Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

I'm a Believer (Wolvenrogue and Darkness)

wolvenrogue

Singularity
Supporter
Jason was a businessman, pure and simple ,and a very skilled techy. He had skills and a good sense of what sells. With the Rash of "monster hunter" shows on reality TV, his SQUATCH WATCH Services was doing a great business. For a substantial fee, would be hunters were treated to the best in technology and creature comfort as they pursued "SQUATCH" werever they seemed to think he was. His highly customized RV was a monster. 40 ft long, articulated and equipped with 6 wheel drive and highpower quiet diesel technology it would go anywhere. Add to that the state -of- the -art electronics, cameras infra-red, UV, EMF, and EMG detectors and his clients were drooling before they even left the lot. The rig was trailored to the trail head on a flatbed and then from there it was simply unstoppable. The rig was also a small 5 star hotel, and included luxury accomodations for 6 and full kitchen.

After 4 years chasing something he didn't believe existed and never really found, Jason had made his fortune, and could have simply retired. It was the end of the season, and he decided to take his rig out into the great Mistwood forest for a bit peace and quiet, without having to cater to prema donna clients. He took the big rig two hours into the woods and parked. Out of habit he turned on the detectors before going back to the kitchen to start fixing himself a steak. He had just started cutting veggies when all hell broke loose in the control room at the front of the vehicle. He ran forward, hoping it was not another Grizzly Bear. The last one had done almost a thousand dollars in damage to the RV's custom paint. When he sat down at the console he started analyzing the threat. He was now in full alert mode. A quick scan of the video cameras showed nothing , but emf , emg, and radiation detectors were all indicating a large mass approaching about 20 yards out. Ultrasonic motion detectors confirmed the range and put the mass at 50-60 kilograms and velocity at just over 1 meter per second. He opened the computer species analysis application and the results came back mammalian female. "A woman???" he wondered aloud. "Out here?" he was easily 5 days hike over rough terrain from the nearest road. He waited and though the mass was now just 10 ft away, he could see nothing on the video. Then just as suddenly as it had begun the alarms fell silent. It simply dissapared. He cautiously openened the door and looked in the direction where he should have seen it. He was alone.

She floated above in the tree, her spirit form hiding her from most of the tech and visuals that the hunters used, "oh close," she thought as she floated down to the ground, behind a tree, and took a silver fox form. Knowing know what he was she had to know why he was here, some of the hinters like him posed harm to her, so she began scouting. She tried to track down his cameras and any other tech he may have positioned out into the woods to get a feel for his safety bubble.

As he closed the door, the ultrasonic detector sounded and looking at the monitors he saw the silver fox roaming about. It was curious. He wondered just how that fox had approached with out detection. He would find out after his dinner. His stomach was growling now, andtheir seemed no immenent threat. Just the same he left the control room on full alert status and locked the door. H returned to the kitchen and resumed his cooking. He tossed the steak on the grill and turned on the vent.

As he sat eating he began to wonder, That fox had left even with the smell of cooking meat. It was odd, very odd.

She sat and watched, just at the edge of the clearing, curious of the mans ideas and motives. She had decided she would watch him, so in her fox form she would do just that, sit and wait, seeing if he did anything odd or dangerous. Typically men like him were safe, they just wanted some pictures or proof then they would leave, but she enjoyed making that hard.

Jason felt very secure in the big RV, being armored it would stop even a grizzly, so being here to just relax. He watched the fox's signature on his monitor, but it was only a curiosity because its behavior was so odd. It didn't behave like a fox, though it certainly was one. He was curious, but had time to wait. He slept soundly that night but let the equipment log the strange fox's behavior. The next morning over coffee he reviewed the logs and found a strange anomaly. The fox would just disappear randomly. It didn't run off. It just showed up somewhere else every now and then. He ran diagnostics on the equipment. It was working perfectly. What was going on here. He decided on a hike. He packed a day bag and his .357 and headed out to look around. You never went anywhere with out a gun in this territory.

She watched him from the bush as he left his home, she knew that he was looking FM's something, though probably not something specific. She followed him using her purple butterfly form, always just out of sight to his right, floating between trees and rocks, and once she knew he saw her she would tease him. Floating behind a tree she would appear to his left moments later.

As he walked, he was keenly aware of the woods around him. A trained observer, he listened carefully and made a full-time 360 degree video record of the walk taken by an HD camera mounted in his hat. That purple butterfly was odd. Not only was it an unknown species (Jason was a Lepidopterist and knew all the known north american species) but it was clearly following him. He tested this when he first noticed it. First he would walk one direction the another. though it delayed and hid, it always followed him. Whatever was going on with these strange creatures, behaviorally, the acted with far more intelligence than their peers. Jason was becoming suspicious. He headed back to the RV. He had research to do.

As she followed him she could tell he was aware of her intelligence and smiled, on the inside, knowing that he was curious and confused to some degree. She didn't see him as a threat and so allowing him to study her or research her was something she would entertain. Dissapearing into a tree as he went back to the RV she assumed a fox form once again to follow.

About an hour passed until a shrill cry, almost human like, split through the forest, not far from the RV. The noise came from the silver fox who had gotten its leg trapped in a bear trap, an old trap cover in leaves left by a hunter and forgotten long before.

In the RV, alarms sounded. Jason went to monitors was struggling with something. Jason took his gun and went out to investigate. It didn't take long to find the poor animal stuck in a bear trap and wailing. The call was very strange. Jason was hesitant freeing a trapped animal is dangerous, you can get bit or stuck in the trap yourself. Out here with no help, that could be deadly. He took out his back pack and got out a tranquilizer he carried. The dart was to powerful to use, but he could use the syringe. He gave the fox a small dose, and waited for it to take effect. Once the fox slept, her took a tree branch and carefully pried open the old steel trap. The leg was badly damaged. He brought the fox in the trailer and put it in a dog cage he kept and waited for it to recover . Then he would see if it could walk.

It was several hours later as she opened and looked around slowly and then turned to look at him, staring as if debating something. After a few a sigh escaped the foxes lips as it slowly changed into a butterfly and weakly flew through the cage gaps and landed on his couch. Pacing around it soon turned toward the monitors as it soon changed form back to the fox and curled up with another yawn.

Jason sat there dumbfounded. "Can you speak? a...ah English I mean" It seemed a stupid question, but then given what had just happened, why not. He waited for an answer before asking any more questions. He just sat there staring, then he examined the foxes leg. It was fully healed or perhaps reformed. He wondered to himself why the ox hadn't just reformed to escape the trap. He had so many questions and so few answers.

She turned to him and shuffled a paw as she sat up and looked at him, "OK OK I'll stop playing with you," she said as she took a humanoid form and sat on the couch, "Call my Nylea, spirit of the forest here," she said, "and you are?"

Now that she was normal sized he could see a deep scar on her leg where the trap was, while healed it still was clear her leg was injured.

Well if you can read, it is all over my truck . I am Jason Wells and a run a Sasquatch search service. Do you know what Sasquatch is? He looked over her form. "What exactly are you right now? Are you actually human?" You look basically human. How do you do that?" The scientist in him was kicking in. "I'm just here for a bit of relaxation. to get away from civilization."

She chuckled, "No I can't read, not human that is, I can read the picture words that tribes used to use back in the day," she said and thought, "I'm Humaniod but not actually a human, I am real," she said gently holding his wrist, "see," she chuckled, "what I am is hard to explain, to the tribes I was a goddess, to humans I'm a myth, and to poachers I'm a nightmare," she said, "but I'm a nature elemental dryad, like a magical being."

She then chuckled, "I have heard about squatch when I stalk other humans like you,"

"Is squatch real? I have never really believed it was." When she touched him, he asked " may I touch your skin? or are those clothes like mine? " he wasn't sure she would understanding what he was asking. "You are very beautiful. No one is even going to believe you exist, but you can hardly be trapped. not that I want to. "

She smiled, "most of it is my skin, the leafy parts are more of a covering, I have found human act oddly when I appear natural to then," she chuckled and looked out her window, "if you wish I can stay in the RV with you since I am still close to the forest," she said warmly, "but I will not leave my forest,"

"'m not here to capture you. Come and go as you please. I brought you here because you were hurt. " Which is your natural form? have other human's seen you?"

"Because I can. It is quiet here, just the forest and its creatures, no customers requiring attention. I do what I care to. You are a special treat. Something I could only dream about. Are you unique or are there more of you? How did you come about? Do you understand pleasure? what do you do to get it?" This was the strangest conversation he had ever had in his life.

She smiled, "I'm unique, I'm not sure how I came about though," she said thinking back, "I just kind of..existed all of a sudden," she said, "my presumption is that I died and was reborn as this, maybe a huntress in a past life" she said and chuckled, "I can be pleasured but it isn't a drive like a human has so I tend to not have to persu it," she said simply, "but with my anatomy being that of a female, well you know how I can take care of it,"

Jason sat next to her. He wanted to explore her, to know more about her, he wondered if she was as curious about him. "May I touch you?" he asked her. Touch me if you like. He waited for her to answer or respond before touching her, he didn't want to abuse her.

"If you wish," she said with a warn smile, "In very similar to a human female in many ways, so don't be surprised at what you find or feel," she said warmly, "and no I'm fine, I know what a male looks like," she said warmly.

Without getting intimate he explored the diffenet types of skin she had. The color and texture variation was very interesting. Because so much of her skin had a green hue, he wonderd if she was photo synthetic, or if she even knew. "Do you have to eat ?" he finally asked, "or are you nourished by the sun? Since there is only one of you , do you have any idea if you are fertile ? Can you successfully bread with humans? " It almost seemed a rediculous questtion, and not something he really expected her to answer. He didn't imagine he had ever tried.

She thought about what he asked for a bit before replying, "hmm, I mean maybe I'm nourished by the sun, I mean I know i never have to eat to live, but I'm not sure if the sun actually aids me," she explained, "I honestly know very little more then you do about myself," she chuckled, "And I'm really not sure about fertility, never tried with human, I know i cannot breed with animals though, have had a few encounters to aid some male animals,"

"What will happen to this forest if you die? Have you thought about that at all? Who would take care of it? Is that something that is even possible?" he was full of questions, but then she was such a unique creature. "You realize I could study you for a very long time if you don't lose patience with me. Why don't I turn on my instruments and we'll take a walk and see how our scan's differ. " Then it occurred to him his clothing might effect the result. He got undressed except for his shoes and finally said, "lets go for a walk. ."

Back
Top Bottom