Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

can'т вe ѕaved {яσgυε x яεвσяη}

Vampgema_zpsztttlnun.png
αscнε, тнε ғσяgσттεη
How he had chosen to take that was entirely wrong, and Asche felt it in his body language. But having poured her heart to him, she had next to no emotional energy left. No, he had been her saving grace… the only light in this curse. The curse… was what she had become… who she was now… not the company she kept. He’d tried to be respectful, righteous. And they would have remained on that path, but her rage in seeing him harmed was great. Death was the only punishment fitting for those who should seek to harm those she loved. But now… she’d turned him. She’d killed her human family, and turned her only companion.

How much good was truly left in her heart…?

He finally got home, a lot slower than he was at first anticipating. He'd had the entire trip to think about it and finally he moved into the house, shifting his form. He held the door open for her for a moment before walking in after her. She missed being human, as if what they were was anything less than. She didn't know just how deeply that heartfelt message was cutting him. She hated what she became, that was obvious, but ... she was what he was... a monster, she had to admit it... the more she clung onto this 'humanity' the longer she would hurt, thats when he decided to make her see him for what he really was. In a flash he grabbed her pinning her to the wall, her wrists in his hands. "Look at me."

He waited for her to do as he said. "I am not, and will never be human, and you will never return to being human, like it or not I am part of that 'curse' you deem yourself. This isn't a curse, the fact that the people around us died is unfortunate but what you have is a gift." he remained strong, but the fact was that he was insulted. "I don't care you come from a line of hunters, you're no longer part of that. If you consider it a curse, then I am leaving." He looked her straight in the eyes. "Because That would make me a curse, and you're better not having that around so you can continue playing house." He was growling softly now.

Vampgema_zpsztttlnun.png
αscнε, тнε ғσяgσттεη
Her eyes narrowed at him once he’d had her pinned. ”You take that however you want to, Damien. I murdered people I grew up with, people who had families. I burned innocent children alive. Children who looked up to me. Young girls who had stars in their eyes every time they spoke to me… every time they looked at me. I was helpless. I was weak, and their blood is on my hands. You are all I have left good in this world. And you can either condemn and abandon me for it… or you can continue being the only light I’ve got in this dark. But you will not… make me feel bad about missing them. About mourning them…” Tears had peaked in her eyes as she stared at him. He was never a part of this curse. He was the only part, the only piece of this life that saved her. She didn’t need to feed or kill because of him. She kept peace with herself.

But what she had done was what she had done and she could never undo it. She was sad… she had been for a while. But how do you approach someone that you may love to mourn the loss of a lover you’d murdered? And how do you justify murdering an entire coven in cold blood? The Alpha had nothing to do with that. That was her own desperation. To protect the only thing she had left in this world that held any meaning.

"So you're going to stand there and tell me that YOU killed them, yes? You are the one who willingly removed the life from their bodies? Asche, you're insane." he said. "It was NOT you. It wasn't this CURSE. He could have done the same fuckin shit to a human. He's powerful. you have NO idea who the fuck you're dealing with do you!?" By this time, he was heated, he was holding her tighter resisting the urge to put his fist through the wall by her head. Okay, so maybe the bloodlust was driving him a little crazy, but the martyr in her was pissing him off moreso. "You did NOT do that. You were given a gift, a gift to honor their memory." He said. "What if I had done it, killed them all, just look at what I had seen, my own son flayed open like a god damn fish, my wife laying naked and burned with silver from head to toe and my daughter and the rest of my pack staked by YOUR FAMILY, am I saying that I hate you for it, because of what YOU are? Am I declaring war on hunters? Makes me no fuckin better than them." he said. "you can wallow in your misery and not get shit done, or you can accept what you are, learn to harness the power and fucking fight back." He couldn't control his urge anymore and put his fist through the wall beside her before letting go of her and turning his back to her. He was visibly shaking as he recounted the memories of what he had just told her. He wasn't weak anymore, he had a month to mourn, and be pathetic, but it was up to him to fight back, not to let them ..."Don't let them die in vain." He said, his voice lower now.

Vampgema_zpsztttlnun.png
αscнε, тнε ғσяgσттεη
She let him rant, not bothering to flinch when he’d finally struck the wall. ”Maybe you should go feed.” She’d added lowly before moving away from him. She had no intentions of letting them die in vain. And whether or not she’d done it willingly, she was there. It was her body. Her hands… And it was her name she heard them all crying. She was well aware that she hadn’t had any control… but she also wasn’t so naïve as to believe it could have been anyone. She had been a target for a reason. The Alpha had wanted her broken, and he’d gotten what he’d wanted. And even now it felt like even Damien was eating from the palm of the Vampire Sire’s hand. What would Kyler say this point? She scoffed, making it into the bathroom, running the bathwater instantly, before shutting the door. She could already hear him.

”Kick his ass, Asche. No one controls you. No one has. No one will. Don’t do it for me, or them. Do it for you. Fight back.”

But now, more than ever, thanks to Damien’s outburst. She felt so… alone. Empty. She’d thought, at one point, that she and Damien were kindred spirits. Drawn together for a purpose so much higher than their own. But... with the things he’d said. This was no gift to honor their memory. The only gift she had that she could possibly use to honor their memory was her rage, and her rage was a deadly weapon to anyone who managed to step in the rays.

Damien had fed, he had power, he had control over it, she however was missing the big picture. He sat down on the couch with his head in his hands. The whole situation was a big, giant, fuck up. He was angry that she ruined his fun, but mostly that she was pretending that this, all of this, that it was... bad. How could something that was so much fun be so bad? He gave himself time to calm down and decided to go knock on the door but as he got closer to the door he stopped himself. She doesn't want you. A voice inside his head said. She wants the humans, once the alpha is gone, its' you that is next. He tried to push the thoughts from his mind but they seemed overwelming. What was going on, why did everything seem to fall appart so quickly. He was hurt, she was hurt, but he had to stay and protect her didn't he? Couldn't he leave? Let her go off to her alpha... and he would train on his own, he would figure it all out alone. No, he couldn't do this alone, he needed her just like she needed him. He was lost. He moved into the bedroom the two usually shared and curled up on it with his back to the door, and his eyes closed. His eyes were closed tightly, as if trying to force thoughts back that just kept resurfacing.

Vampgema_zpsztttlnun.png
αscнε, тнε ғσяgσттεη
What exactly were they going to do? Were they going to go out? Hunt down the Alpha and pray to God that the both of them had enough power combined to take him out? It wasn’t as if they could band together with other hunters, they’d never be accepted. Here she was, thinking in ‘they’s again. As if he’d want to stay. This was glorious for him. He was faster, stronger… it was exactly the best case scenario for him. And maybe it was for her as well, if she could ever do anything more than more than succumb to her grief. But who would possibly want her now? Even her saving graze seemed to be tired of her ways. Ironic, really. Things’d been so great… for a moment there.

She lowered herself into the water, wiping the blood away from her skin, almost slowly. There was a lack in the feverishness that she’d experienced the first time she’d killed. Her lips trembled, briefly before she allowed her hands to fall dead in the water.

”Fuck you…” She murmured, although it was moreso to the Alpha than anything. ”Pray to God there is nothing in this world your black heart could possibly ever love… because I am going to take it from you.. I am going to ruin you…” her voice was low, trembling. But riddled with anger.

Damien had closed his eyes and curled up on the bed to sleep, but sleep wouldn't fall to him so easily, outside he heard noises and he shifted to his wolf form as he twitched his ears around to hear. How did he not know they were following, no, he was too busy fighting with her to notice. They were at least 8, no 12... maybe more. He moved out of the house, attempting to distract them and pull them away from the house. His eyes were orange with a blue ring in the middle and he dared them to come close to him or anything he cared about. They shot him with wolvesbane and he laughed, silver, again it did nothing. A few of them started to flee, but he wouldn't let them get far. With his fast speed he took out 4 of them then blocked the way for the rest of the 8. He snarled and swished his tail. One of them attempted to try shooting him again and he shifted midair, caught it, and sent it flying back at him with enough velocity that it not only entered through his neck, it exited and penetrated through the tree behind him, droping another of the 12. "Seven left... who's next." He grinned.

"What the fuck are you!?" One of the hunters exclaimed, trying everything they knew to take him down.
"Since you're going to die soon... I'll tell you. I'm a hybrid." He said, before snapping the neck of the female that asked. One of them got away, unfortunately, but he was able to kill the others. All of this in about 50 seconds.

They couldn't catch a break, either it was them against each other, them against the world, or them against a demon god that was apparently the worlds first vampire... what else was going to be thrown at then. Damien licked his wounds that the silver and wolfsbane entered and found out that there was an interaction between the two things, when the silver and wolfsbane met, it equaled problems. He realized a couple of the wounds had both come in contact with each other. He only realized it after the fight so his adrenaline had kept him up. He was a bit away from the house as the adrenaline wore off and he found his vision blurring. 'well fuck.' he said. He could see the house in the distance, damn, he had run far. He didn't make it, he collapsed outside, his vision finally fading to black.

Vampgema_zpsztttlnun.png
αscнε, тнε ғσяgσттεη

She had been relaxing in the bath tub, letting the sorrow really sink into her skin until a headache overcame her temple. She felt pain in her shoulders, in her side. Burning... There were a number of sensations. It took her a moment to realize exactly what it was that was going on. She didn't feel his presence in the next room anymore. She felt the stress on her body, meaning that he was under duress. Eyebrows furrowed as rage rippled through her in a way she had never felt before. Why? Why did they keep coming after them?! Why were these people just incapable of leaving them alone?! With a violent jerk, she jumped from the water, sloshing it all over the floor, but not bothering to clear it up. She dressed quickly and messily before using her preternatural strength to find him, rushing to his side without a second thought.

More hunters could be seen pouring in as he was finding his way out, and all he would see was a flash of brunette curls, and a familiar scent. Asche was trembling with rage, staring at these hunters. ”You could have had such a powerful ally. You could have been on the winning team. We could have helped you. But you are so fucking stupid! You are ignorant to the world around you and what it is, what it may mean. You are raised with antiquated values that all things that are not human are bad. I was born human I was on of you. You could have made a difference! But instead… you’re going to die here.” She roared before the genocide had started, gorging herself. Although she was sure to keep a few with enough blood to sustain him.

And then the one trembling female remained. Her crimson gaze shifted. ”Go. Get the fucking message out. If you leave us the fuck alone, we’ll stay out of each other’s way. But if I so much as smell malicious intent on any of you… I will slaughter anything and everything any of you have ever loved. I know all of your secrets, your tricks, your safehouses. There is nowhere you can go where I can’t find you. Don’t be fucking stupid. Go before I change my fucking mind.”

And the girl was gone. There was no point anymore in mourning these fools. The people she loved, their memories could not be associated with these… miscreants. Uneducated. Biased. Blissfully and willfully ignorant. They had but one fate, and it was guaranteed, should they fail to stay out of her way.

She turned towards him, running a hand over his wounds. Leaning over, she pulled the wolvesbane and silver from the wound, spitting it out onto the ground and ignoring the way the edges of her mouth sizzled and blackened with burns. Once he was able to move, he would be able to feed on the paralyzed.

he couldn't feel anything, he was stupid to go out here alone, he collapsed just as Asche came out. The pain was intense and he passed out from it. It didn't take him long to wake from the paralysis. he slowly opened his eyes and looked over at her and then around him at the bodies. She helped him yet again. He was still slightly paralyzed. he looked over at Asche and sighed. "...Sorry Asche..." he said.

Vampgema_zpsztttlnun.png
αscнε, тнε ғσяgσттεη

She heard his quiet coos, but she discarded them. ”Be quiet… and be still…” He didn’t have anything to apologize for. They’d been targeted because she had committed mass genocide. And she’d done it twice now. He was just protecting them, as he always had. She continued pulling the poison from his wounds, ignoring the way that it seared, burned, and bit at her. And once that was done, she moved closer, running a claw over her wrist and holding it to his lips. ”Drink. Get your strength and go feed from some of the bodies… We need to pack up and find another place to go… We’ve got a message we need to get out. Hopefully, this will do it. But in the event that it doesn’t, we need time to lick our wounds and recover… We’re not going to be able to sensibly handle a continued barrage of mortal morons..” She murmured, almost venomously.

He took the gift she offered, willingly, lapping at the blood from her wrist gently. His strength returned and he pulled back from her, slowly getting up, helping her up also. She hadn't said she accepted his appology or anything, so it seemed like she was still mad with him. He pouted and nodded. "Alright..." He went back to the house, gathered what they needed, and quickly headed out away from the house. "Lets go underground." He said. "Literally. my family had a bunker... not a perfect place, but, good enough." He said.

Vampgema_zpsztttlnun.png
αscнε, тнε ғσяgσттεη

The move was quick, she supposed she was relatively thankful for that. However, what was beginning to bother here were the charred pieces at the edge of her mouth, cracking and scabbing over as they moved. Silver was more powerful than she’d given it credit for, but that was beyond the point. When he suggested that they go underground, she turned her gaze to him. Actually, that wouldn’t be a bad idea… Even hunters fled underground when she really hit the fan.

”That’s actually not a bad idea… but we should be quick about it, before they can really track us…” She added, slinging her bag over her shoulder.

He stopped a moment. "I know you don't want to hear it... But harness your powers. They are going to waste." He shifted to his wolf form and bolted. He was fast, he was used to being quick, but this speed was insane. You'd think a wolf could run faster than a vampire but something about them , they didn't run, they glided. Their feet almost didnt' touch the ground and it helped they didn't go around trees, but over them.

Vampgema_zpsztttlnun.png
αscнε, тнε ғσяgσттεη

She disregarded his comment. She’d already come to terms with what she’d had to come to terms with, and his rubbing her nose in it did little more but aggravate her. But she was… on edge at the moment. She’d just knowingly cast aside everything she knew, everything she was born as. And not only had she cast it aside, but she had sent a message. A message to those who might remember her, who might know who she is and what she was capable of… that she was not to be trifled with any longer. That if they could not manage to be tolerant, then they needed to manage to steer clear.

The silver in her system kept her from moving as quickly as he moved, but this wasn’t a problem. In fact, Asche had plans to build an immunity to either silver or the effects of silver on her body. Only then would the hunters find themselves unable to truly slow her down. It was an age old trick, one the hunters used to build pain tolerance and endurance over the years. And she would use that knowledge to her advantage in this life.

Damien sighed as he came up on the underground where he usually had hid out with his family. He opened the hatch and underneath it was huge, it was like a home that was teleported beneath ground. It even had running water and electricity. Everything they could want down there, they had access to. He helped her in and then moved in himself, closing and locking the hatch. From above the hatch seemed normal. like something you'd find in an area like this, below though, it was awesome. "Well, welcome home I suppose... this is one of the only safe places..." he said, looking over at her.

Vampgema_zpsztttlnun.png
αscнε, тнε ғσяgσттεη

Asche looked about, dropping her bag nearby. ”This is perfect… It’ll just take some getting used to, is all.” She shut the door behind her, glancing around once more. It was evident in her eyes that something was amiss… she was conflicted. Maybe perhaps her heart was truly broken. She’d been ingrained one way, wired that way her whole life. All of this was so different… But… maybe. She could do it with him. For him. Maybe even for the both of them.

Damen looked over at her, seeing the look in her eyes. He gently reached over, grabbed her hand and pulled her to him, pulling her down onto the couch with his arms around her. "You're not in this alone Asche." he said. "It's okay... I'm here... and I'm not going anywhere...." He stroked his hand over her hair and down her back hugging her to him. He could understand somewhat how her brain worked ,but for the most part he was completely blank on how to handle and help her, but this, this would have to do.

Vampgema_zpsztttlnun.png
αscнε, тнε ғσяgσттεη

His grip on her hand had startled her at first, causing her to look down to it before following suit with his tugs. Before long, she found herself in an embrace, body tense. But when he’d begun to speak to her, he could feel the tenseness melting away, as if she were melting into him. Those were words she hadn’t heard in a long time. Words that she wasn’t sure she’d ever heard. But it’d offered her so much more comfort than she could have ever expressed to him in words. ”Day…” She murmured softly. It seemed to have been exactly what she needed.

She pulled her feet onto the couch, curling her body into him. Her hand pressed into his chest while her other arm curled against her own chest. She closed her eyes, breathing easy for the first time in a while, although it was labored, due to the silver. She didn’t seem to care, instead relaxing completely against him. ”I know…” She whispered softly.

He stayed like that with her for what seemed to be hours before finally gently moving her off. He moved to the kitchen and started making something to eat just because he could. He still needed food, and meat was readily availible. He looked back and asked. "Want some? I know you don't 'need' it, but... just... for the fact of havin it?" he asked. He bet she missed eating... it had to be a strange thing going from a hunter to a vamp...

Vampgema_zpsztttlnun.png
αscнε, тнε ғσяgσттεη

She didn’t protest when he’d made motion to move, shifting herself so that it was easier for him to do so. And once he’d done that, she rested flat on the couch, stretching her legs out. ”Hm? No… I’m fine, thank you. I don’t have too much of an appetite right now, thank you, though. I think I’m going to just… relax…” Her mind was still spinning endlessly, but she felt much better than she had before. She curled her arms beneath her head and relaxed. He was right, it was all going to be okay… Eventually.

He finished making food for himself and then moved into the lounge to sit down with her on the couch. He lay on his back pulling her ontop of him, wrapping his arms around her. No words were needed, things were going to be fine, she and he would make it through this together, and Damien now had new resistance. Though it seemed when combining the two, he could still fall.

Vampgema_zpsztttlnun.png
αscнε, тнε ғσяgσттεη

She rested her head against his chest as he’d pulled her over onto him. Arms encircled his neck, as her forehead nestled into his neck. She felt the pulse against her skin, letting it relax her entirely. The silver coursing through her system made her achy and sick to her stomach. She leaned her head up, kissing against his flesh softly before pressing her hands to the couch on either side of his head. She leaned up, glancing down at him.

”We’re going to make it…” Leaning down, she kissed him softly. ”How do you feel…? I wasn’t thinking when I did it, I didn’t really know what it would do… I thought you were dead, that I’d killed you, too.”

Her curls fell over his chest as she hugged her arms gently around him. His arm wrapped around her lower back and he moved his head over slightly so she could move against the side of his neck. The soft caress of lips against her flesh made him shiver gently, his eyes sliding closed as he enjoyed the moment with her. Shen she moved her hands to lean up off of him. Her curls tickled his chest and he couldn't help but chuckle a little bit. He nodded to her first comment, of course they would make it. He kissed her back licking over her lips with his tongue until she pulled back and she asked him how he felt. He paused long enough for her to continue talking about thinking she had killed him. "I feel great, honestly... " He said. "I'm sorry I put us in that possition... it was stupid." He said, brushing some curls from her face. "I know you did, Hell, I thought I had died. But the feeling of having both of these... bloodlines... pulsing in me... it's ecstatic... honestly." He said. "I wish you could feel this power." he paused. "And how about you, you swallowed a lot of that silver... Are you alright?" He asked, worried for her as much as she was for him.

Vampgema_zpsztttlnun.png
αscнε, тнε ғσяgσттεη

His tongue tracing over her lips was appealing in itself. When he’d mentioned the silver, she shook her head a bit. ”I’m building a tolerance, this is a good thing. It’s an old hunting trick, old as time. It’s how we learn to hunt through injuries and pain. I’ll be doing this periodically, in the long run, it will be worth it…” She told him, shifting a bit further up. Her hips were flush against his own, her eyes studying his features. Through all of this, she’d nearly forgotten how attractive he was. Now, in this moment of silence, it was more than obvious. She lowered herself back down against his chest, arms encircling his neck once more as she relaxed against him. ”Well, I guess that kind of works in our favor. No one ever thought hybrids were even possible… If you’re as powerful as you seem, as you say you feel… that’ll be good for us in the long run.” She closed her eyes, sighing softly as she relaxed. Fingers toyed through his hair.

Back
Top Bottom