Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

My Treasure for a Dame (Cold Chaos X The Deviant)

Coldchaos

Star
November 13, 3021, in the good old city of Elizabeth, New Jersey. It's a cold autumn evening, rain pouring down on these sad streets. Hover cars, made the rain splash all around the easy streets. Neon lights around the club scene tell travelers that good times are in store...but inside, all you can hear is the sad sax from a smooth jazz musician. Almost like this cat was calling down the rain itself. His sadness spread, like an infection around the block.

Our story takes place across the street from this music hall, to a private dick by the name of Derek Sterling. Derek was a regular gumshoe, working for the force. One too many cases going cold caused the man to go solo, solving the worlds problems, one bottle of scotch at a time. Back before that, Derek tried solving problems another way, by joining the army. During one nasty station, he lost his arm and leg to a thermal grenade. After coming home with his augmented prosthetic limbs, he's known on the mean streets as Derek Sterling: The Cybernetic Detective.

It was cold in Derek's office, colder then the hospital morgue. He liked it cold in his office, the heat made his joints uncomfortable. Derek was enjoying a nice glass of bourbon, as he scratched at the fuzz under his chin. He looked around his office, the place was a classic mess. Papers from old cases littered the place, filing cabinets shoved against opposite walls of the office. The cabinets were filled to burst with papers detailing old clients, suspects, missing persons papers, bounty listings, half of which were stolen from the NJPD. The room fan spun back and forth around Derek's desk, keeping a cool breeze on the detective.

On his desk was what you'd expect from a sad case like Derek. A small computer monitor, complete with a terrible lime green filter. A photo of an old partner that isn't with us, a shot glass of alcohol, and a 44. Laser Magnum. It was a large handgun, capable of launching bursts that blast a hole big enough for your fist. This kind of gun heats up like you wouldn't believe. To counter that, the gun uses 6 cooling tabs that cycle into the barrel. Just one shot from this bad boy was enough to burn up one tab. Derek had this handy, in case someone...unsavory came into his office. Just as he was ready to enjoy his drink, Derek hears a knock coming from his office door. He checks the computer for his camera feed set outside the place to see who it could be. The figure is a dame, and a nice looking one at that. Derek leans back onto his office chair as he shouts "Come in" to the woman.

A tall curvy woman steps into his office, clutching a trenchcoat tightly around her shapely form with one hand and holding a black umbrella with the other. She sighs as she shuts the door behind her, closing her umbrella and dropping her coat to reveal a form fitting red dress that matches her lipstick. Icy blue eyes dart around his office as she moves towards his desk with a graceful sway in her hips.

"Detective Sterling, I presume?" she asks in a smooth, soft voice. She leans against his desk and pulls a pack of cigarettes and a lighter from her cleavage, lighting up as she looks around a bit more. "I need your help with something. My father passed away recently, and his will is hidden somewhere in our old family home. I need to find it before my oldest brother squanders our family fortune away." She takes a long drag and blows the smoke out. "You'll be paid handsomely, I assure you. I'm sure you're a very busy man..." Her voice trailed off as she gave him a onceover, full red lips turning up in a seductive smirk. "But I'd be happy to offer some of my services as well in exchange for this favor."

The detective leaned back in his chair, looking up and down the woman's form. These were the kind of woman Derek loved, sly as a fox, but deadly like a viper. The man has been around this block before, after a good nights sleep, she'd turn a gun on you before asking for seconds. Derek took a deep breath, taking in the fumes of lady's cigarette, menthol assaulting his nostrils. The real mystery wasn't the location of the will, but if this woman could be trusted...

Derek moved forward in his chair, placing his hands in an arch position. He rested his chiseled jaw on top of the structure of flesh and metal, clearing his throat to speak. "It sounds like you've seen one too many crime dramas, lady. You can sling those words all you want, but it's going to take more then that to catch my services." The stern detective arose from his chair, and stepped towards the window, keeping an eye on the woman sitting at his desk. "I'll take %25 of the reward money up front, so I can see what you consider "handsomely". If it's enough to pique my interest, then I might help you with the old man's will." He leaned against the wall, holding himself up with his cyborg leg. "It might help me care about this case if you could tell me your name ma'am."

The woman chuckled and turned her back to him, slowly bending over to pick up her trenchcoat. She took a wad of cash out of a pocket and straightened, moving towards him. "I assumed you'd say something like that. Twenty-five grand," she said as she handed him the money. "There may even be a bonus if all goes well."

She flipped her ebony curls behind her shoulder and flashed him a winning smile. "Knight. Juniper Knight. You may have heard of my father."

Derek whistled at the wad of cash, it was obvious she really needed his help. Looking deep into her eyes, Derek knew this will was worth some real money. He tried to remember the last name Knight, it seemed all too familiar. Sadly, in Derek's line of work, you have to save mental space for your worst enemies. "Alright Ms. Knight, you know how to sweet talk this detective." Derek looked over the money, it seemed real enough. "Let's start by looking around the old mans place. You can tell me any info that could help along the way. I wanna know if he said anything suspicious before he died, who his most trusted associates are, what his favorite hiding places are, anything that might stick out." The old detective grabbed his coat, draped across his desk chair. He holstered his gun, after placing the money on his desk. "We'll take my car, let's ride."

Juniper smirked and donned her trenchcoat once again, picking up her umbrella and stepping across the threshold before opening it. She let the detective lead her to his car and open her door for her before she gracefully slid into the passenger's seat, tucking her closed umbrella under the seat.

"My father was always a very secretive man, throughout my childhood even. I was never allowed to leave my room when he had associates or employees over. Once a man entered my room by mistake trying to find my father, who became uncharacteristically angry, and I never saw the man again. All I really know is that he spent most of his time in his study, which my siblings and I were never allowed into. My brother and I tried to go in after he died, and my youngest sister became hysterical. She's staying with her fiance until the funeral, so we can look there first," she explained, crossing her shapely legs as she watched the rain outside.

"It sounds to me like your old man was into some dirt." Derek commented on Juniper's story, as he weaved in and out of traffic. "That study has to hold the clues we're looking for. No honest man would put that kind of restriction on there kids." Not long after, the two made it to the old house. It was a two story home, the kind you'd see every nuclear family own. The white paint at the front was chipped off, with holes darted across the wood. The grass was so unkempt, you wouldn't be surprised if something was going to pop out. The mail box said Knight, letting Derek know he was at the right place. "Try to keep the nostalgia to a minimum" Derek said to Juniper, as they climbed up the steps to the front door. "You got a key for the place?" he asked as they stood in front of the white door. Derek noticed brass knob was coated with rain, as he looked at his warped reflection.

Juniper took a bobby pin out of her hair and a small tool out of her pocket, using it to hold the keyhole open while she moved the bobby pin back and forth until the lock clicked. She opened the door and gave Derek a sly smile as she slipped inside.

The house had been in disrepair for quite some time, her father having fired all of the housekeepers and gardeners long before his illness took a turn for the worse. However, she and her siblings had managed to keep the inside of the house fairly presentable - or face their father's wrath every time he finally got out of bed. Paintings and photographs hung on the dark walls, some of them covered in a thick lair of dust. One particularly spotless photo depicted the family, apparently years ago. All of them wore solemn expressions, even the youngest girl, who at the time couldn't have been more than seven. Juniper and her siblings shared their black hair and freckles, which had clearly come from her father, but Juniper was the only tan one with blue eyes. The woman in the photo was as pale as the rest of the family, with black eyes and a stern face.

"I assure you, nostalgia won't be an issue," Juniper stated firmly as she continued down the hall and up a flight of creaking whitewashed stairs.

Derek chuckled as Juniper led him into the house, the case was getting better by the minute.

"You don't seem to have the fondest memories with your father." The detective said to his client, as he looked at all the old photos of the family together.

He followed her up the dark stairs, the floor boards creaked with each step. The rooms in the hallway were covered by darkness, the only illumination came from the lightning in the storm. Derek wondered what kind of work this man was doing to lead a life like this. "Can I ask what your mother is doing during all this?" He had a feeling he already knew what the answer was going to be, but it was worth trying to get all the information he could out of Juniper.

Juniper visibly winced at the mention of her mother, shaking it off and continuing up the stairs. "Gone," she said simply, clearly unwilling to go any further into detail at this time. They reached the second floor and she led him to a pristine white door, once again picking the lock before opening it to reveal her father's study.

Every inch of the walls that wasn't hidden by bookcases was rather covered with maps and ancient tapestries, most of which depicting historical warfare and massacres. The heavy black curtains that normally prevented any light from entering were pulled back, rain still falling hard on the glass as the moon and stars and each flash of lightning were their only illumination. "Hm. Can't say I expected any different," she muttered as she approached his old mahogany desk and began rustling through his papers.

"The old man must have been a real history buff." Derek muttered to Juniper as he moved around the piles of papers littering the floor. He shuddered at the images of war around the room, his joints aching at the thoughts to his past. Derek began pulling dusty books off of the shelves. "We may have to turn this room upside down if we want to find that will."

Detective's intuition says that most secrets are hidden by the book case. Sure it seemed like it came right out of crime drama, but Derek's intuition never steered him wrong before. He planned on pulling all the books off the old case, if no secret passage opened up, he'd look behind the dang thing for this will. "So no one was allowed in here? A guy like him must have had a few lady friends in here. Seems like a nice, secluded, spot to get busy."

"Oh, we know he did," Juniper replied with a hint of venom in her tone. She began searching through drawers, paying hardly any attention to the detective behind her as she bent over to get a closer look.

"He had no regard for... our mother," she muttered as she rummaged through the drawers unceremoniously, tossing things aside in her rage-fueled search. "No regard for us either. We were merely souvenirs from his escapades, every one of us. The only one he seemed to care for at all was little Amalthea, the youngest. The two of them were very close, by his standards at least."

"I got it, you have some issues with the old man." Derek reassured Juniper, while searching through the books. "It's too late for you to start stripping, so you'll have to get back at daddy some other way. You can pay for a psychiatrist once this thing blows over." Derek had heard these kinds of stories before. It was best to stick to his work, and leave the drama to the clients.

The books didn't have anything hidden, so it seemed like the shelf was the only thing left. It was much too big for Derek to move on it's own, even with all the books taken off. He was only able to rotate it, just a smidgen. Looking deep in the opening he made, he could see something hanging in the darkness. It was too dark to see what it said, but Derek could tell it was some kind of parchment. "Either I found your dad's favorite pin up, or it's some kind of clue. Help me move this thing to the side, would ya."

Juniper scoffed and moved towards the bookcase, moving it away from the wall with ease. "You'll show respect when you talk to me," she ordered, icy blue eyes flashing as she glared up at him. She slipped behind the bookcase and into the secret opening, gazing up at the parchment. It appeared to be a map of their home, with a red X over the study where they were standing and an inverted V in the middle of her sister Amalthea's bedroom.

"Son of a bitch," she muttered as she looked around the opening for anything else. "We need to rest before we go any further. I underestimated the lengths that bastard would go to to cling to his fortune, even in death."

Derek was confused about the whole ordeal. "You mean to tell me you know what this means?" The detective took a look at the map, wondering what the V could mean. "Alright, if we're going to rest, it'd be best if we stuck together. We can pick things up faster if we're already so close."

Derek wasn't too keen on sleeping in the abandoned home of a dead man, so he suggested a change of scene for the night. "Why don't I have you stay the night at my place? I've got some drinks, and you can shed a bit more light on this mystery." He was fully invested in this case, there had to be something worth a lot of money at the end of this road.

She eyed him suspiciously from a moment before nodding in agreement. "Fair enough. If we're going to talk a walk down memory lane, I'll need a few drinks anyway, and my brother's already cleaned out the liquor cabinet."

Juniper slipped out of the secret opening and exited the study with haste, making her way down the stairs as she explained. "Father was always very intrigued by archaeology, and he loved his mysteries. You may have noticed while clearing the bookshelf that he was an avid fan of Agatha Christie. It looks like he wants to send us on a little expedition, for his own posthumous amusement. Assuming he knew we'd be after the will, that must be what's hidden somewhere in or beneath my sister's room." She held the door open as the two of them exited the house, keeping to his side to protect his cybernetic hand from the rain. "The floor in the hidden compartment didn't feel too sturdy, my guess is he already did the digging for us, but we'll need lights and other supplies."

Derek drove the lady to his apartment, it was just down the road from his office. It was a real swanky place, fine white carpeting, a mini bar placed under the TV, just across from that was a fine, white, leather couch. Derek removed his coat, tie, and vest, placing them at the coat rack by the door.

"You can place your things on the rack as well. What can I get ya to drink?" He called to Juniper as he moved to the kitchen. The counter top was made of marble, it shined with the kitchen lights glowing over them. From the upper cabinets, he pulled down a glass, and a bottle of whiskey for himself. He grabbed an ice bucket out of the freezer, placing three cubes in the glass before filling it with the hearty drink. Derek took a nice sip of his drink as he waited for Juniper's response.

Juniper removed her coat and shoes, leaving them by the rack before sitting down on his couch. "Whiskey and coke, if you have it," she called back as she looked around. "Nice place you have here. Detective work must be treating you well." She crossed her legs and looked up at him, her eyes weary. "Thank you for agreeing to help me."

Derek grabbed another glass, dropping another round of cubes into it. Grabbing a Coke fro the fridge, he mixed the drink for his lovely guest. "Eh, it comes with all work you have to do as a private detective. People pay well for my services." He loved bragging about his home, it made him feel like a big shot. "I'll be honest, it was that charm of yours that got me into this case." The detective relaxed on the couch with Juniper, handing her the drink with his cybernetic arm. "Sure, you're a beautiful woman, but I see a bit more to you. I see a bit of myself." He leaned back on the arm of the couch, as he looked Juniper in her blue eyes.

She smirked as he handed her the drink, taking a swig and sighing in what seemed like relief. Her face flushed slightly at his compliment. "Well, thank you, detective. You're quite the looker yourself." She looked him over again, eyes lingering on his cybernetic arm. "Does... Does it hurt still? Like, when you move it?"

He chuckled at the question, someone always has to ask about the arm. Derek was used to it by now, he's had it for a good number of years. "No, I've been through physical therapy. It moves like the real thing. It gets a little uncomfortable in the wrong weather, but this bad boy has been with my through thick and thin." The detective reminisced about his cases with the arm, as he watched it move around. He took another swig of his drink. "Let me tell you, the ladies were not too keen on it when I first got it. I think I've gotten the subtly down now. It takes more then some facial hair and a gun to make a man. It's all about your tender side."

Juniper took another sip and gave the man a soft smile, reaching forward and tenderly brushing her fingertips over his prosthetic hand. "Well, I'd love to see your tender side," she murmured as she moved closer to him, wrapping her soft warm hand around his cybernetic one. "If you're comfortable with me, that is."

Derek took one more sip of his drink, placing his glass down on the coffee table. "I'm always comfortable with a lovely lady." He stroked his metal arm on Junipers warm cheek, giving her a soft smile as he looked up and down her body. Derek used his real arm to undo the first three buttons on his work shirt, his hardened pectorals could be seen from his open shirt.

Juniper licked her lips and leaned into his touch, guiding his hand behind her to the zipper of her dress. She downed the rest of her drink and placed her glass on the table next to his, moving her legs up and across his lap. "I have a feeling you're about to earn that bonus, detective," she purred teasingly, sliding her hand down his torso and marveling in the way his muscles flexed beneath her touch.

Derek unzipped Juniper's lovely red dress, leaning away so he could watch gravity take it's course. His cock began to bulge, as she felt around his chest. "It feel's like it's going to be a good reward." He bit his lip as he looked around her body. His real arm moved up and down her thigh, splayed across his lap.

Back
Top Bottom