Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

World War V [Nnaasttey x Shani]

nnaasttey

Super-Earth
For what started out as a normal day for Marquive "The Marq" Freeman turned south rather quickly. He had just been flown back from his fourth tour overseas as a private contracted Mercenary. This2s most recent trip was especially lucrative and just as equally carnage filled. He'd added about 2 dozen more kills to his belt, and needed to be debriefed. He washed up and got dressed on the coporate jet on the way in, and headed straight to the facility after touchdown. Usually he was attended by a few suits during debriefing but only when it was extremely sensitive would they wait outside.

Marquive sat in the stainless steel chair surrounded by nothing but 4 steel walls, in front of him a desk and laptop, which was usual, he waited for the signal to connect, and when it did, his commanding officer Gen. Trenton greeted him.

That's when he knew something was seriously wrong, the image that usully appears on screen is some blacked-out image of a sillouette, but this time the general himself was actually speaking to him

"Excuse my language but what the fuck General, I haven't been briefed like this since WWII....Are we at war and I dont know it?" Marquive asked disturbed

" I'm not going to lie to you soldier, you've been too good to this country, but a lot has happened in 24 hours. We were attacked by cyber terrorist, 5 nuclear warheads have been launched from our facilities to our allies, and they targeted every compound with known ties to the Day Walker Project. You are our most secretive assets and they wanted to know if you were tied to the project, of course I denied your existence but then they captured Julie and Karla I'm sorry soldier...." tears ran down the General'a face, he knew that it was over for him but he hope he could still save the best damn soldier he'd ever known! "RUN MARQ TH---"

BANG BANG BANG

Three shots, point blank rattled the screen leaving blood splattered on the laptop camera. Marquive couldn't believe his eyes. The only father figure he'd ever known was killed in his face. While he wanted to mourn, his survival instincts kicked in; his identity was compromised and he had to get the fuck out of this place now!

Marquive got up walked to the door and gave a listen, he could hear the thundering of footsteps headed his way about 100 feet down the hall. He knew that if they were coming for him they knew he was a Vampire, so they woils be somewhat prepared for his abilities, but they're things about himself that he could do that he didn't even reveal to his commanding officers, and now was the time to use them.

As his would be captives approached he used his powers to knock out every light in the hallway, leaving them in complete darkness, bursting through the door a flurry of bullets showered the steel door he held in their path for cover! As he advanced he heard their orders but neglected to obey; he lunged forward leaping from his feet as grenades were hurled his way exploding around him, his flesh burned. The impact of explosives slowed his momentum as he dropped the shield; a barrage of bullets tore into his vsmpiric flesh but he was able to project an image of his riddled body lying dead before them as he suffered from the barrage, which caused them to stop. He was on bended knee focusing on his regeneration, but he had not eaten in hours and needed to feed, as they approached what they thought was his dead body they had lowered their gaurd, and that's when he sprung into action ripping throats from neck with fangs and teeth he got a hold of a knife and went to town slicing up the opposition. It was such a narrow corridor movement was very restricted at first but as he dwindled down the number it became more reasonable. The onslaught lasted minutes, then they were finished and he had to vanish. Marq feasted on a few corpses as he heard the next regimen descending upon him. Using all the power he had in him Marq evoked an ancient spell which allowed him to do just that; he slowly started to emit this black vapor around his body until he was completely just a dark shrouded cloud, and escaped throught the ventilation system to the outside world.

Marq knew his home would probably be crawling with gunmen or worst, so instead he headed to a safe house he hoped wasnt compromisedo too. When he got there his prayers were answered, and he wasted no time trying to get in touch with his home colony. He wondered, if they knew about Project Day-Walker then the colonies were probably on their hit list too.

He sent out a distress signal hoping that someone from his home colony would pick up, he had family there, a few girlfriends and a child, if the enemy had gotten to them then he was ready to unleash the gates of hell, literally, on the entire world!

The day had been beautiful, the sun was shining the birds were singing, everything was calm and peaceful. Nothing seemed out of sorts, a typical day like any other. Lucinda going about her chores, basic things, shopping, laundry, yard work anything the young woman could do during the daylight. She couldn’t stay out in it for long but she could be out much longer than the others who would instantly burn. Often keeping an eye out during the day light hours other than there basic defenses. Lucy often stayed out of what was going on in the world as much as she had to keep an eye out, she preferred not knowing, the world was a dark and cruel place lacking understanding. Not liking the ways of the world staying rather sheltered away from it in the colonies coven.

Lucinda started to feel uneasy she was used to quiet being one of the few who could function during the daylight hours, but this was unnerving. Her emerald eyes scanned the area
Feeling the gentle breeze flow through her crimson curls. Chalking it up to her imagination she continued hanging laundry on the clothes line to dry. Lucinda thought she heard footsteps look around knowing none of her “family” would be out during the day light. She heard a clicking of a gun being cocked turning quickly she ran to awake and worn the others that something wasn’t right. As she ran bullets began to fly at her screaming as she was shot in the shoulder and the leg. Quickly getting inside hitting a high pitched alarm that would wake the others but humans wouldn’t be able to hear it. Locking the doors, seeing bullets flying through windows, staying close to the ground. Seeing and hearing the others moving about. A few came out, “No time to explain get to the safe room.... Meet up in the cities safe house...get away from here...” When one came into view she was shot right in the head. The others shrieked running to the secret safe room where they could access the tunnels. Noticing that the high pitch noise wasn’t going off in every house as if it had been cut off and the lines were dead. Looking out the window seeing men in armor busting through various houses shoot it up and chasing others out into the sun light hearing them scream as they burned in the suns rays. Crawling quickly getting to a closet, opening a nearly invisible secret hatch, climbing through before closing it back up hearing her house hold being broken into.

The tunnels went far under the earth leading to a safe room and various decoy rooms only they knew which tunnels to take. Plus they had tunnels that lead out of the area and into the cities. Once reaching the safe room, she heard the distress call, running to the emerency phone, picking it up “Hello...? We’re under attack...they're everywhere...many are dying...help...” Lucinda spoke quietly not wanting the men upstairs to hear her, bloody tears fell from her eyes from fear and pain.

The signal was weak, and at first Marq could barely make out a single word over the static. He focused his extra-sensory hearing to a fine point and strained to make something out of what just seemed to be white noise, and the harder he focused a message did seem to be coming through. There was was hope! There was a response!

The words were broken and the voice was barely audible, so Marq tweaked the dail a bit more. Marquive's eyes were narrow slits as he strained to listen; greyish-blue irises shifted  back and forth as his head leaned his closer. His pulse was pounding. Marq consciously slowed his breathing trying to stay calm, but the thought of what could be happening to his little Lucinda was tearing him up inside.

Marq's hands started shaking, and he could feel a serious migraine headache starting to creep it's way into his brain,  fatigue too was beginning to settle in again. Vanishing into thin air is useful but costly, all the energy he got from feasting on those Homeland Security bloodbags was almost used up completely. There had to be a supplement around here somewhere, he thought, this was after all built as a safehouse for his kind if a situation like this ever came about. While he kept his ear tuned into the noise he moved silently as possible around the room looking for anything that could help boost his strength.

That'a when the sound of white noise and sine waves were broken by a clear cry for distress. He froze in his stance, snapped his head back toward the radio.

"
Where under attack....there everywhere..."

Marq could feel that knot of angst and the cringe of emotion swell up in his throat, that feeling you get before you cry, as you try and hold back tears, his stomach sank. He knew that voice his baby girl.  Marquive was sick to his stomach. Carnage, death, and killing  was his life, but he never ever wanted his baby girl to have to experience the same cruel twisted world her father had grown accustomed to. His  fear for her safety and the agony he experienced over her current situation quickly shifted to an angry hatred which bordered on blind rage.

"Lucinda! Lucinda! If you can hear me, don't stop running baby girl, keep running, I'm coming for you. Keep taking the North Road route, and when you reach the next safe house get top side, head for the Hotel on Constitution, there should be a room under the name  Sam Newton. Take the stairs up to the room floor it should be room 808 Wait for me there! I'm on my way I promise! And who ever did this is going to pay.

He waited what seemed like forever to hear back from her, hoping they had not gotten to her in the very moment. It was quite and still and his blood was starting to boil!

Lucinda hid in the corner with the radio watching her friends and family run out from the tunnels heading towards he next safe point. Siting still trying to push the bulles back out of her shoulder and ger leg. It was painful seeing the blood gently drip from the wounds. Listening hoping whoever was signalling them was still there. Listening for a return call, while listening to the screams and the blood shed upstairs. Finally the bullet in her shoulder fell out. Sighing as she fought with the one in her leg.

After a bit of silence she was about to leave thinking he other was gone and she needed to get to safety. Hering her name and a ale speaking to her over the radio. "Daddy!?" She asked listening to his directions. "Daddy it hurts...I've been shot twice...many are dying...only a handful have come through....I'm scared..." She said listening everything seemed silent hearing a loud crash. "They're in the tunnels..."

Marq was relieved, he hadn't known how much anxiety he'd had waiting on the other end of that radio, while waiting to hear back from his baby girl until he actually had. His emotions were all over the place. He'd never experienced fear before this moment, but that fear made way for relief when he heard that frantic voice over the air waves, there was still hope.

"Baby you have to get back into the tunnel and keep moving north! I know you can make it Luci! Be strong and just keep running until you reach the hotel please just make it there and daddy will be there baby and daddy will male these people pay!"

Marq was now furious thinking about all his beloved only daughter was going through, he wanted to teleport to the home base but that just wasnt possible with his current energy levels, another vanishing act would likely kill him and defeat the point but he knew that of Lucinda could get to the hotel room he'd be able to even the score with who ever might peruse her and of course make sure his daughter was safe and in his protection.

"Can you make it baby, can you make it there for daddy?"

Lucinda hadn't seen her father in quite some time, glad to hear his voice especially in such a tragic situation. She was terrified never having been around gun fire or violence for that matter, living in peace with the rest of her people. Now there were others there storming the grounds attacking them, to her knowlage they had done no wrong sure a few feedings here and there but that was it.

"Some of us have gone through the main tunnel heading to other safe points...I don't know if I can...I'm scared and hurt..." She replied sofly listening to the footsteps hearing them discovering the wrong tunnels usually leading to dead ends or traps.

Lucinda didn't know if her mother had made it, not remembering if she saw her get into the tunnel or not. Looking around seeing if there was anything in the safe room that could help her, it was hard being only half a vampire, her human half was always interfering with her abilities taking longer to heal and she wasn't as fast as the others, the only plus was being able to stay outside longer.

"I'll try...Daddy...I'll try." She said her voice was soft as she said it not really thinking she would be able to make it to the hotel. She disconnected the charger from the radio taking it with her like a walkie talkie. "I'm heading there now..."

Back
Top Bottom