Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Always a thief(lady/moon)

“no, it really doesn’t.”Belladonna said smiling a little. “....I’m sorry...I thought they helped...”Alex hung his head a little, because he hadn’t known it was that bad, he’d been young enough when james had taken the meds that he had thought it helped, that the doctors promised it would. “....Well. Yes. I mean. You two were horrible at it.” “No we’re not. And you are good, Alex. Better then you give yourself credit for.”Loki frowned staring at him, wondering what had brought this on. It was rare for alex to be questioning himself, it was curious flaw in the man’s psyche, wondering if that insecurity had always been there and hidden, or if something had broken. “...Fine. We’ll see as soon as we find him.”Alex nodded looking at cernunnos. “...The sun has set.”Sith said tilting his head as he stared out the window.

"Everyone thought they helped. the Doctors said they did and humans have been trained, children have been trained not to question doctors." he shrugged. "i never brought it up because i thought that was what was supposed to happen. it was only when i ended up in that mental institute, you now, the one used to working with people like me? that i realized what damage the pills where actually doing to me. i didn't say anything after because i didn't think about it. knowing can't change the past after all." he admitted. "yes. we're so terrible that your the only person whose ever caught us." James agreed dryly, clearly mocking his brother. "your good at what you do Alex. the best. there's a reason why everyone always calls you to solve their biggest problems." he pointed out with a smile. "Yes it has. we should all go to bed. the funeral will be in the morning." Gabe admitted, gathering Alex into his arms and dragging him off to make sure his little lover was well aware of how amazing he was. "so... what exactly is going t happen tomorrow?" James asked Sith. "you sort of explained before but i'd like to know the step by step process so i can prepare Alex and Gabe. i think Loki will be okay, he's not exactly human." James admitted with a chuckle.

“Oh...yes. I guess that makes sense...”Alex said frowning a little as he considered the doctors, because he had been young. He had trusted them to do the best, even if it wasn’t. Making a face at james he huffed a little. “Don’t be nasty. No mocking.”Alex grumbled making a face before smiling pleased. “Well...yes. Okay. Maybe I’m good.”Alex muttered smiling quietly, relaxing at the other’s words. “....Goodnight.”Loki said watching them go before glancing at james. “has he always been like that?”He said before looking at sith, smiling slightly. “No, definitely not human.” “Okay, come. We’ll sit down, and have a drink and I’ll explain the hunt and all that will happen.”Sith said smiling as they headed for the sitting room.

"yeah. well, humans are weird to begin with. they don't like, or understand anything different. they didn't understand that i wasn't human, so tried to treat me like i was a human, which is where the problems where caused." he admitted with a smile. "I'm always nasty and cynicism and mockery is my bread and butter." James said, and while he didn't say it, you could hear the 'stupid' at the end. he usually called Alex 'stupid', not because he was dumb but because James had not been all that creative as a child and thought all his brothers 'rules' and 'commands' and 'orders' where 'stupid'. so basically he was saying 'don't tell me what to do' because James was feeling obstinate and bull headed. "You are fantastic." Gabe agreed with a chuckle before carrying the other off. "who, Gabe or Alex? the answer for either is yes." James admitted with a chuckle because Loki knew it. they had grown up together after all, but sometimes James suspected that remembering so much, made Loki space some of the weirdest things. "Awesome. do you have any tea?" James asked hopefully. he couldn't drink alcohol. it wasn't that he was a recovering addict, because he was. it was that alcohol dulled his connection to his powers so much he couldn't feel them, which was what had led to his incarceration in the mental hospital because his mind flew off to be with the birds, the bees and the trees. since then, he hadn't touched so much as a drop of beer. he drank other things. like tea coffee, soda pop and juice. Cernunnos chuckled and wandered off to get the package that his darling second love, who he believed to have been the reincarnation of his first love, had left for her precious daughter.

:Oh....yes. Well. Humans are weird.”Alex agreed before rolling his eyes. “You’re stupid, stupid.”Tony grumbled making a face as he was carried away, tired enough that he responded like the child he had been, instead of the adult he was. “Both actually.”Loki said making a face a little. Because while he remembered alot, it was still hard on him to remember some small things, normal things. He remembered big events, things that happened to him, but he had more then one human lifetimes stuffed into his head, it was still hard to remember small things. “Yes, we do have tea.”Sith smiled a little as he got one of the demi-fey servants to bring them all their ale and tea.

“Father?”Belladonna said knocking lightly on his door as she stepped inside, looking curious as she considered him.

Your an ugly face!" James yelled back at Alex before he grinned at the room at large because he knew he was being childish and stupid and he didn't care one bit. "don't worry about it Lo-kitty." he teased his best friend. "Your brain is like Swiss cheese." he teased with a chuckle. "thanks very much Lord Sith." James said happily accepting the tea offered to him.

Cernunnos looked up and smiled at her as he turned to face her and set something on the table for her. it was an antique Jewelry box with bright red rubies set around it with larger stones, shaped carefully set in the middles and the sides giving a teasing shadowy glimpse of the inside. "Your mother was the Lord of Birds before you, as you well know. but she had a very special connection to... more." he admitted, motioning for her to pick up the box and open it. "inside this box is a very special necklace." he admitted with a smile, letting her pluck out the bracelet. there where Nine precious stones carved carefully into feathers attached around the Bracelet. "Diamond, Emerald, Topaz, Sapphire, Opal, Ruby, Amethyst, Moonstone and Onyx where ll shaped perfectly into the shape of a feather. "Within these stones, is the soul of an ancient bird, it's gone by many names but the most popular is Phoenix." he admitted with a smile. "you'll have to wear the bracelet and let the soul decide if your worthy before you can summon it. your mother never went anywhere without it. she even bathed with it." he admitted with a smile. "it will protect you." he explained. "if it decides your worthy, then i will explain more."

“Nun-uh!” Loki looked amused as he heard alex and gabe get further away, before rolling his eyes at james. “Don’t call me that.”He grumbled, settling in to listen as sith started to explain what to expect.

Belladonna’s eyes went wide as she saw what he had, looking amazed as she saw it, stepping closer as she picked it up. Studying the necklace before looking up at him. “Special?”she muttered curious as she studied them gently, eyes going wide as she considered the bracelets, that was amazing. Truly. “Okay....well...let’s see then. This would be good for a fight...”she swallowed nervously looking worried about being accepted before putting them on.

"i'll call you whatever i want." James huffed before settling in to learn exactly what would be happening. he was asleep before he learned anything. he was healed but his day had been very long and he had spent a lot of energy healing, it was no wonder he fell asleep.

he smiled at her. "this Bracelet was made by the very first Lord of the Birds." he explained. "a young woman by the name of Adrianna." he admitted. "she was my first mate and the mother to Mistral and Crystall." he admitted. "over the years, it has been passed down from Mother to Daughter. i never told you this, but i always thought your mother was the reincarnated soul of Adrianna. it is why, even though i had already had, and lost a soul mate, i was able to find another. it seams suitable, that though her bodies where different, her talents, and that bracelet, should have passed to her, and thus, to you." he admitted with a smile. "it will guide and protect you, if you treat it with respect and love. it holds a part of your mother, as well as the ancient spirits so cherish it well even if the spirit chooses not to come to you. after all, no one knows what it judges on. it could be just the connection to the birds, or it could be how much hope or faith you have. maybe it's physical strength or strength of your mind or powers. it's impossible to know. your mother never told me, so i don't know if she knew or not either."

"Yes, crystall told me about her...it seemed wrong to ask you about her."Belladonna said smiling slightly. "Truly?yes...that makes sense. I'm glad you had someone papa."she said smiling ay him.stroking the metal she nodded."well. I will always cherish it. Even if nothing happens....they are family. I should have them."she said smiling wuietly as she reached out for that ancient spirit, hoping and praying she was enough for this.

Cernunnos smiled at her. "You should never fear asking me anything." he promised her. "I am glad i had a chance to be reunited with the woman i loved. and i loved your mother, and Adrianna, very much. i could never have picked one over the other." he admitted. "anything you ever want to know about either of them, you only have to ask." he promised with a smile before chuckling a little. "i know you will Dear Heart." he admitted before watching her reach out with her powers. something reached back, brushing her mind before flooding her with it's presence. it was as hot as a forge, yet as cold as ice. as strong and unyielding as steal, but as flexible and soft as a gold chain. it rooted around in her mind, flicking through her memories like they where pages of a book, searching into parts of her she didn't even knew existed and then, like the flick of a switch it was gone as if it had never existed, though the shining silver chains of the bracelet grew hot, all nine gems glowing before they winked out, one at a time and Cernunnos sucked in a breath, amazed. "it has accepted you.... i think." he admitted, shaking his head before settling in and picked up the first Gem.

"Diamond, the Stone of Courage. it will give you the strength to be brave against danger, enemies, threats or even peer pressure." he explained. "Emerald, the Stone of Honor and Truth. this stone will help you to keep your promises and stay honest with yourself and others. this stone can warn you when someone is lying or is untrustworthy. Topaz. the Stone of Strength. it will lend power to you, physically, mentally and emotionally, giving you the strength you'll need to stay true to your cause, or face down whatever lays in your path. Sapphire, the Stone of Luck. it will ward off mischief and tricks as well as bad luck. it can sometimes guide you on your path and bring you good fortune. Opal, the Stone of Foresight. if you linger too long on this stone it can give you visions of the future. it's a double edged sword, because though you know the future, you cannot always avoid it, nor make it happen. the Opal can sometimes enhance weaker powers. the Ruby, Stone of Protection. it will ward off anything seeking to harm you from spiritual or magical realms. it will warn you when Danger is close by. the Amethyst, Stone of Clarity. it will give you a calm mind and can aid in thinking and keeping a cool head. in troubled times it can lead you to safety and can help control wild or out of control powers. Moonstone, the Stone of Health. it will ward off sickness, poison attempts and fouled food. when used in the right hands, it can help heal wounds. Onyx, the Stone of the Soul. this Stone is very powerful, for it can see into the hearts of people and warn you when evil is lurking and when someone is of wicked intent. it can also allow you to see people or places you have been, in your dreams the day you dream of it. you must be careful of this stone, for it can lure you in and become addictive." he explained. "it won't work all the time, only when the Spirit within the Stones feels you need to know, but be aware of it, and let it guide and protect you as much as it can." he informed her, sitting back. "the Bracelets, like all things, are not all powerful, and they cannot always aid you. when they do aid you, you might not always understand. be as aware as you can of it, but do not depend on it overmuch."

“I didn’t want to upset you...didn’t want to hurt you. I know you still miss them.”Belladonna said smiling a little, before nodding a little. “Okay.”she muttered smiling at the permission at being allowed to ask before shivering as she felt the power. Closing her eyes as she focused on it, gasping softly as it disappeared again, looking up at her father. “Yes....I think it did.”She said smiling quietly.

Stroking her fhingers gently over the stones as he explained them, looking amazed as she considered them. “is it just for me, or can I let someone else hold them?I mean, like james...he would do well with luck...”She muttered, even though she thought it wouldn’t work, it was worth asking.”She muttered before nodding quietly, looking up at him. “no, they’re not all powerful, but they will help. Thank you father.”She smiled kissing his cheek

he smiled at her. "you have missed your mother as well my dear." he pointed out, gently stroking her face. "i am sorry i made you think my pain was any greater than yours." he admitted before smiling at her, pleased that the Bracelet would be able to help her. "It's saved your mothers life, a time or two." he admitted before hesitating. "i don't know. your mother, and all those before her, have been overly possessive of this. the chance of it being used for ill will is pretty high i would imagine." he admitted. "though whether it would work for someone of ill will i don't know." he admitted. "i don't know if it will work, taken apart and i don't know that it would work for James even if it did. he is a criminal after all." Cernunnos admitted, looking very amused. "he's not dangerous of course, but remind me to make sure the crown jewels are properly locked up." he ordered with a chuckle. not that they ever used the crown jewels but once every few thousand years when a new Lord of the Hunt was crowned. the Wild Hunt liked shiny things sure, but the crown jewels where too bulky to wear in the forest so they where usually fawned over for an hour and then put away when the new King or Queen got bored with them. "Thank your mother my darling. she's the one who insisted." he teased with a smile.

“I know, but I worry about you, more then I ever wante to know anything.”Belladonna smiled at him before nodding. “Well, that’s a good point....don’t think I’ll be breaking it up then, even if I just wanted to try.”Belladonna said looking thoughtful before snickering. “James is a thief. That’s amusing.”She muttered looking amused before snorting. “I’ll be sure to remind you.”She said before nodding.”I will make sure to thank her....we should get some sleep. Tomorrow is going to be a busy day.”

"You're just too giving. focus on yourself sometimes okay?" Cernunnos asked with a smile. "your very much like your mother. she was always so sweet and kind. she used to go to human hospitals to make the people there feel better with small birds and smiles." he admitted with a smile. probobly explained why Cernunnos hadn't been at all bothered with his daughters traveling to and from the human populations. "It is amusing. he's pulled off some very impressive heists." he admitted. "he stole the Mona Lisa you know. and then gave it back." he admitted with a snicker. "they where so very confused." he admitted with a grin before smiling as he kissed her forehead and headed out to check on everyone, chuckling when he realized James was already asleep before ever finding out what was happening. that was alright though, James couldn't transform so he'd be a spectator for most of it anyway.

“okay, I will.”Belladonna said smiling a little at the other, before snorting. “I’ll have to have him tell me about it. Sounds like he’s had some very interesting jobs.”She said before smiling as she left.

In the morning Alex smiled slightly as he straightened his clothes, fidgeting and nervous as they headed downstairs. “Are you sure this is going to be okay?I mean...”He muttered trailing off, looking a little lost and not sure what to think. “You look fine. We’re going through the woods, and you are simply watching since you can’t change shape. Don’t worry so.”Sith said as he ooked up at gabe and alex as they came down the stairs, looking amused.

"Very interesting jobs,, maybe he'll teach you?" Cernunnos mused, looking close to laughing.

"It's fine, Alex. just keep your stomach inside and you'll be fine." Gabe promised. "i looked it up. the hunters are going to hunt and the prey animals are going to flee, like a giant game of tag. normal animals might get caught up in the hunt and eaten but the Wild Fey will be able to tell who is Fey and what is normal animals." he admitted. "it's a way of connecting to the ancient wild magics by doing what animals do. i guess." James came bounding down to join them. Cernunnos had shown him how to transfer his fingernails into claws and he was focused on perfecting the skill. James was determined to learn as much as he possibly could before he had to go back to the 'mortal realms'. "...this is harder than it looks." James admitted, scowling at his hand which had, instead of growing talons, had sprouted black fur and his nails had gone hard and black but hadn't gotten any longer or sharper. "dammit..."

“He might.”Belladonna said looking amused.

“...oh. Okay. That’s not so bad. I can handle watching that.”Alex said relaxing slightly, looking up at james as the man bounded down, looking pleased and startled when he saw the claws. “You are so weird. Really.”he muttered looking amused. “It is. You’ll get a hand of it. But it’s harder in the human world. You can do it, but it’s harder to hold when you’re away from faerie.”Sith warned looking at him.

"yes. it should be fine." so long as things didn't get too bloody where they could see. "i'm not weird! it's perfectly natural for my hand t be turning into a..." "Hoof? you're supposed to be trying for claws my friend." Cernunnos teased. "...is that what this is?" James asked, scoffing at his hand covered in fine brown fur and black blunt nails. "appears to be. you might not have the personality for a predator yet. calmer, less violent people tend to veer towards prey species more than not. just keep going and you can work on predators later." Cernunnos admitted. "come, we mustn't be late." he warned, gently setting a hand on Sith's shoulder, offering him as much comfort as he could. "Would you like me to be a Prey today Sith? that you might hunt me?" he offered the man.

“...It looks weird.”Alex teased his brother before snorting at his confusion. “You sorta look like a pony, long face and all that.”Loki teased a litttle as he followed them down, “And you are definitely not a predator sort of person yet. At least not if you’re being attacked....I’d guess you’d probably be a stag or horse first really.”Loki said thoughtfully before looking at the others. “...no we mustn’t be late...”Sith muttered looking a little lost and falling apart now that it was actually happening as they headed into the front room, taking a deep breath as they stepped inside. “....Yes. Please. I would like that.”He said looking up at cernunnos.

"Hey! hey! no insults!" James protested, sulking at his best friend. "i'll tell Alex on you and he'll give you that 'kicked puppy dog' look and you'll feel really bad." he teased, grinning a little at him. "oh. well, i never was one for violence." James admitted. "i'm nearly a vegetarian anyway." he ate some things now and again, but only if they where not... soiled with chemicals. he ate mostly take out, vegetarian and any meat he had was from real restaurants or charred nearly to a brick in his own rarely used kitchen. one might think that... horrible, with the way he could speak to plants, but being honest most plants wanted to be eaten. carrots and tomatoes and other such things wanted to be eaten to spread out all their carefully cultivated energy, and seeds. only a few disliked it, the poisonous ones. Rhubarb too, though rhubarb was rather poisonous, the leaves at any rate. they hoarded their energy vividly and didn't like to be nibbled on at all. "which form would you like me to take then, old friend? a mouse perhaps? a Rabbit?" he asked, head tilted. "something small for you to play with when you catch me. ah.." he smiled. "how about a canary. we can play Tom and Tweety." that made James laugh because Cernunnos had gotten two popular cartoons crossed. it was Tom and Jerry and Silvester and Tweety. but close enough. James wished he could sprout a head full of antlers and sprint off into the woods but he was pretty sure he wouldn't do well with getting chased and hunted at the moment.

“He does do that look well, but I don’t think he’ll do it on your behalf.”Loki snickered a little before nodding. “You are. It’s sorta amusing and odd all at once.”Alex teased because james had always been like that about his food, where Alex ate anything that was set in front of him as long as it wouldn’t make him sick. “Hmmm...you are adorable. I still can’t believe you watch looney toons.”Sith snickered not correcting his friend’s mistake, because it woul be rude to do when Cernunnos was simply trying to make him feel better. “A bird it is then.” “I’ll help you chase him. A see who catches the tweety bird first.”Belladonna grinned as she walked down the stairs, closing her eyes as she enjoyed the early morning light, closing her eyes as she saw the fires of the pyre starting, knowing that the hunt would start even as the fire died.

"sure he would! you just wait and see." James huffed with a grin before focusing on his hand again, trying to make it change some more. "i don't like meat. it's gross the way people prepare it. it's greasy and slimy." he huffed. "i do like Chicken Nuggets but i'd prefer Tofu." he admitted. "or spinach, or Parsnips. i love parsnips." he admitted. "hmm. i haven't watched the cartoons since Belladonna was a child." Cernunnos admitted. "she adored them." he admitted with a chuckle before snorting at his daughter. "You, in your long seventeen years of life...." he pointedly ignored her protest and correction of her age. it was an old joke, one he'd been doing since she was ten 'you're only five, you're not old enough to go to the fifth grade! no no, you must only be starting kindergarten!' he smiled at the memories. some of which involved her sulking because he hadn't put enough candles on her cake, and Crystall laughing himself silly when she poignantly informed their father that he was nuts and needed psychological help. "pretty." James mumbled, watching the fire with a flicker of unease. he had never much liked fire. he wasn't sure, well, he suspected it had something to do with the fact that he was mostly plant, and plants didn't much like Fire. still, the fire was dying and it was well under control so while he kept them in mind, he wasn't too fretful about it. Cernunnos looked at the two brothers, Loki and Gabe and indicated where the spectators where gathered. those that could not transform, before taking flight as a bright yellow canary as the last of the Pyre's died into glowing embers.

“So weird.”Alex teased rolling his eyes a little, even if he knew why the other didn’t like it. “We’ll get yo usome parsnips. I’m sure the cook here would have some.”Alex said looking amused at cernunnos words. “I did. They were good. And what?I’m older then that!”Belladonna whined a little huffing as she sulked a little, smiling quietly to herself when she saw that sith was laughing quietly to himself at them. “Yes it is.”Belladonna said squeezing james arm lightly. “Watch, and think good thoughts.We’ll be back.”She grinned as she changed into a hawk and took off after her dad even as sith changed into a huge verison of a house cat and took off after him. Alex smiled watching them go, sadness in that look. Trying not to think to hard about the idea of losing a child, if he ever had any. That was just to difficult to stand.

James snorted. "i'd rather have Ratatouille." he admitted. "or maybe some vegetable stew." he admitted with a smile. "no no. i'm certain your only fifteen." Cernunnos admitted. "not a day over twelve." James started snickering because he was starting to get the joke here. for a moment he had been terrified she really was only seventeen. he was very sure he could never have.. romantic intentions, with a teenager. ever. he was hoping they could be, at the very least, the best of friends, but he was hoping for something more. when Loki found Thor, Loki would move on and James would be alone. he was hoping with Belladonna he could have what Thor and Loki, what Gabe and Alex had. "good thoughts?" James asked, a bit confused before smiling as they raced off, the bright yellow canary flitting about, teasing the hawk and slipping away from the cat in a teasing dance that made James a bit jealous. someday, he could do that too.

“we’ll find something. You are so picky.”Alex said rolling his eyes little, laughing out loud at the idea indigition on belladonna’s face at her father’s teasing. “I’m older then that!” “Well, just think you’ll never be looking for someone younger, James. She’s stuck at one age.”Alex teased wisely, smirking as belladonna just glared at him for the jokes. “Yes, good thoughts. Thoughts to speed them towards the summerlands.”Belladonna said patting james’ arms as she left. “...That’s just adorable...adn you’ll get there eventually. Don’t look so upset.”Alex muttered moving over, wrapping a arm around james shoulder, simply leaning into him, enjoying simply being with him,

Back
Top Bottom