Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

A New Pet (Rook10 and TaintedRose)

Rook10

Star
Jason awoke with a splitting headache. Apparently he had a bit too much to drink at the office party last night. They had been celebrating a new merger and decided to throw a big party with games and raffles and everything. He vaguely remembered something about having the winning ticket, probably a toaster oven or something stupid. He got out of bed and walked to the bathroom to comb his messy brown hair and shave. He didn't have work today but even at twenty-five he had long ago learned the benefit of looking like you gave a damn even on a saturday. Once he was passable he decided to go down stairs and get the paper. He had a nice two story house in a neighborhood nice enough to warrant it's own paper service. The front yard was mostly barren save for a few bushes along the front of the house while the back yard sported a large magnolia tree that dropped leaves like they were going out of style.

He opened the front door in just a t-shirt and sweat pants expecting just to bend down and pick up the paper but instead was surprised by a delivery man who was equally surprised that he didn't have to ring the door bell. "Must be eager to get this package huh?" He joked and handed Jason a clipboard and pen. Still half awake and a little confused Jason took the path of least resistance and signed for the package. The delivery man then got behind a very large, it was person sized really, pet carrier that was on wheels and had a sheet over the front. He pushed it through the door and into the foyer then left with a very well practiced "Have a nice day."

Jason still wasn't sure what was going on, where was his damn newspaper? What was this box in his house? Why didn't he have any coffee in his hand? On that last note he turned and walked into the kitchen to make coffee. A few minutes later, mug in hand, he felt equipped to handle the world and walked out to the foyer to lean against the entry way and stare at the sheet covered end. "What the fuck is this supposed to be?" He muttered to himself and sipped his coffee.

Lilith didn't mind the transfer. Very little details had been given to her but she was told she was being moved to a new home. Apparently she was some prize being given away. To whom she was being given to though she did not know, nor did it matter to her really. A home was a home, she just hoped this master would actually keep her.

Laying down in the carrier as she was being sent away, wearing a simple white sundress, her black wolfish tail had wrapped itself around her waist. Her ear laid flat against her purple hair as she enjoyed the ride. However, she had soon fallen asleep by the time she arrived at her destination. She didn't realize even when the carrier was brought into the house.

Taking another sip then setting the mug on the fire place mantle Jason had come to the genius conclusion that the only way to answer this question was to open the damn thing up. He reached up and tugged on the sheet, his eyes went wide as it fell to reveal a mesh wire door through which he could see a girl curled up inside the container. Thinking she had somehow been trapped he hurriedly opened the door and stepped inside to check and see if she was OK. Was she wearing some kind of costume? Then it all came back to him. The raffle he had won was for an undisclosed prize. This was a Neko girl, something new that had been developed in the years after a lot of the red tape holding back genetic testing with human DNA had been cut. She had been created in a lab, right? Or did they breed them from other Nekos? Jason wasn't sure on the details and this was the first time he had ever seen one in person. "Uh, hello?" He said, not sure how to act now that he had a better understanding of who or what she was.

In the middle of Lily's rather peaceful nap light suddenly shone into the carrier. Whatever had been covering the cage door had been removed, which then made her burry her head into her arms. She was just so comfortable...
Her tail curled thighter around her waist but her ears perked up when it caught a different sound. She had easily ignored the sound of the sheet being moved, for it hadn't been loud enough to catch her attention. But hearing the sound of the door opening did and her ears twitched at the voice that called out. Her nap was to end, and she was quite disappointed.

With a small yawn, wolf like neko started to wake. Her tail uncurled and stretched before she did the same with her body. Stretching herself out a bit felt good after the long ride and afterwards she moved into a sitting position. Rubbing her eyes with one hand the other rested on her lap and she looked to see who had spoken. "Hello." She said, trying to sound cheerful but another small yawn took hold right after. She was exactly quick when it comes to waking up. But she soon moved a bit past him to peek her head out of the carrier. "So this is your home?" She asked, glancing back at the man. He looked confused but she paid no mind to it.

He could t help but stare at ears and tail. Was that rude? He wasn't sure if there was an etiquette about these things but he figured staring was probably rude. "Uh yes." He responded after a bit of a delay. He stepped back as she slowly made her way out of the container. The girl was beautiful for certain but seemed very different from any human girl he had met. "Um, do you have a name?" He wasn't sure what kind of sense of identity Nekos had or if they received names just like pets...then again didn't humans receive names just like pets? He shook his head and reached for his coffee, these questions were too deep for this early in the morning.

What was he going to do with this girl? Where would she sleep? What did she eat? People food or pet food? If she got sick did she go to the doctor or the vet? There had to be an instruction manual or something right? Glancing inside the container confirmed that there were no such instructions. Guess he would just have to look it up online or ask the girl.

When her question was answered Lily nodded before getting out of the container. She stretched once more now that she was actually standing, her tail swaying behind her afterwards. Stepping away from the carrier now, she looked around the room they were currently in. Her master seemed hesitant, she took note of it as she sort of observed his reactions towards her presence. She could just simply tell by her voice. After having been around people that knew of her kind since she was very little, made this a rather new experience. But she smiled when asked of a name. "They call me Lily." She chimed before turning around. Her eyes went to him now. "They never told you did they? About me?" She asked, tilting her head slightly. She already knew the answer to that but still felt like asking anyways.

Lily. Well that was as good a name as any, Jason figured. She seemed quite comfortable for being alone in new surroundings with a stranger. Probably because she knew more than he did right now. "No. No they didn't. I think I won...well I won you in a raffle and they never told me what the prize was. My name is Jason, um, would you like something to drink?" He asked rather unsure. Best to be polite than to presume. This was all very new to him and he wasn't sure how to properly interact with Lily. She looked very human save for the obvious parts and it would feel wrong to speak to her like a common house pet.

Lily nodded. She figured as much though it made little sense to her as to why they wouldn't tell him. She wondered then, if perhaps he would have turned it down had he known. It was a disappointing thought but one that would have made sense to her. Shaking her head to remove the thought, she smiled lightly when asked about a drink. It has been quite a ride here after all. "A glass of water would be fine." She told him before turning her attention back to the house. She sort of liked his name, amd so far he seemed rather nice. But she wondered more as to what it would be like actually living here. "I meant to ask this sooner, but do you live here by yourself or is there someone else?"

Jason went to the kitchen and retrieved a glass of water then brought it to her in the foyer. "It's only me but there is plenty of space. Come let's sit and figure this out." He led her into the living room connected to the foyer where the my could sit on the couch. Jason had many questions running through his head but was unsure how to ask them all. "Umm, how old are you, Lily?" He didn't think that was intrusive, she appeared quite young but couldn't be sure since she wasn't really human. Perhaps she didn't age the same as he did, maybe she didn't age at all! So many things he was dying to know just so that he could understand the situation he was in and what was expected of him.

Lily watched as Jason left, but remained where she was for now. It was going to take awhile for her to get used to being in a surrounding. Belonging to someone however she was not new to. Listening as the water from the sink was turned on and filled in a glass she merely waited for him to return. When he did, she gladly took the glass from him when offered and followed him out into another room. It really seemed like a lot of space for just one person. But that was something she did not question
In a way a lot of space was a good thing considering the circumstances.
Sitting down on the couch when they had reached the other room, Lily's tail rested beside her, the tip of it laying on her lap. "Age?" She thought for a brief moment. Nekos were rather young in appearance, as well in personality no matter so it made sense that he would be curious
"As of a few days ago if I recall correctly I'm 23." She then told him. "You have a lot of questions don't you?" She asked with a gentle smile as she had set the glass down on a coffee table. "I can see it in your eyes." She stated.

"Well I really don't know anything about Nekos. I've never considered..well..having one." He was sure how to appropriately phrase his ownership of her if it could really even be called that. He caught his eyes once again roaming over he body, measuring her curves and curiously examining her tail. It was a relief that she was as old as 23, he himself being 26. It was fortunate that he did not have to go into work today and would have plenty of time to readjust his home accordingly. Her comments about his questions made him a little nervous. "If my questions bother you then I'll stop but I think it's important that we learn about each other if you're going to be living here." And Jason ought to probably figure out what the boundaries were too.

Lily sort of wished he at least informed about her kind even if he wasn't going to be told about her arrival. Things would have been so much simpler. She wasn't sure how to really explain every detail to him, let alone answer every question. But she was at least going to try to, there was no harm in that after all. And so when he spoke she shook her head lightly. "They don't bother me, I just couldn't help but to notice it." She told him.

Back
Top Bottom