Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

New Rebellion (Ao~no~ Demon & Karigaya)

Smoke rose high in the sky. Burning flesh filled the air and the sound of gun fire and explosions could be heard all around him, though they took on a muffled quality. As if he wasn’t really hearing them, and perhaps he wasn’t. Parker felt numb. His entire would was gone in an instant. He had just gone to get food. He had just been gone for a half an hour. Nothing was supposed that changed that much in that short amount of time, but it had. He was left staring at what had once been the hiding spot of his little brother. Bombed to nothing by there very own country.

The sounds of battle were coming closer, but he refused to move. His body still numb as he sat mourning for his lost brother. He had nothing else left. He had lived for his brother and now he was gone. His brother who was only seven years old. As the sounds of gunfire got even closer he felt someone pulling insistently on his arm. Trying to get him to move. Parker tried to free his arm, but the other was stronger. “Leave me!” He screamed at the other nine year old, but the other was having none of it. He just hit Parker in the face before grabbing his arm again and dragging Parker with him away from the place Eli lay.

His friend dragged him through the ruined city. No where was safe for them. Neither one knowing if each other people wouldn’t shoot the other on sight, and both refused to be separated from each other. It was when the one leading turned the corner that the unthinkable happened. A land mine went off.

Parker screamed. It took a second for him to realize that he was in a dark room and that he was safe. It was a dream. Only a dream, or well nightmare. Looking at the clock that laid on the nightstand by the bed he saw that it was just past two in the morning. Knowing there was no way he was getting any more sleep after that the 17-year-old grabbed a pair of sweat pants and and t-shirt and made his way to the roof. Hoping the cool morning air would help clear his head.

"Don't you think I should be involved!? I go in there I risk my ASS. Taking out a few guards myself just because I'm the 'best' job to do it?! Then you....have your soldiers pile in when I've take out most of the targets!!" He shook his head fiercely, throwing his arms in the air with attitude. "No! Don't you dare tell me to calm down. The hell!?" He turned, storming off.

"Kalie!! Stop!" The man yelled with raging anger.

"Don't call me that! I told you!" he retaliated.

"Well maybe if you stopped acting like an emotional girl!" his step father yelled.

Kalien laughed. Slamming his foot to the floor as he did so. "A girl?!"

"Yes a girl."

"You know what? Screw you! I don't have to take this shit. I work my ass off. I train harder any one of your low half ass soldiers!" He sassed. One of the guards behind him took a step forward towards him. "Stand down." He obeyed. Kalien turned back to his step father. "After everything. Your not the only one who lost her." He stepped closer. "For the leader of the rebellion, you have a shitty way of running you job. We should be hitting them with everything we have. Using their weapons against them. I do the. Most of the work! I should at least have a say on what the plans are."

"But you don't!" He snapped back. "You may be third in command. You may be my son. But you do as I say!!" He said raising a hand as if he was about to strike him. "Go to your station. Do as I say! As your father not your commander!"

"Fuck you! No." He turned to storm off. The gaurd that decided to take a step had grabbed Kalien's wrist. With one swift motion, Kalien took hold of the guard's hand with his oppisite, twisting it to make him face the floor and releasing his grip. He pushed the guard's neck to ground with force, then reaching to speak in his ear. "Next time you step out of place. You won't be able to." Then kicking him off to the ground. Stomping out of the room and down the corridor. It was early on the morning, but as part of the rebellion there wasn't much sleep to be had. He made way to the roof as to get away from everyone. Though we he had he was alone. "O-oh P-parker? I didn't know you were up here." He said formally at first. "Can't sleep?" he asked normally.

Parker sighed. This was just what he needed to get his mind off of Eli and the events that had lead him here. The air was cool, and there was a slight breeze that whipped through his inky black hair. While he could hear faint footsteps below him, the rebellion didn’t sleep after all, they were no where near what they were in the day and it made him feel like he was in his own little world. Away from everything.

That illusion was shattered the moment he heard shouting. He was standing directly above the resistance leaders office and it was clear something was going on. It didn’t help that Parker had heard that same argument many times before that he could almost match word for word what the younger was going to say.

When the sound of the fighting stop Parker waited for the sound of the door to open. Knowing that Kalien would come here. He ignored Kalien in favor of his own. “You got into a fight again.” It was a statement not a question.

He walked slowly towards him, approaching the edge of the building. The roof wasn't that high off the ground at all, at least two stories, through the dense forestation he could see the edge of the island they resided on. The building wasn't too hard to find neither was the island itself. The only reason the enemy hadn't wiped out the rebellion was because they owner several armed nukes and ready to fire. They saved they saved them as a last resort. Though the rebellion hadn't wanted to kill hundreds of civillians.

The air was quite clean, blowing through his thick brown hair. "Y-yeah" he started slowly. Noticing that Parker had skipped his topic. "I know it must bother you. But my father is such an ass!" yelling out the last two words for his father to hear. He stood their quietly for a second. "They say were going out again.....wanting us both to go back in and take one of their provinces by the shoreline." He said stepping closer to him. "They....need a way of doing it. They got ideas, though need you to come up with something as well." Looking up from the ground to meet his eyes. He was partially trying to get information from him as well as telling the truth.

"I want you to come with me." he said quickly. "I know it's dangerous but I want you there with me. If anything goes wrong. I wanted to know someone i trust, has my back." He told him. He gazed over at him. "Are you ok?" he asked again, changing the subject.

Parker held in the urge to sigh. Of course Kalien wouldn’t drop the subject. Though he couldn’t fault his best friend for it. He was probably the only one here that was sincerely worried about him. Most everyone else he worked with were worried that they would loose one of there best weapon against Avalon. Turning so he was facing away from his friend he nodded. “Yeah, just a nightmare.” He didn’t say more. He didn’t need to. Parker had suffered from nightmares for years and more often then not woke from them. It was a miracle if he got a good night sleep at all.

“So, they’re deploying you and you want me to come to? What does your dad say about that? I don’t think he would be to pleased about that. After all I am technical the enemy, right?” Parker joked. It wasn’t uncommon knowledge that Parker wasn’t from here. In fact some of Kalien’s fathers advisors liked to rub that fact in his face. The also had people tail him just to make sure that he didn’t suddenly betray them to his home country. Not that Parker would. He disposed Avalon as much as Kalien’s people.

Kalien sighed. He didn't want to know how his stepfather would react. After years of living among the rebellion and yet Commander Javis still didn't trust Parker. The whole thing was stupid. Though Parker played a big part of the rebellion. One of the major strategist among them all. Kalien didn't have to hid the fact that this was just a small safety precaution to see if he had it out for the rebellion, as well as actually using him. His father over reacted all the time. One minute he was barging in, checking to see what new plans Park had. Then having him followed the next. Though he had enough power in his name to take him if he wanted.

He put his fists on his hips, tilting his head to try and meet his eyes.. "You know. Not everything need to be discussed with my stepfather. I think if wanted to bring you along then you could come along." he replied, aggravated. He didn't mean to be harsh, though he was tired of hearing of his step father. "Look I'm not gonna lie to you. There will be a bit of violence of course, and our lives will be in danger." He paused. "Though considering your recent training, I'm sure you will be fine. Besides as long as we are together nothing will hurt us." He said moving beside him, and putting an arm around his shoulder, trying to comfort him.

He moved back to go back downstairs, "Oh and we are deploying in a couple of hours. Around noon? You don't have to come. Just...I want you too." He stated, making his was back to the lower floors.

Parker playfully rolled his eyes. “No, of course we don’t have to discuss my possible abandoning of my station with your step father. It’s not like he’s the leader or anything.” He then turned to his friend, a serious expression on his side. “Seriously though Kal, I would just slow you down. I use my head to fight. In a physical fight that you are most likely heading into I would only be a liability.” He held up his hand when he felt his best friend would interrupt him. “I’m not saying that I’m not going. I’ll think about. I know how the other’s don’t measure up to your standards, though I’m surprised I do. Seeing as I’ve just been able to run two miles without falling on my face from exhaustion.”

He again turned. This time to face the raising sun. Kal had just left and it left Parker with food for thought. Should he go? Well if he did not only would he be getting in trouble for leaving without permission, but Kal would get in trouble for bringing him along. Kal might have been the next ruler of the country, as soon as they got it back, but that didn’t mean he was allowed to make unnessiary risks, and Parker was a risk. Staring out as the compound came to live Parker made his choice. it probably wasn’t the wisest choice, but he knew Kal would sulk if he didn’t go.

Heading back to his room he began to pack what he would need for this mission.

Walking down the flight of stairs, he thought about how dangerous it would be for Parker. The thought of him getting hurt, it made Kalien hurt. Though he swore to himself he would let the whole squad die before he let Parker die. He need him on this mission. Not for the fact that he was extremly smart but for the fact that if anything went wrong he wanted him there. "Everything will be fine." He repeated to himself.

When he got to the base floor. He stopped. "Commander Holly!."he saluted her, before walking along side her. "Shouldn't you be getting ready for the upcoming mission we have aassigned?" She asked. She was a beautiful looking woman. Though her voice was stern. Holly was more of a parent then his own father, even though she took her job seriously.

"N-no. I've already done everything I needed." he confirmed. "Listen. I need a list of the soldiers coming along." He smiled.

"Rodriguez, Jitler, Harrem, Cornigue, Hamilton, and Torren. Why?" She asked. Knowing that Kalien wanted something.

"Well I want to add someone to that list." Peering up into her eyes.

"No, no, no. I can't just do that. Have you asked your father?" She question. Ugh there it was again. His father. How he hated that word. "No. Me and him arn't exactly getting along. Beside what he doesn't know won't hurt him." Holly shifted in her stance, letting out a chuckle. "And you've come to ask me? Wait. This doesn't have anything to do with Parker does it?" She was a smart woman.

"You know he isn't a threat." Kalien started, answering her question. Holly started Walking, shaking her head following by a couple of 'No' here and there. "Avalon killed his family. Killed them. Plus he has been my best friend since I was little. I know him He isn't part of Avalon. He is one of us. I know you know that." Holly stopped. "I know but your father is stubborn...Like you."

"Can't you just let him board the ship. Maybe not say a word about it? He is the only person I trust." He asked. "Kalien I know this isn't about trust. Its about your sexual preference. You like him, I get it." Kalien blushed as he stood and listened. "But are you really going to risk the life of the person you love the most?" Holly asked, peering down at him.
"That's probably why my father keeps giving me a hard time. J-just please don't say anything. Im bringing him along." Kalien told her walking off. "Thank you." He added. "For what?" She replied as they parted ways. Kalien made his was to his room, equipping himself with light weight pierce resisted armor, two hand guns that rested on his hips, and two knives against his thighs. He didn't need much as he mostly relied on short ranged weapons and combat. Plus he was a good shot. Once he was done he went by Parker's room to find out what his decision was.

Back
Top Bottom