Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Things Are Not Always As They Appear (translucentfeathers & Nadie)

She shrugged out of her jacket and kicked off her shoes before heading into the kitchen. "Well, we have boiled water, perhaps I could interest you in some burnt toast?" She glanced through the fridge. "Or an overly ripe apple? Or maybe my specialty," she hummed before straightening and plucking several menus off of the fridge. "Chinese take out or Pizza...both an excellent choice," she said with a wink as she grabbed her phone and flopped down on her couch.

Her littke orange furry ball of fluff had come running out when he heard Viv's voice but stopped short when seeing Elliot before glaring slightly at the intruder. The cat made an obvious show of huffing before disappearing again. Vivienne shook her head before grinning up at Elliot, "Well, what would you like?"

Elliot chuckled "While all that sounds appetizing I think I'm feeling pizza. Any toppings you like." he said then spotted the furball rushing out then expressing it's displeasure before retreating back to where ever it came from. He just chuckled then followed Viv to the couch and sat down. He waited for her to order before speaking again. "So.....uhhh....how should we approach this?" he asked. "I mean yes we are attracted to one another, but the media buzz it will create is something we need to think of. And well.......there's also my....." he didn't finish, still not used to discussing it casually. Even with someone who doesn't seem to mind.

She placed an order for some pizza and garlic bread, rattling off their address and location before returning her attentions to Elliot as he joined her. She thought over his question with a small shake of her head. "The media and tabloids will twist whatever happens between us to what the public wants regardless of what we say. I figure simply denying it would push them to pry more...if we admit it, make a few appearances getting coffee and eating together while joking around on the set-you know, what we do already," she said with a smile. "All that will give them the pictures they want and a story the public craves."

She leaned back on the couch. "As for the...other stuff," she said, a slightly unsure and nervous look slipping over her features. "Maybe you should head that up since it is your situation and you have the experience?"

Elliot leaned back and put his arm on the back of the couch. "Hmmmm...I suppose you are right." he said "Well I guess if they will already make assumptions. Might as well not hide it." Elliot then put his arm across Viv's shoulder and gently pulled her close to him. He sighed and thought over how to approach this. "Well....I think it's best we take it slow " he said, kissing Viv's temple. He was fine with taking it slow. Being not born male he was able to somewhat control his urges until Viv was ready.

He quietly sat there, holding Viv close to him until the door bell rang and he released her to retrieve the pizza. He grabbed a slice when a thought struck him. You know, I need you to try my homemade pizza." he said before taking a bite. "I use an authentic Italian recipe from my family." he added. He was proud of his cooking skills and it kept him close to his family. Even though barely any of them speak to him any more.

Elliot agreed which was a start. They could take things slow and once the time comes they could have a discussion about it. She felt..she wasn't sure if uncomfortable was the right word, moreso unsure. The arm wrapped around her shoulders made her feel comfortable though so when the pizza was brought over she stole a slice for herself. "You're Italian?" She asked with a small smile. "I didn't know that." She wanted to get to know him more, to learn things about him.

Elliot nodded "Yeah, well, I'm half Italian, half Greek." he said "My birth mother was born and raised in Venice. She left when I was only 6. I haven't heard from her since." he said, getting a distant look in his eyes. He was surprised he told Viv that. What was it about this woman that made Elliot telling her everything about him. He grabbed a second slice. "But yeah....I thought about getting back into contact with her. But I don't know." he sighed. He had thought about it a lot but he had no clue why his mother left and how she would take what her child had become.

Vivienne listened as she picked at her pizza, her legs folding underneath of her as she watched him discuss the aspects of his birth mother and her abandoning him. She watched his expression and lifted a single shoulder, "I know that sometimes reopening old doors and wounds do nothing but cause pain and bring about grief while other times? It can be cathartic and bring closure." She took another bite and chewed thoughtfully. "I know that may not make sense."

Elliot leaned back and thought over Viv's response. "Nah, it does." He said. Perhaps one day he would reach out and contact his mother. But it wouldn't be any time soon. After dinner they settled in for some movies on the couch. Soon Elliot can be heard snoring lightly as he held Viv close to him.

When Elliot fell asleep, Vivienne raised a slight eyebrow before twisting her mouth into a small frown from where he was holding her loosely. With an easy hand she slipped his arms from around her to rise to her feet and head into the kitchen. She cleaned up from their meal, washing the dishes quietly and boxing the remaining pizza to put into the fridge.

At Elliot's passing out she heard a soft noise of a certain ginger cat joining her in the kitchen. With a bright smile she scratched the little feline behind her ears before grabbing some food for her little friend.

Elliot turned to his side as he dozed. He was out for about fifteenth before slowly stirring and waking up. He sat up and stretched before getting up and heading to the kitchen were he found Viv. "Sorry about that." he said as he scratched his head, his hair now sticking out in every direction. "It's been a long day and it was so relaxing being with you." he confessed then spotted the orange cat and kneeled down, extending his hand out. "Hey there little guy." he said, waiting to see f the cat will come to him and say hello.

She watched as her cat glared daggers for a moment before finally walking over with a snubbed air, allowing himself to be pet by Elliot. She shook her head. "He isn't really a social cresture," she said apologetically before finishing washing their dishes. "And no need to apologize, Elliott. It has been a rather long day for you, you know?"

The fact that they had just agreed to date was a nice way to end it all though, and she hoped he was as excited as she was in regards to their potential relationship. She wasn't quite sure where they went from here though because for her the only thing she really felt like would be changing would be adding a physical element to it all and that...while she was open to it, she had no experience in when it came to this sort of situation. There was a tumultuous swirling of questions she wanted to ask but simply was unsure of so she thought it best to let him address things as they happened she supposed.

Elliot chuckled as he pet's the cat. "It's ok. He seems to be somewhat warming up to me." he said as he straightened. "Well...I should head out. I think it's best we keep as low as a profile as we can and not be seen coming out of each others apartments in the morning." he suggested. He wanted to try and keep this private for as long as possible before someone exposed them. He was very much looking forward to dating this woman and getting to know her even more than he already have. The physical aspect of it. While he very much wanted Viv he knew they had to pace themselves since she was new to this. They will cross that bridge when they come to it. He walked over and gave Viv a soft kiss. "See you on the set tomorrow. We can have lunch and maybe make some plans for an official date." he said with a smile then made his way out.

So just a mild relationship between us for public eye then? No sleep overs or untoward advances. We still both agree to acknowledge it when asked and offer up some photos of simple dates and low profile things together to appease them like we discussed?" She nodded briefly as she hurried to follow him to the door since he seemed intent on leaving.

She kissed him back and kept it chaste despite wanting more and simply shrugged when he offered up plans of an 'official date'. "I rather liked our unofficial first date tonight," she said with a wave before shutting the door behind him. Vivienne wondered at how this would play out and if Elliot would change his mind about them...about her. It seemed like he was already nervous if he went from agreeing to being open and providing the public with the relationship images and words rhey craved to changing his mind and keeping it exclusively between them. Vivienne shook her head. She would stick with their original plan as she stated before he left. Vivienne wouldn't hide him if pressed or act as though she was ashamed. No. She would be exactly who she always was and never make him feel like she doubted their potential or would hide what they had. Vivienne just hoped he would feel the same.

Elliot chuckled "Indeed, I enjoyed it as well." he said as he headed to his car. "Low profile is best for now. Let's enjoy it while it's just our relationship before it becomes everyone else's." he said through his car window before he started the igniton and gave Viv a genuine smile before driving off. Upon arriving home he went in and got ready for bed. As he showered then settled into the bed he began thinking about that they had in store in being a celebrity couple. This was all new territory for him and he hoped he could handle it. Also, he hoped he wasn't exposed in the process. That is what he dreaded most. And would Viv be ready if he was out in the spotlight fully. He drifted off, praying it would all work out well for him and his new girlfriend.

Elliot rode in the next day and headed right for his trailer. When he headed in he saw a new magazine on the couch, probably left by his manager. He sighed deeply when he saw the picture of Him and Viv kissing at the concert last night with the caption "Romance blooms for A-list Actors." He picked it up and skimmed it before tossing it back down. "Well....it was a good...." he checked his watch. "......nine hours of a private relationship while it lasted." he headed back out and went to the coffee shop across the street for breakfast and coffee for Viv and himself, acting like it was any other day. He waited for her to arrive at her trailer with coffee and breakfast in hand.

The phone call from her manager was a bloody nightmare, and Vivienne struggled out of her vehicle, balancing her phone on her shoulder next to her ear as she tried pushing her sunglasses up on her head and juggle holding her purse and the new script revisions she had been asked to study.

"Yes Jerry, I know I should have-.....Well I would hardly call it an affair seeing as Tom and I broke up almost a year ago.....that is not my fault that YOU insisted on pushing rumors he and I secretly were reconciling when I haven't said more than two words to that bastard in six months...of course Jerry, my love life is angled to create issues for you, that is the sole reason I date anyone, simply to make your job more difficult-" Vivienne glanced up in time to see Elliot with coffee and breakfast and it made the rush of the morning just melt away. "Jerry, I have to run. Bye."

She shut off the call and smiled brightly at Elliot. "Did you knownwe apparently have been seeing each other for months and according to one very adventurous trash magazine you are planning on proposing next week?" She smiled warmly and took her coffee before bouncing up on her toes to offer him a quick peck on the cheek, hand resting over his chest for balance as she did so before nodding to her trailer. Vivienne opened the door and nodded Elliot inside.

Elliot just watch in silent amusement while Viv talked to her manager. He was sure he had a few dozen missed calls and texts from his own manager. He will get back to him later. He returned the kiss and followed Viv inside. He walked in and placed the breakfast on the counter of the small kitchen before turning to Viv and rubbing his chin, seeming to be deep in thought.

"Hmmmm, that would be the logical thing to do." he said, sipping on his coffee. "Because according to another mag, you are carrying my child." It always amused him the things those people come up with. He picked up a croissant from the box he carried in. "So have you thought of a name yet?" he asked. "I'm thinking Alex." he chuckled as he washed his bite down with his coffee.

"Works for both genders and isn't one of the crazy fad setting names the other oddball celebreties are inventing...I like it. But of course it would mean I would go on hiatus for a few months until I can give birth and 'shed the pesky baby weight'," she said with a huff before dropping unceremoniously onto her couch, body draped across the length of it with an arm over her eyes as she let out a soft groan. "Maybe I will have our imaginary child in Hawaii? I could handle a few months of faux pregnancy on a beach sipping beverages no child carrying woman would."

"And I give it three weeks before the world moves on to a new couple, add on another month or two if this movie turns out to be a success in the box office upon it's release." Vivienne's arm fell away and she glanced over at him with a smile, "As long as you are willing to smile for the camera's on set and off of course."

"Yeah. It's not "east" or "mango" or whatever they come up with. I mean seriously. Do they not realize they have to live with that name for the rest of their lives?" Elliot said as he watched Viv in amusement. "Hawaii sounds good. Best to relax in your condition." he said as he walked over and sat on the arm of the couch, grinning down at his girlfriend. "I am more than willing to smile. Especially if I am discussing you." he said as he gently ran his hands through Viv's hair. Overall he didn't mind they were found out so quickly. He would have preferred this and being open about their relationship than having to sneak around.

A knock came a few minutes later. "All actors needed on set." a voice called out. Elliot stood then reached his hand out for Viv before he headed out to start their day.

With a sigh she took Elliot's offered hand, missing the way his fingers had curled through her hair moments ago and let him lead her outside. She managed to snag her coffee and a croissant as they went and gratefully ate the breakfast he offered her before heading over to make up.

It had been a rather long and boring day on the set. She worked on some solo scenes along with the scenes based around her capture and what happened while being held hostage. It had always been a common misconception that movies were filmed in chronological order based on the plot line. Granted, the scenes were filmed in proper order as best they could, but some days props, extras and even effects didn't line up properly, and it was always a test of your character to be thrown back a few pages in the script to act out something that should have already taken place.

In the end she was covered in black grease paint and fake sweet blood that had a hint of corn syrup to it that constantly had her licking at her 'bloodied' lip and sending the make up and special effects artists into frenzies. When the scene was called she made her way back to the make up counter, not waiting for help as she tied her hair back and began rubbing off the smudges and smears of fake oil and blood while wondering how Elliot's scenes were going.

Elliot's day was pretty much the same. He was in the special effects room for most of the day, filming the epic final battle between him and the antagonist of the film on the outer haul of the ship. He always insisted on doing his own stunts. He would feel guilty of someone else got hurt in place of him. He moved to the choreographed punches and kicks with his costar and performed the finishing move of hooking his opponent's suit to an escape pod and launching it, sending him away and into the void of space.

After the scene was wrapped he sat in his chair, his shirt off since the fight had him work up a sweat. He sat back, sipping on a bottle of water then decided to go find Viv. He headed to were he assumed she was filming. She saw her removing her make up and smiled at her through the mirror. "So who won the fight?" he asked with a chuckle when he reached the counter and began removing his own injury make up.

Vivienne chuckled lightly, glancing up at Elliot's reflection, "Unfortunately, the make up artist, it seems." She eased back onto the small stool she sat at, glancing over to watch him work on cleaning himself off. She couldn't help but let her eyes roam over the lean hard lines of muscle and the skin of his chest and back before an uncharacteristic blush flared over her face as she went back to cleaning off the fake grime and blood.

"At least the blood is sweet, sent the special effects guy into a tizzy because I kept licking at the corner of my mouth," she said with a small grin and shrug before glancing back over at him, her face clean and bare of all make up, gore and non. Vivienne smiled at Elliot before nodding at him, "So, what should we do on our first night as an 'outed' celebrity couple? I feel like anywhere we would try to go we would get swamped or harassed...unless you are into that sort of thing."

Elliot snickered at Viv's answer, then noted the blush. How adorable was that? "Yeah, I had the same issue and Rob did as well." Rob played the villain he just sent into space. "They really should stop making it so sweet." He finished washing up and leaned back against the make up table, thinking over her question. "Well, I know somewhere we can go that we don't have to worry about that." he said as he rubbed his stubbled chin. "I have a close friend who runs a restaurant for high profile individuals who just want a night out without being bombarded. He even tells people to check their phones so no one can film them." He turned his head toward Viv. "I can get us in easily, you wanna?"

Vivienne contemplated the offer for a moment before smiling with a nod. "Is this the sort of place I would need to put effort into my appearance for? You know, makeup, hair and dress type of deal?" She asked as she finished cleaning up before glancing over with a broad smile. "Or can I get away with what I wore to the set today?"

In other words, she wondered if she would need to go home and change clothing or not before their night out together. "Because if I need to go home first I can make no promises of how punctual I will be should certain people with cameras follow me."

Elliot shook his head. "Nah, it's a very casual place." he said then grinned "Well.....I wouldn't mind you wearing that." he commented with a smirk then simply shrugged. "The camera's will be there whenever we decide to show. So feel free to take as much time as you like." he then leaned in and gave her a quick kiss on the forehead. "I'll see you then babe." he gave her a warm smile before heading off.

He got ready in his trailer, dressed in a polo shirt and slacks. He gave himself one more look in the mirror before heading out and going to pick up Viv.

Vivienne stood unsure in front of her mirror, the light casual sundress was bright forest green and brought out her eyes with a light little white jacket. Piling her hair up with a few pins she went about feeding her cat and filling her time with idle little chores around the house while she waited for Elliot.

When the knock came she grabbed her purse and opened the door with a bright smile. "Hey there," she hummed warmly as she slipped outside to grin up at him.

Back
Top Bottom