Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Things Are Not Always As They Appear (translucentfeathers & Nadie)

Elliot slept soundly and got up an a reasonable time. After shaving and dressing in a blue and grey plaid button up shirt and khakis he headed to the set on his bike. He decided to head over to a coffee shop across the street to avoid the sludge they called coffee on the set. As he gave his over his order her ordered a double and headed back across the street just to see Viv roll in. He chuckled when he got a sight of his costar, looking simply adorable in her. "I'm running late so screw it." look of glasses and tied up hair.

He walked over to Viv as she got out of her car and presented the coffee to her. "I got this to spare you of the horrifying brew they have around here." he explained, giving Viv his charming smile. It would turn into the routine through the course of filming. Elliot would go grab some coffee, quickly learning Viv's favorites, and sometimes some breakfast for them. Even bringing something home cooked. The two developed an off screen friendship that helped on screen. The two fed off one another and challenged each other to push each other to give their best performance of their career.

It has the eight week of filming and today was the day Elliot was the most nervous about through the entire film, the love scene between him and Viv. After his character learned of corruption and false accusations that sent Viv's character to prison he formed a plan to free her and succeeded. They got away in a small vessel, just the two of them. Viv would be the one to make the first move. Elliot had done a few sex scenes, but he was always the one who was in control, always on top. But this movie called for Viv to dominate Elliot. He was concerned if he could hide his secret from his costar. Well.....no going back now.

Time went by quickly and their resulting friendship as a result had been a comfort for her. Of course there were rumors floating around about them, photographs of him bringing her food and blessed coffee, their laughing and leaving set together. Of course none of this left her feeling unsettled or even pressured. Their friendship was secure and she felt happy and enjoyed herself on set because of it.

It helped her notice his nervousness on the set the day of the scene revolving around more erotic themes. A love scene, with her leading the head of it, and Elliot seemed...unsure. She slipped out of her make up chair when the artist went off in a scramble, searching for more hairspray, to head over in his direction. "Hey, about to start filming soon," she hummed, a hand reaching out to slip over his arm and give his bicep a gentle squeeze. "You all right?"

Elliot gave Viv a smile. "Oh yeah I'm good. I am always nervous before these kid of scenes. It never gets easier doing the most private thing in front of people. Even though we are just acting." he explained then heard their names being called onto the set. He headed over and sat on he bed of the sleeping quarters and after a few more finishing touches to his minor injury make up before they called action.

He sat at the foot of the bed, rubbing his face with his hands. He wondered how he was going to live on the run from he military he had been a part of for so long. He also wondered why he went to so much trouble for this woman. He knew the answer right away. He had fallen for the woman. He sigh and fell back on the bed as the script directed, which was used as Viv's cue to enter.

She blew a strand of hair out of her eyes when he left her, going to the set when he was called without giving her a chance to try and comfort him or talk or...anything. Vivienne worried for her costar, her friend. She didn't want this to upset what they had. At the second call of her and motioning from the director for her to get into place so she walked around to go to the entrance of the bedchambers on the set for the ship.

Her character entered, slipping through the door with an air of measured calm, eyes roaming over Elliots stretched out form on the bed. "How are you feeling, captain?" She asked, voice a purr. "Noticed you were injured..."

"Nah, I'm alright." Elliot said, his arm covering his eyes. He kept himself from looking at Viv, as directed. One look and he knew he would give in to his current thoughts. Elliot was getting more and more nervous. What if Viv really did get suspicious during the scene. Would she stop? No, she believed in finishing the scene no matter what. Elliot just signed then delivered his next line, the one that would begin the sex scene. "Can I help you with anything?"

"Well," she continued, eyes narrowing as her hands went back to unclip her hair. The long golden strands fell down over her shoulders in a mix of waving curls as she shifted and strode over, a hand coming up to loosen the fastenings of her leather top before shrugging out of it. She was grateful the scene wasn't a fully bottom nude one, the placement of blankets would hide their bottom halves once they got that far.

She reached the bed, and crawled on, her legs straddling Elliot's waist. Vivienne studied the man under her with a wide smile. "Actually, I was more interested in seeing if there was anything I could help you with, Captain...seeing as you saved my life and all. Hate to owe any man a debt," she said with a slow swductive smile as a hand came up to snare around the wrist of the arm he used to cover his eyes, shifting it to pin against the bedding above his head.

Elliot gazed up at Viv with a look of slight surprised that quickly turned to lust at the sight of the topless woman straddling him. He placed hoa hands on her hips, seeming to allow her to grind against him but in reality, hr was urging her pelvis away from his slightly. He hoped she wouldn't notice.

"Well, far be it from me to keep a woman from paying off her debt." With that he ran his hands up her sided then one hand went to her shoulder then the back of her neck to pull her down and kiss her deeply. The kiss felt amazing which he k we it would. But he couldn't enjoy it fully with his concerns floating around in his head. Soon they were directed to take each others clothes off and they only got to their underwear before the director called cut then they moved under the covers. The scene would cur then to another of a group of villains discussing how to find them then back to the two leads.

Aviv was once again on top, straddling Elliot and told to mimicking the motions of intercourse. He tried his best to keep Viv off but he lost his head a few times and Viv was grinding against him for long enough he knew she would notice something was clearly missing.

"Cut" the director suddenly said. "Elliot, don't turn you head away like that. You got to look up at her and meet her eyes. You aernt just havong sex, you atr making love." He said and Elliot nodded silently before gazing back up at his costar, a look of slight panic at what the woman might be thinking.

Later that evening Elliot sat in his private trailer, requesting that he be left alone for a short while. They decided to film other scenes so they would honor this request. He sat on the couch in the small, trailer. Dreading seeing Viv again. He knew without a a doubt she suspected something. Should he tell her? Can he trust he with a secret that was sure to greatly impact or possibly end his career as he knew it?

Something was...it wasn't wrong but it was different. Vivienne had suspicions and she folded her arms around herself when Elliot all but fled the set after their love scene. She got dressed, and thanked the costume and make up team and decided to call it an early day when the director informed them they would be shooting primarily side scenes and basic sets that didn't require her and Elliot since he had left.

She followed where she heard he had gone, approaching his trailer, hoping he wouldn't shut her out as she knocked against the door quietly. "Elliot? You in there?" She called, shifting on her feet. "C'mon, Elliot. .we...we need to talk." Vivienne waited on the front step two coffees she had picked up from across the street in her hands as an offering and a returning of the favor he gave her every morning.

Elliot closed his eyes and looked up at the ceiling for a moment before getting up and answering the door. He gave Viv a smile before letting her in and taking the offered cup. He went back to the couch and took a sip of his coffee before sitting back down. "So, what's up?" he said, trying to stay casual and pretended he didn't know exactly why Viv was here. He sat on the couch, not making eye contact with his costar.

He was avoiding looking at her and...if anything it just reaffirmed her suspicions he was hiding something. She walked over and sat next to him on the couch, silent for a moment as she pondered over her next words carefully. Was it really any of her business? She wracked her brain, searching for some sort of reason to just blow the whole thing off and ask how his weekend was until she noticed the shut down nervous look on his face.

She couldn't let him sit here and worry and torment himself. "Elliot...what's, I mean to say is that something felt a little different," she said hesitantly, "During our last scene that is." Vivienne ran a hand through her hair. "It doesn't matter to me, but it clearly seems to be an issue for you if the chance of me finding out sends you into this much of a...panic."

Elliot took the chance to look at Viv but then just turned away. "I wasn't planning on getting so close to you." he said then stood and walked to the other side of the room. "When I accepted this role I figured we would have just a business relationship and if you found out....I don't know.....one of my other costars have found out. She walked in on me changing. Luckily, she was trusted to keep it to herself and so far she has." He turned to face Viv. "But this is different. I was scared I'd lose your friendship. I have before...." He leaned against the wall, arms folded. "I lost quite a few friends because they just didn't understand or just found it too weird."

"I began transitioning about ten years ago. When I was twenty. After some therapy I finally realized why I wasn't happy. Even though I had a good job, great friends, and even a loving girlfriend." He let out a sigh. "She was the first to leave. She said to me there was no way she could be with me if I became male. She identified as a lesbian and she couldn't see me as a woman anymore. I understood, because I really wasn't one anymore. I had friends stop calling me and avoiding me." Elliot looked very vulnerable at that moment. He had never opened up to anyone like this since he transitioned.

"So you see why I would feel so concerned with you finding out. I have lost so many people I cared about. Even though some said they didn't mind they clearly did. And dating.." he scoffed. "Forget it. Whenever I would try to get involved I would have to stop myself because I'm sure she was not planning on....this." Elliot's golden gaze locked with Viv's "I don't want to lose what we have Viv. I have never felt more comfortable with anyone." he said then turned his head away once again, feeling better to have gotten it out in the open but now felt exposed and even more nervous.

The confession hit her like a freight train and she leaned back in her seat slowly, watching him as he spoke. Elliot was still a him, and he was still the same person who made delicous food and brought her coffee and teased her when he noticed her arriving breathless, running late with no makeup and somewhat resembling a drowned rat from her last minute showers.

With a small tilt of her head she chewed on her bottom lip a little before standing when he finished to mirror his stance, arms folded over her chest with a small smile and shrug. "This...this doesn't change who you are," she offered with a tilt of her head. "You're still Elliot."

She ran a hand over the back of her neck before shaking her head briefly. "And what we had wasn't in danger at any point through this," she added. "You are still the gorgeous male lead who rides a motorcycle and brings me coffee and provides me with a homemade breakfast after a long week. And you're still my friend, nothing you've said so far changes that....unless you add a confessional to the end that you like to spend your spare time killing puppies and collecting fingernails? I think we are good," she teased, smiling and hoping to brighten his mood a little.

A small smiled actually spread along Elliot's face. "I swear, no puppy blood on these hands." he said, holding his hands up to show Viv. "And I cringe at the sight of my own nails when I clip them so none of that as well." He then walked back and sat down on the couch next to his friend. He never felt so relived to open up to Viv. He saw the look on her face and knew he could trust her fully. He threw his arm over the back of the couch as he relaxed more, seemingly back to his old self.

"Well....we are done for the day. Would you like to go do something?" he asked "My pal Kyle and his band are playing tonight at the arena." he suggested. The Kyle he was referring to was Kyle James, the frontman for one of the hottest bands on the scene right now. "If that's not your thing we can do something else.

She smiled at that, glad he seemed at ease before returning to follow his lead and walk over and sit next to him again. She lifted her shoulder in a brief shrug. "Sure, why not?" She smiled a bit before leaning back on the couch, glancing over at him. "We can always grab a bite to eat afterwards, right? Maybe a diner or someplace open late...frenchfries sound like a freaking dream right now." She grinned at him before reaching up to shove him gently, "And a beer, here I was nervous about how I would look with my top off for the last week and there you were worried about...the opposite end." She winked with a grin before laying her head back.

"Sounds great." he said, smiling at Viv before standing. "And a lovely meal at Chez du Elliot sounds like a plan." he said in a pretty good french accent. Later that night Elliot showed up at Viv's in his black mustang. He usually drove his motorcycle to the set but he brought the car in case of rain or if he felt like driving it. He dressed in his usual attire of a t-shirt and jeans. His shirt sported the logo of the band playing tonight. He was clean shaven and put on some cologne for the night. He seemed to have made more of an effort to look and smell good tonight for their outing. He slung his jacket over his shoulder and headed to Viv's door then knocked lightly.

When she got home Vivienne got ready as quickly as she could. A pair of tight dark jeans with frayed ripped edges and holes, a tight black tank top she got with the white logo of her favorite band from her years in highschool and paired with some old converse she had worn on her feet when she moved to California.

Her hair she left down, the curls and waves untamed for once, while she skipped the heavy make up and just lined her eyes with black liner, grinning at the freckles finally getting a chance to be shown. With a kiss blown towards her furry baby snoozing on the bed she grabbed a small blsck weather worn leather jacket to shrug onto her shoulders when she heard the knock at her front door.

She opened it up, slipping outside before pausing. Wow...he looked, not just looked but smelled divine. She blushed a little and glanced up at him with a small grin, tucking her hair back behind an ear. "Ready?"

Elliot smiled widely at the sight of Viv. Those freckles are simply adorable. He had never really noticed them due to the make up she always wears. He nodded then stuck his elbow out for his friend after turning towards his car. "Yup. Let's go." he said then lead Viv to the car and headed to the arena.

Elliot led Viv in the arena through the talent entrance. He had called ahead and the door man presented them with all access passes before they headed inside. "Wanna go backstage and see Kyle before the show?" he asked as they walked passed road crews and various technicians who were hard at work setting up for the show. Some turned to watch them pass by but paid them no mind and went about their business. A show photographer took the opportunity to snap a picture of them. Elliot was sure to see that picture in a tabloid within a week.

Elliot led Viv into the room where Kyle James and the rest of the band where going over the set for the night. When the man with shaggy blond hair spotted Elliot he sat up and greeted his friend warmly. "Hey man, glad you could make it." he said then turned to Viv and smiled. "It's a pleasure to meet you. I saw you last movie when it came out in theaters." he added as he politely shook Viv's hand.

"Oh god, that thing?" She asked with a slightly mortified blush and smile. "I don't think I ever even saw it all the way through...the fainting scene in the hospital and that kitschy moment down by the lake?" She shook her head as she recalled that particularly painful damsel in distress in the modern world role. Small town girl character that was flat and lacked any depth. "I needed a shot just to get the will to show my face at the premiere. Admire your strength if you sat through the whole thing-blame my agent for that particular mess."

She leaned back and shoved her hands into her back pockets with a wide smile. "You guys are great. Don't normally have a lot of opportunities to get out much nowadays, especially to concerts," she hummed before smiling at Elliot. "Glad he offered to let me tag along."

Kyle just laughed "Oh come on. It wasn't as bad as Elliot's last role." he said as Elliot rolled his eyes. His last role was of a villainous pretty boy antagonist in a sex comedy who is eventually exposed as a furry. His character was caught having sex in a full fox costume and hilarity ensued. "I'd rather not be reminded of that." he said and everyone just chuckled and after some casual chatting the band was called to the stage. Elliot took Viv's hand and led her out.

The crowd was massive. The show was a sell out like it always was for them and when they took the stage the arena erupted in cheers and screams. The band fired up their first song and the show was underway. Elliot stayed on the side of the stage watching and staying close to Viv, glancing over at his friend from time to time. As the show progressed he was more relaxed and soon he was pulling Viv against him and began dancing with her to the beat of one of the more upbeat songs.

Vivienne loved the music, the heavy sound of an intense bass blasting through the speakers, the way it thrummed through her chest to her heart. It was fantastic. She loved even more seeing Elliot relax next to her, becoming more and more at ease. More himself. She leaned over against him when he pulled her close to start dancing.

She laughed brightly and shook her head, trying to warn him she was no good but he either couldn't hear her or didn't care. Viv gave in and tossed her arms around his neck as they danced, getting a little lost in the rhythm of the upbeat music.

Elliot placed her hands on Viv's hips to help her sway with the music. He was getting into the moment and all he saw was his beautiful costar, and her gorgeous lips right in front of him. When the song changed to a more melodic tune Elliot didn't pull away. He could hear the lyrics to the love song and that broke the last of his resolve. He couldn't hols back any longer. Before he could have any second thoughts he leaned in and pressed his lips to hers in a soft kiss. He knew it was risky. But the level of trust they had helped Elliot admit to himself that he was very much attracted to his costar. He was now willing to take that risk.

The hands on her hips, guiding her as they danced felt nice, almost intimate. Suddenly Elliot was there, those gorgeous lips pressing to hers and she gasped slightly at the bright flare of something she felt in response. Vivienne should push him away, should apologize and say she couldn't. They were coworkers basically, and it always ended badly when you dated a co-star...but she couldn't. Her arms around his neck tightened a little as she dragged him just a bit closer and kissed him back.

It probably would end with a series of tabloids and trash magazines. They would break up soon after the movie ended and she would be left heartbroken again as he moved on to the next gorgeous starlet. Vivienne just pushed the worries and the what if's aside though and when she finally broke away for air she simply stared, eyes wide as she tried to catch her breath. "Wow."

Elliot stared back for a while, a look of surprise. He couldn't believe what he had just done. He just kisses his friend, his costar. He always told himself not to date costars. It always ended badly. Elliot just chuckled nervously as he pulled away slightly. The band thanked the crowd and headed off the stage, signaling the show was over.

Elliot didn't say anything as he led Viv out to the car. He turned to face her as he leaned against he car. "Look Viv. I'm sorry I kissed you." he began, folding his arms which seemed to be his nervous stance. "It was a spur of the moment and you don't have to feel pressured into anything. But I should tell you that I am attracted to you. If you don't feel the same I understand and we can just remain friends." Elliot averted his gaze as he spoke, not sure what to do next.

She shook her head. "Don't...don't apologize Elliot, I returned it." Vivienne watched him lean against the car and she shoved her hands into her pockets. "I don't normally get involved with other co-stars, been burned one too many times, you know?" She started as her eyes went down to her feet. "I would be willing to try with you though. You've been nothing but a gentleman to me, and I have never felt pressured or unsure around you. You relax me and make me laugh," she added with a small smile as she continued to study her feet for another moment before glancing up.

"I would want to discuss it though, us, before we do anything or make this official. Maybe we can eat dinner at a restaurant tonight? Or I can order take out at my place. It would give us a chance to sit down and talk about things before start something?"

Elliot appeared to relax as Viv spoke and just smiled and nodded. "I think your place will work. It's best to discuss this privately." he said. If they were seen at a restaurant it would surely stir more rumors. He opened the door for Viv then headed over to the driver's side to ride to Viv's place.

He followed her inside and placed his jacket on the hook before heading in. "So what's on the menu tonight?" he asked as he walked in with Viv.

Back
Top Bottom