Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Princess' Pet [ Bear & Rook10 ]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Elle took solace from Ulven's gentle affections, stroking his cheek softly and scratching his jawline out of habit. He seemed to always sense when she was stressed and needed his comfort, and now more than ever she needed his stength. She waited patiently to be formally released from her seat at the table, grasping Ulven's leash as if he were more beastly and tugging it half heartedly.

Once they were in the relative privacy of the hallway, she let her hand go lax and signed. "He announced it. He wasn't supposed to announce it." She murmured, shaking her head as she lead the way up to the Maester's study.

The Maester was an elderly man, with half clouded eyes and a large nose. Though old, his hands were gentle and steady. "I feared I would see you again, my dear." He greeted without turning from his lotions, "Lay on the bed." He motioned to a bed positioned where the best light was.

Elle did as told, her face pale as she lifted her knees, her dress pooling around her hips. The man turned to her slowly, sighing as he sat at the foot of the bed. He pushed her dress up to her lower belly, sighing as he leaned closer. "Oh... Dear." He shook his head, lowering her dress. "Your maidenhead has been broken. You're unfit for the Prince."

Ulven was waiting outside the Maester's chamber though his ear were able to clearly pick up what was being said. He mulled over Elle's earlier comment and the King's announcement. This was another example of the difference between Humans and Anthros. It hadn't occurred to Ulven that it would matter when everyone found out about Elle's virginity, Anthros didn't care about things like that. He knew it was important for the marriage but how public opinion tied into it all was a foreign concept for Ulven.

He supposed people would want to know who or why her maidenhead was broken and that could lead to an investigation into the two of them. Or perhaps the truth would be hidden and the King would come up with some other reason as to why the marriage is called off. He scratched at himself while he waited out in the empty corridor. The important thing was that Elle wouldn't have to marry Gunter now and therefore she should be safe from his plan.

The Maester returned to his potionwork as Elle got back up from the bed, her cheeks flushed a bit at it being stated aloud. "Princess, I will have to report it to your father... From the look of your womanhood... Your virginity was taken very recently... And very roughly." He sighed, hands pausing. "I know this is sensitive... But were you taken against your wishes?"

Elle bit her lip, tempted to lie. "I do not wish to speak of it Maester." He nodded, pulling a fresh parchment from his stack. In delicate writing, he gave an account of his findings. "I'm sorry, my dear. Your father will be upset that you are sullied. You may go." She gave a small curtsy to the man before leaving, reaching out to grasp Ulven's hand.

"I think... I think he knows."

Ulven's ears perked in surprise. "How could he know?" He asked trying to think of other options and possibilities. He snorted, this was not good, if the Maester made accusations against the two of them it would not end well, regardless of whatever Elle would tell her father. He looked at Elle, concerned for her safety above all else. "What do you want to do? Do we stop him from telling your father?" Ulven was not accustomed to killing, he was mostly just for show and he didn't hold the same ire for the Maester as he did for Gunter. But he had to protect Elle all the same. It wasn't like they could convince the Maester to report differently, that would ruin their current plan. His head swam with all the different factors, this was becoming more complicated than he was able to manage all together on his own.

She squeezed his hand, hoping to assure him that all was going to be alright. "Maester is a good man... I don't think he will tell father about who it was that broke my maidenhead... Or how he believes it happened... I believe... I believe he will report it as a rape... And with how Prince Gunter is, my father may believe I have already taken him to bed."

"Then wouldn't that just mean the marriage is still on?" He questioned. He understood the negative connotation of rape but didn't see much of a difference between Gunter forcing himself on Elle and Elle being forced to accept him by her father. The premis was the same, how would this help them of the King believed Gunter to be responsible? Ulven paced the floor nervously. This just wouldn't do, if only they could make Gunter not want her, no it wasn't even Elle that he wanted, it was the power he would gain by marrying her and there was no getting rid of that...but there might be a way of getting rid of Gunter.

"We need to find out if you father still intends for me to guard your wing of the castle." He turned to her, waiting for her response.

Elle shook her head, knowing that the finer concepts of human hierarchy and laws were a bit too high for Ulven's understanding. Even though he was capable of understanding a great deal about humans, there were some things that he still just couldn't understand no matter how hard she tried to explain it to him. "No, Ulven. Rape would mean that he had violated me against my will. It would be an insult to the kingdom to take me before the offer has been made proper." She said, trying to think up an analogy that would give him a good feel on what she was talking about.

"Think of it as this -- if I had a cookie but I wanted to give it to you and you took it before I made the offer, it is rude and an insult." She said, though she didn't like to think of herself as a cookie. It was close enough that he would be able to get the idea, though. Ulven brought up a good point - if her father didn't want Ulven in her wing of the castle the plan would be voided. "Yes, we should..." She said after a long while, taking the hallway that would lead to her father's study, where she was sure that he would be. It was well known that after meals he would retire to his study to finish his drinking for the night and review the day.

Ulven wasn't particularly fond of cookies, he actually found them to be disgusting, but he understood the general point even if he still thought it to be mundane. He walked with Elle down the hall way, collar and leash still prominent. Along the way they passed numerous servants who, upon seeing Ulven, suddenly remembered that they had forgotten something in the other direction. It was a little depressing for him, some of these servants typically greeted him or at least weren't afraid to walk by him. Such was the price of a reputation, he supposed as they plodded along in silence.

Once outside of the large wooden door Ulven sat to the side, even on a leash he had never been permitted inside of the King's study and did not expect that to change tonight. This was his life, always reacting and never being able to act in regards to humans without specific instructions, even if he knew more than they did. He scratched at himself with a hind leg, irritated at how slowly things were progressing with no indication of Elle being any less in danger than she already was.

Elle felt a familiar ball of worry start to form in her stomach as they came to a stop in front of the door to her father's study, her eyes glancing up at her pet before she entered, giving a gentle knock on the door. "Father, it's Elle." She announced as she stepped in, shutting the door behind her. The room was round and sparsely decorated, though a large desk took up most of the far wall, just beneath a window to give the best light. Her father was seated at the desk, sipping on a large glass of some liquor that he'd brought up from the cellars.

He didn't turn to her, but he usually didn't. "Father, I've come to... To inquire about tonight?" She asked, her voice hesitant and nervous. While the man had never laid a hand on her, he was still not a man to be taken lightly. He had been in battles and had won his wars, had killed and nearly died on several occasions. He had overcome the sickness that had wiped out his brothers and lived to become a man of strength and valor. The man sighed, setting his glass back down onto the table as Elle approached him.

"Tonight... Tonight you become a woman... Far sooner than I'd have liked, but yes." He said, his voice sounding resigned, "You will lay with your husband to be and be deflowered.... And please, don't protest. But your last night of sleeping with your pet was last night. You're an adult now, Elle. You don't need your dog in your bed." She stared at her feet, feeling like she wasn't much of an adult from how he was talking to her, "Yes... Father." She said, though she was reluctant. "Is... Is Ulven going to be guarding my wing of the castle tonight? I... I don't wish for anyone to interrupt mine and my husband's... Love-making." She said after a moment.

The king sighed again, rubbing at his brow as if she'd asked a rather difficult questions. "Yes, I suppose." He said after a moment, waving her away, "Just... Go. Remember what we've talked about." She nodded, turning away from him and leaving the room grim-faced and stomach full of butterflies.

"Father... Father says that you will guard the wing tonight."

Much like before, Ulven was able to hear the entire exchange through the wooden door but neglected to comment on that fact. They could make this work, he could keep Elle safe. He could tell that she was bothered though, not wanting the King to over hear them, he placed the leash in he hand and led her down the hall, back towards her room. Once safely away from the study Ulven spoke, "What is it that troubles you? If I am to guard the wing then you will be kept safe. Gunter will never lay a hand on you." His fur bristled slightly as the thought of Gunter forcing her beneath him crossed his mind but he calmed himself and they continued to plod along until reaching Elle's room. The bed had been replaced with a much larger four posted frame and instead of pink sheets there were instead blood red ones. Clearly this bed had been hand selected for this night and most likely would have been here regardless of the state of Elle's old one. Ulven's actions only served as a good excuse to bring this new one in.

Ulven sniffed at the pile of carved wood and embroidered cloth, it smelt completely foreign and stood very out of place in the Princess's room. He supposed this was her and Gunter's 'wedding bed'. What a farce!

As always it seemed that Ulven could read her better than anyone else in the kingdom, able to tell that she was troubled. "I... I am not sure, Ulven. Father seems troubled. Perhaps the Maester hasn't sent him the report..." She mused, thinking of what could possibly be written on the paper. Either way, she could never know. It was for the king's eyes only and he wouldn't be one to share information such as that lightly, especially not with the handmaiden that Elle could occasionally convince to tell the murmurs of the castle.

The bed that had been put into her room was elegant, an absolutely beautiful creation of wood and fine linens. The mattress was stuffed well with feathers, making it a complete delight to lay on, though it was obvious that they had wanted it for more than just sleeping. "It's lovely... I fear they had planned to replace my bed tonight regardless..." She said, running her hand over the smoothed wood. "This is the bed they wished me to lose my maidenhead on..." Her hand moved to the sheets, a soft smile on her lips, "Do you feel pride knowing that you robbed them of that?"

Ulven pondered that for a moment. Pride was not something he experienced often and had not really considered that fact that he had robbed Gunter of the prize he had so looked forward to. "Yes, I suppose I do feel some pride in denying Gunter your virginity." He stood a little straighter with his chest puffed out. "I'm more concerned with your safety though, Elle." He moved beside her, his fur brushing against her body. "I don't know that I'll ever understand why humans put so much work into things like chairs and beds, it seems a waste of time. Then again what else would you do with your time if not carve shapes into the wood?" He sniffed at one of the posts. Clearly the wood had been treated with some sort of oil. His ears flicked towards the door as some servants walked by on their way out of the wing by order of the king himself. "It's starting to get late." He observed.

He was proud, as he should have been. It was no small feat to not only easily romance a princess, but to also have her to be the one that would come on to him. She was proud that she had convinced him to take her, though she had been the one to lead the both of them to it. He had held back, that was for sure, but mostly for her safety. As he brushed against her, she nuzzled gently into his fur, smiling up at him. "I'll be safe as long as I have you, Ulven." She murmured, leaning over to hug his neck softly. "You'll always be my protector." And that was true, because his kind were bred to be the protectors of mankind, strong enough to rip a man to shreds with his claws but gentle enough to hold them close when scared of the dark.

Elle had released him just moments before servants walked by the door, the lack of privacy making her skin crawl. His odd comment on human behavior made him smile, mostly because it was such a simple way of looking at things. "We make things like this because they are beautiful, Ulven." She traced the delicate parts of the wood, where fine decorations had been placed with skilled hands. "Humans are prideful creatures. We take pride in having beautiful things and being beautiful people, and keeping our land beautiful... We are fickle like that."

She frowned, because her observation was fearfully true and she was scared of what it implied about herself. Instead, she busied her mind on his next comment, her eyes trailing to the opened windows. The sun was setting and dying the sky red as blood, turning slowly towards black. "It is," She agreed, moving her eyes towards the bed, of which her feelings had started to sour, "I... I suppose we need to... Prepare." She said, placing herself on the soft, supple sheets. "You will come for me... Right?"

Ulven stuck his head out do the door way and sniffed. It appeared everyone was now gone and he could move about the hall freely. He turned to Elle who had laid down on the bed. "No." He said as he reached for her and scooped her up in his arms. Cradling her as such he carried her to the bath chamber one door over, the same one she had used earlier that morning. Placing her inside he continued. "He will come for you but instead will find me. Do not leave this room for anything. I love you, Elle." He turned and closed the door, regretfully he could not secure or barricade it in anyway. Elle would have to trust him and stay put. He had decided this night would end in blood though whose remained to be seen. He walked into the room and opened the door to the balcony, the breeze filling the room and the sun illuminating a small portion of it.

Uklven inhaled deeply and felt his body relax for a moment before stepping inside and crouching in the shadows on the far side of the room opposit the closed door. It was in this silence that he began to change his frame of mind from being a pet to an animal. It was not a hard thing to do though he had never killed before, he was sure instinct would guide him in that. He wasn't sure how long it was that he sat there, it could have been minutes or hours. His heart was beating so loudly that he hadn't heard Gunter's footsteps and almost jumped when the door creaked open and the prince stepped inside.

She had already started to prepare herself mentally for what was to come before Ulven came to her 'rescue,' but she was taken by surprise when he lifted her off of the bed, cradling her against his chest as if he were her newly wed husband about to carry her into their first home. Elle didn't object, curling herself against him happily and nuzzling into his soft fur. There was a small loss in her chest when he set her down, because she truly enjoyed those embraces where she could feel his heart beat against her skin, and knew that he would be there for her. Her hands were the last part of her to let him go, her eyes locked on him in adoration. "I love you, Ulven. I promise that I'll... Stay put." She said, feeling horrible as she said the words. She knew what was to come, and she didn't want to see it. Ulven was a beast, after all.

Elle placed herself on the far side of the room, curling up as small as she could get and closing her eyes, turning her mind inward to the fantasy land she'd dreamed of as a child.

Outside her room of peace, the war was beginning. Gunter hadn't stopped drinking since the dinner, and it was apparent in his dazed expression and slack jaw. He had come, expecting for there to be a nubile princess waiting for him in the bed, stripped and ready for his sexual attentions. Instead, he was presented with an empty room, the doors mostly closed, save for the one off to the balcony. "Princess?" He couldn't even say that word correctly, stumbling his way into the room, hand on his hip for security, as he'd hidden a small blade there. It was little enough to hide easily, but jagged enough he could pass its cuts for the markings of a beast - specifically, Ulven.

"Come on, my pretty... Let's have a little fun," He jeered, stepping towards the bathroom, as it seemed to be the most logical place to start.

Gunter's drunken stench filled the room just moments after he stepped inside. Ulven's night vision was made it easy for him to see the man creeping forward with his hand resting at his hip. In truth Ulven was not ready for the emotions that over came him in that moment. Hearing Gunter refer to Elle as "my pretty" angered him. Ulven had never needed to develop a talent for stalking so instead of padding forward silently he waited until Gunter stepped into the light from the balcony. At that moment his tightly wound muscles sprung as he lept several feet forward with a growl, landing in front of his prey. He stood on his hind legs and towered over the human, reaching back with his right arm his batted Gunter with the open palm of his hand, intentionally avoiding clawing at his tender flesh while still in the room. He used such force that it would be send the drunken despot flying out onto the balcony.

Ulven stepped fully into the light and blocked the doorway into the room. This was his first act of violence against a human, somehow it didn't feel as good as he thought it might. All he felt was anger that someone would dare to harm his beloved and for that offense he would have blood. His anger seethed so deeply that he would never notice Nyla perched in a tree in the garden, watching the confrontation from a distance.

There was always something unsettling about stepping into a room that was a bit too quiet for what it should be, a bit too still for what he expected. It seemed as if the room were holding its breath, waiting for something… Something, but what? He’d found it as the great beast that was Ulven pulled himself from the shadows, seeming to be a larger shadow that rebelled against being a non-substance. The massive paw struck Gunter before he’d even realized what was going on, his drunken mind moving too sluggish to understand that he hadn’t been attacked by a figment of his own hellish nightmares.

The man was gasping for breath as he hit the ground, struggling from just the single strike. It would have been awful for just an ordinary man, but worse for him because he had never been struck before in any manner of the word. As reality set in, his mind sobered up a bit, adrenaline pumping hard through his veins. Ulven towered above him as he scrambled backwards, closer to the edge of the balcony than he was comfortable with, but it was his only way away from the beast.

“What-what do you want?” He managed to stammered out, “I can give you anything. Money, beasts, power… A-anything!” He was, of course, going to attempt a bribe before anything else, because even Gunter understood he was no physical match for the anthro.

Had Ulven been more worldly or perhaps if the basis of his hate was not centered around someone whom he loved then Gunter's promises might have saved him. But Ulven had no need for money, no desire for anyone other than Elle, and any power he could hold would always be second to that of a human. Except for now, in this moment he was in control. He moved out into the balcony, his towering frame lightly illuminated by the moonlight. "You came to spill blood, Sir Gunter." He spat the name as if it left a bitter taste on his tongue. "And it it blood that you will have." He lunged forward and took hold of Gunter by his clothes with one claw and lifted him up, his sharp talons ripping through the fine fabric and leaving small cuts across his chest. With the other Ulven vaulted them both over the railing so that they would fall to the ground and he would let much of his weight come down upon the man's chest, cracking several ribs. Ukven continued to apply pressure, ignoring the man's arms and legs. He wasn't sure how would be best to kill Gunter or how much more it would take. The man was already spitting up some blood and he was sure blood was trickling from his claw marks but how much of a mess should he make? Did he really need to kill him even?

Nyla followed their movements from her perch, her green eyes glinting and her heart beating at the sight of one of her most hated humans being dominated ruthlessly by her favorite anthro. The only downside was that she knew he was doing this all for the perfect little princess. What a waste.

He was at first confused by the beast's words, not only because he'd momentarily forgotten his plans of murder and taking over the kingdom, but because alcohol had a terrible effect on him. He could hardly remember his name, much less anything of true importance. He fought for an excuse as to why he'd been plotting to kill her, but he came up short. It was only expected, as there was no real good reason to kill someone innocent of any and all crimes.

Gunter found himself victim to Ulven's rough attentions now, as limp as a ragdoll in comparison to the beast's massive paws. He could do nothing but cry out each time a claw dug into his tender flesh, his scream turning into a bubbling groan as his ribs were crushed. He felt them bend, the pressure building until he felt the harsh snap in his chest, pressure releasing as they stabbed into his organs. He coughed and blood spattered from his mouth with spittle, black stars dancing in his vision. But just behind Ulven, a vision all its own - Nyla. Her eyes were glowing in the dark, and he reached for her weakly.

His mouth was incapable of sounds now, but he mouthed her name, the plea for help plain in his eyes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom