Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Not Exactly What the Old Ones had in Mind... (OOC)

RE: Extra Credit! (WiP title)

I think Zorida-chan is eager to begin, am I right? :3 I understand the sentiment... After all, what is in a name other than a string of words nitted together, of which little enjoyment in itself is gained? Some of the greatest works of history have the most mundane of titles, yet the title does little if anything to detract from their greatness...

But I digress. We should name it whatever we like and put more of those creative urges into our posts :D

Heh, yeah I'm pretty excited too. ^^ I haven't heard from Mogget yet though, I hope all is well for her. And yeah, the tittle doesn't matter much at all does it? I just figured it might be fun to brainstorm names together.

I was thinking maybe something with the word "love" and some other occult club activity, like "The ritual of love", but that sounds kind of lame to me. What are other activities that an occult club might do?

Love Seance?

Or, "Love Seances and other Nonesense" just to highlight that this is not going full-blown occult XD

I honestly have no idea what occult clubs actually do. I have knowledge about various topics that are of an occult nature, but that really doesn't dictact what sort of activities a club would do in order to enjoy the topic. Most of what I do know is more centered around where occult clubs and "chuunibyou" activities overlap, but that is really all I know on that topic.

I figure it'd be a lot of discussion, a lot of rantings on Yumi about the elder gods and her making up wacky rituals for them to try that inevitably would lead to nothing but them all looking pretty silly.

Ahhhhhh I'm here! Umm, the rest of this week it's going to be hard for me to post, but next week will be better, I will be back and ready to rumble.

Good to hear from you, Mogget-chan. We were starting to get a bit worried ^_^ I hope your schedule works out better for you this coming week.

Okay, I am almost ready for this, tomorrow I can't be on but from then on should be smooth sailing, I know about the post order and I have posted my character bio.

I also wanted to apologize for being a pain in the butt to plan around.

Oh right, there was one other thing I wanted us to go over. At exactly what point in time would our role play start? Like would they all still have to meet for the first time? I know there was going to be a culture festival that they would be preparing for, so I was thinking that the club would still be relatively new and that they'd only be somewhat acquainted with each other as they start planing for the festival. Does that sound alright to ya'll?

Some of them, naturally would know about each other already. Your character and Mogget's, obviously, would be one example. I'd also assume that most people at the school would be aware of my character, since she's a teacher that has a rather odd personality. Zoraida's character is also pretty odd, so even if they are not familiar wtih each other on a personal level, they will know something about each other even if the club is relatively new. Part of what makes a group RP interesting is that we (as well as the characters themselves) get to learn more about the characters through their interactions, rather than simply writing in that they know about each other. It makes the relationships feel more natural, too... But that's just my two cents.

I think they should be aware of each other and somewhat familiar but not on a personal level (Stronetribe and Mogget's characters as exceptions).

Well unless there's anything else we need to go over, I can go ahead and write up an introductory post in the main thread and we can finally get this role play started proper! All in favor?

So I wanted to run some ideas by you guys, I've already run them by Stonetribe and he liked a couple of them, these mostly have to do with his and my characters, but I want your guy's input. Basically I was thinking the reason the siblings got into the occult stuff was because they had a grandmother who was dead convinced she was a witch, she'd make charms to protect their house or help her garden grow, or do rituals to ward away nasty spirits. Anyway she was also convinced that males could not handle witchcraft and left all of her occult belongings to Natsumi, who of course shared them with her brother because they supposedly never interested her very much. However I was thinking that maybe Grandma wasn't all smoke and mirrors, and one day Natsumi is just fooling around because she's bored and realizes that a lot of the stuff wasn't just superstition and she becomes like her grandma, a light witch of sorts, however Stonetribe is Iffy about that and I'm totally fine with that but I wanted to know what you two thought.

Also, we thought it would be cool if Natsumi had a light Yandere side, like not full out slaughter but just do things like she did to the violet haired girl. I was thinking maybe she could use some of the magic to do things like perform spells that makes like one of the girls wake up bald, or another to wet her pants, maybe set someones hair on fire, just comedic relief stuff like that.

Stonetribe was thinking maybe she just thinks her abilities are real, or maybe it's left ambiguous as to whether they're real or not. I was just thinking maybe some real magic might just add to the whole occult thing, and add some laughs. I however don't mind doing what Stone recommended at all. I do just wanna know what you guys think.

And stone I hope this didn't come off as an attack or anything. ^^'

Mogget said:
So I wanted to run some ideas by you guys, I've already run them by Stonetribe and he liked a couple of them, these mostly have to do with his and my characters, but I want your guy's input. Basically I was thinking the reason the siblings got into the occult stuff was because they had a grandmother who was dead convinced she was a witch, she'd make charms to protect their house or help her garden grow, or do rituals to ward away nasty spirits. Anyway she was also convinced that males could not handle witchcraft and left all of her occult belongings to Natsumi, who of course shared them with her brother because they supposedly never interested her very much. However I was thinking that maybe Grandma wasn't all smoke and mirrors, and one day Natsumi is just fooling around because she's bored and realizes that a lot of the stuff wasn't just superstition and she becomes like her grandma, a light witch of sorts, however Stonetribe is Iffy about that and I'm totally fine with that but I wanted to know what you two thought.

Also, we thought it would be cool if Natsumi had a light Yandere side, like not full out slaughter but just do things like she did to the violet haired girl. I was thinking maybe she could use some of the magic to do things like perform spells that makes like one of the girls wake up bald, or another to wet her pants, maybe set someones hair on fire, just comedic relief stuff like that.

Stonetribe was thinking maybe she just thinks her abilities are real, or maybe it's left ambiguous as to whether they're real or not. I was just thinking maybe some real magic might just add to the whole occult thing, and add some laughs. I however don't mind doing what Stone recommended at all. I do just wanna know what you guys think.

And stone I hope this didn't come off as an attack or anything. ^^'

Pfff, not at all! :3 I know it's just brainstorming, which is good to do. ^^

I love it Mogget. Also you have made Yumi very happy giving her the necronomicon XD she's going to probably hide in another room sobbing and thanking Lovecraft for such a wonderful thing coming into her possession. I know at the very least, Yumi uses anime logic to her advantage. giving herself some sort of menacing aura etc so I have no problem with any of this though I'm okay with adding more mystical elements into things.

Hm... I think it would probably be best left ambiguous, which in itself could be a source of humor since it lets the members come to their own conclusions about wether it is real or not. That would also play well into the minor theme we already have going, since not all the members of the club are as completely sold on the idea of the occult as some. Perhaps her grandmother was more than just smoke and rumors, and it gives a nice backstory to explore in the future. Don't give away all the wonderful plot twists :D

For my own character, she will have her own tie-in for the club as well. She didn't agree to become the club advisor out of some simple whim, either... But I'll leave that for later when her place in the story becomes more important.

Back
Top Bottom