Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Homeless.. SamsonsDemise-Myself

Elvenoff

Super-Earth
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-tCndkfl31Es/TwYSC9ymz2I/AAAAAAAALjY/IEAiMOBAC-8/s1600/Alone+in+Street+by+Simonas+Berukstis.jpg

Dark skies streaked with lightening brought warning to those on the streets of New York City that a storm was coming and shelter was upon all those peoples mind, but that wasn’t the only storm coming to a single soul whom was at the wrong place at the wrong time. The single car, the man standing at the driver side window face became visible with each flash of light from the gunshots. His turning toward the single figure that stood just down the road, a female, one whom had no place to call her own, watched in horror as the man began walking closer, his hand rising up with the weapon taking a careful aim, but headlights shine upon his face blinding him, giving her time to flee, to avoid her own death.

The man angered by the homeless girls escape, he had to be careful, he had to watch and listen with this situation as the time goes by, but for now there was nothing he could do now but wait. He would come to this area a few days after to look about but for now it was now just too hot. Frustrated the man moved away into the dark shadows.

He stood for a moment hoping that girl was foolish enough to come and investigate what happened. Some of these homeless people would be desperate enough to walk up to the car and see what they could pillage and sell at a pawnshop. He just hoped she was some drug addicted girl who needed to find an easy score of cash to solve her desperate need. So he waited to see if she would come back, if not he would follow his first initial plan...

She wasn't that kind of girl. She may have been homeless but mainly because she ran away. An abusive wealthy family is what she had left in her past. But here in front of her gun pointed in her face was the only real time she had longed for her prior life. A place where she was able to hide away in a plush high security home. Alas she made her way to the abandoned building she was calling home for another week before it was demolished. Curling up into the pile of stray cloth she had gathered over the last year of being homeless she was warm enough though her cough was sharp and dangerous,

Her eyes shifted around for a bit nervously and she tossed and turned at the hunger pains ripped through her stomach. She left her hat behind. The one with exactly 15 dollars which she had gotten from central park that day, There went dinner. She rocked herself trying to get to sleep but it was hard. She could not bare the fact that she had just witnessed a cold blooded murder, She knew most of the gang members on the streets and she had no idea where the man was from or why her was in the area. All she knew was he killed someone and was trying to kill her to cover it up

Tom Kain looked over at the clock while his cell phone chirped and rattled upon the nightstand. He knew when he got the detective spot things would change for him, but getting woke up at three am was something he had to get used too. He reached over and grabbed his phone, “Yeah!” was all he said, and that was all that was needed for the other person to begin to inform him of why he was called at three am. “Yeah, I’m on my way.” he replied after getting the information.

“Damn,” he muttered when the cold air struck his body. Shivering, he walked over and killed the cheap ass radiator. He had to find a better paying job or go shoot the cheap ass landlord for not getting things fixed around the place. He slowly made his way into the small bedroom, which was still being used as a storage place for all the boxes that he has yet to unpack. He was too damn tired to search for a clean suit so he just grabbed the one he wore earlier. “What the hell it’s a murder scene, not a damn dinner and show.” he growled to his inner voice while pulling on the pants.

Ten minutes later he was driving down one thirty four just south of central park. The area was lit up with red and blue streaming lights from the multiple radio cars. Pulling off to the side, he got out and walked forward showing his badge to the officer at the police line tape. “Hey Tom,” His old patrol partner spoke up. “You caught this one huh?” He shook his head sympathetically, “Yeah,” Tom muttered as he walked up to the car that held the dead body of a man. “So what do we know?” Tom asked as he lean down and inspected the body. “The vic’s name is John Mason, a CEO of Cyberdyne inc.” Sam uttered.

“Time of death was around midnight.” Sarah informed him as she continued to examine the body. “Its obvious that a GSW is the cause of death, By my analysis it was at least a 9mm but will have to wait till I get a good look at it downtown.” She continued. “ It was a close range shot to the head, I would say about three feet away.” She added.

“There is no wallet or anything of value oh the body everything was taken. We ID him through his prints. We did find a brown beret about fifty yards up the road. It had about two hundred and fifteen bucks stuffed in it.” Sam held up the evidence bag for Tom to see. “Can we get any prints off of the bills?” Tom asked.

Sarah nodded, “Yeah if they weren’t wearing gloves.” She had that smirk upon her face as if she was talking to a fool who didn’t know that. She bit her lip and looked away from Tom’s ‘really look’ that was upon his face.

Tom looked around, “So this is all we have to go on?” He shook his head as he looked at the evidence bag again. “Any eye witnesses or any off block camera’s caught anything?” he shook his head when he got the nope that he knew was coming. Let me know if you find any prints on the bills.” Tom asked before walking away back toward his car.

He had a few things he had to enter into the Precinct computer that would take a few hours, hopefully they can get something off the bills or the beret that could give him a lead...

Back
Top Bottom