steps down the hallway, Helena walked into one of the similar rooms. "This one has a window seat." She said quietly, before stepping inside. Even though it was almost identical to the others, this one seemed much more cozy. Yes, it would be her own. Outside the door frame, Helena scratched a small line with her nail. "There."

All this time she had somewhat ignored the man behind her. Now becoming aware once more, she twisted her head to listen. "I suppose that would work out fine. I don't have much of a chance here anyway, do I?" Sighing, Helena tossed her bag on the bed, and began pulling out the small items. A couple necklaces and earrings, a bracelet from a young birthday... Trinkets of her past.

"So, I will be alone and wandering most of the time? That does sound rather dull..." A few undergarments were pulled from the bag, along with a dress, corset, and all the petticoats to make her quite precious looking. "What is there to do is this castle?"

Looking over what the young girl was pulling from her bag he smiled seeing the corset. “Well around the castle, let's see. There is a library upstairs, a dungeon in the basement if that interests you, from time to time I host parties....” Thinking for a moment he smiled. “I forgot that the castle taps into a hot spring within the mountain, the masters chamber bathroom, holds a tub that is always clean and always hot, almost enough to burn.” He couldn't think of much else, this Castle had been in his family for generations, well generations of humans, and he had never truly found anything worth doing except for the occasional party.

Looking to the window he smiled and walked closer to look out over it. “Ah yes, a good view from here.” He said looking over the snow covered mountain. “Also you do not simply have to wander, I sleep in the day but that does not mean I will always be sleeping while you are awake. I like to cook. So from time to time, although it does little to satisfy my hunger I will eat in the day to I guess you could say retain some of my humanity.” He said with a soft chuckle not missing his life before in any way possible.

Moving around the room, Helena had soon put away her clothes, and her jewelry was nicely set up on the dresser. "Well, maybe we can get bubbling soap one day and have a bubble bath." The brunette gave a sarcastic laugh, and then shoved the bag with the rest of its hidden items under the bed. Hopping up, she removed her capulet, and set it on the bed. "Now then. How about you show me around and tell me something more than your sleep schedule?"

Perking her head up slightly, she moved towards the window and pulled at his arm. "Lets go find out where you sleep so I can go find entertainment later." Obviously he had more strength than her, but he didn't seem to be that resistant against her. "And you can start with your first name?"

Trevor smiled at the idea of the bubble bath with the young lady as he looked around he chuckled. “Trevor Ispen, direct descendant of the source blood to the Ispen Vampyr line M'lady.” He said with a slight bow. “And what of you, how about something about you?” He said as he took her gently by the hand and led her from the room.

Taking her down the rest of the hall, past all the similar rooms he led her through a large door into a large room at that was warmer than the rest of the wing, it housed the large bathroom, the steam coming from a simple large hole cut in the floor. “The water is ran beneath the stone to keep the floor always warm. The bathroom has a small vanity, for humans since I have no reflection.” He chuckled at the mention of not having a reflection. Looking around he again led her from the room. Through the masters chambers which was softly covered in dust except for the coffin in the middle of the room. “My father, the source blood for our line, he died of not feeding years ago.” He said as he walked the to elaborate black coffin, knelt and gently kissed it. “My dark father.” He said as he led her from the room again, through a large library and then to the stairs to the basement.

"Well..." Helena thought for a moment as she was led out of the room. What was there to tell? He was probably hundreds of years older than her if legends of vampires were true, and if so, what interest would he have in the petty life of a young girl? "I'm eighteen." She shrugged her shoulders at this, wondering if it could be an interesting fact at all. "I like the snow. I tend to pick up random animals, especially cats, and keep them around the house. I like to sleep quite a bit..." She rambled on for a moment more, and then quickly closed her mouth. It wasn't very becoming for a lady to babble, as her mother would say.

Once they entered the bathroom, her blue eyes darted around. It was most certainly warm in there. But in an inviting way. But of course, just as she got comfortable, she was led out, and into a much stranger room. Helena quirked a brow at the coffin. "He isn't in there, is he?" A disgusted look fell over her. "I mean, he is actually dead now. Shouldn't you, you know, bury him?" After only a few seconds more Trevor seemed to skip to the next room at a lightning speed. Picking up the bottom of her dress, Helena tried to rush to keep up with him. He was far too quick. But for now she didn't touch the man. After all, he had possibly just kissed a rancid coffin. "What do you eat if not me?" Her voice finally peeped up above the silence. "Who else is here?"

Turning to face her Trevor smiled and laughed. “Cats were once worshiped, far south west of here. So were the dead, buried in monuments that touched the sky itself.” He said with a smile. “My dark father died, his ashes remain in the coffin which is kept in spotless condition. To bury a vampyr would conflict almost every religion you humans have, a dead undead buried like a normal human, I think not.” Trevor said as he walked down into his home, the basement of the castle.

Immortal candles burned all around the room casting a dancing light over the well furnished room. A stack of books on an oak table, a fireplace in the far wall, an ornate lavish four poster bed in the center of the room surrounded by antiques that only could be described as ancient art. He was a collector mainly of art pieces paintings, statues, a little bit of every culture on earth was there. “Well my dear if I were to eat you I wouldn't have any company, well, kind of. I don't normally sip from the same chalice more than once. So I take my food sources from the prisons of surrounding local cities, they are more than happy to see their murderers and rapists drank dry.”

Helena cocked her head to one side at the vampire's explanation of his father. "I didn't think you would care much about religions." Following along behind him, she would tug on his arm every moment or so, as if trying to make him slow down. Eventually though they went down a final flight of stairs, and came to the large wooden door. Stepping inside the girl once more felt engulfed by the castle. The master room alone seemed to be twice the size of the other rooms they had been in. Of course, it was the master bedroom, so why shouldn't it be the largest?

"I guess that makes sense." Glancing around the room, Helena gently trailed her fingertips against the statues and vases she passed. "I'm not sure I like being so isolated up there." She cooed from across the room as her eyes scanned over one of the paintings. At least the room had some culture to it. "I mean, what if something happens to me? And I'm all alone in that room? You wouldn't be able to help me in time if, lets say, some murderer got into the castle!"

Trevor smirked and chuckled. “If you want to sleep down here, there is only one bed.” He said and sighed. “I do not mind sharing, if you want you may sleep here.” Trevor said as he shook his head while watching her look around the room. His eyes moved over her petite form as he smiled. “Religion is for humans, us Vampyr simply try to respect your traditions.” Trevor smiled.

Looking at her he smirked. “If anyone sets foot in this castle I know about it, the very presence of a mortal would wake me if I didn't know that they were there. Like if you simply walked into my room at night I would know it.”

"I never said that!" Helena quickly snapped at the vampire, suddenly feeling her cheeks turn a bright pink color. In all honesty she hadn't meant to put that idea into his head, and the thought of such an act was a shock to the secretly innocent maiden. She glared at the man for a minute or two, before dropping her head and looking back to the painting she had already memorized. "I... I'm just not used to the idea of being so far from people." After a moment Helena took a few deep breaths, and her pale complexion was back to normal. Flipping her hair back, she turned to the man.

"Well, even if you know they are here, what good does that do? You would just know I was being killed. You couldn't get up there in time to save me." Helena could only last a few more seconds with a straight face, and then laughed quietly. Turning around in the room, she skipped over towards the bed and sat down on it. Immediately her eyes closed, and she laid down against the plush pillows. "Its comfy." She grinned to herself, and closed her eyes.

Trevor watched her more as she skipped to his bed and plopped down on it. The young woman before him looked quite tempting in the position she was in, her lithe body could easily be over powered and he could have whatever he wanted from her. He let that idea go quickly and moved over to the bed to sit with her. “I guess I can't blame you for not wanting to be far from people, I assume you still lived with your family, you would have had people simply feet away at all times.” He smiled and chuckled.

“As for the moving throughout my home I can actually move quite rapidly, mirrors my dear are doors to Vampyr, not reflective surfaces. The entire castle to me is interconnected as to where I want to go based simply upon willing it.” He said with a smile. “So I guess I may frighten you from time to time popping in an out of places.”

Rolling onto her side, Helena cracked her eyes open, and looked at Trevor. "I like alone time..." She whispered quietly, before curling her legs onto the bed. "But I don't like being alone... so far from people." Sighing, the brunette felt herself snuggling into the bed. Every moment it seemed more and more comfortable. In a moment she would rise and drag herself back to her room for a nice long nap.

"Well, thats actually quite creepy." Helena made a mental note to remove the mirrors from her bedroom. It truly was ironic, how her thoughts worked. She didn't want to be alone for very long, but she didn't want him sneaking up on her. She yelled when he speculated that she would possibly sleep with him, but then was resting on his bed. Quite a confusing girl. "But I guess you'll be keeping an eye on me then? Making sure I'm 'good'?"

Trevor smiled and looked at her. “I can bring a bed into this room if you wish to be closer to something that resembles another person.” Trevor was a bit cynical an enjoyed distinguishing that they were separate beings, it made her nervous it seemed. Laying down on the bed next to her he smiled and poked her gently in the forehead. “You're a little confusing, I hope you know that.” He said as he closed his eyes and yawned a little bit, it was late in the night, past the witching hour, maybe even close to dawn.

"I don't want to be a hassle." Helena yawned quietly, and then sat up on the bed, finally opening her eyes. She glanced down at the man, and smirked to herself. "Most ladies are." It was easy to guess that Trevor hadn't been around women for extended periods of time for some while. Perhaps he forgot how complex and confusing that gender could be. "But, don't worry. Once you think you've figured me out, I'll change again." Her delicate hand reached out and patted his shoulder gently. "And you can start trying to learn my mannerisms all over again!"

Giggling to herself, the girl hopped off the bed, and fluffed the pillows she had laid on. "You will never be bored." Straightening the blankets she bent down just enough to expose cleavage, and then popped back up. "And now, I think I'll go get some sleep." Making her way towards the door, Helena let her hips shift back and forth a bit more than normal, just to see if she would get a reaction. Opening the doorway, she smiled back at the man. "Night night."

Watching Helena walk from the room he simply nodded. “Good eve to you then.” Smiling he leaned himself back on the bed and looked up at the high ceiling that had the flames flickering around the arches. Yawning his extended canines shown a brilliant white, like the rest of his teeth, in the fire light. Looking back to the room around him he stood up and shook his head. Knowing full well there was very little in the castle to entertain ones self with he stood up. Shaking off some of his urge to sleep he grabbed a three quarter length black trench coat from the rack in the room and his “witch hunters” hat.

Walking to the nearest mirror he closed his eyes and thought of the small market that he normally went to, its image appeared in the smooth glass. Smiling Trevor walked forward, through the glass leaving a a ripple effect as he stepped into the dark basement of the vampyr market.

Walking to the nearest man Trevor began to talk with him about a few items, a large fur comforter that would fit his bed, some more pillows of Egyptian silk, a music box from the Orient, and a few small items that would simply be entertaining to watch get set on fire. With a smile Trevor paid the man in full and was told to expect delivery the next night, Trevor insisted to take the pillows and blanket both with him, the man complied and Trevor left back to his home through the mirror.

Once again in his room Trevor smiled and removed his hat and coat, placing them both on the rack once more. Turning to look at the mirror he scanned the rooms to find where his new ward had gone off to.

After leaving the room, Helena continued to have her smirk. Perhaps it would be fun to spend time in this castle, maybe a game or two of cat and mouse. Of course, she was ultimately the mouse in this situation, but she could play around that. Quickly walking through the library she memorized her steps. The turns they had taken were stuck in her mind, and with a high head, she was confident her feet would lead her back to her room.

And, eventually, they did. Perhaps faster than her earlier trip as well. She had made sure to run through the room with the coffin and ashes, but even so there were chills through her spine. When roaming down the last hall she inspected each door for her scratch, and after a few mistakes, she made it inside. "Finally." She mumbled to herself. In only a moment she stripped of her shoes, dress, petticoats, gertle, and the like until she was just standing in her undergarments. Before the cool breeze could completely devour her she had slipped on a white nightgown.

"Fire..." She whispered to herself, and glanced around the room. There was a fireplace, but of course, no fire wood. Growling under her breath she decide to ignore it, and just to snuggle under the covers. Hopping under the sheets and blankets, Helena tucked them all under her chin, and fluffed her pillow under her cheek. "Good night." She whispered into the open air.

Trevor looked through the mirrors in the rooms until he found where Helena was at. Seeing her change he smiled and chuckled as he watched and then picked up the blanket. She had teased him earlier, he decided to change it up a little bit. Walking through the mirror he held up the large blanket and tossed it on her curled up frame, with a moment he closed his eyes and the fireplace erupted behind him.

“Well what do you think a little bit warmer?” Trevor smirked and looked at her for a moment. “What do you think, do you like the blanket?”

Back
Top Bottom