Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Things Are Not Always As They Appear (translucentfeathers & Nadie)

Elliot gave Viv an appreciative once over. Damn, is there anything she could wear and not be a total knockout? Elliot was certain there wasn't. He offered his arm for Viv and led her out to his car and too the small cafe. The windows were tinted and there was a guard at the door. There were a few photographers outside, waiting to see who would show up. Elliot walked up with Viv and the guard nodded and opened the door for the two. The restaurant was a small and cozy coffee shop type of place with a little stage for acts the owner would book on a regular basis. Elliot let Viv to a corner table and sat down across from her. The waiter showed up with two menus.

"Can I start you off with a drink?" he asked.

Vivienne followed Elliot inside, settling into her seat across from him as she glanced over the menu. It was a wonderful reprieve to sit undisturbed by fans or photographers and it tugged a bright, broad smile from her face. The young woman leaned back in her seat, watching her companion. When the waiter asked what they would like to drink she asked simply for a water before turning her attentions back to Elliot, wating for him to place his order before continuing. "Only a little bit of time left on the set, are you excited to finish?"

Elliot ordred just water as as well then turned to his date and nodded. "Yeah. It was a great ride. I am looking forward to seeing the finished product." He said. He would be lying however if he wasn't going to miss working with Viv everyday. Surely they will work together again.

The night went by smoothly and he took Viv back home. They said their goodnights and then Elliot kissed her softly before heading back to his car with a wide smile.

After the movie wrapped Elliot took some time off to explore his new relationship. Everything was normal, apart from the fact that it has been more than two months and they have yet to sleep together. Elliot was fine with that. He woukd give Viv as much time as she needed.

That night they were heading to the GLADD awards. Elliot was nomimated for his performance in a film about a gay man who, from the pressure of his family, goes into conversion therapy. It eventually leads his character to commit suicide. Elliot delivered a powerful perfomance in the film. Mostly since he knew from experiance about therapy and battling depression.

He dressed in a black designer tux then headed to Viv's to pick her up.

It had been a long few weeks that added up to the two months consisting of their relationship. With a soft hum she tucked a strand of curling blonde hair behind her ear, a small smile on her face. When they're film had wrapped up, and Elliot's newest film had gotten mass attention and exceptional reviews. The award ceremony tonight was something she was proud of him for, along with the powerful performance he had given.

Her hands smoothed over the simple dark green dress she wore, the strapless gown was form-fitting and hugged her frame, floor length and simple. No crazy beadwork or poofs or frills, the dress was simple and elegant and quiet, just what she liked. Vivienne opened the door when she heard Elliot, smiling up at him and the handsome image he made in the tux.

When Elliot laid eyes in Viv his heart skipped a beat. She was stunning in her gown. The feeling he got when he saw Viv further cemented how hard he has fallen for this woman. Elliot offered his elbow to his beautiful girlfriend. "Shall we m'lady?" he said then led her to his car. They arrived in no time and he led Viv inside as photographers clicked away at the couple. Reporters stopped them to ask about their relationship and any new projects they would have in the works. After going through the motions he led Viv into the hall and to their seats. The show went on and soon they called for the category Elliot was nominated for.

"And the award goes to..." the presenter said and when she called Elliot's name the crowd clapped. Elliot leaned in and gave Viv a kiss before standing and going to accept the award.

Elliot stood at the podium and cleared his throat as he spoke. "Thank you very much for this honor." he began, seeming a bit nervous but only ones who knew him well could see it. "I am also very honored to be able to bring attention to LGBT issues." He looked up and met Viv's eyes before continuing. "It hit home for me, being a member of the community myself." He saw the looks of surprise, most assuming he was coming out as gay. "Growing up and having to identify as the gender you were born with due to society norms is no way for anyone to live. I did for far too long and once I was finally true to myself I was finally happy. So I decided to no longer hide who I am." Elliot stood tall and smiled at Viv "My name is Elliot Clark. I am transgender." Everyone stood and applauded Elliot for his courage.

Vivienne was proud of him. Elliot had come so far in his life, with these struggles that in truth shouldn't even need to be struggles. It had never been a hot topic for her, Vivienne had always been supportive of anyone who was on the road of self discovery or acceptance, but it never had struck her just how difficult someone going through this. At least, not until she watched first hand what her boyfriend had gone through.

Elliot's speech was moving, and it had her smile broadening and her chest almost bursting with joy for him as he revealed himself to the world. She knew there would be people who would be offended, who would take it as a personal insult, but she also knew that Elliot didn't need those people in his life. He had his career, he had her but most of all? He had himself, his strength and his own passions and drives and she couldn't be more ecstatic for him.

She stood with the rest of the crowd, clapping animatedly for him, cheering as loudly as she could. Tomorrow would be a whole new world for Elliot, one that would probably hurl as much praise and judgement as it could towards him, but Vivienne knew Elliot could handle it all and that his courage would inspire many suffering in silence or doubting.

Back
Top Bottom