Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Things Are Not Always As They Appear (translucentfeathers & Nadie)

Vivienne moved around the set, dark green eyes taking in the extras and the crew bustling around in the early morning light. She sipped the coffee her manager had brought her. It was some horrid frilly soy concoction boasting natural sugars and the finest espresso that had her grimacing. What ever happened to the classic mocha? Or a caramel macchiato? Hell, even just plain fresh brewed coffee with a bit of cream and sugar was better than this bitter tasting liquid.

Have to keep up appearances, follow the trends and be a part of what is in... she heard her manager's voice ramble on in her head. She hated the mask and hype she was forced to keep up so she could keep whatever legion of fans currently stalking the latest media newsfeeds appeased. One wrong move and your career could be over simply because you supported the wrong brand or backed a faulty organization. It had nothing to do with actual acting and it was why, despite her manager's pleading she accepted the script from a lesser known director in a heartbeat.

The story was genuine and the characters had depth, something she had been hoping for and found lacking in some of the other roles she had been cast in. With her slim frame, dark green eyes and long golden blonde hair she was normally offered roles that had more to do with looks rather than actual plot...she simply looked the part was apparently a compliment in Hollywood. Never mind they expected her to cover the tattoos on her back and wear fifty pounds of make up to cover the dusting of freckles over her cheeks. Smooth pale skin was in but something like freckles, while perfectly normal, were not.

Vivienne found a quiet corner to drag a chair to before sitting down to go over the script, setting the toxic brew on the ground next to her feet...perhaps she could 'accidentally' knock it over. She smiled to herself and lifted the designer sunglasses off of her nose to rest over her forehead as she began reviewing the scenes.

The engine of the Harley roared down the road and into the studio parking lot. Heads turned and watched the rider slide off the bike then pull off the helmet they were wearing. He stood 6'2 with short dark hair and day old stubble with the good looks a leading man would have. Elliot strode into the studio with a swagger, wearing a black leather jacket, t-shirt and jeans. His aviator sunglasses hid his eyes but hey were a unique golden color that he inherited from his mother. A stage hand gave him a cup of coffee and took one sip of the piss poor excuse for a beverage before looking for a place to ditch it.

Elloit had accepted the starring role after reading the script ad enjoying the character depth and intriguing plot. He typically played the hero role, handsome love interest, or the fearless leader. In this science fiction movie he will be playing all three. He will play the role of the ship commander opposite of his female costar, who will be playing a bounty hunter who he joins forces with. Elliot was a closet nerd and loved anything fantasy or sci fi. So he jumped at the chance to play in this movie.

After "forgetting" his coffee on a table he spotted her sitting alone and reading the script. He recognized his co star right away. Vivianne, a cute blond number with several movies under her belt. He caught a few and was impressed with her performances and was looking forward to play opposite of her. He walked over ad lowered his glasses.

"Vivianne?" he asked but knew full well it was her. "I'm Elliot. It's a pleasure to meet you." he said as he extended a hand to the woman.

She was chewing absent mindedly on the nail of her thumb when she heard someone approaching. Glancing up she raised an eyebrow at the tall man who had approached her. With a little grin she eased back, lounging in her chair as she flashed him a bright smile.

"Charmed," she hummed easily, reaching out to clasp his hand briefly. The man was...very attractive. Tall, dark hair, gorgeous eyes that made her breath catch in her throat-just what she needed, to form a crush on her costar. "You can call me Viv, though. No need for formalities," she said with a wink before she afforded the script another glance to remember her page before shutting it.

She folded one leg over the other, the script resting in her lap as she fiddled with the fraying edge of a hole in the slim fitted jeans she wore, the tight fit flaring out at her calves and hanging loosely around her ankles. The slim fitted black tank top definitely highlighted her pale skin as she settled into the chair a bit more, foot swaying gently from where it dangled.

"So, Elliot," she said, glancing back up at him. "You a big science fiction fan?" Viv asked, glancing over his features. "Or is this just something you were dragged kicking and screaming to?" Vivienne hated working opposite of someone who was only there out of obligation, it tended to cast a dark tone on the set and left things so uninspiring.

Elliot had to admit. Viv was quite a looker. He would have fun being her love interest. "Well then since we are ditching formalities, you can call me Ell." he said then grabbed a near by chair and sat down next to his costar. He chuckled at her as he leaned back. "Exact opposite. I was a total sci fi geek growing up. Star Wars is my favorite. I dressed as few characters some times." he admitted. He saw himself being very comfortable around Viv. That was a good sign they are going to work well.

Soon the director came up to meet them and go over the scene they would start with. They will do all the easy scenes first and go to the cgi scenes and stunts as the filming moved along. The first scene was of Elliot and Viv's character meeting. He had arrested her after stowing away in his ship. They were lead to separate rooms to change into their costumes. Elliot dressed in a military style grey uniform and was asked to get into place. Viv was given her outfit then asked to get into her place. A stage hand put break away handcuffs on her before she went to the set. The scene was of her to slip out of the cuffs and fight Elliot for a short while before he would over power her.

Elliot took a deep breath and when the director called action he was in his character and then the door to the jail cell slid open and he walked in, his cold gaze on the woman.

"Who are you and what is your business on my ship?" he asked, arms folded in front of him as he waited for a response.

Before she could respond or think on how endearing the man's admission was they were being interrupted by the director. After a few moments in costuming and a bit of time in the make up chair she found herself in a pair of fake but realistic looking cuffs on the set. The dark brown leather outfit she wore was a little tight and showed off her curves but fit with the rough and tumble style she supposed a bounty hunter in space might ascribe to.

She eyed Elliot, or rather Ell, for a moment as she stuck her chin out defiantly a casual smirk sneaking across her features. "Is it always just about business for you captain? Or do you allow yourself to enjoy some more base necessities as well?" She purred, allowing her eyes to light up as she played the part.

Her character seemed focused on sex, but she used it as a distraction, or at least that was how the role read. Beautiful bounty hunter using her looks and seduction to throw off unsuspecting victims or target to get what she wanted and leave them in the dust trail she left behind. Vivienne glanced around the set casually, as though looking for weaknesses in the location, studying the scene for escape before she turned her attentions back to Elliot, giving the captain an appreciative but fake in character smile.

Elliot, as directed in the script, did not respond to Viv's advances. However, he couldn't help up scan his costars body in the skin tight number. He just shook his head. "I have more restraint than others you have tried to seduce." he said, back in character. At that moment the script prompted him to reply to an incoming message from the bridge. He placed a hand on his ear, where the com device implanted in his ear was located. "Yeah, ok stay on the alert." he said as he turned to the side as directed, giving Viv her cue to break free and start the fight scene.

With a grin Vivienne slipped the cuffs as soon as Elliot looked away, mimicking the way the prop and effects man showed her. Once free she moved swiftly, slipping behind Elliot to grab at the firearm he had clipped to a holster on his belt, attempting to take aim before he was supposed to disarm her and begin a fight where they scrambled for control. She pressed the weapon to the base of his neck. "Weren't you ever taught to never turn your back on an enemy, Captain? Amazing you have survived as long as you have..."

Elliot stiffened as he felt the firearm on his neck. As directed he showed no fear as a slow grim spread across his face. "Allow me to show you how." he said. Elliot moved in a choreographed movement that seemed slow but will be sped up in editing. It displayed his characters enhancements of speed and strength. He moved behind Viv after grabbing her arm and locking it behind her and disarming her. He breath was against her ear as he spoke. "Don't underestimate me, princess." he said with a smirk.

"Ok, cut!" The director called out and Elliot released Viv, thankful for the interruption. Being that close to the blond caused some stirring in his gut. "Great first shot." he praised. "You two have great on screen chemistry." he added and clapped his hands. "Ok, let's set up again so we can have a few shots just in case." he said and they did a few more takes before moving on to other scenes.

They day progressed and soon they wrapped for the day. Elliot sat up and took the towel he was handed. Elliot wiped his face before he slung it around his neck then grabbed a water bottle and taking a sip. They had just finished the scene where he and Viv were holding up in the steaming hot engine room. A group of raiders took over the ship and the two hid in the room. The intense heat required Elliot to remove his shirt, causing some sexual tension between the two. For some reason, he seemed nervous about removing his shirt in front of people. He only hesitated for a moment before pulling it off, revealing his fit body and two faint scars right under each of his pecs.

The scenes were playing out well and she was practically enthralled with the whole process. Everyone seemed so vibrant on the set and passionate about the roles they played, it was infectious. The fact that her co-star was able to play his character so convincingly left her wondering exactly if the charisma and charm was all just a part of the act or an integral part of Elliot himself. Vivienne found herelf falling into character easily, their banter and back and forth dialogue kept her focus and she couldn't helo but find a new appreciation for the genre of the film. Adding on that Elliot was definitely easy on the eyes helped her fall into the story as well...

With a brief sigh she took the cool water offered to her and made no attempts to hide the way she guzzled the refreshing liquid down. The last scene in the engine room had left her burning up in the leather costume she wore. Her fingers fiddled with the fastenings of the front of the leather shirt to loosen it slightly, slipping it off to hang around her waist where she tied off the sleeves. She was grateful for much thinner and cooler tank she wore underneath, leaning against wall off to the side of the set, watching as stage hands bustled and cleaned up.

Vivienne couldn't help but notice Elliot and smiled at him warmly, eyes lighting up when he stripped off his shirt and left nothing to the imagination. "Lucky you, I take off my shirt and I am likely to get sued for public indecency," she teased with a warm grin.

Elliot turned and smirked at Viv's comment. "Trust me. There would be nothing indecent about you exposed." he said with a grin. Elliot had a reputation for being a flirt. But either he never kissed and told, or he never followed up on his come-ons. His personal life was under lock and key. Elliot leaned against the wall facing Viv, making no move to put his shirt back on. "So I've been thinking" he said as he tossed the towel on a nearby chair. "I usually like to invite my co star to my place for dinner. Kind of like a way of getting to know each other." he said then threw his hands up. "Before you jump to conclusions, I have asked my male co stars over as well in previous films. It's just my way of breaking the ice." He gave Viv his trademark smile that has graced many magazines and movie posters. "So what do you say?"

That smile was dangerous, she decided. Dangerous in the way it tempted her to break all of the rules she had put in place to keep herself from dating co-stars. It always would lead to a gut wrenching break up plastered all over trash dime magazines for months telling lies and citing 'insider sources' who didn't exist. Oh yes, his smile was tempting, all right. But if the private life he lived was anything to go by, he didn't seem like one of the Hollywood types who exploited their relationships and promiscuity for personal gain, in fact, he was either celibate or had his personal life on tighter lockdown than anyone she had ever met.

Vivienne tilted her head, eyes lighting up in a bit of humor as she pushed away from the wall to brush past him, bumping her shoulder against his arm as she did with a grin and waggle of her eyebrows, deciding to tease just a little bit. "Your reassurance does little by ways of comforting me...just makes me wonder if you swing both ways and welcome the company of male and female counterparts." She winked playfully as she grabbed her phone out of her purse.

"In all seriousness, though, I would like that. When would you like to do this?" She asked, glancing up with a warm smile.

Elliot just chuckled at Viv's remark. Most men would feel threatened at her assumption. But he paid no mind to it. "Well, if you believe the latest issue of In Touch then perhaps I do." he said. He remembers seeing the badly photoshopped image of him supposedly making out with a male companion. With the caption "Elliot's Male Lover Tells All." He just found it amusing that anyone would believe it. Finally deciding he was dry enough he reached for his shirt and slipped it on.

"Well, how about after we wrap of here for the day. I'm not too far from here. You can follow me." he suggested.

"No offers to sweep me off my feet and carry me off strapped to the back of your motorcycle?" She asked with a crooked grin. "Color me impressed, you really are a gentleman and not just trying to get into my pants." Vivienne loosened her hair from the thick braid with a nod though as she ran her fingers through the strands, working out the knots gently.

"But sounds fair, I will follow you back after we are cleaned up from here," she said easily with a nod. It was a shame to see the shirt go back on, but the view had been pretty while it lasted. "I will meet you out front when we are done, Elliot," she said with a wink before heading over to make up so they could help remove the grease stains from her face and hair.

Elliot laughed again. It seemed to come easy with Viv. He then nodded in agreement. "Alright, sounds like a plan. See you out there." he said then headed back to clean up and change. Soon he was back on his jeans and shirt and then grabbed his jacket and helmet before heading out to his bike. He waited for Viv and when he spotted her he waved and fired up his bike then drove out to his temporary apartment. His official residence was a modest home in northern California. He just rented this place for the filming, something many actors do in trade for a trailer or commuting.

The apartment was a nicely decorated one bedroom overlooking the city. Elliot led Viv inside and went to the fridge and pulled out bottle of wine. "A drink with your meal M'lady?" he asked as he presented the bottle dramatically.

Vivienne followed him easily, her small white car parking in the lot outside of his apartment. Once inside she slipped her sunglasses nto her purse as she glanced around his place. It was quiet, peaceful here.

Vivienne grinned when she heard him offering her wine before pretending to fan herself with a hand as her face took on a dramatic expression. "Oh, be still my beating heart you offer a lady wine." She grinned before taking the bottle from him to pass by him and walk through his kitchen. "So, where are the wine glasses? Or shall we drink from the bottle m'lord." She smiled at him. "And what will you be cooking, or was cooking code for take out like most native Californians?" She asked with a laugh.

Elliot couldn't help but realize how easily he laughed with this woman. This could be either a good or bad thing. He hadn't decided yet. "Well drinking from the bottle has a nice "I live under the bridge." Feeling to it." He said as he grabbed two glasses and a cork screw. Upon hear her remark about take out he clutched his chest, as if stabbed in the heart.

"My god. Confusing dinner with simple take out. We will not talk such blasphemy on this house." He proclaimed then headed to the fridge once again. Upon opening he showed Viv it was filled to capacity with fresh ingredients. "When I say dinner I mean dinner." He said while bringing out some vegetables. "And yours truly as the head chef." He pulled out a few tomatoes and began juggling them, just to show off. He loved to entertain every chance he got. It was one of the many reasons he got into acting.

"So, what does madam have a taste for tonight. We have quite a selection. Ranging from chicken to pasta to fish. Anything my lovely guest desires." He said, flashing that million dollar smile once again.

She was beginning to think she was going to need to rethink this whole idea of not dating coworkers. Sure, the body and face were great but something about that smile and laugh just left her feeling a little dizzy each time.

"Well, master chef, I will never turn down a plate with chicken on it," she offered up with a smile. "Howabout you see what you can create with those ingredients," she hummed while waving a hand at the fridge before taking the glasses and corkscrew. "And I will pour the wine since we are finding ourselves above under the bridge standards this evening. What do ya say? It keeps me away from the kitchen at least which is...healthy for sll parties involved."

"If chicken is what the lovely lady desires. Than chicken she will have." he said then grabbed the chicken out and started preparing Chicken Parmesan. He got all the necessary items and spices to make the dish. Including a container with homemade sauce already pre-made and seasoned just right. "I shall hand over wine duties to you." he said, waving his hand with a flourish at Viv.

Soon Elliot was in his element as he prepared the meal, taking a sip of the not poured wine and letting Viv carry the conversation since he was focused on cooking.

"So why choose a sci fi flick?" he asked as he kept his eye on the cooking chicken in the pan. "I don't recall you ever being in anything fantasy or science fiction?"

"Well...I found myself tired of playing the same role in every movie. The sweetheart, the all-American darling, a damsel or cliche isn't too terrible but when you are being type casted for every movie as the pretty girl next door in the latest Nicholas Sparks-esque romance it gets...boring." Vivienne tucked her hair behind her ears as she watched Elliot cook. He was so sure and competent with every move.

It made her smile as she watched his hands fly over ingredients and work wonders over the dishes he prepared. "You...you seem very adept at this. Were you trained as a chef?" She asked, leaning against the counter opposite to watch him after she poured two glasses of wine.

Elliot nodded in agreement. Type casting can be a curse for an actor when they try to branch out and do other genres. "Yeah. When I got started I was pegged as the handsome love interest. While romances can be fun. The typical "Girl meets Boy" story gets stale after a while." he said as she began sprinkling the cheese on top of each dish. He was silent for a moment, making a few finishing touches, before answering Viv.

"No formal training." he said as he grabbed the homemade garlic bread out of the oven. "I took a few classes at a community collage. It's really just a hobby. I discovered my skill when I had to fend for myself at 16." he placed the plates and the bread on the center island of the kitchen where there was two bar stools. "I was a.....troubled kid. My parents kicked me out when they had enough." he explained. He stayed vague on why he was kicked out. He liked to leave that out of at all possible.

"After I got out on my own I shaped up and found a job as a dishwasher, the I got promoted to chef after the head chef got a taste of my cooking when I was just playing around in the kitchen." he sat down and motioned for Viv to sit then waited for her to eat and see what she thinks. For some reason, he really wanted to find out Viv's opinion.

Vivienne nodded, smiling a bit as he said he understood, and it sounded like he did. She listened to him explain how be stsrted cooking and she raised an eyebrow impressed before joining him in sitting down. She looked over the meal, ignoring the way her stomach growled slightly at the sheer smell of the food. It looked absolutely amazing and she was sure to say as much with an appreciative smile for the skill and talent he had poured into creating dinner.

Her first bite had her smiling broadly as she hummed, slipping back in her chair with a happy sigh. It was wonderful, better than it smelled if that was even possible. She shifted and grinned over at him. "This is positively fantastic," she said around a broad grin and another bite. "I'm going to have to ask you for lessons or something...my basic knowledge extends to boiling water and not burning toast on a good day."

It had been ages since she had a delicious homecooked meal like this. The garlic bread by far had her probably the most excited, as silly as it founded. The lught flaky crust and crunch to it? She absolutely loved bread. "This is all fantastic...but how did you go from cooking to acting?" She asked, green eyes glancing up to study the man across from her.

Elliot was always praised about his cooking when someone first tried his cooking. He was always happy to hear it but Viv's love or his food made him ecstatic. "I am flattered that you like it." he said then chuckled at her remarks about her own cooking "I'm sure you are not that bad. But I would love to give you some pointers." he said as he began to eat.

As he chewed he thought over her next question. He grabbed his wine to wash down his bite. "Well, I was pretty happy with being a chef. The restaurant I worked in was a dinner theater kind of thing and I had to fill in for an actor one night and, well....I guess I was bit by the acting bug." he said then took another bite before gazing over at his dinner companion. "What about you? How did you get into acting?"

She smiled with a slight shrug as she continued to eat her meal around the occasional sip of wine. "I was relatively young and home was..." she shook her head with a small smile. "Acting was a means of escape for me. Drama teacher took a shine to me and she helped me go through auditions. Wasn't long before local theater swept me up and then I saved what money I had, packed my bags and drove out here-haven't looked back once."

She took another pull from her wine, leaning back in her chair, holding the stem of the delicate glass between her fingers. "Do you ever get homesick? Or miss it? You know, quiet life without the tabloids and press?"

Elliot listened intently at Viv and her explanation. He understood the need to escape a troubled home life. He took a sip of his own wine as he pondered the question. The answer was simple enough. "Sure, I miss it. But I can easily go back to it. I have made plenty of money already to live comfortable and support a family once the time comes." he said then got up to begin the clean up. "But I love acting, bringing a part to life, making it my own." he said as he began washing the dishes. After everything was clean he chatted with Viv for a bit longer before seeing her out. "I had a great time. I look forward to making an amazing film with you and all the rest of the crew." he said as he lead Viv to her car then watched her drive off.

Indeed he did have a great time, and there was no denying the attraction they had for each other. However, he knew nothing can come from it, for more reasons than the obvious ones. He went inside then headed to the bathroom to shower he looked at himself in the mirror. Standing there shirtless his eyes drifted to his chest, to his scars. As they always did when he looked at himself. Then, after removing his pants he stood nude and just sighed as he looks at the body he had. He was happy with it for the most part, except for one thing. The one thing that separates him from men who were born men. When he was transitioning he had considered going through the full gender reassignment surgery. But after learning out disfiguring it was, and that he would be lucky to get any sensation back. He decided against it. Elliot continued to look at himself in the mirror, his gold eyes staring back at him.

"You always do this...." he muttered to himself. "Best not to rock the boat like always." He stepped in the shower and began washing himself. He could continue to be friendly towards Viv. But nothing came come from it. He had way to much to lose if someone were to find out. He went to bed and fell into the covers easily. His last thought before drifting off was of his costar's warm smile.

The dinner wrapped up rather quickly after that. Vivienne was normally used to her male counter parts wanting lingering conversations, a night cap or coffee being offered in lieu of hoping she would stay longer. Elliot seemed to not care as he wrapped up their conversation with a response before chatted briefly, cleaned up and then walked her to her car. She watched him in her rearview mirror as she pulled away, a bit stunned at his reluctance to try anything. It was...refreshing almost to not worry on whether or not things would be awkward the next day because of a less than family friendly encounter or because she had declined an advancement.

She pulled into the underground parking lot of the posh ritzy apartment building she was leasing for the film. A brief nod at the door man and a ride on the elevator and she was in her spacious apartment, the soft sound of a bell jingling from her cat coming up to greet her-she was sure-in hopes of suckering a late night treat. She hummed a bit as she went about preparing for the evening, removing the painfully ample amounts of make up that had been slathered on her face, knotting the long wheat colored hair back into a sloppy bun as she changed into something comfortable to wear.

With a soft sigh and a gentle hum she climbed into her large bed and sank under the covers, smiling when the soft orange tabby joined her in bed with a little headbutt before claiming his usualy spot taking up half of her pillow. It was...silly to think of him, especially when they seemed to have the beginning of a good working relationship and possible friendship off of the set starting. She couldn't help the small blush she felt race over her cheeks though when she remembered him being shirtless and the way his eyes danced when he smiled or laughed during their shared meal.

Shutting her eyes she drifted, sleeping soundly until she heard her alarm blaring the next morning. She was running late and feeling a bit frazzled, rushing out the door without bothering to put on makeup and hiding her face being large thick glasses, her still damp hair folded up into a knot on the back of her head as she hurried to the set.

Back
Top Bottom