Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Nova

Status
Not open for further replies.

AkityMH

Super-Earth
The world of Nova is one born out of chaos, much how anything starts. Long ago there was endless nothing and chaos, and eventually order came. There were forests, mountains, rivers, seas, plains, deserts, tundra and other places that were dangerous as they were regal.

This world was full of many strange, fantastic things. Animals lived everywhere, familiar and exotic. You could walk into the forest and find a deer, or a wolf... Or maybe something you can't quite explain.
Of course, there were humans as well, but there was also so much more in this world. Out there in the untamed wild there were things such as dragons and demons stalking unfortunate individuals in most cases. It wasn't strange to see an elf along the road, or something completely out of this world. Nova was full all sorts of odds and ends.

Settled below a mountain range sat one very large town, which really was more like a small city. This town was known as Polsworth, and don't ask why that is, for no one actually knows who named it that and why. Polsworth was just Polsworth, and it was a fine enough place. It acted much as a central hub for those who went off to places of interest. In any direction there was usually something to travel to.
The mountain range for example, overshadowing from the west, was in itself a place to go to if someone flat out dared to brave such a climb. Beyond that was a lush, tropical forest.
The east, a dry shrub land. The north had plains, and there were some forests too. Rivers were all around thanks to the ice atop the mountains always melting. To the south there was nothing but grassland.
Polsworth was always bustling with people, resident or otherwise. It saw all matter of shapes and sizes from whoever came and went, though, for better or worse...

Aladron Flew to the mountains above the town and landed hidden behind some rocks and trees. Focusing on his wings and horns, he transformed them into more suitable attire and a couple longswords. Next using a nearby pool of water he changed his coloration into that of a "normal" human. No need to startle the local folk he was here to work to see where people were headed off to and to get hired on. Aladron hoped for adventure and excitement after all that was what he fed off of. If nothing else he hoped to hone his skills into something more focused and advantageous to his clan.

Finally satisfied he appeared as a normal albeit attractive human Aladron set off to Polsworth on foot.

The vessel was small, but effective; run by anywhere from a single man to no larger a crew than seven or eight individuals it could carry cargo of varying sizes for vast distances. He owned it, maintained it, and piloted it like an ace; and now as many times in the past it was brought to land safely at the docks of Polsworth. Twin propellers slowly closed themselves and hid back into the hull, the sails having settled as wings moved to position themselves as sails and soon the ship was in the water gently moving to one of the docks. For all purposes it looked like a beautiful sail boat, yet as the hull opened and a metallic plank descended it was obviously more.

Four people in military uniforms started to wander down the plank, between them a man bound in various chains and enchantments. Not far behind three others left, a rambunctious girl darting past the military men and darting into the crowds ready to play, a more suave young man took his stride, bowing to the third man before vanishing into the crowd. The last, followed after the armed men, until they came to a halt at the embassy building.

“Thank you for your assistance.” one of the men spoke, offering a small salute. The elf merely nodded, bowing in a somewhat flashy manner before raising his head. "The payment is already in my account correct? I will need to start working on the repairs to Eloise, pay the two whom helped us, and take care of my own debts.”

The man merely nodded, and the elf offered a smile before bowing once more. "Then, until next time Lieutenant" He took no time in heading to the guild halls to accept his payment, sending what was required to the pair whom helped with catching the wanted pirate. That finished he set up repairs to his ship, then started towards the nearest pub. He needed a break, and hoped his next mission wouldn’t be so taxing, at least where in the company present was involved.

((hope this works. Let me know otherwise : ) ))

Each footstep made the ground shake for anything ten feet as the big creature walked downhill along the trail. While the tail dragged, it swayed, not so heavy that it was a burden.
Grank was an immense, big, burly creature that most people tended to avoid if they could afford it. Luckily that was easy to do, since he lived in the craggy rocks at the foot of the mountain. That was on most days, but today, the big dragon was making his way to Polsworth with a great, big pack tied around his chest full of all sorts of things from crude gems, to weapons, and a lot of other odds and ends which amounted to a small sum of some sort.

Now, Grank had lived near Polsworth for many years now, so he wasn't exactly a surprise for the town. That didn't stop residents and guards from being mindful of him. A dragon, no matter how petty, was still a dragon. If Grank wanted, he could probably rip down a building before being subdued and take many lives.

No one really knew what Grank was like though, and really, Grank preferred it that way! Annoying little pests, always causing him trouble at the drop of a hat. The thought of dealing with the crowds made him snort loudly. He wasn't looking forward to it, especially when the town seemed awfully busy today. Grand...

Aladron entered the city through a poorly watched gate and walked into the bussing marketplace. He loved the smells and noise of crowds so many people jostling each other. As he walks through he keeps his money pouch tied to his wrist and resting in his hand. Not giving a pickpocket the chance to steal from him he enjoys everything the market has to offer.

As time passes Aladron believes it it time to get down to business he goes to the town hall being unfamiliar with the region he wants to ensure he broke/brakes no local laws. He familiarizes himself on everything from local dress, and morality to how to go about finding work as a mercenary/adventurer. He then sees about getting a gate pass and applying for citizenship for the time being.

As the day turns to night he goes tot he local inn for a drink and a room.

It didn't take long for Alex to settle into the pub; he ordered a bottle of chilled wine and a bowl of their beef stew. Sitting alone in one of the more hidden tables he ate and drank, watching the crowd; listening to the gossip. He enjoyed learning the people, but he also enjoyed having a sense of solitude.

His eyes raise when a newcomer enters, head tilting for a moment before he again turns his attention to his meal. Many men and women come and go; some quite lovely others not so much; this particular male was one that fit to his radar, yet he knows better than to push any buttons. Instead, he gazes towards him from time to time, hoping to catch his eye if for no other reason than to strike a conversation.

All the while, he sips his wine; a sense of suave and mild sophistication within his movements. Perhaps, these are leftovers of his past, or just what makes him; himself.

Grank walked up to the gate entrance to the town, which two guards stood just outside it to keep an eye on things. Now, they were use to Grank, but it was clear they were nervous when the big dragon came stomping past them.
Everyone made way for the big brute, hurrying out of his path so they don't get stepped on or something. They had to be wary of his tail too, which occasionally would sway around. When it came down to it, though, the streets simply a bit too narrow for him in most cases. Sometimes he was too tall! More than one occasion he had to duck his head or move to the side to avoid a hang-over sign, or something else.
This is what Grank disliked about this. This place was far too small for him. Would it hurt to make things so they accommodated him? He seen taller things walk in the streets besides humans.

One big step later during his thoughts, and Grank ended up crushing something made of wood. What it was, Grank could not tell after it been reduced to splinters. The seller of the item though came out, barking at the dragon. "You clumsy beast! I hope you plan to pay for that!"
Grant just grunted. "Accidents happen."
"Oh, accidents happen! I see how it is! You don't care do you? You know how hard it is to sell furniture for me?"
"You want to talk difficult selling? Try gathering scrap and things for a living." Grank was irritated, but level headed.
"I demand compensation!"
Oh what Grank would give to just step on him or something... Slowly he reached into the satchel on his back, rummaging through it.. and pulled out a unpolished ruby. He dropped it on the ground in front of the man and kept walking on, ignoring the mans further words as he went about his day.

OOC I'm sooo nervous, but here goes.

Fay walked toward the town of Polesworth with her twin. She hoped they could find a way to get the diamond out, but to be honest she wasn't expecting much. Nothing had gotten it out for as long as they were alive then had been turned. Not for the first time she wondered where their sire had gone. She knew or thought she did. That's how she had gotten Oath. She glanced over at Felix. At least she had him. She didn't want to be without him. She smiled then.

OOC Fuu sorry if the start isn't that good.

OOC: it is good! no worries!

Felix kept walking they had camped on the outskirts the night before now the approuched the gates with the gaurds. When Fay looked to him, he looked to her at the same time. The smile made him smile back. At least they were in this together. They had a reason for coming here, goal. But would they find it?

Questions, questions. Felix or what he liked to be called Lex flinched at the sound of a huge crack noise like a hundred pieces of wood breaking. What the hell?? He did not speak just got a little more alert as the were at the gates of Polsworth.

Would they be stopped? forbade to enter? He stopped looking to the guards, "Good evening, uh we are travelers wanting entery into your city," taking a step back, the male bowed lightly black hair casting over his face in the dipped motion for a moment. Hellos their sire had been sure to teach them of their etiquette.

Fay didn't jump either just flinched a little startled. She bowed too smiling. "May we come in?" she asked straightening. The guard sized them up before opening the gate and allowing them in.
"Go ahead." he muttered.

OOC Thanks.

Not wanting to waste any more of their time or minds to be changed, Felix walked through with a word of thanks. Walking a bit he looked around in awe. It was a magnificent city. His boots crunched along the path/street as he went with no real direction, "Never seen anything like this before, moon." It was a nickname due to the grayish silver color of his sisters eyes. He kept his voice quietly leveled yet his excitement was in his body langauge and golden eyes the flick of adventure.

@AkityMH

@ooAkemioo

@lilithsboy

Feel free to interact with us :3

Fay's eyes took in the sight. "Wow." her voice was hushed, but filled with wonder and aww. "It's I don't know how to describe it." she said her eyes still roaming over everything.

Yeah!

"Yeah, I don't think my vocab stretches that far, though you think it would since Hellos would drill us with word lessons." a bittersweet tinge and taste whenever he spoke of the male. Maybe someone here know of him? He was an old vampire well traveled, "Getting late...." where to set up camp? They had no currency for lodge.

Grank, still carrying himself along, turned the corner as to where the siblings were coming down. He didn't take much notice to them, at least no better or worse than any other individuals on the street.

Aladron raises an eyebrow at the elf that keeps looking at him... Eventually going over and taking a seat uninvited. Everything okay Mr....?

Grank, may have not taken notice them but how could anyone miss the gaint dragon coming down the street? Felix just watched a long moment mouth lightly agape as his golden eyes grew wider, but not with fear. Rather, a boyish wonder the kind he had when younger flipping through pictured fantasy books looking at pictures of dragons and daydreaming adventures among them.

He was frankly a bit star struck never seeing one before now. "wow." came the astounded mutter then the urge to touch.

Yes, Lex just had to touch the huge scally creature just to make sure it was real. Before he knew it, he was stiding away from Fay and towards Grank. He stood watching the dragon go by his golden gaze watching the tail as it slithered along. Squatting down, a hand reached down and patted at the tail.

Once, a pat, then a little more tail came by, twice, poke poke. Yep! he was real all right! The texture was rough as Felix was amazed not even really thinking just wowed and exploring.

OOC: Hehe~ don't kill em xD

The elf nodded; sliding a small glass of wine to the other. "Forgive me; I found you attractive and wished to gain your attention." he spoke in a low voice, before looking to the side. "It's a bad habit I have; I'll admit."

"Hm?" Despite the thick scaly skin, Grank felt that. His giant footsteps came to a stop and for a moment he stood there. Slowly his head turned, his intense gaze coming down to his tail and to the boy that was now touching his tail. He would have turned around ,but doing that probably would have smashed in a wall given his tail was so immense and heavy. "You got something to say to me, puny boy?" His voice was deep, growling, though flat and didn't ring with any particular emotion of any sort.

Felix was to immersed in his discoveries that when Grank spoke, he jumped in surprise landing back up on his feet from his squat. Felix stared up at the dragon's green eyes unspeaking for a moment. If it was anyone else (besides an over 20foot dragon) and any other time (he was still starstruck) then the male would have flared at being called 'puny' as well as 'boy' but he just could not at the moment.

"Uh...." Lex shook his head moving in a slight jog to the front of Grank, "Emh nothing to say really just....never seen a dragon before is all....so maybe I'd just say um Hello?" a friendly but nervous smile twitched to lips, "Oh! My name is Felix Asher and I am new here and stuff." the last part was rushed a bit as golden eyed male gave a bow in introduction and politeness.

Wait, should he have said he was new? Was that info best kept to ones self?

And now you have it how may I help you? While he found the Elf interesting Aladron was used to demonic politics and someone being forthright made him intensely suspicious. He looks around the room for a minute to check who is watching them, finding no one, his eyes settle back on the elf in question.[/color]

Grank just kept his eyes on the boy, still as a statue which he often resembled if someone didn't pay mind to his breathing. Now what was he to say? Nothing like this ever happened to Grank. Most people stayed away from him, and here he now had someone who had the nerve to up and touch him. "...." he cleared his throat. "Uh..." He blinked. "Hello?" That was the only thing that came to his mind.

Despite the awkwardness of the situation Felix did not seem detered merely thrilled a kinda conversation was happening between himself and a DRAGON!!! this was fantasic! Felix waited patiently as the dragon greeted him back his eyes flicking around seeing the sun going down. Focusing his gaze to Grank, "Um mr. Dragon? Correct me if I am wrong but you know Polsworth? Do you know a free place to stay? As we have no coin."

Again, was that information to give away? Ah, well already said and done.

"I'm not allowed to be intrigued by someone?" his words were calm as he sipped his wine. He then offered the other calm look. "I am an adventured and all around thrill seeker. Just returned from a mission of sorts and am relaxing. I see a newcomer enter into a bar in this town and wonder his or her story... Is that a sin?" he offered a calm look, before closing his eyes as thoughts wandered.

I asked how I could help you I never said you did anything wrong... Awfully defensive aren't you?

"Perhaps." he lowered his gaze, then offered a mild apology before speaking in a more blunt tone. "In a weeks time my airship will be fixed and I've heard rumors of pirates in the west. Of course a free spirited bird cannot have such a threat as his wings being clipped." he sipped more wine, then smiled. "You look capable, and like you'd be fine company. My last companions were... a bit bland. I enjoy adventurous souls and powerful allies. Interested in giving such an adventure a try; granted we'll definitely have to take time finding companions." Reaching into his pocket he pulled out a piece of parchment; atop it was a dispaly of various ships and a flag. Beneath it read the name of a few known members of the pirate's gang, and offered the various rewards.

"As you can see just one head is worth thousands. If we could take out a large chunk if not the entire gang we'd have no money issues for months. Of course the travel itself could take a good month, and well... Ones private quarters can get lonely." he added with a teasing smirk.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom