Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Just Before Dawn.. TheCrimsonLady - Elvenoff

Elvenoff

Super-Earth
Galron Shara ,King of the low lands moved his army northward along the banks of Icedale, His hopes were to take the White Castle Keep without massive loss of life. His thoughts were heavy, the echoes of his advisors still weighted heavily upon his mind of the imminent danger that the low lands being invaded by the Orken armies. His only chance of defending the low lands was to take control the highlands and their resources. White Castle Keep continued to ignore the request to form an alliance, to share the minerals of the great mountains with the lower lands so good armor and weapons could be made, but it was all in vein. Each runner returning with the word of refusal. When the Oken armies moved closer Galron felt the pressure of his people begging for protection. Protection he could not give without the help of the highlands so with regret in his heart he began his march to war to get what he needs to save the lowlands.

His army was really just a decoy, the real threat was the company of hired mercenaries that was hired to infiltrate and capture the royal family. Then Galron could exert control over the highlands. He would have to move the royal family to the lowlands and give them farmland to provide for themselves but at least they would be alive. He just hoped that the Highland army wouldn’t collide with his army before the Mercenaries took control of the royal family. For if the armies met, the bloodshed would be disastrous, this is why he decided to take the long road to give the mercenaries time.

His dark brown orbs scanned over the horizon, at the edge of his sight was the Royal forest, one that would even slow down his army and their army even more. He just hoped he was doing the right thing, for both their people, for if the low lands fell to the Orken kind they would not stop just at the lowlands, no they would set their eyes upon the wealth of the highlands and march against them eventually. All he wanted was access to the ores of the mountains. He shook his head for thinking about it anymore only made him more sick to his stomach.

John Shaw mercenary leader of the silver blades moved quickly across the flatland to the heavy forest area just below the Southside wall of the White Castle keep. The one hundred foot climb was a deterrent for armies but a company size unit could managed to reach the top and fight their way into the keep quickly. But it would cost a lot of lives, but the pay brought a lot of the lower life scoundrels into the mist of his unit. These were the kind of men that was needed to capture the royal family.

It was midnight when the unit scaled the wall, their climb went unnoticed the wall watchers, that was a sad fate for them as the unit quickly overtook them and entered into the keep. The royal guard numbers mostly still in bed except twenty or so was quickly captured by the unit. The larger force was in the fortified city just below the castle so only the royal guard was a threat and now the sleeping force was easily captured and placed in the dungeon, however, John was angered when he was cut by the king and his two sons, furious he ordered his men not to worry about capturing them, he ordered them killed. All was killed except the princess whom was still sleeping until the deed was already done and over with and she was woken by the sounds of the guards battling in the hallway. The fight was short before John himself entered her room..

tumblr_n6ln0zbSN51s71iluo2_500.gif
Princess Andei had been resting after a long day of preparations, she was meant to be married the next night, and it was exhausting. She did not love the man she would marry, but she didn't hate him either. He was rather boring and smelled odd. Her mother had taught her that men could be convinced of just about anything, so she could at the very least convince him to bathe.

Suddenly, the sounds of battle rang out, shooting her from her bed. She stood nearest the large poster, still dressed in her soft blue sheer nightgown, her soft warm skin showing through the light fabric, she didn't bother with trying to dress until the sounds stopped and the final bodies hit the ground.

She got a horrible feeling in her stomach then, as the door opened. She wanted it to be one of her brothers, or her father, but she knew that's who had been fighting and she just knew that's who fell.

She rose her chin high, trying not to shake as the intruder entered the room. There was a sharp hair ornament to the left of her bed, not far from where she stood at the end of the room, she knew that if she could get to it, she could kill herself at least before he raped her.

John’s sword point was down toward the ground, The red crimson liquid dripped from the point and began to pool upon the cold stone flooring of the Princesses bed chamber. His dark orbs caught her standing before him in a sheer nightgown, nothing was left to the imagination for it was designed to offer complete coolness to those hot summer nights. She was a princess so whom was going to see you like this on normal mornings so the attire was appropriate.

His eye took advantage of the situation for what type of man wouldn’t? But he didn’t advance upon her like some savage dog, like most, or all of his company of men would have. His mind was momentarily undeceive of what to do. He had all of the other royal members killed except this one, he couldn’t put his finger on why he didn’t want to just run her through but there was something different about this one. Sure she had that chin high dignified stance to her but it seemed almost like if was forced to be there because of the attack, but he believed it wasn’t there if the day was one of normalcy to her.

“By the order of the new king you are to be relocated to the lower lands. Once he has arrived, I shall spare your life if you yield to me this moment.” he looked at her cautiously, even though she was a beautiful woman, they were just as dangerous as any man could be. He stayed his ground not advancing nor backing away. His eyes moved from her eyes to her hands back to her eyes continuously until she spoke of what method she was going to take, was she going to yield or attack him.

He stood the thought of what he would do if she attacked was unanswered due to that reason he couldn’t put his finger on. It wasn’t one of lust for he could get any wench for a few silvers that he wanted, it wasn’t power that didn’t matter to him for all those that take power die by another power. AHH that was it, the king ordered him to take the Royal Family alive, well one out of six wasn’t bad.. “What do you say M’lady?”

tumblr_m9e0epjXGN1rp2zn0o2_250.gif
tumblr_mlsc1f6ji21r27uuto4_r1_250.gif
Andei stood there, stoic and unwavering as the man entered the room. The wet sound of blood was the only noise that was made for the longest time as he assessed her and she assessed him. He was tall, broad with touches of red in his dark curls. He would be handsome, if her families blood wasn't dripping from his blade, in another life, she wouldn't have minded how he saw her in her nightgown, a luxury awarded to her husband. Andei swallowed as he began to speak. “By the order of the new king you are to be relocated to the lower lands. Once he has arrived, I shall spare your life if you yield to me this moment.” He said and she noticed how when he spoke, the bridge of his nose would wrinkle, like the snarl of wolf and his eyes went from her hands to her face. Out of the corner of her eye, she saw the hair ornament and for a moment, she thought of going for it, but she didn't, and he spoke again.
“What do you say M’lady?”

"I say, that is my father's, my brothers' blood dripping from your blade, is it not?" She said looking him in the eye, the question was rhetorical. "I say I could fight you, and suffer the same fate..." She said, looking to the hair ornament to her left then back at him. "I say, I could kill myself instead." She said, defiance in her eyes though her face was completely impassive. " But nay, you would stop me, or try, I say because you hesitate, if your orders were to kill me, you would have, but they were not, they were to capture me . I say, no matter what I choose to do next, my freedom is forfeit." She said and took a seat on her bed, taking a deep breath, trying to fight her fear.

"15 and 17 Those were my brothers ages" She said without looking at him. "They did not look it, but they were still green."

His head slightly tilted to the left while his brow furrowed, his glare hardened when she took it upon herself to speak other then yah or nah. He did not care for anything else that she desired to spittle out of her royal mouth. Even the words of taking her own life caused a small ripple out of his mouth, but yet he stood as she continued to voice her belief of what he was so ordered to do, no matter if she was correct or not, he did not show her either way. She was correct not only about his orders, but her life was now not hers to choice what she wishes to do. Her life now belonged to the King Lord, Galron Shara.

His eyes noticed how heavy her breasts were when she sat down upon the edge of her bed. She was one of highest ebony beauties that he has ever had the privilege of seeing in fullness. He could feel the slight sting of desire burn within him for she was way beyond the caliber of ladies he has spent time with. He swallowed hard, fought to keep his animalistic nature at bay. It would be so easy to take her now that she sat on the bed, his weight would be able to pin her with ease. He gritted his teeth with strength bearing his stern jawbone.

His mind shifted when she spoke of her brothers, their age given to him as if it would change the situation of her being the property of the new king as if he would release her to flee into her lands. While his eyes still watched her closely he found himself sympathetic to the pain she was obviously having with the loss of her family, a situation that he himself was not spared when he was young and his family was slain by Orken kind. He watched his mother and sister fall prey to the massive beast as the bred them and dragged them off into the night.

“M’lady, They gave their lives for the safety of their family. A warriors welcome for be it in death or victory. Do not take away what they gave by belittling them with their ages, or the skill of their hand. But praise them for their strength, courage, their love of their family.” He used to be a royal knight himself till times had changed and the political wraith took it’s toll upon him. Now he has to live by the coin, something that still shames him.

He walks over to the table and picks up the hair ornament. Takes a walk around her room removing all things that she could use to harm herself with ranging from clothing to even the bedding linen that she was sitting upon. He moved to the hallway and tossed all of it out the door. He turned and looked at her. His hand gesturing to her nightgown. “Do I have to take that as well?” His mind weighting the use of it and found it was to sheer to hang herself with. “Nay, You may keep that. You will stay in this room till the king calls for you. I will have guards on the outside of this room, do not attempt to escape.” He looked at her one more time for anything else she wished to spittle toward him…

“M’lady, They gave their lives for the safety of their family. A warriors welcome for be it in death or victory. Do not take away what they gave by belittling them with their ages, or the skill of their hand. But praise them for their strength, courage, their love of their family.” He said and Andei turned her head at him, glaring daggers at him for his words. They weren't meant for her, she was proud of her brothers, that was for him. She wanted him to know whose lives he took and how early he took them.

She watched him grabbed the hair ornament from the table as well as a few other items before tossing them outside of the room. She took a shuddered breath as rage boiled inside her. “Do I have to take that as well?” He said as he approached her, gesturing to her night gown. . “Nay, You may keep that. You will stay in this room till the king calls for you. I will have guards on the outside of this room, do not attempt to escape.” He said and she set her jaw.

"If I wanted to end my life, Cur, I wouldn't do it with a fabric that tear under my weight," She spat. "Instead, I would do it.... taking you with me."she said, turned her head, facing the window. She wasn't lying either, she would fight, if she intended on dying, she would make it count. "It is a good thing I do not intend dying this night." she said, defiantly, her eyes boring into his.

He noted her glare of hatred upon his words of the brothers, but he cared not for he respected them even after he watched them fall to his skill. He spoke his peace of them, which cleansed his soul as to how young they were. Those whom pick up a sword shall die by one was his other words of comforting his soul. But without malice to her he moved on ignoring the look of disgust upon her face.

He took no offence in being called a Cur, in fact, he looked at her with a stern look, growled as if he as a dog and chomped his teeth at her as if he was trying to bite her like a dog would a stranger. He looked at her when she voiced about taking him with her to the halls of Valhalla, instantly he pulled his dagger, then tossed his sword down toward her. “I grant you the chance to just do that.” he took his stance with dagger at the ready.

Even though her words spoke of her not intending to dying this evening, he wanted to show just how full of shit she was. She was scared and this act of hers was nothing more that an attempt to cover up that fear. “Come, pick that weapon up and show me this will to take your life and mine with you.” He instigated her with the gestures toward the sword. “I really would hate to disfigure the King’s soon to be slut.” He chuckled as he walked over and picked up the sword and placed it back into the scabbard.

“I suggest you sleep, the king will be here on the crack of day.” he hissed before turning and walking out the door.

Upon the rise of the Sun, A knock comes to the door and a female’s voice rings out. “Mi’lady, King Shara wishes to see you. May I come in and dress you?” The King’s chambermaid asks with a strange politeness to her tone.

tumblr_n3oq4hsIEC1s2zvqdo2_500.gif
“Come, pick that weapon up and show me this will to take your life and mine with you.” He said and Andei's eyes went to the sword. She wasn't as skilled as her brother's but she knew her way around a blade. “I really would hate to disfigure the King’s soon to be slut.” He said and she glared at him. He would expect her to stumble of the weight of the blade, like some other women. He then went after the blade, and picked it up. “I suggest you sleep, the king will be here on the crack of day.” He was out the door and Andei relaxed her body, and allowed herself to greif herself to sleep. The images of taking his hand dancing behind her eyes.

A knock woke her from her restless sleep, and Andei rose. “Mi’lady, King Shara wishes to see you. May I come in and dress you?”

Andei glared darkly at the door. "No you may not." She said, getting out of bed and cleansing and dressing herself. She found a blue and white gown with a caped collar to draped over her shoulders. She took a deep breath and stepped out of the room. " I assume he is in the throne room?" She said, already walking.

“No M’lady he is not. “ she lowed her head with respect. “He is out in the courtyard.” She whispered. “Shall I accompany you?” Her look is purely in due respect to whom she is addressing. Her aging years show signs of good fortune for she still moves swiftly with the pain of age. Her blue eyes seem to sparkle with pride in what she is doing, however, she has a sorrowful look upon her face. “Please M’lady, will you take and wear this shaw, it is a very bitter and cold moring.” She begged, holding out a very lovely white shaw made with heavy material.

The courtyard if filled with Galron warriors, to the left of him is six bodies well wrapped in silk cloth. To his right is thirty men lined up against the wall, standing next to each man is one of Galron’s warriors holding daggers to the soft throats. John Shaw is bound and stands next to the King. When Galron sees the princess approach, he bows with respect. “M’lady.. My sorrow is giving to you on this day of treason. These men, by the order of this man.” His hand gestures to Shaw. “Has went against my wishes of capturing all of the royal family so that they could be relocated to the low lands, to one of slaying them. With this savageness I do sentence all these men to die by your command. Even this one awaits your wraith. His hand gesturing to Shaw.

He looks back up to Andei, “M’lady How to you wish to excise their punishment for slaying the royal family of the Highlands?” Galron lowers his head and gives her the control..

“M’lady.. My sorrow is giving to you on this day of treason. These men, by the order of this man.” He motioned toward the man from last night. “Has went against my wishes of capturing all of the royal family so that they could be relocated to the low lands, to one of slaying them. With this savageness I do sentence all these men to die by your command. Even this one awaits your wraith"' Andei was quiet, as she regarded the men. She hadn't expected this. She had the feeling his orders were not t kill and he disobeyed but she hadn't expected such a reaction from the Conqueror. She narrowed her eyes. “M’lady How to you wish to excise their punishment for slaying the royal family of the Highlands?” He bowed his head, as if handing her the reigns. "Kill the rest but him." she said looking to the one beside the King and walked up to him. "Death would be too easy for you." She said, as the men without hesitation slit the throats of the others.

"So proud.....so arrogant....." She said reached out of a dagger from one of the other men, who upon affirmation from the king, handed it to her. She cut the ties binding him. "You will fight me." She said. "Sword to Sword....if you lose, you die, if you win, you will become my personal guard," She said, knowing it was a lose-lose for him. With his pride, both would be a death sentence.

"Someone fetch me the practice blades." She called out. She didn't know what this King wanted of her, but he was allowing her some semblance of justice, and though he planned to take her home, and it was his folly that got her family killed, she was still grateful.

when they returned with the blades, she held one loosely in her grip, and tossed him another. "These are dull, and can not kill, as I said, I do not intend on dying." She said, shrugging off the shaw she was given, revealing smooth brown skin to the air and with practiced ease, she twirled her blade, and prepared her stance. The whole of the crowd seemed in awe. A princess who could wield a blade? It was absurd.

Galron had to take several deep breaths ever since Andei entered the courtyard. She was breath taking gorgeous and with every turn she performed her beauty was even more admired by Galron. Her pride and strength was evident, not to a point of being arrogant, but to one of prestige of oneself. When she ordered the deaths of the others he nodded with approval as his men didn’t hesitate nor look to him for the okay, they did as she ordered. It was a first step in showing her that he held her and her family with utmost respect.

His brow arched when she made the offer to John Snow it was a very curious decision for one he had to ask her later when they were alone. His eyes fell upon her when she asked for the testing swords her eyes were upon him with an emotion that he could only surmise was a burning hatred for the man. But that only left him confused for what punishment would be worse than death? Again, he would have to ask her of this as well.

When the swords were giving her skill was astonishing. Her dexterity and control was equal if not better than one of his knights. His eyes for her grew with want as she show a strength that would not only help him rule and control this land, but would also inspire her people to follow her if she was to be their Queen. She held all the qualities that would make her an inspirational leader of not only the Highlands but of the lowlands as well. He would ask her to be his queen later this night after the royal family was giving final rights.

Looking ahead at the Mercenary, she could only assume as the King did not seem to have a control on him as he once thought. She looked to the King then, noticing his eyes on her as her back had been turned. He was handsome enough, or would have been had he not been partially responsible for the death of her family. He has knights, yet hired mercenaries. The blame fell on him as much as it was to the wolfish man before her. She turned back to the man, and flicked out her blade some.

"Face me, Mercenary, take your chances, if you don't, then I will have them kill you, slowly." She said, gesturing to the blade at his feet, rising her blade to him, and batting him in the arm. It do not kill, nor does it cut, but her swing was hard, and precise, enough to leave a bruise. She knew she was likely to receive several herself, but she didn't care, her skin was soft, but the underneath was much stronger. She needed to avenge her family, one way or another.

"Do you want to die?" She hissed, batting him again. "Pick up your blade and face me."

John Snow did not fear this little girl even if she could swirl a weapon around. That was probably the best move she had. No, what he feared was the King at the moment. He never thought that his men would be butchered just because he killed the enemy that he wanted removed from power! How much more can you be out of power if they are dead? No, this was his way of showing this princess that his heart was thinking of her when he found out they were killed. It was just a ploy, and no matter what he had to do, he was going to undermined this king and kill him when he thinks all is going so well. He will strip him of his soon to be Queen and his life.. He smiled inward…

The blast to the arm and her mouth angered him as he grasped the weapon. “Time to feel pain bitch.” He hissed anger flowing out of him like heat from a flame. He stood there not moving looking at her. His eyes searching for that weak spot. No, the hell with that, he was just going to street beat her like there was no tomorrow she wanted to feel pain, well she can have. He swung the sword so that the flat part of the blade slammed against her outer thigh. He wasn’t going to fight the noble fight and keep the battle above the waistline.

He smiled at her after the blow… “Ye asked ye shall receive.” He hissed his massive hand gripping the pommel of his sword, bringing up his finger on the other hand he enticed her with a wiggle of the finger… Come and get it!”

Andei wince as she took the first blow. She checked the strength of the blow and now she knew him. "Very well." was her response, as she darted forward, quick on her feet, she gave a weak stab at him, jutting out her blade, but this was a decoy, as it allowed her full access to his chest as he dodged the blow, only for her foot to connect with two strong back kicks then flipping out of his reach. Her flexibility was great, she knew that, like an acrobat, and this she would use to her advantage. He was stronger then her, bigger and and while he was quick, she was smaller an therefore faster. She also knew that he would win this fight, but not the battle. He would still be bound to her, even if he didn't want to, or die. Either way, it didn't matter to her, her family would be avenged.

She could see he was angry, and that would do. It would make him think less and attack more like a savage and this would be his undoing.

This is going to be easy! His mind rattled as he dodged the weak attack of hers, but then he realized he was deceived when two strong back kicks connected with his chest sent him a few steps backward. Her agility was impressive as she vaulted away from him. “Well, well the minx has tricks.” he readjusted his grip upon this weapon. Moved toward her, keeping his body knees slightly bent, his arms slightly away from his body prepared for her speed. He watched the one thing she could not use to distract him, her mid section of her body, that would always tell him which way she would go.

He closed in on her, not crossing his feet as he ducked walked toward her, Waiting for that opening that she now was protecting this time around. Quickly he dropped down scooped up some dirt and tossed it at her face, swinging low aiming for the spot he hit her earlier, he wanted to work on her legs. If he could put the hurt on that already throbbing leg he could slow her down and that would take her advantage away and just leave brute strength for the testing. Something he was clearly above her. He had to say that he admired her heart, she ability for he never thought that he had to be tactful against a woman, especially a princess!

He only hoped that after beating this bitch down maybe the king will let him have her first to break her in for him, he mused that idea…

“Well, well the minx has tricks.” He said, readjusting and she smirked. She didn't have the element of surprise anymore, but that was fine. She didn't expect to win, she just expected to make him work for it.

He moved toward her then, and she braced herself, he gauged her pretty well as far as she could tell, and she would have to rely on her mind and speed.

He closed in, ducking as he moved, and she cut across with her blade, but at the last moment, he threw dirt in her face, blinding her for a moment, and connecting with his blade. Her leg sung with pain, as it was the same place he hit before. Recovering, she backed away, trying not to favor the leg. This slowed her down more then she'd hopped but she was still quicker then him.

"Alright then...street rules then." She said. "Leave it to mercenary to fight without honor." She said, and darted forward again, moving in a zig zag motion, kicking up a flurry or dirt and sand as she moved to hinder his vision before sweeping low with her feet, and kicking his out from under him. She twirled on her hip, before getting to her feet and straddling him. She held her blade to his throat as the dust died down. She knew all he had to do was pivot his hips and he'd toss to the ground, but she wanted to show him.

"If this were real, you'd be dead."

She was skilled he wouldn’t take that away from her, in fact when he felt her on top of him he felt he tautness and it surprised him. Most princesses are pampered but not this one. She had the fight and the means to fight in her. He was impressed, but he still had to point one fact out to her. “Yes, M’lady, but if this was real my very fist hit upon you I would have severed your leg and stood there watching you bled out.” Was all that he said. He smiled as he raised his hips up pressing himself against her womanhood. “Did I let you do this?” he put the questing into her mind…

A clap from the side was Galron. “M’lady you are skilled with a blade. I am impressed. You are a credit to your families name.” his words were sincere. “But we must being to put your family to their final resting place. Then we have matters to discuss. You may bring you personal body guard with you when we meet for our talk.” He looks down but braves the matter even if he is opening the door for her to spit in his eyes. “I do ask if I may attend the final resting place with you. I did not want this to happen.” he asked her for permission.

John only looked up at her with a smile, but the look he gave to the king was one of questionable intentions. John turned and look up at Andei, her breast were heaving to the exertion of their combat. She truly was a gorgeous lady. One that he wouldn’t mind bedding before this King mauled over her with his hands and cock, making her is royal slut..

“Yes, M’lady, but if this was real my very fist hit upon you I would have severed your leg and stood there watching you bled out.” He said, his hips moving upward, pressing himself against her. Oddly, she only smiled curiously. The fight had gone from a grudge match to something like good sex. “Did I let you do this?” He said and she smirked and opened her mouth to speak, but the clap of the King stopped her words short.

M’lady you are skilled with a blade. I am impressed. You are a credit to your families name.” He said and she narrowed her eyes in his direction. “But we must being to put your family to their final resting place. Then we have matters to discuss. You may bring you personal body guard with you when we meet for our talk.” He said and she climbed off of her new bodyguard and dusted herself off. I do ask if I may attend the final resting place with you. I did not want this to happen.” He asked and she took a few breathes before speaking, tossing her practice blades aside.

"You took my families home, conquered our people, and you intend on attending their funerals, the funerals of people you thought to conquer..." She laughed ruefully as she glared at him. "You look weak." She said and and got the feeling he was trying to loosen her up. She was not a woman that took kindly to sweet words, they were just that, words. She prefers actions. She turned to her opponent, "You, yes, you would taken my leg with a real blade, but as I do recall...I struck first." She said and walked off, not noticing the extra sway in her walk as she left the two men behind.

Galron removed his cloak, Walked over and picked up the practice swords. Nodded to the guards whom pulled their weapons and lowered them toward her. "Weak, You want action very well. As you whipped this dog. Now fight a knight whom has risen to power by the battlefield. My terms to you. If I win You become my Queen tonight, You win, I set you free in the lowlands as I was going to do for your entire family. But you want action well come and I will show you how weak I am. " His voice filled with anger. He was trying to give her family respect, give her respect but if this is how she wants it so be it. He tossed the sword down to her..."Shall we?"

He took a stance, spinning the blade with his right hand then switching to his left spinning the blade non stop. His eyes were battle hard along with the few scars that could be seen under his tunic. His agility was uncommon with a man whom showed strength as well. A truly sight of a battlefield veteran. He wondered if she really knew what made him march upon her castle. Someone whom was so proud as she was she couldn’t have known the treachery that her family was doing to mankind by not allowing the ore of the north to be bought or shared for the lowlands would have battled the Orken kind and kept them at bay from ever reaching the highland. So the question is why didn’t they sell the ore to the south? Now he didn’t care about showing any respect to her family she was going to see the entire situation once he put her arrogance into place.

“You truly need to open your eyes and look around about you. Not just in your kingdom but in this region and maybe you will eat your words of me being weak and not taking action. But for now this will do.” he motioned her to come .. “Lets get this over with for I have a lot to do.” his voice showing the impatience of this petty game…

"Weak, You want action very well. As you whipped this dog. Now fight a knight whom has risen to power by the battlefield. My terms to you. If I win You become my Queen tonight, You win, I set you free in the lowlands as I was going to do for your entire family. But you want action well come and I will show you how weak I am. " Andei turned around with an arch brow. He was angry now. These men were so quick to fight but not to think. He tossed her a sword and she looked at him and his words struck her. Queen? He wanted her as a Queen, for all his ire...he was attracted to her. "Shall we?"

He took a stance and began to dance with the sword. He was skilled, but she figured that, he was a conqueror.

“You truly need to open your eyes and look around about you. Not just in your kingdom but in this region and maybe you will eat your words of me being weak and not taking action. But for now this will do.” He motioned for her like a dog and she turned up her nose. “Lets get this over with for I have a lot to do.”

"No." She said and that was it. She didn't pick up her blade. "I did not question the weakness of your body, You are a King, I can see your scars, I questioned the strength of your mind." She said tapping her head with a finger. "If you wish the wager, battle me with wits, and cunning, not a blade...." She said, and looked to the guards that held blades to her. She could easily disarm them, instead she marched on. "Show me your mind, Your Grace, until then, I'll be in my chambers." She said and pushed through the swords. She highly doubted he would have them kill her, especially with her words just then it was chance and she knew she seemed proud to the point of hubris but this was not so, This was a game, to fight a knight, a sword will do, but to face a King, that required cunning, something which she had an abundance of.

When she turned and started to walk toward his guards he waved his hand to allow her passage for when she spoke of using the strength of mind he had that game already won. He managed to conquer a kingdom that had better armor, larger military force, the high ground advantage for his archers with only one hundred men. The total lost of live was just under the force he sent to take the castle. He only smiled and shook his head, she was testing him to see how far she can maneuver under him. He didn’t care about her really, he got what he wanted the mines, the ore. She could have walked out the front gate this very moment and he wouldn’t have cared but she walked into the caste as his prisoner which he didn’t care if she was or not. So who was cunning?

He did find her attractive and it has been a long time since he has had a woman, especially one as beautiful as she, but he wasn’t going to falter his peoples needs over a woman. He will try to gain her respect and love by what he does with and for her people. The one thing he will do for them is protect them from the Orken kind. The other things he will do when things come as an issue. He sighed heavily for now he must send troops into the town to inform them of their defeat to his lands. Then he stopped for a moment and realized that she wasn’t talking about him conquering her castle as he did, she was talking about over coming her people without use of cruelty or force but to have them do things willingly for his better leadership for him earning their loyalty. That would have to be her as their Queen.

He didn’t have time to play this game so he had to talk to her about what was threatening her kingdom and allow her to decided to become his Queen so she could rule the people while he battled the Orken kind. That way they would be the workforce behind the army. Yes, that was the move he had to make. He looked over at John “Should you not be with your charge.” He chuckled as he walked past him, “Don’t anger she kicked my ass too.” he voiced as he walked past the guards and headed to her bed chambers.

He knocked, waited a few moments then entered into her chamber. “I do need to talk to you. Time is not on our side. Please hear me out.” He looked upon her with a little awe of her form and beauty but pushed his eyes to hers.

Andei had pulled her skirt high above her thigh to nurse the bruise that was forming on her leg. She played it up well, but it hurt, greatly but it was worth it. Now, the mercenary that killed her family would spend the rest of his days atoning for it by protecting her. Now she could allow herself to grieve. She took a breath and her bravado fell, with nothing but the walls as her witness, she sobbed into her hand.

She was raised to be strong, she was the eldest, a woman yes, but the eldest, she was meant to marry and rule besides Kings, she knew she could show no weakness and alone in her chambers, there was no one to show.

So she cried, so much so that her chest ached from it. To think this day would have been her wedding day, her betrothed was to ride in, and she'd marry him and end the coming battle with the Orken. She didn't love him, no, but he was decent enough to her and he seemed genuinely fond of her. As a princess, that was the best one could hope for, Fondness, not love. That was for stories. she didn't know what was to come of her people now, since the King wanted her for himself.

A knock came to her door, and she rose, wiping her eyes allowing her skirt to fall back into place.

"Enter." She said and soon the King stepped inside. “I do need to talk to you. Time is not on our side. Please hear me out.” He said and she sighed. "The Orken?" She said, "This is what you wish to speak to me about?" She asked, somewhat rhetorically.

"They were coming before, and I was to marry their eldest son...you ended that capturing the Keep...but please....go on."

Galron stood just inside the door. "Yes, It is about the Orken Kind." He looked a little upset about hearing the arrangement for now he knew why they moved from the north to the south. That is why they also wouldn't help in anyway.

"Well I guess you just know everything don't you. Well, What you don't know is that when your father betrothed you to them their armies turned south killing mine. Now I know why your father turned back my runners asking if we could buy ore from your minds the answer was no. Sure the armies stop coming this way for they gained an ally so they went south killing my people. It all makes sense now.

I really do applaud your families cunning. Sent the army to kill others instead of making an alliance and fighting off the invaders together. I guess that is why you look down upon me for I will fight for all against an army that rapes and kills women and children. instead of well." he gestures toward the bed, "Getting in bed with them. Yes, I do applaud your families cunning. Well, I guess what I will do is take all the armor, weapons and ore from here and go south once they realize that my army are kicking their asses, they will turn north for the whores and slaves.. I do hope you can lead a broken army against them to protect your people from the savagery that is befalling my people at this very moment. My outer rim communities have already been attacked. They are a week away from my castle. Enough time to divert them this way.." his eyes showed pain as he spoke. "I wish you the best." He opened the door, "Tell the captain of the guard to strip all armor and weapons from this entire castle. We leave by sunset. Have the men we sent to the mines to take all the ore that as been mined and blow the walls to cave it in. We don't want the Orken to use the ore as soon as they get here." He sent the runner to issue his orders. "Oh I wanted to let you know that you could have walked out of the main gate at anytime. I wasn't interested in you, just the ore. So when you walked into this castle as a prisoner it was your decision to stay. So who is cunning?" He walked out of the room...

Andei swallowed. It wasn't often that she was outwitted but he had. He won his wager. Yes she knew what the Orken were, what they did but this was to stop all of that. That was the hope anyway.

Andei took a breath and opened the door.

"You won...."She said. "You've outwitted me, you've proved your cunning...." She said and graciously bow. "If it is still your wish, Your Grace," She said, and she hated what was to be said next. "I will become your Queen this night." She said, "My family has been avenged, I need no more games."

He stopped and stood for a few minutes in thought. Not if he was going to stay here and have her as his Queen, her people needed her and his people needed her. What he was thinking was how to win this war with the least amount of deaths of their people. "Yes, I do wish to have you as my Queen, but not for the reason you think. Our people need you. I do this for them." He turns around to her. "Our people of the south needs a strong woman to get the things they need while the king is off fighting against a horde of savages. Our people of the north is to know that their way of life isn't going to change except some of the men of the army will have to come with me."

He looked at her, "Now I would like the personal body guard to be with you. I know you can take care of yourself, but you don't have eyes in the back of your head. So he will help lower the risk to you. Now M'lady If I may have a leave of you. I need to stop all the stupid things I set in motion." He waited for her approval to leave her presence.

Back
Top Bottom