Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Always a thief(lady/moon)

ah, that explains it i suppose." Alex had always been the one with answers in their little group, to find out his brother didn't have an answer must have shaken James a bit. "yeah. we'll have to get her back because if someone manages to hurt her Cernunnos will make the Winter Queen look like a kitten." Gabe admitted before smiling sadly at Alex. "it won't be an easy story to tell, i'll probobly cry." he admitted softly before frowning, worried. "what? are they not answering? they probobly got distracted by girls or something shiny. you know how those two are. we'll head back and bash their heads in." he promised. "come on. i don't think we're going to find anything here. the wards are too strong, killed any magical trace that might have been left behind."

~~**~~

Cernunnos scowled a little at that because it honestly hadn't occurred to him. Sith was right though. his daughter did come across as mostly human when she was with the humans. fortunately she didn't match the pattern. she was not a twin. might not stop the murderer from targeting her however. especially if the young Prince's description was actually a match for the young man his daughter had often reported to have been dreaming of. He had no doubt that if the young man his daughter had been dreaming of, was indeed the missing prince, then the murderer would have no trouble trying to kidnap or hurt his daughter to get to the young man. it would likely work.

"so, they might very well be unaware they are even full sidhe at all. how... fascinating." Cernunnos mused. "The protections in place are highly impressive." he admitted. "he will need some serious training. i might have to take him on personally." Cernunnos admitted. "this can be used for great good or great evil. i use it for both." he admitted with a smirk. inside the boxes where daggers, necklaces, bracelets and shackles. he didn't bother to warn Sith of the intense reaction they where going to get when they cut the connection between James and the Wild. it was almost as traumatic as being lost in the first place, but James had been through this before so he'd recover well.

”It does.”Alex said sulking a little, because he hated not having all the answers, even if he knew it was impossible to have all the answers.”Well, I’ll probably cry to.”Alex said before nodding. “They’re not....and probably. Hopefully something shiny was distracting.”he muttered, even if he didn’t sound sure about that, before nodding looking around. “I think you’re right. Dammit.”He grumbled before heading back for the car, hating feeling like he was chasing his tail.

~~

“Very likely. And I’m sure they wouldn’t call if fascinating, but it is interesting either way.”Sith said rolling his eyes a little before nodding. “Impressive even more so because mab’s not been able to trace them from the protections themselves. Definitely good magic.”Sith muttered before snorting slightly. “Must walk the line between the dark side and light, you do.”He said in his best yoda voice, sighing as he stretched. “Let’s go then.”He said heading for the door, knowing this was going to be bad, but they were going to have to.

"it had better be something shiny because if they're in trouble with the law again i'll kill them myself." he admitted simply before sighing a little "come on, lets go get the boys." he grumbled, shaking his head a little as he headed out of the room. "and we'll speak to the police about what the roommate had to say."

~~**~~

"Well, their opinions don't really matter much, do they?" Cernunnos asked, looking amused. "why straddle the line? i am, in essence, a god after all i can be both." he stated with a shrug, pausing to untangle a vine from one of his horn before sweeping out the doors of his, well, truth be told it was more of a mansion than it was a castle. "Take me to him." he commanded the animals that rushed out, chattering and yammering at him, excited to see him. they all chattered and chirped and howled and made various noises and raced off to find the one they where looking for and after a moment Cernunnos set off with long confident strides, the trees lowering their roots for him respectfully. it wasn't hard to find James at all with the various animals helping out.

unfortunately, once they got close enough, the Animals decided they liked James more and stopped helping. thankfully, James was already in sight, sitting naked in a mud puddle, playing with the messy much like a little child. unfortunately, as soon as he saw them he turned skittish and fled, forcing them to hunt him down all over again. Cernunnos had never encountered someone who could turn his own court against him, and was extraordinarily disgruntled about it. especially when the trees started dropping nuts on their heads and lifting roots to trip them because they where scaring James. "Fuck this!" Cernunnos snarled. "we shall simply have to trap him then! or pin him down somewhere!"

“I know you will. Might even help you.”Alex muttered following the other out. Following the GPS reading on Loki’s phone, glad he got the other tagged so he could find them when he needed to. Paling a little when he got out of the car, looking at the man laying on the floor. “gabe...Look for what happened.”he said looking around, cautious even as he jogged towards the starting to come around godling.

~~

“No they don’t. And you are. But it’s not fun teasing you with Star Wars if you’re not going to play along.”Sith grumbled a little grinning. He loved running with the huntsman, not only because it was fun and they liked each other, but it was definitely easier moving through the woods like this. Looking annoyed at being suddenly foiled, he frowned watching after james before looking at cernunnos. “Let’s herd him then. We’re near the falls, you come from one side, I’ll stalk the other, and the water should keep him pinned between us. We’ll get close enough, and we’ll just start dumping the steel on him.”

"i'm sure it will help." he admitted with a smirk. "plus, they might behave for a while if i kick their asses." he admitted, following Alex before grimacing as he realized the trouble the boys had found themselves in was a lot more serious than anticipated. or rather, hoped. he was out of the car and moving over to Loki before Alex even had time to blink, checking Loki for any serious injuries before gently lifting him into his arms. "i can't tell what's wrong but he's cold as ice. get the blankets from the trunk." he ordered Alex, gently laying Loki in the back of the car so he could be more comfortable on the cushions.

~~**~~

Cernunnos turned to stare at Sith for a moment. "What is Star Wars?" he wondered, looking quite baffled. Cernunnos didn't have very many 'human' things. there was T.V. and electricity and such in the mansion for all his people of course but he never bothered with any of it himself for the most part. he had watched a few things his daughter or his past wife had insisted on but that wasn't much. "agreed. just be careful, he's panicked, and acting more like a beast. we know what happens when you corner a frightened beast." they turned into very dangerous angry beasts that bit and scratched and clawed. a trapped James could become a very deadly James. he fled through the woods, right where they wanted him to despite the woods themselves trying to stop them they soon had him trapped against the wall of water that rushed down hard over solid rock. there was nowhere for him to go and he was freaking out now, snarling at them as he pressed himself against the wall of rocks at his back. Cernunnos looked pleased for a moment before he groaned. "watch out! he's shifting!" and indeed James was, his bones cracking and skin rippling as he transformed. not into a bear or a wolf or a cat. not into an eagle or a fish to escape but a massive stag. powerful muscles tensing, nostrils flaring. white tail up and twenty six sharp points aimed straight for them. James danced in place, sharp hooves digging into the earth, pawing at it and getting ready to charge if they got any closer. many might have thought a buck was a stupid choice. Cernunnos knew better. deer attacks happened a lot more frequently than anything else that happened in the woods. those sharp hooves and harsh antlers could kill or permanently maim a person just as badly as a bear or a wolf could. "watch yourself. he could do some serious damage like this... any ideas now? we cannot simply leave him like this..."

“Might.”Alex snickered a little looking pale as he startled, looking up at Gabe as he moved over to loki. “Got it.”He muttered already rushing around to dig out the blankets, climbing in next to the other, curling up against the godling even as he wrapped the blankets around them.”Shush, it’s okay loki. We got you. Take your time.”Alex muttered as loki whined and stirred, struggling to wake more, even if he was afraid of where james was, he wanted loki to stay calm.

~~

“....you need to watch more tv. It’s a movie. A famous movie.”Sith huffed a little. “I know. But I don’t think we have any other options.”Sith sighed softly. Hissing as he saw the other changing, eyes wide as he considered the stag. “Well....he might not know what he’s doing, but he’s got a instinctive talent for figuring it out.”Sith muttered looking at it, before wincing. Realizing what he was probably going to have to do. “Give me the chains.”He ordered holding out a hand, swallowing thickly. “You move in on the one side. I’m going to shift, saber tooth cat will scare the living shit out of him, but it should get me close enough to tangle these in his horns before he can kill me.”Sith said, trying to sound more sure that this plan would work then he was. He so wished he’d thought to get alex’s number. But like cernunnos, he had certain blind spots over human stuff, and using cell phones was one of them

Gabe watched him as he moved to get the blankets, using his internal hell fires to warm the interior of the car to a blazing sauna so Loki would warm up more comfortably. "You're alright. you're safe. be calm." Gabe murmured to Loki, looking at Alex. "do you want me to go look or stay here? the person who attacked them could still be around."

~~**~~

"Ah. one of those useless things." he muttered, shaking his head. Cernunnos had never seen the appeal of movies. they where boring and ridiculous in his opinion but they made the people he liked happy so that was enough for him to not complain about it too much. "The Wild is guiding him." Cernunnos muttered. "i feel so betrayed." he grumbled. "it's just more proof that he is who we think he is. there's only one other person who could do this. the other one must take after the mother then." he decided before grimacing. "Be careful Sith. he could gore you to death as panicked as he is." Cernunnos whispered, backing away, wincing when James snorted and pawed the ground again, tossing his massive, impressive rack. as expected, he freaked out at the sight of the cat, the hinter, before him. Cernunnos moved quickly when James wheeled, back legs kicking out at the cat as he charged Cernunnos. the God was faster, and suddenly there where two raging bucks, slamming into each other, antlers locking, both of them bellowing.

Cernunnos was bigger though, he had not turned into a deer, but into a Hippocervus. a genetic mix of a horse and a stag. it had all the power of a horses more muscled body, and the dangerous running and jumping body of a deer with a rack that staggered even the biggest Stag. James staggered indeed, shook his head and rushed again into the forest god who lowered his impressive rack, caught James antlers in his own and tossed his head like sweeping away a pest and James hit the dirt, on his side. stunned for the moment, seeing stars. the Wild had finally calmed back into Cernunnos' control and so nothing tried to stop him as James struggled to his feet on human legs, the last knock had returned him to human form, though it hadn't snapped him free of the Wild's hold. James cried like a wounded animal, curling up and shivering, helpless against a wildcat and a mythical, but no less real, being. he cried like a wounded animal and tried to crawl away, despite being dazed, disoriented and having a splitting headache.

Alex smiled slightly at the slight smell of sulfur, amused as loki whined at the smell, even if he calmed. “See, you’re okay. We got you.”Alex muttered stroking loki’s hair as the man blinked, frowning slightly before nodding. “Go look around but don’t wander to far. I’m not sure how they were attacked, but the last thing we need if for you to get hurt to.”He muttered.

“Hm, don’t be. Just be interested in teaching him. It’ll be fun.”He muttered before wincing slightly. “He does. Though he looks like Oberon. It’s a little disturbing how much the other one does actually.”Sith muttered. Before nodding. “I know. This is why we have those fights you know. Practice.”He said amused though he was worried about being gored, but he enjoyed fighting with cernunnos if only because it kept instinct and need sharp and deadly, made sure he could do things like this when he needed to.

Darting in as James laid on the ground, he shifted back to human form, tossing the chain over the man as he knelt down next to him, gently settling even more moon struck steel over him, worried and upset that the other was hurt, that they’d really hurt him in the process of saving him.,”Shush, you’re okay. You’re okay. You’re safe.”Sith muttered looking him over, looking at cernunnos. “You okay?”He said looking his friend over.

"It's okay Loki. your alright." Gabe promised, smiling a little at him before glancing at Alex and nodding his agreement and slipped out of the nice warm car, leaving behind just a spark of hell fire too small to be seen to keep the car warm. he wasn't too worried about being hurt, not much could hurt a demon. oh, well. those could. stripping wards, taken down but still powerful and dangerous. taken down improperly and in a haste. because they where taking off with James, or because James had escaped? seamed impossible to tell. still, he walked around the boundaries of the wards, ee=even 'turned off' they could decide to strip him of his mental shields, his physical secrets. the worst part would be that the wards would knock out his human mind, leaving only a demon behind. too risky to even halfway chance. three sets of footprints. one that ran off in one direction and vanished abruptly. one that stopped there Loki had been laying and one that headed into the woods. looks like James had escaped, probobly with his mind exposed and him helpless to the wild. not, good.

~~

"I think you need to have your head examined." Cernunnos scoffed, though he looked amused. it would be fun to teach this little upstart. so long as they could remove whatever block he was placing on himself. "they both look like the King?" he asked, though he didn't seam surprised. "the Bloodline is running true. Oberon looked very, very much like his own father as well." Cernunnos admitted. "i've seen pictures." he admitted with a smile before shaking his head as he turned to human form once James was on the ground. James keened in terror as Sith got close and then he was screaming in a new way.

"No! NO! Give it back! Give it back!" James screamed, sounding frantic and horrified.like someone had stolen his favorite pet or a child from him. he lunged at Sith, clawing at him frantically. "Give it back! give it back! please give it back! i can't! i can't!" he wailed, turning to Cernunnos once he realized Sith wasn't going to do anything, clawing at the god who let him, holding James upright as the man begged and sobbed for them to 'give it back'. leaving rivets in the forest gods arms that he didn't eve notice. "i'm fine. he might have shaken a few brain cells loose though he packed a hell of a punch, my head is ringing." Cernunnos admitted with a chuckle, a scratch on his forehead where James had gotten lucky. no more than a scratch. James wasn't faring so well, sobbing as he dug open the earth with hands that weren't meant for digging, tearing his nails and the pads of his fingers as he tried to scoop open unyielding earth. trying to bur himself int he earth so he could feel something, anything, please oh god he couldn't take the silence! "Sleep." Cernunnos whispered, pressing a hand to James temple. the soft spark of magic soon had James as limp as a rag doll in the gods arms and Cernunnos sighed a little, shaking his head again, trying to shake out the ringing in his ears. "come. we'll take him back to the manor and get him cleaned up." he decided. "we'll send one of the speaking Ravens to his brother to inform him his brother is... mostly safe.

Alex frowned watching alex, moving to get up. “What is it?”He asked looking worried as he watched the other.

~~

“Yes. Though the twin of this one is colored in shades of night. Made me think the king was playing a prank on me.”Sith made a face before sighing quietly as he stopped, looking down at james. Wincing a little. “No, sorry. But no. You’ll thank me for this later.”He said hating to do this, but it needed to be done. “I’m sure it is. You can use some sense knocked into you once in awhile.”Sith smiled a little before wincing watching the other put james to sleep. Nodding a little as he followed the other, snorting slightly. “Mostly safe?Are we inviting him....and there’s a half demon, and a godling with him, if you are.”Sith warned.

Gabe shook his head a little. "The murderer left but James took off. the wards where stripping, James is in the forest with no shields and no glamours up." he explained softly, swallowing thickly. "we'll be lucky if w can find him on our own, we're going to have to ask for help and we're going to be even more careful about who we ask." he admitted softly before looking up when a large black crow landed on the roof of the car and cocked it's head. "Hey, stupid! the Wild Child has been captured!" the Crow, well, crowed. "Got him covered in Moon strucl Steel and he's mostly safe!" the Crow reported. "Hey, Stupid! taken him back to the Wild Manor so he can recover. gonna be great! Stupid!" the Crow stated, hopping about, Gabe relaxing and refusing to be annoyed by being called Stupid. the few birds that could talk where always fond of such insults. the Crow made a sound not unlike a raspberry, crapped on the car and flew off.

~~**~~

"And this one is colored as if he was Seelie and yet... there is darkness to him. i can feel the Unseelie in him. he is f Darkness and yet he has the powers and looks of Oberon. if these two live long enough to inherit the throne, things are really going to get interesting." he mused, watching James wigging out. he cold sympathize. it always sucked hard, going from being connected to everything, to having nothing at all. "i don't need any sense at all, i'm a god." he huffed, looking amused. "...Half Demon and a half God? interesting friends this one has..." Cernunnos grumbled. "yes, we might as well invite them." he huffed. "it's the Wild Courts, nothing is ever truly safe." he pointed out. "come." he ordered, carefully gathering James into his arms and headed back for the manor, their journey easy now that the woods where listening to him again, a single black crow was already winging off to Alex and Gabe to let them know that James had been captured and covered in moon struck steel and was, mostly, safe. James woke up on the way to the Manor but he wasn't really aware of what was going on, too shocked by the dead silence he had mostly retreated into himself and was pliant and calm as Cernunnos paused at a heated spring to gently wash James clean of the mud and filth he'd covered himself in. "That's interesting, i wonder what this is?" Cernunnos wondered, examining a wicked, puckered scar that ran from James sternum to his groin like someone had tried, or rather succeeded in gutting the young man. an old wound that had never healed properly and was still puckered and harsh. cursed blade or bad doctoring?

“Damn.”Alex cursed quietly, as much as he was worried, he’d half hoped the killer would stick around. Flinching a little, he paled swaying lightly on his feet. “What?He’s wh-”He said starting to panic before stopping, staring at the crow. Relaxing slightly. “okay, well. We can go there. Hopefully.”Alex frowned wondering how to do that, even if he wasn’t sure he wanted to. Gabe was worried about him going to court, did he trust the wild to love james enough to protect them both?

~~

“interesting things is the least of it. Violent bloody things might be a more apporiate wording for that.”Sith muttered. “...You are a god. Doesn’t stop you from needing to gain some sense. I mean, you don’t like tv. There’s something wrong with you.”Sith muttered before smirking. “Indeed. Interesting times, interesting friends.”Sith said frowning a little as he followed the others inside, looking at the scar as he shook his head. “Looks like someone succeeded in spilling his guts. Maybe his twin will know. They should be here soon.”Sith said, at least he hoped. Frowning slightly.

"yeah, i was hoping to give the bastard a good thrashing too." Gabe admitted, wishing the killer had stuck around too so he could rip the man to pieces for daring to touch James and Loki. he was the only one who got to beat them up. he blinked a little at the Crow and shook his head. "next time, little fella, how about leading with 'he's safe' yeah? might save us from a heart attack." "Stupid! Idiot! nasty fool!" the Crow laughed, winging away and Gabe snorted a little. "...well. do we go? do we trust whoever sent the Crow?" Gabe asked, taking note that the Crow never said who had James. they could hope it was Cat Sith, but there was no guarantee. the chances where rather slim actually.

~~**~~

"well, violent and bloody on her part at any rate." Cernunnos agreed with a chuckle and a shake of his head. "i have plenty of sense.. it's the rest of the world that's lost it's mind." he stated simply. "what's so great about watching a moving picture when the only thing that happens is people argue, have sex and drink? it's boring." he huffed before nodding. "it's rare, even for a Sidhe to survive being gutted. especially if the weapon used can leave a scar like that." he admitted, scowling as he scrubbed James hair, a little annoyed that he had to do this at all. normally he'd have just passed the brat into one of his maids hands, but he couldn't take the risk of one of the spies in his court taking news of the new full blooded Sidhe male back to Mab or Oberon. not now. both twins where all but helpless and he knew he had to protect them, if not for Oberon then for the fact that James was so in tune with the Wild. he supposed he could have tried to order Sith to do it but he was pretty sure that wouldn't have ended well. he decided not to risk it and just scrubbed the boy clean and bustled him up to private roos so no one else would see him glowing like a miniature sun.

"You will be able to eventually. Give them a good thrashing."alex said amused well aware that the other was going to get to do it. Maybe. Wincing at the crows words shaking his head a little."don't try...crows will always do what they want."she looked amused before frowning, worried."...I don't know. But can we risk not going? We'll just have to be prepared to fight for him."

----

"I don't think so. You need better sense....and it's entertainment cern. It's not supposed to do anything. It's just supposed to be fun."sith shrugged a little before nodding."rare, indeed. Curious to."he muttered watching the other amused as he watched the other wash james. Helping getting him upstairs as she looked around, fidgety and nervous as he glanced at the other."whens belladonna supposed to be here? We should let her look after him."he said thoughtfully

Gabe nodded. "i'll give him the thrashing of a lifetime." he agreed. "i'll even let you help once i have him properly incapacitated." he promised before snorting. "yes well, thank god James likes Ravens more. they're more foul mouthed but at least they aren't mean like Crows are." he admitted, shaking his head a little. "your right. lets go. where are we going?" he wondered, blinking when a pair of foxes appeared, as if waiting for them and the trees bent and their roots dropped, like they where making a path and Gabe swallowed thickly. "okay. either the Wild itself, James, or Cernunnos himself is leading the way. which means we're likely safe... but it also means we have to tell him in person that his daughter has been kidnapped." he grimaced a little and started walking, the car wouldn't be allowed. this was going to be a mess, he just hoped Cernunnos didn't have the temper of Mab or Oberon.

~~

"it's stupid, dull, boring and a waste of time. if i want to be entertained i will read a book." he stated simply, wrinkling his nose. "very curious." he agreed, examining the scar a little more before shaking his head. "never mind. it doesn't matter for now. i just can't help but feel like I've seen a scar just like this before." he admitted. "she's supposed to be here in a few hours. either calm yourself or send a cat to go check on her." he ordered. "your anxiety is affecting James." and indeed the man was wincing anytime Sith drew too close to him. "think reasonably though, this boy has never been exposed to true Fey culture and he has likely been dreaming of my daughter, if this is even the right boy in the first place.if he sees her like this, he's probobly going to freak out."

“Hmm, I’ll enjoy that. The couple that thrashes together, stays together.”He teased a little looking amused before smiling. “True. We can be glad for small mercies.”He said before sighing as he looked down at the foxes, following after him as she nodded. “Yes....and thanks for that insightful bit of disturbance. Really gabe, just what I wanted to consider, telling him his daughter is missing.”he grumbled as he followed the foxes, after making sure loki was following, not about ot leave him alone.

~~

“I’m sure you have. I mean. You have lived a few humans worth of lifetimes, sorta lends itself to repeat scars.”Sith muttered before sighing, looking down at the man, before nodding. “Okay. I’m calm.”he muttered before frowning, wincing slightly. “Ah. Yes. Well. That makes sense.”He muttered considering that before frowning looking up. “The other three are on their way, almost here.”

"hmm. yes. you just have to let me rip his arms and legs off first so i know he can't hurt you." he stated simply, smiling at his lover. "i'm not sure it's a mercy." he admitted. "either way, at least we're saving our ears." he grumbled before smiling at Alex. "we'll just make Loki tell him." he decided before looking worried as he realized Loki was falling behind quite swiftly. usually he would have been running ahead to protect James. he shook his head and scooped the godling into his arms, quelling any protests with a sharp look. blinking at the sight of the massive Gothic style manor that suddenly came into view that he knew, for a fact was nowhere near where they had been. they'd have seen the tall spires and massive towers if it had been close to them. they had traveled, probobly hundreds of miles, in a matter of minutes. Wild magic always freaked him out.

~~**~~

he shook his head. "no, it's something specific." he admitted simply, frowning a little. "i just can't remember from where." he admitted before smiling a little when James and Sith both settled down. "better." he stated before nodding a little. "The Wild altered itself for them just like it altered itself for James. they where on the other end of the Black Woods." he admitted. "Go and greet them would you? i fear if we left him, he'd take the opportunity to escape." Cernunnos admitted, wrinkling his nose at the nearly catatonic James. he knew better than to believe that though. he knew that James was calculating the best way to get away, strip the Iron and flee back to the Wild. he would be plotting that for days, at the least and would have to be watched very carefully.

“You’ll figure it out eventually. You always do.”Sith smiled a little before nodding.”I’ll be right back.”He said smiling slightly as he headed downstairs.

“And you call me the overprotective one.”Alex said rolling his eyes a little, before looking at loki, worry darkening his features as he watched the slightly stumbling godling lagging behind. For a man who could usually run circles around them. It was worrying to see the man like this. He just hoped he recovered soon. “....So freaky. I always forget how freaky it is....”Alex muttered shuddering a little as they looked up at the manor.”well, there’s part of our answer. Seems Sith is our host for the evening.”

“....Does the godling need medical attention?”Sith asked as he walked down the front stairs, looking them over. “No, I think he just needs rest and warmth.”Alex said looking at loki, amused that the man was snuggling into gabe’s chest, well aware that gabe ran hotter then normal people, so loki was nearly in heaven at the moment as he shivered a bit. "Then come in. I will show you to your brother. Sadly, we are still working on getting his shields back up."

"you are the overprotective one. you fuss even when there's nothing wrong. this person managed to take out a God. sure he's in human form but that's still very impressive. of course the bastards going to be rendered helpless before he gets anywhere near you." he stated simply before cradling the exhausted Loki. "have you been here before?" Gabe asked, startled. he hadn't known that the other had ever been in the emerald isles before. "Well thank god." Gabe mumbled, shaking his head. "i was really worried for a minutes." he admitted before watching Sith. "he was hit by stripping wards. he's in shock." he explained to the Cat Man even as he raised his body temperature a little bit to warm Loki a little more. the snuggling was actually rather nice. not as nice as snuggling Alex, but still nice. "it will take days before James recovers. he passed through the stripping wards too. probobly paused, tripped or it was a timed trap or something. the Wild would have warned him of the wards, he wouldn't have just wandered into them." Gabe admitted, walking in and stuttering to a stop when he saw Cernunnos. shit. at least James looked perfectly okay.

“I am not. There’s always something wrong with James. You know that.”Alex made a face before huffing a little. “Yes. I guess you’re right. Even sneaking up on the trickster is quite impressive. I tried that once and fell flat on my face when I tried jumping him cause he stepped out of the way.”Alex muttered thoughtfully, curious now that gabe had pointed it out. Wondering how someone had managed to surprise loki enough to leave him like this. “No, but I recognize the man coming down the stairs.”Alex muttered smiling a little as he saw the cat. “We know. James is a similar state, after we tied him up like a thanksgiving turkey in iron. He’s not overly happy.”Sith made a face looking amused at the snuggling. Not about to comment, not when his prince would probably hit him for teasing them. “we will ask the godling when he wakes. I do not see any true problems with him, except exhaustion.”Sith muttered looking Loki over. “Wh...hello.”Alex said eyeing the fey lord, looking upset and anxious, wanting to move closer, but not wanting to get closer to the stranger either. “Lord Cernunnos, may I introduce detective Monroe and Gabe, and I think you know the godling Loki.”

"well. yes. that's true." he agreed with a sigh. "he's so high maintenance." he grumbled, shaking his head. "sneaking up on Loki is impossible even for me." Gabe pointed out. "James can't do it, Carrow can't do it, even that damn cat that's always hanging around James can't manage it." he reminded the other. "ah. good call." he said with a chuckle. "this is not Cat Sith's home though. or rather, he's not the one who owns this house. i've been here before." Gabe admitted, because the house hadn't changed at all in the many years since he'd first stumbled upon it, bleeding and in agony of the heart and of the body. "James has been like this before." Gabe admitted to Cat Sith. "he'll try and escape if he has the chance." he warned with a chuckle, looking very pale for a demon.

"it's more than just exhaustion. his mind is exposed." Gabe pointed out. "he's probobly worse off, mentally speaking, than James is right now." he admitted, laying Loki on the bed next to James, knowing that would make them both feel better. "Good Evening to you, My Lord." Gabe murmured, offering Cernunnos a bow, the Forest God smiling at him. "Ah yes, i recall you." he admitted. "there's no need to bow Child." he scoffed. he hated it when people bowed to him. "Yes i know Loki." he admitted, examining the godling. "come and sit, make yourselves comfortable." "i'm afraid i cannot My Lord." Gabe said, still bowing. "we just came back from a new case... your daughter... we believe she may have been kidnapped..." Gabe said, voice soft and wary and Cernunnos paused and stood very still for a moment. it took Gabe a minute to notice and then realized all the plants in the room where going wild, growing fast and spreading outwards all over the walls, floor and ceiling. Cernunnos was trying to contain his temper and it didn't seam to be going well.

“For us yes. Whoever did this, surprised him enough for him to shove James into the wards, and knock Loki out. Impressive.”Alex sighed a little before frowning, moving closer to gabe. “It’s okay.”He muttered looking worried about the man, and the memories that would come with this return to the house. “We know. While he might be the most powerful child we’ve seen, we’ve seen others like this. We know how to take care of him.”Sith said before frowning. “Truly?”

“Yes. Loki is...somewhere. James is close to the wild, loki is....I’m not sure how to explain it, but he needs rest. And to be looked after.”Alex said smiling slightly as loki imeediately shuffled closer to james, cuddling up against him. “Good evening, lord Cernunnos.”Alex said bowing slightly before straightening, fidgeting, as he straightened. “...Her roommate reported her missing last evening, and Lord Sith’s bracelet was found within a few miles of her home. With everything going on....we do not think the two are unrelated.”Alex said, babbling as much as he ever did. Which wasn’t often, but when he was extremely upset and worried, he babbled.

"worse than that..." he said, looking at the other. "this person was able to do it without the Wild warning James." he admitted softly. "and i don't think impressive is the word i would use." he admitted before smiling tightly at his lover because he wasn't all that sure it was going to be okay. but he'd do his best to make sure they where as okay as possible. "i'm glad someone at least knows how to take care of him. Loki, before this, was the only person who knew how to help." Gabe admitted, shaking his head. "we know in basic principle what to do but we've never had to do it. last time we took him to a specialist in the mental wards who could help him." Gabe admitted. "yeah, truly. but Loki will likely be recovered before James is." Gabe admitted with a smile.

"The Godling is one with the universe." Cernunnos said with a smile. "the Abyss is a wild place full of darkness and light. i've seen other demigods loose themselves to it. he might not be where they where but they always seam to have similar accounts." he admitted before watching Alex bow. he was getting so tired of being bowed to, really. "....so the murderer has taken my daughter." Cernunnos snarled, his cowl and hair fluttering with wind that wasn't there. "Calm down Alex." Gabe said, glancing at the wincing James who was getting frightened again. "it's okay. we'll find her, you know we will my Lord." Gabe tried to reassure Cernunnos who just snarled and strode out of the room. who would DARE to touch his daughter?! he would rip them limb from limb!

“True. And impressive is the word I’d use, even if it’s a scary weird sort of impressive.”Alex muttered.”Hey, I know its not okay, but we’ll make it okay.”He muttered fidgety and upset, knowing the other was worried. Hell, he was worried. “Ah. Well, we’ll show you how to help, but mostly we’re just going to have to give him time, which is probably time you two can’t afford to stay here.”Sith said frowning slightly as he considered that.

“Huh. Well, it’ll be interesting to hear about it when he’s better.”Alex said because it always interested him to hear new things, even the bad things. It would help to know, in case he needed the information later. Straightening he looked at cernunnos, fidgeting and upset, as he nodded. “Yes, I think so.”he said swallowing thickly as he looked at gabe, then james. Settling down. “We’ll find her.”He said swallowing hard, refusing to feel as tired and worn as he did, knowing they needed to work, and now. “....You two need rest. It’s late.”Sith said looking them over. Knowing it was early evening, but they’d been going since this morning, their day starting bright and early. They needed rest.

"well. i suppose. i don't like it though." he admitted, shaking his head. "it'll be okay eventually." he agreed with a smile before nodding at Sith. "there are other things that can be done, i think. to make them more comfortable in their heads or something but i don't know any of them. the doctor that helped James last time mentioned something like that." he admitted before nodding. it would be interesting to see what Loki had to say, about a lot of things. at least about where his head was and how he had let someone sneak up on him like that. sucked that Gabe couldn't blame Loki for James getting hurt. after all if the murderer could hide form the Wild then there was no way James or Loki could have seen him before it was too late. if they where lucky, really lucky, they might have gotten a view of the murderer, or at least the attacker if, by some miracle, they weren't the same person.

"Yes we will. in the morning." Cernunnos ordered as he walked back in. "My daughter has been having dreams of a young man matching your brothers description. both, descriptions." he admitted. "I apologize for the loss of my temper. i have sent everything i can out to search for her. for some reason, the Wild cannot locate her. whoever this is, they are shielded from the Wild.meaning this person knows very well that she is my daughter and is protecting themselves from retribution. you all need rest and i need time to calm myself." Cernunnos admitted. "please make yourselves at home. Sith? will you show them to some rooms? i have need to walk through the Twilight Forest." he admitted. the Twilight Forest was something James had spoken of when they where younger. it was a place a Wild Mage could touch only with their mind. it was pure Wild in a spiritual plane. it could be very healing for someone experienced enough to come back out. it could be instant pure madness for someone like James. or like the one other Wild Mage James had ever found, who had pushed themselves too hard and lost their mind and had yet to recover it even fifteen years later. thank god James had never tried.

Back
Top Bottom