Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Not your Fae-vourite... (Sophistry and AnjelRocker)

PeggersCove

Peg Champ
There was a feeling of regret inside of her heart as she was sitting at the funeral of her Grandmother. A woman who had truly lived a full life and had never seemed like she had ever truly been ill. What killed her Grandmother had been swift… it had ultimately been her heart that had failed and killed the elderly woman. Dressed in black, she listened to the priest as he spoke about her Grandmother. Of course, it was known that her family was of the magical variety and it had been the reason that her mother had moved to California instead of her growing up in New England with her grandmother.

She had visited her Grandmother over the summers as she had aged but in the recent years, she had been busy with her college education and had not visited Aileen Cloven, her Irish grandmother. Aurora Argent had learnt certain skills from her grandmother as she had grown up in the summers but her mother, Lillian had wanted no part of that world. Mostly because she did not have the abilities that Aileen had had before she had passed away.

Rising from her seat in the church, Aurora went to front with a slip of paper in her hands. It was her grandmother’s eulogy. Something that she had taken the time to write about this wonderful woman who had taught her so much as she had grown up. The things that she had been taught had been much to her mother’s dismay but… Aurora had been a strange child. At least that is what people had said and she had not known it as a girl but now, it was a secret of hers.

She had the abilities to control her magic but she had not gone to train with her grandmother in some time. Standing at the podium, she noticed something in the back of the room and she knew exactly who that was… Well, that was something that she would have to deal with later.

“Aileen Cloven was a woman who was so filled with life and joy for everyone that was around her. She had an air of joy and yet, she was also tough as nails and swore like a sailor.” Aurora started the eulogy. “I loved going to visit her in the summers of my childhood… she was a teacher, an artisan, a painter and an amazing grandmother.” The Eulogy went on to point out her grandmother’s finer points as she spoke of her life and how she was in a better place with her grandfather who had passed on when Aurora was about twelve.

“I love her and I think I can speak for everyone in this room when I say that we will miss her dearly.” Almost everyone in the room, perhaps as she looked to her relatives and people of the village of Castine, Maine with a population of 1,366.

The ceremony ended with a prayer and then there was the people to say goodbye to after the funeral. However, there was another matter that needed to be dealt with and she knew that she was not going to like this in the least but she knew that this task would fall on her shoulders.

She could remember the words of her grandmother saying, ‘When I am gone, he will go to you and then you have to work with him. Yes, he is a pain but… he will be helpful in your life.’

Aurora didn’t see how this was going to be helpful… if anything, it was going to make her life miserable.

Back
Top Bottom