Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

I am your Knight, Princess. {Charcoal & Peachykeen}

(sorry I thought this posted)

He yielded to her request though warning her about the severity of it. She didn't care, he had to be cared for. It was the least she could do considering that his life was on the line while keeping her safe. She waited patiently for him to remove the burdening piece and though it only took a moment it felt like a lifetime. When he finally pulled himself free from it with one hand, she was able to take him in. It occurred to her that she had never laid her eyes on him before. It wouldn't have been appropriate of course.

She found him to ruggedly handsome if a bit war worn, not that it bothered her. In a way it was quite beautiful in the way sea side cliffs were, hard but natural. She hadn't expected the scars but she was intrigued by them. There was such as serious look about him. He was so different than the court nobles she remembered. Her large eyes blinked a couple time and refocused on the matter at hand.

"I...you have some ash, there, must have gotten through your visor." She swallowed and reached up, brushing it off his cheek before retracting nervously.

It would seem like she insisted on treating his wound and Adam sighed. He let her treat him just as soon as he took the piece of armor that covered it. He notice that she was staring at him and even brushed off some ash off his face. He felt a bit embarrassed as she stared at him.

"It's the scar, isn't it?" He asked as he looked away a bit. "Is that why you are staring?" Adam had finally taken the piece of armor that had been covering the wound and it would land on the ground.

"No!" She tried to defend her action, "Not at all. It's just that I...well, you have seen me every day since before I was a young girl and I have never looked upon your face. I'm not sure that I had any expectations. You do have an interesting face, in the best way possible of course." She looked to the wound as the armor dropped then moved about to pick up a bit off moss, instructing him to take a seat on a nearby fallen log. Once he had followed her instruction it was much easier for the small woman to wrap her hand around the arrow's shaft.

"This will hurt, but I suppose you already know that." With the warning, Rosalie pulled out the arrow with a quick burst of effort. The freed bolt cause blood to splatter her hands a bit and brought her to gasp slightly. Her recovery was impressive though because her mind was set on helping him. The moss was pressed into the wound to stop the bleeding and prevent infection. "There...that will help for the moment. We'll have to get it seen to when we come to somewhere more...civilized." Her eyes went to her hands, not willing to wipe them on her dress. Mud and ash she could explain but blood? This left her cloak, it was dark anyways so she hurriedly wiped away the red.

Adam listened to her explanation on why she was staring. The thought of it now was flattering to him. He was lead to a fallen log and sat down as she started to treat his wound. He knew that she would need to pull it out, he was a bit worried that she wouldn't pull it out all the way the first go. But to his surprise, she did and it was very much painful for him and caused Adam to call out in pain through his clenched teeth.

Once it was over and she patched, it was feeling a bit better. "Thank you, Princess. Where did you learn how to do this?" He asked as he tried to move his should s bit slowly, trying to get use to the pain.

She was cleaning her hands when he spoke. There was still a little pain in his voice but he hid it well. She could expect nothing less from a knight.

"From a book, actually," she admitted sheepishly as she sat down next to him and tucked her skirts under her a bit. "Most of what I've learned came from books. I would have the my maid sneak in some even. Medical texts and other things are not quite appropriate for a princess so I don't think father would have allowed them to be sent up at his own discretion. There's not much else to do when you're alone. I sewed, drew, and read." She brushed back the lengths of hair that seemed to get away from her at some point. It wasn't like she had time to braid it or put it into her nettings before they rushed off from the castle. No, it was wild and smoke-filled, framing her pale face.

"How long should we rest? I don't want to trouble you with your arm but staying out here...it seems as dangerous as walking into the enemy."

Adam listened to how she learned how to treat a wound. He should've guess that the maid would bring books in. I guess without those, she would be really miserable in there sooner. He couldn't help but look at her. Seeing her a bit roughed up was a bit nice to Adam. He knows he shouldn't think like that but he has those thoughts. Hearing her question he looked around his surroundings and looked back with her.

"Well, yes we shouldn't stay for long. A few minutes just to stretch and let the horse rest. Then we'll be back on the horse and continue on." He said. Adam thought about his wound and sighed. He's been trained to push through the pain during sparings and such. "Do not worry about me. I'll be fine." He said.

Looking around, he takes in the area and scenery of the place. Trees for miles and sounds of nature around them. "Besides the whole running away from the Kingdom. How do you like the outside, Princess?" He asked.

She too took in the scenery. It was worth taking in after all. It was nothing like the castle grounds of her childhood. No tamed gardens or cut lawns. It was about as wild as her heart felt at the moment, reminding her that there was so much more out there!

"It is everything I imagined and more," Rosalie answered with a relieved sigh. Every glance took her breath away and she felt lucky to be experiencing it despite what was happening at home. The part of her tethered to that place was fading slowly. It would take time but if this were such a wonderful adventure then it would be a difficult task for Sir Adam to drag his princess back to her tower. "I suppose you're used to seeing places like this but it's all so very new for me. I have never been outside of the castle walls. Not even to any of the cities under my father's rule." Her shoulders slumped in defeat. If the enemy was attacking the castle, who knew if those towns and villages even stood?

"Adam..." the red-haired beauty paused for a thought. "What will happen if we do not win this war? What do you intend to do with me?"

Through all the mayhem, Adam tried not to get paranoid about the enemy. He just kept is guard up and looked around. He listened to Rosalie as she spoke her mind about the outside. He was glad that she is enjoying what nature has to offer. When she asked the question that he hasn't thought about, he started to wonder before giving an answer.

"I would stay with you. Even though the Kingdom might be gone, I would make sure you are safe." He said honestly to her. Adam turned to look at her and gave a small smile. "I am your Knight, after all."

Back
Top Bottom